Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Stop Gay Racism & Internalised Homophobia On Grindr Website!

NO ASIANS. NO BLACKS. STR8 ACTING CHILL DUDES ONLY. NO FAIRIES. NO FEMMES. NO QUEENS. MASC4MASC. DON’T BE OLD. CLEAN ONLY. NO HOOKUPS. BE NORMAL. SANE & SORTED. REAL MEN ONLY … just harmless sexual preferences, right? WRONG.

This sort of language insults gay racial minorities, men of different ages, men who express their sexuality in ways different to heteromasculine ideals of normativity, men who are proud of being gay and what the gay community has achieved in less than 50 years, men who are living with HIV, men who enjoy sex with other men, men who don’t conform to heteronormative demands for monogamy, and men who don’t like being told by an oppressive over-class how they can and cannot live their lives.

This blog isn’t here to tell you that your sexual preferences are wrong – it is here to criticise you for using language that reinforces mainstream views of how people should live and simultaneously denigrates the culture that non-heterosexual men have carved out since the liberation movement began in 1969. It is here to criticise modern gay men who have reaped all of the benefits the gay rights movement and its culture has fought for and provided, and is now spitting in its face out of an insecure fear of being perceived as “too gay”.

It is here to criticise you for using language that puts down members of your own community, whilst you raise yourself up like you’re somehow from superior stock because you think you’re “hotter” or “more masc” or “more normal” than they are. If you can’t express your sexual preferences without insulting other non-heterosexuals, then there is something wrong with you that needs changing, right away! All of us have suffered in some way from the violence, humiliation, ridicule, and shame heterosexist society has perpetuated against non-heterosexual people.

It’s time, today, for you to stop adding to it with racist and/or homophobic language. Stop projecting heteronormative conventions onto your own community, and start showing everyone just how proud you are to be yourself.

by Anonymousreply 21209/29/2013

You forgot, 'no fats'.

by Anonymousreply 110/28/2012

Stop using Grindr.

People that use Grindr are trash.

This person is embarrassing.

You're looking for disease using that app, and here you are with your biggest issue: racism, and homophobia.

It's like a crack whore demanding that their dealers dress for success before dealing.

Grindr is not the bastion of class, and it's not meant to be, with what it's intended for.

by Anonymousreply 210/28/2012

Is it gay racism if an Asian's ad says "Asians or whites only" or a Black guy's profile says "No Asians or whites"? Or is it gay racist only if a white guy says "No Asians" or "No Blacks"? Just wanted to get that cleared up.

by Anonymousreply 510/28/2012

What R3 said. It's a hook up site. I'd rather some guy say upfront what he does/doesn't want than waste my time, or me his. The only people who would find it racist or homophobic are those who either fit the description, or who lack self-awareness. Harsh, but true. I'm not saying it's right - I'm saying what it is, and we all know it.

by Anonymousreply 610/28/2012

Is it possible to sexually reject 99.9% of the poplation in a poltically correct way?

by Anonymousreply 710/28/2012

What R1-R7 all said.

Grindr is not the place for political correctness at all. People need to be direct with what they're looking for so they don't waste anyone's time.

I'm overweight & hairy, so guess what, I go on Growlr & Scruff instead of Grindr. I know what I am, and that I'm not for everyone, so I go to outlets that are more fitting. Problem solved. I don't get hung up on the people who aren't looking for my type.

by Anonymousreply 810/28/2012

That blogger seems a tad high-strung. I love the post before it where he makes the all too common mistake of thinking, "X is the new black" is a statement about racial politics, not trends and fashion.

by Anonymousreply 910/28/2012

Looks like the cunt apologist has metastasized.

by Anonymousreply 1110/28/2012

I like guys of most descriptions and can find something sexy about most guys. When I see someone with too many qualifications I move on even if I think can meet what they are looking for. I just like men, I am not looking for an illusion.

by Anonymousreply 1410/28/2012

All ads for jobs have some required criteria including those for blow jobs.

by Anonymousreply 1710/28/2012

Where is the line drawn between "fem" and a "fairy"?

by Anonymousreply 2110/28/2012

I fear for the day when cilantro lovers form an interest group and force other people to taste Cilantro, or else *shaking fist*.

by Anonymousreply 2410/28/2012

r26's Dad helped start the Sexual Revolution so he could date blonde cheerleaders.

by Anonymousreply 2910/28/2012

Why "wow"?

If there were a road where you were 7.6 times as likely to get into an accident, and you didn't need to go down that road, would you use it?

by Anonymousreply 3110/28/2012

[quote]Well aren't you a benevolent bigot, [R36].

Yes, in this part of my life, I am a bigot. Now, if you try and expand that my entire life and who I am, they you'd be an idiot like r38 who calls me a racist because I add race to age, looks, weight and all manner of things I consider when having random sex with someone.

Who said anything about being magically protected. Certainly there are a lot of white men who also have HIV/AIDS. Black men are higher risk is all I'm saying. That is the fact. You can choose to ignore that you choose. That's your life.

Now, dating would be a whole different story. But this thread was about using Grindr.

by Anonymousreply 4210/28/2012

stop using Grindr, cunt.

by Anonymousreply 4510/28/2012

Jesus ya'll.

It's who people choose to hook up with for quick, anonymous sex.

They're not saying they'd never be friends with a black person, never hire a black person for a job, never vote for a black person for president, etc etc.

NO advantage would suddenly accrue to black people as a whole if you're magically able to somehow convince uninterested GRINDR users to hook up with blacks.

Let. it. be.

by Anonymousreply 4710/28/2012

r47 nails it

by Anonymousreply 4810/28/2012

R49, you think it's a gay thing? Really?

by Anonymousreply 5110/28/2012

but isn't it better to know ahead of time instead of having the door slammed in your face upon arrival?

by Anonymousreply 5410/28/2012

People have sexual preferences, and that's their business. Is it bigoted to say that you prefer redheads over blondes, and that that's what you're looking for? Give it a rest. Grindr isn't made to make friends. It's made for fucking. You shouldn't fuck a black guy if they don't turn you on. Enough with the "we are the world" bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 5510/28/2012

This is more of a problem with Asians than blacks.

by Anonymousreply 5610/28/2012

W & W for r4!!!

by Anonymousreply 5710/28/2012

Quick question, if a black guy doesn't want to hook up with a white guy, is he racist, and would you be just as angry with him as a white guy who didn't wish to sleep with a black dude?

by Anonymousreply 5810/28/2012

Gay guys are so sexist for discriminating against women as sex partners.

by Anonymousreply 5910/28/2012

We all like what we like. Most of us have probably been in a situation where we're being chatted up by someone who, for one reason or other, holds no allure whatsoever. Our natural inclination, if we're sane, is to get out of the situation.

Online, we get a chance to filter these situations. If there's someone who s never in the world get into your pants, why would anyone but a sadist want to waste their time? If you don't find yourself attracted to a particular group of people, should you be forcing them into a game where, ultimately, they're not going to get anywhere?

I think an obvious offshoot of OPs premise would be that someone who is exclusively a top or bottom should advertise themselves as versatile.

by Anonymousreply 6410/28/2012

ok. If you say so op. I'm sure everyone will listen to you.

by Anonymousreply 6710/29/2012

This reminds me of an Asian guy at a gay friend's birthday party lamenting that white gays were racist because they were not interested in dating men like him. When someone asked him why he didn't seek out other Asians or Black or Middle Eastern men to date, he replied that he was attracted to white men only. Of course he never explained why it was ok for him to have a racial preference when dating but not for white men.

by Anonymousreply 6810/29/2012

Kurt Kelly?!

by Anonymousreply 7110/29/2012

Go fuck yourself, r72.

I'm sure you're one of those who imagine that if it weren't for evil white gay men, black and white America would be joining hands and singing Kum-ba-ya.

There is a senator from Kentucky who argued that the Civil Rights Act was a mistake... and won. And yet the 1-3% of the country's population that is white gay men is your major concern? Your priorities are astounding.

I actually think white gay men are LESS racist than the country at large, but let's presume for the sake of argument your supposition is true. What the fuck do you care? You obviously hate white gays anyway and want nothing to do with such racist trash so why rail on about it?!!

Tell me: what stake do you have, assuming you're not a freeper troll stirring up shit, which is assuming a lot. God, you're a hateful piece of trash.

by Anonymousreply 7310/29/2012

The dick wants what it wants. I don't see a problem with this.

by Anonymousreply 7610/29/2012

I'm with you all politically. Sorry, but I don't do Asian.

by Anonymousreply 7910/29/2012

r80 is a hateful man

by Anonymousreply 8110/29/2012

Absolutely not. R80 is a hateful lesbian.

by Anonymousreply 8210/29/2012

BS!!! no dyke would say shit like that

by Anonymousreply 8310/29/2012

R5 wins.

by Anonymousreply 8710/29/2012

If you think he's a dick, then DON'T FUCK HIM.

Thread closed.

by Anonymousreply 8810/29/2012

Aaaaand this thread gets deleted for race flame war psts in three, two, ...

by Anonymousreply 9510/29/2012

[r93] Do you work at The Stonewall Inn?

by Anonymousreply 10110/29/2012

死ねred piggy

by Anonymousreply 10511/25/2012

Why does the OP think "CLEAN ONLY" is so awful?!

Does he find drug addicts who haven't bathed in a week or so hot?

by Anonymousreply 10611/25/2012

People on Grindr are trash, anyway. Why are you surprised they're racist?

by Anonymousreply 10711/25/2012

Does the guy who writes the blog also call out Asian men who insist on "WM only" in their personal ads? Or are they allowed to have "preferences" while other ethnic groups aren't?

by Anonymousreply 10811/25/2012

I'm surprised no one has brought up Grindr's sexism. I don't think I've seen one man on there looking for a woman.

by Anonymousreply 11011/25/2012

死ねred piggy

by Anonymousreply 11111/26/2012

W&W for R10!

by Anonymousreply 11311/26/2012

Oops I meant R110, obvs.

by Anonymousreply 11411/26/2012

[post by racist shit-stain #3 removed.]

by Anonymousreply 11603/12/2013

You can't EVER change what people's personal likes and dislikes are. It's life. If you can't handle people being FRANK about who they want to FUCK, then get off of Grinder, dumbass. It's a nasty place anyway.

by Anonymousreply 11705/20/2013

r116 is the most correct post in the thread. Which probably why it's the most heavily censored.

by Anonymousreply 11805/20/2013

R117 = Meltdown

by Anonymousreply 11905/20/2013

You just need to deal with fact that for most of us,most of the time life is a series of great big NO's.

Life does not come with built in trigger warnings so inure yourself or you won't survive.

by Anonymousreply 12209/27/2013

Being called racist does not meaN SHit to me

by Anonymousreply 12309/27/2013

What. Ever.

by Anonymousreply 12709/27/2013

You are doing us a favor

by Anonymousreply 12809/27/2013

I like to send out a personalized essay about the unique and special attributes of every responder, even if they aren't a sexual match.

I follow it up about a week later with a thoughtful pick-me-up card, with a small dollar gift certificate enclosed. Sorry, but I can only afford gift baskets for the ones that spend the night!

by Anonymousreply 13009/27/2013

How is any of this racist? Sexual preferences are preferences. Stating one doesn't want to fuck a specific looking type of person doesn't make them any more racist than not wanting to fuck a woman makes them a misogynist.

Dick knows no race. It wants what it wants. Stop trying to make people feel guilty for not wanting to fuck who they don't want to fuck.

by Anonymousreply 13109/27/2013

I'm gonna set that to music...

Dick knows no race! It wants... what it wants... Cock gonna do, what it gonna do... Cock-a-doodle-do!

by Anonymousreply 13209/27/2013

Being someone who would be excluded based on the criteria OP expresses, I appreciate knowing the ad is something that would be a waste of time.

by Anonymousreply 13309/27/2013

Yes, darling, here... let me lead you on for two hours when you could've gone out whoring and been home already!

by Anonymousreply 13509/27/2013

[quote] Look, white males carry disease like rats,

Any white guys here with rickets? Anyone?

by Anonymousreply 14209/27/2013

r140 is a black gay muslim

by Anonymousreply 14309/27/2013

[quote] You are falling for the PR.

I must have missed the PR campaign encouraging white guys to suck black cock.

by Anonymousreply 14609/28/2013

r145. Terrific. Now name a whites-only disease as the ones you listed blight all humans. And the remark was made in reference to the comment that white people essentially carry nothing but diseases.

Go on.

by Anonymousreply 14709/28/2013

r145, is black!!

by Anonymousreply 14809/28/2013

r148 And fat. Don't forget fat.

by Anonymousreply 14909/28/2013

I love how the answer to racism against blacks and and Latinos is racism against whites. You want to play the "disease" game...

by Anonymousreply 15009/28/2013

[quote] Been to too many malls. I know who you really are, or from whence you came.

Wow, you are the most accomplished social anthropologist I've ever encountered outside of a scavenger hunt.

Conversely, I know everything about black people by going through the Popeye's drive through.

And by the way, you're still black, fat and no one white and in shape wants to fuck you. Stop blaming everyone else for your calloused palms. Lose weight and you'll automatically double your chances.

by Anonymousreply 15309/28/2013

No to anyone called Tooty R20

by Anonymousreply 15409/28/2013

Isn't it better to be rejected ahead of time than having to schlep over there just to be told they don't like your type?

by Anonymousreply 15709/28/2013

underclass issues abound in this thread!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 15909/28/2013

I say thank you r157. Reject us all.

It maybe a harsh lesson black guys but one that will pay off later, I promise you.

by Anonymousreply 16009/28/2013

R141 has rocks in his head. And is probably ugly as sin.

by Anonymousreply 16209/28/2013

[quote] I'm trying to get those annoying minorities off your pursued list.

Make no mistake, Tyrone, those annoying minorities have never been on my pursued list. And from your unhinged and very hateful posts, I think that's the problem here:

You're not on anyone's pursued list.

I know plenty of chocolate chasers, but they're not into fatties. Know a lot of cubs and bear chasers, but none who are into black guys.

So, being an overweight black guy, you fall right into the crack of being sexually undesirable by the majority of gay men. But instead of putting down the bucket of chicken and trying to improve your odds, you blame the white devil. How trite. And sad.

At least the chicken grease makes good lube for fapping, so we're making lemonade here, Rerun!

by Anonymousreply 16309/28/2013

water seeks its own level

by Anonymousreply 16509/28/2013

[quote]People just aren't innately attracted to white, 'masculine' men.

Really? Where did these millions come from, then?

by Anonymousreply 16609/28/2013

R163, meanwhile, looks like the birthday boy in "Boys in the Band". But with more acne scarring.

by Anonymousreply 16709/28/2013

R168...and that has WHAT to do with this discussion? Still have you McCain bumper sticker on your car, do ya?

by Anonymousreply 17009/28/2013

And I am Telling you I'm not going!!!

by Anonymousreply 17109/28/2013

[quote] Hot, sexy men attract hot, sexy men of all stripes.

Indeed. And that being the case, that doesn't mean that attraction is reciprocated or that they owe anyone a mercy fuck just because they're a different race.

Not everyone wants to fuck black guys. Get over it. Stop being a pussy and blaming your empty bed on white guys who just aren't into you.

by Anonymousreply 17209/28/2013

r169 That's not the case, hon. Most of us just don't want to fuck fat black guys. Like you.

Sorry you're so lonely! Hope it gets better!

by Anonymousreply 17309/28/2013

I don't care what any of you say, I will never go home with someone I don't find desirable for the sake of being politically correct. There are ethnicities and personalities I find objectionable and I will never be attracted to and that isn't going to change. Hell if that's so fucking hard for the nelly bastards to understand, then why aren't you swishes going home with straight females?

All the gobbly gook is simply a rationalization of those with issues about being happy about being with others just like you.

by Anonymousreply 17409/28/2013

I never understood the whole 'at least talk to them' schtick. Like if they get to talk to someone they're going to convince them to fuck or something.

by Anonymousreply 17509/28/2013

I condole the fat black sissies.

by Anonymousreply 17609/28/2013

PC run amuck is what is killing the gay community

by Anonymousreply 17709/28/2013

OP's pic at the link.

by Anonymousreply 17909/28/2013

LOL r179

by Anonymousreply 18009/28/2013

Since when is not finding a particular ethnic group or groups being homophobic?

I'm not obligated to lift my muu-muu to everyone who hits on me.

by Anonymousreply 18109/28/2013

If you don't want to date me fine, because I'don't want to date you. You shouldn't feel obligated and if you date find that race attractive you just don't. I am however curious would people be offended if a minority specified "NO WHITES" in an ad

by Anonymousreply 18309/28/2013

No, Black. I wasn't offended by the ad. Youwant what you want. Many seek approval from the majority. Many people and its not just Whites don't feel'comfortable with another culture and all that goes with it. The music, social'scene, etc. If you make race an issue then it will'be

by Anonymousreply 18509/28/2013

[quote]R186: it saves time for both you and I.

Oh, querido.

by Anonymousreply 19009/29/2013

It's a fucking hook up site...get over it.

by Anonymousreply 19209/29/2013

So everyone is a 'person of color' but white folk? Now, what about George Zimmerman? The media said he was white. Then other people said he was latino. Then still other people said that he was white AND latino, because latino/hispanic is not a race. I'm confused.

by Anonymousreply 19709/29/2013

Discuss what? Asians like yourself think that you are honorary white people and therefore should be with only whites. See it all the time. No sympathy from this camp.

by Anonymousreply 19809/29/2013

So does that mean you won't be buying me lunch R198?

by Anonymousreply 19909/29/2013

Asians do get something of a pass, in that they often surpass whites in academic settings. And, man, you want to see an immigrant family go from nothing to a McMansion in one generation, you watch some asians. Tiger mom will kick your ass!

by Anonymousreply 20009/29/2013

I still do not get why this useless thread is around for a year and the Gym/sauna sex thread got deleted.

by Anonymousreply 20109/29/2013

[quote] Tiger mom will kick your ass!

Problem with that is Asians are stunted in terms of their emotional growth.

In Asian circles Success = happiness. To the detriment of maturity and emotional growth.

But in the west it is Happiness = Success, and they are better balanced emotionally

by Anonymousreply 20209/29/2013

[quote] I still do not get why this useless thread is around for a year and the Gym/sauna sex thread got deleted.

Especially since Bathhouse Blues the website writes about both.

by Anonymousreply 20309/29/2013

But the problem with Happiness = Success is that that's how we end up with too many English majors and not enough Engineering and Science majors, and the U.S. becomes a nation of idiots and all the tech and research jobs go abroad.

by Anonymousreply 20409/29/2013

Easier to be rich and pay to fix your emotions than poor and try to feed, house, and otherwise care for your family.

It's called Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs. Google it.

by Anonymousreply 20609/29/2013

[quote] Easier to be rich and pay to fix your emotions than poor and try to feed, house, and otherwise care for your family.

Unfortunately some Asians are delusional in their thinking, so they don't think about fixing their emotions.

We have a whole generation of Asians emotionally screwed up because of Tiger Moms.

by Anonymousreply 20709/29/2013

You're full of shit R209. You peddle that nonsense in every thread that has anything to do with race on DL. Everyone who reads DL with any regularity knows what a joke you are. You're not even good at trolling. Go try on some other board where they haven't heard your bullshit 100 times in a month.

by Anonymousreply 21109/29/2013

r209, We have a black president!! Don't give me that shit!!!

by Anonymousreply 21209/29/2013
Need more help? Click Here.