Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Brain Tumour

I'm worried I may have a Brain Tumor. What are some warning signs? If I do have one what's the likelihood of survival? Any of your personal brain tumour stories are greatly appreciated?

by Anonymousreply 4711/20/2012

[quote]What are some warning signs?

by Anonymousreply 110/28/2012

Headaches. Memory loss. Are you losing your balance a lot? Vision or motor coordination problems? What are you experiencing?

Brain tumors are pretty bad, and you probably do have one. I think they're usually fatal, but I could be wrong. I'm sorry, OP. :o(

by Anonymousreply 210/28/2012

Have you found yourself contemplating kidnapping or murder?

by Anonymousreply 310/28/2012

[all posts by right wing shit-stain # a removed.]

by Anonymousreply 410/28/2012

A seizure when you've never had one before.

by Anonymousreply 510/28/2012

[quote] Brain Tumour

[quote] I'm worried I may have a Brain Tumor. What are some warning signs?

Misspelling words like "tumor" is a sure sign.

by Anonymousreply 610/28/2012

Depends if it is malignant or not. Friend's sister had one the size of an orange and is now fine.

Why would you think you have a brain tumour op?

by Anonymousreply 710/28/2012

R6, there are some who would claim that it is you who has misspelled tumour.

by Anonymousreply 810/28/2012

R8, I'd like to know who these people are of whom you speak. I will fart in their general direction.

by Anonymousreply 910/28/2012

OP just paid a visit to Dr. Google.

by Anonymousreply 1010/28/2012

Dibs on OP's stuff!!

by Anonymousreply 1110/28/2012

"What are some warning signs?"

Looking for medical advice on DL.

by Anonymousreply 1210/28/2012

Unless you have your own MRI machine in your garage, get your ass to a doctor if you're having serious symptoms of something.

by Anonymousreply 1310/28/2012

R9, fart is a most impolite turn of phrase. Passing wind would be a preferable term if you really must.

by Anonymousreply 1410/28/2012

My mother died of glioblastoma. For her, it was at first terrible headaches, then vision problems, then trouble with balance and finally seizures. Symptoms depend on the location of the tumor.

by Anonymousreply 1510/28/2012

[quote]I'm worried I may have a Brain Tumor. What are some warning signs?

Well, what are you experiencing? Or are you just a hypochondriac doing some symptom shopping?

by Anonymousreply 1610/28/2012

One of the kids in my high school (much lower grade than I) had one, it was discovered after she had a killer of a headache. I remember walking by the principal's office and seeing her laid out over a chair waiting for a parent to pick her up, so out it in pain she didn't move but moaned. She looked awful, gray in the face. I never saw her back in school so I don't know what happened after that, just heard about that it was a tumor from overhearing a teacher telling another they found out she had one.

by Anonymousreply 1710/28/2012

Put a finger as far up your nose as possible & feel around for anything irregular. Repeat the process in both of your ears.

by Anonymousreply 1810/28/2012

Really bad headaches, recurring motor skill issues (e.g., dropping things, shuffling when you walk), and swollen lymph nodes are usually a sign of brain tumors.

by Anonymousreply 1910/28/2012

My mom died of the same thing, R15.

For her the initial symptom was phantom smells.

Prior to her diagnosis she started asking us if we smelled this or that and we always answered "no" but we didn't think anything of it.

Only later did it become clear that it was her tumor causing her to "smell" things.

by Anonymousreply 2010/28/2012

I get lots of headaches especially in my eyeball area or third eye. My beck has been sore alot lately too and it seems to give me a headache. Sometimes my vision is blurry.

by Anonymousreply 2110/28/2012

Oops neck

by Anonymousreply 2210/28/2012

R8, it's a cinch that OP misspelled either tumor or tumour.

by Anonymousreply 2410/28/2012

by Anonymousreply 2510/28/2012

I had a meningioma the size of an orange removed two years ago. Not fun

by Anonymousreply 2610/28/2012

Headaches, personality changes (such as suddenly becoming depressed, anxious, or uninhibited), loss of balance, trouble concentrating, seizures, and incoordination.

Sound like me last Friday night.

by Anonymousreply 2710/28/2012

I thought I had one because I had a slight hearing loss in my left or right ear and I had a spot on my shirt.

by Anonymousreply 2810/28/2012

Seriously, you should see a doctor. Even if there were a neurologist/oncologist/surgeon poking around DL, they wouldn't be able to help you. The ONLY way to diagnose a brain tumor is with an MRI scan, and MILLIONS of things can cause headaches. (Trust me on this one: my bro had a brain tumor as a child. Tumor is gone now, but has an intractable headache and we've seen every famous neurologist in the country--and some garden variety ones--to find the cause. No dice yet.)

by Anonymousreply 2910/28/2012

[quote]What are some warning signs?

Visiting Datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 3010/28/2012

Here OP.

by Anonymousreply 3110/28/2012

OP, what did you have for breakfast?

by Anonymousreply 3210/28/2012

See a doctor, they can help, or it will stop you for worrying if it is nothing.

by Anonymousreply 3310/28/2012

My 11 year old nephew woke up one morning with double vision; he had three operations and then died.

by Anonymousreply 3410/28/2012

I'm really sorry for your loss.

I'm the poster above who had the kid brother with the tumor. While my bro was going through chemo/radiation, I would come down from college during his sessions to be at the hospital with him and my mother. Many of the pediatric cancer patients were on the same schedule, so we saw some of the same kids time after time. Some of them made it, of course, and some of them did not. But I think the worst thing I have ever seen--and will ever see--was watching the effect that the cancer had on their parents: two or three of them that we knew actually became alcoholics. It was so indescribably terrible.

Anyway, I just wanted to say that I am sorry for you.

by Anonymousreply 3510/28/2012

I act like a crazy person.

by Anonymousreply 3610/29/2012

R28, my favorite movie.

by Anonymousreply 3710/29/2012

Why would someone come on a gossip board to ask for a diagnosis of a disease so serious? Isn't that what doctors are for?

by Anonymousreply 3810/29/2012

My friend's cousin had a brain tumor that same shape and size of a vagina. The doctor said it resembled Anne Coulter and saved it in a jar. She died.

by Anonymousreply 3910/29/2012

I had a brain tumor when I was five...also had spinal meningitis and hydrocephalus. I was a mess. With cobalt treatment I survived. Survival rates are much better...but people are never quite the same.

Document your symptoms and see your doctor...they may or may not order a MRI or Cat scan. You wll need to be seen by a neuroligist to get a tumour diagnoses.

by Anonymousreply 4010/29/2012

I've had two. I'm young.

There is NO WAY to tell whether you have a brain tumor. They can be anything from asymptomatic to totally weird or excruciatingly painful.

I'd stop talking about it online and spring for a GP who is willing to refer you to a neurologist or prescribe a scan. Unfortunately, they will probably only order a CT scan at first (which doesn't tell you much), and you will have to keep pestering one doctor or the other to order an MRI/MRA...if the headaches continue. It took me visits to the ER to get one, which diagnosed my second--though in the meantime of this medical red tape, it had already partially ruptured.

P.S. If you ever have a SUDDEN ONSET severe headache, especially if you've never experienced anything like it before, go to the emergency room.

by Anonymousreply 4210/29/2012

by Anonymousreply 4310/29/2012

R20 I am very sorry for the loss of your mother.

and I say that sincerely, however I will use the phrase " Her tumor made her smell things" as often as I can for the next two weeks.

by Anonymousreply 4410/29/2012

44 --

Happy to be able to provide your amusement .... ?

by Anonymousreply 4510/29/2012

I think OP must be dead...

by Anonymousreply 4610/29/2012

R45, why the question mark?

by Anonymousreply 4711/20/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!