Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Gay Tea Party Member “Why I Oppose Gay Marriage”

A few years ago, I was on the other side of the fence on this topic. But the more I read, thought, investigated and attempted to defend my position, the more I realized that I couldn’t. I feel very strongly that gay relationships should be supported by society. I have grown convinced, however, that the term ‘marriage’ should not be altered or adjusted in any way.

Let’s face it: We should not attempt to force into an old construct something that was never meant for same-sex partnerships. We should welcome the opportunity to christen a new tradition, beginning a new chapter in the history of gays and lesbians within American society. Same-sex relationships are different from heterosexual relationships, and gay men and lesbians need to accept that and design their own tradition.”

National Capital Tea Party Patriots co-founder Doug Mainwaring

by Anonymousreply 3511/07/2012

I agree, Doug. We also need another term for gay "adoption" and we shouldn't call the kids they adopt "sons" and "daughters," either. Same-sex households are different from heterosexual households, and gay mean and lesbians need to accept that and design their own tradition.

by Anonymousreply 111/03/2012

As long as you accept I get to design my own tax system, Doug.

by Anonymousreply 211/03/2012

No one cares.

by Anonymousreply 311/03/2012

I'm so tired of hearing about it as an "issue" my head's going to implode. We must be the laughingstock of the world, squabbling over two dykes getting hitched- when the country is spinning down the proverbial drain.

As for abortion: it's always been with us. It always will be (in one form or another). The end.

by Anonymousreply 411/03/2012

Oh, Doug, thank you. We take you so seriously.

Now, go drown in a big pot of tea, you useless twat.

by Anonymousreply 511/03/2012

"I have grown convinced, however, that the term ‘marriage’ should not be altered or adjusted in any way."

He thinks the definition of marriage has never changed? Idiot. Polygamy was very common in the ancient world.

"We must be the laughingstock of the world, squabbling over two dykes getting hitched- when the country is spinning down the proverbial drain."

No, the "laughingstocks" are the people who think it doesn't matter. Civil rights matter, teabagger moron.

by Anonymousreply 611/03/2012

Gay Marriage is about acceptance and no longer being treated as second class citizens (while paying the same taxes as every other regular citizen).

Mr. Mainwaring avoids the core issue that riles up all the homophobes who cling on to ther superiority complex where gays, fags, homos, lesbians, dykes, trangender, freaks, etc. remain below them.

by Anonymousreply 711/03/2012

[all posts by right wing shit-stain # a removed.]

by Anonymousreply 811/03/2012

Gays should also stop referring to themselves by those other outdated constructs "people", "human being", "citizen", "voter", "taxpayer".

Really, only boring traditionalists like MItt Romney see themselves this way.

by Anonymousreply 911/03/2012

We are not asking to alter the term marriage. It will still be spelled with two Rs and two As after the election. No serious mind wants to change the word.

What does matter is the legal rights that come with the institution of marriage. All we are asking about is equality.

For those who claim that Domestic Partnership is acceptable, my response is that 'Separate but Equal' thing worked sooooo well.

by Anonymousreply 1011/03/2012

Can we get our own water fountains and swimming pools, too?

by Anonymousreply 1111/03/2012

Shorter Gay Tea Party Member message...

I can't even get laid in a back room at Log Cabin Party!

by Anonymousreply 1211/03/2012

Equal protection under the law for all is a high minded American principle embedded in our Constitution and is completely lost on bigoted, mindless partisan teabaggers like Doug.

by Anonymousreply 1311/03/2012

Dear Log Cabiners,

Even if you bash other gays and vote Republican, daddy STILL won't accept that you suck dick.

GIVE. IT. UP.

by Anonymousreply 1411/03/2012

If you don't want to marry someone of the same sex, don't. Just give others the freedom to do something that's right for them.

Why is this so hard for people to understand?

by Anonymousreply 1511/03/2012

Dear Doug, thank God the African American civil rights movement left house-niggers like you back in the 19th century.

You do not define yourself by your sexuality but your GOP Massas DO.

Now go make Miss Anne a proper pot of tea, bitch.

by Anonymousreply 1611/03/2012

damn

by Anonymousreply 1711/03/2012

He looks like my dear old aunt.

by Anonymousreply 1811/03/2012

Bus. Push. Solution.

by Anonymousreply 1911/03/2012

Bus. Back seat. Preferred position.

by Anonymousreply 2011/03/2012

Great. Agreed, and it can ALL work, as long as heterosexual married couples GIVE UP EVERY ONE of the 1,200+ "special rights" that come automatically with civil marriage!

by Anonymousreply 2111/03/2012

He and John Schlafly would make a cute couple.

by Anonymousreply 2211/03/2012

Clearly the issue is never going to affect [bold]him[/bold], because no self-respecting gay person would want to be married to him.

by Anonymousreply 2311/03/2012

[quote]Clearly the issue is never going to affect him, because no self-respecting gay person would want to be married to him.

Hold on here. We have no idea if he's rich and in poor health yet.

by Anonymousreply 2411/03/2012

Have we coined a new term then for gay morons?

by Anonymousreply 2511/03/2012

by Anonymousreply 2611/03/2012

While we are no longer allowed to marry non-jews, our vote will ensure that we won't go off the financial cliff that we are headed for.

And that is clearly much more important than something like this.

by Anonymousreply 2711/03/2012

Apparently.

by Anonymousreply 2811/03/2012

R26 tell us how you really feel

by Anonymousreply 2911/03/2012

What a moron. I'm so glad that he's convinced himself, because he hasn't convinced anyone with half a brain.

He can forge ahead with whatever new "traditions" that he wants to, but that is hardly the point of this fight. What the rest of us expect is equal rights and equal treatment under the law. Nothing more but certainly nothing less.

by Anonymousreply 3011/03/2012

by Anonymousreply 3111/03/2012

It's always the ugly ones.

Have you noticed?

by Anonymousreply 3211/04/2012

de

by Anonymousreply 3311/04/2012

by Anonymousreply 3411/04/2012

Dear OP,

Now that you have been fucked raw by the General Electorate, I want to tell you that there will be NO cash on the bureau, NO flowers and NO thank you.

You can clean up the bloody sheets yourself.

You deserved to take it dry.

by Anonymousreply 3511/07/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!