Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

So Whatcha Watching On Election Night?

Sorry, Mama don't have enough Nerve Pills watch the returns. They will all be trying to make it a horse race and my delicate constitution won't take it. I won't be able to sleep if the worst happens and anything great will be re-run all the next day. Can you imagine how horrifying viewing Fox News would be if Romney wins? Gonna rent "Magic Mike" Blu-ray and hope I don't wake up to the end of Freedom in America.

by Anonymousreply 5711/06/2012

I plan to watch "The Russians Are Coming! The Russians Are Coming!" and "With A Song In My Heart."

Wednesday morning, I'll check the news to see who won.

by Anonymousreply 111/01/2012

Or waking up a Constitutional Second Class Citizen.

by Anonymousreply 211/01/2012

Oh, I'll definitely be watching the news waiting for the results texting everyone, and making sure I tweet Obama's achievements on twitter. It'll be exciting!!

by Anonymousreply 311/01/2012

There's plenty of Prime-time left after the race is called for Obama at 8:05 p.m. EST.

by Anonymousreply 411/01/2012

But i'm not going to say for sure who I think will win. I just think it's bad luck.

by Anonymousreply 511/01/2012

Sorry. I have to keep vigil with Chris, Rev. Al, Big Ed, Rachel, and Larry. I know they will accurately reflect my emotions and my hopes and my passion.

I will not drive myself crazy listening to the slobs and poseurs ar CNN, nor will I allow myself to be frustrated by ABC. I may check CBS at some point.

I will say this. I really have decided that in this election cycle, after observing and listening to him feign competence, and he brings a whole lot of attitude, completely unjustified, I cannot stand Chuck Turd. He is a loser and he is a racist little piggie.

I cannot stand the Eminence Gris, that pompous ass, Tom Brokaw. I want to rejoice. I want to celebrate. No buzzkill, no one pissing in my cornflakes, no snide comments.

I don't want anyone spinning Romney. I like people like Joan Walsh who call Romney a liar. I know she & David Korn, and Chris Hayes, and a lot of cool people will be hanging out with all the Liberals @ MSNBC, and that's where I want to be.

by Anonymousreply 611/01/2012

I'm not watching but I'm taping the coverage so I can savor it later if Obama wins or delete it if he doesn't. But I'm going to be too stressed out to watch live.

by Anonymousreply 711/01/2012

What R6 said

by Anonymousreply 811/01/2012

Is there a possibility that the election won't be called on Tuesday?

Remember that in 2000 and 2004, everybody had to go to bed without knowing, because it was WAY too close to call in 2000, and "still" too close to call in 2004, so even in 2004 we didn't know the result until Wednesday.

I was happy that the outcome was so clear cut in 2008, and I'm hoping for the same this year. But with Diebold and the Republicans, anything can happen.

I honestly wouldn't mind watching FOX, just to see Republican heads EXPLODE if Obama wins again.

The most gratifying thing about Obama winning re-election (for me), would be the defeat of Citizens United.

It would prove that the American people will not be duped by Republican money and corporate smear campaigns, and that we are indeed smarter than the lies that Republicans can buy.

by Anonymousreply 911/01/2012

I'll be watching Ann collapse into heaving, red-faced sobs.

I'll take some pictures for all of you.

by Anonymousreply 1011/01/2012

Same r6, but I want all my geek nerds too, in this order:

Ezra Klein

Chris Hayes

Nate Silver

Steve Kornacki

Ari Melber

And lots of Thomas Roberts

by Anonymousreply 1111/01/2012

If Obama loses, better batten down the hatches.

by Anonymousreply 1211/01/2012

I will be working, and I don't have a TV, so watching nothing.

by Anonymousreply 1311/01/2012

[quote] I'll be watching Ann collapse into heaving, red-faced sobs.

Do you think that after Willard's concession speech, Ann will head home into the garden and have her "Mommie Dearest" moment??

Washington Royalty?? Wa-shing-ton rooooyallltyyyy??!!!! CONSUELA!!! Bring me the ax!!!!

by Anonymousreply 1411/01/2012

Honey if Obama loses I will be packing my bags and applying for citizennship elsewhere. That is a fact not wishful thinking. If we don't stop them now, we are lost. This is THE ONE. A Romney win is way more than some lame-assed Republican getting elected. Way more.

by Anonymousreply 1511/02/2012

But are you watching the returns?

by Anonymousreply 1611/03/2012

Can we all meet at R6's house?

by Anonymousreply 1711/03/2012

Going to R6's house, but I'll be checking my iPad to watch Freeport heads explode!

by Anonymousreply 1811/03/2012

I hope everyone here watches MSNBC so they can beat both CNN and Fox in the ratings, like they did during the Democratic convention.

by Anonymousreply 1911/03/2012

MSNBC live but will record CNN, as I appreciate John King's passion. He's the biggest election geek since the late Tim Russert. I love journalists so into seeing our democracy at work.

by Anonymousreply 2011/03/2012

I will be smoking copious amounts of pot, snacking and watching MSNBC with a couple of people.

I will also DVR Faux so that I can savor my schadenfreude later.

by Anonymousreply 2111/03/2012

I'll be on DataLounge trusting all of you to steer me from channel to channel to catch the highlights and post the most accurate information in the official thread.

by Anonymousreply 2211/03/2012

I'll check the election returns online. I can't bear all that network bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 2311/03/2012

MSNBC? What about Current TV, they will have on Al Gore live.

by Anonymousreply 2411/03/2012

I'll throw in a "Golden Girls" dvd and hug my Lhasa Apso.

by Anonymousreply 2511/03/2012

[R11] You made me salivate

by Anonymousreply 2611/03/2012

You spend meaningful nights like this with family, so I'll be watching MSNBC. I started this LONG journey with them, and I intend to finish it with them.

by Anonymousreply 2711/03/2012

Coming from Canada, I miss watching the US election live. Now that I'm in the UK, I will be asleep. :(

by Anonymousreply 2811/03/2012

I want to see Rachel Maddow weep bitter tears when Ohio and Florida are called for Obama in spite of her CONSTANT ginning up outrage over their being "stolen" in advance.

by Anonymousreply 2911/03/2012

I will avoid blogs and TV Tuesday evening; Wednesday morning will be just like Christmas!

by Anonymousreply 3011/03/2012

I'll probably be watching DL, because it'll be in primetime, and I won't be able to post.

by Anonymousreply 3111/03/2012

I'm switching between MSNBC and CNN because I would like to see the Romney pushers on CNN having to suffer and having everything they said against Obama and what they thought voters felt about him blow up in their faces.

by Anonymousreply 3211/03/2012

r29, she also thinks Rethug Secretary of State Scott Gessler is going to steal Colorado. Not going to happen. Too many Dems in high positions here. I like Rachel; she's very smart. But she's a bit over the top quite often.

by Anonymousreply 3311/03/2012

Same as r22.

You bitches call it better than anyone. Why would I go anywhere else?

by Anonymousreply 3411/03/2012

I will be onstage in a review of "patriotic" material - but it'll be over before the polls close here - so I can go home - flip on Rachel and surf DL with yallz and live blog for my friends who are squeemish and have to cover their eyes. I live blogged the debates so my BFF wouldn't have a coronary. I wan to share the moment with Poll Troll and Dr. Fong.

by Anonymousreply 3511/03/2012

Now it's just too nerve wracking coming here with all the Romney's really winning, and so and so is stealing the election let alone election night. My nerves are frayed.

by Anonymousreply 3611/04/2012

Shocking that only one person so far has mentioned being with friends or family.

Well, I guess common sense should have gotten me to that conclusion before this thread given the personalities of some of the posters here.

by Anonymousreply 3711/04/2012

Fuck that, R37. This is a solitary sport. I have zero interest in sitting with a group of people for hours while the results come in.

Once it's a done deal, sure. Until then I want to be able to tune in and (more importantly) tune out 60 times an hour. I want to be able to peek at the screen with the volume off. I want to be able to switch to TCM when I get frustrated.

by Anonymousreply 3811/04/2012

Even this two days prior coverage is putting me on edge! Anyone else feel the same way?

by Anonymousreply 3911/04/2012

Why would I be with my family on election night, r37? My bro is a rethug and my mom hates the coverage.

If I want to hear or watch anything besides faux, I'll have to do it here.

Besides, the running commentary here is, by FAR, the best and most entertaining on the interwebs.

by Anonymousreply 4011/04/2012

I'm not on edge. I'm simply not listening to the news. It's so easy to listen to music or watch a movie or sitcomes from the 80s and 90s.

Will tuning in to the news ensure that Obama will win?

by Anonymousreply 4111/04/2012

I've already planning on going in late to work on Wednesday.

I think I'll go to the gym and then come home about 8:00 p.m. and sip wine and watch old movies on youtube. I'll check DL periodically/compulsively until I feel (I hope) it's safe to turn on the TV.

by Anonymousreply 4211/04/2012

I'll be watching my glass of Pouilly-Fuisse disappear. While a Mormon loses.

by Anonymousreply 4311/04/2012

I'm watching the returns in a bar with my partner and my best friend. We're in SF, so the drinking will begin around 4:00, when the first polls close. I watched the 2008 returns in a bar wi the same best friend, and both he and I cried.

by Anonymousreply 4411/04/2012

Night before the Apocalypse bump

by Anonymousreply 4511/05/2012

I watch PBS on election night. It's the only source I trust.

by Anonymousreply 4611/05/2012

Hoping to catch MSNBC.

Those of you without the nerves should keep to Comedy Central.

by Anonymousreply 4711/06/2012

A couple of friends are running for local office, so we're having a congratulations-or-consolation party. Probably around 8 folks. We'll watch the returns until 11 and then switch over to Comedy Central.

Booze, coffee, tea, wings, popcorn, hummus and veggies.

by Anonymousreply 4811/06/2012

So when are we going to start getting some numbers trickling in? Who is gonna start the official thread? I think it should be the Poll Troll.

I want a running commentary, with state by state gloating.

Thank you.

by Anonymousreply 4911/06/2012

PBS after 9 EST. They are likely to be the least histrionic.

by Anonymousreply 5011/06/2012

Even though I can't watch, you guys should try Current TV. Al Gore's channel. He'll be live and if Fox or anyone tries any bullshit they will be on it.

by Anonymousreply 5111/06/2012

I'd rather be here with you, than anywhere else in the world!

by Anonymousreply 5211/06/2012

If the worst happens, I'll be drinking but seriously, the vote will be coming in so late...noone will know anything before midnight.

by Anonymousreply 5311/06/2012

I was hoping for Netflix but I don't think my mail came.

by Anonymousreply 5411/06/2012

I'm scaaaaaaared.

by Anonymousreply 5511/06/2012

Candy Crowley got her nails done and her hair did for tonight! Check out that weave!

by Anonymousreply 5611/06/2012

Watched Magic Mike last night OP. Lots of eye candy but frankly a stupid movie. Hope you find something more worthwhile to watch, perhaps Mommie Dearest!

by Anonymousreply 5711/06/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!