Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Chris Kluwe does it again

The Minnesota Vikings punter has written a blog for the St. Paul Pioneer-Press which has been one of the paper's biggest online draws.

Today the Pioneer-Press, while not officially taking a side on the Minnesota marriage amendment, ran an editorial that made it clear they were against same-sex marriage.

Chris wrote on Twitter:

[quote]"Sent my email to the @PioneerPress informing them I will no longer contribute to their blog network. It will be my last post on the site. [bold]I will not be associated with any organization that tries to pull some bullshit like that.[/bold] Have the strength of your convictions. Will post my last piece after walk through, and then it's time for Seattle. I'll look for a new blog site Monday and let you all know."

I love this guy.

Gratuitous shirtless shot:

by Anonymousreply 6109/01/2013

What made him such a vocal gay rights advocate? Not that I complain it's just so thrilling to have him on 'our' side.

by Anonymousreply 111/03/2012

^ His brother-in-law is gay.

by Anonymousreply 211/03/2012

Kluwe's brother-in-law is gay. Also, Kluwe is exceptionally well-read and extremely intelligent. It would be very surprising if he were anything but a vocal advocate for us.

by Anonymousreply 311/03/2012

I really appreciate the way he's stepping out there and challenging bigotry and homophobia. Pretty fly for a straight guy.

by Anonymousreply 411/03/2012

Bravo!

by Anonymousreply 511/03/2012

He's being eased out of his job. He even says in the comments of his blog in the MN paper that he knows NFL means "Not For Long".

Hope he has other plans.

by Anonymousreply 711/03/2012

He is smoldering hawt!

by Anonymousreply 811/03/2012

I'll give him a job sitting on my face.

by Anonymousreply 911/03/2012

[quote]Wait, his wife is kind of a fug Latina, like Matt Damon?

Matt Damon is a fug Latina?

by Anonymousreply 1211/03/2012

R11, it really is ok for him to be a comfortable straight male who is an advocate for gay rights. Why would you claim he's some closeted just because he's speaking out. I want more straight guys to have his conviction but they'd shy away if they fear being incorrectly labeled for standing up for us. Stop projecting.

by Anonymousreply 1311/03/2012

I think he's hot for an eldergay.

by Anonymousreply 1411/03/2012

Agree R13, just because he advocates for us doesn't mean he's gay, it means he's a compassionate, smart guy that we are fortunate to have on our side.

by Anonymousreply 1511/03/2012

I want to blow him repeatedly.

by Anonymousreply 1711/03/2012

Get a grip. His wife Isabel is hardly fug. She doesn't look like a Playboy Bunny, and that's okay. Some celebrities aren't into plastic-looking women. I think she's pretty in a girl next door way and looks like a normal, non-celebrity.

by Anonymousreply 1811/03/2012

[quote]I say he's closeted big time.

Yes, because closet cases are always so vocal about their support for gay rights, and eager to publicly align themselves with other gay people. Rolling my eyes...

You aren't very bright, are you?

by Anonymousreply 1911/03/2012

My bad! I meant Playmate. Before you accuse me of being an eldergay let me state that I'm 35. It was a stupid brain fart.

by Anonymousreply 2011/03/2012

Great to have this guy speak out for marriage equality. When will we get the same from Tim Tebow?

by Anonymousreply 2111/03/2012

I found this article about Kluwe. He sounds very interesting.

by Anonymousreply 2311/03/2012

R22 you're an ass.

by Anonymousreply 2411/03/2012

Jesus, unreal. The guy is a great and vocal advocate for gay rights whose job might be threatened due to his advocacy and all DL can do is let the thread devolve into something about his "fug" wife? Jesus H. Christ on a cracker.

No wonder we need help.

by Anonymousreply 2511/03/2012

He is a cool guy and we are very lucky to have an advocate like him

by Anonymousreply 2611/03/2012

Great profile from NY Tmes.

by Anonymousreply 2711/03/2012

R25, I agree. If Kluwe had a smokin' hot Playmate wife he would be accused of being shallow (and assumed to be gay). Having a "fug" wife means he's gay. Silly logic. If he were gay I think he would be out.

At any rate, I still don't see why some are calling her "fug." She looks fine to me. It's a candid photo. Who knows what she look like if she were dressed to the nines? At any rate, we aren't the ones married to her. Evidently Kluwe thinks she's awesome or he wouldn't have married her and had kids with her. She most likely shares his progressive views and is on our side.

I don't know why some folks tear down celebrities' partners. They're damned if they have hot partners and damned if they have plain ones. I'm so glad I'm not in the spotlight,

by Anonymousreply 2811/03/2012

Love him. Glad that he is on our side. His wife is most definitely not "fug."

by Anonymousreply 2911/03/2012

His wife is not beautiful but she is naturally pretty and not ugly at all.

I knew nothing of this fellow prior to reading this thread because I don't follow football at all. He seems quite alright as well as rather intelligent. It wouldn't surprise me if he became a politician later on down the line.

by Anonymousreply 3011/03/2012

R10/11/16/22: You started this attack on his wife; is this how you treat your friends or supporters?

by Anonymousreply 3111/03/2012

[quote]I knew nothing of this fellow prior to reading this thread because I don't follow football at all.

There have been several other threads in past weeks - as a result of his speaking out for marriage equality. It's wonderful to have people like this who openly support equality.

by Anonymousreply 3211/03/2012

The whole family is beautiful and there are only trolls here, anti-gay trolls, who think otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 3311/03/2012

Of course, let's put down his wife. Sheesh, some of you need a swift kick in the balls.

Kluwe's awesome.

by Anonymousreply 3411/03/2012

His wife isn't ugly.

by Anonymousreply 3511/03/2012

bumpity

by Anonymousreply 3611/04/2012

Most of us are so used at being rejected and hated by members of society that it feels almost alien when someone is kind and on our side. So we are confused and look for the hidden camera that caputures that cruel prank for the entertainment of others, the hidden agenda that reveals a sinister motive, or the exit of this Twilight Zone dream episode.

by Anonymousreply 3811/04/2012

I think both he and his wife are hot.

I suspect it's one of the Republican trolls here going on about "fug"ness. They generally try to post the most misogynist and racist things and pass it off as "gay" opinions.

Kluwe seems like a FUCKING COOL GUY.

by Anonymousreply 3911/04/2012

Exactly, R39. There's no need to even bring up his wife or kids. It's a completely freeperish thing to do - something you'd expect from someone like Ann Coulter or Newt. Kluwe is a far better human being than someone like R37.

by Anonymousreply 4011/04/2012

[quote]You started this attack on his wife; is this how you treat your friends or supporters?

What do you expect from freepers? Forget about a "MARY", a lot of you are like Mary's little lambs being led to the slaughter.

These people will say anything and pretend to be anything, to further their pathetic ideology and sow dissent in the anks of their opponents. Just because they're posting on DL doesn't mean their bullshit belong here.

It's their job.

A wack/whack job they do at their master's bidding.

by Anonymousreply 4111/04/2012

ranks not anks.

by Anonymousreply 4211/04/2012

I like Kluwe, but he is starting to show some decline in his play, so I think that is what is threatening his job. That said, you have to wonder how much he has in common with his teammates etc. How many people can he have a conversation with. He seems smart enough where he has probably invested rather than spent his money, and he might be ready to get out of the NFL.

The Saint Paul Pioneer Press has always been considered the more conservative paper compared to the Minneapolis Star and Tribune. Their editorial view does not surprise. I just wish someone would throw a bucket of water on Archbishop Nienstadt so he would melt away.

by Anonymousreply 4311/04/2012

[quote]Not as fucking Mary as you queens

Wow. So not being cruel about a woman's looks makes one a "Mary" and a "queen"?

It must be sheer hell living in your head.

by Anonymousreply 4411/04/2012

Is it wrong that the shirtless photo of him does make me feel like a lustful clock monster?

by Anonymousreply 4511/04/2012

I would love to see Kluwe debate Michele Bachmann. Maybe he should invite her to do one as a fundraiser for a mutally-acceptable charity. The tix would sell like hotcakes. Of course, she'd never agree.

by Anonymousreply 4611/04/2012

Do you type the word "clock" more frequently into your iPad than the word "cock", R45?

by Anonymousreply 4711/04/2012

It doesn't run contrary to his stand, r45. He only argues that marriage equality won't turn people into lustful cock monsters. As far as I know he hasn't tackled the subject of whether looking at his shirtless photos would have that affect.

by Anonymousreply 4811/04/2012

[quote]If Kluwe had a smokin' hot Playmate wife he would be accused of being shallow (and assumed to be gay).

More specifically, the hot Playmate wife would be seen as a transparent ploy to try to cover his tracks.

by Anonymousreply 4911/04/2012

Exactly, r49. Why are some of you being so negative about the spouse of an ally? I think r41 is onto something. Kluwe is articulate, intelligent, supportive, and funny as hell. How do some of you repay his awesomeness? By tearing down his wife. Stay classy.

by Anonymousreply 5011/04/2012

Fucking autocorrect. Apparently yes R47. Cock. Cock. Cock. Maybe it will catch on.

by Anonymousreply 5111/04/2012

I don't have an iPad or an iPhone. Isn't it an option to turn off autocorrect? Weird autocorrect seems to be an issue for Apple. I had an Apple (Centris) in the '90s and spell check came up with some doozies.

by Anonymousreply 5211/04/2012

Knowing autocorrect, it will probably only catch on when you have a seven o'cock appointment with your maiden aunt, R51.

by Anonymousreply 5311/05/2012

I wonder if Kluwe toys with the idea to get into politics when he's really on his way out from his pro sports career? Politics is a dirty, dirty business though. I don't if he and his point of view would survive the snake pit that is politics.

by Anonymousreply 5411/05/2012

Given how the trollbots here are trying to "neutralize" his enlightened political stance I can only imagine the hateful shit that would be landing in his inbox every day.

He would be receiving hate-filled tirades and death threats, the whole magilla.

by Anonymousreply 5511/05/2012

r12, Matt Damon is a fug Latina?????

by Anonymousreply 5611/14/2012

[quote]Most of us are so used at being rejected and hated by members of society...

And in some cases, deservedly so. Here he is standing up for our rights and people are bad-mouthing his wife. DL really is an online insane asylum.

by Anonymousreply 5711/14/2012

I would lap at his hairy hole for 2 hours

by Anonymousreply 5811/14/2012

National Football League punter, and LGBT ally, Chris Kluwe, is without a team approximately a week before the season starts.

Kluwe announced that he was cut from the Oakland Raiders.

'Thanks to everyone at the Raiders for the opportunity this preseason,' he wrote on his Twitter account on 1 September. 'It was a blast.'

In addition, he congratulated fellow punter Marquette King for making the team.

'Feel like we both had a pretty strong preseason. No regrets,' Kluwe tweeted.

The American football season officially starts on 5 September. While he's not signed now, Kluwe is hopeful about the near future.

'Thank you to everyone for the well wishes. We'll see what the next couple of days bring. Other than more dead PoE characters,' he wrote referring to the online video game Path of Exile. Aside from being a football player, Kluwe is an avid gamer.

This past February Kluwe, a married straight man with two children, was honored at the Family Equality Council's awards dinner in Los Angeles.

When he played for the Minnesota Vikings, Kluwe was part of the effort to defeat the state ballot initiative that would have banned same-sex marriage.

He was propelled to greater fame when a withering profanity-laced open letter, sent to Maryland Assembly Delegate Emmett C. Burns, went viral.

He wrote it after the legislator complained to the owner of the Baltimore Ravens when linebacker Brendon Ayanbadejo made public statements supporting same sex marriage. - See more at:

by Anonymousreply 5909/01/2013

Let's find Kluwe a job. A man with such a wonderfully hairy, musky ass should never go without.

by Anonymousreply 6009/01/2013

Maybe he and Tebow can work together to combat homophobia!

by Anonymousreply 6109/01/2013
Need more help? Click Here.