Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Madonna Buys Lola A Flat For Her 16th Birthday

Bet Madge has saved up to fund Lola's abortions too.

WHEN we turned 16, we made do with some Topshop vouchers and a trip to Pizza Hut.

So imagine our envy when we heard Madonna had bought little Lourdes her own flippin' apartment suite for her sweet sixteenth.

We previously reported that Lourdes had been rebelling against matriarch Madge, 54.

And now a source tells us that when things recently came to a head, Madge decided this was the solution.

The teen's pad is just a few blocks from the family home on the exclusive Upper East side of Manhattan and is also close to the Kaballah Centre with which the family are deeply involved.

Because of its location, the global superstar is confident that the apartment will give her daughter the freedom she craves whilst still enabling her to keep an eye on the little madam.

Lourdes has been acting up recently because of the strains of her mum's lengthy MDNA tour and had been threatening to move in with her dad, personal trainer Carlos Leon, 46.

It seems that this ploy worked on soft-touch Madge and she made Lourdes the offer.

Naturally, Lourdes was said to have been delighted.

We're told : "Lourdes was thrilled. She wants it done up to her taste and then it'll be decided who shares with her and when she moves in."

Madge is said to have bought the place for an undisclosed amount but according to our source it is "in a secure block with a lot of security and access to a swimming pool and gym".

In other words, rather pricey.

by Anonymousreply 5711/20/2012

She never liked this girl.

by Anonymousreply 110/29/2012

My, how we're quaint.

by Anonymousreply 210/29/2012

That is not a good solution to teenage rebellion!! What a big mistake she is making...

by Anonymousreply 310/29/2012

ITA R3. That's way too young to be living on your own. But Madonna was rebellious herself at a young age and maybe she fears the girl will run off with some loser boyfriend if she doesn't give her a little breathing space. It might be a good move if that's the case. This way she can still keep an eye on her.

by Anonymousreply 410/29/2012

the little cunt should move in with Bobbie Kristina

by Anonymousreply 510/29/2012

Wow, for all her business savvy Madonna really is an idiot, isn't she? And I think this whole fiasco has more to do with wanting to show up the father instead of the daughter's well-being. I guess a stint in rehab will be Lourdes' 17th birthday present.

by Anonymousreply 610/29/2012

Awww, I doubt it will go as far as rehab, but Madonna and daught are probably in a classic co-dependent relationship. I bet Lourdes knows how to manipulate the shit out of her mom.

by Anonymousreply 710/29/2012

In the US we have various types of unit occupancy; apartment rental, condominium ownership, cooperative ownership, time share and the like. All I hear in the UK is 'bought a flat' and 'rents a flat'. So Madge bought Lola a condo?

by Anonymousreply 810/29/2012

This has disaster written all over it.

by Anonymousreply 910/29/2012

Some people believe anything. Where's the proof that this really happened? Or, if she did purchase another flat, that it's for Lola's use?

by Anonymousreply 1010/29/2012

Didn't Bob Geldof do this with his kids? He and his partner lived in one flat and the girls in another ... yeah, that turned out well.

by Anonymousreply 1110/29/2012

I agree with R1. I think it's because she's chip off the old block.

by Anonymousreply 1210/29/2012

What did Madonna really expect she passed the cunt gene on to her daughter

by Anonymousreply 1310/29/2012

yeah, r6, buying MANHATTAN real estate is such a bad investment (rolls eyes).

And for whatever you think, it's pretty apparent that Madonna is a devoted mum.

And, think about it, after over 30 years being a global superstar, she's never been in rehab, never embarrassed herself with a scandal involving her kids, family, etc.

by Anonymousreply 1410/29/2012

Just remember: Your 10th abortion is FREE!

by Anonymousreply 1510/29/2012

[italic]And for whatever you think, it's pretty apparent that Madonna is a devoted mum.

And, think about it, after over 30 years being a global superstar, she's never been in rehab, never embarrassed herself with a scandal involving her kids, family, etc.[/italic]

Madonna gave your country the two finger salute, Tea bag, and she ain't coming back, so stop licking her taint.

by Anonymousreply 1610/29/2012

[quote]Wow, for all her business savvy Madonna really is an idiot, isn't she?

She didn't sign a prenup.

That's all you need to know.

by Anonymousreply 1710/29/2012

It's a good investment and the kid will probably have a nanny (read: bodyguard) living with her. These days Lola probably has a GPS on her phone and computer. Lola is in her junior year at LaGuardia H.S. Years ago (in the late '60's) I was friendly with a fellow teenage girl whose slightly older brother was a senior at Bronx H.S. of Science; his parents rented an apartment near there for him and some classmates so that they could learn to live independently and budget their time and money. He went from there to M.I.T. and his roommates went to similarly-ranked colleges. They're all doing fine. And it removes the disruption a teen will cause the household and the younger children.

by Anonymousreply 1810/29/2012

word has it Lola is already knocked up

by Anonymousreply 1910/29/2012

I want to see some current pics of Lourdes. Remember when she was a hairy beast with a unibrow? I can't believe Madonna let her go around looking like that for years.

by Anonymousreply 2010/29/2012

What about Carlos Leon? Did/does Madonna support him so that Lourdes lifestyle at Carlos's house is similar to Madonna's house? Do Madonna and Carlos have joint custody?

by Anonymousreply 2110/29/2012

This new apartment (prob. a condo -- what co-op board would allow Madge to purchase an apartment in their building?) is directly across the park from Madge/Lola's school. East side flats are a relative bargain these days. When Lola leaves for college Madge can rent it out.

by Anonymousreply 2210/29/2012

It's the least she could do to this poor girl who was conceived with the sole intention of being used as organ donor to mommy

by Anonymousreply 2310/29/2012

Lourdes goes to school on the UWS. Also, it's Performing Arts, so it is obnoxious artsy brats.

by Anonymousreply 2410/29/2012

OK, once again the British newspapers are MAKING SHIT UP.

Here's a reality (and realty) check for all you non-New Yorkers:

LaGuardia HS for the Performing Arts is on Amsterdam Avenue and 66th Street, west of Lincoln Center and 3 loooong blocks from Central Park - it's not "right across the park" from the Upper East Side.

The Kabballah Center is on East 54th Street and Third Avenue (it's on the site of the old Basin Street East nightclub, for you jazz/Peggy Lee fans) - it is also nowhere near Central Park nor is it on the Upper East Side.

Madonna's NY apartment has been on Central Park West (on the Upper WEST Side) forever - she's never lived on the Upper East Side. Every gay boy in NYC knows where her apartment is.

Given the size of Manhattan and the huge number of apartment buildings, why does the Star not give any more clues as to where this apartment is - at least name the neighborhood it might be in....

As for Carlos Leon, he hasn't been a personal trainer in years. Yes, he was one when he and Madge first met (part-time; actually he was a dancer). He's been a successful actor for years (he was a regular on OZ on HBO, has acted on Broadway and has several films coming out) so to offhandedly denigrate him by calling him a personal trainer is yet another example of the British press' ignorance.

They are famous for MAKING SHIT UP and disregarding facts because they want to sell papers in a dying industry. No one cares about the lives of British "celebrities" (go ahead, name 10 who have any kind of interesting lives - Daniel Craig? Daniel Radcliffe? Pippa?) so they make shit up about American stars to fill their pages. They were beyond thrilled when Madonna moved to the UK - they then had the world's greatest star on their turf to write about - and when she left them they'd do anything to insult her, including writing this piffle.

by Anonymousreply 2510/29/2012

You are awfully angry about this R25.

by Anonymousreply 2610/29/2012

R25, I thought Madge had bought 2-3 buildings on the UES and was combining them into one house?

by Anonymousreply 2710/29/2012

Well if it's in the Daily Star it must be true!

by Anonymousreply 2810/29/2012

Oh Madge doesn't need any competition from Lola over her young studfuck of the day.

by Anonymousreply 2910/29/2012

We wonder if the apartment is in Lola's name or if Vadge is keeping it in her own name,that is the real test.

Are there nude photos of Carlos Leon?

by Anonymousreply 3010/29/2012

A minor (under age 18) cannot legally own property on their own in New York State; at the very least, Madge owns the property in trust for Lola until she is 21.

by Anonymousreply 3110/29/2012

Whatever happened to baby-daddy Carlos Leon?

by Anonymousreply 3210/29/2012

Is Madonna jealous of Lola's youth?

by Anonymousreply 3310/29/2012

Not having children myself, I'm not going to say its good or bad. What I can say is if I had that kind of money it would be hard to say no to my kids, especially if I felt guilty about not seeing them enough because of work.

by Anonymousreply 3410/29/2012

When Madonna is around Lourdes is probably the only time she isn't threatened by youth, I bet. Since it's her daughter, she can allow it.

by Anonymousreply 3510/29/2012

It's happening! It's finally happening! Not Frances Bean level. But good enough.

by Anonymousreply 3610/29/2012

YES. I want Lourdes to turn into a wildchild. Give Madonna a massive headache, girl.

by Anonymousreply 3710/29/2012

We must be not long for the Mommy Dearest book she's going to write :)

by Anonymousreply 3810/29/2012

i have said this for years that Lola loathes and fears her mom and Madge is most certainly jealous of her

by Anonymousreply 3910/29/2012

Wow, you really don;t think Madonna has any redeeming qualities R39? Seems a bit distorted to me and I don't consider myself a fan.

by Anonymousreply 4010/29/2012

Can't believe someone copied and pasted a story from the Daily Star. This is the lowest and dirtiest of the rags. Nothing they write can be believed.

by Anonymousreply 4110/29/2012

A friend moved her teen son and daughter into the guest house on the far edge of her property. She paid their utilities and gave them a food allowance. She finally had peace and quiet in her home. They weren't really awful, just teens.

It turned out well for all of them. They both got grad degrees, have good jobs and are nice people to be around.

by Anonymousreply 4210/29/2012

Sounds like this can work out well if you're filthy rich and can afford a nice place in a good area with round the clock surveillance. Constant contact/communication is key. It isn't the same thing as a rebellious, runaway kid trying to survive on their own.

This level of independence can actually be a good carrot to hang over a teen's head. They have to behave responsibly and follow all the rules or they lose their apartment and have to move back home. You have to know your kid too, because there are vast differences among teens--some are very mature and some behave like toddlers.

by Anonymousreply 4310/29/2012

Gosh, I sure hope it does turn out ok for Lourdes. After all, her mother only has hundreds of millions, Lourdes might end up indigent if this wasn't a smart move!

by Anonymousreply 4410/29/2012

If this is true I have to rethink my position of Madonna being one of the better celebrity moms.

by Anonymousreply 4510/29/2012

If I could set my 14 year old up in an apartment i would , baby. It's a rough few years

by Anonymousreply 4610/29/2012

Why don't you just move her out to the guest house on the edge of your estate r46, like r42's friend did? Let her have your old Mercedes and she'll be all set.

by Anonymousreply 4710/29/2012

Someday the world will know what it has been like.

by Anonymousreply 4810/29/2012

R25 -- LaGuardia is "right across the park" in Manahattan-speak -- she'd take the crosstown M57 bus or the M65 (the latter actually goes *across the park*) -- unless her guard drives her through the park to school in the mornings. You can see LaGuardia students waiting for the M57, M65 and M72 buses in the afternoons at 3-ish at 72nd St. & Broadway.

I just realized Madge probably bought the condo as part of the portfolio that composes Lourdes' trust. East side property is good value right now. The cleaning lady can go through Lourdes' things when she's at school to make sure she's not taking major risks, doorman, porter and super and the building's security cameras will keep an eye on her comings and goings.

by Anonymousreply 4910/31/2012

This is so ridiculous. Outside of Kaballah people, her only friends are Lourdes, Melanie and Guy O. Madonna would never let Lourdes live alone. Fake story.

by Anonymousreply 5010/31/2012

She probably has as much contact with her mother, nanny, guard and building staff (complete with video surveillance and a key on her computer and phone) as she would if she were at her mom's house being an annoying 17 year old. And she does have to learn to live on her own; she starts college in 18 mos.

by Anonymousreply 5110/31/2012

by Anonymousreply 5211/02/2012

So if she was poor she'd have to...actually be a parent to a teen like the rest of us?

by Anonymousreply 5311/02/2012

R25 Vadge is selling her apartment and hasn't lived there for a she has a townhouse on the East Side she resides in now.

by Anonymousreply 5411/20/2012

Madge is a whack job. Who the hell buys their 16 year old daughter a flat? Unless of course you're planning on prostituting her.

by Anonymousreply 5511/20/2012

A bit indulgent, if you ask me. So many other ways to deal with obstinate young ladies.

by Anonymousreply 5611/20/2012

I think the Madonna/Lola dynamic is fascinating. Madonna has been a global superstar for 30 years and everyone has always acquiesced to her demands, and she gives off all the signs of being a classic control freak. Then she has a daughter who couldn't give less of a shit who her mom is, just the fact that her mom is her mom. So, like any other teenager, she rebels. And no one has said no to Madonna for as long as she can remember. So it's no shock that them butting heads like this has advanced to the stage that it has.

I remember watching a video of the two of them on YouTube and Lola was acting like a typical petulant teenager and Madonna was trying so hard to impress her and seem cool. It was so tragic and ironic, like an O. Henry story. The legendary trendsetter tries and fails to impress the one person who's opinion still matters to her.

by Anonymousreply 5711/20/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!