Police probe deaths of two men who collapsed in one of London's most popular gay saunas
Police are investigating the deaths of two men that died after collapsing in a sauna.
A 39-year-old man died at the scene in the Pleasuredrome sauna near Waterloo station in central London and a 46-year-old man died later in hospital.
Police have said that they are currently treating both deaths as unexplained and are waiting on toxicology reports.
Next of kin are aware but formal identification is yet to take place.
Police are appealing for a man seen entering the venue with the first victim to come forward as soon as possible.
He is described as a white man, aged 25-35 with brown hair and a goatee beard approximately 6ft tall with a slim build.
Lambeth CID are keen to identify and trace this man as officers have concerns for his welfare.
Pleasuredrome has been running for over 15 years and is open all day, every day.
Spread over two floors, facilities include a spa, two steam rooms, two saunas, a lounge, a massage suite and a cafÃ©-bar.
It operates a non smoking and drugs policy. Mail Online approached the sauna, but they were unavailable for comment.
|by Anonymous||reply 46||11/07/2012|
You are not supposed to mix viagra and poppers!
|by Anonymous||reply 1||10/31/2012|
This is the second most popular story at Daily Mail for the second day in a row.
|by Anonymous||reply 2||10/31/2012|
This is why I don't do poppers in the steam room....
|by Anonymous||reply 3||10/31/2012|
They must have had unsafe sex!
|by Anonymous||reply 4||10/31/2012|
Really, you shouldn't mix poppers and Viagra?
|by Anonymous||reply 6||10/31/2012|
I'm Oprah Whitney and even I don't mix poppers and viagra in the steam room
|by Anonymous||reply 7||10/31/2012|
They were FUCKED to death!
|by Anonymous||reply 9||10/31/2012|
Look what Spell Check did.
I'm Oprah Winfrey and even I'm not immune to technology.
|by Anonymous||reply 10||10/31/2012|
A sauna! I wouldn't be seen dead there.
|by Anonymous||reply 11||10/31/2012|
Damn, i read the thread title as two men who PROLAPSED.
|by Anonymous||reply 12||10/31/2012|
R5, they saw the decor and never recovered.
|by Anonymous||reply 13||10/31/2012|
They were in the sauna doing the Lambeth Walk for five hours without stopping.
|by Anonymous||reply 14||10/31/2012|
Well, at least they died in the midst of their closest friends.
|by Anonymous||reply 16||10/31/2012|
I knew a guy who went to a bath house once for sex...
|by Anonymous||reply 17||10/31/2012|
Viagra and Poppers both lower blood pressure. Since they work independently they can lower it too far. Two guys died in the Equator hot tub (Key West) right before we arrived a few years ago. That what happened to them.
|by Anonymous||reply 18||10/31/2012|
A hot shower can make a person weak. So, poppers and a hot sauna is not always good.
|by Anonymous||reply 19||10/31/2012|
They probably both wore the same outfit
|by Anonymous||reply 20||10/31/2012|
This is why I love Trader Joes.
|by Anonymous||reply 21||10/31/2012|
You're not the first r22 but I'm not going to "oh, dear" someone who will never be reading this thread.
I've seen "that" instead of "who" in two news articles today. It's bad enough that reporters don't know how to write, but where are the editors?
|by Anonymous||reply 23||10/31/2012|
Anyway besides Viagra and Poppers which is possible but really 2 men die and 1 is taken to hospital.
All on the same day at the same place really ?
Wouldn't death by Viagra and poppers be a bit more frequent than this if this is correct?
Methinks there were other drugs involved to happen at the same place and the same time.
Could be wrong though
|by Anonymous||reply 24||11/01/2012|
GHB and Alcohol = death (almost certainly) Poppers and Viagra = death (sometimes likely) I can't really think of any other lethal combinations.
|by Anonymous||reply 25||11/01/2012|
viagra and poppers are absolutely fatal, and it's one of the first things you learn when you consider taking ED meds.
|by Anonymous||reply 26||11/01/2012|
In a bathhouse, it would not be surprising to find bath salts.
|by Anonymous||reply 27||11/01/2012|
This thread is useless without names and pictures of the deceased. Were they hot or not? Get on it and report back to us ASAP, DL Nancy Drews!
|by Anonymous||reply 28||11/01/2012|
For all those mentioning poppers, with or without viagra-wouldn't these guys have known that?
At their ages, I'm sure it wasn't their first time at the baths.
|by Anonymous||reply 29||11/01/2012|
I know that sauna and used to go there a lot about 10 years ago to "unwind" after a night's clubbing,when I was on my own - before I met my partner 9 years ago. I almost passed out once after staying in the sauna cabin too long .... and yes we used to be on ecstasy then and also sniffed poppers in the steam room. If these two were on other drugs as well or tried viagra there, it could well and maybe was a lethal combination.
Gosh I have been lucky... I bet the Daily Mail will find all this fascinating and will probably juice it up.
|by Anonymous||reply 30||11/01/2012|
The replies to the Mail article are absolutely hilarious !!!!
|by Anonymous||reply 31||11/01/2012|
Isn't that a terrible way to go? You think you are having a good time then you never wake up. You never get a chance to look back on your life or experience anything more. It's over. Stay away from drugs, guys. It is not worth it.
|by Anonymous||reply 32||11/01/2012|
R32 yes you have a point. I mean it would be "embarrassing" to an extent...I mean what would the people at work say on Monday morning? But your right...who cares? I would be just as dead had I died in church.
|by Anonymous||reply 33||11/01/2012|
I was just thinking too "jeez what a way to go" - you go out clubbing and never return to your life or your home .... what would family and friends and co-workers say or think ?
Its like that scene in the original Queer as Folk, when one of the guys dies and his friends rush around to his home to clear away his gay stuff and porn stash before his family arrive .....
Bet saunas will have to be seen as being more careful now regardingly late night clubbers.
|by Anonymous||reply 34||11/01/2012|
I'm guessing Jan Moir has a view about this. I wonder if she'll dare to go there. Pre-Leveson, probably not.
|by Anonymous||reply 35||11/01/2012|
There's some horror London saunas. There's one in Covent Garden you wouldn't put cockroaches in. The cubicals are half length brick cells.
|by Anonymous||reply 36||11/01/2012|
George Michaels is always hanging around for a shag the times I go for some fun
|by Anonymous||reply 37||11/01/2012|
I bet once the names are released we will get a sob story by Jan Moir or some other sob sister, on the awfulness of it all and the devastation their selfish actions have caused their family, etc. and the seedy world they inhabit and even - gasp horror - some married family men even go there for kicks etc.
|by Anonymous||reply 38||11/01/2012|
Were both men single? Why do cops think another guy is in danger?
|by Anonymous||reply 39||11/01/2012|
This thread is barely English and virtually incomprehensible. Are you sure it's your mother tongue, because you sound like a passel of illiterate retarded morons.
|by Anonymous||reply 40||11/01/2012|
Any updates on the cops finding the third guy?
|by Anonymous||reply 41||11/01/2012|
Emergency services responded to a call that three men had collapsed at the venue at 8.15am on Saturday, 27 October.
One of the men, aged 39, was pronounced dead at the scene.
Another man, aged 46, was taken to hospital but died on Monday.
A 37-year-old, with non-life threatening injuries has now been discharged.
Police are appealing for a man seen entering the venue with the 39-year-old man to come forward.
|by Anonymous||reply 43||11/06/2012|
They sure stopped reporting on this in London. Nothing new in the media for over a week.
|by Anonymous||reply 44||11/07/2012|
Even the latest free gay mags here don't mention it, as though it is all being hushed up .....
|by Anonymous||reply 45||11/07/2012|
I follow London's "Pink News" and they went silent on this two days after it happened.
|by Anonymous||reply 46||11/07/2012|