Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Well, It's Obvious That Election Day Is Going To Be Postponed In Much Of The US

States are not going to be able to vote that Tuesday. Power will be out, polling stations will be destroyed (at the least water damage), paper ballots will turn to pulp (they'd also have to fly those in). They'll have to find new locations to set up shop. That'll take forever. Machines will be destroyed as well. Watch Mittens win the election, a la 2000, with a storm and easy voter tampering this time due to weather. Where's Susan Harris? These are all Democratic states too. All the poor minorities will give up voting this cycle. They're homes and shit will be destroyed. They'll have more important things to do. Voter ID laws are meaningless thanks to Mother Nature interfering with the democratic process now.

Mittens and Mittens co are rejoicing.

I guess we won't have an elected president until a few weeks after Tuesday, Nov 6. So many states are not going to be able to hold a vote. I wonder if officials have thought about this yet.

Why couldn't red states be destroyed??!

by Mother Nature's a registered Repugreply 3111/13/2012

Can they delay voting day?

by Mother Nature's a registered Repugreply 110/27/2012

More concern trolling? Ugh.

by Mother Nature's a registered Repugreply 210/27/2012

Get a grip, OP. MARY!

by Mother Nature's a registered Repugreply 310/27/2012

Are you crazy? Election is a week after the storm

by Mother Nature's a registered Repugreply 410/27/2012

And Shelley Winters will have to swim underwater to get to the voting booth.

by Mother Nature's a registered Repugreply 510/27/2012

This storm will be long gone by Election Day.

by Mother Nature's a registered Repugreply 610/27/2012

I got notice that the election is going to be held over two days. Republicans on November 6th, and Democrats on November 7th. The email said it's due to heavy turnout, but that's just PR to hide that the storm is going to do more damage than they're telling us.

by Mother Nature's a registered Repugreply 710/27/2012

How convenient, R7.

Your scenario will guarantee that the Republican's vote COUNTS, and your vote DOES NOT COUNT.

Are you by any chance, African American, living in Florida or Ohio?

by Mother Nature's a registered Repugreply 810/27/2012

Calm down there. The storm is headed to mainly blue states (NY, NJ, MD) where Obama has safe leads. Bad weather, and possible attendant low voter turnout, isn't going to put them in Romney's column.

Most of New England is safe for Obama. PA is a possible issue, but isn't the eastern part of that state (Philly and burbs) pretty safe for Obama? That's the part to be affected by the storm, not central/western PA or Pittsburgh where it might be an issue.

by Mother Nature's a registered Repugreply 910/27/2012

R7 - Not funny.

by Mother Nature's a registered Repugreply 1010/27/2012

This isn't a blizzard rendering people immobile; it's a tropical rainstorm. As bad as it may be, by election day things will be functioning. And even if power is still out in scattered areas, they will figure out something to get those people to the polls. But the general election will happen on November 6 rain or shine.

And Obama will win, and Romney will lose.

by Mother Nature's a registered Repugreply 1110/27/2012

An inane thread

by Mother Nature's a registered Repugreply 1210/27/2012

The storm will be wrecking entire states. It will take weeks to clean it all up. The election will definitely be postponed. There's going to be all sort of issues, and both sides are going to want people flown there to watch that no funny business is taking place. People are going to have to start rebuilding. It's not going to be pretty. Voting could be the last thing many will do.

This storm is off the charts.

by Mother Nature's a registered Repugreply 1310/27/2012

Someone should give R13 a sedative and then an enema

by Mother Nature's a registered Repugreply 1410/27/2012

[quote] The election will definitely be postponed.

Sorry, but holding the Presidential Election on the first Tuesday of November, every four years, is a LAW, not an arbitrary date.

The only way it can be undone is if Congress or the President passes some sort of law to change postpone the election.

And don't you know how well THAT will go over with Republicans? Their fucking heads will EXPLODE!

Obama's a fraud! Obama's a cheat! Obama stole the eletion!

NO WAY this election will be postponed.

[quote] Voting could be the last thing many will do.

That's going to be THEIR problem. But all the votes will be counted, with or without Nor'Easters.

Whether or not East Coasters realize it, this election will go on with or without them.

It will be YOUR obligation to vote.

The question is, who will benefit from this scenario, Obama or Romney?

My guess is that it won't have much of an impact, because New York, New Jersey, and PA were most likely in the Obama column, so I don't see the electoral college being impacted at all.

by Mother Nature's a registered Repugreply 1510/27/2012

OP, if you suffer from a nervous disorder or something diagnosed "mental" (as I do), I'll cut you a break; otherwise: are you, ha-ha, nuts? The storm is due THIS week. The ELection is NEXT week. I don't think even fucking Katrina, in its actual storm, lasted that long. If you mean you think the storm will be of a level to create flooding; other damage, and THAT will wreck election places: well, maybe that would cause a delay of 1 day or something. BUT: people can always vote absentee, AND if damage was that bad, I would think it would discourage a lot of people from voting: of course, that would be worse for Obama, perhaps. But I really don't think this country would allow an Electoin Day to be WAY-postponed.

by Mother Nature's a registered Repugreply 1610/27/2012

The storm will hit somewhere between North Carolina and New England. 90% of the country will not be affected. Much of the 10% will just get wet. Idiots living on the beach or along rivers will all die of course, but that's not really that many people. No need to postpone.

by Mother Nature's a registered Repugreply 1710/27/2012

OP, even if part of your scenario is correct and people's homes and lives are wiped out, I think that will make them even more determined to get out and vote. When shit hits the fan, people tend to push aside the bullshit and focus on what's important. Any liberals affected will most likely realize that they NEED to ensure Obama is reelected if they want a future.

Have some faith in Americans. A lot of them are really good people.

by Mother Nature's a registered Repugreply 1910/27/2012

Yours is really lame thread!

by Mother Nature's a registered Repugreply 2010/27/2012

Again New Yorkers and your neighbors are not the center of the universe and the other 95% of us really don't give a shit if you can vote or not.

by Mother Nature's a registered Repugreply 2110/27/2012

R15 is right.

After Hurricane Ike, electricity was out in much of Houston (over 50%) for 2 weeks. However, they can get generators to polling locations and I suspect they will, if needed.

by Mother Nature's a registered Repugreply 2210/28/2012

If anything it will effect rural areas more than urban. I live across the street from my polling place in NYC.

by Mother Nature's a registered Repugreply 2310/28/2012

>Where's Susan Harris?

Still suffering from chronic fatigue syndrome, Rose.

by Mother Nature's a registered Repugreply 2410/28/2012

Thanks for letting us know, r7, I;ll send out all mass emailing.

by Mother Nature's a registered Repugreply 2510/28/2012

Did we vote?

by Mother Nature's a registered Repugreply 2611/13/2012

They are still counting the votes in Ohio. It's not over.

by Mother Nature's a registered Repugreply 2711/13/2012

They are still counting the votes in MY district.

by Mother Nature's a registered Repugreply 2811/13/2012

Hey, OP? Don't quit your day job. I predict more embarrassment and ridicule if you do.

by Mother Nature's a registered Repugreply 2911/13/2012

They have yet to count half a million votes in AZ.

by Mother Nature's a registered Repugreply 3011/13/2012

no [r28] those results have been certified except in the bubble where Mr West lives

by Mother Nature's a registered Repugreply 3111/13/2012
Need more help? Click Here.