Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Reba's Malibu Country

Nobody watched? Reba ia Reba. Lily Tomolin laugh out loud funny. Sara Rue is gorgeous. Not one but two out gay actors, even a gorgeous set. Loved it, best pilot in years. Dids really well ratings wise too.

by Anonymousreply 7011/12/2012

I watched it, and I loved it too. I hope it keeps doing well

by Anonymousreply 111/03/2012

I love Sara Rue. Isn't she pregnant?

by Anonymousreply 211/03/2012

It was a lot better than I expected. Well written and funny.

Reba is a good actress who doesn't get nearly enough credit. People who saw her in ANNIE GET YOUR GUN said she was terrific.

by Anonymousreply 311/03/2012

I didn't know Reba's publicist posted here.

by Anonymousreply 411/03/2012

I almost saw a taping of this but my friend just had to eat first, and we got to CBS too late. I watched some clips on YouTube beforehand and it looked terrible.

by Anonymousreply 511/03/2012

[quote]I didn't know Reba's publicist posted here

Didn't know Mitt Romney's joke writer posted here either.

by Anonymousreply 611/03/2012

Who is the second out actor, OP?

by Anonymousreply 711/03/2012

Lily Tomlin

by Anonymousreply 811/03/2012

Is Lily Tomlin broke? Is that why she's doing a show like this?

by Anonymousreply 911/03/2012

Lily is the first - OP mentioned her.

I guess Queer Eye guy Jai is the second.

by Anonymousreply 1011/03/2012

Can't stand that stupid Reba's whiny voice. She is also cross-eyed. There, I said it!!

by Anonymousreply 1111/03/2012

Another thread said the show was horrible. No publicists or FanBots allowed to post here (according to me).

by Anonymousreply 1211/03/2012

I refuse to watch it as she is a Big Bush/Romney/Ryan/Palin supporter.

by Anonymousreply 1311/03/2012

I loved her other show, "Reba." Thought it was a corny, cheesy show, but tuned in one night and loved it. Go figure.

by Anonymousreply 1411/04/2012

R14 I did, too. I gather Sara Rue has the Melissa Peterman/Barbra Jean role in "Malibu Country."

by Anonymousreply 1511/04/2012

the cross eye look is from a bad eye job

by Anonymousreply 1611/04/2012

Fuck this botox bitch Republican.

by Anonymousreply 1711/04/2012

I tried watching her show a few years ago, but couldn't understand all the cracker talk at all!

by Anonymousreply 1811/04/2012

Reba is pals with former President George H.W. Bush, and the pair keep in contact via emails. “Senior president Bush is my joke buddy,” Reba shared with EW. “Matter of fact, I was in New York one time during the World Series watching the game, and I saw President Bush and Barbara sittin’ behind home plate. I get on my Treo, and I e-mail him, ”Hey, I see you on TV. Have a hot dog for me.” I see him elbowing Barbara, and pointin’ down to his Treo. Then he’s just workin’ on it. Pretty soon I get a message back from him: ”Wait ’til so-and-so gets up to bat, and I’ll wave at ya.”

by Anonymousreply 1911/04/2012

I'll be watching.

by Anonymousreply 2011/04/2012

I watched it, it was cute. Won't last though,

by Anonymousreply 2111/04/2012

"At 8:30 PM, Reba McEntire proved her drawing power with the debut of her new sitcom Malibu Country (2.2/7, 8.9 million). It built on its lead-in and posted ABC’s highest numbers in the half-hour in five years. It tied CBS’ Blue Bloods as the highest-rated scripted Friday debut in than five years."

by Anonymousreply 2211/04/2012

Sorry, I will boycott this show knowing that she is a fundie repug. I will tell my friends to do the same.

by Anonymousreply 2311/04/2012

I can't understand how Lily T ill work with her knowing she is against marriage equality.

I do understand why Jai would do he's a starfakkin shit.

by Anonymousreply 2411/04/2012

I can't stand that clown-faced country cracker bitch.

by Anonymousreply 2511/04/2012

The Dixie Chicks said in an interview what a cunt Reba was to them at the Country Music Awards because of the Bush comment.

When they won, she had a sour look on her face and refused to clap. Then, she realized the camera was on her and she did a half-hearted clap.

Anyone who was pissed at the Dixie Chicks for telling the truth about George W. Bush can go straight to Hell as far as I'm concerned.

Would NEVER watch her silly sitcom. Besides, it got awful reviews.

by Anonymousreply 2611/04/2012

Her show beat the Sandy benefit! America does not care for the rich in NY or NJ.

by Anonymousreply 2711/04/2012

[quote] Sorry, I will boycott this show knowing that she is a fundie repug. I

Then you need to boycott everything Kritsen Chenoweth does, because she sang at not one but TWO Bush Inaugurals.

[quote] I can't understand how Lily T ill work with her knowing she is against marriage equality.

Reba has already gone on record that she supports Same-Sex Marriage

by Anonymousreply 2811/04/2012

[quote] Fuck this botox bitch Republican.

SO you would also call Kristen Chenoweth a bitch Republican as well for supporting Bush?

[quote] I refuse to watch it as she is a Big Bush/Romney/Ryan/Palin supporter.

So have also boycotted stuff Kristen Chenoweth does as she sang at both Bush Inaugurals?

by Anonymousreply 2911/04/2012

Funny show and Lily had all the best quips. Wanted to hate it cuz of Reba, but couldn't.

by Anonymousreply 3011/04/2012

It still doesn't make up for Country Musics long Republican, racist and homophobic traditions, which as still alive and well today.

by Anonymousreply 3111/04/2012

[quote] It still doesn't make up for Country Musics long Republican, racist and homophobic traditions, which as still alive and well today.

So take it out on folks like Trace Adkins who has gone on record as saying he is against same-sex marriage.

Leave Reba alone because she supports same-sex marriage.

by Anonymousreply 3211/04/2012

Who in their right mind thought this show was funny? It was cringeworthy to say the least. That is the last time I will tune in.

by Anonymousreply 3311/04/2012

It got pretty bad reviews.

by Anonymousreply 3411/04/2012

[quote] Who in their right mind thought this show was funny?

The same people who made Tim Allen a star. Crap for Midwestern rednecks.

by Anonymousreply 3511/04/2012

What's with aging female country singers and cosmetic surgery? Reba, Dolly and Loretta all have had their faces done within an inch of their lives.

by Anonymousreply 3611/04/2012

Anyone who campaigned for GW Bush (or Mitt Romney) will never be left alone. They both declared war on Gay Americans.

by Anonymousreply 3711/04/2012

R37 that is a myth that Reba campaigned for GWB. Yes she donated money, but she never campaigned for him or Romney.

If u are mad at Reba, then you would have to be mad at Kristen Chenoweth for performing at not one, but TWO different Bush Inaugurals. Not only that, but she appeared with Pat Robertson on his show 700 Club.

So where is your outrage towards Kristen?

by Anonymousreply 3811/04/2012

No one likes Kristen and everyone boycotted her flop show "GCB" that was CANCELLED. We have the power.

by Anonymousreply 3911/04/2012

And getting hit on the head on the set of The Good Wife was more punishment from the gods

by Anonymousreply 4011/04/2012

And let's not forget Ricky Martin who also performed at the Bush Inaugural.

SO is he dead to all dataloungers as well?

by Anonymousreply 4111/04/2012

Reba is gay friendly. There are those Republicans who do support our rights and don't quite get that their support for the *current* GOP flies in the face of that. Bush 41 was pushed into being more conservative than he really was. Rather despicable ~ political opportunism at its worst. Go figure: Bill Clinton and HW are good friends. Barbara Bush btw is pro-choice. I suspect Laura is, too. Before my babble gets too crazy ~ Reba is gay friendly. Lily and Jai seem to have no problem with it. The show has the same formula as her previous show. She's a pocket book Republican ~ also misguided.

by Anonymousreply 4211/04/2012

Look what R38 (also R28, R29, R32, and R34) said about Reba on DL a few months ago:

[quote]Reba McEntire is a ***C*U*N*T**** with a CAPITAL C!

What a hypocrite!

by Anonymousreply 4311/04/2012

R42 Laura has gone on record that she is pro-choice and supports same-sex marriage

by Anonymousreply 4411/04/2012

R43 I put postings in that thread, but I never started that thread.

Maybe I was the last person to put a posting on it.

by Anonymousreply 4511/04/2012

R43 you are being very misleading. I was having an argument with a poster, and after being exasperated I wrote

"OK OP you win. Reba McEntire is a ***C*U*N*T**** with a CAPITAL C! Feel better?"

But if people want to read what I wrote go to the link below and go to "Reply 118" to see a list of things I wrote.

I was just exasperated with the back and forth I was having with the OP of that thread.

by Anonymousreply 4611/04/2012

I didn't say you started the thread. I said you made that post on the thread. It's reply 120.

You'd probably get kicked out of the Reba McEntire Cunt Brigade fan club if they found out about your betrayal.

by Anonymousreply 4711/04/2012

R47 read R46

and then go to the thread and read all my replies on Reply 118

by Anonymousreply 4811/04/2012

I liked the show. It's not ground breaking, but in my opinion not every TV show needs to be. It was good comfort food, no more, no less. I think the review at the link sums it up just fine for me. The show was OK, Reba is great.

This show has so many similarities with her last show, but I don't care. Her last sitcom was cancelled prematurely. People were still watching it so the recipe was still working. If Melissa Peterman is willing to show up I am more than happy to watch her doing the same stick again.

As of the political argument here: I so don't care. Obviously McIntyre is a conservative. But she is not a radical conservative by any means. She seems to be one of the few moderate conservatives left. I find it pretty stupid to villify her and put her in the same box with Patricia Heaton and alike. Once the Republicans are back in power (and we all know it will happen eventually), you want moderate Republicans having a say and not leave it to the extremists .Get informed, find out who is really a badass and get to work with the ones who are not. And relax. It's just a sitcom.

by Anonymousreply 4911/04/2012

Exactly R49

btw I find it really creepy that some people will go back, dig up old threads to track down people's IP addy or subscription numbers.

Everyone please relax, this is just a discussion board. No need to get big brother on some of the posters.

by Anonymousreply 5011/04/2012

There's your issue, R48. You don't take responsibility for the things you say, just like Reba. It's Kristen Chenoweth's fault that Reba is a cunt, just like it's someone else's fault that you called her a cunt.

If you didn't think she was a cunt, you wouldn't have said it.

by Anonymousreply 5111/04/2012

R43 I did take responsibility for what I wrote. If you very clearly read what I wrote at R46 it is very clearly laid out. I did write that and I explained why. And I'm not blaming anyone, I explained why I wrote what I wrote

And I didn't say it was 'Kristen Chenoweth's fault that Reba is a cunt'

What I said was if all of you are bashing Reba for supporting GWB, then you should also bash Kristen for singing at two Bush Inaugurals. and for appearing with Pat Robertson on 700 Club.

by Anonymousreply 5211/04/2012

If I do bash Kristen Chenoweth for singing at two Bush inaugurals, will you agree that Reba is just as big a cunt as Kristen is?

by Anonymousreply 5311/04/2012

Sorry she was a bitch to the Dixie Chicks. I like Reba. I also like Lilly Tomlin, but can't stand Sara Rue. I may watch the show next week, though I rarely watch sitcoms other than Big Bang Theory.

by Anonymousreply 5411/04/2012

[quote]If u are mad at Reba, then you would have to be mad at Kristen Chenoweth

Uh, given that the topic of discussion is Reba McEntire and her show, no one has to feel anything about Kristin Chenoweth. But good luck in telling people how they "have to" feel, control freak.

[quote]So where is your outrage towards Kristen?

Sigh. Same old freeper trademark - "let's change the subject!"

by Anonymousreply 5511/04/2012

[italic]Out Magazine: There are many in the LGBT community who want the right to marry and have what you and your husband have together. What are your thoughts on same-sex marriage?

Reba McEntire: Again, I can't judge that. I have gay friends who have partners, and I see where they would want to get married. I understand why. So, I can't judge that.[/italic]

It speaks volumes that she can't endorse marriage even when speaking to the gay press (and subsequent gay audience). The best she can muster is "I don't judge."

Has she ever explicitly said she supports gay rights or gay marriage, or is she limited to statements about just tolerating gays?

by Anonymousreply 5611/04/2012

R56 you forgot to post the start of the interview:

What do you say to those individuals who are more conservative and don't support the LGBT community? Reba McEntire: I just try not to judge. Don't judge me, and I won't judge you. And that's what it says in the Bible -- 'Don't judge.' Keep an open mind. That would be my voice. I have gay friends. I have a lot of straight friends. I don't judge them. I take them for what they are. They're my friends, and I can't defend my feelings for them, other than I like 'em.

To me it sounds like she is taking the live and let live approach. I could see stronger support than this. But if all Christians followed her pragmatic approach we would have marriage equality by now.

by Anonymousreply 5711/04/2012

I live in California now, but I'm a southern gay. I have heard that type of rhetoric many times. "I don't judge. Love the sinner, not the sin." It is, in a word, bullshit. I'll concede that we might get physically/verbally harassed and beaten less often than we do now were the majority of Christian fundamentalists to adopt such an outlook, but we'd still be no closer to marriage equality.

by Anonymousreply 5811/04/2012

[quote]you forgot to post the start of the interview:

I don't think that was forgotten, it's just that it would have been redundant, since she says the same thing at the beginning as she says when she's asked the specific question about gay marriage: "don't judge."

That's hardly supporting gay marriage, gay rights, or equality. It's more "leave it alone."

Has she ever said anything that directly supports gay marriage, like "I support marriage for everyone?" Or "I support gay rights?"

Or are all of her statements basically the milquetoast "I have gay friends" and "I don't judge them for being gay."

by Anonymousreply 5911/04/2012

[quote]Has she ever said anything that directly supports gay marriage,

Probably not. But being an entertainer I wouldn't expect her to be. It would be nice. But this one will do for me. If she was a politician I'd expect her to take a stance on this and many other things. Being an entertainer I'd say she is not obligated to say anything political.

I actually see her statement the other way around: It's hardly something that can be quoted on Fox News to support a ban on same-sex marriage. Not a big supporter either way. Just an entertainer.

by Anonymousreply 6011/04/2012

[quote] Being an entertainer I'd say she is not obligated to say anything political.

yet she did

by Anonymousreply 6111/04/2012

She doesn't support gays or lesbians. Don't delude yourself and pretend she does. She doesn't give a shit about us and just wants our money without having to come into contact with us. We have a lot of people that support us and she is not one of them. Boycott Reba. You know she is voting for Mitt on Tuesday. Don't pretend otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 6211/04/2012

Why would Lilli Tomlin be involved with a draconian anti-gay Reba?

by Anonymousreply 6311/04/2012

For the bucks.

by Anonymousreply 6411/04/2012

I don't know what was worse: the laugh track or the lack of dialogue worth laughing at.

by Anonymousreply 6511/04/2012

R65 Totally agree about the laugh track. It was really noticeable, especially since so many comedies these days ("Modern Family," "The Office," "Parks and Rec, etc.) are shot without a studio audience and have no laugh track.

I'm hoping it was that way only because it was a pilot episode; maybe things will improve. Too bad it's not on CBS; they could have a neighborly Malibu crossover with their neighbors from "2.5 Men."

by Anonymousreply 6611/04/2012

I'm making hot cakes and bacon for Shelby while sipping my third vodka oj

by Anonymousreply 6711/04/2012

If Reba supported gay marriage, she had the perfect forum to express it. She didn't. End of story. She has more than enough money. It isn't as if she was afraid she would offend her conservative audience and lose her career. She just isn't pro-gay, as much as you would like her to be.

by Anonymousreply 6811/04/2012

Most pro-gay people aren't all that pro-gay, in my experience.

by Anonymousreply 6911/04/2012

So is Sage really gay or does he just say he's gay to get girls to "practice kiss" with him?

by Anonymousreply 7011/12/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!