Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Dear Theatergoers

My enemy is making her professional stage debut in a few weeks. Now if I bought a ticket for the first row and had "loser," "bitch," "firecrotch" printed on it....could I be kicked out of the theatre? Would they wait until intermission?

by Anonymousreply 2011/07/2012

[quote]"loser," "bitch," "firecrotch" printed on it.

I meant on a t-shirt....not the ticket!!!!

by Anonymousreply 111/04/2012

[quote] could I be kicked out of the theatre? Would they wait until intermission?

You probably wouldn't be allowed in - for security reasons.

Why don't you spend the money on therapy instead.

by Anonymousreply 211/04/2012

Well I'd wear a coat dummy. How is therapy going to harm my enemy r2? You just don't get it do you!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 311/04/2012

Could I just hold up signs and boo loudly?

by Anonymousreply 411/04/2012

Eat beans and fart loudly

by Anonymousreply 511/04/2012

Donna Murphy is on Datalounge, now?

Wear a coat, girl. That is all I can tell you.

by Anonymousreply 611/04/2012

Just throw some stool at her.

by Anonymousreply 711/04/2012

When she walks on stage give a little snicker with a look on your face that indicates she forgot to zip something. Give her puzzled looks whenever she has a line. Keep looking at her feet with a very concerned look on your face, as if she has a piece of toilet paper stuck to the heel.

by Anonymousreply 811/04/2012

now r8 is being helpful. Thank you dearest r8!!!

by Anonymousreply 911/04/2012

Get back to us when you come up with a planm OP.

by Anonymousreply 1011/05/2012

Shades of Emily Taplin-Boyd

by Anonymousreply 1111/05/2012

Oops! That should be: Get back to us when you come up with a plan, OP.

by Anonymousreply 1211/05/2012

Wear a sweater until you're seated, duh.

by Anonymousreply 1311/05/2012

Shout loudly.

by Anonymousreply 1411/05/2012

For the life of me I cannot remember the husband - Al Jolson? Eddie Cantor? - but when Ruby Keeler was married to an equally famous celebrity, the husband sat in the front row and heckled her! I thought that was hilarious - how fragile his ego had to have been to heckle his wife!

by Anonymousreply 1511/05/2012

Don't try anything funny, OP!

by Anonymousreply 1611/05/2012

Climb on stage to gift her with a rolled up poster in the middle of scene. She'll love it.

by Anonymousreply 1711/05/2012

Did you get your front row ticket, OP?

by Anonymousreply 1811/07/2012

A few years back, I was in a production of "The Music Man." We were dark on Mondays and a bunch of cast and crew decided to go to a Monday night performance of "Summer and Smoke" at the Kennedy Center, starring Eva Maria Saint and Ronnie Cox. We managed to get seats together down in front. During a serious moment in the play, there's a line about a traveling salesman. It wasn't meant to be funny, but to a group of about 20 people who were in a show about traveling salesmen, it was hysterical. So, the group all burst out laughing. You could see Saint stiffen and look wide-eyed at Cox. He had a somewhat startled look on his face. Though they continued with their lines, their expressions were saying to each other, "What the hell just happened?"

by Anonymousreply 1911/07/2012

R19, if you saw Eva Marie Saint and Ronny Cox in SUMMER AND SMOKE, I sincerely hope it was more than "a few years back." (I'm assuming they were playing the leads.)

by Anonymousreply 2011/07/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!