Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

I trapped my neighbor's cat

The damn thing was getting out and climbing all over my car, leaving paw prints, and shitting in my flower beds. So I called animal control and they brought me a trap, I trapped it, called them back, and they came out to pick it up.

Neighbor came home just in time to see the animal control van driving away. Now, I had never mentioned that I was going to call animal control or trap the cat, but I had told her about the cat prints and cat shit and asked her to keep her animal off my property. She offered some lame excuse and went on her sweet way.

But yesterday, she sees the animal control van and starts running down the street after it. Then she starts back toward the house, screaming at me "You'll pay for this!" as she runs in and slams the door.

Not 15 minutes later, she sends her sniveling little crotch dropping over to tearfully ask me why I took his cat away. I told him to go home.

This morning, I hear a big ruckus next door, car doors slamming, etc. So I peek out the curtain to see her and her son getting out of the car with the cat, making a big show of having gone and gotten it out of kitty jail, so I'd come out and see. I simply opened the door and waved at them, making sure they saw that I saw.

I'm sure I've started WWIII with these people now. Goddamn, they are tedious.

by Anonymousreply 34703/01/2015

How much more of an absolute asshole can you be, OP? Jesus Christ.

by Anonymousreply 210/26/2012

DL cunt hall of famer here.

by Anonymousreply 410/26/2012

Couldn't you have just told your neighbor, "Look, your cat is causing property damage, and letting it run loose is endangering its safety. If you don't keep it indoors, I will call animal control and you'll have to deal with them instead of me."

And when the kid comes to your door, you could have said, "If I had a dog and let it go to the bathroom on your front lawn, wouldn't you be angry? I warned your mother that this would happen if you didn't keep your cat indoors. She is the one who got your cat taken away, not me. Go home and talk to her."

by Anonymousreply 610/26/2012

This would be a great beginning to a horror movie that ends with you being mauled to death by a pack of possessed cats.

by Anonymousreply 810/26/2012

This would have been a lot more effective with more colorful descriptions, e.g., "And so I minced back into the house, my best black silk opera cloak training behind me."

by Anonymousreply 1010/26/2012

I agree with R6

OP your a fucking asshole, would it have killed you to warn the owners cat beforehand?

by Anonymousreply 1110/26/2012

[quote]R6, that's more or less what I did.

Not according to your original post. You wrote, "I had never mentioned that I was going to call animal control or trap the cat." And you wrote, "She sends her sniveling little crotch dropping over to tearfully ask me why I took his cat away. I told him to go home."

That is NOT the same as giving the woman a clear warning, and explaining to the kid why you did it.

by Anonymousreply 1210/26/2012

Admit it, OP, you just want your neighbor's pussy. You can't get enough of your neighbor's pussy.

by Anonymousreply 1410/26/2012

"Oh heavens, what's that in my petunias? Paw...paw prints? And what is this little thing right here? Why, it's a...a...a TURD! A cat turd! Right here in my flower garden. That DOES it! (butts out his Virginia Slim) Mrs. Strakosh, that cat has had its final shit in my beautiful garden! I'm calling animal control this darn minute! Why, the very nerve, the callous disrespect of the beauty I bring to this world! I'll tell you, the way people are treated this my day we didn't allow our pets to VANDALIZE others properties! Now I'm honked off....why, the idea...and I'll be damned if I tell that rotten whore I'm getting rid of her cat!"(trails off as OP calls animal control)

by Anonymousreply 1710/26/2012

good for you op, i agree with you

by Anonymousreply 2110/26/2012

I think the OP did the right thing. Yes, it seems kind of bitchy the way he wrote it out (and seems to take too much pleasure in it), but he got the authorities involved and did what was instructed. Much better than the poster who talked about giving sleeping pills to the neighborhood dog to keep him from barking.

A lot of people let their animals run wild, which not only annoys the neighbors but endangers the general population. For instance, there is a park where I used to live where a lot of entitled hippie types like to let their huge dogs run off leash, even though there are strict leash rules/laws. The dogs chase deer in the forest --> the deer run into the highway --> the deers potentially cause crashes/deaths to drivers.

by Anonymousreply 2210/26/2012

Now, tell us, does the woman weight 300 lbs and dress like a maid? Did she make "man-hating" homophobic comments as she yelled at you?

I'll wait.

by Anonymousreply 2310/26/2012

I don't agree with letting animals run around loose outside, I feed a lot of strays in our neighborhood. But to call animal control because you had paw prints on your car? OP is an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 2510/26/2012

Much as i hate cats, domestic cats that are let out actually keep rodents in check.

If your cat-killing story is true r24, those people should be put in jail. And you have issues if you actually sat there ready to bash in its skull with a hammer. That's sociopathic.

Animals are beasts, even pets. The cat shouldn't be punished for being a beast. You call the owners and explain the damage it's done (if it even happened).

by Anonymousreply 2610/26/2012

Cats do have minds of their own, so it is up to you to put devices or cures in place to keep it out of your flower bed.

I think you can live with paw prints on your car. It's just a transportation machine, not a member of your faamily!

by Anonymousreply 2810/26/2012

There's no way she's going to be able to control the cat if she lets it outside. Cats DO do whatever the fuck they want as far as possible. So the only way she'd be able to control it is to keep it inside, which is pretty much a no go if the cat has been used to going outside.

So really, OP, stop being such a mean little cunt, and suck up the inconvenience. You haven't described anything major with regard to damage, and if you keep taking this kind of action against the neighbor and the cat, you're just acting like a fucking nasty piece of shit. It sounds like you've got way too much time on your hands. Get a hobby.

by Anonymousreply 2910/26/2012

On Halloween evening hundreds of zombie kitties will show up for TrickRTreat.

I hope for OP's sake he resembles Drew Barrymore.

by Anonymousreply 3010/26/2012

Why don't you have a garage? I have cats all over my neighborhood and prowling my yard. They don't bother me a bit.

by Anonymousreply 3110/26/2012

I hope they burn your house down. Twit. Cat shit in your garden? Big fucking deal. Cat prints on your goddamn fucking car...who cares? Lord, do you think you are alone on this planet?

by Anonymousreply 3310/26/2012

Good grief, what a pansey! Cat prints on your car, if that's the worst thing that's happened to must be dead.

It could be another cat on your car or even a racoon.

by Anonymousreply 3410/26/2012

What are you going to do about raccoon and possum prints?

by Anonymousreply 3510/26/2012

OP parks his car outside. It explains so much.

by Anonymousreply 3810/26/2012

Why not say something like this, OP:

"Your cat, Madam, left a dirty paw print on my prize rose-colored dahlia. I demand retribution!"

by Anonymousreply 3910/26/2012

How do you know it's the cat in question? And not a raccoon, or some other cat?

I don't believe this made-up story.

by Anonymousreply 4010/26/2012

If it was a raccoon or some other cat, then that's what I would've been trapped. I didn't chase down this particular cat and lock it up.

by Anonymousreply 4110/26/2012

OP = jackass

by Anonymousreply 4210/26/2012

I have neighbors with cats. I love to see them and hope they are all fixed. Cat's are kind of wild and many prefer the indoor outdoor situation. Unless you keep your birds outside your house, what harm can they do you (prints on your goddamn car? Really.) Why is everyone so fucking anal about everything? It's as if everything in life has to be CONTROLLED! It's sick.

by Anonymousreply 4310/26/2012

[quote] It's disgusting and then the next thing you know there will be long scratches on the car where they try to dig in when they slide off.

This is exactly my concern about the paw prints on the car. Eventually, there will be scratches.

by Anonymousreply 4410/26/2012

You are a sleazebag OP.

by Anonymousreply 4510/26/2012

I have a car port in a warm weather state.

Garages are so...declasse.

[unless they have elevators]

by Anonymousreply 4610/26/2012

Do you really think cat turds in your garden is "destorying your property?" Believe it or not there are probably animals all over your neighborhood, they come out at night.

Op, you really are a hateful jerk.

by Anonymousreply 4710/26/2012

I love cat stories! Cat stories make me laaaaugh.

by Anonymousreply 4910/26/2012

Oh please, I have cats all over my neighborhood and the last thing I would ever worry about is cat scratches on my car! I wish my life was free and easy...then I would have time to worry about cat scratches on my car! Get a fucking life.

by Anonymousreply 5010/26/2012

OP, if this was your cat or dog, you would be majorly pissed! What you did was a hateful thing to do.

How would you like to be thrown in jail for nothing?

by Anonymousreply 5110/26/2012

R13, Did you write a LETTER warning the neighbor of your intentions to call Animal Control? I would have also included the real dangers to cats that are allowed to wander outside, and asked her how her child would have felt if the poor cat had been hit by a car.

by Anonymousreply 5310/26/2012

Hey cuntface r48, I don't have any crotchfruit and if I did I wouldn't let them act like animals and I do not expect an animal to act human and believe it or not, I think cat's have a higher place of importance on this earth then your goddamn car. By the way, I also have a car and when a cat got on it I said, damn, my cars dirty, I can see that cat print. I didn't turn into a Nazi and throw the cat in jail. You are a goddamn bitch, period.

by Anonymousreply 5510/26/2012

You tell 'em, r55...thank you!

by Anonymousreply 5610/26/2012

R37 is sad...apparently lived in a home with no pets, and no dust...a speck of dust would force Mommy to her medicine cabinet which was full of Xanax or Valium.

by Anonymousreply 5710/26/2012

What R6 said. Wow, OP. You had reason to be upset but you could've been less of a dick and more reasonable.

by Anonymousreply 5810/26/2012

[quote] This is exactly my concern about the paw prints on the car. Eventually, there will be scratches.

Wow. What a bunch of idiots you all are.

by Anonymousreply 6010/26/2012

by Anonymousreply 6110/26/2012

Animals don't scratch metal surfaces unless they're trapped and trying to get out. Cats scratch as a means of trimming their nails, and even a cat knows that you do that on things like fabric or leather or even cement. Scratching a car is crazy frau nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 6210/26/2012

Gays used to be smarter than the OP.

by Anonymousreply 6310/26/2012

My issue with you OP is that you didn't convey your intentions to the cats owner initially. Had you done so the outcome may have been different in that the owner would have taken you seriously instead of just assuming that your complaint was just that.

I know that the owner should have taken responsibility the first time around but she didn't. You rejoiced in nearly getting her pet put down and that is totally inappropriate. This is why I called you an asshole before.

I have a neighbor across the street and his cat would come onto my property and shit in my bushes, I spend lots of money and time maintaining my landscaping so I didn't appreciate it, I also never said a word to my neighbor.

I instead bought some spray to repell the cat, after a few months I noticed less turds in my landscape. Eventually I got German shepherds and now that cat definitely stays away.

by Anonymousreply 6410/26/2012

OP must be that psychopath Brandon.

by Anonymousreply 6610/26/2012

[quote]but I had told her about the cat prints and cat shit and asked her to keep her animal off my property.

Are you sure it wasn't a raccoon or ferret? Because it seems obvious the OP has no idea how cats work, so he probably wouldn't know one if he saw one.

by Anonymousreply 6810/26/2012

[quote] Eventually I got German shepherds and now that cat definitely stays away

LOL, that usually solves the problem.

by Anonymousreply 6910/26/2012

R28, you mean like an electric fence?

by Anonymousreply 7010/26/2012

[quote]Animals don't scratch metal surfaces unless they're trapped and trying to get out. Cats scratch as a means of trimming their nails, and even a cat knows that you do that on things like fabric or leather or even cement. Scratching a car is crazy frau nonsense.

Wrong, I've seen it happen as they are sliding off the car.

by Anonymousreply 7110/26/2012

[quote]My CAR! A PAW PRINT!

Of course it can't be just one paw print can it? Have you ever seen those cars in parking lots that have paw prints on them? Yeah, nice.

by Anonymousreply 7210/26/2012

[quote] I've seen it happen as they are sliding off the car.

You're full of shit, since a cat would jump, not slide.

Knowing you, however, the cat was probably sliding off because you tasered it.

by Anonymousreply 7310/26/2012

Oh, poor kitty, ZAP!!

by Anonymousreply 7410/26/2012

I have a friend who did that with her neighbor's cat, and it died.

by Anonymousreply 7510/26/2012

Your neighbors are going to make your life miserable! Cat drama aside....You are going to be picked on, fucked with & harassed. Ha ha, you're going to be miserable.

by Anonymousreply 7610/26/2012

Cats do scratch the clear coat paint on cars, they have claws and use them for traction when they walk or jump on cars.

by Anonymousreply 7710/26/2012

Well, live in your mean little world and worry about all your cat scratches and dings from parking lots. Man! A car gets messed up. Seriously, if you worry about that...your life seems pretty awful...think of your gums!! Do you floss everyday? Do you use hand sanatizer every five minutes? Be honest.

by Anonymousreply 7810/26/2012

You should have slowly killed it in front of the little boy, OP.

Such a slacker.

by Anonymousreply 7910/26/2012

It was the cat piss that got me.

by Anonymousreply 8010/26/2012

I just go back to the beginning and think...the worst problems this guy has are cat prints and animal shit in his garden.

I guess if you have no life, this is what you concern yourself with...the imprisonment of helpless animals and making your neighbors miserable. Shhhheee...

by Anonymousreply 8110/26/2012

I have more dings and scratches in my car from rude fatasses who have to throw open their door to squeeze their obese frame out of it than any animal could ever do.

by Anonymousreply 8210/26/2012

I don't understand why cat owners think they get to determine their neighbors' values.

There was a news story yesterday about a woman who was hoarding 50 cats in her mobile home. They whittled it down to 10 and had those fixed. She claims she didn't know she had that many. Can you even imagine how bad that place had to stink?

by Anonymousreply 8310/26/2012

You just KNOW this is an enormous victory in the OP's mind. Something to keep life interesting while knitting in front of the television in Mother's basement.

by Anonymousreply 8410/26/2012

I big dog will keep the pussy away.

by Anonymousreply 8510/26/2012

The OP, if not a troll is a loathsome person as are those who have aped his post. If you all are for a real, I feel sorry for you. A cat is about as harmful as a bird- in your garden- and footprints on your car? Give me a break. If you are for real OP you need to get a life and find a heart.

by Anonymousreply 8610/26/2012

[quote] Give me a break. If you are for real OP you need to get a life and find a heart.

And a garage

by Anonymousreply 8710/26/2012

I don't know where some of you people live but it is the norm for people to not like cat paw prints on their cars or cat crap in their gardens. It is the norm for people to want their car clean and neat. To say it's no biggie having the neighbor's cat climb on it seems bizarre to me.

by Anonymousreply 8810/26/2012

You did the right thing, OP. I'm proud of you.

by Anonymousreply 8910/26/2012

And so the replies are split fairly well down the middle. Well played darling OP!

by Anonymousreply 9210/26/2012

As a cat-lover and someone with two cats who just turned a year old, while I don't really approve of the OP's solution to the problem (it seems to me to punish the cat for being a cat), I do think cat owners have responsibilities to make sure their cats are not being destructive. I had a cat who loved to pick fights with other cats, climb neighbor houses and howl in their windows at 2 in the morning, and so forth. I didn't realize she was doing all of this; as soon as a neighbor politely asked me to do something about, Chloe became, against her preference, an in-door cat. She got used to it eventually and lived to 19 years just fine. If you live in the country and want to let your cats run wild (and potentially be eaten by other animals, pick up various illness, and so forth), that's one thing; when you live near people, you have a responsibility not to impose your love of your pet on them. I have another neighbor, quite elderly, who lets his adorable little dog have the run of the housing development where I live--I often step out of car into his dog's shit--and I have spoken to him about that. But I would never do anything to the dog itself.

by Anonymousreply 9410/26/2012

You can't keep your car clean and neat if you keep it parked outdoors. Life doesn't work that way, R88.

by Anonymousreply 9510/26/2012

Why the fuck should the OP have to endure his garden reeking like a fucking litterbox?

by Anonymousreply 9610/26/2012

Paw prints can be wiped off, right? Sure, it will take you thirty seconds or so to accomplish the task, but you didn't mention anything about a disability or being Ann Romney.

Poop in the garden is fertilizer and could have come from any number of creatures.

If this is how you react to life's tiniest inconveniences, I hate to think how you'll cope with an actual problem.

by Anonymousreply 9710/26/2012

OP you are a tool. Loser.

by Anonymousreply 9810/26/2012

You got bullied by the pussy cat! And it came back home! You lost twice!!!! Real or not, the OP doesn't see he lost his little war before it began....and now (if this is real) the neighbors will torment you. They are winning. You are losing. Go pussy cat, go!

by Anonymousreply 9910/26/2012

OP, you're a fucking cunt and you'll find little sympathy here.

I only wish there was a "mental services" van that could have taken you away in a straitjacket instead of the poor cat.

by Anonymousreply 10010/26/2012

Your actions were horrible OP. Also, to keep the cat away from your property, the cat would have to not be allowed to go outside at all since a cat can't be trained where to go and where not to go. So either way you getting what you want destroys the cat's life. Why don't you be a big man and put up wiht some paw prints on your stupid car and let it go.

by Anonymousreply 10210/26/2012

OP: I hope you receive everything from life that you deserve. Read into it however you would like.

by Anonymousreply 10310/26/2012

So what do you do about birds shitting on your car, OP?

by Anonymousreply 10410/26/2012

Damn, where do some of you people live?

by Anonymousreply 10810/26/2012

Oh my lord...troll-dar R110 and watch the thread light up! Cuckoo for Cocoa Puffs!

by Anonymousreply 11210/26/2012

You are the type that LOVES to stir up drama, aren't you, OP? Instead of shipping the poor cat off to the feline equivalent of Auschwitz, you could have brought the trapped cat over to your neighbor's and said NEXT TIME you would contact the authorities.

Honestly, I think that paw prints on your car are the least of your concerns, OP. I'd watch my back (and car) if I were you.

by Anonymousreply 11310/26/2012

If he were real, I would terminate the OP with my bare hands and a smile on my face.

by Anonymousreply 12210/26/2012

This is basically animal cruelty and animal abuse and to brag about it to boot.

by Anonymousreply 12610/26/2012

Hahahaha! And I thought I was a bit unhinged over the op's behavior, guess I'm not the only one.

by Anonymousreply 12710/26/2012

This thread makes me very angry. I don't care if OP is a troll, but some of posts high-fiving him are equally loathsome.

You guys take your anger out on a creature who is only doing what is natural to it. This is not a cat problem. It's a human (owner) problem. Humans create the mess and the cats and dogs pay for it.

These abusers are too cowardly to confront the neighbors so they poison, shoot them with pellets, kick and abuse the cats.

Bunch of assholes.

by Anonymousreply 12910/26/2012

Sweetie, you can put more than one sentence in a post. How about if you keep typing, but only hit "save post" every ten minutes or so? It's what a considerate person would do.

by Anonymousreply 13010/26/2012

If that was my cat, I would fucking slash your tires. Then a pawprint wouldn't seem so important, would it?

by Anonymousreply 13110/26/2012

I'm sorry but having to keep a cat inside it's whole life? It seems like life in prison. If my cats wanted to stay inside all the time, I would be very happy with that but I've never had a cat who was afraid to go outside...they always begged and I could never turn them down. Do they have shorter lives? They do.

by Anonymousreply 13210/26/2012

r132 it depends. If you have a backyard, you can always "chaperone" your cat while it explores/enjoys the outdoor. I don't think it is wise to let your cat roam the neighborhood. It could easily be killed or abused by people like OP and others on the thread. Moreover, your cat could get into fights with stray cats and be infected with FIV or eat a diseased rodent.

There's just too many dangers and diseases out there for them. I have a fenced backyard and once a day, I let my cat out (with me following behind) to have a little fresh air and outdoor fun.

by Anonymousreply 13510/26/2012

Anyone living near you needs to know about your actions so they can protect their pets from your antisocial behavior. I have two cats that I love dearly and I would kill anyone that tried to harm them

by Anonymousreply 13610/26/2012

Who is the deranged cat manic? Hello trolldar.

It's not like he skinned the pretty pussy and made manapua out of it.

by Anonymousreply 13710/26/2012

I love how pet owners don't give a shit about any of the destruction their pets do & just expect people to deal with it. Half of what you dimwits propose OP should have done ie: told her about the prints on car, is very clearly written in his post. I don't know what is wrong with your comprehension skills. Although I don't approve of some of what OP did. I see nothing wrong with calling animal control, when an irresponsible pet owner shirks off their responsibility & blows you off. Theses are the same type of people who let their children run rampant & destroy neighbors property. The majority of the thread's line of thinking is A parent who has been warned about their child destroying other peoples property, who blows someone off when confronted, should never have the police called on them. People should just have their property destroyed & get over it. WRONG!! Own up to your responsibility as a pet owner & if it's animal cruelty, it's the pet owners fault. Do you know how many court shows daily, have cases about owners who didn't have their pet on a leash (even though their are laws on the book) that attacked a person or other animal? TONS due to blatant disregard by the owner to follow the law because their precious pet would never hurt a soul or their precious pet is to special to be leashed. Then they have the audacity to think they don't have to pay for the damages. So when the dog has to be put down for to many bites,it's animal cruelty by OWNER, not by the person attacked or bitten

by Anonymousreply 13810/26/2012

I'd rather put up with a neighbor's cat than a neighbor's incessantly barking dog and huge piles of dog shit in my grass. At least cats are a bit more discreet and quiet.

by Anonymousreply 13910/26/2012

When you call Animal Control, r138, you are basically giving the cat a death sentence. I know it makes you feel better thinking that Animal Control is a nice hotel, but it is more of a gas chamber. In crowded facilities (and the great majority are), the unclaimed animals have a week to a month before they are sent to their deaths. That is the reality.

I hate irresponsible pet owners as anybody, but why do cats have to pay with their lives. Like I said, it's a human problem. It's why stray cats exists: humans who don't spay or neuter their pets AND allow it to roam the neighborhood. You solve the human problem, and the cat problem will be resolved. Killing cats isn't going to solve the problem.

by Anonymousreply 14010/26/2012

R140 How do you solve the human problem, when you tell said human about their cats behavior & they blow you off? I would love to hear your solution

by Anonymousreply 14110/26/2012

Also spaying and neutering curbs their tendencies to wander. Not a guarantee but it does help as they aren't out searching for sex partners. My cats are indoor/outdoor but never wander very far from my house. All are fixed and luckily my neighbors like them and give them a little lovin' every time they run into them. They also have a litter box outside. Most everyone here has cats.

by Anonymousreply 14210/26/2012

"This thread has really brought out the unhinged frau/crazy cat lady contingent!"

Are you not a troll OP? Do you really believe what you wrote above? Are cats (or some other animal) a particular species that you associate with humans that you label as somehow crazy or whatever you are trying to get at above. What do you call dog lovers?

Obvioudly I don't know you- but I would not want to be know you or hang out around you for 10 seconds. I love all animals and in particular I have a soft spot for domestic pets because they are essentially totally at the mercy of humans. The abuse that cats and dogs are exposed to is perhaps beyond your frame of reference. In fact, you are one of the abusers it seems.

Most cruel and insensitive people for any reason are unaware of the harm they do and cause. If they were they would not do it, or they are otherwise sociopaths.

I prefer to think you are a provacateur (troll), and give you the benefit of doubt rather than being as loathsome as you set forth in you posts.

by Anonymousreply 14310/26/2012

I don't know what happens where you live but in my little town they kill cats and dogs every Friday, every week, every animal in the shelter. They they are dumped in the landfill. A nearby animal shelter was discovered drowning the cats in garbage buckets filled with water. If a cat is declared a nuisance animal they do not even wait until Friday. Today is animal extermination day here.

by Anonymousreply 14410/26/2012

It is just the selfishness of the OP. To live such a delicate life that they can't roll with the punches. We are all disappointed and inconvenienced every day that it is sad that someone can have so little tolerance. Why did you not take the captured animal to your neighbors and tell them that you don't want to turn their cat in and ask that they keep it home. But no, you chose to attempt to destroy a pet. Life is not easy for some of us and to do this to another is sad.

by Anonymousreply 14510/26/2012

145 responses since 10:30am. Congrats OP!

by Anonymousreply 14610/26/2012

It has been my experience that thoughtless pet owners are least considerate of neighbors who treat them well.

by Anonymousreply 14710/26/2012

[quote]And half of them were made by the same crazy cunt!

by Anonymousreply 14810/26/2012

No, charlie, I am not a troll. Nor am I an animal abuser. Are you fucking kidding me? I don't hate cats, or any animal. I just don't think they should be allowed to roam around wherever the hell they like, and pet owners who allow it are extremely inconsiderate.

by Anonymousreply 14910/26/2012

[quote]145 responses since 10:30am. Congrats OP!

And half of them were made by the same crazy cunt!

by Anonymousreply 15010/26/2012

The OP is leaving his unsightly droppings all over the thread. Someone have Animal Control pick him up and put him out of his misery.

by Anonymousreply 15210/26/2012

Really? property vandalized? A little over dramatic don't you think? Paw prints and cat poop in your garden hardly constitutes vandalism. I personally keep my cat indoors (for safety reasons), but have a neighbor that won't keep her cat in doors. It causes fights at my house by coming and harassing my cat through the sliders on my patio. Am I annoyed? Sure. Would I ever dream of calling animal control? Not on your life. I just live with it. It's petty crap.

And a car kept outdoors can never be kept clean, they get hit with dirt, dust, sprinklers and everything else...are you going to somehow try to control that as well? Cause if you can, let me know I have a carport too and hate my BMW getting hit by the god damn sprinklers all the time - forking waterspots.

by Anonymousreply 15310/26/2012

Oh, OP, even before I read the thread I knew you'd be taken over the coals. On DL, you vs. cat people? You should know better.

You even had me, not a cat person, until you wrote your neighbor "went on her sweet way." Then you lost me with "her sniveling little crotch dropping" and "I peek out the curtain." God! Did you run away from home hating your parents and in time to make it out of town just hours before the posse chased you out ? My guess is probably. So now you've had at the cat people. Be prepared to run again.

Your neighbor, she the "neighborhood menace" with "sprog," she " flounced?" Seems to me you certainly are flouncing about now, which as you well know and demonstrate, one can do sitting down!

by Anonymousreply 15410/26/2012

Well, it would be one thing if your property were actually being vandalized by someone's pet... but we're talking about fertilizer and paw prints here.

Unless the paws in question were covered in paint?

by Anonymousreply 15510/26/2012

Completely agree with R156. If people want/love (whatever) animals then go for it as long as YOU take care of them.

Let them run lose and I'LL take care of them.

Flame away; couldn't care less...

by Anonymousreply 15710/26/2012

Op, good for you.

by Anonymousreply 15810/26/2012

So, by R156's logic, I'm an idiot *and* a troll, and it would be preferable to have broken the cat's neck myself as opposed to calling animal control?

And in case you're confused, around here, animal control brings you a trap, you set it, and then call them to come pick up whatever's in it. That's what I did.

I think I'm done here.

by Anonymousreply 15910/26/2012

You're a dick, op.

by Anonymousreply 16010/26/2012

OP, in every house I have ever lived in or ever owned I have observed animals on my property. Squirrels (they can get into the eaves of homes), birds, pheasants, rabbits, cats and an occasional dog. The dogs and cats have never concerned me beyond wondering if they are homeless or lost. All other animals (and gogs and cats) charm me. Sometimes I have known the cat or dog on my property and I go out to greet them- particularly if they are people lovers.

Never have they bothered me or have I remotely worried that they may poop in the wrong place. And if they do, well, that is what they do, isn't it? And small children make noise. Such is life when it is working out well.

I cannot believe you captured a family pet and instead of returning it to its owners (with whatever bile you might have needed to unload) you take it to a shelter. You and I exist on different planets. Do you take children who are playing in your yard to the cops or an orphanage?

I think you need help if you are for real. How can anyone be bothered by a kitty cat on their property? I wonder what you do about bird shit on your car? Sit out in your driveway with your shotgun defending your car?

You're not on my radar OP as a human being- although I know there are people out there like you. Abuse of animals is as common as, well, abuse of children- more common in fact.

by Anonymousreply 16110/26/2012

When this cat gets out, OP, he's going to get you.

by Anonymousreply 16210/26/2012

Domestic animals are the responsibility of their owners. If you can't or won't keep your animals in your home or under your control, find another home for them.

I have two cats and two dogs. None of them are allowed to roam around and bother my neighbors. It's not that difficult.

by Anonymousreply 16310/26/2012

It is a sad day when someone's life is so small and self centered that they set about to take away a child's pet cat. You should be ashamed of yourself.

by Anonymousreply 16410/26/2012

The cat survived. Maybe now the neighbor will keep it out of OP' s yard. If he said he had an issue with a child in the neighborhood being a problem all of the haters would have all kinds of nasty comments.

by Anonymousreply 16510/26/2012

OP/R159, ALL I said was that you made more trouble for yourself by being lazy and NOT taking care of the underlying problem. You obviously are a confused, quibbling, passive-aggressive, inconsistent, trouble-making cunt who won't quietly and cleanly take care of a problem by simply and quietly eradicating the nuisance. No, you have to bring in the City and make a spectacle and alert the neighborhood you are a cunt.

Silly thing. Isn't it much better for everyone, when you're a cunt, to attempt to be discreet about it?

You didn't even secretively smear cat shit on their doorknob and anonymously tell the authorities the neighbors are abusing their children and pet. You HAD to insinuate yourself and spread those labia to full gape.

by Anonymousreply 16610/26/2012

Imagine bragging about killing small animals. Is George Romney posting here these days?

by Anonymousreply 16710/26/2012

[quote] Imagine bragging about killing small animals. Is George Romney posting here these days?

No, just that psychopath Brandon

by Anonymousreply 16810/26/2012

With all the frautrage over the poor kitty on this thread, you'd think the thread about the murdered baby and grandma would be flooded with posts. But there are exactly two one-word comments in that thread after almost 90 minutes: "Meh" and "Awful."

Why is OP's story more upsetting than a slaughtered infant?

by Anonymousreply 16910/26/2012

You are a fucking CUNT OP. I hope the God damned cat scratches your fucking eyes out.

What's the big deal about some paw prints?

by Anonymousreply 17010/26/2012

R156 thinks he is George Zimmerman...maybe he is?

by Anonymousreply 17110/26/2012

OK then.

Real scenario.

You live in a house with no pets and a fenced yard. You don't realize that a neighborhood cat makes the rounds walking through your yard . . . until . . . unknowingly you step in cat shit and track it into your house and then have to have your carpet cleaned.

You mow your own lawn, keep it clean and free of leaves and generally well kept -- but on occasion you discover new cat shit turds in the yard.

You don't know whose cat it is. Obviously someone in the neighborhood thinks nothing of letting their cat be an "outdoor" cat and roam far and wide.

What would you do?

If I had pets again, I would be on high alert when in the back yard, but every so often their a little precious present from some asshole neighbor's cat just waiting to be stepped on.

Should I set land mines?

by Anonymousreply 17210/26/2012

OP, you're the type that inspire some of us to become snipers. If I were you, I'd be wary of any laser lights dancing around you head.

by Anonymousreply 17310/26/2012

[quote]When this cat gets out, OP, he's going to get you.

I know! He's gonna rip out your trachea while you're sleeping. Don't leave any windows open.

by Anonymousreply 17510/26/2012

OP, if you don't like living in a community with other people, then you should probably get a better paying job, save some money, and buy a secluded house away from everyone else so you can live in isolation and be in total control of your surroundings. It's a fucking cat you douche bag. Most neighborhoods are full of them and most sane people would never obsess and be as vindictive as you in that situation. What you did was the definitely "cunt worthy." I hope your neighbors start calling the authorities on any little thing you do that would warrant it. Please keep us posted because your neighbors WILL get revenge against you sooner or later, and I want to bask in their joy and your outrage.

by Anonymousreply 17610/26/2012

I'm a cat and dog owner. I realize I am responsible for my animals and what they do. I go to great lengths to insure my dog doesn't shit in someone's yard or bark at night to keep others awake. I also care enough about my cat (and dog) to keep it indoors where it is safe.

Would that some of my neighbors were as watchful.

If you are a pet owner, you are responsible for your pet and what it does. Anything else is carelessness and being inconsiderate of others.

by Anonymousreply 17710/26/2012

Oh please! A cat jumps on your car and leaves some prints on it? Takes a poop in the garden? You'd think you had a wild horse or St. Bernard running around shitting all over the place.

Please seek help for your OCD tendencies. An SSRI could work wonders for you, OP.

by Anonymousreply 17810/26/2012

How Eurocentric of OP.

If you don't have a pet, your yard, car, and shitty shitty carport belongs to the neighbor's cat.

Cats were not consulted when your deed was drawn up so you can't bitch when they annex your yard.

It's a firstest first nation type of thing. You owe that cat reparations, acreage, and mules. Lots of mules.

by Anonymousreply 17910/26/2012

All the people screaming 'Mary' at the OP obviously don't know cats.

They can be very destructive to local bird populations, destroy gardens and attract other cats by scent marking.

It's not just a matter of a few logs near OP's heritage roses.

OP is probably an Extremely Sensitive Type, but still...

by Anonymousreply 18010/26/2012

I had the same problem with a neighbor's cat where I used to live. It would shit on my door mat and no matter what I did, it kept coming back, even after I replaced the door mat! And I too told the neighbor about it and she didn't care one bit. So one night, when I got from work, there was the cat poop. SO, I picked up the mat, and smeared the shit ALLLLLLL over my neighbor's door. I mean, ALL OVER...I poop painted the heck out of it and left the mat on her door step (because she always used to walk around barefoot). She was a dirtbag so the shit stayed on the door for a few days. And although she never knew it was me, she moved out a few weeks later. I was SO happy with myself then!

by Anonymousreply 18210/26/2012

She should be keeping her cat indoors. I hate irresponsible pet owners.

by Anonymousreply 18310/26/2012

You know, it isn't always a cat that shits in your yard. There are also squirrels, possums, skunks, and raccoons out there. They all shit too.

by Anonymousreply 18410/26/2012

OP in the afterlife Miss Sissy Boodles gets to torment you for all eternity.

by Anonymousreply 18510/26/2012

Wow, you are not only all kinds of tedious, but you are also a huge asshole. If she hadn't seen the Animal Control truck, the woman would have never know what happened to her cat (because I'm sure you wouldn't have volunteered the info) and the animal would have been put down. You are a stellar example of why there should be a People Control instead of Animal Contrl.

by Anonymousreply 18610/26/2012

I also say asshole, in this particular case.

OP, are you sure you even told them you knew whose cat it was? In most towns, Animal Control will take a complaint about neighbor's pets anonymously, investigate a bit, then speak directly to the owners about the offense(s) and what they must do in order to maintain custody of the pet in question, as well as cite any applicable fines.

by Anonymousreply 18710/26/2012

Cats bury their shit, so who cares? Free fertilizer.

by Anonymousreply 18810/26/2012

OP, I feel your pain. When I was younger I couldn't afford an attached garage and a gardener, either :(

by Anonymousreply 18910/26/2012

Congrats OP, all you've accomplished is to make an enemy out of your neighbor and the cat situation won't change. Now the cat will be harder to trap a second time and you wasted local resources to fulfill your petty little vendetta. If you're a monster like R156 and do something to your neighbor's cat, what if she just keeps replacing it?

R64's approach is a good one: Make your yard a less pleasant place for a cat to be. They have motion sensor sprinklers that work very well as a cat deterrent. Or borrow a friend's large dog for the weekend - cats will avoid dog yards. And maybe invest in a car cover. Small price to pay for your precious peace of mind.

by Anonymousreply 19010/27/2012

Only failures live in poor neighborhoods like Mary OP.

We have always lived in very expensive neighborhoods.

by Anonymousreply 19110/27/2012

I was in a similar situation a few years ago as you, OP. My neighbor was a good person and she and I were friends, but she wouldn't get her male tomcat fixed and then she was given two female kittens and wouldn't get them fixed. She insisted that everything would be fine as long as she kept the females locked indoors (the male was allowed to roam outside) and she was convinced that her male cat wouldn't fuck the females. ALL the unneutered males in a 50 mile radius started coming by at night and yowling like mad as they fought each other over the scent of the young females in heat. I complained to my neighbor about the noise and talked to her about low-cost spay/neuter options and even offered to take her cats there to be spayed for her, and she thanked me and said no no, she had it under control, she was planning on getting it done eventually, blah blah.

Of course, both the females got pregnant and had litters and they all looked like the neighbors' male tomcat. Then my neighbor told me she was planning on taking the kittens to the shelter so they could be adopted out, but first she was going to wait until they were 8 weeks old. But she still had most of the kittens by the time they were three, then four months old and she was letting all of them roam around outside. They were crawling all over my yard and shitting in it constantly. I couldn't mow or rake the lawn without stepping in shit.

I have a dog and whenever I took him out for a walk he'd get a mouthful of fresh cat shit while I walked him from the front door to the street, as it was all over the front yard and he seemed to think it was an irresistible delicacy. Cats actually carry a disease called toxoplasmosis that is highly transmittable to dogs and humans via feces of young cats, so it is more than likely that my dog and I both have toxoplasmosis now. Once you contract it, you have it for the rest of your life and it can fuck up your neurological functions and cause suicidal tendencies. About 1/3 of people have toxoplasmosis because of domesticated cats.

I am conflict-averse and did not want to ruin my friendship with my neighbor, but it made me absolutely furious that she refused to keep her cats inside and refused to get them fixed and dismissed my complaints about the noise and the shit and the cats in my yard. I seriously considered getting traps from animal control and doing exactly what the OP did, and fully believe I'd have been justified in doing so. Neither cats nor dogs should be allowed to run around loose onto other peoples' property to shit in other peoples' yards.

Cats are also a MAJOR contributing factor as to the decimation of North American songbird populations, which have dropped 40% in the last 30 years. They should be kept inside for their own safety, as they can be killed by cars or contract deadly diseases from other cats like feline leukemia and FIV through fighting.

I think the OP could've handled the situation better and given a clearer warning to the woman that he'd call animal control if the problem persisted, but I also understand his intense frustration and anger and think that he was within his rights to trap and report the cat since it was obvious his neighbor had no intention of doing anything.

by Anonymousreply 19210/27/2012

BEST EST IN A LONG TIME! Hit all the right notes. Got all the outraged reactions. And so far (I'm on page three) OP hasn't fucked it up with useless extraneous details.

Kudos! Kudos to you, OP!

by Anonymousreply 19310/27/2012

Wow, Bengali. You are so miserable. What has happened to you? It's truly sad. I feel really sorry for you.

by Anonymousreply 19410/27/2012

[quote] so it is more than likely that my dog and I both have toxoplasmosis now

God your whole post is tedious...

by Anonymousreply 19510/27/2012

When a pet goes missing and you don't know what happened to it the suffering is not only great but lasts along time. You always wonder about what happened to your cat, what horrible fate it might have met. Think of when a child goes missing, the family never has closure, ever. Most places very few animals get adopted, especially cats. Where I live they don't even try and adopt them out they just kill them. Shame on you

by Anonymousreply 19610/27/2012

In my city all cats have to be licensed and it's illegal to allow your cat to trespass on someone else's property without permission, so in an elaborate scenario such as this OP wouldn't even have to trap the cat, just file a complaint with the police.

We had a cat who used to use the sandbox belonging to the little girls next door as a litter box. But she also used to allow the girls to dress her up in doll clothes, so there was a tradeoff I guess.

by Anonymousreply 19710/27/2012

Cats left to roam around outside deserve to be killed because they kill birds.

Good riddance

by Anonymousreply 19810/27/2012

"Conflict-averse"?? Don't you mean you are a big pussy?

by Anonymousreply 19910/27/2012

People seem to have a problem with the concept that your rights END where your neighbor's rights begin.

Your cat can do whatever you want or allow it to do on your own property. When it crosses over to your neighbor's property - there's a problem.

Same with everything else.

by Anonymousreply 20010/27/2012

[quote]Wow, Bengali. You are so miserable. What has happened to you? It's truly sad. I feel really sorry for you. (by: Anonymous reply 194)

Let me break this down for you, grief troll.

Obvious flippant response to obvious troll post:

[quote]tNot to be judgmental or anything (who, me?), but anyone who allows their cat outside in a suburban or urban setting is asking for trouble. It's either going to get hit by a car or mauled by a similarly neglected dog or poisoned by a looneytune. I don't have a problem with the OP.

Obvious DL in-joke response to obvious troll post:

[quote]Next time? Rope, burlap bag, creek. You know the drill.

I don't require your uninformed pronouncement on my state of mind. I don't require your bewilderment. I don't require your misplaced pity. If you actually followed my authenticated responses on pet threads, you would realize that I care very much about animals. I even frequently post anonymously on certain consolation threads so as not to draw unwanted attention to myself.

I grew up in the country. The animals I cared for included cats (both barn and indoor), dogs, horses, ponies, cows, steers, rabbits, turtles, crawdads, and fish. As an adult, I have owned both cats and dogs (though I freely admit to preferring dogs). I have rescued animals since the age of eight. In short, I give a shit.

I also expect urban pet owners to be responsible and keep their animals inside. Cats are not made for living in an urban environment. They breed rapidly. Their kittens often wind up dropped off at kill shelters by owners or released into warehouse districts where they grow up feral with an extremely limited lifespan. You might know this if you have actually worked with a catch/spay (or neuter)/release program as I have.

Not to be judgmental or anything (who, me?), but get a sense of humor and drop the pious bullshit. It doesn't suit you, whomever you are, r194.

by Anonymousreply 20110/27/2012

You never saw Catwoman, asshole?

by Anonymousreply 20210/27/2012

It's a typical day in Datalounge, U.S.A. OP posts a problem he is having with a selfish, destructive neighbor who thinks no one has rights except her, and all the jackasses pile on him. But there's always a poster or two who understands the issues in play, most recently [R192] and [R200]. Thank you, gentlemen or ladies.

by Anonymousreply 20310/27/2012

What kind of cats do you people have in your neighborhood?

Cats bury their shit. They like to do it in secret places.

Jesus just get some predator spray.

Cats shitting on peoples doormats? Whaaaa? Is this cat 6 feet tall and smokes on their porch rather than in the house? Do they set the shit on fire and then ring the doorbell?

Some day we're going to live in a world where all the animals are restrained. Or just plain wiped out.

by Anonymousreply 20410/27/2012

I don't think people have a problem with OP wanting the situation to be fixed. I think people have a problem with the way he handled it. I think I would have trapped the cat and brought it to the neighbour and told her that, next time, I would be bringing it to animal control.

by Anonymousreply 20510/27/2012

I the the op is an tightassed waste of space. Good grief, he acted like the cat...acting like a cat, was a federal offence. You live in a neighborhood op, we all have to put up with neighbors. Cat prints on your car! Big fucking DEAL.

by Anonymousreply 20610/27/2012

Now that the cat is back, you need to get a trap with a space for a big brick. Throw the trap off the bridge into the river. Problem solved

by Anonymousreply 20710/27/2012

There are so many twats posting here, for whom stuffing the offending cat's head up their asses and throwing them into the river in that position would be the appropriate means of respite from ceaseless annoyance.

by Anonymousreply 20810/28/2012

You blew it with your latest "update," OP. You had a lot of people going but now you just 100% exposed yourself as an EST. This. Never. Happened.

by Anonymousreply 21010/28/2012

How did I do that? Because I posted that her poor henpecked husband came over and apologized?

by Anonymousreply 21110/28/2012

[quote]now you just 100% exposed yourself as an EST. This. Never. Happened.

Get a load of Ms. Nancy Drew.

OP very clearly is a troll who was just trying to get a rise out of you creepy cat people. Bravo to that!

by Anonymousreply 21210/28/2012

[quote]I offered him a cup of hot cocoa, which he gratefully accepted and drank, and went on his way. I told him to stop by if he ever wanted to "chat." I think he got my meaning. Poor guy.

We never got cocoa.

by Anonymousreply 21310/28/2012

[quote] Because I posted that her poor henpecked husband came over and apologized?

Pretty much. You pushed it with the part about the teary kid, but according to your fictional tale you did try to murder her pet. But no way in hell did the husband come apologize to you after you attempted to have their cat murdered for the crimes of fertilizing your garden and having paws.

Nice job, though. It's rare to see such a successful troll these days.

by Anonymousreply 21410/28/2012

You are nuts, R214.

by Anonymousreply 21510/28/2012

Don't be mad because you pushed the envelope too far. It was, by all accounts, a very successful trolling. You should feel happy. According to your other EST posts I found thanks to troll-dar, don't you have a hotel worker or gardner you need to suck off? ;)

by Anonymousreply 21610/28/2012

Brandon is back!

by Anonymousreply 21710/31/2012

I hope you catch toxoplasmposis from the cat shit you bastard. Why not try patting pussy? You might like it.

by Anonymousreply 21810/31/2012

This is why I love Trader Joes.

by Anonymousreply 21910/31/2012

I don't believe for a minute that the neighbor's husband came over. I think you are lying.Cat killer and a liar

by Anonymousreply 22010/31/2012

Bump for the secretly gay husband.

by Anonymousreply 22111/20/2012

I know this is an old thread which has recently been bumped but the OP had every right to insist this woman keep her cat off of his/her property. Why should others have to tolerate people's pets ruining their belongings? Someone (I can't be bothered going back to look at the post number) said something along the lines of, "paw prints on your car, big deal". Cats have claws and they scratch the paintwork. Why should people have to tolerate that shit? Keep your bloody cats in your own yards. Let them scratch YOUR car if it isn't a big deal. It would not have killed OP to warn her that the cat would be reported if nothing was done, but her pathetic bullshit of sending the teary kid over was just that, pathetic!

by Anonymousreply 22405/10/2013

[quote] Keep your bloody cats in your own yards

Keep your car in the garage. Problem solved.

by Anonymousreply 22505/10/2013

OP, you are an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 22605/10/2013

r225, I hope you get mugged on the street and the police tell you, "stay in your house, problem solved."

by Anonymousreply 22705/10/2013

People like r225 don't realise that THEY are the problem and the world apparently should revolve around them and their cats!

by Anonymousreply 22805/10/2013

Cats belong inside the house for many, many reasons that have been posted here. I sympathize with the OP but there are better ways to handle a nuisance such as this cat. Here's how I handled a similar problem:

I told my neighbor that her cat kept coming into my yard to yowl at the back door all day, and at night, went around to my bedroom window and yowled all night. It was literally driving me mad. She said her cat had the right to do whatever it wanted. I said, in that case, I was going to solve the problem as I saw fit. I bought organic fish fertilizer and sprayed it on the cat, who took off like a rocket for the kitty door. I can only imagine the ambient stench and nasty paw-prints the neighbor found everywhere when she got home that evening. Problem solved.

by Anonymousreply 22905/10/2013

In the days before leash laws, we NEVER had a cat in our yard.

by Anonymousreply 23005/10/2013

Good grief this seems to be a very hateful thread.......aaaaanyway I am in the middle of dealing with this very thing. Our neighbor has 5 or 6 cats and they use my flower beds as a litter box. Really REALLY annoying!!! My plants are dying. Yesterday I noticed they dug up a plant. I don't mind cats and I understand that most people let their cats roam but at the end of the day these people are fully responsible for any damage that their cats do to your property. Plus having a surprise in my hands everytime i weed is gross. I haven't talked to my neighbors yet but there are a few alternatives that I am going to try before I expect them to take drastic measures. I already put some cheap mouse traps out where ever I saw poop. I think I'm also going to try and sprinkle Cheyenne pepper throughout. I have read that this is very effective. Trapping them would be a last resort and that would be after I warned the neighbors and they still did nothing. They are my neighbors after all and I am going to be stuck next to them for a long time so I don't plan on creating enemies.

So there is an actual useful response to this matter. All you people out there who choose to do all the name calling need to chill out and have a little bit more respect. It sure is sad to see people that think because they can be annonymous means they are allowed to say anything.

by Anonymousreply 23105/17/2013

R231, place rose thorn cuttings atop all your garden beds. The cats will not want to use your space any longer, as it will hurt their paws. There's also a type of gravel that's sharp that will dissuade them, if you can handle having gravel everywhere.

by Anonymousreply 23205/17/2013

Dude, you are an ASSHOLE. A horrid neighbor. And honestly, dropping the cat off in some remote location to fend for itself--probably get hit by a car? NOT A GOOD IDEA. Put some cayenne pepper amongst the flowers, or some animal repellent... Or, since you seem not to have much of a life,get a squirt gun and squirt the cat when it comes in your yard...

by Anonymousreply 23305/17/2013

I have never in my life seen a cat "climbing all over" a car.

by Anonymousreply 23405/17/2013

Fuck all you bitches, OP has the right to do anything s/he wants. It's his property.

by Anonymousreply 23505/17/2013

Cats should be kept indoors. Period.

But OP is still an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 23605/17/2013

Wait. I thought we decided this was a troll posting. Upstring, the man switches the story from a "teary son" coming over to a "henpecked husband."

In any event, I live in a hilltop neighborhood overrun with cats and with few cars driving around. I've seen pawprints on my car. Sometimes cats come and sit on the hood where it's warm. I don't care. Why should I? The car also has dust and grit on it from my commute. I wash it. Big Effin Deal.

We had a psychopath in our neighborhood who killed our dog. If this was a real post, and I caught you making off with my cat, you would not find a "teary son" or a "henpecked husband" at your door. You'd find one pissed-off neighbor with a big chip on his shoulder.

by Anonymousreply 23705/17/2013

I'm with OP as far as he gets to protect his property and he did warn the neighbor.

I've come across pet owners who act like the world has to run around them and they tend to also be hostile, passive-aggressive (i.e. sending over your child and/or hen-pecked gay husband as proxy) and vengeful.

OP, I'd try to talk with the neighbor again, you will be living next to each other for a long time. You may be able to find some common ground where it involves the rights of property.

Also document what's going on, even if you you have to go so far as to put up some surveillance cameras.

by Anonymousreply 23805/17/2013

[quote]Good grief this seems to be a very hateful thread

Aren't they all? Seriously.

by Anonymousreply 23905/17/2013

[quote]I have never in my life seen a cat "climbing all over" a car.

Neither have I, and I live in a neighborhood with quite a few stray cats: some pets, some feral.

by Anonymousreply 24005/17/2013

So I started reading the thread, although it wasn't very interesting, and I thought that perhaps OP had a point. Then he let loose with "her sniveling little crotch dropping," describing a small child, and it became apparent that anything that the cat might have deposited on the car would be more appealing than OP.

by Anonymousreply 24105/17/2013

OP thrives off attention and adulation for his over the top ways: 'Ooohh, look what I did, I better go post about it'. OP, no one else will tell you this, but you're exactly the type of person no one will miss when you finally die. Everyone will breathe a sign of relief and be glad. Cunt.

by Anonymousreply 24205/17/2013

OP is Tig Notaro

by Anonymousreply 24305/27/2013

OP. do we have to tell you how to do everything? After capturing the cat, mix up a solution of tobacco sauce and vodka. Suck up about a teaspoon worth in an ear bulb. Take the cat back to your car or wherever you want him to avoid. While still in the cage, lift his tail and squirt some of the solution up his butt. The stinging of the Tabasco will make him avoid that location and the calming effect of the alcohol will make it easier to get him out of the cage and back into his yard.

by Anonymousreply 24506/01/2013

I hope when OP dies, he comes back as a cat.

by Anonymousreply 24606/01/2013

OP You should go shit in the middle of the living room off every ignorant fool who posted here defending your neighbors behavior. Crazy cat and dog people often have more respect for their pets than they do other human beings. What right do you crazy cat and dog people have to tell someone else how to feel or what to do about their property. Unless you pay the bills at OP's house; you really need to shut the f**k up.

by Anonymousreply 24706/01/2013

not a cat. a mouse living in a barn full of cats.

by Anonymousreply 24806/01/2013

I live on five acres of land in the country and have the same problem with our neighbors' huge dog who shits in our yard, has ripped up one of the flower beds and has on occasion come into our house via the door which was left ajar and eaten the cat food (which is indoors). That dog scratched the hardwood floors once when he came in.

The neighbors wanted to know why we kept the door open as if their dog had the right to go in our house.

In the end, we put a tiny cat door in the door we used to keep ajar since we kept it ajar so our cats could come and go as they pleased.

The neighbors' dog still comes in the yard and shits. I don't blame the dog because its owners don't keep it off our property. I would never harm the dog or do anything spiteful regardless of the fact that I'm not a fan of the neighbors. Animals were meant to be wild. We can attempt to domesticate them but they have instinctual behavior. If a human was shitting in our yard, that'd be a different story.

So all you cat haters, your dogs can be as much of a nuisance to us cat people.

by Anonymousreply 24906/01/2013

[all posts by tedious troll removed.]

by Anonymousreply 25006/01/2013

Our alpha cat died in January. He had pretty much ruled the roost, fighting and lording over the other cat, even though the other cat weighed 20+ pounds more than the old cat. A few days after the first cat died, the remaining cat seemed to blossom. He has become more affectionate. I think the best thing is he comes to us when he needs to go out. Now he rarely uses the box, and he loves sunning himself and chasing chipmunks in the secured back yard.

I've never been much of a cat person, but this one is growing on me.

by Anonymousreply 25106/01/2013

People who live behind drawn curtains are not well.

by Anonymousreply 25206/01/2013

holy crap

I suspect my neighbour of doing something to my missing cat. He's old and mad and bored, and always hated my cat. He made a threat to 'kill' my cat, now my cat is missing...... Coincidence?

As a complete bored, crazy asshole, what do YOU think my neighbour did to my cat? Abducted then dumped him? I need a point of view of a horrible human being with too much free time, such as yourself

by Anonymousreply 25306/27/2013

Cats that roam outside should be killed instantly because they kill untold amounts of birds each year.

If you want your cat to stay alive, keep it indoors.

by Anonymousreply 25406/27/2013

"The neighbors' dog still comes in the yard and shits"

Our neighbour's dog used to do the same thing - actually trained by our nut-bitch-cunt neighbour to do it on our land...

Until she received her EXTRA-SPECIAL Christmas present last year...

by Anonymousreply 25506/27/2013

This blog was right on target!!! Why is that some people think it's ok for their Cats to roam the neighbor and crap in everyone's yards, drive the dogs crazy.., but our dogs have to be leashed?

Word up..., Cats in many counties are not allowed to roam just as Dogs are not. They must be constrained from roaming and being in others property without their consent. I have a beagle that ever fricking day.., goes absolutely crazy at 0700 in the am because I have the neighbors cats taking up residence around my backyard, sleeping in the chair cushions around the pool deck and crapping everywhere WHICH THEN MY DOG EATS AND GETS SICK!! I am going out of my way to get rid of my Cat problem and I don't give crap about my neighbors feelings as they don't give a damn about anyone else. If they did.., They would realize the fricking cat does not crap in their house AS THEY DON'T HAVE A LITTER BOX INSIDE, THEY DON'T FIND CAT POOP IN THEIR YARD>> So why don't they ask themselves just once.., where the hell is the CAT dumping.

I'm going to kill the little bastards.

by Anonymousreply 25607/05/2013

There's a thread around here somewhere written by another sociopathic nutjob who allegedly fed Valium and Xanax to his neighbors' dog in raw meatballs, which he threw over the fence to the dog.

This one: 2/10 The dog one: 9/10

257 replies here, and as many at the other one. You're all fools.

by Anonymousreply 25707/05/2013

Do you honestly think that animals know when they are invading your property? All animals roam. We have deer that sometimes come on our land, and yes they sometimes shit, but i'm not clutching my pearls and frothing at the fucking mouth about it. There are probably some stray dogs and cats roaming about too, but they are not hurting anything for fucks sake. I have a pooper scooper, and if I find any animal waist on my land I get rid of it, we have raccoons and squirrels, so who knows what is taking the occasional dump on my land. For fucks sake you should be more concerned that your dog EATS shit! That is a sign of a vitamin defect btw. There are also things you can spray in your yard to keep the animals away. You can get water sprinklers that will go off when an animal comes into your yard, it does not hurt the animal, but since they hate getting wet, they will take off. There are lots of options you can try without being a mega douche bag.

by Anonymousreply 25807/05/2013

Our neighbor's dog used to come in our yard, too, until we started shooting it with an air rifle. We ditn't do it hard enough to break the skin, just hard enough to sting, and after a few days the dog stopped coming into our yard.

by Anonymousreply 25907/05/2013

I hope I never get someone like you as a neighbor.

No wonder you lead such a sad and lonely life.

by Anonymousreply 26007/05/2013

What comes out of the air rifle you use to shoot dogs, R259 (albeit not "hard enough to break skin")?

by Anonymousreply 26107/05/2013

Beebees, r261. My parents live in the country, and keep the rifle by the back door to scare raccoons off the porch at night. It happens to also work on the neighbor's dog.

by Anonymousreply 26207/05/2013

I wouldn't want you as a neighbor, either, R262 R259. Anyone who thinks it's cool to shoot at dogs isn't cool.

by Anonymousreply 26307/06/2013

It's not doing any damage to the dog, and it's keeping the dog from damaging our property. Since the owner won't take responsibility for their pet, would you rather I call the county animal control, which will put the dog to sleep?

by Anonymousreply 26407/06/2013

No, I wouldn't want you to call the county animal control. But, that's not the point! You obviously don't get it. Dogs will be dogs, you can't expect them to take responsibility all the time...honestly!

by Anonymousreply 26507/06/2013

I'd like to come over and shoot bbs at you, R264 and see how you like it. If you did that to my dog, that's what I'd do to you. What a fucking asshole you are, R264. I hope someone shoots you today down there in Alabama.

by Anonymousreply 26607/06/2013

[quote]I wasn't going to bother posting in this thread again, but I have an update.

What I love about DL is that no matter what, people who post fake threads like this always feel compelled to come back and post "just one more update..." which is always even more elaborate than the first, and yet they're actually convinced people will believe it.

No matter how ridiculous it is, they can't help themselves. Part of them probably even starts to believe that the scenarios happen and/or are believable to other people. This is how you know the mentally unstable exist here on DL.

by Anonymousreply 26707/06/2013

by Anonymousreply 26807/09/2013

You are an asshole OP!

by Anonymousreply 26907/10/2013

I would fucking kill you!

by Anonymousreply 27007/21/2013

You know I believe people who have pets and kids are extremely selfish. They think nothing of having their kids run wild and infringe upon the personal space of others and don't get me started on pet owners, dogs especially. Few of you fucking dog owners will pick up after your animals and you lazy cat owners who let their animals out to avoid litter duty disgust me. You dog owners have destroyed public parks so that people can't even have lawn picnics anymore. How about we all just forget indoor plumbing and just shit along the sidewalks and public parks and other spaces. Clearly, many of you are just as much animals in your hygiene as your pets are.

by Anonymousreply 27107/21/2013

you couldn't have worked something out with the neighbors? paw prints on your car and a little turd in your yard? how do you even know it was their cat? do you know raccoons also poop in yards? thank goodness they saw the animal control van leave. the cat could have been killed over something so petty. you are a cruel coward.

do you sit outside with a shot gun and kill the local birds for pooing wherever they please?

by Anonymousreply 27207/21/2013

I live to next to a real life version of this troll. I never let my cat outside, but sometimes stray cats walk over her corner property. That is not fenced. This old battleaxe has started mouthing off about how she hates cats and wants them all taken away. I tried to explain the 'vacuum effect' to her and her eyes glazed over. (Studies show that when free roaming cats are removed, voila more take their place.) I even bought her expensive scat mats for her shitty garden bed and liquid cat fence to repel cats. Instead of shutting the fck up she has starting complaining again like a broken record. She says the cats crap on her lawn but never has proof to show anyone. Anyway, it sucks to try and be calm and polite and deal with someone who has no life except to bitch about cats walking across her property and allegedly being cats. I am planning on contacting every animal rescue group I can to explain how cats work and also to try and move them before she harms them (she already was cryptic and made references to finding newborn kittens near her trash and how "angry they made her" Imagine that newborn kittens make you "angry" Can't wait to move the heck away from such an evil old piece of work.

by Anonymousreply 27308/28/2013

You're a fucking idiot OP.

by Anonymousreply 27408/28/2013

its a cat. it does stuff like that. OP is a jackass

by Anonymousreply 27508/28/2013

I hope someone smears cat-shit on OP's front door.

by Anonymousreply 27608/28/2013

This thread was bumbed, why? You actually looked for it, asshole?

by Anonymousreply 27708/28/2013

Good for you, op, your neighbors sound like real assholes. They remind me of those crappy parents that let their brats run around restaurants and destroy everyone's dining experience.

by Anonymousreply 27808/28/2013

The OP is a total twat.

by Anonymousreply 27908/28/2013

you are cruel...

but sure, your neighbors are assholes too.

by Anonymousreply 28008/28/2013

Drop a stove on it, OP.

by Anonymousreply 28108/28/2013

Geez.. From the tone of all the wildly anti-OP posts here, anyone arriving at the site for the first time would come to the conclusion that a large segment of DL's readership consists of adolescent girls (of both sexes). OP's handling of the situation was perfectly reasonable, if a bit bothersome to himself. As the "Dexter" replies here demonstrate, many would simply eliminate the the problem and leave the thoughtless "pet lovers" to wonder. In my hippy-dippy time-warped burgh in Northern California, thoughtless, self-absorbed pet owners are the rule, not the exception. The cats play hell with the native bird populations, and make home vegetable gardens a lot of extra work, but it's the dogs running around that are the real hazard. I can't count the number of times I've been confronted with aggressive, off-lead dogs, often in packs, or nearly clobbered one running in front of my vehicle. Fed up, I took to packing my hunting knife when I walked my own dog. I ended up in a confrontation with some asshole contractor (is there any other kind?)from another town who was letting his two big Sheppard dogs run loose in the neighborhood. His dogs came after me and my dog, and when I flipped out that knife he came running. I told him that if my dog or myself came to grief, I was going to make sure he'd thoroughly regret the episode. Of course he swore and blustered his way around it, but from then on he arrived on-site, less the dogs.

There have been many instances of animal poisonings in this town, I can't imagine doing that myself, but with pet owner's attitudes here, I'm surprised it doesn't happen more often.

Now, to ensure my being flamed by the TNH trolls, I have a tale from my teenage years. Decades ago, in a flat my mom rented in San Francisco's Sunset District, we ended up with the proverbial neighbor from Hell. This guy constantly complained about anything and everything. He claimed to be awakened by the sound of urine hitting the toilet if my brother or I had a pee in the night. He was also an incredibly arrogant college professor, a tight-assed New England transplant with huge attitude. This creep had a large, unruly dog that proceeded to shit in the backyard until you literally could not avoid it. When the property managers (same tribe as the tenant) told, not asked, but TOLD my brother to clean up the mess, I let them know that we'd happily comply. Bro' and I gathered all of the turds, dozens of them, into a large galvanized bucket. I proceeded up the stairs to his front door. I dumped the entire mess on the landing. A kettle of boiling water was waiting in our place, I took that, and an appropriately-worded sign, planted same sign in the poop and marinated the lot. Brother and I sat quietly in our place and waited. Suddenly, a shriek, not unlike what would issue from a terrified woman-came echoing down the stucco stairwell. We collapsed into hysterics as the phone began ringing. I picked it up and let him listen to the uncontrolled derision in the flat below him.

He never made trouble for us again, and completely avoided my brother and I until the day we left that shitty (pun intended) flat.

Yes, It.Did.Really.Happen.

by Anonymousreply 28208/28/2013

OP here, returning with another update.

The family moved two weeks ago, but they made my life pure hell for the last year and a half. I started parking in my garage and bought one of those mesh netting things to keep the cat out of my flower bed and it seemed to have worked.

After the original incident, I noticed they would keep the cat indoors until they thought I wasn't at home, but they misjudged my schedule a few times and I saw it, but said nothing.

The woman would make a point it give me the stink eye whenever she saw me outside. Things escalated the following summer after my original post, when I had an intimate dinner party in my home, that later moved to my back patio. She called the police and told them I was having a "drug" party and that we were having an orgy outside.

Of course, when the police came, they found no such thing. A couple of days later, the husband again comes over to apologize, and tells me that the police threatened to arrest her for making a false report if she pulled that stunt again. Apparently, she said something about the "fags across the street" when the cop came back to her house, so he pretty much knew what was going on.

The next day, the wife bangs on my door. I didn't answer at first, but she started yelling for me, and I answered so she wouldn't call attention from the other neighbors. She accuses me of trying to "start something" with her husband and informs me that he won't be "wandering" over to my house again, and that I was not to speak to him.

I was subjected to several petty nuisances after that, including that she trained her son to shoot the bird at me whenever he saw me (all of this happened when the husband wasn't around, mind you).

A little over a month ago, I noticed a "for sale" sign in front of their house and thought Oh, thank heaven!" They proceeded to spend weeks loading mountains of crap into a giant moving truck. I don't know how they fit all that shit into the house.

Then a 2nd truck appeared, which nearly blocked my driveway for a week. They filled that one up as well. Finally, the trucks left and I thought it was over. A day or so later the wife comes back and bangs on my door again, informing me that they're moving out of state and that I'll never see her husband again. I already hadn't seen him for months at that point, and joked to friends that I think she killed him and buried the body in the back yard. This nutty thing obviously has a screw loose.

The following day, the husband shows up, telling me that it's only the wife who's moving out of state; they have separated and he's filed for divorce.

I told him he was welcome to come by for a visit anytime (but that he should call first, of course).

So that's the end of that, I guess. A lovely single gentleman and his father bought the house, and they do not have any cats!

by Anonymousreply 28304/17/2014

Thanks for the update OP! For the record, I was on your side. My neighborhood has several crazy cat ladies who think the same way as your ex neighbor did. I have a tiny chihuahua that I couldn't let out in the backyard by herself because she thinks she is a tough little bitch but the roaming cats are huge and have claws. I posted on the neighborhood website about an incident one evening where a cat with a red collar was sitting on my grill, hissing at my dog and the crazy erupted. Pretty much the same shit your neighbor spewed, cats can take care of themselves etc. I ended up getting a second dog, a big rescue mix. He has happily rid the backyard of cats, and he and little dog can enjoy their turf safely now. Also, those who said paw prints on the car are no big deal obviously don't have nice, clean cars.

by Anonymousreply 28404/17/2014

Uh oh, OP. Your new neighbors sound like dog lovers. Just wait until the incessant barking for hours on end each evening.

I have two retarded dogs in my neighborhood that won't shut the fuck up. Any suggestions?

I got rid of the roaming cats, though. Heh heh.

by Anonymousreply 28504/17/2014

Sing it !

by Anonymousreply 28604/17/2014

[quote]sniveling little crotch dropping

I don't much like cats, and like cat lovers even less, but OP has demonstrated that he is unworthy of the turds that the cat (is presumed to have) left on his lawn.

Thank you for refraining from reproducing, OP. I regret that your parents were not as restrained.

by Anonymousreply 28704/17/2014

[quote]Then she starts back toward the house, screaming at me "You'll pay for this!" as she runs in and slams the door.

Your next door neighbor is Cersei Lannister???

by Anonymousreply 28804/17/2014

Yes R285 as a dog lover I also can't stand the neighbors who leave their dogs in the backyard to bark all night. If you own a pet, keep it indoors!

by Anonymousreply 28904/17/2014

You should have gotten the net and parked in the garage in the first place and avoided the whole conflict. It's not the cat's fault, animals don't understand what we like/don't like. The owners can't control an outdoor cat 24/7!Please always consider the lives of innocent creatures before material things.Flowers will wither come fall, a car will get dusty and rusty with use. The cat is a being with feelings and a soul.And the little boy loved him very much.Imagine how awful it would be to find that one of your friends had disappeared one day.As gay men we should have extra insight regarding not fitting into behavior that doesn't agree with others(in other words, you have a lot in common with the cat)Remember, in the old days gay men were "sent away" or jailed or killed for not fitting in.

by Anonymousreply 29004/17/2014

DAMN, R290. Your MARY card is definitely due for an upgrade!

by Anonymousreply 29104/17/2014

Lots of masculine men love animals and care about fellow earth inhabitants

by Anonymousreply 29204/17/2014

[R290], it was not the cat's fault, but it is the owner's fault. She could have come over and cleaned her cat's poop out of the OP's flowers, she could have offered a few car washes, but nope. She was entitled and everyone needs to love her cat and accept whatever it does to inconvenience everyone else.

by Anonymousreply 29304/17/2014

I hope the op is dead by now...and his car? Hopefully covered with eggs.

by Anonymousreply 29404/17/2014

R293 Flowers grow in the dirt. I mean, even soil you buy in the store is full of chicken shit for fertilizer.Why would this be such a big deal?How would you even know unless you were constantly digging it up? And why not just buy a car cover or take a wet paper towel...and goodbye paw-prints! OP must want to live in a plastic bubble or something.

by Anonymousreply 29504/17/2014

Can't handle neighbors with a cat...what an asshole. If the only thing that bothers you in life is a cat print on your car? Not much of a human being, are you? What a damn tight ass creep...

by Anonymousreply 29604/17/2014

R293-Op should have started with complaints and maybe she would have done this, but he just hauled of and kidnapped the poor thing

by Anonymousreply 29704/17/2014

Cat feces is not benign. I assume the OP saw the feces in when he was watering his flowers.

I would have put mothballs in my flower garden, provided the smell would not waft into my house, as the scent would act as a deterrent.

The owner of this cat was fortunate it was merely trapped. I've known of cat owners whose pets were poisoned.

by Anonymousreply 29804/17/2014

There are all kinds of animals about, that could poop in your garden but op has to have a cat imprisoned...because a cat possibly fertilized his garden! When you garden, you wear gloves for a reason. Op is a self centered, thoughtless jerk.

by Anonymousreply 29904/17/2014

I'm feeding a stray right now who has a pitiful limp. He must have stepped on glass or a nail. He's a little too feral for me to assist him.

I've buried a coule out back who had obvious signs of poisoning, then expired.

Keep. House. Cats. Indoors.

by Anonymousreply 30004/17/2014

So many thoughtless, selfish, complaining little twats! You are lucky to have roaming cats in a neighborhood but you're too stupid to know it.

by Anonymousreply 30104/17/2014

I agree, R300. Indoor cats live longer.

by Anonymousreply 30204/17/2014

Outdoor cats have shorter life spans but at least it's a life.

In my town they go to the different neighborhoods, pick up Ferrell cats, fix them and then drop them back in their neighborhoods. No one is hurt simply because their stupid, perfect car MIGHT get stepped on.

by Anonymousreply 30304/17/2014

Like this, r303?

by Anonymousreply 30404/17/2014

You people must live in absolute squalor. My house and yard is my showplace in addition to being my home. Most of the people who live on my street feel the same way about theirs. Animals and children running loose are a menace to the quiet and cleanliness we aspire to.

I'm confident that these new neighbors share these values.

by Anonymousreply 30604/17/2014

I can't believe you people have been falling for this made up scenario for 2 years.

by Anonymousreply 30704/17/2014

I saw what YOU DID and know who YOU ARE.

by Anonymousreply 30804/17/2014

If your neighbor's animal does anything on your property - the neighbor is to blame.

I don't care if you have a dog a cat or a bird. Keep your animal on your own property.

If your animal is allowed to run loose, tough shit. It can die via coyote, car, or vengeful neighbor. You let it go free, you accept the responsibility. Cats are not natural in our environment. They decimate the bird population and their rodent control is limited. Let your cat roam free, suffer the consequences. Same with dogs. You own the animal, control it.

I agree with OP. People who let their pets run free are trash. Kill the damned thing. Shoot it. Poison it. Scare it. Whatever it takes. The idiot owners who let the animal run free are to blame.

I have many wild animals on my property. Skunks, coyotes, raccoons, possums, rats. Even deer. I put out deterrents for the deer. But the cats, thank GOD, have all been eaten by coyotes. You let those pests out in the wild, too fucking bad.

Any pet owner who lets their pet out in the neighborhood to run free deserves what they get. Predators, poison, you name it. It is a pet. Keep it in your damned house. If you can't control it, deal with the risk. That goes for all you assholes who let your dogs bark all day long too. Don't be surprised by the piles of chocolate in your yard and the resulting dead dog. Would I do that, no. Do I blame anyone who does? Nope. Your noise problem does not belong to your neighbor.

by Anonymousreply 30904/18/2014

Ah...chocolate. Thank you, R309. I love you.

by Anonymousreply 31104/18/2014

I have invited the husband to my annual Memorial Day pool party. It should be lots of fun.

Tasteful fun, of course.

by Anonymousreply 31204/18/2014

I'm siding with the OP.

As an owner of 3 cats, I can tell you that anyone who keeps their cat outdoors does not deserve to own one.

by Anonymousreply 31304/18/2014

I would never let my cats outdoors. The thought of wild animals running loose frightens me. Scary neighbors are even more frightening.

by Anonymousreply 31404/18/2014

OP should be trapped an properly ( or improperly ) disposed of.

by Anonymousreply 31504/18/2014

Yeah, R314. I think if I had a cat, I'd be more afraid of psycho neighbors than anything else. I hope OP has to shovel cat shit all day long in his next life.

by Anonymousreply 31604/18/2014

We live in a leafy residential neighborhood and have a cat who is outdoors during the day. We adopted him after he was abandoned in our yard.

There are other cats in the neighborhood and there are occasional cat fights. There is no law against letting cats run loose and ours is a big neutered male that we tried to keep inside until he became too destructive (destroying house plants etc). He loves to be outside and is not mean or aggressive.

We have a new neighbor with a male outdoor cat. For the first couple of months they fought, I would spray them with the hose to break it up, really soaking them a couple of times. They no longer fight and now avoid each other.

The new cat never comes in our yard anymore.

by Anonymousreply 31704/18/2014

I suspect is R310 is the kind of bitchy neighbor who lets their dog bark all day cooped up in the house. Then condemns the animal control letter. Wonders why the neighbors don't like hearing their kids scream all day long, and refuses to use turn signals.

It is all about you. Your actions should be accepted by everyone. No one should be bothered by anything you do. You probably ring up 75 items in the 15 or less aisle and don't bother to bring out your checkbook and coupons till all the groceries are bagged and ready to go. Then pay in a combo of check, change and credit card. This is after you block the grocery aisle sideways with your cart. God forbid you take responsibility for your actions and how they might impact other people. The nerve of anyone else to imagine you would think about how your activities might intrude on others right to live a peaceful life!

by Anonymousreply 31804/19/2014

Almira Gulch, just because you own half the county doesn't mean that you have the power to run the rest of us. For twenty-three years I've been dying to tell you what I thought of you! And now...well, being a Christian woman, I can't say it!

by Anonymousreply 31904/19/2014

Good for you, people that have pets should keep them within their own property.

by Anonymousreply 32106/21/2014

Death to cats

by Anonymousreply 32206/29/2014

hey you are the reason the arabs Hate us.

by Anonymousreply 32306/30/2014

R17, You should have warned me you were going to be so funny! It took some effort to keep from spitting my tea out on my laptop!

Having had a beautiful Victorian mahogany dining table ruined by my own cats jumping up on it, I can say there will be claw marks on the OP's car eventually.

So I can see both points of view, and that is why all cat owners are advised to keep their cats indoors from the beginning. It is hard if not impossible to make an outdoor cat live indoors. But many dangers await outdoor cats apart from irate neighbours - dogs, fights with disease-carrying cats, cars, wild animals (depending where you live, this can be snakes, coyotes, wild boars), poison, and lunatics. Sadly this is not going to end well for the OP, the neighbour or the neighbour's cat.

by Anonymousreply 32406/30/2014

Leave a dish of green glycol anti-freeze for the cat to lap up. It's sweet tasting and sure to give the cat an agonizing death as her kidneys shut down. Good times.

by Anonymousreply 32506/30/2014

You're an idiot!!

by Anonymousreply 32611/10/2014

Absolutely beautiful, now I know what to do.

First of all, a neighbor and their attitude can be extremely aggitating.

Picture a neighbor that knows you from the past but pretends not to (apartment neightbor in two story, two apartment home).

She pays much less rent, only has a single bedroom, and the heating is shared by the house.

Now we don't use the heat much, but when she turns on her heat the whole house is heated...and we're responsible for 2/3 of the heating bill.

Her boyfriend, who has a house with his wife and kid, and another house of his own, stays here also.

We've had the same parking spots since I started staying here 2 years ago.

The issue started with the parking spot. Boyfriend owns a bar and would get drunk, then lazy, and park however he wanted - often crooked and so that I couldn't even use his spot.

It got so bad I put objects in my parking spot while I was gone to indicate that nobody take it. However, whenever I would stop - he would surely take the spot.

Through this time, the neighbors patio umbrella flew off in a storm, landed on my girlfriends car...I saw it...let it stay where it was to see what happened....the neightbor picked it up, brought it upstairs - didn't strap it down or close it...and never said a word.

Some time later my car is hit, so I ask her - she said no I would never do something like that and not say anything - and told me that I should have called the cops right away and asked why I hadn't.....In my world - I was taught to be nice to neighbor..why not give her a chance to work it out between the two of us rather than get cops and insurance involved? But ok.

So the next time the boyfriend took my spot I confronted her asking her to have him stop parking there.

She says: Why do you have to nitpick? I didn't know we have assigned spots...etc, etc...

I told her about her stomping at 5AM that wakes us every day, how I knew her umbrella hit my girlfriends car, how that's why I'd ask her if she hit my car and that I thought it was funny when she lied to my face about not keeping something as serious as damaging each other's vehicles from us.....

She then bitched that when I park along the side of the driveway it inconveniences her - so I told her to wake up, and realize her boyfriend taking my parking space is inconveniencing her - not me. I pay rent, he doesn't. I pay her heating bill - he doesn't.

She threatened me with talking to the landlord, etc - I said go for it...needless to say he stopped parking in my spot.

But her boyfriend finally asked her to move they getting very neglegent of common courtesy....

Her cat is outside, and attacked my cat (for the 1000th time). I told her before that her catr attacks my cat relentlessly, but she claims they were playing.

So just now not even 10 minutes ago this womans cat attacks my cat outside. I open the door and yell but it didn't stop them.

I then grabbed a broom stick and scared the cat off - but it wanted to attack my cat again so I tossed the broom stick and watched it land a foot from the cat - but it was enough to scare it off.

The woman sticks her head out from her door upstairs and said who was that? I told her her cat attacked my cat again and I had to break em up and scare her cat away, but not to worry because I didn't hurt her cat.

She comes downstairs I thought to yell at her cat so I opened the door to tell her its not a big deal I broke it up early but she starts making stories up like she came down to bring her cat in because I'm gonna hurt her cat.

I hate people like that - accept responsiblity for what you have done.

I'm calling animal control - next time cat attacks my cat I'm having it taken, whether that's an asshole thing to do or not.

by Anonymousreply 32712/17/2014

I noticed the Public Sex Troll is back and so is the Animal Mayhem/a AnimalCruelty Troll.

Don't think so.

by Anonymousreply 32912/17/2014

Stupid bitch.

by Anonymousreply 33012/17/2014

What language is this from?

by Anonymousreply 33112/17/2014

[quote] What language is this from?

Middle English

before 900, thes (masculine) and theos (special e character, feminine) singular thys (special y character) accusative singular neuter this, by association with thus - that's what is believed anyhow according to

by Anonymousreply 33212/18/2014

by Anonymousreply 33301/02/2015

I love animals, but the OP did try first to bring the problem to the attention of the owner but got blown off. I live on a block and when I moved into my house a few years ago I couldn't understand why the neighbors seemed to call the cops anonymously on each other so much. I would never do anything like that and I would discuss any issue with the homeowner until it was finally resolved. Not any more. Now I get it. If you do approach a neighbor about a pet or a guest (in one case a drunk guest of a neighbor after a late night party smashing directly into my recyclable bins on my property honking and laughing) and the old alcoholic party host/neighbor yelled at ME. For me, now I would handle the OP's situation one of two ways: report them to animal control or else, if the cat came over to my property and did any damage after I had informed the owner and gotten blown off, that cat would go on a long ride in my car and dumped somewhere else. I would regret that neighbor's resulting effect on its own pet very much.

by Anonymousreply 33401/02/2015

Reminds me of my neighbor Mr Kohornen. He hated his neighbor's cat and would catch it, throw it in a bag with rocks and drown it in the lagoon.

But the old lady who owned the cats Mrs Ingrstom was such a dolt she's just go to the pound and get a new cat and always wonder why her cats "ran away."

by Anonymousreply 33601/26/2015

Well I just brought a stray cat my Mom feeds in the backyard into her finished Brooklyn basement to insure he survives snow-mageddon. Last year I found a frozen cat dead which still creeps me out.

by Anonymousreply 33701/26/2015

I love and respect animals and have owned several over the years. But pet owners have got to be RESPONSIBLE for their animals. You can't let them run loose everyplace, doing annoying things and HOPE that others will be patient and kind and put up with it. Others don't love your pet like you do.

I had a problem with a feral cat a few yrs ago, it sprayed my front door with urine that gave such a stench I couldn't eat in my kitchen or sit in my living room. In the summer it was unbearable (some of the neighbors it turned out were stupidly feeding it).

I found a local program that loaned out cat traps and for a few dollars would take the cat to a local vet to be spayed, then return it to you to release again. Never did catch the damn thing and he did eventually disappear. But I can sympathize with people who get so fed up they contemplate doing things to animals they might not normally think of.

by Anonymousreply 33801/26/2015

Who is the OCD loser who bumps old threads every weekend?

by Anonymousreply 34202/15/2015

I let my cats outside at night-they drive me crazy if they don't go out. They don't jump on cars and are out for 90 minutes tops. They come back in to use the litter box. I put up with crap from my neighbors, they can put up with this.

by Anonymousreply 34402/15/2015

There was this foul old mincing queen on my street once. He was a complete bitch to everyone, always starting shit with people he decided were below him, peering through his lace curtains, things like that.

Well, one day I decided to take matters into my own strong, capable hands.

I lured him into my house with an invitation for fondue and marathoning "Golden Girls". As soon as his slippered foot crossed my threshold, I tackled him, slapping duct tape across his mouth and tying him up. I dragged him, sobbing, into the basement, where me and a few buddies had some fun for a while. Then I chucked him in my trunk and drove him out to the forest, leaving him out there naked. This was right at the start of deer season, so I'm sure a bunch of good Christian country boys encountered him eventually.

by Anonymousreply 34502/15/2015

by Anonymousreply 34602/27/2015

There's too many crazies outside anymore to let your cats out. Either they or their brats are trying to catch and kill the cats for food or torture or there are crazy cat ladies luring your pets away. Just keep them inside or build an eight foot cement wall around your property. It seems to be the only way to protect what's yours from all the crazies loose (and some HAVE GUNS so don't pick a fight with any)

by Anonymousreply 34703/01/2015
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!