Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

How does Julie Delpy manage to get movies made in H'wood?

She writes, directs, and stars in these mediocre flicks ("Two Days in Paris" and its sequel, "Two Days in New York").

by Anonymousreply 2612/06/2014

Same way that mediocrity Kevin Smith and countless others get to make movies.

by Anonymousreply 111/04/2012

I've never seen those, but I liked Before Sunrise and Before Sunset. I heard her and Ethan Hawke had a hand in the script for Before Sunset.

by Anonymousreply 211/04/2012

I have no idea, OP. Plus, I heard she is a nightmare to work with.

by Anonymousreply 311/04/2012

She's not a big name.

by Anonymousreply 411/04/2012

Delpy, Hawke and the director all wrote the scripts - they were all niminated for an Oscar for Before Sunset. They also all wrote the new one - Before Midnight.

But as for how does Delpy get movies made - she works her ass off and makes small movies on small budgets. Lots of people could do this if they were really motivated filmmakers and not just wanting to be "movie stars."

by Anonymousreply 511/04/2012

Speaking of Julie Delpy: does anyone know what her character in "Three Colours: White" is signing to her husband from the Polish prison window at the end of the film? Anyone?

by Anonymousreply 611/04/2012

^Someone on IMDB posted this about the sign language:

"When Karol watches Dominique with the binoculars, she uses the sign language saying, ("quand je me libère de prison, toi et me, on part ensemble, oui? Ou on reste ici, ensemble, on se marie.") "When I get out of prison, you and me, we'll leave together, OK? Or we'll stay here together and get married again," (as Domique shows the act of putting a ring on the left hand on the ring finger) explained by Julie Delpy in bonus feature of the DVD."

How viewers were supposed to get that, I don't know.

by Anonymousreply 711/04/2012

She's an oscar nominated screenwriter and very likable. But I agree her recent movies have sucked.

by Anonymousreply 811/04/2012

I think she was somewhat blacklisted in France after she spoke out how in the French film industry young actresses were routinely sexually harassed.

by Anonymousreply 911/04/2012

[quote]Lots of people could do this if they were really motivated filmmakers and not just wanting to be "movie stars."

You mean, lots of well known (French) actresses could do this.

by Anonymousreply 1011/04/2012

The films you cite, OP, are not "Hollywood" films.

They're independent films, made outside of the studio system with independent financing.

The studios may distribute them, but they have no creative control - she's found a way to run the whole ship herself.

So your question is naive at best, if not just plain incorrect.

by Anonymousreply 1111/04/2012

Good for her.

by Anonymousreply 1211/04/2012

i liked Two Days in New York! Was it life changing? No but much better than another comedy or teen comic book movie...

by Anonymousreply 1311/04/2012

Psyched! Before Midnight will be released early next year!

Yeah!

by Anonymousreply 1411/05/2012

I just saw it today and thought her character was a big cunt throughout the movie.

by Anonymousreply 1506/16/2013

Was Ethan Hawke a cunt too, or was it one-sided?

by Anonymousreply 1606/16/2013

She sucks penises.

by Anonymousreply 1706/16/2013

I liked her in Killing Zoe.

by Anonymousreply 1806/16/2013

I think she's tremendous.

by Anonymousreply 1906/16/2013

The cuntiness is very one-sided in the movie, R16.

by Anonymousreply 2006/16/2013

I felt so bad for the Ethan KAwke character with a cunt of a wife like hers in the movie.

by Anonymousreply 2106/16/2013

Two Days in New York wasn't very good, but Two Days in Paris is no worse than most American movies, and far better than many.

That's why.

by Anonymousreply 2206/16/2013

"I felt so bad for the Ethan KAwke character with a cunt of a wife like hers in the movie."

This is DL: all women are cunts. And all men, no matter how ugly, old, stupid and mentally ill, are SO FUCKING SUPERIOR IN EVERY POSSIBLE WAY!

by Anonymousreply 2306/16/2013

Thanks, OP. I really enjoy Julie Delpy, and didn't know there was a follow up to Two Days in Paris. Thanks to you, I can see two of her movies in one week.

by Anonymousreply 2406/16/2013

Has Julie Delpy stopped acting for now?

by Anonymousreply 2512/06/2014

Mediocre or not,she`s writing ,directing and starring in her own Hollywood movies-she`s living her dream. Jealous much,OP?

by Anonymousreply 2612/06/2014
Need more help? Click Here.