Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

The Lady Ann is crying on the campaign trail today.

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 12912/05/2012

Good practice for Tues night

by Anonymousreply 111/03/2012

She seems very emotionally unstable.

by Anonymousreply 211/03/2012

link please! We need to feel her pain.....

by Anonymousreply 311/03/2012

I just want to SEE her in pain.

by Anonymousreply 411/03/2012

Link, OP? I am trying to finish my scrapbook of special memories.

by Anonymousreply 511/03/2012

Please tell me that Jessica Lange is playing her in the HBO movie about the 2012 election.

by Anonymousreply 711/03/2012

She weeps acid.

by Anonymousreply 811/03/2012

It's got a hell of a defense mechanism, r8. You don't dare kill it.

by Anonymousreply 911/03/2012

I wonder whether she'll be caught mouthing the word "Ingrates!" during the concession speech?

by Anonymousreply 1011/03/2012

Her Mormon Spanx are too tight.

by Anonymousreply 1111/03/2012

LOL@r1!

by Anonymousreply 1211/03/2012

Ann has been sneaking sips of the communion wine again.

by Anonymousreply 1311/03/2012

Excellent idea, R7, but I would like to think Jessica Lange would turn down playing that freak show.

by Anonymousreply 1411/03/2012

Does Lady MacRomney see "her turn" slipping away?

by Anonymousreply 1511/03/2012

I wish Teresa Heinz-Kerry would have Ann blacklisted from Boston society. The Heinz-Kerrys despise the Romneys.

by Anonymousreply 1611/03/2012

R13, she's Mormon, not Catholic.

by Anonymousreply 1711/03/2012

[quote][R13], she's Mormon, not Catholic.

Then she's been doing jell-o shots on the campaign bus.

by Anonymousreply 1811/03/2012

They used her too sparingly I'm afraid.

by Anonymousreply 1911/03/2012

We need video, and we need it NOW!

by Anonymousreply 2011/03/2012

[quote]I wish Teresa Heinz-Kerry would have Ann blacklisted from Boston society. The Heinz-Kerrys despise the Romneys.

I can't imagine any true blueblood set accepting Mittens and Lady Meatloaf Cakes as capital-S Society. Despite their wealth and hauteur (and Rafalca), they're kind of cream-cheese bourgeois.

by Anonymousreply 2111/03/2012

[quote]I would think gay boiz would like her?

"Gay boiz" like only divas who like them back.

by Anonymousreply 2311/03/2012

She should be weeping at the prospect of Mitt actually winning this thing. Neither of them is really up for this.

by Anonymousreply 2411/03/2012

I think at this point every single Republican knows that Romney can't win, but they don't tell that to Romney or he would quit (though him refusing to answer any questions is a step in the quitting direction) and humiliate the Republican Party even further.

by Anonymousreply 2511/03/2012

She kind of has a Joan Crawford thing going on. I bet she is violent and smacks people a lot.

by Anonymousreply 2611/03/2012

OP: Your use of "The Lady Ann" reminded me of something, but I couldn't think of it right away. Finally I realized it was the title of a classic "Twilight Zone" episode about a ship full of old white people going off to die. Appropriate, n'est-ce pas?

by Anonymousreply 2711/03/2012

"Lady Ann" makes me think of the scene in "Richard III" where Richard dates the Lady Ann on her way to a funeral.

by Anonymousreply 2811/03/2012

This article basically explains why she was so emotional. They know they are losing.

by Anonymousreply 2911/03/2012

Ann Romney has the look of defeat on her face in #CO. stunning. sounds very unenthusiastic

by Anonymousreply 3011/03/2012

It seems dickish of Mitt to put her thro this. Everyone I know with MS needs a ton of rest and as stress free of an existence as possible. Must be his Mormon Entitled Male Syndrome.

by Anonymousreply 3111/03/2012

[quote]on her way to a funeral

Also appropriate.

by Anonymousreply 3211/03/2012

That CBS article has some insight into the current mood, but also a lot of bullshit about the "enthusiasm" for Romney and their "great internals" which are horseshit. It's a puff apologia piece which also claims only Sandy made this happen. That's their building narrative, but it's not true - Romney was already doomed before Sandy.

by Anonymousreply 3311/03/2012

If anyone reading this thread should happen to have some shred of sympathy for Mrs. Romney, please remember that she went out of her way to sign a petition asking Massachusetts to amend its constitution to make same-sex marriage illegal. She also signed a petition asking that gay people not be allowed to have civil unions or even domestic partnership benefits like hospital visitation.

Save your sympathy for someone who deserves it.

by Anonymousreply 3411/03/2012

R34, I have felt sympathetic toward her right up until today. That voter fraud in Nevada was the last straw for me. They have done nothing but enourage cheating and dishonesty. I don't even care if she has a major relapse and I'd love to see Mitt lose all his money.

by Anonymousreply 3511/03/2012

She's what the sorority girls in Animal House turned into.

by Anonymousreply 3611/03/2012

exactly r36.

Exactly.

by Anonymousreply 3711/03/2012

CUNT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 3811/03/2012

I want them to fill my water trough with her tears.

by Anonymousreply 3911/03/2012

by Anonymousreply 4011/03/2012

Ann and Mitt: It's not your turn despite what you thought.

by Anonymousreply 4111/03/2012

I have no sympathy for her. But Mitt insisting on running after she asked him not to because she didn't think she had the physical stamina for a protracted campaign really illustrates the sort of person he is.

But yeah, she's a rich bitch in magic underwear who'd probably love to watch us burn.

by Anonymousreply 4211/03/2012

She seemed completely out of it and exhausted on The View a couple of weeks ago. I hope she weeps on election night.

by Anonymousreply 4311/03/2012

I saw the clip of the Lady Ann tearing up on-stage and one of her sadly handing out baked goods and reminiscing on the plane this morning.

Clearly, someone sat her down and had "the talk" about what's actually going to happen on Tuesday.

by Anonymousreply 4411/03/2012

R42. I heard that it was Ann who urged Mitt to run this one last time. But either way, both of them are despicable.

by Anonymousreply 4511/04/2012

She a rather inconsequential person, when you get right down to it. She does not have a beautiful mind.

by Anonymousreply 4611/04/2012

So Bar, you think it's working out well for Ann?

by Anonymousreply 4711/04/2012

She should probably be talking to Cindy McCain.

by Anonymousreply 4811/04/2012

Here it is around 1:48.

by Anonymousreply 4911/04/2012

After all that I've given you people!

by Anonymousreply 5011/04/2012

cunt.

by Anonymousreply 5111/04/2012

Romney's short-lived momentum has come to an end. Ann is obviously aware of this fact.

by Anonymousreply 5211/04/2012

LEAVE ANN ROMNEY ALONE!!!

by Anonymousreply 5311/04/2012

Y'all used to call me "Pickles." Mad at first but grew to like it. Just DL calls me this.

How come you never gave Mrs. Obama a nickname … and what are you going to call Mrs. Romney when she is First Lady?

by Anonymousreply 5411/04/2012

If you people would just see Mitt for the wonderful fuck that he is. He will screw you like he has screwed me all these years.

by Anonymousreply 5511/04/2012

So does that mean god sent Sandy to ensure that Obama wins?

by Anonymousreply 5611/04/2012

r49, "400 bad request" though i appreciate your effort...

by Anonymousreply 5711/04/2012

My dear Lady Ann

I've done what I can

by Anonymousreply 5811/04/2012

[quote] … and what are you going to call Mrs. Romney when she is First Lady?

Pickles, we will call her "Committed to a psychiatric ward for persistent hallucinations."

by Anonymousreply 5911/04/2012

That's QUEEN Ann to you people!!

by Anonymousreply 6011/04/2012

Even if we do lose....we still have our ocean view estate in California. So we can sit on our patio and view the sunsets while all you queers fuck yourselves.

by Anonymousreply 6111/04/2012

Link?

Anyone?

by Anonymousreply 6211/04/2012

Sorry, R49, still no pics. People are talking about it but there are no images or video.

by Anonymousreply 6311/04/2012

How do you know that, R42? I heard she was totally up for it and the only son of theirs who is considered a momma's boy was also up for it. I think she was sure that the racists would rise up and get rid of Obama and really wanted that first lady tag.

by Anonymousreply 6411/04/2012

When she does too much activity on the campaign trail, her multiple sclerosis acts up and makes her weak and frail.

She was explaining this to one of the anchors on one of the morning shows - can't remember which.

You could see one of Ann's episodes of poor health during the first or second debate. It showed in her face.

She looked to be really hurting health-wise.

Yesterday, she had to stand behind Mitt during his entire speech - standing during an entire speech is so unnecessary and uncalled for.

by Anonymousreply 6511/04/2012

Did someone shoot her horse?

by Anonymousreply 6611/04/2012

So tender to the touch!

by Anonymousreply 6711/04/2012

If ever someone were just not cut out to be a First Lady, it is Ann Romney. And not just because of her health, either... temperamentally she just isn't suited to it. The people of Massachusetts hated her as First Lady of their state.

To be an effective First Lady, you either have to be tough (e.g. Nancy Reagan, Hillary, Michelle Obama). Delicate flowers like Ann tend not to do so well in the role.

by Anonymousreply 6811/04/2012

Why did people of Massachusetts 'hate' Ann Romney?

by Anonymousreply 6911/04/2012

Mamie Eisenhower and Pat Nixon were both terrible First Ladies, IIRC.

by Anonymousreply 7011/04/2012

[quote]Mamie Eisenhower and Pat Nixon were both terrible First Ladies, IIRC.

Although they were two of the most loved and admired of all time. Same with Bess Truman.

by Anonymousreply 7111/04/2012

Ann can be a patient on my show.

by Anonymousreply 7211/04/2012

Just because, here's my favorite post from our recent First Ladies thread, by "Bessie T.":

[quote]Her breasts hanging low and smart in her blue dress, the released science experiment knew that the time called for genuine masculine engagement. Her massive proboscis sensed the danger and thrill of an imminent sexual encounter, and her hair pulsated and gathered around her small Caucasoid 'ears'. Above the smile and with a furtive glint, the left eye swivelled on the man at the other end of the room... He stammered 'Cheese!' just before her clothes caught flame and fell to the floor, revealing her harshly otherworldly splendor.

by Anonymousreply 7311/04/2012

[quote] that first lady Tagg

Fixed that.

by Anonymousreply 7411/04/2012

CLEVELAND -- Reporters who have traveled with Mitt Romney's campaign for the last few days asked Romney adviser Kevin Madden earlier whether Ann Romney is feeling OK.

Many reporters who observed Ann Romney said she looked weak and unsteady.

Beth Myers, a longtime close confidante and adviser to Romney, came back to reporters on the plane before taking off from Cleveland and dismissed the concerns.

"She's great. She's feeling fine," Myers said.

by Anonymousreply 7511/04/2012

How much you want to bet that somewhere on the campaign tomorrow an ambulance is called to take the suffering Ann Romney to the hospital. Oh the humanity!

by Anonymousreply 7611/04/2012

Imagine if she had to put up with things like "kill whitey" tapes?

This woman has led such a privileged life, so she really has no clue how to handle real adversity. Having MS with the money to get the best care in the world, is not adversity. Let her suffer with MS while having to pay other bills, including years of health insurance only to either get cut off by that insurance or them refusing to pay for needed treatment.

by Anonymousreply 7711/04/2012

To Mass. residents, what was she like as the first lady there. I cannot imagine her having any kind of agenda, let alone even knowing what an agenda is. She just doesn't come off as all that bright.

by Anonymousreply 7811/04/2012

If Lady Ann looks so bad reporters who don't get a shit about her are asking about it, it sounds like they're saying, "We care about her more than Romney does, and we don't even like her that much."

What is Romney trying to do, finish her off? Seriously, it's probably a serious case of Mormon male entitlement. MS sufferers are told not to physically wear themselves out - if they are in remission, exhaustion can bring it back. At that point, anything can happen, including a rapid decline. Romney is literally gambling her life.

Somehow it's always been apparent his family came last to him and I don't like Ann, but that doesn't mean I want to see her flogged in her harness until she drops dead.

by Anonymousreply 7911/04/2012

Anything other than laying on a chaise lounge and eating Costco cream puffs at one of her vacation homes is just too taxing for poor Ann.

by Anonymousreply 8011/04/2012

MA resident here. I don't remember a thing about her when Mitt was governor, except she looked younger.

Spouses of governors are much lower profile than spouses of presidents.

by Anonymousreply 8111/04/2012

[quote]When she does too much activity on the campaign trail, her multiple sclerosis acts up and makes her weak and frail.

Stop the trail! She's very frail!

Annie's pan is very pale!

.. Sorry, toots. Your ship has sailed.

by Anonymousreply 8211/04/2012

[quote] I beg your pardon?

by Anonymousreply 8311/04/2012

Don't fool yourself. She wants this as much if not more than Mittens. Her ambition is written all over her face.

by Anonymousreply 8411/04/2012

[quote]Spouses of governors are much lower profile than spouses of presidents.

Not always, of course. Here in Alabama, we had Cornelia Wallace, "The Redneck Jackie Kennedy." After George divorced her, she became a full-blown Tennessee Williams–style eccentric. For a time in her 50s, she liked to hold court at The Quest Club, Birmingham's dive-iest gay bar.

by Anonymousreply 8511/04/2012

[quote] Not always, of course. Here in Alabama, we had Cornelia Wallace.

You also had Lurleen Wallace, who actually became governor.

by Anonymousreply 8611/04/2012

I wonder if she'll take a dive this week.

"Honey, when I say "momentum", you faint. Tagg will catch you."

I wouldn't put anything past mittens in his quest to win, even going for the pity vote.

Hell, Edwards tried it, and if he kept his dick in his pants, it might have worked.

by Anonymousreply 8711/04/2012

[quote]ouses of governors are much lower profile than spouses of presidents.

What about those of us who just shack up with a governor?

by Anonymousreply 8811/04/2012

I think it varies by state. I'm 44 and have been a lifelong resident of PA. I couldn't tell you a thing about any of our first ladies, except Midge Rendell, who was notable for being a judge. As first lady she kept a very low profile. I couldn't even tell you what Corbett's or Ridge's wives even look like, let alone their names or occupations.

by Anonymousreply 8911/04/2012

[quote]You also had Lurleen Wallace, who actually became governor.

Well, yeah, but George pulled the strings and told her what to say ...

by Anonymousreply 9011/04/2012

^ Plus she was battling cancer during most of her term.

by Anonymousreply 9111/04/2012

Maria Shriver is a stupid example, she's was a celebrity married to another celebrity. Same with Nancy Reagan as FL of CA. Name another California first lady off the top of your head, and tell us one unique thing about her. I'd bet very few Californians could, unless they were political wonks, journalists, historians or worked in state government. Most governor's wives just aren't on the average citizen's radar.

by Anonymousreply 9211/04/2012

Did Liz Taylor ever campaign for John Warner when she was first lady of Virginia? She seemed to disappear during that time.

by Anonymousreply 9311/04/2012

I have no idea who Dixie Lee Ray's wife was.

by Anonymousreply 9411/04/2012

Maybe she had frostbite and they wouldn't let her leave:

by Anonymousreply 9511/04/2012

And:

by Anonymousreply 9611/04/2012

Elizabeth Taylor did indeep campaign for John Warner. His first election. Without her, he never would have received the nomination, much less won. (The nominee killed in a plane crash, she spoke at a press conference. Blew everybody else away.)

I already told the story about them at the Reagan Inaugeral Ball. John Warner was a total ass to her. Right in front of me. She was seriously ticked - but this was close to the end of their relationship.

by Anonymousreply 9711/04/2012

indeed

by Anonymousreply 9811/04/2012

Liz Taylor was never first lady of anything. John Warner was a US Senator.

by Anonymousreply 9911/04/2012

A tad overweight, but with violet eyes to die for.

by Anonymousreply 10011/04/2012

When Bob Kerry was Governor of Nebraska he started dating Debra Winger when she was there filming Terms of Endearment.

It came out that she was shacked up in the Governor's mansion, but she didn't have a car, so the local newspaper ran a fund drive to get her one. I think the citizens pitched in enough to buy her an old Ford Pinto or some other piece of crap.

by Anonymousreply 10111/04/2012

R99 I assumed everybody knew that.

by Anonymousreply 10211/04/2012

Want to know what doomed Romney? IMO, he's been lying and playing the race card for this whole campaign, and the mainstream media gave him a free pass, but what really killed him was two things.

First, that Biggest Lie of All, the Jeep lie. When the head guys at both Chrysler & GM both say you're wrong and stop lying and scaring people, and you double down and put that ad on TV and just keep running it, that pissed the people in Ohioh off.

That was a big deal. It showed his character flaws in a way few other things have. Then, the whole FEMA discussion while Hurricane Sandy was smashing the shit out of the East Coast. That was the final nail in his coffin.

Yes the 47% thing hurt him. The refusal to show his tax returns hurt him, the fact that he refused to speak to the press for almost a month now, hurt him, because the traveling press corp gets really petty and takes that shit personal.

But the two main things were the Jeep lie and the FEMA comments. And it was the journalists, I believe, who broke the FEMA story and resurrected his comments.

by Anonymousreply 10311/04/2012

r102, there are people reading this having never heard of John Warner

by Anonymousreply 10411/04/2012

R93 obviously didn't, R102.

by Anonymousreply 10511/04/2012

[quote] the fact that he refused to speak to the press for almost a month now, hurt him, because the traveling press corp gets really petty and takes that shit personal.

They don't seem to be taking out any anger.

by Anonymousreply 10611/04/2012

Liz Taylor hated living in boring Virginia and being a stuffy senator's wife. She stayed drunk during most of that marriage.

by Anonymousreply 10711/04/2012

R67, yes, multiple sclerosis is such a source of humor and a thing to be made fun of

dimwit idiot

by Anonymousreply 10811/05/2012

I agree it's not in the best of taste to make MS jokes.

But one of the biggest laughs I ever got here on DL was four years ago when someone posted as Cindy McCain, leaving the trail temporarily with an injury, seeking sympathy:

I have PAIN in one of HANDS!

by Anonymousreply 10911/05/2012

It is when it comes to this out of touch, atrocious woman.

by Anonymousreply 11011/05/2012

She makes Cindy McCain look like a fucking saint.

by Anonymousreply 11111/05/2012

Ann is a product of her environment and her lifestyle. She was the daughter of a good Mormon and she was raised a good Mormon girl, and she married a Good Mormon and spat out five sons. Her husband is unbelieveably wealthy and has probably taken care of her all their lives. She is isolated by her wealth and her religion and is even more out of touch than he is.

by Anonymousreply 11211/05/2012

I'm sure that my coworker who has MS, is raising three children and has to work full time at a physically demanding job so that she doesn't lose her health insurance, is weeping uncontrollably at the sight of Ann being forced to STAND.

by Anonymousreply 11311/05/2012

112- The Lady Anne was not born a Mormon. She converted. Her non-Mormon parents were not permitted to attend the temple ceremony. To my mind that makes her worse: kind of a volunteer Stepford wife.

by Anonymousreply 11411/05/2012

[quote]Ann is a product of her environment and her lifestyle. She was the daughter of a good Mormon and she was raised a good Mormon girl, and she married a Good Mormon and spat out five sons. Her husband is unbelieveably wealthy and has probably taken care of her all their lives. She is isolated

I know what you're saying, but for the record she wasn't born a Mormon, she converted at 17 when Mitt snagged her.

by Anonymousreply 11511/05/2012

R112, she was the daughter of an avowed atheist. She had to convert to Mormonism in order to marry Mitt. But have no fear, the Romneys saved the poor heathen's soul by baptizing him into the Mormon Church after he died in the early 90s.

So actually, Our Lady Ann has chosen her own path in life.

by Anonymousreply 11711/05/2012

[quote] Our Lady Ann has chosen her own path in life.

And, apparently, her father's.

by Anonymousreply 11811/05/2012

Romney was the governor's son, Ann married him to be married to a rich guy with a lot of power. She knew what she was doing. Then-President Richard Nixon called her and Romney to congratulate them on their wedding, other politicians attended. It was a big society 'do.

She's Mittens in female form. They deserve each other.

by Anonymousreply 11911/05/2012

I did some geneology research on my family. I found myself, my brother and my father on a list in the LDS geneology base. That's doesn't mean they baptized us does it?

by Anonymousreply 12011/05/2012

She's on the roof!

by Anonymousreply 12111/05/2012

. Let her suffer with MS while having to pay other bills, including years of health insurance only to either get cut off by that insurance or them refusing to pay for needed treatment.

I am not sure how to quote, but I have MS, and this is dead on: Let her suffer; normally I would have empathy, but she is a heartless cow who wants me to have no rights.

by Anonymousreply 12211/05/2012

Has anyone been able to find a good link of Ann near tears. I need some cheering up today.

TIA!

by Anonymousreply 12311/05/2012

I was looking for Ann crying and obviously when you search, you end up finding other things.

I haven't watched CNN in so long, but was it ever mentioned on here that Erin Burnett was crying after Ann gave her speech at the convention?

Seriously??? I knew she was an asshole, but I didn't realize it was this bad.

Entitled cunt moved by another entitled cunt.

by Anonymousreply 12411/05/2012

[quote] She's Mittens in female form. They deserve each other.

They remind me of that arc in "Dexter" where the husband and wife psychopath killers are all taped up on the table. Dexter, trying to understand relationships, asks the wife how she makes things work.

"We want the same things," she says.

by Anonymousreply 12511/05/2012

What's Ann up to right now?

by Anonymousreply 12611/07/2012

Anybody know how to cover bruises with makeup?

by Anonymousreply 12711/07/2012

So if they were so convinced that they were going to win, what was she crying about that day?

by Anonymousreply 12812/04/2012

"So if they were so convinced that they were going to win, what was she crying about that day?"

She had just read the results of USAToday's InstaPoll, "Who's Your favorite American Living With MS" and saw that she was beaten by Annette Funicello and Brooklyn's Zadie Weinstein.

by Anonymousreply 12912/05/2012
Need more help? Click Here.