Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Jenna Wolfe ***DEMOTED*** on NBC Sunday Today to be replaced by Erica Hill

I know there is a thread on this, but this is a better subject title.

After being fired herself, Erica Hill went around shopping for a new job at the various networks.

She found an opening at Weekend Today when Amy Robach left for ABC.

But the Saturday shift wasn't enough for her. She wanted Saturday AND Sunday (which was being held by Jenna Wolfe)

So Jenna got demoted to newsreader on weekends, and now Erica Hill will be weekend co-host on both Saturday AND Sunday.

Sound fair?

by Anonymousreply 50408/22/2015

Constantly? R17, who else did Erica demote?

by Anonymousreply 1911/01/2012

If Erica does not bring the ratings, maybe she will be shown the door, too!

by Anonymousreply 2111/01/2012

The handful of times that I've watched Jenna, she comes off as incredibly obnoxious. Whether she acts like that off air, I have no idea.

by Anonymousreply 2511/01/2012

to be fucked by Tiki YUMMY

by Anonymousreply 2611/01/2012

Erica looks beautiful here

by Anonymousreply 2911/01/2012

...and Gayle fell asleep!

by Anonymousreply 3011/01/2012

Erica with Kristin Chenowith about the Tony awards.

by Anonymousreply 3111/01/2012

Get to know Erica Hill

by Anonymousreply 3211/01/2012

Norah has really improved the CBS morning show. It was the right decision to get rid of Erica.

Weekend Today is now going to suffer!

by Anonymousreply 3311/01/2012

I was hoping they'd bring that nice Ann Curry in to read the news on the weekend.

by Anonymousreply 3411/01/2012

[quote]Norah has really improved the CBS morning show. It was the right decision to get rid of Erica.

Erica Hill wasn't what was wrong with that show -- it was (& is) Gayle King. CBS got rid of the wrong person.

by Anonymousreply 3511/01/2012

How can Jenna sit there and read the news? How can she stand such a slap in the face. This is like having your husband bringing his mistress to be the lady of the house while you become the maid!

by Anonymousreply 3611/01/2012

R36 - Erica jumped when that happened to her.

by Anonymousreply 3811/01/2012

[quote] This is like having your husband bringing his mistress to be the lady of the house while you become the maid!

A situation Jenna cannot relate to, no way, no how.

Jenna was on thin ice ever since her involvement in the Heidi Jones scandal - NBC was looking for a way to get rid of her, but her contract was too good and right after the Ann Curry debacle they didn't want the bad publicity, so she got demoted instead.

by Anonymousreply 3911/02/2012

I could never figure out how Jenna Wolfe even became an anchor on Weekend Today. Granted, it's the weekend, but it's still high profile.

But nonetheless, to go from anchor to news reader is rather humiliating. I'm sure some part of her is happy to still be employed, but this must be embarrassing for her. I kind of feel badly for her even though I wasn't all that crazy about her.

But I don't watch Today anymore since they treated Ann Curry like shit. I liked her, and I can't stand Matt Lauer any longer.

by Anonymousreply 4111/02/2012

r39,

The Heidi Jone story happened like 3 years ago! If Weekend Today wants to take action, they would have done it then.

Plus, in the mainstream media, nobody linked Heidi to Jenna. While Jenna is lesbian, nobody knows for sure if she was linked to Heidi.

by Anonymousreply 4211/02/2012

Believe it or not,Jenna was born in 1974. I thought she was much younger.

by Anonymousreply 4311/02/2012

Born in 1974? That's young!

Most DL posters are born in 1954!

by Anonymousreply 4411/02/2012

R44 - The point is that Jenna is younger than Erica.

by Anonymousreply 4511/02/2012

I couldn't stand Jenna Wolfe. She was a one person "Self Promoter" who thought it was all about her. How many more times were we going to see that she had a 5 second acting bit on Law and Order? My God! She was soooo obnoxious and in love with herself and those dresses she wore to show off her "Guns" were ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 4711/02/2012

Erica Hill just appeared on the Today Show this morning to be warmly welcomed into the Today Show Family.

by Anonymousreply 4911/02/2012

Jenna is winning the poll

by Anonymousreply 5011/02/2012

I LOATHE JENNA WOLFE. She's such a bad match with Lester. ANYONE would be better.

I'm happy.

by Anonymousreply 5111/02/2012

R51 Jenna is walking around with a knife in her back.

by Anonymousreply 5211/02/2012

"I could never figure out how Jenna Wolfe even became an anchor on Weekend Today."

I'm guessing NBC was going for the youth market with teeniebopper-like Jenna along side old man Lester. Too bad Jenna has femmed herself up and got boob implants and everything for the job.

R15, do you know anything about getting a job? It's not high school, it's getting a better job. Fuck who bumped her at CBS, she should take what she can get and it has nothing to do with being a "bitch." If Erica hadn't taken the job, somebody else would have gotten it.

by Anonymousreply 5311/02/2012

R53 So what you are saying is that since Erica got stabbed in the back, it is okay for her to back stab someone else.

An eye for an eye?

by Anonymousreply 5411/02/2012

What is Jenna's link to the Heidi Jones scandal? Someone care to give a quick summary?

by Anonymousreply 5511/02/2012

R54, how old are you, 14?

NBC HIRED Erica. Erica didn't demote Jenna, NBC did. If you got fired and had the opportunity to say yes to a job offer in which the previous person had been fired, would you say 'no' because it was backstabbing? Do you know nothing of the real world outside of old daytime soap operas?

by Anonymousreply 5611/02/2012

R53

"I'm guessing NBC was going for the youth market with teeniebopper-like Jenna along side old man Lester. "

Jenna is 38.

by Anonymousreply 5811/02/2012

r55,

Heidi is the weather person at ABC local. She lost her job after making up a story that she was sexually assaulted. Supposedly, she made up the story because she broke up with someone and lost her mind. The person she supposedly broke up with was believed to be Jenna Wolfe.

by Anonymousreply 6111/02/2012

R62 read R22

by Anonymousreply 6311/02/2012

It's a tough business, I'm sure there's backstabbing all around including with Jenna.

by Anonymousreply 6411/02/2012

and now you can add the name of Jenna Wolfe to the list of people Erica stabbed in the back

by Anonymousreply 6511/02/2012

R63 - Links for those?

by Anonymousreply 6611/02/2012

True but with Erica she is leaving her fingerprints on the knife she is using to stab people in the back.

Usually people are more subtle.

by Anonymousreply 6711/02/2012

If I were Jenna, I would burst out crying every time I had to read the news while Erica is sitting pretty on the couch!

by Anonymousreply 6811/02/2012

How is it "backstabbing" to compete with someone for a job?

I've always understood "backstabbing" to mean unethical conduct -- like some kind of cheating, lying about another candidate, sleeping your way into the job, blackmail, etc.

I've never heard any suggestion that Erica Hill was unethical. In fact, I've always heard that she was well liked & respected by the people she worked with.

by Anonymousreply 6911/02/2012

Erica has a trail of bodies she has left behind in her wake of climbing to the top.

Russ Mitchell, Maggie Rodriguez, Betty Ngyuen and now Jenna Wolfe.

by Anonymousreply 7011/02/2012

Is there any evidence that she did anything unethical?

by Anonymousreply 7111/02/2012

The trail of backstabbed bodies speak for themselves.

by Anonymousreply 7211/02/2012

R72 - No they don't. Erica may be a tough competitor, but that doesn't make her unethical.

by Anonymousreply 7311/02/2012

R73 if you were Jenna, how would you feel? Working alongside Erica, in a demoted job?

by Anonymousreply 7411/02/2012

R74 - I'd be pissed, but really those are the breaks. It's a very competitive situation. And recall that the same thing just happened to Erica.

by Anonymousreply 7511/02/2012

Then Erica should be sympathetic to Jenna's situation, instead of trying to throw her under the bus.

by Anonymousreply 7611/02/2012

What is remarkable is how Erica keeps getting hired by network after network after network, even after being fired.

by Anonymousreply 7711/02/2012

R76 - Erica is playing by the norms of the industry.

by Anonymousreply 7811/02/2012

and the trail of bodies she leaves behind. Something just doesn't seem right. Which is why I assume there must be some sort of backstabbing going on.

by Anonymousreply 7911/02/2012

A couple of weeks ago when it was first announced that Erica would anchor Weekend Today--it was for Saturday 'Today' only and that Jenna would anchor Sunday 'Today.'

That was the anouncement--the weekend anchor duties would be split between Erica (Sat) and Jenna (Sun). What happened in the past two weeks to change this original announcement?

by Anonymousreply 8111/03/2012

They realized that Jenna was not clicking with audiences - Erica has not had a successful show, but she does connect with people.

by Anonymousreply 8211/03/2012

Oh, my. Jenna really stumbled through the news...the teleprompter is NOT her friend!

by Anonymousreply 8311/03/2012

Show is on now, Erica making her big debut. Jenna doesn't seem to happy. There is a certain click in Jenna's voice when she says 'now back to ERICA'

by Anonymousreply 8411/03/2012

Jenna is a polarizing figure, so no one expected her to last long in the role. Many viewers seem to find her incredibly annoying.

by Anonymousreply 8511/03/2012

This might be one of the reasons for the demotion.

‘Good Morning America’ Snags First Weekend Win

As ABC’s “Good Morning America” widens the lead over NBC’s “Today,” the show celebrates a new milestone. Last weekend, for the first time since the show expanded to include both weekend days in 2004, both the Saturday and Sunday editions of “GMA” beat the corresponding editions of “Today.”

“GMA” topped “Today” on Saturday and Sunday in both ratings measurements, coming in first on Saturday and second, behind ratings stalwart “CBS Sunday Morning,” on Sunday. On Saturday, “GMA” won by +300,000 Total Viewers and +100,000 A25-54 viewers. On Sunday, during “Today’”s celebration of the weekend show’s 25th anniversary, “GMA” won by +140,000 Total Viewers and +38,000 A25-54 viewers.

“We have a small, scrappy, happy team and it’s nice to do well,” weekend “GMA” anchor Dan Harris told TVNewser this week. “We definitely respect our competitors and don’t take anything for granted.”

by Anonymousreply 8611/03/2012

I think it is a disgrace that Jenna was demoted, she did a great job. She has such a quirky sense of humor, and it will be missed. I guess that the weekend today shows will no longer be on my must see list.

by Anonymousreply 8811/03/2012

How did Erica do?

by Anonymousreply 8911/03/2012

Jenna Wolfe was so refreshing as a co host, we are back to boring again. Who is making these terrible decisions

by Anonymousreply 9011/03/2012

I had this on in the background a couple weeks ago and she was even screechier than usual. I actually winced a couple times because I got too close to the TV. Her voice is not just loud, but unpleasant sounding, no nuance- just full-on bray all the time.

She should just do a Maury Povich-style show about baby daddies and stuff- and get off the cereal circuit.

by Anonymousreply 9111/03/2012

Erica welcomed by the Today crew.

by Anonymousreply 9211/03/2012

Why would they want Jenna to quit? She is great and has chemistry with Lester..As for Guthrie it looks like her jokes about Matt's age is getting old. Think Natalie should have been in that seat.

by Anonymousreply 9311/03/2012

Jenna's is loud and way to sarcastic---does not come across as a likeable person. I found her very irritating.

by Anonymousreply 9511/03/2012

Is Jenna Wolfe half black?

by Anonymousreply 9611/03/2012

Is she a lesbian, as in out lesbian?

by Anonymousreply 9711/03/2012

What a shame! I love Jenna Wolfe and am very disappointed at the change. I am glad my employer is not NBC!!

by Anonymousreply 9811/03/2012

man what a bunch of strong opinions! i think jenna is a lot of fun. very different and entertaining. i am not (intimidated by her at all people!). not the beauty queen but don't you have enuf of them on TV? again erica hill boring pixie.

by Anonymousreply 9911/03/2012

About time they added a woman to the co-anchor seat next to Lester. The arrogant, self obsessed, loudmouth transvestite who has been sitting next to him for the past year was terrible!

by Anonymousreply 10011/03/2012

Erica Hill is a boring pixie.

by Anonymousreply 10111/03/2012

R101 = Erica is not boring. And I don't see how pixie could be applied to her.

by Anonymousreply 10211/03/2012

R100, do you think Jenna is hung? Like Bea Arthur hung?

by Anonymousreply 10311/03/2012

What's with NBC humiliating the female anchors on national television. Yes, it's a business, but Jenna doesn't deserve this, and I'm not a big fan.

But I haven't watched NBC since they humiliated Ann Curry and gave her four minutes to say goodbye after having been with 'Today' for 15 years. Get rid of Matt Lauer and you'll solve many of the problems.

by Anonymousreply 10411/03/2012

Here's a photo of Jenna with her partner, photographer Jamie Davidson.

They're seen together often on the NY social scene.

Jenna was born in Haiti and in 2010 went back there after the earthquake to see the devastation - Jamie went along as her "official" photographer and the results were a week-long series on TODAY.

by Anonymousreply 10511/03/2012

anybody notice on saturday how much tension there was coming from jenna's face? you could tell that she was very upset and angry in her body language and her real lack of enthusiam for whatever they were saying.

by Anonymousreply 10611/04/2012

I always felt sorry for Lester because he had to work with Jenna. Besides her constant me me me crap and her awful wardrobe, her mouth was ugly to see moving all morning.

by Anonymousreply 10811/04/2012

Jenna just seems sad today...Erica is much smoother.

by Anonymousreply 10911/04/2012

Unfair to Jenna who has put in her time and is good

by Anonymousreply 11011/04/2012

This is the final straw for me. I am done watching The Today Show. The only thing that kept me going back was Jenna and Lester. You really screwed up with Erica. You did not learn from Ann C. There should be a mass shake up off screen with casting.

Sorry Jenna! You do not deserve this.

by Anonymousreply 11111/04/2012

I think Jana and Lester made the weekend show. They were great together. It's a shame what the Today show did. It make me want to watch Good Morning America.

by Anonymousreply 11211/04/2012

I really enjoyed Jenna Wolf..and am very disappointed she was replaced as one of the weekend anchors....she "earned" her anchor spot......she is quirky, up for any challenge and I understand NBC is scrambling to get ratings back, but seriusly, with what they did with Ann Curry...you would think they would thin twice about removing/demoting a likable, fun anchor. Extremely disappointed NBC the way you throw away people.

by Anonymousreply 11311/04/2012

I could live with that bitch Erica, but WHAT a CUNT that Jana is!

by Anonymousreply 11411/04/2012

First its Ann now itsd Jenna..what is up with NBC? I loved Lester Jenna on Sundays...Wonder why Erica got fired from CBS. I am moving on to ABC

by Anonymousreply 11511/04/2012

Jenna was not a "robot" on the show and brought much needed humor as you were never sure what she would say. I enjoyed this aspect of the show.

by Anonymousreply 11611/04/2012

The problem could have easily been solved if they kept Jenna on Sundays, and gave Erica the Sat shift.

This just sets up way too much tension.

by Anonymousreply 11711/04/2012

well still can't figure out why people are so intimidated by Jenna? no every woman has to look & act like the twits on GMA.

by Anonymousreply 12011/04/2012

If Robin Roberts can make it in AM TV, why not Jenna?

by Anonymousreply 12111/04/2012

For me, it was just Jenna's personality. A visceral reaction. If others really liked her style, fine. She was too strident for me. Too competitive. Too "butchy yet femmy" in the way so many college dykes were. She is Peppermint Patty. ("Hi, Chuck.") Robin Roberts got on my last nerve, too, for different reasons but I hate even saying that knowing what she has been through. Hope she is getting completely well so she can be back on the air annoying me some more. I am a GMA watcher. Cute little closeted George (I just want to pinch his hiney) and "on air boyfriends" Sam and Josh. LOL

by Anonymousreply 12211/04/2012

JEANNA IS A LESBIAN?

by Anonymousreply 12311/04/2012

NBC you did it again- you threw Jenna Wolfe under the bus, just as I started watching your weekend show again. I stopped when you threw Ann Curry out. Erica Hill Is very boring and fake. But I will now only watch GMA. Your station needs Management Training, people have feelings, and who cares what erica did when she was kid geez.

by Anonymousreply 12411/04/2012

I enjoyed Jenna very much.She was a wonderful co host.So is Erica that wonderful?Please!I am so upset with the DEMOTION of Jenna I am going to Good Morning America. I'm sure some one on Today will read this and that's as far as it goes. sincerely, and not happy

by Anonymousreply 12511/11/2012

Erica Hill is really boring!

by Anonymousreply 12611/11/2012

I love Jenna, her humor, her back story is interesting and unique.She is clever and actually has a personality. Her exploit for the show are awesome. As Michael Phelps would say, she is a STUD. Now replaced with a pleasant enough person in all respects but a polished, unwavering, reliable CLONE

by Anonymousreply 12711/11/2012

Jenna inserted herself into every story she covered. The girl just couldn't stop talking about herself. I had no clue she was a lesbian, but she was certainly an egomaniac.

by Anonymousreply 12811/11/2012

I totally enjoyed Jenna Wolfe and her interaction with Lester. There special segments together were GREAT. All the busses must be running very late in NY with all the bodies they have to negotiate!! Business everywhere do what NBC has done with Ann and Jenna. Been there and done that. Jenna is fortunate (not) to have a job at all. Don’t mis-read that...I really liked her on the show and I am glad she has the GUTS to stay. Maybe in time, NBC will realize she is the better person for the position. As far as Jenna’s physic ..... I find her HOT regardless of her sexual orientation. But this isn’t about that. Jenna did a good job, and that is only my opinion and as I just scanned the 100+ comments; there are a lot of opinions out there to the contrary. Just remember, she is a human being, and like YOU, not everybody likes everybody. Life’s a bitch and then reality sets in!!!

by Anonymousreply 12911/11/2012

a little off the subject. I would so do Lester Holt. He looks hot in gym clothes. He is fit and trim and manly............

by Anonymousreply 13011/11/2012

It took a while for Jenna to grow on me but she has high energy and is a happy and good reporter.

Never heard of this Erica person and she does nothing for me.

by Anonymousreply 13111/11/2012

Is anybody competent in charge of "Today" at NBC? First the Ann Curry firestorm and now this. They are draining the franchise of any talent. I bet you they eventually fall to 3rd place with all of this nonsense until they make the required major changes most people want.

by Anonymousreply 13211/11/2012

Jenna has a dynamic personality. I thoroughly enjoyed watching her on the weekends. I guess for some reason it was thought she wasn't doing her job well. On the contrary I thought after Amy left that it was a hard act to follow. Jenna was a very skillful correspondent as well as anchor and filled Amy's spot perfectly. I know business is business but I am a person who loyally watched Amy and Lester and then enjoyed Jenna and Lester. I will not be watching this weekend show anymore as it isn't business with me it's about people.

by Anonymousreply 13311/11/2012

I have a great idea. Why not have a weekend segment on one of the other stations with Jenna, Amy, Ann and Lester. I bet there would be alot of followers. Many viewers felt the stinging loss of Ann and now feel Jenna has unfairly been kicked down too. While Erica was apparently unjustly squashed too, I'm sorry I can't get use to her. Come on bigwigs pick up the slack here. Listen to what the people want. While those in charge thought they could do whatever to their viewers, the joke is on them as every day now I will be watching another station. Sorry Ann was too much but now Jenna?

by Anonymousreply 13411/11/2012

l hate seeing jenna look like she lost her bff. jenna is great at her job. I can't seem to watch the the weekend show anymore. erica looks older and not as sexy as jenna. as for lester, he should of steped up to the plate and backup his partner.

by Anonymousreply 13511/11/2012

R135 - Jenna is actually older than Erica.

by Anonymousreply 13611/11/2012

Erica you were just kicked to the curb by cbs replacing you abruptly then you turn around and do it to someone else. I can't watch the today show aymore if I have to watch you.

by Anonymousreply 13711/11/2012

I've always enjoyed Jenna and think she her personality and energy brings a lot to the show so I was ver disappointed to see this change.

by Anonymousreply 13811/12/2012

I suspect that Lester had something to do with Jenna's demotion. He may not have beebn comfortable with her competitive, agressive, in-your-face style.

by Anonymousreply 13911/12/2012

Jenna is like a B movie

by Anonymousreply 14011/12/2012

Jenna has many talents and just needs to find a niche that lets her do her thing. I read on another thread that there isn't anyone on here that was around in the 70's so you may not know about Linda Ellerbee and her early career. She was quirky and unique. I am so sick of barbie dolls and kens reading something written for them.

by Anonymousreply 14211/12/2012

It will be such a loss to the show to have Erica Hill, so stiff. Jenna Wolfe is so real. So entertaining. How can this happen

by Anonymousreply 14411/12/2012

I wish they would take annoying Jenna OFF the show entirely. Until they do, I'll be watching HGTV.

by Anonymousreply 14511/12/2012

Erica must be better on her knees.

by Anonymousreply 14611/12/2012

Jenna doesn't suck cock - she's a lesbian.

Erica, OTOH, loves to cockgobble - she even tried to deep throat Anderson Cooper back when she did the news updates on 360.

by Anonymousreply 14711/12/2012

After watching Erica for the last two weeks, I now think I actually prefer Jenna. Erica is smooth and professional, but too "cookie-cutter" morning anchor -something others actually do better than her. I think I actually preferred Jenna's story chewing.

by Anonymousreply 14811/12/2012

Well. It's back to the drawing board. Who should we kick down now? Hmmmmm....The next anchor will be perfect. So, Erica maybe you shouldn't unpack your bags just yet. We thought Jenna was great to watch. She was energetic and original. We are tired of the same old cookie cutter mold . But lo and behold now we have a new one. Oh well all it takes is a little click click of the old remote........

by Anonymousreply 14911/14/2012

I hope she gets taken off the air. It is so nausiating to watch her on television. She is so FULL of herself. I'm sure almost anyone would do a better job than her.

by Anonymousreply 15011/15/2012

Thank God, im tired of jenna and her man arms dominating the weekend. nothing could make me change the channel quicker than jenna wolfe. here constant lets work out just got old quick.

by Anonymousreply 15111/17/2012

Miss Jenna's enthusiasm and rapport with Lester. Want her back. Will stop watching Sunday today. Been watching since inception. Love u Jenna

by Anonymousreply 15211/17/2012

Jenna is the heart of that show. I guess we all try another network.

by Anonymousreply 15311/17/2012

I Missed Jenna, she funny, doing petty dam good job when she with Lester. I wish the station think before offer that bitch Erica Jenna Job.

by Anonymousreply 15411/18/2012

First Ann now Jenna, what else going to happen next. Shutt the net work down noone will watch NBC any more if they keep demote the great people.I'll never watched NBC again.....

by Anonymousreply 15511/18/2012

After what they did to Ann Curry no one should be surprised what happens to any woman on the Today staff. Ladies if you're not a pretty perky white girl with virtually no personality watch your back.

by Anonymousreply 15611/18/2012

I can't believe NBC would lower themselves to let a woman come in and tell them what SHE wanted and have them fall for it Just like Petraus he/they failed, Jenna is good at what she does, NBC you just messed up.

by Anonymousreply 15711/18/2012

I have watched the Today Show 7 days a week for years. I have NEVER liked Jenna Wolfe...her voice is like nails on a chalkboard, her jokes aren't funny & she acts obnoxious...just gratingly annoying. Perhaps she is nice off air but I don't like watching her and clearly I'm not the only one since she was demoted. She should use this experience to closely examine what she needs to improve on to improve her likeability factor!

by Anonymousreply 15811/18/2012

I love Jenna's energy and willingness to try new things to keep the show interesting! I give her lots of credit for staying with the show that disrespected her so much.She is showing that she isn't broken by a ruthless network. I watch lots of news shows and she is my favorite personality-fresh and different. As a person approaching senior citizen status, I have been disgusted by all the networks throwing anyone over 40 out and feel bad that Jenna got similar treatment. She was wronged and hopefully will have her moment someday soon-maybe when Erica Hill has exhausted all the networks.I think she hit her stride on Anderson Cooper's 360.

by Anonymousreply 15911/18/2012

Even with her "demotion," Jenna is actually seen MORE every weekend. She was never part of the longer Saturday show and IS now.

by Anonymousreply 16011/18/2012

Erica Hill, was boring on CBS, and continues to be lackluster on NBC. So, what does NBC do now with yet again another blunder? Live with it til contract renewal.

by Anonymousreply 16111/18/2012

Actually, R161, they will fire Savannah by spring and promote Erica to weekdays. Naturally, NBC will be scratching their heads a year from now when local public access channel morning shows are beating them in the ratings.

by Anonymousreply 16211/18/2012

Again this morning, Jenna still seemed uncomfortable with the new arrangement. She now seems to be trying too hard to be funny and to make her presence known.

by Anonymousreply 16311/18/2012

No, it's not fair! I thinks she does an awesome job, and I want her back where she belongs!!!

by Anonymousreply 16411/19/2012

Jenna Wolfe was one of the reasons I watched the weekend today show. Also Ann Curry should have never been replaced. What are you people doing? Are you all about the bigger bottom line?

by Anonymousreply 16511/21/2012

There was nothing wrong with Jenna, she brought a lot of personality to that position and her sexuality has NOTHING TO DO WITH IT.......LOOK AT SAM CHAMPION ON ABC GOOD MORNING AMERICA, LOOK AT ROBIN ROBERTS, ABC GOOD MORNING AMERICA AND SUE SIMMONS FROM NBC LIVE AT 5 AND THE NEWS CASTS.....PLEASE COME UP WITH SOMETHING ELSE........ I MISS JENNA, AND I DON'T CARE FOR THE NEW ONE......I HOPE JENNA LEAVES LIKE AMY DID AND SHE LANDS ON HER FEET WITH A NETWORK THAT WILL APPRECIATE HER.

YOU ROCK JENNA.......

by Anonymousreply 16611/21/2012

We saw Jenna segments over the weekend and seems like I have seen several this week on the Today show. I wonder if they are not transitioning her into a new role. There is certainly a place for a correspondent like Jenna

by Anonymousreply 16711/21/2012

They need to get Jenna off the show permanently. She's still annoying as the newsreader.

by Anonymousreply 16811/21/2012

Jenna got a spanking for her behavior during Erica's first show.

by Anonymousreply 16911/24/2012

The most down to earth woman, you deserve better. The good ones always gets away! There LOSS I and my husband which you the best. K&S HANSON DAV,IA

by Anonymousreply 17111/24/2012

OH MY GOD SHES GAY! I Still love you! Tell them to KISS YOUR ASS!

by Anonymousreply 17211/24/2012

Big mistake NBC you hire bitches the next thing you know there running the whole show. This bitch will have Lester gone before you know it. At least Jenna was somewhat funny this new hire is nasty. Erica seems like a camera hog if you notice her eyes she's always looking for a camera that's on. All I can end with is thank god for other channels !!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 17311/25/2012

Well, well, well. Look in that business everyone is trying to get ahead apparently any way they can. I don't dislike Erica but think next to Jenna she is lifeless. Look everyone has their tastes. I prefer a personality that is full of life rather than someone who is safe but unmoving.

by Anonymousreply 17411/28/2012

I always loved Jenna, I also was sad to hear she's GAY. I thought she was doing a great job as co-host. I stopped watching the show as well.

by Anonymousreply 17512/01/2012

NBC doesn't know talent. Jenna Wolfe has a ton of personality. I was surprised she wasn't the one who replaced Ann Curry. The other women are easily forgettable.

NBC Today show deserves to not be watched. ABC knows talent. NBC doesn't. Goodbye Today show.

Good luck Jenna. You have the "it" factor.

by Anonymousreply 17612/01/2012

At least Jenna was interesting and different. Erica is boring!! And she really is not very good looking.

by Anonymousreply 17812/02/2012

NBC's hiring and firing practices are the real issue; about every ten years NBC IS THE NEWS. NBC's management style and employment processes need to be addressed. I was not a big fan of Jenna's; she is loud, winy, and obnoxious; but she did not deserve to be publicly humiliated by some old chick from CBX that cannot seem to connect with her audience.

1. I recall Deborah Norville was being harassed after replacing Jane Pauley; NBC did not come to her defense, which they should have. 2. Anne Curry fired and replaced by some non-American that kisses up to Matt, with a face like a horse. Matt with his ego, veto power and big bucks need to go next. 3. They let Natalie Morales go. If they wanted to replace Jenna, they should have given it to Natalie, she was on the NBC clock and we know her and her face.

These are my opinions and observations, and I hope Anne and Jenna are suing and force the discrimination that goes on at NBC to stop.

by Anonymousreply 17912/02/2012

How are the ratings?

Did Erica bring the ratings?

If Jenna cannot swallow being kicked to the side on her own show, will she leave? Can she leave if she still have time on her contract?

by Anonymousreply 18112/02/2012

YES! JENNA LEAVES! I can't wait.

by Anonymousreply 18212/02/2012

Jenna was obnoxious and should never be an anchor. Every week she tried to belittle Lester Holt. She even tried this morning from her weakened news reader chair, trying to force Lester to admit he read 50 Shades of Gray. Let it go girl.

by Anonymousreply 18312/08/2012

No inside scoop...

by Anonymousreply 18412/08/2012

I didn't have a clue Jenna was gay, but, I couldn't stand to watch her downgrade her coanchor......as far as Ann Curry goes she never impressed me with that phony low voice....I always was afraid she was going to burst into tears...got tireing.

by Anonymousreply 18512/08/2012

[quote]Big mistake NBC you hire bitches the next thing you know there running the whole show.

Except for changing "there" to "they're," that's certainly true of Matt Lauer. It was also true about Bryant Gumbel back in the day, and probably other male anchors on Today who were more subtle than those two.

Bryant Gumbel was OCD and he couldn't stand that Jane Pauley's desk drawer wasn't neat and organized to suit him. He was a jerk.

by Anonymousreply 18612/08/2012

No inside scoop...NBC has an ensuing deficiency...lacking Morals...read between the lines

by Anonymousreply 18712/08/2012

As if to bait the veiwers to watch even more, they have changed the seating arrangements on Weekend Today.

They now have Jenna sitting next to Erica in the opening and when she does the news.

by Anonymousreply 18812/08/2012

Gayle, I am NOT missing from the show.

by Anonymousreply 18912/08/2012

No more inviting Jenna and Lester in our home for coffee with us in the moring! How sad. Did any of the executives think you were actually taking away a simple relaxing, enjoyment? I know there are many like us. NBC --- see ya. I am angry you so flippantly think we don't matter. Well, now you don't matter. Hello CBS......

by Anonymousreply 19012/08/2012

I WANT TO FUCK LESTER

by Anonymousreply 19112/08/2012

They need to get her off the news desk now too. Can't stand Jenna.

by Anonymousreply 19212/09/2012

[R191] Me to, saw a segment where he was in work out clothes, he is fit for sure.

by Anonymousreply 19312/09/2012

I think the stories segments she does are some of the best on televison

by Anonymousreply 19412/09/2012

I've noticed that they have been moving the news readers (Natalie and Jenna) closer to the "big table" during the past couple of weeks.

by Anonymousreply 19512/09/2012

Lester looks ill and has for a while. Hope he's OK.

His son is a newscaster in Chicago and is hot as hell. They had him on the show recently.

Agree that Jenna Wolfe would cut him down constantly and almost vindictively on air, and not only did she deserve to be demoted, she should be run out of town. I foresee her being the sportscaster in a lower-mid-tier market like San Diego or Charlotte.

Pic of Lester's hawt son:

by Anonymousreply 19612/09/2012

Erica Hill comes off as a cold, humorless bitch.

And all the Botox and plastic surgery she's had makes her look ten years older than she actually is. She's only 36!

by Anonymousreply 19712/09/2012

Just a play on Moral words. Typo, its this ipad, should say, Natalie IS on NBC, we know her and...... hieroglyphics on the wall

by Anonymousreply 19812/11/2012

Let's face it, women of color no longer have a place on the Today Show. Ann Curry, now Jenna...it is a change that speaks directly about the show's attitude toward inclusion. Sure Jenna (and Ann) had different styles. Instead of giving the viewers a chance to appreciate these differences, the Today Show's producers have made it clear that they like a more homogeneous approach to their Anchor Teams. Don't get me wrong, Lester Holt does appear to be one on the hardest working news guys on television...however, an exception does not a rule make.

by Anonymousreply 19912/16/2012

What is Jenna Wolfe's ethnic background? Her bio says she was born in Jamaica.

by Anonymousreply 20012/16/2012

To me Jenna is just down right nerve racking Yeah Erica .....you rock

by Anonymousreply 20212/22/2012

I LOVE JENNA. SHE A REAL WOMAN. ERICA IS GREAT TOO. I KNOW NETWORKS AREN'T FAIR. IT'S TO BAD THERE'S NO LOYALTY. JENNA IS FUNNY. WHY COULDN'T THEY EACH T AAY. I LEFT CBS WHEN THWEY GORID OF MAGGIE. I MAY JUST GO TO ABQ C

by Anonymousreply 20312/22/2012

Can't stand her. I love Lester and it was grating beyond belief to have to endure her to see him as well. Good riddance. Hurray! Lester is finally free.

by Anonymousreply 20412/22/2012

It is not Erica's fault. She applied for the job and got it! Jenna needs to adjust her on the air attitude. It is AWFUL.

by Anonymousreply 20512/22/2012

CBS Morning show is the best!

by Anonymousreply 20612/22/2012

NBC: You are genius for allowing us to watch this comedy of Jenna jabbing Erica at every moment. It's so uncomfortable to watch that it becomes hilarious after a few rounds.

I thought Jenna was awesome and got screwed over in a similar move to Ann, which shows your power that anyone can be replaced. Guess what? This totally turns off 99% of the public, so obviously you are out of touch and don't care what viewers think.

Anyway, its fun to watch this train wreck for a few weeks. I've already tuned to GMA now for good during the week after watching Today for 20 years, so once this gets boring I'll do the same on weekends.

Hey Jenna, maybe ABC is hiring? They seem to have a superior skill in managing talent and a fun environment to work.

by Anonymousreply 20712/22/2012

Jenna is a twit and is so very unconfortable in her own skin. How did she get a posh position in the first place?

by Anonymousreply 20812/23/2012

Jenna Wolfe has more personality, zest for life and better influence and control of the dialogue than Erica Hill. Sad. Try to reconcile issues with Jenna for an enjoyable weekend Today.

by Anonymousreply 20912/23/2012

I Love Jenna!!!!! She has a GREAT smile and can dish it out to these,I'm better than life,stuck on themselves, females on this show. Jenna has class far above the others and is a pleasure to watch. Time you fight back Jenna! If she goes I will also follow!

by Anonymousreply 21012/23/2012

You have a vagina, right Jim?

by Anonymousreply 21112/25/2012

I LOVE that this awful woman has been demoted to newsreader, and a few assignments.

The looks she gives to Erica are PRICELESS.

by Anonymousreply 21212/25/2012

Erica has now bumped Jenna off of the weekday Today. Instead of Jenna filling for for Natalie (who was filling in for Savannah), Erica is reading the news this week.

by Anonymousreply 21312/25/2012

Erica's also been looking trimmer.

by Anonymousreply 21412/25/2012

Erica's Botox makes her look a decade older than she is. Anyone agree?

by Anonymousreply 21512/25/2012

Erica looks her age, maybe a little older, but she does not look a decade older. Jenna looks young.

by Anonymousreply 21612/25/2012

Jenna did her job,as well Anne Curry.I would liked to know why they treated these two ladies this way.I loved Jenna,she is beautiful as well as intelligent! Anne was so soft spoken and genuine,you could see her compassion,but also her ability to do a great story along the way,she Did Not , nor Jenna to be treated this way,period! Why make fun of these ladies,do you think like NBC they have no feelings,come on you don't have to make fun and be cruel!:)

by Anonymousreply 21712/27/2012

[R217] Most visitors to these pages are here to trash someone or something, to accuse everyone of being gay and to dote on aging movie queens. The problem at NBC and the Today Show was ratings. The NBC is under new executive leadership and as usual in this kind of business the talent is at the mercy of management. They allow the completely obnoxious 4th hour with KLG and Yoda to continue because being drunk on air at 10AM everyday gets the ratings.

by Anonymousreply 21812/27/2012

1. Nice 2 c Natalie doing evening news tonight...watch out 4 those Bumps... 2. Still cannot watch the horse frace kissing up... 3. I am now repulsed by the mat who're thing, additionally... 4. Erica is still 2 fake, cannot and will never connect with us, and... 5. NBC seems so nonplussed by their audiences receptivity...

I would recomend soliciting objective unbiased opinions in the future...new sets and graphics will not cut it...NBC needs to hire a marketing manager that knows how 2 bring about and launch changes...actually, I think NBC wants 2 B the news, the old adage of "any publicity is good publicity"...is old school thinking, hows that working 4 ya?

by Anonymousreply 21912/27/2012

Jenna was demoted because she was "uncomfortable to watch". I love Lester Holt and always felt Jenna was trying to one up him. He is all class and Jenna is "different." She should be a trainer on "The biggest Loser" where all her "sports enthusiasm" could be better utilized. I am sure she would also make more money and who knows what other opportunities would branch off of that gig! I am now a GMA fan as they are more fun, more hip and just make me feel good. Once Today canned Ann Curry I just decided it was time to find another morning news program!

by Anonymousreply 22012/29/2012

Jenna would be good as a host of a fitness show.

by Anonymousreply 22112/29/2012

I think Jenna received her due. She is the most egotistical person since Matt Lauer. Glad she is not the person I have to watch with the gracious Lester Holt.

by Anonymousreply 22212/29/2012

Can someone take the stick out of Erica Hill's ass? Jenna may be masculine but at least she has a personality.

by Anonymousreply 22312/29/2012

I am 71 years old and have enjoyed Jenna Wolfe as long as she was host of NBC Sunday Today. It was a shock to me to turn the TV on one Sunday morning and she was not sitting there. I think this is a shame. It seems that NBC does all their good people like this.

by Anonymousreply 22412/30/2012

Erica is the fill-in news reader for the weekday show now?

by Anonymousreply 22512/30/2012

I like both of them, I just watched today's show and although Jenna was the reader and Erica was the host Jenna had a news piece she did which was good, that was a nice mix for her. I hope they both. Stay and would like to see Jenna moved eventually to Today during the week.

by Anonymousreply 22612/30/2012

202...NOT..erica does not rock anything except that stick 223 was talking about 207...absolutely

by Anonymousreply 22712/30/2012

When Anderson and Erica used to do the bulletins when she was still in Atlanta, and when she first moved to AC's NYC studio, I got the feeling he thought she was the second coming. When he wrote that blog post announcing her, he must have pee'd in his pants, and he couldn't contain himself her first night when he announced her.

towards the end of their time on 360, he didn't seem entirely thrilled with her.

by Anonymousreply 22812/30/2012

Jenna should replace Matt - I'm sure she has a bigger penis.

by Anonymousreply 22901/01/2013

Jenna would be a good host of any show if she is not required to speak. Her voice and "humor" is more than annoying. Lester is far too dignified to have her as a co-host.

by Anonymousreply 23001/01/2013

I love Jenna, she is an excellent anchor and I always enjoy her humor. God bless you girl and something good will happen in your future. Sometimes it just takes time...stay positive.

by Anonymousreply 23201/07/2013

Jenna is annoying and she was not meant for a anchor position like Today. First and foremost her style is to hard. She talks to fast and anytime she talks it seems like she is yelling at you. Not good if you are a broadcaster but she will feel at home at the WWE.

Lester is far too gracious to have a nitwit like that be his partner. Erica and Lester are professionals not a frat club. Anytime I see Lester and Jenna together it is like Lester chaperoing his annoying little sister to the big dance. She always comes across as a self absorbed attention seeker. She is always desperate to show how fit she is and she can't say anything without saying "I".

Glad to see her as the newsreader. Maybe this will humble her to learn what being a newswoman is 101.

by Anonymousreply 23301/07/2013

I can't stand ANY of the females on the TODAY show....weekday OR weekends! They need to get rid of ALL of them.....from Savannah & Natalie to Jenna. I love Lester & have always liked Matt. Also I ABSOLUTELY REFUSE TO WATCH KATHY LEE & Hora REPULSIVE and a waste of air time.

by Anonymousreply 23401/12/2013

jenna likes to amke a big deak abut herself and use the TV time as a forum to advertisement what she believed to be her cuteness. I was getting so sick of it

by Anonymousreply 23501/12/2013

jenna needs to be removed completely from the show along with that asshole lauer.

by Anonymousreply 23601/13/2013

Jenna was MADE to be a gym teacher.

by Anonymousreply 23701/13/2013

Lester Holt should be the replacement for that pomous ass lauer. I have switched to Good Morning America after they gave Ann Curry the boot. Best for jenna wolfe is to leave the country. We have enough self serving news people around. Let her take shit-head lauer with her

by Anonymousreply 23801/13/2013

Jenna leaving the country...I like that!!!

by Anonymousreply 23901/13/2013

R237 - yes, gym teacher.

by Anonymousreply 24001/13/2013

Eric is boring but Jenna is obnoxious. I say get rid of them both so we can have more Lester time. And I miss Bill Karins, why'd he leave?

by Anonymousreply 24101/15/2013

Is this thread still going?

"Jenna is obnoxious" is the best comment here.

by Anonymousreply 24201/15/2013

Re: This is the business world - media is competitive and driven by ratings. There is no "backstabbing" - just working journalists competing for limited slots. If ratings are not there, media execs make decisions - pure and simple. Erica Hills brings a much needed professional edge to the anchor spot and is a perfect co anchor for Lester Holt.

I also find Wolfe to be annoying - almost bordering on condescending.

I no longer watch the Today Show on weekdays-I find the entire morning crew obnoxious along with the infotainment and scandal segments programming! There is no news - last week was the worst with all the cast sitting on a couch and offering personal opinions on the football scandal. I don't need to hear opinions - who cares what they think??? Do your job and report! It was painful to watch. Guthrie is the worst, matched only by Lauer's snarky-ness and self entitled presentation. The franchise would be better off with Holt and Hill manning weekdays with Guthrie and Lauer moved to the weekend.

by Anonymousreply 24301/19/2013

[R243] How are so familiar with a non hard news program that you don't watch?

by Anonymousreply 24401/19/2013

Really enjoyed Jenna Wolfe, smart and very down to earth. Erica is all right but I miss Jenna so I'm done with Weekend Today, going to GMA, probably weekdays, too.

by Anonymousreply 24501/19/2013

I won't be watching Erica!

by Anonymousreply 24601/26/2013

My husband and I are very HAPPY that Erica is co host in place of Jenna. It was to the point that we wouldn't watch the weekend show because of her,Jenna's (know it all) attitude. She always seemed to want to show Lester up. Way to go NBC!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 24701/27/2013

I'm so happy to see Jenna Wolfe demoted! They should have fired her entirely. Her obnoxious, braying voice & unprofessional manner made me fast forward her segments. The only reason I watched on the weekend was for the always- professional Lester Holt.

Savannah was the wrong choice too. They should have gone with Natalie. Savannah comes across as a dingbat. It's hard to believe she was a lawyer?!

Hiring Ericka was a step in the right direction. Now fire Jenna!

by Anonymousreply 24802/04/2013

When Jenna does a news report, count down to how long it takes her to make the story about herself. You'll only have to wait a few seconds.

by Anonymousreply 24902/04/2013

Jenna makes the show. The only reason I watch it.

by Anonymousreply 25002/09/2013

Lester is professional and will continue to hold my interest, can't say the same for Erica

by Anonymousreply 25102/10/2013

[R248] I am a fan of Lester also but give me a break on the professional shit. Lester was laying in the snow yesterday at Central Park making snow angles. It's a morning entertainment show for fucks sake.

by Anonymousreply 25202/10/2013

You watch... Erica Hill will be taking over Savannah's job

by Anonymousreply 25302/13/2013

Savannah WAS a lawyer!!!

by Anonymousreply 25402/13/2013

erica is terrible -- little personality, just goes to show that the today show producers are stupid

by Anonymousreply 25502/18/2013

Erica has a lot of personality.

by Anonymousreply 25602/18/2013

Although I did not really care for Jenna, I feel sorry for her.It seems that if the male anchors can not get ratings NBC picks on the women sitting on the couch by them. Look at poor Ann Curey. Matt Lauer is a joke. I do not watch the Today show anymore. I have turned over to GMA. They seem to really like each other and have a good time. Miss Hill is so boring and dresses like my grandmother would. Her hair looks like a helmet is on her head.

by Anonymousreply 25702/22/2013

What's wrong with Lester's eyes that he cannot wear contacts anymore? Those coke-bottle glasses have got to go!

by Anonymousreply 25802/22/2013

How is the ratings with Erica?

by Anonymousreply 25902/23/2013

Erika Hills' eyes scare me, they are too far apart.

by Anonymousreply 26003/02/2013

Jenna has a lot of talent in her profession. She didn't need to be demoted. The few things she could change are her out spoken opinion about Lester. Saying when he is late that type of stuff. Otherwise she is very good. It seems she is not afraid of anything or anyone. She a pusher and a go getter. I don't know if she is gay and don't care if she is. I do not watch NBC to know who is and who is not. I watch it for the News. NBC Today is the best show in the world what ever positon you hold at Today. you are working for the best Network in the world. Be proud of what you do and who you work for!!! As for Erica Hill she does a good job she flows well with Lester. I don't know who decided to take her on to the show but its not Erica's total fault "someone had to hire her and offer her the job and make all the decisions to get her to the position she is in now. The only thing I would like to see is have Jenna glam up. She has nice hair and show off her style a bit more. Today is my dream job. : ) Maybe I will be next on the show.

by Anonymousreply 26103/02/2013

"I don't know if she is gay and don't care if she is."

Is that you grandma?

by Anonymousreply 26203/02/2013

Erica has permanent bitchface.

by Anonymousreply 26303/02/2013

As bad as Jenna Wolfe was at the co-anchor position, she is far worse reading the news. She needs to go!

by Anonymousreply 26403/03/2013

there was a rumor that Erica was losing her job at the HLN show she had before AC360 hired her. wonder if there is any truth to that.

by Anonymousreply 26503/03/2013

Jenna Wolfe is annoying and a smart a*s. I wish NBC would totally give her the boot and never see her ugly face again.

by Anonymousreply 26603/27/2013

WHO CARES!

by Anonymousreply 26903/31/2013

Fox News Rick Sanchez just tweeted

“Wonder if @JennaWolfe’s terrible demotion on @todayshow was b/c @NBC didn’t want a then soon 2 be pregnant lesbian to be cohost. I hope not.”

by Anonymousreply 27004/01/2013

Rick Sanchez is still working? At least that moron is where he belongs now. God is he dumb, so retarded he probably qualifies for handicapped parking.

by Anonymousreply 27104/01/2013

It's a legit question, R270.

by Anonymousreply 27204/01/2013

On the contrary, having a pregnant lesbian on Today is super trendy this year! I think that's the reason they KEPT her.

by Anonymousreply 27304/02/2013

As sideshow, maybe, R273, but not as the main attraction. Sanchez could be right.

by Anonymousreply 27404/02/2013

how come I can't get the threadlist?

by Anonymousreply 27504/02/2013

Jenna looked great on the Today show this morning and has a new column. She talked about how she waited for days to hear negative reaction to her announcement, but it never came. She seems really happy.

by Anonymousreply 27604/03/2013

She clearly is not a regular on Datalounge...

by Anonymousreply 27704/03/2013

I START BOTH SAT. % SUN. WITH TODAY. Change is inevitable, I guess, and I have to admire Jenna for making the switch from co-host to "jane-of-all-trades" which switch she has done with grace. My comments refer to other changes made in TODAY's format. WHO decided all cast members should sit in a row on a bench with bare legs crossed, etc.??? How unattractive! I'm old enough to remember when women seen with bare legs were considered prostitutes. They really are ugly on TV. They all look as though they are patients in a waiting room waiting to see the doctor. The new weather person is really good. I've been seeing her on a number of weather shows, the first one when she was all "bling," infuriating the show's female host. I never saw her there again. She's very good at her job and is very attractive to look and to listen to. About Erica: have always admired her, since seeing her head talking to Anderson Cooper, beautifully expressive dimples. Lester is my very favorite TV host, not nearly appreciated enough by NBC.

by Anonymousreply 27804/06/2013

I really enjoyed Stephanie Gosk's segment last night on the Long Island Little League team that is getting to play ball after 5 months of doubt following Hurricane Sandy. Gosk just has such an easy, calm way about her - which probably makes for a good contrast to Jenna Wolfe, who can seem all emotion and energy. I'd bet they're a really good couple who balance each other.

I do wonder if they'll get married before the baby is born and what the Today show people think about that.

by Anonymousreply 27904/10/2013

I love Jenna, she would make Lester laugh and has a personallity. Erica has a mean face, she just has a mean ora and is snotty to guest. I like Jenna. The weekend is for relax and laughter.

by Anonymousreply 28004/14/2013

Seriously, no gossip on these ladies?

by Anonymousreply 28104/16/2013

I went to high school with Jenna, I don't think I've said that on DL before.

She was pretty much as annoying in high school as she is right now and it drives me nuts seeing her on my television...was very glad to see Erica Hill come along.

by Anonymousreply 28204/16/2013

Was she out then, R282? She does seem a little "me, me" sometimes, but I wonder if that stems from a lack of self-confidence rather rather than too much, like she's overcompensating. I love her sarcastic sense of humor.

I have never seen anyone say anything bad about Gosk. She seems like a sweetheart. She also went to high school with CNN's John Berman.

by Anonymousreply 28304/16/2013

R283 - not fully out and proud (nobody was), but not entirely closeted either? She never had any boyfriends or dates that I can remember, and it wasn't exactly a surprise when I did find out. She was always fascinated with Janice Ian and the song "seventeen," and, well... ya know.

Obviously it would never have been a big deal to me though, so I never thought twice about it - other people in the school may have pegged her for a lesbian much earlier due to the lack of boyfriends and things.

by Anonymousreply 28404/16/2013

Wasn't her family fairly wealthy, R282/4? How was she annoying?

Thanks for the info!

by Anonymousreply 28504/17/2013

I like Jenna too. She is funny and her rapport with Lester was evident. Erica was horrible when she started but has relaxed a bit into the job. She had "bitch face" as one of the posters quipped and that made her awful at CBS and the beginning of her tenure at Today. But the ice seems to be melting. I still can't get over the Stephanie/Jenna connection. I'm not surprised that either is lesbian but that they are a couple. Good for them.

by Anonymousreply 28604/17/2013

R285 - Jenna was just loud and abrasive...I still don't get along very well with people like that. That's what I mean how she's still exactly the same. It actually took me a few months of watching her on TV to finally figure out where I knew her. Her voice and personality grated at me, I couldn't tell why....finally it clicked.

She (and her sister) were fluent in french and had moved to the town from a foreign country (haiti) which made them a bit different to begin with, but they didn't stand out as wealthy in what was a pretty rich town.

There were basically three classes of people - those with families like mine (plain old middle class), the typical rich people in the town (jenna's family), and then the EXTRA wealthy people who were noticeable and had the big mansions and got new luxury cars when they turned 16 and went on fancy vacations and the like.

by Anonymousreply 28704/17/2013

That's interesting, R287. Thanks for the info. I watched a Today show video from back in January in which Jenna had just gotten certified as a personal trainer. She talked about how hard high school was for her because she didn't fit in and "couldn't be herself." She said the only place she felt okay was on a court or ball field.

She's been inching her way out of the closet for several months now.

by Anonymousreply 28804/17/2013

straight or gay. .jenna is a attention seeking using anything to make others look stupid and that she is so cool. She needs to wash her, always greasy and her complexion, no makeup.mwhen her contract is up, she has to go. We turn when she is on. Now it is GMA and CBS.

by Anonymousreply 28906/08/2013

This thread started before Jenna came out. I was one of many who was not a huge fan. But my opinion of her has softened since she came out.

by Anonymousreply 29006/08/2013

Can't stand that cold calculating Erica Hill.

Jenna is irritatingly perky, but Erica Hill is cold and bitchy!

I wonder how the rating is with Erica?

by Anonymousreply 29106/08/2013

I'd like to know the same question, R291. I don't dislike Erica Hill, but she seems to be the polar opposite of Jenna: stiff as a board.

by Anonymousreply 29206/08/2013

Jenna Wolfe is bright and full of personality and should go far with another network who appreciates her. Erica Hill is a nice lady I'm sure but is too pushy. Lester Holt looks unhappy and is dwarfed beside her.

by Anonymousreply 29306/19/2013

Jenna Wolfe is not personable, she has a chip on her shoulder and is not watchable. She attracts a small minority not the majority. Lucky she wasn't fired instead of demoted.

by Anonymousreply 29406/23/2013

I agree, the chip on Jenna's shoulder was more like a boulder...very obvious, very annoying. Didn't like her presentation for a minute, she's always laughing at her own horrific jokes. How did she get the job as an anchor with so many more talented folks out there? The worst thing is - if we like Lester - we have to put up with a barrage of Jenna "baby" stories where she constantly injects "her" feelings about "her" baby and "her" pregnancy and "her" plans for names, clothes, room decor and stuff she should put in a journal.

She has zero talent and should be put on indefinite baby-leave.

by Anonymousreply 29506/23/2013

I predict Jenna will go into labor and deliver her baby during a local news break one Saturday morning and not miss a second of airtime. The local newsbreak will end and Jenna will be on the Today show set breast feeding her new bundle of joy.

by Anonymousreply 29606/23/2013

Bring Jenna back and get rid of sour puss they have now with Lester. Jenna is so much more interesting. Big Mistake

by Anonymousreply 29706/23/2013

Oh, I like Jenna. She doesn't take everything so seriously. I enjoy her dry sense of humor, and it's obvious Lester adores her. During Lionel Richie's performance a few weeks ago, the camera cut to the anchors who were posing on the couches. Al and Natalie looked visibly uncomfortable to be almost touching each other, while Lester and Jenna were snuggled up and giggling like crazy. It was fun to see Lester loosen up, which he does in Jenna's presence. They are very close friends.

Erica has grown on me a bit although she can come across as fake nice, and I really like Dylan a lot. Lester and Erica are my favorites, though.

But yes, Jenna needs to back up a bit on the baby-obsessed stories. Then again, she did the same thing on all of her fitness pieces. She gets a passion and really explores it, I guess.

I love that Jenna's openly gay. It's admirable.

by Anonymousreply 29806/23/2013

Erica was a total self-entitled bitch when she was hired for 360, like she had her career handed to her on a silver platter. So when she didn't get to sub for Anderson much, didn't get enough air time 360, and CNN didn't give her an anchor job, (and CNN didn't renew her after two years), she looked (and acted) like she was on to new career heights. Got fired from that gig, now reduced to the weekends on another network.

Has she been with this latest gig for two years yet? that seems to be it for her unless she loses her attitude.

by Anonymousreply 29906/23/2013

If I were Natalie, R298, and I had Al Poker pressed up against me - I'd look a little uncomfortable too.

by Anonymousreply 30006/23/2013

No, R299. Erica was fired from CBS Morning Show in mid to late summer. She joined Today's weekend edition in late October.

by Anonymousreply 30106/23/2013

I was only teasing, R302. The crew at weekday Today is damaged goods.

by Anonymousreply 30306/23/2013

whatever the length of time was R301 my point was that if Erica was so damn good, why didn't CNN keep her? Why didn't CBS keep her, find another position for her? Both CNN and CBS could have found something for if they really wanted to.

by Anonymousreply 30406/23/2013

I knew that, R300/303, I was sharing more details about how incredibly awkward it was to see Al and Natalie try to choke down their disdain for one another. I'm not sure how much longer Today's daily lineup can hold on.

by Anonymousreply 30506/23/2013

[quote] why didn't CNN keep her? Why didn't CBS keep her

Because she wanted an ANCHOR position. There are only so many anchor spots for women at CBS. She could have been a general assignment reporter at CBS.

But that wasn't good enough for her. She wanted an anchor job.

by Anonymousreply 30606/23/2013

Same for CNN - there are only so many anchor positions there too. problem is if she keeps losing these anchor positions, she'll start running out of national news organizations to go to.

why did Erica move to AC360? there was a rumor she was losing that HLN position so maybe Anderson offered her a spot, which ultimately didn't turn into the big anchor (or co-anchor) spot she was hoping for.

There was also a comment from the HLN days where Erica said they wouldn't LET her travel - not sure I believe that. Probs more like she didn't WANT to travel.

by Anonymousreply 30706/23/2013

Erica, Erica, ERICA!!!

by Anonymousreply 30806/23/2013

one reason jenna and lester are close is that they both have jamaican heritage -- maternal grandmother in lester's case and place of birth and early childhood in jenna's case. plus jenna is much more pleasant than erica.

by Anonymousreply 30906/23/2013

The timing of Jenna Wolfe's demotion is so puzzling. Her lesbian lover had transferred from the London bureau 6-8 weeks earlier, and the women's relationship widely known around the Today Show and Nightly News offices. It was even a blind item in the NY Post in early October.

So in late October after 6 years in the Weekend anchor chair, Wolfe was demoted - right at the time she is undergoing fertility treatments to get pregnant. With a late August delivery date, she would have gotten pregnant in late October or early November.

It seems likely producers knew about the women's relationship or pregnancy plans when they brought in Erica Hill to take over anchor duties.

by Anonymousreply 31006/23/2013

She is still as charming as ever. I love her.

by Anonymousreply 31106/23/2013

R311 = Stephanie Gosk

by Anonymousreply 31206/23/2013

LOL, R312. That was great.

I like Wolfe, but I really, really love Gosk.

by Anonymousreply 31306/23/2013

r310/313 = jenna.

by Anonymousreply 31406/23/2013

I wish, R314.

by Anonymousreply 31506/23/2013

Jenna needs to go because she has nothing to contribute besides herself all about me attitude. She is very insecure and she gets nice nasty whenever Lester and Erica start to bond. She is using this pregnancy as leverage to keep attention on herself because she is not skilled or intellectual about anything else. Maternity leave can't come fast enough.

by Anonymousreply 31606/23/2013

PhoenixStorm is here!

by Anonymousreply 31706/23/2013

Erica seems cool and she is defintely more credible then Jenna as far as news versatility and belivability is concerned. She is better partner then Jenna because she brings equilbrium in the partnership with Lester. When the Boston marathon happened you saw the journalistic wavelength between those two. Jenna was out of place next to Lester and she was the dog riding on his professional coattails while she did fluff work.

by Anonymousreply 31806/23/2013

Stephanie Gosk is cool and more likeable.

by Anonymousreply 31906/23/2013

Wow, PhoenixStorm really is here at R318. She uses the same flawed syntax and poor spelling here as she does at TWoP. And she's still hot for Erica and thinks trashing Jenna is the way to boost Erica in the eyes of others. Or she's homophobic.

by Anonymousreply 32006/23/2013

Jenna Wolfe is on this thread!

by Anonymousreply 32106/23/2013

I wish, R321!

by Anonymousreply 32206/23/2013

I switch the channel whenever I see Erica Hill!

What a bitch!

by Anonymousreply 32406/23/2013

Lester looked more comfortable with Amy Robach. That is one anchor, I miss. She was professional, classy, versatlie and respected Lester and her viewers.

by Anonymousreply 32506/23/2013

Gosk seems awesome. Do we have any behind-the-scenes folks who have worked with her or know her otherwise?

by Anonymousreply 32606/23/2013

Gosk is no dummy, she has a degree in economics and was a producer for ABC and used to be a peace corps volunteer.

by Anonymousreply 32706/23/2013

R323: I don't think anyone really knows why Erica was let go from CNN and CBS but people have said that Erica only wants an anchor position

by Anonymousreply 32806/24/2013

I don't understand why anyone care who the news anchor is at any given time. They just read the news. It is so mindless.

by Anonymousreply 32906/24/2013

Anyone ever meet Stephanie Gosk?

by Anonymousreply 33006/24/2013

Jenna comes across as an insecure self centered personality that measures anything and everything coming across the desk in terms of me, me, me... I cannot stand to watch her and her demotion is a good thing.

by Anonymousreply 33106/28/2013

We all knew a Jenna Wolfe in HS or college. Full of annoying pep and never shut the fuck up. She could be funny but for the most part she was just like a gnat. Sort of like a female Andy Cohen. That being said I liked her rapport with Lester as I liked Amy Roback with Lester (Now she was fucked over by NBC but that's another story). Erica has melted a bit and become less dour so I have hope. She was replaced on CBS by Norah O'Donnell who is the exact opposite. She works much better with Charlie Rose than Erica.

by Anonymousreply 33206/28/2013

Jenna Wolfe is very annoying - she can NOT report a newscast without talking about herself each time - I would like someone to show me any news that she reports on that doesn't have a reference to herself. Why is this unprfessional behavior acceptable to NBC??

by Anonymousreply 33306/29/2013

I like Jenna. She's funny. We hear Erica talk about herself a lot too - it's part of the Today Show "we're a family" schtick.

by Anonymousreply 33406/29/2013

I read that Norah O'Donnell is not happy to play second fiddle to Gayle!

She is a true journalist and yet at CBS, Gayle is considered the "STAR."

by Anonymousreply 33506/29/2013

Jenna is polarizing, you either love or hate her and her style. On the other hand, Gosk appears to be universally liked. Someone must have something good regarding Gosk.......anything?

by Anonymousreply 33606/29/2013

What's Heidi doing these days?

by Anonymousreply 33706/29/2013

i actually loved Jenna's energy and enthusiasm and so looked forward to her on the weekends. Although I'm not completely "down" with the gay thing, i didn't find her domineering or offensive in any way. Erica's ok, but she's no Jenna. BRING JENNA BACK!!!

by Anonymousreply 33807/01/2013

Jenna is great, lesbian or not, Erica Hill is a snotty nose bitchy face.

by Anonymousreply 33907/02/2013

WTF? Lesbian or not?

by Anonymousreply 34007/02/2013

I think R339 is saying that regardless of her sexual orientation, Jenna is great. It was just poorly phrased.

I kind of like Erica, but she can come across a bit fake, or at least she pours on the "morning show personality" a bit too thick sometimes.

Jenna is great in my book, but what do I know? I can't understand how Al Roker still has a job. He has become awful!

I must admit I'm disappointed that nobody knows anything about Stephanie Gosk. Didn't we used to have people who knew things at Datalounge?

by Anonymousreply 34107/02/2013

[quote] Although I'm not completely "down" with the gay thing, i didn't find her domineering or offensive in any way. Erica's ok, but she's no Jenna.

What the hell are you doing on a gay board then?

by Anonymousreply 34207/02/2013

Thank goodness I am not the only one that cannot stand Al Roker.

by Anonymousreply 34307/02/2013

So how much longer will Matt Lauer and Al Roker stick around?

I'm really enjoying Jenna on the weekend show. I hope they have plans to keep her around.

by Anonymousreply 34407/07/2013

I like that Dylan broad over Roker.

by Anonymousreply 34507/07/2013

Dylan is very nice, and even tempered

by Anonymousreply 34607/07/2013

Dylan is pretty awesome. She seems really nice, plus is not difficult to look at. I actually think the three weekend ladies - Dylan, Jenna and Erica - have great rapport with each other.

by Anonymousreply 34707/07/2013

Still loathe chirpy self-absorbed Jenna.

by Anonymousreply 34807/07/2013

Dylan really is becoming very comfortable on Today. She was not on very long before the Jenna/Erica transition happened and all the attention seemed to go in that direction while Dylan flew under the radar.

by Anonymousreply 34907/07/2013

I would find Jenna self-absorbed if she weren't so self-depracating. She's really pretty tough on herself. They have her doing a lot of pregnancy-related stories, but that's on the producers, not her.

How do folks feel about Erica Hill? I like her more than I did when she was on CBS, but I'd rather see Lester Holt take the lead more than she does.

by Anonymousreply 35007/07/2013

Well, since you asked, R350, ever since Erice in the NYC on the set of AC360, she has had this little-miss-know-it-all-holier-than-thow-bitch attitude which, with each subsequent job loss (from AC360 to the CBS weekday show) may have toned down a peg or two. can't stand her.

by Anonymousreply 35107/07/2013

Did Hill leave AC360 on her own or was she shown the door?

When did Lester Holt become such a major player at NBC? It seems like he's been there forever, but I don't remember his beginning.

by Anonymousreply 35307/07/2013

I find Jenna nothing but irritating. Her self-deprication is just her way of keeping the focus on her. She's not even clever at it.

by Anonymousreply 35407/07/2013

R353: Erica's contract at CNN/AC360 was not renewed. don't know the reason.

by Anonymousreply 35507/07/2013

Dylan used to do weather on the NBC affiliate in Providence. Within the past ten years she has moved on to Boston and now New York. A very fast trajectory. Very pretty and personable. Like her and Phil Karns on MSNBC

by Anonymousreply 35607/08/2013

How old is Dylan? Surely Al Roker will retire soon.

I really like Lester and Jenna together. She loosens him up and he elevates her. Good duo. Erica and Lester are just there together, no real dynamic.

by Anonymousreply 35707/09/2013

I agree R357

by Anonymousreply 35807/09/2013

I don't see Erica having chemistry with anyone.

by Anonymousreply 35907/09/2013

Kate Snow subbed for Erica today. She seemed to do a good job. Jenna did not seem too happy - girlfriend is getting BIG btw...

by Anonymousreply 36007/14/2013

No Erica or Lester today. Chris Jansing and Carson Daly were subbing - they did a pretty good job together. Jenna and Dylan were there. I really think Erica brings nothing to the table.

by Anonymousreply 36107/20/2013

I am a fan of Carson Daly. I wish he was not getting fat again.

by Anonymousreply 36207/20/2013

Love Jenna. She's looking incredibly happy these days. She and Dylan are the highlights of the weekend shows.

by Anonymousreply 36307/20/2013

They should have Carson Daly and Lester do the weekend Today show.

Erica is super annoying and nobody seems to like her!

by Anonymousreply 36407/20/2013

Did you watch Carson today? He seems a little bland if harmless.

by Anonymousreply 36507/20/2013

Watching Erica in the AM is a terrible exercise in futility. The woman has no personality, does not know how to smile, and is BORING!!!! I cannot believe Jenna was demoted. She and Lester obviously have fun together and made the show interesting, light hearted, and a good weekend watch. Get rid of Erica...or tell her to find a personality!!

by Anonymousreply 36607/21/2013

No job seems safe as host on ALL the morning network shows. I like Ann Curry. Looked what happened to her.

by Anonymousreply 36707/21/2013

Chris did a good job with Lester today too. I guess that anyone would be better than Erica.

by Anonymousreply 36807/21/2013

Erica needs to do something with that HAIR. I'm flattered she feels the need my "Secretary of State" do - but even I have move on to a more flattering style.

by Anonymousreply 36908/04/2013

Jenna is looking phenomenal with just more than 3 weeks left until her due date. She also looks incredibly happy.

I content the weekend Today lineup is so much better than the daily one: Lester, Erica, Jenna and Dylan. Only Erica falls short in my eyes.

by Anonymousreply 37008/04/2013

Jenna will be holding down the fort during the 2014 Sochi Games, while Lester and Erica will be hosting Weekend Today from Russia.

Why would they leave Jenna behind?

by Anonymousreply 37108/04/2013

Jenna is the only breath of fresh air on the weekend and often appears during the week.

by Anonymousreply 37208/04/2013

How did Erica even get to these high profile jobs?

by Anonymousreply 37308/04/2013

Maybe, just maybe, Jenna would rather be here in the US with her young baby than in Russia.

by Anonymousreply 37408/04/2013

Why turn down an Olympic assignment?

by Anonymousreply 37508/04/2013

I'm more curious, R373, the story behind her losing her CNN job and later the CBS gig. Erica was rehired relatively quickly after each loss. It's so suspicious that Erica was hired to replace Jenna, who was bumped to newsreader, just a few weeks after Jenna's girlfriend transferred from the London office to the NY one. Everyone at 30 Rock knew they were a couple. How can producers say the decision had nothing to do with Jenna becoming openly gay?

Jenna does seem to have handled the change well, despite a rocky first couple days.

And have they already announced who will be in Russia for the NBC lineup?

by Anonymousreply 37608/04/2013

R376: I posted R373. I have no idea why Erica left CNN - was actually a little surprised as I thought that Anderson "adored" her (yes, I always knew Anderson was gay so not that kind of adored) so after so many years under the CNN umbrella (HLN then CNN), CNN didn't keep her

my guess is that Erica is not major news/cable network material. her job with 360 didn't last, her weekday job with Chris Wragge didn't last, and now she's the weekend gal.

my guess is some day she will be on a local news channel.

by Anonymousreply 37708/04/2013

Agree about the baby but will add a reminder that Jenna is gay and Putin don't like gay. To send her opens up a whole can of politics!

by Anonymousreply 37808/04/2013

R389 - Erica should either cut or grow her hair. This length does not flatter her.

by Anonymousreply 37908/04/2013

Erica was offered other reporting assignments at CBS. But she was very clear, she wanted an anchor position.

Since there was no open anchor position to offer her, they allowed her to look for something else.

So it was a mutual parting of the ways at CBS

by Anonymousreply 38008/04/2013

R380: I guess this is why CNN let her go because they had no anchor positions for her?

Erica never travels unless it is for something light and fluffy like the prince William wedding or the olympics. She can't do hard news.

by Anonymousreply 38108/04/2013

R381 - You're wrong. And Erica got her start covering technology.

by Anonymousreply 38208/04/2013

R382: what is R381 wrong about? What does her start in technology have to do with CNN or CBS keeping?

by Anonymousreply 38308/04/2013

Erica can do more things that just fluffy pieces.

by Anonymousreply 38408/04/2013

I guess I stopped watching Erica after she left AC360 as I don't watch morning tv. From what I saw there, she did the fluff. I guess she's changed.

by Anonymousreply 38508/04/2013

I was thinking about the homophobic atmosphere there too R378, although I figured that hopefully NBC and other media companies would provide security to protect their employees from crazy people who want to arrest all gay people as well as other security threats.

by Anonymousreply 38608/04/2013

The NBC tree has several out gays and lesbians, including Wolfe, Gosk, Maddow and Roberts, and at least a couple gay producers. It will be interesting to see how many will be on the Olympics coverage team.

by Anonymousreply 38708/04/2013

Ever since the Tiki Barber incident, Jenna left a bad taste in my mouth. As time went on, she continued with her sharp, forked-tongue comments towards her other show mates; no matter who they were. I am so glad to hear she is either leaving or demoted, so I wont have to see or hear from her on the show. She lacks professionalism and being "sassy" is not neccessary for a news show. Get going Jenna! you blew it for yourself, learn from your older collegues and watch "how its done".

by Anonymousreply 38808/10/2013

What are you talking about, R388? Jenna was moved to newsreader last October, but she remains a big part of both weekend shows. She also subbed in for Natalie on the third hour of the daily show a few weeks ago and continues to do story assignments for the daily and weekend shows.

You blame Jenna for the Tiki Barber incident? He called her a "cunt" on air. Oh, and he was also having an affair with a 21-year-old blonde intern while his wife was pregnant with twins. He left his wife and four children for her. That Tiki, he's a class act!

I love what Jenna brings to Today. She's funny, and her co-hosts love her, too, including Erica, Lester and Dylan.

by Anonymousreply 38908/10/2013

Jenna is doing fine, she looked very beautiful this morning. Pregnancy becomes her. She is the one bright spot on the weekends.

by Anonymousreply 39008/10/2013

Agreed, R390, but I'll add Dylan to your list. So many blondes come across as cool or distant, but she seems genuinely nice and personable.

by Anonymousreply 39108/10/2013

Love Dylan! Jenna is HUGE!

by Anonymousreply 39208/11/2013

Jenna's due next week but is still sporting high heels on the Today show. She looks amazing. Her belly is huge, but the rest of her looks shipshape. She looks incredibly happy too.

by Anonymousreply 39308/17/2013

She was so big last week that I even wondered if she'd be on today.

by Anonymousreply 39408/17/2013

Jenna wrote in a blog that she and her partner went to the doctor recently expecting to hear the baby had dropped and she would deliver any day. Instead, they heard the opposite. She might go to her actual delivery date, which might mean she'll still be working next weekend.

by Anonymousreply 39508/17/2013

I hope Jenna becomes a stay at home Mom and NEVER comes back on-air. She is a brash, loud-mouth, self-absorbed, no talent. How she ever got on-air is beyond me. She makes Weekend Today unwatchable.

by Anonymousreply 39608/18/2013

Today was Jenna's last day - she stated she would be gone for 8 weeks.

by Anonymousreply 39708/18/2013

What a sweet on-air tribute to Jenna from her peers. Lester almost choked up talking about how kind, big-hearted and loving Jenna is. He also said she tries to hide those attributes behind a rough-and-tough, sarcastic exterior. It's obvious how much he adores her.

Erica, Dylan and the rest also said beautiful things about Jenna today. I will miss her for the next couple months.

by Anonymousreply 39808/18/2013

[R298] Who knows, they may all be phony, but I even teared up a bit. I will miss her, the rest of the weekend crew bores me. I want to do Lester though

by Anonymousreply 39908/18/2013

What did Erica say, given the tension between these two ladies

by Anonymousreply 40008/18/2013

You could tell the ones who were speaking to the camera just to be on camera: Kathie Lee, Matt. But the rest seemed very genuine: Lester, Erica, Dylan, Natalie, Al, Hoda, Willie, Savannah.

I thought it was great that Jenna mentioned Steph, and the segment showed several photos of them together. No hiding.

by Anonymousreply 40108/18/2013

I think the tension between them is long gone, R400. Erica actually seems to adore Jenna now, lots of in-jokes, warm looks, etc. Erica talked about how the best moment will be Jenna's first time alone with her family, how much it will mean to her.

Jenna also gave a very sweet speech at the end about how much she loves Today and her friends at work.

by Anonymousreply 40208/18/2013

Or Erica is a great actress. R402

by Anonymousreply 40308/18/2013

I don't think so, R403. You could see the visible tension between them the first few weeks, but there has been a gradual warming, especially in recent months. I think Jenna's pregnancy really bonded them.

Plus, Jenna is a bad actress. Everything she thinks and feels crosses her face. There's nothing plastic or phony about her, which is what I like about her. She likes Erica now. It certainly seems mutual.

I still want more gossip about Stephanie Gosk, but none seems to exist. Nobody every badmouths her.

by Anonymousreply 40408/18/2013

It could be that the pregnancy bonded hem. Erica has a few young kids.

by Anonymousreply 40508/18/2013

TODAY anchor and correspondent Jenna Wolfe and NBC News foreign correspondent Stephanie Gosk welcomed a baby girl, named Harper Estelle Wolfeld Gosk, born Aug. 21 at 7:31 p.m. She weighs seven pounds, 13 ounces.

by Anonymousreply 40608/21/2013

Gosk tweeted the first photo of the baby with Wolfe. She's so cute!

by Anonymousreply 40708/21/2013

Congrats to them!

by Anonymousreply 40808/21/2013

I am the proud daddy.

by Anonymousreply 40908/21/2013

Today had an interview this AM with Jenna, Stephanie, and the baby. It was great - they were portrayed as any other family that just welcomed a new addition. It was very natural and they looked very happy.

by Anonymousreply 41008/22/2013

Nice to hear, R410. They are such a cute couple. The photos of Harper are adorable.

Showing them like any other couple goes a long way in Middle America. Here's to Steph and Jenna and their openness.

by Anonymousreply 41108/22/2013

Saw them on the Today show. Perfect. Gosk is adorkable, isn't she?

by Anonymousreply 41208/22/2013

Stephanie seems very nice. I'd seen her reports for ages and am not sure how I missed her being lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 41308/23/2013

I agree, R413. Jenna just kind of screamed gay to me, but it never occurred to me that Stephanie was gay. She was a hell of a foreign correspondent.

by Anonymousreply 41408/23/2013

Another great follow-up on Weekend Today with the crew in the studio with Jenna, Stephanie, and Harper at home. So naturally done. I am touched.

by Anonymousreply 41508/24/2013

Who is the guy filling in for Jenna this AM

missed his name.

by Anonymousreply 41608/24/2013

That would be Tom Llamas from NBC-4 in New York. Very cute, but very large teeth when he smiles.

by Anonymousreply 41708/24/2013

So many beautiful photos and sweet moments in the Wolfe-Gosk segment. All three looked so happy to be a family. Today handled the segment with such class and warmth, even several times showing a photo of the two women in the hospital bed with their baby girl.

by Anonymousreply 41808/24/2013

Matt Lauer was the sperm donor.

by Anonymousreply 41908/24/2013

Oh, I'm sure Matt's wife would have approved that, R419. They used an anonymous sperm donor through a sperm bank to avoid any conflicts.

by Anonymousreply 42008/24/2013

Erica is so boring. Jenna has personality. She should have kept her job

by Anonymousreply 42108/26/2013

I have given Erica a chance and I still do not care for her! They need Jenna back! She has a great personality and did a much better job than Erica!

by Anonymousreply 42209/28/2013

Ditto, R422!

by Anonymousreply 42309/28/2013

Erica is a bitter bitch. She looks pisses all the time.

by Anonymousreply 42409/28/2013

Did anyone catch Jenna on Friday's show with her partner Stephanie and three other NBC News/Today reporters who had recently had babies? They looked gorgeous, especially Stephanie, who was holding their sleeping daughter.

Today has impressed me by being so open about their relationship. That was at least the fifth time they've been together or talked about their pregnancy.

by Anonymousreply 42509/28/2013

I agree, R425. NBC and Today have handled Jenna and Stephanie's relationship and new baby so naturally like any other couple.

by Anonymousreply 42609/28/2013

Agreed, R427, but the same viewers who complain about morning shows' cookie-cutter approach to female talent (plastic faces, fake smiles, forced laughter, pretend ditziness) don't like Jenna because she doesn't fit that mold. She's not like everyone else, and that makes some viewers uncomfortable.

I think she's hilarious and good at her job. Let's hope she's welcomed back with open arms in a few weeks.

by Anonymousreply 42809/30/2013

I suspect that she will. I think during the past year we have ALL gotten to know the REAL Jenna! She didn't make much sense before.

by Anonymousreply 42910/01/2013

How do you think the soccer moms will respond to Jenna long term, R429? Will they accept the gay mom thing or will she make them uncomfortable?

by Anonymousreply 43010/02/2013

I think most soccer moms are actually ok with the gay thing - look at Ellen's popularity with her show.

by Anonymousreply 43110/02/2013

I seems to me that Jenna was probably hurting ratings. Did not care for her and prefer Erica. Jenna occupies a different world than most.

by Anonymousreply 43210/06/2013

Weekend ratings are down in recent weeks when Jenna has been on maternity leave, R432. That doesn't uphold your theory.

by Anonymousreply 43310/06/2013

Jenna is a national treasure.

by Anonymousreply 43410/14/2013

WELL I PERSONALLY NEVER DID LIKE JENNA, I ALWAYS THOUGHT SHE TREATED LESTER HOLT DESPECTFUL, SHE OVERRIDES EVERYONE WHEN THEY TALK.. SHE HAS NO MANNERS, SHE LOOKS LIKE SHE HAS A DIP IN HER MOUTH ALL THE TIME.. I BET LESTER IS GLAD SHE WILL NOT BE HOSTING WITH HIM, BUT LESTER HAS MORE CLASS IN HIS LITTLE FINGER, THAN SHE HAS IN HER WHOLE BODY... SO MOVE ON JENNA, ITS JUST ANOTHER DAY AT THE SHOP, THATS HOW THEY OPERATE, BUT I HAD RATHER LOOK AT ERICA, THAN JENNA, THE TODAY SHOW HAS BEEN IN TROUBLE FOR A LONG TIME ANYWAY, ONE OF MY FAVORITE PEOPLE SAM CHAMPION AT GMA IS LEAVING , SO NOTHING LAST FOREVER.. JUST BE GLAD YOU HAVE A JOB, MILLIONS DO NOT HAVE A JOB, PLUS I THINK JENNA, SHOULD OWN A WORK OUT GYM, SHE IS SO MANLY, PEOPLE GET TIRED OF LOOKING AT THOSE WORKOUT SESSIONS, SO GET OWN WITH YOUR LIFE MS JENNA, OR GO HOME.... GROW UP, THIS IS THE REAL WORLD.....

by Anonymousreply 43512/02/2013

Is R435 a parody post or is somebody drunk?

Lester and Jenna are very close friends in real life, but nice try.

by Anonymousreply 43612/02/2013

Any news on when Jenna will be back from maternity leave? Seems like she has been gone for a long time!

by Anonymousreply 43712/04/2013

Is Erica gay? What about Norah Jones or Maureen Maher?

by Anonymousreply 43812/04/2013

Any gossip from CBS this morning? Did Erica and Gayle get along? What about Norah or Charlie Rose

by Anonymousreply 43912/04/2013

She's supposed to be back Saturday. She took a full 3 months maternity.

Erica is straight with kids.

by Anonymousreply 44012/04/2013

Tuned in this weekend, and Jenna looks fabulous. Very fit already, and the others seemed glad to have her back.

Quite a few photos and video included of her partner. Today doesn't try to hide that Jenna's gay, which is nice.

by Anonymousreply 44212/10/2013

Jenna you didn't deserve to be demoted.You are a breath of fresh air and I don't think Erica Hill has the chemistry with her co-workers that You do.

by Anonymousreply 44312/21/2013

Saw them this morning...Erica is bland squared...give me Pat Battle any day of the week!

by Anonymousreply 44412/21/2013

At times, Erica does a lot more talking than Lester. Is she the "lead" and Lester the backup? I would have thought he would be the dominant personality given his years of service.

Even though I didn't like how Jenna was demoted and Erica sometimes gets on my nerves, I still prefer the weekend bunch to the daily one by far. Lester over Matt, Erica tied with Savannah, Jenna over Natalie and Dylan over Al.

by Anonymousreply 44512/21/2013

Ugh, Natalie filled in for Erica this morning. She prattles on, doesn't she?

by Anonymousreply 44612/21/2013

Is Jenna Wolfe one of the Bush daughters?

by Anonymousreply 44712/21/2013

No, that would be Jenna Bush Hager. The two Jennas do appear to be friends though.

by Anonymousreply 44812/21/2013

I avoided the show because I thought they were giving the annoying Bush spawn more prominence. Or actually I stopped when Anne Curry became coanchor and never went back because I thought the Bush girl was promoted.

by Anonymousreply 44912/21/2013

I watch all the time, and I almost never hear stories from Jenna Bush Hager or Chelsea Clinton. When they are on, they're bad.

It's almost like they're paid to do nothing.

by Anonymousreply 45012/21/2013

Erica Hill has no looks for tv. I hated her on the weekend show, am furious to see her on the weekday show for replacements, and the evening news? Give me a break. If everyone dislikes her, why is she still there? I don't watch the weekend show anymore.

by Anonymousreply 45101/03/2014

Jenna is on now ...man that chick bounced back from dropping her baby. She also had several stories on today. She really blows Erica Hill out of the water n terms of energy and charisma ....

by Anonymousreply 45201/18/2014

Erica needs to go!

by Anonymousreply 45301/20/2014

r452, change Wolfe's name to "Plain Jane." Never smiles.

by Anonymousreply 45401/20/2014

Seriously, R454? Wolfe smiles and laughs all the time. She seems to have a great personality.

by Anonymousreply 45501/20/2014

She has Man Hands. She should get a job with a moving company loading and unloading trucks.

by Anonymousreply 45601/22/2014

I was willing to give Erica a chance, but she has the personality of a postage stamp.

by Anonymousreply 45701/23/2014

And, R457, I must add that she is very impressed with herself too. Just not likeable at all.

by Anonymousreply 45801/23/2014

Does Jenna still want to axe murder Erica or have they become friends. I feel sorry for poor Lester Holt. He is such a class act. Erica drags him down. I read somewhere that he and Jenna are quite friendly.

by Anonymousreply 45901/25/2014

Did anyone see Jenna refuse to even TASTE the cookies they had on this morning? She faked it and kept checking the monitor to see if she was being caught faking it. Then said "how about kale?" when they cut to commercial. STFU Jenna it's not about YOU and nibble the cookie and quit making it about yourself. She is insufferable. Eating disorder. Period.

by Anonymousreply 46001/25/2014

I did see that. No way was she going to eat an Oreo flavored like a Rice Krispie Treat. Lester was all about it - "hmm. Should they be Double Stuft". Lol

by Anonymousreply 46101/25/2014

She is getting paid prob a cool $500K a year. Her job on a chat show is to go w/the product and the flow. Viewers don't care if her cab was late, her baby was up all night, or personally it doesn't fit w/her diet. It's her job. One BITE of a cookie isn't going to kill anybody. It's her JOB.

by Anonymousreply 46301/27/2014

When a person changes jobs like that in that national news media that incidactes that there is something wrong with the anchor and not the network. Erica had three high profile gigs on all big news networks and yet she kept getting pushed out, that is not a good reputation to have. Weekend Today is a blessing for her it might be the weekend but it is still high profile and she is working with high profile news anchor Lester Holt. Jenna Wolfe is a nightmare, just eat the cookie you won't die or get fat from eating one little cookie.

by Anonymousreply 46501/28/2014

The relationship between Jenna and Erica, you can read from looking at the camera that Jenna is very competitive and has an inferiority complex. She does not seem like one who can forget very easily. It is very clear she has emotional issues you don't have to be a psychologist to not know this. I don't know if she has watched her own tapes, but they made the right call demoting Jenna. She did not have the talent to become a high profile news anchor and much less co-anchor with Lester Holt. Who I feel at the moment is just to good does not matter how much Jenna tries to upstage him, he always shines.

by Anonymousreply 46601/28/2014

Oh god, I think that psychotic Michelle bitch has found us at at R465 and R466. Trolldar! Same person. She is obsessed with Jenna Wolfe and trashes her all over the place.

Wolfe and Hill are great friends now. They bonded during the pregnancy, and Wolfe has accepted her new role. She's doing well at it, and she's popular with her co-workers and management at NBC. She and Lester are very tight as well.

Actually, Wolfe, Holt, Hill and Dreyer work out together every Friday. That's something people do with someone they hate, right?

by Anonymousreply 46701/28/2014

[quote] you can read from looking at the camera that Jenna is very competitive and has an inferiority complex. She does not seem like one who can forget very easily. It is very clear she has emotional [bold]issues you don't have to be a psychologist to not know this.[/bold]

Does your presumed competence about psychological diagnoses extend to using the English language competently? Apparently, no.

The state is going to revoke your license shortly.

by Anonymousreply 46801/29/2014

Jenna Wolf is a crude, crass, self important so called anchor. Can't believe how rude she is and gets by. She isn't kind to her co-workers, either!! TODAY WEEKEND show would be better without the likes of her!!!

by Anonymousreply 46902/09/2014

Oh please, did you not see Erica and Jenna hugging over and over on today's show? Jenna and Dylan were doubled over on each other at one point laughing about their curling effort. Plus, Lester adores Jenna; they're close friends in real life. You're full of it, R469.

by Anonymousreply 47002/09/2014

[R469] I watch Jenna because her. You watch her because you hate your miserable self. You sick fuck!

by Anonymousreply 47102/09/2014

I bet Jenna Wolfe didnt go to bat for Ann Curry when she was let go.

by Anonymousreply 47202/25/2014

MEEEEEOOOOOWWWWW ! ! ! ! !

by Anonymousreply 47302/25/2014

cant stand jenna wolf. She has a big mouth and no class whatever.

by Anonymousreply 47404/27/2014

Doesn't matter, I stopped watching NBC when Ann Curry left or maybe

by Anonymousreply 47509/22/2014

If they let Ann Curry go, anybody can be let go or demoted at NBC. NBC should have let Matt Lauer go. I can't stand him, and I do not watch the Today program on my days off. Oh, for Katie and even Bryan G. Jenna W. is way too opinionated for my likes, and Erica Hill is pretty, but watch your backs.

by Anonymousreply 47609/22/2014

They didn't let Ann Curry go, they just pulled her from the Today Show. She is still under contract to NBC. I don't have a problem with her being pulled from the show. What I do have a problem with is NBC's refusal to release her from her contract, thereby, stunting her career. I don't like Ann, but she deserves better

by Anonymousreply 47709/22/2014

They are sending Ann to Iran. First, Lauer "threw her undee the bus" in the words of Al Roker. Who knows what kind of a mishap she'll encounter over there.

by Anonymousreply 47809/22/2014

How can Matt be so valuable that NBC pays for helicopters to shuttle him back and forth to his Montauk weekend home, when their ratings are always behind ABC?

by Anonymousreply 47909/22/2014

I loved Jenna. She added so much. Erica has a "snotty" attitude and do not like her at all. BIG,BIG MISTAKE BY THE NETWORK. Ann, now Jenna.

by Anonymousreply 48010/06/2014

I love Jenna and Lester but I will not watch weekend NBC news with Erica. Hello ABC

by Anonymousreply 48110/12/2014

Erica was never anything special, she thinks that she is all that but she is really vapid. The only reason why she even became popular is because sexually flirt and eyeball with the gay news anchor from CNN.

Erica Hill was bright, should have taken that correspodent job at CBS or NBC. A correspondent job gurantees more stability and less pressure then doing the fleeting host job which she has never been sucessful in. She is the dullest female anchor on television.

by Anonymousreply 48210/28/2014

Did they demote Jenna yet again? They just replaced her as news reader or whatever it was that she did. Though she is still filing stories for them.

by Anonymousreply 48310/28/2014

she has a job as a fitness correspondent which is good cause she can do the stories she is passionate about. Anchoring was never her strong suit.

by Anonymousreply 48410/28/2014

Jenna's replacement is good, she got personality, warmth and she seems intelligent which is more important.I believe Erica's problem to why she can't succeed is because of her prudish and snooty nature. She acts and looks judgemental and has expressive eyes which distracts from the story.

by Anonymousreply 48510/31/2014

Jenna sucks, but Erica isn't much better. NBC needs some good-looking news gals like Megan Kelly.

by Anonymousreply 48611/08/2014

Erica is old and she has an attitude problem.

by Anonymousreply 48711/10/2014

Erica has dropped weight lately.

by Anonymousreply 48811/10/2014

I'm happy Jenna Wolfe has left the weekend Today show. She can finally have a Friday night life after being on the show from 2007. Erica, is not at as good as Jenna Wolfe, and should be replaced.

by Anonymousreply 48911/15/2014

Everytime I see Erica Hill she reminds me of why the news business is not for everyone. To have been given so many jobs and virtually demoted out of all of them. If I were to compare tenures, I would say Jenna was more successful in the business and on weekend Today, and Jenna is not a good anchor then Erica has been on all her migration on different shows. Obnoxious Erica should just go to a market in Ohio.

by Anonymousreply 49011/20/2014

Good, who enjoyed her big mouth, and watching her exercise on the news anyway. Glad she is gone

by Anonymousreply 49111/23/2014

The reason why ABC is doing so well is that they have brighter female hosts with better personalities, then the women at NBC.

The more I watch Erica Hill, I think she is more suited for a correspondent job then an anchor job. The lady talks insanely fast and she has a bitch face with weird deer eyes and her delivery in presenting the news is like pulling teeth which is a turnoff to watch in the morning. NBC should try to recurit Biana Golodryga or Rebecca Jarvis to weekend Today. Promote Erica to a National Correspondent.

by Anonymousreply 49212/24/2014

Weekend Today with Erica Hill and no Lester Holt will be a total bore you are better off sleeping in during the weekend. Awful delivery, too much talking and no chemistry among the team when Lester is not there.

Erica and Craig are corny as co-anchors.

by Anonymousreply 49302/25/2015

Little Sheinelle Jones already is side-eying that anchor chair. She wants it, and Today Show producers seem to like her. I'd watch my back if I were Erica. Sheinelle is already getting more air time on the weekday show than she is.

It was smart of Jenna to get out of that competitive, back-stabbing rathole and do something she loves full time: stories about fitness.

by Anonymousreply 49403/02/2015

The correspondent job is a smarter career path for Jenna because it is not fleeting and she gets to do what she is passionate and she gets a stable M-F schedule. A win-win situation for her.

Talking about Sheinelle and Erica,I won't be surprised, Erica did the same thing to Jenna Wolfe, and to Maggie Rodruiguez on the Early Show on CBS. Sheinelle has been getting more praise in her couple of months at NBC then Erica's three years at NBC.If the producers like what they see, they could promote Sheinelle.

Erica probably got these jobs through cheap politics and asskissing, nothing in her resume screams successful anchor and ratings draw, and now the politics will come back and bite her. Sheinelle was more sucessful in her career in Philadelphia, then Erica's career in the national news circuit on CNN and CBS.

Lester Holt anchoring NN on the weekday, it is the perfect time for them to do the changes they need to do on the weekend. Erica Hill has not been a ratings or critics success throughout her tenure on Today.

Erica can be absent a month, and won't miss her. Erica had too many chances and she is a borefest and ruined the dynamic of making Weekend Today a more relaxed and laid back counterpart from the weekday. She has that snotty attiude and can't seem to blend in with anyone on the show. Erica has no chemistry with any of her co-anchors even Dylan Dreyer who tries to act like Erica's BFF.

by Anonymousreply 49503/03/2015

In the next year I can see Shenielle Jones as new anchor of Weekend Today, she just has the right personality for morning television and has a solid reputation from her Philly fans. Erica has no chemistry with any of her male co-anchors, she might be a nice person but she is a boring as a drone.

by Anonymousreply 49605/27/2015

Shenielle seems a bit overmatched to me, like she's overwhelmed or playing grownup. The producers seem to like her however. She has subbed in as newsreader on the daily edition frequently.

Erica has grown on me, although she will never have the warmth or charm of Dylan.

by Anonymousreply 49705/27/2015

R497, The weekend show has been dead air ever since Lester left. Erica is like the kid who could never fit in when she is on television. The show lacks an alpha male host, the current male anchors are too boring and as interesting as rye bread. Craig Melvin is irritating like a wagging puppy in heat can't take him seriously, Dylan is cool and seems to to have a quiet warmth about her. Erica Hill is meeh, too boring and annoying who thinks that she is hot shit! Her wagon has fallen off ever since Norah O' Donnell took her spot a couple of years ago and ran with it.

by Anonymousreply 49808/08/2015

Erica has been retweeting people complimenting her like crazy the past couple weeks. It was in conjunction with her subbing in on the Weekend Nightly News. I wonder if she's hoping for a promotion.

I miss Lester and Jenna together. They played off each other well, but I'm happy for Lester in his new role and think he's great. Jenna seems to love being a mother/wife and focusing on fitness, so it's all good.

by Anonymousreply 49908/09/2015

R4 499, Erica follows people like crazy on Twitter. Lester Holt is doing his own thing and not looking back at doing the weekend news.

Erica Hill is a living definition of a news anchor flop. I can't see her being promoted cause her demotion at CBS has hurt her chances to ever be considered for another high profile anchor gig. I heard rumors that Alex Wagner might be promoted to NBC News and become the new weekend anchor. If that is true she will be more useful and worth it then Erica Hill. Wagner has political knowledge and will bring a breathe of fresh air to the void Weekend show. NBC is wasting their money on Erica Hill she is below a middle of the road news anchor. No upswing or hope, just a failed flop barley holding on to her weekend job.

by Anonymousreply 50008/14/2015

Erica retweeting more people who say she should be the weekend NBC Nightly News anchor. I'm telling you: She wants it!

by Anonymousreply 50108/16/2015

R 501 , worse thing for NBC if they promote Erica to another anchor job. She is a phony and smells blood for anchor jobs. Any woman who deserves that job is Kate Snow, a solid fill in anchor who has a real job and done real work. Erica Hill has a track record of getting things handed to her on a silver platter and got no skills to back it up she stole Maggie Rodruiguez's job at CBS, got Harry Smith axed and stole Jenna Wolfe's job at NBC. They need to get rid of her, weekend today has been snoozefest and Craig Melvin has awful chemistry with her. Craig tries to hard and has no class. Weekend Today is going to go down to the dogs if they are not careful. Half of that weekend audience was lost when Erica came in and took Jenna's job, before Erica, the weekend show was kicking ass and watchable. When people watch Erica they still see the woman that stole Jenna's job. They should move Erica Hill to MSNBC, bring in some young hot smart chick from an affiliate station and reboot the cast or give the job to Shenielle, more personality and better delivery. Nobody wants to see a tired burned out has been chick who can make you fall asleep.

by Anonymousreply 50208/19/2015

Jenna Wolfe confirmed in an interview that she and Stephanie Gosk got married before the birth of their first daughter two years ago. Congratulations to them! Cute couple.

by Anonymousreply 50308/21/2015

Ehh! Erica Hill again!!

by Anonymousreply 50408/22/2015
Need more help? Click Here.