Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

The Official Figure Skating Thread: 2012-13 Season

Proof that the sport, at least in N.A. is on the downslide in terms of popularity. They've already had Skate America and Skate Canada (Skate Canada troll, do weigh in) and no one has posted shit yet.

Personally I wish Jeremy Abbott would retire. So sick of seeing him implode. He looked like he was in agony at Skate America. But it seems that Team USA is second-string in all disciplines. Discuss.

by Anonymousreply 31001/26/2015

I thought the Grand Prix started next month.

by Anonymousreply 110/29/2012

USFSA CEO David Raith, is a smart guy he just needs to get some influential showbiz types in his social circle. Work Johnny Weirs network for some celebrity contacts, bring them into figure skating. Celebrities are great endorsement magnets. The media doesn't really care where they are, so if they are in figure skating, that is where the media attention is.

They promoted Lysacek using the circa 1955 publicity guide, so they killed off his potential. He may have bombed anyways, but too late to find out now. The "Lets see if Michelle Kwan will come back for another award" thingy, is not a marketing strategy, it is, at best, a temporary way to stop the hemorrhaging. It losses its effect every time it is repeated.

SKATE CANADA has begun to end the implosion. They finally beheaded their leader and that was good a start, but FAR too late and they axed him the wrong reason, but, maybe they figured this out late and any reason will do at this point. The Olympic bump has passed and is not coming back. If it takes them 20 years to rebuild their rep, there may be too few new figure skaters still left in the ranks plus, their entire fanbase will be dead of old age. Speed counts at this point and Canadians are not known for being quick or progressive in business.

The organizations is also still knee deep in evangelicals, who have lost a lot of power, but they are still there. I thought they finally were learning to use social media to promote properly in the last 3-4 months, but that slammed to a stop!. Skate Canada International, last week, was better promoted by USFSAs own Icenetwork, than by Skate Canada.

......Lets advertize another temporary contract based jr. marketing position and see if it makes up for the......oh...... 20 odd people in currently marketing and PR right now, who don't know what the f*uck they are doing. Because Skate Canada's abysmal promotion just needs a genius underpaid temp, to make it all better.

by Anonymousreply 210/29/2012

I think we can safely say at this point, Skate Canada is a make work project for people who would not otherwise be able to find gainful employment, particularly in the fields of Marketing and Public Relations.

by Anonymousreply 310/29/2012

Jeremy Abbott is going to suffer from a severe case of Failed Star Disease. He took the US title with a great performance and was hyped as Americas best, then failed to deliver. He came up with excuses, excuses then, 2 years later, took the title again and now for a second time he is failing to deliver. Cry wolf time. Americans love comebacks who succeed but brutalize comebacks who fail. Abbott really set himself up for a media beating by staying in it too long. What is coming up this time, is beyond Moms hospitality grade PR skills. Jeremy should have followed his biological clock – out before 25 like any sane person would do in this sport. So now, he is going to get a beating for being Americas great skating disappointment. Because of this, Jeremy is going to personally, become a very bitter person in life, which is a shame because he has a great ass.

by Anonymousreply 410/29/2012

Love Javier Fernandez!

by Anonymousreply 510/29/2012

I was gonna say re: Jeremy that Brian Orser won his second silver Olympic medal at the age of 27. But Brian had more national titles and a few world medals as well. It's like he has become Emanuel Sandhu without the diva attitude.

by Anonymousreply 610/29/2012

Eman was a bitter queen when he was beating Plushenko. It was a personality thing with Eman, not a failing to win thing. With Jeremy, the bitter queen personalty emerging, will be a defense response of failing to win.

Orser competed at a time in history when Quads didn't exist, so the body was not driven as hard as it is today. Skaters lasted a few years longer back then.

I think, even though Skate Canada killed off its leader, it is still run by a board of directors from a time when homosexuality was still a crime (Bill Borland and friends). Though they don't call the cops anymore, the idea of Gay being OK, is just not in their psychology. Plus, there is still one very dangerous women in charge at Skate Canada. Director, Barb Macdonald. She was one of Canada's top anti-gay lobbyists, working for a group called One Way/Elle Ministries which promotes a cure for homosexuality. She official left this "ministry" in June of 2010 but promised to unofficially keep working for them. Not only is she a dangerous to gay skaters herself, but the fact Skate Canada would even hire a person like this, exposes much deeper problems within the organization.

by Anonymousreply 710/29/2012

Couldn't stand Emanuel...

by Anonymousreply 810/29/2012

These days US Figure Skating is better at training non-Americans to win gold, than its own athletes. Why is that? Why does Team USA train their competition to beat Americans?

by Anonymousreply 910/30/2012

Chan lost! Heehee!

by Anonymousreply 1010/30/2012

[quote]Love Javier Fernandez!

It was so refreshing to see someone other than Patrick Chan win the men's event!

It made big news in the Latino media since he is the first Spanish guy to ever win a gold medal in figure skating.

by Anonymousreply 1110/30/2012

Johnny Weir is competing again. I'm happy. He competed in his first event in two years a couple weeks ago.

Did anyone else watch the second season of "Johnny Be Good" on Logo? I loved it.

by Anonymousreply 1210/30/2012

Johnny Weir will be at the Grand Prix of Russia next weekend.

by Anonymousreply 1310/30/2012

Watched Skate Canada live--Javier deserved the win, but Kozuka ought to have easily finished ahead of Chan. How he gets away with this shoddy skating is beyond me (he may have only fallen once, but nothing was clean or easy--he was constantly putting an arm down, or struggling with the landings).

The ladies was a total mess--the Canadian was slightly overmarked, but it's hardly a robbery, since Suzuki was erratic the whole time.

Virtue and Moir skated a fine free skate, but they were grossly overmarked in the short, to be in first by 0.01 when they ought to have been a few points behind the Italians.

The easiest way to fix the sport: eliminate the anonymous judging, and make a fall worth -5 points. You'd start seeing better execution if you knew that falling on the quad attempt was not worth more than a clean triple toe loop. It'd also be near-impossible to cover Chan's ass (remember when he won Skate Canada last year with four falls?).

I'm thisclose to giving up the sport, but I am really curious to see how the returning athletes (particularly Johnny Weir) fare. If they start screwing Weir again, I'm outta here.

by Anonymousreply 1410/30/2012

Ms. Weir is talentless plus she is bad for the business

by Anonymousreply 1510/30/2012

Do you think Javier Fernandez has a big uncut Spanish cock?

by Anonymousreply 1610/30/2012

Javier has a huge uncut cock with a hairy hole

by Anonymousreply 1710/30/2012

Is Rachel Flatt really going to skate this season?

by Anonymousreply 1810/30/2012

Does Javier have a hairy bush?

by Anonymousreply 1910/30/2012

Canadian ice dancer Paul Poirier and his new American partner Piper Gilles skated well and finished just off the podium in 4th.

There's already a long thread on DL about Paul, but he deserves to be talked about here too. He is super cute, gay, athletic & academically smart with a proficiency in multiple languages.

by Anonymousreply 2010/30/2012

Did one of you bitches write the heading for this article?

[quote]Fernandez tops Chan at Skate Canada

by Anonymousreply 2110/30/2012

R20 Sounds like Paul Poiriers Mom.

Get off of DL Pauls Mom. Bake some cookies.

P.S. You are exposed because gay men do not describe others like they are reading a Resume for Employment.

by Anonymousreply 2210/30/2012

That is from Kuwait news R21. Talk about obscure!

On a related note, figure skating and homophobia??? Kuwait? Johnny Weir could never compete at a figure skating competition in Kuwait as Islamic law would require they chopped off Johnny Weirs head, as soon as he stepped onto the ice. (Skate Canada would be pleased by this though....)

by Anonymousreply 2310/30/2012

R23, isn't it impressive that a figure skating story even makes news in small countries far away?

by Anonymousreply 2410/30/2012

No, it is scary. It tells you what type of creepy markets figure skating is now attracting: Religious fanatics and losing: the G7 populations.

Boys don't dance with boys....GIRLS Dance with Boys - THE END!.......Well, then figure skating is the new sport for you Kuwait! We feel the same way, Sincerely Skate Canada.

by Anonymousreply 2510/30/2012

Well, we don't have any American champions dominating Figure Skating. And, too many Asians have dominated the sport...that's why the season has been bad for viewers. Also, Chan is constantly getting overscored. I don't know if the judges are purposely pissing us off or not.

by Anonymousreply 2710/30/2012

Patrick Chan has a terrible track record with the media. Before he finished the sentence, ---I want to compete for China...., it was all over for him. Very, very sensitive nerve, particularly with so many Canadians losing their jobs to China these days. They never cleaned this up, nor the Diane Sawyer story in 2009 nor the PR mess created in pressuring the ISU on Sale/Pelletier 2002 Silver. (The technical argument really wasn't that overwhelming, they took advantage of a PR, slip of 1 French person, to create a firestorm. Nasty people on both sides of this one).

There is not any serious effort underway to attract new or young audiences. So, figure skating becomes an Asian sport like Ping Pong. No North American or European TV Network will ever utter the words: "We now leave this breaking news story and return to the World Ping Pong Championships. But, maybe on Beijing TV1.

Javier is too butch. I like my coffee sweeter.

by Anonymousreply 2810/30/2012

[quote]There is not any serious effort underway to attract new or young audiences. So, figure skating becomes an Asian sport like Ping Pong. No North American or European TV Network will ever utter the words: "We now leave this breaking news story and return to the World Ping Pong Championships. But, maybe on Beijing TV1

American audiences are tired of Patrick Chan already. Personally, I haven't watched any Skating events since Patrick Chang was getting overscored constantly.

by Anonymousreply 2910/30/2012

None of the current crop of skaters seem to be interesting or have any kind of personality. As annoying as Johnny Weir can be at times, at least he's interesting and not dull.

by Anonymousreply 3010/30/2012

Gracie Gold will be the savior of American skating. She's blonde, tall, great body line and big jumps. If she could only have one clean competition she will shine.

The pro ranks should have enough folks to herald their own tour/shows etc. What the heck in Emanuel Sandhu up to these days?

by Anonymousreply 3110/30/2012

Why does being blonde mean anything, R31??

by Anonymousreply 3210/30/2012

"Gracie Gold will be the savior of American skating"

Eeeeeeeewww, yucky, girls!

by Anonymousreply 3310/30/2012

Blonde = stereotypical virginal female who is 17 and a fawn. She will contest vs. the hardcore Americans Ashley Wagner and Rachael Flaat and then take on the dirty Russians. America will fall in love. $$$$$$$$

by Anonymousreply 3410/30/2012

Pro comps died out years ago and the ice shows are struggling to hold on to audiences. Some of the tickets are ridiculously expensive.

by Anonymousreply 3510/30/2012

Come on it is more than just expense. I mean Stars on Ice is one of the few places in America where you can go and see what the world was like 50 years ago...live!. Ice shows never changed, never kept up. Thinking that pumping in a Katy Perry song, to the same old Kurt Browning wearing a different hat, is not quite the radical change that makes a new generation of fans flood thru the doors. It is the same old shows, with an occasional Top 40 Pop songs, which are getting increasingly worse every year.

An little education for the dinosaurs running skating shows today. This guy is the hottest thing on the planet of under 40s right now and just got the 2102 Grammy award for it. This is what the new generation are getting into and now in the USA - BIG TIME and Grama won't feel at home here.

You want to bring a skating show to a new generation of fans, recreate this on Ice: (maximize it so your aging eyes can see)

by Anonymousreply 3610/30/2012

Patrick Chan is fuggo beyond belief.

by Anonymousreply 3710/30/2012

[quote]s. They never cleaned this up, nor the Diane Sawyer story in 2009 nor the PR mess created in pressuring the ISU on Sale/Pelletier 2002 Silver. (The technical argument really wasn't that overwhelming, they took advantage of a PR, slip of 1 French person, to create a firestorm. Nasty people on both sides of this one).

The French judge has changed her story too many times and her scores were rightfully tossed out. The only PR mess it caused was that people who thought there was cheating in skating finally confirmed it and gave up on the sport.

[quote]The pro ranks should have enough folks to herald their own tour/shows etc. What the heck in Emanuel Sandhu up to these days?

Are you kidding? Professional figure skating in America is just about dead.

[quote]Blonde = stereotypical virginal female who is 17 and a fawn. She will contest vs. the hardcore Americans Ashley Wagner and Rachael Flaat and then take on the dirty Russians. America will fall in love. $$$$$$$$

Rachel Flatt is just about done as a amateur figure skater. I wouldn't be surprised if she retires before 2014 nationals.

by Anonymousreply 3810/30/2012

Face it....you need me more than ever.

by Anonymousreply 3910/30/2012

I amplanning to save American figure skating. You saw me skate and, I'm sure, were very impressed with my grace ,style, and beauty.

by Anonymousreply 4010/30/2012

Rumor has it Skate Canada is going to put Pamela Anderson on skates to attract more males to figure skating, but so far, they haven't even been able to get her to stay standing on skates.

by Anonymousreply 4110/31/2012

It is kind of funny that Johnny Weir has not publicly supported Obama. I wonder if doing so would get him banned him from Skate Competitions in this Republican dominated sport?

by Anonymousreply 4211/05/2012

Russia was a snooze fest. Weir canceling was the most interesting story to come out.

by Anonymousreply 4311/12/2012

Why does Chan ALWAYS have zits on his face?

by Anonymousreply 4411/12/2012

Skate Canada thinks it makes him look heterosexual R44.

by Anonymousreply 4511/12/2012

Johnny Weir ***B-O-M-B-E-D*** big time in his first competition of the year.

Coming in 10th place, out of 10 competitors.

by Anonymousreply 4611/12/2012

GOD!!!! I want to fuck that little monkey Nobunari Oda's asshole so bad! I don't give a shit if he's married.

by Anonymousreply 4711/12/2012

Oda is ugly to the point of being offensive.

Now, Daisuke Takahashi, OTOH...is delicious.

by Anonymousreply 4811/12/2012

LOL! Please, say you're joking, r47!!

by Anonymousreply 4911/12/2012

こんな糞競技見てるのかw どうせ一人で自演してるんだろうね。 FUCK YUNA KIM FUCK P KUSO SHIT

by Anonymousreply 5011/12/2012

>>47 てめえ何ぬかしとるんじゃー!死ねレイシスト 猿はおまえだろ

by Anonymousreply 5111/12/2012

what happened to all the good Russian skaters?

by Anonymousreply 5211/12/2012

どやさ!何このスレ。。人種差別主義者が多すぎじゃないか。

by Anonymousreply 5311/12/2012

Asianが活躍してて何が悪いんだ。死ねレイシスト

by Anonymousreply 5411/12/2012

Meagan Duhamelが書いてるのかww

by Anonymousreply 5511/12/2012

Ashley 鼻フック Wagner がなんだってー!!!

by Anonymousreply 5611/12/2012

Gracie Gold will win the Ols next year, just sayin.

by Anonymousreply 5711/13/2012

neeyo

by Anonymousreply 5811/13/2012

Can't remember when I've been so bored with skating. Last time I was it was during Scott Hamilton's tenure.

by Anonymousreply 5911/13/2012

They all died, r52.

by Anonymousreply 6011/13/2012

Has Brian Joubert retired yet? Is he gonna? Is he waiting to see what Evgeny Plushenko is going to do next?

by Anonymousreply 6111/16/2012

The Grand Prix of France started today in Paris.

Coverage will be on NBC on Sunday afternoon, but there may also be some coverage on Universal Sports, for those that get it.

by Anonymousreply 6211/16/2012

I'm surprised that Abbott made the podium at the Trophee Bompard comp. His programs are so prissy and frou-frou. And he still lost his lead to the superior Florent Amodio.

Now this Family Figure Skating show is on. Apparently it is being held at some Christian college in Arizona - Grand Canyon U. The requirement being that you are a hetero skater with crotchfruit. Some of the numbers are painfully bad.

by Anonymousreply 6311/18/2012

Figure skating in America was lost as soon as NBC put Scott Hamilton and Sandra Bezic in the call booth. Dick Button elevated skating on television, S&S have turned it into crap.

by Anonymousreply 6411/18/2012

So true R64. I miss Dick Button's commentary. I think he's retired now. But one learned a lot from his commentary. I learn nothing from Scott and Sandra except that Scott is a shrill dwarf and that Sandra is an elitist snob.

by Anonymousreply 6511/18/2012

NBC had on 2 hours of coverage this afternoon, including the Men's event.

Jeremy Abbott did better than usual, but it's always a struggle for him to skate a clean program and he missed the opportunity to win the gold.

by Anonymousreply 6611/18/2012

Jeremy Abbott finish second in a pack of secondary skaters. None of the big players went to Paris this year.

It is like coming in second at the Pittsburgh Film Festival.

Every figure skating announcer over the age of 50 should be retried immediately, as should Kurt Browning who acts like he is well over 50.

Scott Hamilton should be legally banned from all skating competitions even as an audience member.

by Anonymousreply 6711/18/2012

I like Terry Gannon, though.

by Anonymousreply 6811/19/2012

I was furious that Scott Hamilton endorsed Romney last month.

by Anonymousreply 6911/19/2012

Did Patrick Chan get eye surgery to un-chinese his eyes, they seem a bit round?

by Anonymousreply 7011/19/2012

Patrick Chan is not my favorite skater, but you have to admit he has a nice ass.

by Anonymousreply 7111/19/2012

[quote]I'm surprised that Abbott made the podium at the Trophee Bompard comp. His programs are so prissy and frou-frou. And he still lost his lead to the superior Florent Amodio.

I'm not Jeremy Abbot's biggest fan, but this post is just bullshit. For one thing, Jeremy's program is very lean and spare in the choreography, musical arrangement and costuming. Also, Jeremy took silver while Amodio took bronze. Amodio did score higher in the free, but Jeremy did not "lose his lead" to him.

Meanwhile, Ashley Wagner continues to do very well. If she adds a consistent triple-triple, she can contend for the next few years. She beat the little Russian phenoms pretty handily in Paris and the 14 year old looks like she will be battling a growth spurt by 2014.

Coming up this weekend in Japan: twinkaliciously-ripped Adam Rippon!

by Anonymousreply 7211/19/2012

Has Adam Rippon's cherry been popped?

by Anonymousreply 7311/19/2012

Patrick is buttless, there is no way of spinning it otherwise R71, having said that Patrick does help out that disaster of an excuse for a designer, Tu Ly, which embarrassed all of Canada with his 2008 Olympic gear, but is never the less, a homosexual so I guess we have to support him.

I think Patrick Chan jumped on Skate Canada's De-Gay figure skating campaign and now regrets it and is maybe, even trying to make up for it.

by Anonymousreply 7411/19/2012

For me, when I anticipate a good, clean, MATURE performance from Jeremy Abbott, it's like Lucy promising Linus she'll hold the football, this time, honest!

by Anonymousreply 7511/19/2012

[quote]I'm not Jeremy Abbot's biggest fan, but this post is just bullshit. For one thing, Jeremy's program is very lean and spare in the choreography, musical arrangement and costuming. Also, Jeremy took silver while Amodio took bronze. Amodio did score higher in the free, but Jeremy did not "lose his lead" to him.

I think your post is bullshit, just like Jeremy's shitty choreo. All the hands on the face, and fluttery arms - MARY!!!! It sucked. And if he didn't give up his lead to Amodio, he sure as hell did to Takahito Mora.

I will agree that Adam Rippon is kind of cute, however.

by Anonymousreply 7611/19/2012

Abbott never got a Worlds medal. Until a skater does this, they are a waste of taxpayer money. At least Weir and "Evan Likes-a-dick" did get World medals.

by Anonymousreply 7711/19/2012

Abbott is a loser, that's why.

by Anonymousreply 7811/19/2012

I have seen all the single and pairs skating I want to see. What I like is the Ice Dancing, Davis and White !!!!

by Anonymousreply 7911/19/2012

Johnny Weir ***B-O-M-B-E-D*** big time in his first competition of the year.

by Anonymousreply 8011/19/2012

Thank GOD Johnny withdrew. We don't need to see him raping the ice with his second-rate skating. He's so over.

by Anonymousreply 8111/19/2012

Johnny Weir is there to draw media attention because the audience numbers double or more, when he is one the ice. Why the hell do you think US Figure Skatings IceNetwork, has his picture on the top of their website?

by Anonymousreply 8211/19/2012

Almost too much figure skating on TV today. Watched the NHK Trophy today. The Japanese men are starting to rival their female counterparts in terms of ability and depth. I predict that they will dominate the singles comps at Sochi. Poor Javier Fernandez - he flopped around the ice like an epileptic seal. Someone needs to give Kevin Reynolds some ballet classes and put a bag over his face. Same with Akiko Suzuki - she and Kevin are two of the homeliest skaters competing today.

There were three skating specials on today. Had to decide between one with old hasbeens skating to Manheim Steamroller or Kaleidoscope on Ice, with Sasha, Evan and Kurt Browning recreating his amazing "Singing In The Rain" number. Great way to end the long holiday weekend.

by Anonymousreply 8311/25/2012

The US failed to qualify any male skater for the Grand Prix Final.

While Japan qualified FOUR male skaters for the Grand Prix Final.

What a huge embarrassment.

by Anonymousreply 8411/25/2012

This is why skating is losing steam in the US. Minor talents. The US was the last country to really get into Code of Points, and it's showing. Ironically, our ice dancers are having their time in the sun, although I don't really get into it. US Pairs are stinky bad as usual.

by Anonymousreply 8511/25/2012

"The US was the lat country to really get into Code of Points"

That argument does not wash because the US trained the top Male (Patrick Chan) and top Dance Teams (Virtue/Moir and David/White). So obviously the USA is at the top of the world in training skaters for COP scoring.

The USA just has to start training US athletes not the competition.

by Anonymousreply 8611/25/2012

Well, the US was the last country to get its ATHLETES up to speed with Code of Points. Some had success with it like Evan Lysacek, Johnny Weir (when he wasn't being lazy) and Belbin & Agosto (and now Davis & White), but they still lag behind their rivals. The current crop of singles and pairs are simply not good enough under the new system. But our pairs have always been weak, with the rare exceptions (Babilonia & Gardner, the Carruthers).

by Anonymousreply 8711/26/2012

The ladies' final is done. Serious splatfest, save for Mao Asada - she skated like a dream. Ashley Wagner took a nasty fall, but rallied to win the silver - good for her. Akiko Suzuki rapes my eyes. I was hoping Kiira Korpi would do better - she's so pretty, but has more bad skates than good ones.

The men are next.

by Anonymousreply 8812/09/2012

The not-so-new scoring system/Code of Points just ruined skating. All those terrible spins where the skaters are crouched in awful, unattractive positions ruins the grace and beauty that used to be the appeal of the sport. I watch old performances of the 70s, 80s and 90s and miss that type of skating. Plus the women in Michelle Kwan's era did more triples, although I don't think the judges were as hard on the proper edge landings. I remember the flutz.

by Anonymousreply 8912/09/2012

The US Figure Skating trained skaters (D&W, V&M, Chan) are the only ones winning outside of Asia. Figure Skating has become an Asian sport like Ping Pong.

R88, you know all competitions were over yesterday right?

by Anonymousreply 9012/09/2012

Gracie Gold, if she had better coaching, has the content, but she's got a jump coach who doesn't seem to want to work on anything else...Like choreography and polish.

by Anonymousreply 9112/09/2012

Yes R90, but I didn't see them on TV until today. I didn't have computer access to CCTV where I could have seen them all.

Glad to see Chan knocked down to 3rd. I thought Javier Fernandez should have gotten bronze, but he was too far behind after the short program.

by Anonymousreply 9212/09/2012

Skate Canada would like people to know although Paul Poirer and his latest partner (that blond American female, whats her name) are heterosexual and having sex with each other.

by Anonymousreply 9312/09/2012

I thought that Poirier was a gay?

by Anonymousreply 9412/09/2012

Gays were banned from Skate Canada in September of 2008, just in time to get them out of the 2010 Olympics, as were gay looking outfits and gay sounding music.

by Anonymousreply 9512/11/2012

Paul Poirier is straight. He is dating fellow U of T student Lori Sildiryan.

by Anonymousreply 9612/14/2012

Skate Canada found a new sponsor, Hardware store, Canadian Tire. Interesting alliance....

Here is Canadian Tire statement dealing with the backlash of allowing a TV show with Gay Characters, to be filmed in one of their stores:

“Canadian Tire is not a sponsor of this program in any way shape or form,” she said. “Our involvement was to allow the producers of this series to shoot one segment in a Canadian Tire store. We did not receive compensation for use of our facilities nor did we pay any money to the producers. Canadian Tire has not funded the (My Fabulous Gay Wedding) program or facilitated its production through any paid advertising.” Rogers said she was not certain how rigorous the consideration of the request to film the pro-gay ‘marriage’ show in the store was but she added,

“I can tell you we’ll be much more diligent in the future.”

........Sweet!!! I am not surprised, at all, Skate Canada and Canadian Tire hooked up.

by Anonymousreply 9712/18/2012

Canadian Tire: "The Canadian He Man" store. No Homos!

by Anonymousreply 9812/18/2012

Unlike "Battle of the Blades" I don't think Canadian Tire will invite (allow) Johnny Weir up to one of their stores to temper their image with the Gay community.

by Anonymousreply 9912/18/2012

That Canadian Tire statement was from 2005.

The release also went on to say "Canadian Tire takes no position on the definition of family; we consider that a decision best left to Canadian society as a whole.”

While they are certainly being chicken about being pro-gay, they didn't come out and be anti-gay (although that "diligent" comment was a bit moronic).

by Anonymousreply 10012/18/2012

The line "we will be much more diligent in the future" aka no more homo shows filmed at Canadian Tire, is what exposes Canadian Tire as siding with the bigots.

by Anonymousreply 10112/18/2012

I would say just by Canadian Tire sponsoring Skate Canada, knowing of Skate Canada's well documented record of homophobia, is alone another incident.

by Anonymousreply 10212/19/2012

Johnny Weir was on the Today show this past week and skated at Rockefeller Center. He looked ridiculous, had on black underpants and see through pants over them. He reminded me of Beyonce. His skating was nothing short of inspired, artistic and passionate.

by Anonymousreply 10312/24/2012

Weir is still the biggest star the USFSA has today.

by Anonymousreply 10412/24/2012

Canadian Tire is a hardware store. Their entire marketshare is non-gay. They are just pandering to it even more.

by Anonymousreply 10512/28/2012

R104 Johnny Weir ***B-O-M-B-E-D*** big time in his first competition of the year.

So how do you spin that?

by Anonymousreply 10612/28/2012

[quote]His skating was nothing short of inspired, artistic and passionate.

Well then he might as well hang up his skates right now. He'll never win another men's competition skating like that.

by Anonymousreply 10712/28/2012

I don't enjoy the competitions anymore except for the ice dancing. The rest is just performing jumps and moves for points and the artistry is secondary.

by Anonymousreply 10812/28/2012

They banned anything artistic in figure skating because that is what, apparently, attracts mobs of heterosexual males to watch it.

by Anonymousreply 10912/28/2012

WTF is this new "team" competition they are doing in Sochi next year? Can someone explain it to me?

by Anonymousreply 11001/05/2013

Oh, and it looks like Jeffrey Buttle has come out of the closet and is now openly gay:

by Anonymousreply 11101/05/2013

doyasa

明子鈴木

by Anonymousreply 11201/05/2013

No more Ashley 鼻フック Wagner

まあロシアンとkoreanがとるんじゃねえ

by Anonymousreply 11301/05/2013

同意! ツイ名ってバンクバ五輪で滑ったウエストサイドストーリーのマリアとあっこを掛けてるんだよね すぐヒロインになりたがるというw性格がよく表れてるね ツイ写真もなんとかしてくれ 自己陶酔がキツ過ぎる

by Anonymousreply 11401/05/2013

あっこヲタのツイッターでの悪質さの多さすごいね 常にあっこageて誰かsageたり叩いてる うわ…って思った人大抵あっこヲタ 全日本の現地さんにも言われてたりしてたし今まで何で気付かなかったんだろ

by Anonymousreply 11501/05/2013

[quote]Oh, and it looks like Jeffrey Buttle has come out of the closet and is now openly gay:

Interesting. Up until now Wikipedia has refused to acknowledge that.

I clicked the link but I can't get into the article where he came out.

by Anonymousreply 11601/05/2013

Here you go R116

by Anonymousreply 11701/05/2013

[quote]Gay Hockey - Global National interview with Bryan Frois & Jeffrey Buttle

by Anonymousreply 11801/05/2013

I really miss the good old days, of Scott Hamilton, Brian Boitano, and Paul Wylie. They were class personified.

by Anonymousreply 11901/05/2013

Paul and Brian = classy but deeply closeted.

by Anonymousreply 12001/06/2013

Jeffrey Buttle didn't come out, he was "Quasi-Outed" by Outsports.com and didn't deny it. Outsports.com has a readership slightly smaller than Maggie Fergusons Pie Bake off site. Plus, Buttle still supports Skate Canada's ongoing anti-gay campaign to "De-Weir" figure skating and is a spokesperson World Vision Ministries, an Evangelical Christian charity.

(Evangelicals are not exactly the most gay friendly people on the planet, ask any LGBT American for proof of this).

by Anonymousreply 12101/06/2013

I remember the fraus at GoldenSkate or FSU deleting a couple of posts about Buttle's sexuality, which included him blowing another skater at a Grand Prix comp.

by Anonymousreply 12201/06/2013

R122, anyone know who?

by Anonymousreply 12301/06/2013

[quote]I really miss the good old days, of Scott Hamilton, Brian Boitano, and Paul Wylie. They were class personified.

Scott Hamilton is a gay hating asshole. He is the exact opposite of "class".

[quote]In the U.S., 1984 Olympic gold medalist Scott Hamilton is probably the best-recognized and wealthiest male figure skater. A major element of his popularity is his lovable, good-guy persona. But one not-so-lovable Hamilton trait has been his lifelong homophobia, which he discusses with uneasy frankness in his 1999 autobiography Landing It.

by Anonymousreply 12401/06/2013

Scott Hamilton also talked about his support of the Republican Party last year and his vote for Mitt Romney, and made no apology for it.

by Anonymousreply 12501/06/2013

Figure Skating IS a Republican sport.

Basket Ball is a Democratic sport.

by Anonymousreply 12601/06/2013

Some of the older skaters like Hamilton may be Republican, but I don't think many of the younger ones today are.

by Anonymousreply 12701/06/2013

Their parents are almost all Republicans and Conservatives. (See: Sport for rich white and Asian kids)

The people in charge of the skating federations, particularly Skate Canada and the ISU, are hardcore social conservatives.

The current skating championship and show sponsors are Republican/Conservative corporations.

Figure Skating is like NASCAR for women, but the world is changing and that is why their audience numbers are falling, in North America at least and soon to follow in Asia.

by Anonymousreply 12801/06/2013

Figure Skating is definitely no longer the "in" thing at Datalounge. Probably because Brian Joubert is no longer viable.

by Anonymousreply 12901/08/2013

R129, Skate Canada probably single handily, turned the entire gay community off of figure skating, which is exactly what they tried to do. So, there you go. Welcome to your new lower demo numbers and a collapse of show skating, because without the creativity of mentally healthy homosexuals, the show side dies off too.

by Anonymousreply 13001/08/2013

Was Brian Joubert the most popular figure skater on DL, R129?

Why? Is it because he has a big ass and posed naked?

by Anonymousreply 13101/08/2013

I watched my niece practice at Michelle Kwan East West Ice Arena last November. The trophy case is a who's who of congratulatory letters from Republican politicians. There wasn't a single Democrat represented even though she won some big titles under Clinton's reign.

by Anonymousreply 13201/08/2013

Stephane Lambiel was DLs sexbot favorite, but Johnny Weir is still the reigning Princess of the World. Some of the older Queens on DL seem to like Brian Joubert, because I guess they think he is a top, who knows? I imagine tops are rare in figure skating. I guess that is why some are even rumored to have billed for their rarefied services (Fedor Andreev).

by Anonymousreply 13301/08/2013

[quote]Some of the older Queens on DL seem to like Brian Joubert, because I guess they think he is a top

R133, but is Brian Joubert even gay?

by Anonymousreply 13401/08/2013

R132 Michelle has accepted a position working for the Obama adminstration

by Anonymousreply 13501/08/2013

Obama has nominated lots of anti-gay repukes for jobs R135. For instance Chuck Hagel.

by Anonymousreply 13601/08/2013

Michelle is also engaged to the grandson of a prominent former Rhode Island Democratic Senator.

There's never been any evidence that she is a Republican.

by Anonymousreply 13701/08/2013

Joubert is a douche french guy i doubt he's gay. Lambiel is not, has he come out yet?

by Anonymousreply 13801/08/2013

What the heck is a 'douche french guy'? Stereotype much?

And Lambiel has basically admitted he is gay, yes, but only because he was forced to.

by Anonymousreply 13901/08/2013

It's well known in the skating community that Michelle Kwan is a Republican. She was at that celebrity Huckabee fundraiser in 2008 and was FIRST appointed to her position by George W. Bush. Her last boyfriend was Christian Anschutz, son of Philip Anschutz. Christian, like his slime father, has repeatedly supported anti-gay legislation.

And Kwan's fiancee might be the son of a great Democrat but he worked for Scott Brown several years ago. Just because his grandfather is a Republican doesn't make him one.

Now away with you, Kwan Fan.

by Anonymousreply 14001/08/2013

Whoops. Just because his father is a DEMOCRAT doesn't make him one.

by Anonymousreply 14101/08/2013

Miss France dated Joubert and said he was gay and their relationship was created to hide this. He sued her for 40,000 francs and a judge made her pay 17,000 francs to him. Standard Liberace, Tom Cruise, John Travolta territory. On the other hand, he hasn't exactly been avoiding Florent Amodio.

by Anonymousreply 14201/08/2013

Or maybe Brian sued because she was actually lying and was trying to use his name for publicity.

Too early to know. I'm open to either possibility.

by Anonymousreply 14301/09/2013

uzeeeeee fuck caucasoid

by Anonymousreply 14401/09/2013

[quote]On the other hand, he hasn't exactly been avoiding Florent Amodio.

Can you translate what it says at your French link at R142?

by Anonymousreply 14501/09/2013

The sport of figure skating is based on heterosexuality (see pairs and dance). This is one of the reasons so many mock figure skating as a real sport. When you sexuality defines the performance first, not your athleticism, people snicker.

by Anonymousreply 14601/09/2013

Being a Canadian I find all this talk about figure skating being for the social conservatives really odd. In Canada you watch it or you don't, depending on if you like the sport or not, and that has so little to do with your politics. It's still really popular, no matter what Skate Canada does to micro-manage it, since the general public has no idea what goes on behind the scenes and just enjoys watching the sport on TV, end of story. (yes, apart from hard core fans).

Why does everything, i mean EVERYthing, in the USA have to reduce to which effing party you belong to???

by Anonymousreply 14701/09/2013

R146. What? They mock it because it has historically included subjective elements that are hard to judge. And the ice dance being the most subjective gets the biggest mocking since it's "just" dancing.

by Anonymousreply 14801/09/2013

Well R149 if gay hating cunts like you are the audience for figure skating, then I'm glad it is "ruined".

by Anonymousreply 15001/09/2013

R149 like Barb McDonald, Communications Director for Skate Canada and lobbyist for One Way Ministries... and will also be flagged on DL, for using that verbiage.

by Anonymousreply 15101/09/2013

Paul Poirier, one of the top ice dancers in Canada who is very much liked by the executives at Skate Canada, is completely gay.

by Anonymousreply 15201/09/2013

Johnny Weir is unlikely to make a comeback, and the same is probably true of Evan Lysacek and several other former skaters. Once you leave regular competitive skating, you fall way behind active skaters in terms of training and technical ability. And because of the new judging system and the increasing number of skaters able to do a quad, you can't take a few years off and then return and expect to catch up.

by Anonymousreply 15401/09/2013

Paul Poirier is not gay. If Paul was gay Skate Canada would have marginalized him already. Skate Canada does not promote homosexual skaters.

Stop spreading rumors you know you have no proof to back up R152.

by Anonymousreply 15501/10/2013

The USFSA begged Johnny Weir to come back because they are desperate for publicity. Nobody outside of the FSU fraus, even knows who Evan is anymore.

by Anonymousreply 15601/10/2013

[quote] The USFSA begged Johnny Weir to come back because they are desperate for publicity.

Weir ***BOMBING*** at his last competition is not what the USFSA had in mind.

by Anonymousreply 15701/10/2013

US Figure Skating (it hasn't been called USFSA in almost a decade) did most certainly not beg Weir to return. They were supportive of his comeback once he announced it, but they did not beg him for anything. If they had begged him, Johnny would have been all too happy to say so, repeatedly. Quit faking being an insider, R156.

by Anonymousreply 15801/10/2013

It appears Weir has run out of money. He's selling his designer clothes and accessories on eBay with a "portion" of the profits going to charity. People have predicted this would happen many times over the years whenever he flaunted his exorbitant spending habits.

by Anonymousreply 15901/10/2013

Balde-Abbott? Now THAT is new gossip!

by Anonymousreply 16001/13/2013

[quote]Paul Poirier is not gay. If Paul was gay Skate Canada would have marginalized him already.

Are you kidding me? Of course he is gay. You've lost all credibility this time, Skate Canada troll.

by Anonymousreply 16101/13/2013

I really cannot stand Johnny Weir. And now he's supposed to be on some new cooking reality show? He's not even known for his skating as he is for being a famewhore. I think he'd have his proctology exams filmed for Bravo if he could find an audience.

by Anonymousreply 16201/13/2013

Well he did show his naked ass on his show, R162, so he's made the first step. . .

by Anonymousreply 16301/13/2013

Paul Poirier has never declared, so until that happens, I think he is heterosexual and I may just be right.

Some skaters, to me, appear far more gay, like Scott Moir. Scotts voice is like a girls voice and he keeps talking about how Tessa and him are just friends. That sounds like a faghag relationship to me. How can a truly heterosexual male skate with a girl for 10 years and be just friends? It is not possible. Plus Scott was set up in an blatant and obviously fake relationship with Jessica Dube. If that is not suspicious, I don't know what is.

But not Paul. Paul has 2 brothers and rarely do gay guys come from all male families. The environment is just too macho. So we will just have to wait and see if Paul tells the world. But right now, Paul Poirier appears heterosexual and Scott Moir appears gay.

by Anonymousreply 16401/13/2013

[quote]Paul Poirier has never declared, so until that happens, I think he is heterosexual and I may just be right.

Oh, my. Are you being serious? You sound like an IMDB fangirl when you talk like that. Someone is presumed straight until it is 'proven' they are gay ? That's the way some fangirls used to be about Clay Aiken, Zachary Quinto & Ricky Martin. Until it's officially confirmed, we must assume they are straight even if the evidence is about 90% likely that they are gay.

Paul is a FLAMING gay. He's not even a 'masculine' gay like Henry Cavill who can fool a lot of straights. He barely even tries to hide it. Look at all the interview clips on the Paul Poirier thread here where people commented on his gay voice.

Listen to this interview and tell me he is straight:

by Anonymousreply 16501/13/2013

I'm glad Jeffrey Buttle is finally out, as I think he's a cutie.

by Anonymousreply 16601/13/2013

W&W for r163.

by Anonymousreply 16701/13/2013

Anyone looking forward to Nationals?

by Anonymousreply 16801/13/2013

[quote] Anyone looking forward to Nationals?

So you can see Johnny Weir ***BOMB*** again?

by Anonymousreply 16901/13/2013

Probably Paul Poirier. He and his new American partner didn't get to go to Worlds last year because she didn't have Canadian citizenship yet. If they make the Canadian podium next week (very likely) they get to go to Worlds.

by Anonymousreply 17001/13/2013

[quote] She was at that celebrity Huckabee fundraiser in 2008

Link please

[quote]and was FIRST appointed to her position by George W. Bush.

First off it was a volunteer position. Second it was a NON-partisan position.

Interview when she took the NON-partisan, volunteer position

SI: Are you a Democrat or a Republican?

Kwan: I'm an athlete (laughs). That's a good one to use when someone asks you that question: I just skate.

SI: What does your unpaid position entail?

Kwan: On my trip to Beijing, Guangzhou and Hong Kong in January, I spoke to students and young people about my personal experience. Hopefully, what I talked about—working hard, dedication, family values—they can apply to their lives.

SI: Could you do this job without sharing the views of the Administration?

Kwan: That's why this position is so great: It's not my personal or political views. It's just about my experiences. That's what I'm going to talk about. Questions about what's going on in Iraq or U.S.- China relations—you know what? I have no right to comment on that.

by Anonymousreply 17101/13/2013

Elvis Stojko is about to go on another rant about changing the image of mens figure skating airing March of 2013. The CBC gave him another Documentary. Patrick Chan is also parking himself on Elvis Stojko's side this time.

by Anonymousreply 17201/13/2013

God, Elvis had a great butt, but Judas Priest, his face could stop Big Ben.

by Anonymousreply 17301/13/2013

How so, R172?

by Anonymousreply 17401/14/2013

Kwan is a DADT Republican. Just more proof she knows the Republican Parties anti-gay policies hurt her fellow figure skaters.

by Anonymousreply 17501/14/2013

R175 see R171

by Anonymousreply 17601/14/2013

If Kwan wasn't a Republican she would just answer the freakin' question. There is no shame in being a Democrat.

I read R171 and that says she knows how anti-gay Republicans are AND she knows how many gays are in figure skating, so she chooses to shut up about being Republican herself.

by Anonymousreply 17701/14/2013

R177 life according to R175

by Anonymousreply 17801/14/2013

There's no evidence that Kwan is a Republican. She was an athlete who accepted a non-partisan position from a President to represent her country. You act like she ran for office under the Republican banner.

Now we see she has not only accepted a position in the Obama Administration, but is engaged to a man who comes from a prominent Democratic Rhode Island family.

by Anonymousreply 17901/14/2013

Even if Kwan isn't a Republican, which she is and isn't some secret in the figure skating world, nothing changes the fact that she dated a HUGE ANTI-GAY ACTIVIST when she paraded around with Christian Anschultz. He's vile. She loved him. She stayed with him for almost three years. She's a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 18001/14/2013

Now be gone, Rex.

by Anonymousreply 18101/14/2013

Who is Rex?

by Anonymousreply 18201/14/2013

There might actually be a genuine heterosexual male figure skater (closet cases who say they are straight not included), Richard Dornbush.

Here is my theory, no closet case in figure skating (or in any other profession) will be seen within 10 feet of Johnny Weir, unless they are standing on a podium. Here is a picture of Dornbush actually walking beside Weir after some sort of diner, so Dornbush must actually be genuinely heterosexual.

by Anonymousreply 18301/14/2013

Rex is the male name for Roxanne.

by Anonymousreply 18401/17/2013

I think the broadcast of the Canadian Championships begins tomorrow night on CTV.

by Anonymousreply 18501/17/2013

CTV = Conservative TV. Canada's biggest supporter of anti-gay PM Stephen Harper. The FoxNews of Canada. Yeah, Skate Canada would definitely side with these types.....

by Anonymousreply 18601/18/2013

ENOUGH, R186 - keep your political nonsense out of this thread.

by Anonymousreply 18701/19/2013

the Canadian Championships started tonight.

Points for discussion so far:

1. Canadian pairs champion Eric Radford was the feature of a profile exploring how he was bullied as a child for wanting to be a figure skater, but it stayed away from the issue of sexual orientation and did not mention the word gay.

2. World Champion Patrick Chan revealed that he went to Hawaii with his girlfriend after the Grand Prix Final in December to relax and get his season back on track.

by Anonymousreply 18801/19/2013

Evan Lysacek withdraws from U.S. Nationals:

by Anonymousreply 18901/19/2013

R188 gives us a nice picture of what things have increasing become like in Canada after the election of an anti-gay National Government (Stephen Harper).

The USA and its institutions are becoming less homophobic and Canada and its institutions, in this case National Figure Skating, are becoming more homophobic.

Chan/Browning/Stojko/Pelletier/Bezic/Manley/Kwong and the CBC..........the anti-Weir movement driven from Canada - Buttle being forced to side with them, just exposes the enormous power and control they have.

I predict this Conservative movement will lead to record low levels of TV and live audience viewership.

The sponsorship choices tell a tale.

NESTLE vs KRAFT: Kraft has easily been a world leader in LGBT workplace equality. Nestle, on the other hand, is the food service company which has always dragged its feet until the law mandated equality.

CANADIAN TIRE vs HOME DEPOT: Home Depot has also, easily been the leader in LGBT workplace equality. Canadian Tire, the opposite, they even have a reversal track record (see link in above threads). Where 7 years ago, they stopped a TV crew using a Canadian Tire location because the scene dealt with a gay male relationship.

If I had to take a guess at what happened behind closed doors, it seems that Skate Canada had no sponsors, until they sent their skaters to Ottawa and took promo shots with the Conservative PM and several Conservative MPs (including one MP who is the MP in charge of Womens affairs and rapidly against and trying now to ban all abortions - see link)

Then......Skate Canada gets an entire slate of new Corporate sponsors with less than pro gay backgrounds and female MP against abortion.

The gay community knows damn well how this game is played.

by Anonymousreply 19001/19/2013

R190, could you please give that stuff a rest this year? It kind of spoils the thread to make it all about those theories.

I want this to be a thread where we talk about the skating competitions and the skaters themselves - not your theory that Skate Canada and Stephen Harper (who has far more important things to do than worry about figure skaters) are involved in some sort of anti-gay conspiracy.

by Anonymousreply 19101/19/2013

I'm sure discussion will turn back to the skaters performances once US nationals take off. It is just that Skate Canada has been and continues to be particularity nasty with the gay community, so that trumps the on-ice stuff.

This tread will be about the athletes again next week in Omaha 2013.

by Anonymousreply 19201/19/2013

So what do you think about Patrick Chan? Is he really straight like he claims? He pings to me.

by Anonymousreply 19301/19/2013

Chan has to be completely heterosexual, else Skate Canada wouldn't hype him so much. Apparently his mom is a nasty piece of business and the big force behind (with the Moir Sisters, Alma and Carol) Skate Canada's tough campaign.

by Anonymousreply 19401/19/2013

Does Patrick Chan continue to look mentally challenged?

by Anonymousreply 19501/19/2013

Paul's firm butt and toned legs on display in this rather silly exhibition:

by Anonymousreply 19601/20/2013

Paul Poirier & Piper Gilles (an American who moved to Canada to skate with Paul) are in 2nd place to Olympic Champions Virtue & Moir after the short program.

by Anonymousreply 19701/20/2013

Euro Champions

Pairs podium

1) Volosozhar/Trankov (Russia) 2) Savcheno/Szolkowy (Germany) 3) Beron/Hotarek (Italy)

Ice Daning after the short: 1) Ekaterina Bobrova / Dmitri Soloviev 69.42 2) Elena Ilinykh / Nikita Katsalapo 68.98 3) Anna Cappellini / Luca Lanotte 66.53 4) Ekaterina Riazanova / Ilia Tkachenko 64.52

Men after the short: 1) Amodio 89.82 2) Fernandez 88.8 3) Joubert 83.93 4) Brezina 79.84 5) Voronov 78.38 6) Plushenko 74.82

Plushenko withdraws from the race after this result

by Anonymousreply 19801/24/2013

I want Joubert to beat Amodio and Fernandez!

by Anonymousreply 19901/24/2013

It's going to be a disappointing year for DL at the US Nationals this week.

DL fave Rockne Brubaker and his bubble butt aren't competing this year because his partner left the sport last summer and he hasn't found a new girl to skate with yet.

by Anonymousreply 20001/24/2013

Euro Champs. Ice Dance podium 1) Ekaterina Bobrova / Dmitri Soloviev 2) Elena Ilinykh / Nikita Katsalapov 3) Anna Cappellini / Luca Lanotte

very close between the 2 Russian couples

by Anonymousreply 20101/25/2013

Can you tell me what channel this is being televised?

by Anonymousreply 20301/25/2013

Former figure skater here. I used to train with Rockne Brubaker BEFORE he was a pairs skater. He himself always had a nice disposition but mom and little brother were absolute monsters. They would talk shit about other skaters and they knew back then that Rockne's lack of grace meant that he would have to do pairs or quit.

OP, the USFSA was very clear that Michelle Kwan wasn't going to return back to skating years ago. She is now living in DC working for the White House and practices yoga daily instead of skating to keep herself fit and flexible like back in her Olympic days.

I mentioned this in another thread before, but I used to train with Evan Lysacek and he's always been extremely talented and disciplined skater but his personality makes him kind of a dud. That's why he's not marketable like Johnny Weir.

by Anonymousreply 20401/25/2013

[quote]used to train with Rockne Brubaker BEFORE he was a pairs skater. He himself always had a nice disposition

Describe what you saw of Rockne's ass.

Also please tell us: is he straight?

by Anonymousreply 20501/26/2013

Bump for old time figure skating semi-insider (Naperville? Rockford?)

by Anonymousreply 20601/26/2013

At the Euro Championships, Fernandez dominated the long programme taking the gold. Amodio won silver while Brezina got bronze instead of his 400th 4th place. Joubert was pushed out of the podium.

On the female side, Caroline Koster squeezed home barely ahead of the 2 16 years old Russian girls.

by Anonymousreply 20701/26/2013

US Nats - pairs were traditionally awful. Don't know why our pairs are so heinous. Ice dancing too, was like watching paint dry. And I don't think mens' or ladies' will be anything interesting either.

by Anonymousreply 20801/26/2013

R205 Rockne is very much straight and has always been hot. I was much younger than him and couldn't help but think he was sexy even back then.

R206 Not from either of those places. That's where they lived, not where they trained. No skater trains in their hometown so you clearly know something about Chicago but nothing about skating.

by Anonymousreply 20901/26/2013

Damn, I want to shoot my hot load through Charlie White's blond curls.

by Anonymousreply 21001/26/2013

Charlie is plain and Meryl is homely.

by Anonymousreply 21101/26/2013

FSU fraus are all fucking upset because of this article by Christine Brennan...

by Anonymousreply 21201/26/2013

Charlie was born to perform in Brokeback Mountain On Ice. But who could skate the Gyllenhaal role?

by Anonymousreply 21301/26/2013

Christine brennan has wanted to snack on Kwans snatch for years

by Anonymousreply 21401/26/2013

R211, if Charlie is plain and Meryl is homely than why did NBC air their complete free program at the beginning of tonight's prime time coverage? Moron.

Gracie Gold is a star. She's 17, blonde and the camera loves her. She also gave a good interview with that old yenta Andrea Joyce. The vultures shall descend.

by Anonymousreply 21501/26/2013

Gracie, who didn't fall, came in second after Ashley Wagner who fell twice but apparently fluttered her arms better. Nice to know that the scoring system is still screwed up.

by Anonymousreply 21601/26/2013

David Pelletier would play the Gyllenhall role.

by Anonymousreply 21701/26/2013

Yeah, but Ashley is the current champion.

by Anonymousreply 21801/26/2013

last year's champion still fell twice. Do you get points for scoring well the year before? same old, same old.

by Anonymousreply 21901/26/2013

This is why I gave up on skating! Fucking sucks!!!

by Anonymousreply 22001/26/2013

Mirai Nagasu was robbed! Ashley was totally held up. Terrible judging.

by Anonymousreply 22101/26/2013

Adam Rippon has an amazing butt. Brandon Mroz is cute but does not seem to enjoy skating at all. Please stop mentioning Gracie Gold. I'm not paying attention to this Kazar guy - he doesn't even hava a triple Axel - JUNIORS have them!! And this guy is 26??

by Anonymousreply 22201/27/2013

Aabbott, what happened? I wish they could award points on looks alone, you'd still be the champ by far.

by Anonymousreply 22301/27/2013

Abbott should hang up those skates now. First place after the short program and he totally gives it up. RETIRE ALREADY.

by Anonymousreply 22401/27/2013

why should we stop mentioning Gracie Gold, O Wise Skater Man of R222?

by Anonymousreply 22501/27/2013

Gracie Gold is the first little bitch to come along in my lifetime who puts me in mind of that little bitch Lacy (?) in Ice Castles. Gracie Gold is the total package. Pretty as hell, perfect body and girl can skate. Ashley Wagner is a frump who falls.

by Anonymousreply 22601/27/2013

we're mentioning Gracie because she got robbed by Ashley "I Got More Points Because I didn't Suck last year" Wagner. She should have won last night.

by Anonymousreply 22701/27/2013

No Americans on the podium at Worlds, two spots max at the Olympics in pairs, men's and women's singles.

The commentating was awful last night. Sandra Bezic actually said that she had never seen anything like Agnes Zawadzki's rough long program. Uhh... Nancy Kerrigan at the 93 Worlds, Michelle Kwan at 97 Nationals, Tonya Harding 92 Worlds, Nicole Bobek 95 Worlds, etc.....

by Anonymousreply 22801/27/2013

That should be no American's other than ice dancing.

by Anonymousreply 22901/27/2013

Sandra is insufferably snotty at times. Wonder where that comes from.

by Anonymousreply 23001/27/2013

Someone please feed Scott a bullet!

Where's Dick B?

by Anonymousreply 23101/27/2013

R225, R222 here. I'm sorry, I was not trying to be O Great Skater Man. And I certainly was not begrudging anyone HERE about Gracie. It was just Scott and Sandra injecting her name everywhere, asking others what they thought of Gracie. Why not just say that they did not agree with the judges decision to the camera?

by Anonymousreply 23201/27/2013

R221 In 2010, Ashley beat Mirai in the LP, and Mirai went to the Olympics. Wagner is the highest ranked woman skater in the US, she's the best chance for three spots at the Olympics next year.

by Anonymousreply 23301/27/2013

Felt a bit bad for Jeremy Abbott today, but it wasn't exactly a shock to see what happened. Year after year he lacks the mental toughness to stay focused and skate a clean program.

He reminds me of former Canadian champion Emanuel Sandhu. The years are ticking by. Jeremy is no longer 19 years old. He is now in his late 20's. The time to get on the World & Olympic podium may be gone.

by Anonymousreply 23401/28/2013

Disliked having to listen to Scott Hamilton today after finding out last year that he is a Republican and a Romney supporter.

by Anonymousreply 23501/28/2013

[quote]David Pelletier would play the Gyllenhall role.

David Pelletier is about as straight as you can get. Wouldn't have gay sex in a million years. He has cheated on both of his wives so far, including his 2nd wife, Jamie Sale.

[quote]Charlie was born to perform in Brokeback Mountain On Ice.

Charlie White is also apparently straight. Is involved in a sexual relationship with former Ice Dancer Tanith Belbin.

by Anonymousreply 23601/28/2013

Gracie Gold is a star, and her jumps and spins are outstanding. That final scratch spin - when was the last time we saw a program end that way? Dick Button would have loved it. She is blonde, white and young enough that America will eat her up before the 2014 Ols. She'll be 18, better artistically and she will wipe Yu Na Kim and those horrific Japanese skaters off the map. Wait and see...

The men looked good. Adam Rippon stuck in 5th place bugs me - he should have beaten Jeremy. Abbott does have the best artistic impression. In the good ole days, he might have won the free with a 5.7 5-9 over Aaaron who might have scored 5-9 5-7.

by Anonymousreply 23701/28/2013

Adam Rippon is younger than Jeremy, and while he no doubt wants to go to the 2014 Olympics, if he misses out he'll get another chance when Jeremy retires.

I think next season is Jeremy Abbott's last chance. If he doesn't put it together, I think he will retire.

Btw, anyone else notice how big and tight Jeremy's ass looked in the free program today?

by Anonymousreply 23801/28/2013

Gracie Gold does have that spark. I watched the women's long and found myself bored out of my mind. Then Gracie took to the ice and I was finally interested in a performance. I agreed with Sandra in that Gracie's jumps were Gold medal worthy, but her choreography was first year senior. When she gets more polish, she could be a real star.

by Anonymousreply 23901/28/2013

Jeremy = sideway mouth FUG!

by Anonymousreply 24001/28/2013

Anyone here met Jeremy Abbott?

by Anonymousreply 24101/28/2013

R2136 Charlie White is still using TB as his cover? These things have usually fallen apart by now.

by Anonymousreply 24201/28/2013

R242, are you seriously suggesting that Charlie White is gay?

Why do you have trouble accepting he is straight?

by Anonymousreply 24301/28/2013

Because Evan Lysacek was with TB before.

by Anonymousreply 24401/28/2013

And also Feodor Andreev

by Anonymousreply 24501/28/2013

but Charlie White & Tanith Belbin have basically revealed that they are having sex together. They even bought a house together.

by Anonymousreply 24601/28/2013

Like that means anything R246.

Here is America's new hope Max Aaron.

by Anonymousreply 24701/28/2013

Why would they fake something like that?

by Anonymousreply 24801/28/2013

Well I offered to buy a house with a straight woman and I'm an out and proud gay.

Maybe they are really in love. I don't know.

by Anonymousreply 24901/28/2013

They said in PEOPLE magazine a couple of years ago that they wake up together in the same bed.

How much more open can you get?

by Anonymousreply 25001/28/2013

I agree R240 but, when you fall twice, you should lose more points in artistic expression because falls ruins the choreography in a big way. So sloppy choreography or not, Gracie should have won. The winner fucking fell twice.

by Anonymousreply 25101/28/2013

Didn't Tanith break up with Fedor because of his bi leanings? He got busted fooling around with an ice dancer, according to the old departed GGMB's figure skating page. A male ice dancer named Ryan O'Meara.

by Anonymousreply 25201/28/2013

Is Max Aaron a fag? His eyebrows and big square fuckable ass say yes.

by Anonymousreply 25301/28/2013

[quote]Anyone here met Jeremy Abbott?

He's actually very sweet, and handsome in person.

by Anonymousreply 25401/28/2013

I didn't realize Max Aaron had a buff body, he was actually showing off his arms.

by Anonymousreply 25501/28/2013

r254 = fat frau

by Anonymousreply 25601/28/2013

R256, it's none of your business on how much I weigh. Since you want to be rude, I won't mention more information on Jeremy Abbott.

by Anonymousreply 25701/28/2013

r257 = frau cunt.

by Anonymousreply 25801/28/2013

Jeremy Abbott has a tiny head.

by Anonymousreply 25901/28/2013

Honey, Jeremy Abbott has never been handsome and never will be "in person" or not.

Sheeeeesh!

by Anonymousreply 26001/28/2013

Love Max Aaron. Finally! An American with some balls.

That sweet little ass better be gay though!

by Anonymousreply 26101/28/2013

Is Max Aaron a Jewish boy?

by Anonymousreply 26201/29/2013

[quote]Is Max Aaron a fag? His eyebrows and big square fuckable ass say yes.

Almost all male single skaters are gay, particularly in the U.S.

I would venture to say that he is.

by Anonymousreply 26301/29/2013

[quote]Didn't Tanith break up with Fedor because of his bi leanings?

I don't know. Fedor has always maintained that he is straight as far as I know. Was there ever any proof that Fedor likes guys? Where is he now?

by Anonymousreply 26401/29/2013

Loved Gracie AND the girl who skated right after her - Sonia?? She was from the New York area that got pounded by Sandy. Her program, jumps, artistry should have placed her 2nd in the free. Don't know how she only ended up 8th???

by Anonymousreply 26501/29/2013

What does Fedor do now that he has left figure skating?

by Anonymousreply 26601/29/2013

R265 Samantha Cesario

In other skating news a coach who works at the rink Michelle Kwan owns was arrested last week rrested on several counts of molestation.

by Anonymousreply 26701/29/2013

Fedor is a model

by Anonymousreply 26801/29/2013

The World Championships are in London in 6 weeks? I wonder if Max Aaron and Tom Daley will hook up.

by Anonymousreply 26901/30/2013

London, Ontario, Canada

by Anonymousreply 27001/30/2013

[quote]Fedor is a model

Still? I know he was a decade ago when he was younger and in skating, but is he still modelling?

by Anonymousreply 27101/30/2013

I don't get a gay vibe off Max Aaron. His teammate Ross Miner also seems straight.

by Anonymousreply 27201/30/2013

R272, sometimes guys like Aaron and Miner 'seem straight' merely compared to their more flaming teammates.

They are gay, just not on fire.

by Anonymousreply 27301/30/2013

Isn't Fedor with Meryl Davis now?

by Anonymousreply 27401/30/2013

Have no idea, R274. Is there an article that says he is?

by Anonymousreply 27501/30/2013

some Canadian gossip. I dated Emanuel Sandhu for a month.

-Patrick Chan is straight. Pleasant, nice, focused but decidedly heterosexual

-Jeremy Ten is gay and out in his personal life, he bombed hard a few weeks ago because of physical problems.

-Manny (Emanuel) is a narcissist, but as with many other who also are is very very sadly damaged emotionally. He cries a lot, feels that there is no-one in the world who loves on a personal level, and his screwed up family situation weighed on him for a long time. He came back to competition so he could leave on his own terms. He has a lot of to be proud of that he doesn't get credit for, and I was proud of him.

-Jeff Buttle is not out publicly, as I've seen posted elsewhere on datalounge. emanuel is (and did an xtra west cover story years ago).

by Anonymousreply 27602/02/2013

Manny (Emanuelwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

NO MORE P CHAN & YUNA KIMCHI

by Anonymousreply 27702/02/2013

>>Almost all male single skaters are gay, particularly in the U.S.

lol

by Anonymousreply 27902/02/2013

Gracie Gold Blond

wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwうわあああああ・・・・。

by Anonymousreply 28002/02/2013

Allegedly Fedor got a blowjob from that ginger ice dancer Ryan O'Meara. This was brought up at one of the frau skating sites, but quickly deleted. I also read it at the old GGMB.

by Anonymousreply 28102/02/2013

But was it something that sounded plausible? How would anyone know unless someone saw them?

Was it just a hot fantasy of a fan, or a rumor with substance behind it?

by Anonymousreply 28202/03/2013

[quote]I dated Emanuel Sandhu for a month.

Did you just go on dates during this month, or did you get to have sex with him?

by Anonymousreply 28302/03/2013

STOP IT!

Patrick Chan IS gay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 28402/03/2013

[quote]Patrick Chan IS gay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How do you know?

At Nationals last month he said he went to Hawaii with his girlfriend over the Christmas holidays.

by Anonymousreply 28502/03/2013

both, R283. He does like to be a princess, but is romantic and good at making an effort to make someone feel good. Our schedules didn't sync up, but we still talk.

by Anonymousreply 28602/04/2013

Well, what else can you tell us, R286 if you had sex with Eman? Is he a bottom? Did you just do oral? Is he uncut?

by Anonymousreply 28702/05/2013

Evan Lysocek was on the today show, skated and he still has it. Glad he is back.

by Anonymousreply 28802/06/2013

R288, I think that's as far as Evan's skating will go.

by Anonymousreply 28902/06/2013

Kevin Reynolds did so well and won in Japan. I'm so proud of him! His jumps are amazing and he's such a nice guy. He's probably gay too. Granted, his not a looker, but who cares? It's much easier to root for him than the obnoxious cocky douchebag Patrick Chan though.

by Anonymousreply 29002/11/2013

I'm pretty sure Kevin Reynolds is gay.

by Anonymousreply 29102/11/2013

Yep, R291. I think so too. And hopefully homophobic Skate Canada won't force him to quit like they did with the other gay skaters. Kevin Reynolds is really good and has a lot of potential. His quads are amazing. People keep saying he cheats on the quads sometimes, he doesn't fully rotate, so he gets downgraded, that's his main problem. His jumps are not high enough. I know some of his quads in the SP got downgraded. But other than that the technical elements are always well executed. What he's lacking is a bit on the program elements, he's still got some work to do there. But he's doing quite well, finally. I think the judges are full of shit sometimes though, like they clearly favorite some skaters, and I feel they've always been extremely harsh on Kevin Reynolds, and his jumps. The unlikeable Patrick Chan can fall but still win everything. What I don't like about the sport is that it's so full of corruption. That, and Skate Canada is run by homophobic people. I feel like they always set Patrick Chan up to be Canada's, and people's, favorite skater, but then he went ahead and said "I'd rater skate for China", and it all came crashing down. It's nice to finally have someone to cheer for in Kevin Reynolds. I feel like Skate Canada started to push him more after Patrick Chan became so unlikeable, at the end of the day, the results matter more than who's gay, and right now Kevin Reynolds is doing well, and can save the popularity of the sport in Canada. They finally have someone to root for again, after the unlikable asshole Patrick Chan. On top of that Kevin is most likely gay, which is kinda nice after all the homophobic BS that the organization has pulled the last few years.

Sorry that became so long, rant over.

by Anonymousreply 29202/11/2013

I used to dislike Patrick Chan's arrogance, but he seems to have toned it down this year. Perhaps now that he has lost to a couple of people like Fernandez and Hanyu he has realized he isn't always #1.

Chan was on George S.'s program on CBC a few days ago and seemed more humble than usual. At the Nationals last month he said he was in Hawaii over the holidays with his girlfriend. But he kind of pings to me.

I'm looking forward to seeing Paul Poirier at Worlds again this year. He and his new partner Piper just finished 3rd in the Free Dance over the weekend at Four Continents.

by Anonymousreply 29302/11/2013

I don't know, R293.. I still dislike Patrick Chan. His "I'd rather skate for China" comment was really off putting.

by Anonymousreply 29402/14/2013

I don't think he quite said it like that, R294

by Anonymousreply 29502/14/2013

I know, R95. But it still left a bad taste in my mouth, and that isn't the only reason I dislike him either. He constantly makes a point of the fact that he's straight, and he's always scored too high. You have someone like Kevin Reynolds who in reality is a better skater than Patrick, and he's constantly robbed. It's just unfair. Also, Kevin is gay so I'd rather root for him than the unpleasant Patrick Chan.

by Anonymousreply 29602/14/2013

Kevin Reynolds has been pretty inconsistent until recently. If he starts performing well like he did at 4 Continents last week, he will start moving up the standings.

by Anonymousreply 29702/14/2013

I agree, R297. He has, that has been his biggest problem. But hopefully he'll do better now. Maybe he just needed that confidence boost from winning, who knows. He's got great potential for sure though. He just needs to be more consistent.

Also.. I've been so out of the loop. I only now watched the European championships, and Javier Fernandez did amazing! I love his skating. He made history by becoming the first Spanish skater to win the European championships. He seems like such a nice guy too. I don't get the bias in here though.. why didn't people want him to win? Why did everyone root for Brian Joubert? hmm..

by Anonymousreply 29802/14/2013

Patrick Chan & Johnny Weir.

Ping.

by Anonymousreply 29902/14/2013

R287, I know the dl is a gossip haven, but that's as far as I'm gonna. Manny and I still talk and I don't wanna sell him out like that. I will be and honest and say he's goooooood.

Lots of posters on this thread say Patrick Chan is gay or "pings". He's straight. Dull, not particularly personable, often sullen, competitive, enjoys his status....but straight straight straight. Sorry ladies. Kevin Reynolds is on our team tho!

by Anonymousreply 30002/15/2013

R300, thanks so much for your gossip! It's much appreciated. I'm not surprised about Patrick Chan. Sure, he pings a bit, but some straight guys just happen to be slightly *insert the e-word here*. Kevin Reynolds on the other hand.. definitely gay.

BTW.. I'm glad to have the thread back! Not long now until the world championships either. What's your predictions? I think it's extremely likely that a japanese will win. They're just too good. Patrick Chan.. idk. He hasn't done that well lately tbh. But I'm sure he'll at least get on the podium, since he's competing at home. I'm most excited about Javier Fernandez though, and Kevin Reynolds (is he competing?), I'm wondering what Brian Joubert will be able to do too.. he missed the podium at the european championships, but hopefully he'll do better at worlds.

by Anonymousreply 30102/19/2013

R300, you at least need to tell us whether Eman is uncut.

by Anonymousreply 30202/19/2013

Are the World Championships in London next week?

by Anonymousreply 30303/03/2013

Yes, R303. Worlds start in about a week and a half in Canada.

by Anonymousreply 30403/04/2013

Can someone please start a thread for the world championships? It starts in less than a week!

by Anonymousreply 30503/04/2013

....and the Worlds TV numbers are in. They captured less than 50% of Worlds 2012 viewers.

by Anonymousreply 30604/01/2013

It's a horrible sport. It had it's very long moment. But, I'm sure it well make a comeback if there's some more marketable stars.

by Anonymousreply 30704/01/2013

I feel like Dave and Jenny are going to punch each other one of these days lol

I love that they are going to start talking about Gymnastics.

by Anonymousreply 30806/02/2013

What happened to the 2015 National Championships thread?

by Anonymousreply 30901/26/2015

[quote]What happened to the 2015 National Championships thread?

The first thread got locked or eaten...try this one instead.

by Anonymousreply 31001/26/2015
Need more help? Click Here.