Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Project Runway All-Stars 2012

Wendy Pepper!!

Suede (ick)! Peach (snore)!

Uli looks good. Has she had work done?

by Anonymousreply 41401/26/2013

Somebody needs to make a "faces of meth" poster with Suede on his original season and then this one.

by Anonymousreply 110/26/2012

Poor Peach. Is just designing clothes for tennis really a market? That seems too limited and specific to be something someone can do for a living.

I wish this show would make Rachel Roy a regular judge and have that Chapman chick just on as a guest. Rachel has the most helpful and insightful comments of anyone they have.

The Josh McKinley guy got fat. Not sure why, but that made me happy

by Anonymousreply 210/26/2012

I used to like Mondo, but in the various times he's showed up as judge, he comes off as a pompous douchebag.

by Anonymousreply 310/26/2012

So true, R1. He looks like hell. R2, Peach doesn't need to earn a living. This is more like a hobby for her so it doesn't matter if she wins.

Poor Ivy and her crocodile tears, they're just going to keep her around to be a bitch.

I also noticed that Josh McKinley got fat. Did you notice in his intro when his jacket blew open he tried to shut it to hide his gut? It made me laugh.

Why do most reality TV participants seem to pile on the pounds after they leave their shows? Is it because they were so poor before the show and now that they hve a little money they eat it all away. I've noticed that with others too.

by Anonymousreply 410/26/2012

Peach stunk the first time out but her second chance just proved she has no designing talent at all. It was obvious she was getting the loser's edit but those judges appeared to really hate her and on a personal level.

Cunty Ivy tried for the redemption arc by talking about how bad her life was during the original PR, but the previews suggest we're back to Cunty Ivy in the later episodes. However, I thought her outfit was the winner.

by Anonymousreply 510/26/2012

Casanova's English is suddenly much, much better. And he worked as... Ivy's assistant?! Oh lawd.

by Anonymousreply 610/26/2012

I loved Mondo when he was a contestant. But as a judge, he's a creepy bastard. Just goes to show that you never know who a reality star really is.

Or anyone else, for that matter.

by Anonymousreply 710/26/2012

I don't remember Althea Bossypants at all. What season was she on and how far did she make it?

I'm liking Wendy Pepper so far.

by Anonymousreply 810/26/2012

[quote]I don't remember Althea Bossypants at all. What season was she on and how far did she make it?

She was first runner-up to Irina Shabayeva on Season 6, a relatively humdrum season which ended with three young female finalists and a whole bunch of bulky fall/winter ponchos, the concept of which the winner accused Althea of stealing. The 2nd runner-up another young blonde cheerleader type, was too sick to give a fuck.

by Anonymousreply 910/26/2012

R9: because it's not a very interesting program.

The central problem is that they call is All-Stars. Think about it. These people are not stars. The real All-Stars program would be having the winners come on an compete against each other. These people all lost. Some of them lost pretty early on. So basically, if the world was filled with truth-tellers, this program would be called Project Runway All-Losers 2012.

by Anonymousreply 1010/26/2012

Sorry about the typos in the last post. It's Friday afternoon and my mind is as flat as Michael Kors' jokes.

by Anonymousreply 1110/26/2012

Josh is like a joke made the day after 9/11. Too soon..way too soon.

by Anonymousreply 1210/26/2012

The Wendy Pepper season is being rerun on Style right now. Time and the development of the reality genre might be kind to her. She's clearly not what her reputation suggests but she was also correct. PR is a game and she played it well enough to get to Fashion week.

by Anonymousreply 1310/26/2012

Ah heck, I forgot to watch.

by Anonymousreply 1410/26/2012

WHat happened to the original model/host? The new one is someone I have never heard of.

by Anonymousreply 1510/26/2012

Or Heidi Klum's orange tits

by Anonymousreply 1610/26/2012

R10, why do you watch it then? You love to trash it and yet you still watch it. No one's forcing you. Plus you take it way too seriously, like that lengthy explanation about why "All-Stars" is technically inaccurate. There aren't many people who want to see past winners come back and win yet again. We want to see someone else win. And just because someone's a runner-up, as 4 of the current contestants were, doesn't mean they are losers. Opinions always differ as to who should've won. Contestants can even be eliminated in an early round, and it can be controversial with many viewers thinking it was a mistake. And yes some contestants are clearly brought back just for their personalities, as Anthony was in the first All-Stars. Because that is what people want to see, we do want to see funny, interesting people again even if they weren't best designers. Anthony got eliminated in the middle rounds so no harm was done.

People who hate the show, just stop watching it. Those of us who do enjoy it would prefer not to read your endless whining about it. Change the channel, move on, the show is unworthy of your viewership as you've elaborated at length.

by Anonymousreply 1710/26/2012

Where's Andre?

by Anonymousreply 1810/26/2012

That model/host is boring.

They should’ve just had Joanna Coles do both -- she’s fabulous.

by Anonymousreply 1910/26/2012

[quote] The Josh McKinley guy got fat.

Maybe he's off the coke. I always attributed his nasty behavior to a severe drug habit. He was extremely mean and volatile, and his personality went from happy and cheerful, to nasty bitch with the flip of a switch.

[quote] Somebody needs to make a "faces of meth" poster with Suede on his original season and then this one.

You need to cut Suede some slack. He was never much to look at, and his appearance is just so SLOPPY, for a designer, but the fact is that he was in his late 30's during his original season, so he could well be in his early to mid 40's now, and that's when a guy's look starts to hit the wall.

I agree that Ivy was doing damage control for her disgusting behavior during her season, but I give her first design some major kudos.

In fact, these two collections were the best OVERALL designs that I have ever seen on the show. The talent this season is very good.

It was also nice to see them all clapping for each others' collections, and I think that at the very least, they respect each other as veterans of the show.

Also, I thought Josh McKinley was one of the nastiest twats that has ever appeared on PR, but it was cute that he embraced Wendy Pepper, and got everyone to clap for her, as a groundbreaker for the show.

And I'm still in love with Anthony Auld! His cute accent, plus his slight queeniness (for some strange reason) is so attractive. I don't know what it is about him. Glad he took the first win.

At this point, I have no idea who will win, but I think that Emilio, Uli, Anthony, and Ivy might be the frontrunners in this season.

I'm on the fence about Casanova, Wendy, Laura, Althea, and Kayne.

And I think Andre, Suede, and Josh M. will be among the first to leave.

by Anonymousreply 2010/26/2012

I sure hope that Josh gets kicked off soon. I can't stand that fat orange cunt.

by Anonymousreply 2110/27/2012

[quote]There aren't many people who want to see past winners come back and win yet again.We want to see someone else win.

Actually, I'm sure a lot of people would enjoy seeing the winners of past seasons compete against each other. Only ONE would be the new winner, after all; they wouldn't all "win yet again."

[quote]And just because someone's a runner-up, as 4 of the current contestants were,

Yeah, 4. Out of about a zillion.

[quote] doesn't mean they are losers.

No, but remaining zillion minus 4 ARE indeed losers. Sorry, but I have to agree that calling this show "Project Runway All-Stars" is ridiculous. Call it "Project Runway Veterans" or "Project Runway Second Chance" or something, but "All-Stars" is just a stupid name for a show featuring past contestants who in some cases came in as low as 10th place in their original season.

by Anonymousreply 2310/27/2012

Anthony Ryan didn't do enough to help Bert when the Mean Girls (led by Josh) were giving that poor older man a hard time. That spoke volumes to me. He talks about having only one testicle a lot, so be prepared for the cancer topic to keep popping up. HATE his mohawk, it's so unflattering to him. I can't believe he thinks he looks good.

by Anonymousreply 2410/27/2012

If they have a "make a pageant gown for someone from RuPaul's drag race" challenge, Kayne will be sure to win.

I like how all the designers get so incredibly EXCITED about EVERYTHING. You can tell it's early in the season and they're eager to please. Once the stress level gets ratcheted up, the only enthusiasm they'll show is in the one shots filmed afterward, so they can get their face time for the week.

by Anonymousreply 2510/27/2012

For me the best part were the reaction shots of the contestants finding out about all the prizes. Some of these guys would do the show just for the chance of winning a brandnew stapler when it comes with enough TV exposure.

by Anonymousreply 2610/27/2012

Does anyone get the feeling that dog-faced Suede is blessed with massive man-meat? Even though he's not much to look at, does your mangina start to moisten?

by Anonymousreply 2710/27/2012

[quote]It was also nice to see them all clapping for each others' collections, and I think that at the very least, they respect each other as veterans of the show. Also, I thought Josh McKinley was one of the nastiest twats that has ever appeared on PR, but it was cute that he embraced Wendy Pepper, and got everyone to clap for her, as a groundbreaker for the show.

All this warmth is very short-lived, as always. Have you seen the trailers for upcoming episodes?

Once a cunt...

by Anonymousreply 2810/27/2012

[quote] Call it "Project Runway Veterans" or "Project Runway Second Chance"

Catchy, I don't know why they didn't go with those titles. But they didn't, and those people are unworthy of your time, they aren't not past winners. And some were even eliminated in the early rounds, yikes! What can be done, maybe it'd be possible to watch something else. I've heard there are other shows on different channels. You might want to look into that.

by Anonymousreply 2910/27/2012

R29 sits around all day, wondering why he has no friends.

by Anonymousreply 3010/27/2012

Theese pipple are sheet! They cannot daysign! They are all foooooked!

by Anonymousreply 3110/27/2012

The original title was "Project Runway Sloppy Seconds", but crazy Lifetime insisted they use a title that attracts viewers instead of repels them. Incredibly, they seem to think getting good ratings is more important then pleasing nit-picking cranks on message boards.

by Anonymousreply 3210/27/2012

The show being shorter than the regularly PR makes it more watchable. The edits are righter.

by Anonymousreply 3310/27/2012

I want Rachel Roy as my new best friend. I can see us traveling the world together and having the time of our lives. We'd stop at the White House periodically to design a new frock for Michelle, and then we'd be off again on our whirlwind tour.

by Anonymousreply 3410/27/2012

Peach really thought that judge was starting to cry because Peach was kicked off? Deluded much dear?

by Anonymousreply 3510/27/2012

If that was the best Peach could do in the first week with all that initial energy, when she could have designed practically anything, she more than deserved to go. Those sleeves!

And what IS the matter with Andrae? He is seriously untalented. I forgot that about him.

The Althea season was the one from LA, the season we all dropped out and would like to forget about. No reason to apologize for not remembering her.

Kayne's sparkly black pageant gown was completely out of step with his team's sleek collection, except for it's being black. He was damned lucky he was on the winning team.

I really hope the producers deprive Anthony Ryan of his hair clippers and force him to grow back his sides and nape. So unappealing on such a cute boy! Remind me, what does his chest tattoo say?

by Anonymousreply 3610/27/2012

Kayne's outfit looked like something Joan Crawford would have worn in 1952 to entertain gentlemen callers.

by Anonymousreply 3710/27/2012

What is with some of the models and Joanna Coles not being able to walk gracefully in high heels (why wear them in the first place when they don't flatter your walk)? Either they stomp, walk like on eggshells, or like they have a hump on their back. It looks really awkward.

by Anonymousreply 3810/27/2012

R24, have you read Bert's blog? He's the DL stereotype of the bitchy eldergay who sits at the edge of a bar in a kaftan trashing everyone who walks by. If everyone went Mean Girls on him, he was getting what he was giving.

by Anonymousreply 3910/27/2012

I'm sorry, but this is awful! The desperate castoffs are playing to fucking the gallery with their "oohs" and "aahs" and the constant mugging, just dying for one last close-up before obscurity. Wouldn't someone take these cunts out back and just end their misery, please.

by Anonymousreply 4010/27/2012

Also, the editing is exhausting after getting to used PR's regular 90 minute episodes.

by Anonymousreply 4110/27/2012

Thank god the home ec teacher went home. How was she remotely an 'all star'?

I noticed Josh has a wedding band. Remember his high school track pictures where he seemed jock-like and hot? He really needs to get a new hairstyle, though.

The 'new' Uli is suspiciously like the 'old' Uli. Using a solid doesn't show range.

Casanova - he's a leather queen, isn't he?

You can tell Laura is still a passive-aggressive bitch.

Kayne - what the hell?!?

Wendy seemed okay. I hope she redeems herself.

I don't remember anyone else.

by Anonymousreply 4210/27/2012

[quote]Why do most reality TV participants seem to pile on the pounds after they leave their shows?

??? Most reality TV people are drastically thinner whenever they come back to do another show. Look at Kayne this very season. He's a good 20-30 pounds thinner than he was.

Apparently seeing your fat ass swanning about for a season is the best incentive there is to lose weight.

by Anonymousreply 4310/28/2012

Josh is hoping that his newly ultra whitened teef will distract viewers from his new gut and general cuntiness.

by Anonymousreply 4410/28/2012

"I was known for my flowy print designs, but everyone watch out because the new Uli has evolved..."

by Anonymousreply 4510/28/2012

Did we see Andre cry? Don't remember.

by Anonymousreply 4610/28/2012

I guess Laura Bennett would never participate in one of these All-Star shows. It's a shame because she truly is an all-star.

by Anonymousreply 4710/28/2012

"Remember his high school track pictures where he seemed jock-like and hot?"

Huh? I need to see these... Josh could have been attractive, but he insisted on being so outlandish.

by Anonymousreply 4810/28/2012

i am ready to hate Ivy all over again!

by Anonymousreply 4910/28/2012

Laura's husband was ill for quite sometime and recently died. She has a number of small children to care for so PR All Stars wouldn't be a priority for her. But I agree - Laura would be really entertaining on this show.

by Anonymousreply 5010/28/2012

I think she should be a permanent judge on All-Stars.

by Anonymousreply 5110/28/2012

They briefly showed them on his season, R48. He had longer hair. I imagine in high school he didn't channel Joan Crawford (or Madame?) as much as he does now.

by Anonymousreply 5210/28/2012

Casanova just looks creepy - something about him just ain't right. Is he simian?

by Anonymousreply 5310/29/2012

Laura Bennett's husband died? Leaving her with 5 (or is it more) children? Have we talked about this?

by Anonymousreply 5410/29/2012

We have, R54. But since you evidently missed it, here you go:

by Anonymousreply 5510/29/2012

it's just you r27

by Anonymousreply 5610/30/2012

How sad for Laura Bennett. I had no idea. That must be devastating to lose her husband and have the challenge of raising all those young kids.

by Anonymousreply 5710/30/2012

Did you see her apartment, r57?

She's not destitute and has plenty of hired help.

Feeling sorry for her is like feeling sorry for Angelina Jolie, Madonna, or Rosie O'Donnell instead of for the mothers in the regions where they go shopping for babies.

by Anonymousreply 5810/30/2012

Laura's husband looked like Mark Twain only older. There looked to be 20 years difference between them.

by Anonymousreply 5910/30/2012

Laura's husband was a successful architect. I'm sure he had a life insurance policy worth a few million, especially with 5 young kids.

by Anonymousreply 6010/30/2012

A few million? Hey Laura, can I interest you in a toaster oven?

by Anonymousreply 6110/30/2012

Am I the only one that noticed Ameena from ANTM is one of the models this season? She looks gorgeous as ever.

I continue to find Kanye a walking caricature, but I can't help enjoying all the two-faced bitchy asides from Miss Josh. He's hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 6211/02/2012

Can't stand Joshua, except his hairy chest.

by Anonymousreply 6311/02/2012

Wow, Mondo continues to dress like a moron from outer space.

by Anonymousreply 6411/02/2012

I can't believe they pulled the "'re IN" line twice.

His outfits are shit and he's a weirdo goofball. I didn't love Wendy's look but she deserved another chance.

by Anonymousreply 6511/02/2012

Andre should have gone. he's so embarrassing during the critiques.

I noticed Ameena as well. She is a fantastic runway model but photographs terribly.

When did Josh get so dumpy looking. he has a double chin.

by Anonymousreply 6611/02/2012

It's Ulli all the way. She will finally find redemption like Mondo did. Hopefully it won't turn her into a condescending prick like it has Mondo. I wonder what kind of "careers" these people have now. What does Andreaaae do..? Or Kayne? Or Suede? I would like to see a Where are They Now special.

by Anonymousreply 6711/02/2012

Wendy dropped the bitch persona she adopted from S1 and it got her eliminated. Bitch is better than boring. Not to say her outfit wasn't an atrocity, because it was.

It was weird that she mentioned Suede by name as a contestant who had become a good friend and he was clearly shaken by her departure.

Wendy, you were right. PR is like "Survivor" and this time, you didn't play the game right.

by Anonymousreply 6811/02/2012

I think she's already become insufferable, R67. I really liked Ulli in her season and loved her clothes, but we're two episodes in and I'm already sick to death of the "new Ulli". She needs to stop saying that.

And I was annoyed that she won the challenge, because even though it was a cool dress, there was absolutely nothing 70's or disco about it. I think Casanova should have taken it.

by Anonymousreply 6911/02/2012

I'm for Ulli to win, I thought she was going to win in her season.

I would have sex with Josh, then kick him to the curb.

by Anonymousreply 7011/02/2012

When Wendy established her disco cred and announced that she was going "to dance with that boy" I felt a touch of sadness for her. Her Hot Mama in Spanx number was jarring.

by Anonymousreply 7111/02/2012

Did anyone else agree that Ivy should have been in the bottom 3 not in the top 2?

That green dress was drab, dull and unsexy.

by Anonymousreply 7211/02/2012

Where's Andre?

by Anonymousreply 7311/02/2012

Georgina is married to Harvey Weinstein. Explain/Discuss

by Anonymousreply 7411/02/2012

I really thought Ivy was going to be in the bottom three and Kayne in the top three. Look at any episode of American Bandstand from 1974 to 1977 and you'll see quite a few girls wearing variations on Kayne's outfit - not that it was high fashion, but neither was anything that walked the runway last night.

I thought Casanova deserved the win. His outfit, with an A-line skirt to the knee instead of Kelly Bundy mini tube fit would have representred veru well the seventies I remember.

Then again, those tacky Nine West platforms only represented the tackyu people in tacky discos in the seventies. After 1975, there were platforms no more and stylish ladies who discoed wore high heel sandals. The most platform you saw, if anything, was on wooden Candies'

by Anonymousreply 7511/02/2012

I agree, Ivy's dress was absolute junk. And Andre is trying to be the Tammie Brown of Project Runway. And one Tammie Brown is one too many.

by Anonymousreply 7611/02/2012

I thought Anthony's dress was horribly drab. Don't know how he escaped the bottom three.

by Anonymousreply 7711/02/2012

Is Andre on some kind of mind-altering drugs? I mean, he acts like he's not there.

by Anonymousreply 7811/02/2012

I cannot believe Ivy has been in the Top 2 twice in two challenges!

by Anonymousreply 7911/02/2012

I also noticed Ameena right off the bat, except I couldn't place her name. However, I knew she was on ANTM. She looks great on the runway.

I'm also in complete agreement with R75. Kayne on top, Ivy on the bottom, and Casanova for the win. His styling was perfect, as was his 70's outfit. Although I do think the neon pink was more 80's than 70's. Kayne's color was right on the mark with the metallic orange, as were the designers who went with metallic silver.

As for Uli's dress, it had nothing to do with the 70's, and evoked no "disco" emotion from me, whatsoever. Joanna responded to it in the same way, as well.

These judges really seem to be off the mark, this season. And is it me, or has Isaac upped the cunt-quotient in this second season? Now I know why Tim Gunn hates him so.

When one of the judges pointed out how much detail and thought went into Wendy's design, he replied, "SO WHAT??!!" It was very nasty, and totally uncalled for.

After two challenges, my faves are Casanova, Emilio, Laura, Kayne, and surprisingly Josh McKinley. Andrae definitely needs to go home. And Ivy keeps making stupid/ugly shorts, every single challenge.

by Anonymousreply 8011/02/2012

I didn't get the hate for Kayne's outfit, either. His was a hell of a lot more 70's looking than Uli's dress. And, btw, why did they bother making it a 70's challenge if they were going to pick a dress that didn't reference the 70's at all? I would have loved to see Wendy stay - I was enjoying her this season. I wish she would have edited a bit better. She definitely should have stayed over Andrae. And Suede needs to stop talking in the third person. It makes me want to punch him.

by Anonymousreply 8111/02/2012

Suede and the blond girl with the overbite should have both been in the bottom 3.

Casanova's dress was far more 80s than 70s but it was the best design.

I was truly shocked that Wendy went home so soon. I, too, was really enjoying her.

by Anonymousreply 8211/02/2012

R17, Don't shit your pants.

by Anonymousreply 8311/02/2012

RIP Wendy Pepper

by Anonymousreply 8411/03/2012

Ivy's green frock was so godawful. Why wasn't she in the bottom three?

by Anonymousreply 8511/03/2012

Emilio's grown was pretty but was not anywhere in the realm of disco wear.

by Anonymousreply 8611/03/2012

Ivy's grannypanties are an homage to Wretchen - the champ of her season.

by Anonymousreply 8711/03/2012

Casanova? Really? He can't even sow a button to save his ass!

by Anonymousreply 8811/03/2012

"Sow"? Is he a farmer?

by Anonymousreply 8911/03/2012

@ RP 89 - I almost fell laughing, for real. I typed too fast!!! You know what I meant. However, Casanova might be sowing rather than sewing by looking at the crap he makes.

by Anonymousreply 9011/04/2012

by Anonymousreply 9111/04/2012

I can't believe Wendy Pepper is gone.

I predict that before the season is over, for some reason, they will need to bring back a loser......and it will be Wendy Pepper.

She ain't done yet. You'll see.

by Anonymousreply 9211/08/2012

Andre's weird self-deprecating gestures have become tiresome. If he keeps it up I hope he is soon gone from the show.

by Anonymousreply 9311/08/2012

The next to go will have to be Kayne and Andrae, not necessarily in that order. After that. it's anybody's guess.

Does anyone else find it disconcerting how suddenly in the final judging, they have to say something complimentary about each designer....even the ones in the bottom three? I find it rather condescending.

by Anonymousreply 9411/08/2012

Well I'm happy with this week's results. Emilio's is the one that caught my eye during the runway, and I like Kayne even if I agree his stuff does tend to be tacky. I thought he was going home because the dress looked like Mae West on acid, and a poor execution of even that. But he's funny and interesting unlike Suede who's a zero.

by Anonymousreply 9511/09/2012

I was waiting for Suede's model to say "Trick or treat".

by Anonymousreply 9611/09/2012

Suede's outfit looked like something a background chorus member would wear at a sad little community theater.

by Anonymousreply 9711/09/2012

Did anyone else just love the "grafitti" challenge? Finally, a challenge free of safe, boring black dresses! Color, brilliant color!

Am I the only one who loved Kayne's fishtail dress? Loved how he used the black to set off the bright, varied colors.

by Anonymousreply 9811/09/2012

Yes I agree, I like color and glitter, I didn't buy a big HDTV to look at blacks and greys. It literally feels good to look at bright colors, and glitter is also beautiful. The judges whined about Josh using too much glitter during his season, but I liked his love of glitter. Yes it can look tacky but it's still preferable to the boring black and grey crap all the time.

Suede's dress looked like a child had glued construction paper cutouts all over it, and sorry r98, but Kayne's was an eyesore.

by Anonymousreply 9911/09/2012

Didn't get the judges' love for Ivy's sad depressing suit with the wan graffiti and afterthought of limp white chiffon dangling off the skirt hem. They went on about her brilliant tailoring of the jacket but it sure didn't read as special on my TV set.

Where was the proclaimed TENACITY?

by Anonymousreply 10011/09/2012

Does anyone like having eggs for breakfast besides me?

Am I the only person left on earth who LOVES disco music?

Has anyone ever tried ATM machines?

by Anonymousreply 10111/09/2012

R100, they're just keeping Ivy around because she's a bitch. Her disco dress was awful and this week's suit was even worse.

by Anonymousreply 10211/09/2012

So many of those designs looked downright nightmarish in closeup in the workroom, even the top 3 IMHO. They were really helped by the distance and lighting of the runway.

They say "the camera never lies" but I think it can be just the opposite.

by Anonymousreply 10311/09/2012

Can someone fashionable please enlighten me on who the two bearish judges in the red plaid flannel ensembles are? The Anna Wintour favorites??

by Anonymousreply 10411/09/2012

I wish that were the case r102, because no one gets carried away screaming back at my set when Ivy The Cunt speaks more than I do. But you don't need to put someone in the top three (consistently I might add) to keep them around.

These judges simply like that godawful see-through crap combined with hot pants/mini-skirts that Ivy is so fond of.

by Anonymousreply 10511/09/2012

I'm not r98, but for the record I still LOVE disco music when I'm in the mood for it. My Giorgio Moroder rarities compilation is coming in the mail today and I can't wait!

by Anonymousreply 10611/09/2012

I love how Suede sometimes slipped and referred to himself as "I" instead of "Suede". Can you imagine being friends with a twerp who refers to himself in the third person? On the one hand, I think he just did it as schtick for the cameras, but now I get the feeling he does it in real life. In any case, GLAD to see her go!

by Anonymousreply 10711/09/2012

[quote]Can someone fashionable please enlighten me on who the two bearish judges in the red plaid flannel ensembles are? The Anna Wintour favorites??

They are Jeffrey Costello and Robert Tagliapietra, and they made my mussy quiver. Just my type. I noticed they were both wearing wedding rings; married to each other?

by Anonymousreply 10811/09/2012

I suppose this answers my question.

by Anonymousreply 10911/09/2012

Was I the only one who loved Casanova's dress? I think it should have been in the top three. I thought it was better than both Anthony Ryan's and Ivy's.

by Anonymousreply 11011/09/2012

I know I liked some of the dresses from the safe middle zone, but as usual you forget them after they dismiss all but the tops and bottoms. I hated Anthony Ryan's pattern, but the judges convinced me it was well-tailored, otherwise I didn't like it at all. I can't remember Ivy's, but I thought Emilio's was fab.

by Anonymousreply 11111/09/2012

Anthony Ryan has a mushroom head, but it's the wrong head! That haircut--I could never love him.

by Anonymousreply 11211/09/2012

Anyone else find Carolyn Murphy quite annoying? Her delivery is terrible. I thought she was cooler than this.

by Anonymousreply 11311/10/2012

When Suede and Kayne were standing next to each other on the runway, it looked like a before and after photo.

by Anonymousreply 11411/10/2012

Is Carolyn Murphy the mentor or the hostess?

I find both rather annoying.

by Anonymousreply 11511/10/2012

I can't believe I'm saying this, but Casanova's dress was, once again, my favorite. I did really like Emilio's as well.

by Anonymousreply 11611/10/2012

Murphy is the host. I liked Angela Lindvall better.

by Anonymousreply 11711/11/2012

I am sorry, but the whole show feels rushed. Ivy is totally doing 180 and tries to 'redeem' herself by being nice and yet, that one blonde bitch bitches at her for just giggling during a lunchbreak!

Wearable art? Emilio's jacket looked pretty nice. Anthony's was a bit too safe for my taste.

by Anonymousreply 11811/11/2012

Oh, gosh, I like Carolyn a lot. Angela was horrid. It's actually not easy for someone to step into that role and appear comfortable on camera. Carolyn's doing pretty well. Angela, well, I imagine even her nearest and dearest watched those tapes and thought, "Whatever will I say to her? Nice hair?"

by Anonymousreply 11911/12/2012

Carolyn isn't a runway model, is he? She looks too petite to wear couture.

by Anonymousreply 12011/12/2012

Jujubee's Navy boyfriend Chris is cute.

by Anonymousreply 12111/13/2012

Strike that comment at r121. It was supposed to go in the RuPaul thread.

by Anonymousreply 12211/13/2012

Neither Carolyn nor Angela are good hosts. They're both beautiful but they have nothing inside them, they simply say their lines and smile. Empty humans.

Finally Andre goes home. I love that Uli compared him to Gollum in LOTR. He does have that quality. But it's too bad Josh is still there. The only thing that makes him stand out is the enormous amount of time he puts into plucking his eyebrows. It's certainly not his design taste.

Which brings up the central failing of this show - again, these are NOT all stars. These are the rejects, the losers, the ones who didn't make it, on previous shows. Few of them are any good--Anthony Ryan, Emilio, maybe Uli.. but that's it. The rest all lost early on for good reason.

They should have a show in which the actual winners--or at least, the finalists--compete. Not this sad sack of a losers show.

by Anonymousreply 12311/15/2012

Where's Andrae?

by Anonymousreply 12411/16/2012

Some years back I saw a video from a phone (presumably her boyfriend's cell) of Carolyn Murphy nude and dancing around a room - not as attractive as she must have thought, although she was a top model at the time. Now I can't help seeing her naked and dancing whenever she's speaking. Doesn't Tavi look like a young Anna Wintour? She's such a weird little chick - but uncannily savvy about fashion.

by Anonymousreply 12511/16/2012

Emilio's dress looked like a windsock.....he is very talented, but christ that was hideous

by Anonymousreply 12611/16/2012

These girls on "All Stars" really do make you appreciate what a good hostess Heidi Klum. She brings a bit of dominatrix vibe to her role, like she can't wait for the moment when she crushes someone's dreams with her stiletto heel. She's an authority figure, and her replacements are just pretty faces.

And BTW WTF was up with letting that snotty little girl be a judge? Is she the daughter of a fashion industry power?

by Anonymousreply 12711/16/2012

Carolyn's outfit tonight was worse than anything on the runway.

by Anonymousreply 12811/16/2012

Amen r128. The shape was like something out of the crew on Star Trek and the colors reminded me of aging blood splatters.

by Anonymousreply 12911/16/2012

Anthony shouldn't have won again. His design was in the bottom five IMO.

by Anonymousreply 13011/16/2012

R126 totally disagree. that was easily the best look. They should just give Emilio the win now.

I laughed when he named his dress (inspired by a little girl) "Sophie's Choice" clearly not knowing what the choice involved.

by Anonymousreply 13111/16/2012

Josh and Kayne both have such tacky design aesthetic. Josh's outfit was horrible. Andrae's outfit was pretty pathetic, but I bet more women would rather wear it than Josh's. How, in fact, does he rate as an all-star? I don't get it.

Anthony Ryan - you had cancer - we get it. Let something else inspire you, already. You seem so morose.

by Anonymousreply 13211/17/2012

what happened to Austin Scarlett and that fat one that won?

by Anonymousreply 13311/17/2012

Josh needs to go next, can't stand his speech pattern or those overly tweezed eyebrows.

by Anonymousreply 13411/17/2012

Jay McCarroll, R133? He, ummm... sells things on the interwebs.

by Anonymousreply 13511/17/2012

One appreciates someone like lovely Chloe Dau (hope I'm getting her name right!) who won Season 2, makes a nice retail career for herself somewhere in Texas, and doesn't need the famewhoring of returning to this show.

by Anonymousreply 13611/17/2012

I don't like Laura's personality but do think the fact she lost to Anthony Ryan this week was total bullshit. And equal bullshit that Andre was sent home for a dress that, even if it wasn't high fashion, looked ten times better than that hideous superhero-looking thing Josh sent down the runway.

by Anonymousreply 13711/17/2012

Jay is a fine designer but that shit he's selling on his website is hideous. He's been doing those fucking circles since PR.

by Anonymousreply 13811/17/2012

This season is underwhelming to say the least. Only half of them qualify for All Stars. They should have got Fabio and at least one other from Season 10 to appear.

Josh's interpretation of that photo was so off but I was happy to see Andre go. He was getting on everyone's last nerve.

Charlotte Ronson seems like a miserable little snot doesn't she?

by Anonymousreply 13911/17/2012

Anthony Ryan is the cutest thing I've ever seen. Too bad about his clothes.

by Anonymousreply 14011/17/2012

The clothes Anthony Ryan wears? Or the clothes he designs? Or both?

by Anonymousreply 14111/21/2012

Anthony Ryan's hair has reached troll hair proportions. Love the guy though with his Southern drawl.

by Anonymousreply 14211/21/2012

Anthony Ryan dresses like a homeless person. Is that chic?

by Anonymousreply 14311/22/2012

I'm loving the androgynous look with the twist of adding the male model.

My jaw dropped at Emilio's models. GORGEOUS! I would kill to wear either of those suits.

by Anonymousreply 14411/30/2012

I'm with you on everything you said, r144.

I like to see them do menswear (or something close to it) once in a while. I also like to see the male models - nice change.

by Anonymousreply 14511/30/2012

Emilio's probably my favorite now, very consistent, reminds me of Mondo who just kept whipping up good, colorful stuff like magic.

by Anonymousreply 14611/30/2012

Another vote for Emilio here. I was 100% sure that he would win, because his clothes were SO fucking chic, and so stylish.

I loved everything about the presentation, from the color, to the actual designs and clothing, to the models, to the slow way they walked down the runway. It was perfection.

In a distant second for me, was Althea's design. Maybe I love the maroonish/purple color (similar to Emilio's), but it looked futuristic and stylish.

It doesn't hurt that both Emilio's and Althea's male models were freakin HAWT!

I was intrigued by Uli's designs, and I guess she really did add a new word to the design world vernacular - BALLROOM! Her male model was another cutie, and I actually recorded this episode because of all the hot men.

Anthony Ryan's outfit was nice, but it seemed off-center to me, and a bit poorly made. It was unusual coming from him, because he's usually very tailored when it comes to clothing.

More in the middle were Casanova, Ivy, Joshua, and Kayne. I loved Casanova's pattern, I liked Joshua's take on androgyny (the only one to pull it off, besides Emilio), and I most definitely didn't think that Kayne deserved to go home. His clothes were quite decent, but Isaac had it in for Kayne from day one.

Isaac NEVER had a kind word for any of Kayne's designs, and in the last few episodes, he showed outright disdain for them. I'm sorry, but Isaac had a personal vendetta against Kayne, and he was robbed.

Much more atrocious was Laura's design. That thing was horrid! I think it was Georgina who went down an actual laundry list of the numerous mistakes Laura made on her outfits, not to mention that she ADMITTED that she hated the challenge, and didn't even try. Such bullshit!

Even so, I really love the androgyny theme. Unfortunately, the only guys who can actually pull it off, are male models.

by Anonymousreply 14811/30/2012

A phrase like "freakin HAWT!" makes it hard to trust your judgment about anything at all.

by Anonymousreply 14911/30/2012

I felt like I was watching Project International Male Catalog.

by Anonymousreply 15011/30/2012

[quote]the slow way they walked down the runway. It was perfection.

I loved that too.

by Anonymousreply 15111/30/2012

Emilio's designs were costumes not fashion. Take away the hats (and btw, where the hell did they come from? Surely not the Lord & Taylor accessory wall?!?) and the black attitude and they wouldn't have worked at all. I would have awarded Uli's feathered and safety-pinned warrior couple.

OTOH I loved Emilio's yellow swing dress from the week before and thought he should have won last week. So it's nothing personal against Emilio, who I recognize as very gifted.

The top 3 finalists are sure to be Emilio, Uli and Anthony Ryan. I think Emilio will win. I kind of remember Anthony Ryan crumbling as the weeks went by last time around. And Uli can be boring.

by Anonymousreply 15211/30/2012

I'm concerned about Kayne's taste level, R148.

by Anonymousreply 15311/30/2012

Kayne and everyone eliminated before him are just there for drama (or comedy). They cannot be taken seriously as designers and I find putting them into this arena to be downright cruel.

It looks to me like Josh will be the next to go. He hasn't done anything remotely god yet.

by Anonymousreply 15411/30/2012

Is anyone else charmed by Ivy this season? She seems like a completely different person from her original season. Sympathetic, reasonable and even somewhat talented.

by Anonymousreply 15511/30/2012

No, I am not charmed by Ivy. Only idiots are falling for her "I've had a personality transplant" act.

But she's Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm compared to Laura. WTF is wrong with that girl? They showed her saying "I'm not going to act like I come from the same place as these people" meaning what? As far as I can tell she's a mediocre suburban designer who comes from... suburbia. She sews well but it's not Project Seamstress. She comes across as a typical, spoiled, clueless mean girl.

Why does Tim Gunn hate Isaac Mizrahi? I like them both.

by Anonymousreply 15611/30/2012

Well, Josh is still a bitch. I see his change of heart regarding his personality from his season was short lived.

Kayne needed to go. He has absolutely no taste. I can't see any person wanting to wear his clothes. And what's with hitting on the model? Are you into boys or girls? Really. Apparently he's not into YOU, Kayne.

by Anonymousreply 15711/30/2012

Where does Josh live that he walks around looking like that?

by Anonymousreply 15811/30/2012

Laura does design gorgeous gowns. Isaac doesn't like her either, though, so she's probably the next to go. Ivy is a bitch but Josh calling her out on it is ridiculous, the pot calling the kettle..... Emilio and Anthony Ryan/Ryan Anthony (whatever) are the best.

by Anonymousreply 15912/01/2012

Ivy probably loved when Josh laid into her like that - helps her gain sympathy points. Everything seems very calculated with her, which makes me love the evil bitch even more. I want her to somehow sabotage her very close friend Casanova before the season ends. She rocks.

Where did they get the male models, most of them were terrible!

by Anonymousreply 16012/01/2012

I haven't been following the show much. Caught up on a couple of episodes yesterday. What's up with Laura? Is she super rich or something?

by Anonymousreply 16112/01/2012

This was a pretty good episode, mostly because the male and female fashion show was really fun to look at. But the designers' low talent level was never more obvious. Again, these are not all-stars. These are all people who lost their competitions, sometimes in the early rounds. There are only three who can design well -- Anthony Ryan, even if he can't design his own hair very well, Emilio, and Uli. The others don't belong on the show. Laura Kathleen is clearly playing up to the camera with her I'm a Rich Bitch routine, but someone should tell her that if you're going to be bitchy, you have to be sharp about it. Just being a dull bitch makes you, well, a dull bitch. Ivy is pretending to be sweet. She's not. She's worse than Laura Kathleen (at least Ivy restrains herself to one first name however). Everyone else can just go home. And they will.

by Anonymousreply 16212/01/2012

I don't remember Anthony Ryan being nearly this talented on his original shows. I guess he learned something in between.

Didn't he mention a partner previously but he hasn't on the All-Stars season, has he?

by Anonymousreply 16312/01/2012

[quote]I laughed when he named his dress (inspired by a little girl) "Sophie's Choice" clearly not knowing what the choice involved.

I liked Joel McHale's comment "... because it would be a really cute outfit for her to wear to camp."

by Anonymousreply 16412/01/2012

Anthony Ryan is not nearly as talented as they make him. Every season the judges pick someone to be a favorite even when clearly they are not the best. Anthony Ryan has a "story" so the producers are pushing him to the front. He is clearly not as talented as Emilio who has a vision. But whatever, I watch it only online so I can skip all the discussion BS and the manufactured drama between the designers.

by Anonymousreply 16512/02/2012

I like Anthony Ryan fine but cannot deal with his self-indulgent homeless look.

I think Emilio is talented and deserves to go far, or win, but I cannot stand him. His smug lisping superiority - yech.

Love Uli. I'm having fun watching Ivy try to play nice. Joshua seems even more of a little bitch than before, it that's possible.

by Anonymousreply 16612/02/2012

I can't deal with Anthony Ryan's lopsided pompadour.

I don't understand why Ivy squeaks through. How is she a talented designer?

These 'all stars' 'all suck'.

by Anonymousreply 16712/02/2012

Some of those boys like Anthony Ryan, Casanova and Josh canot possibly have enough time in the day do accomplish the tweezing, plucking and shaving they seem to manage in the upkeep of their toilette.

Does the TreSemme Hair Salon take care of their needs as well as the models?

by Anonymousreply 16812/02/2012

R168 - Josh seems like the type to carry around an emergency eyebrow waxing kit.

by Anonymousreply 16912/02/2012

[quote]I felt like I was watching Project International Male Catalog.

Same here.

by Anonymousreply 17012/02/2012

I will try to work the phrase "I wonder, is it too heavily reliant on a hat?" into conversation from now on.

by Anonymousreply 17112/02/2012

This show sucks. None of the designers are worth a damn. It just seems like a low rent version of the original.

by Anonymousreply 17212/02/2012

Emilio is a talented COSTUME designer, and that's all. I don't think I've seen him make one piece of pret a porter yet, and that includes his season which he deservedly lost.

He's not going to win this season either. It's looking like Uli. I expect Anthony Ryan to collapse just after midway as he did his season.

Laura Kathleen has taken Ivy's place as queen cunt this season, but no one buys Ivy's act. She better hope she's eliminated before her cuntiness reappears and seals her unhireability forever. Josh is as talentless and repulsive as ever.

This season is not All Stars. It's All Cunts.

by Anonymousreply 17312/02/2012

[quote]Some of those boys like Anthony Ryan, Casanova and Josh canot possibly have enough time in the day do accomplish the tweezing, plucking and shaving they seem to manage in the upkeep of their toilette.

Yes they can, with the help of nightly meth sessions.

But now that their likely dealers are gone (Suede and Andre), they'll be jonesing soon.

by Anonymousreply 17412/02/2012

I just want to suck off Josh all night long

by Anonymousreply 17512/02/2012

Laura Kathleen looks like a clown with all that horribly unattractive makeup and the white-yellow hair. And those clothes she wears? Yeesh. Is she tremendously fat under those bulky clothes, because they're a really bad look. Proportions are not flattering at all.

by Anonymousreply 17612/02/2012

I think Emilio's outfit(s) were one of my fav of all time. I get that it was costumey, but it was just so damn cool. A true show stopper.

by Anonymousreply 17712/02/2012

Laura Kathleen looks and sounds like an extra from Good Christian Bitches.

by Anonymousreply 17812/02/2012

Andre was an odd duck.

by Anonymousreply 17912/02/2012

[quote]just seems like a low rent version of the original

Speaking of the original, I saw a poster the other day with Heidi and Tim that just said "January" at the bottom. Really? Was not expecting them to come back so soon.

by Anonymousreply 18012/06/2012

And here I thought Anthony Ryan would be in the bottom 3 with that ridiculous blue sleeveless caftan and all the judges creamed over him! WTF??

They're about to announce the wnner and loser. I'm betting on Uli for the former and Althea for the later.

by Anonymousreply 18112/06/2012

[quote]Anthony Ryan is not nearly as talented as they make him.

So true and tonight's judging proved it IN SPADES. That "red carpet" look he made was nothing but a bed sheet and he didn't even bother to finish sewing it all the way around (you could see the model's underwear underneath when she turned to the side). And the judges, clearly going to great lengths not to criticize him, called it "elegant"??? Give me a fucking break.

I like Anthony Ryan and he seems like a nice guy, but it's painfully obvious he's being pushed because he's cute and a fan favorite, not because he's a great designer.

by Anonymousreply 18212/06/2012

I found it utterly amazing that the judges could find anything nice to say about Althea's lavender and pink polka dot nightmare. They seemed to go out of their way to be polite, in spite of aufing her. Her gown looked like a party dress designed and sewn by a willful child.

Well, at least Althea was clearly loved by the other contestants and they gave her a warm, sincere goodbye.

by Anonymousreply 18312/06/2012

Damn, DVF is one dried up old dyke.

Still, I'm sure she could write quite a book, if she were so inclined.

by Anonymousreply 18412/07/2012

There wasn't a single decent-looking, completely finished look on the entire runway.

I'm enjoying the season, in spite of myself. But the bar is set awfully low.

by Anonymousreply 18512/07/2012

I can't believe they liked anything about Ulli's drab, tatty, ugly, feathered monstrosity! It was far uglier than the blue caftan thing, which was more suitable for a Florida yard party than the red carpet.

Emilio's dress was the only one that looked really worthy of the red carpet, at least until you saw it up close. If it was ever finished, it'd make some lucky starlet a good Golden Globes dress.

by Anonymousreply 18612/07/2012

I thought Casanova's dress deserved to be in the top three. It was better than Uli's and better, and certainly better made than Anthony Ryan's.

by Anonymousreply 18712/07/2012

That tuft on Anthony Ryan's head drives me nuts. I just want to light it on fire. He's not that good but I knew they'd rave about that awful blue sandwich board evening gown he sent out.

Ivy should have gone home for that piece of shit she sent down the runway but they're keeping her on hoping that she'll unleash her inner bitch.

by Anonymousreply 18812/07/2012

Oh and for all of alleged wealth, Laura Kathleen's hair color looks so cheap.

by Anonymousreply 18912/07/2012

Whatshername, the hostess, may wear the winning Laura Kathleen's palazzo pants but I'll bet my house she doesn't wear it to a red carpet event unless it's in some suburban backyeard.

by Anonymousreply 19012/07/2012

Are there any photos available of Anthony Ryan from his original season when he (presumably) didn't sport that mushroom head?

by Anonymousreply 19112/07/2012

This spectacularly uninteresting show should put an end to these All Star challenges unless PR really wants to have real All Stars--the finalists, competing against each other. All we're learning in this series is why these not very talented people were all auf-ed so early in their competitions.

None of the outfits last night were good. The only interesting part of the show is watching to see how much whiter Laura the Planck's hair can get, and how much duller Ms. Murphy, the soulless hostess, can become.

Anthony Ryan is very charming, and Emilio has some talent. Uli drapes well. That's about it.

by Anonymousreply 19212/07/2012

R190, I was wondering what red carpet events she's even invited to and figured she'd wear it to a fundraiser for her kid's charter pre-school.

by Anonymousreply 19312/07/2012

What is the point of this show when all the designs stink on a weekly basis?

by Anonymousreply 19412/07/2012

[quote]Oh and for all of alleged wealth, Laura Kathleen's hair color looks so cheap.

It looks good in St. Louis.

by Anonymousreply 19512/07/2012

I've been a fan since S1 but this season is really terrible. Dull people and bad fashion. It started out promisingly but these designers, who should know the demands of the show, have petered out quickly.

Wendy Pepper, come back. All is forgiven.

by Anonymousreply 19612/07/2012

Palazzo Pajama!

Palazzo Pajama!

Palazzo Pajama!

Palazzo Pajama!

Palazzo Pajama!

Palazzo Pajama!

by Anonymousreply 19712/07/2012

I was surprised that Emilio's dress got thumbs down from the judges. I liked it a lot; it was high fashion and elegant. I even liked Ivy's dress. The skirt was a little janky but I liked the detail on the bodice and the color was runway worthy. I could see it on Eva Longoria or someone like that.

I was amazed that that pantsuit thing won. It looked like something Faye Dunaway would have worn in The Thomas Crown Affair.

by Anonymousreply 19812/07/2012

I'm not surprised Emilio didn't rate higher. His dress was fairly simple and basic, yet he produced something that didn't even have a finished hem. He should have done much better than he did.

I think the only reason why Laura won is because DVF liked it, and you knew she would. It wasn't a red carpet look, and the print was horrid.

Ivy's dress was horrible - poorly constructed, and the design was very high school prom.

I think Casanova gets kind of a raw deal sometimes - his dress was so much nicer than Anthony Ryan's floaty mess. What woman wants to wear that much fabric? Carolyn would have looked so much better in Casanova's dress than AR's, if that was even a consideration for this challenge.

Althea's dress was just sad. Ivy got lucky.

by Anonymousreply 19912/07/2012

OMG! Laura Kathleen is going to be on Dancing With The ** Stars!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 20012/07/2012

One can never go wrong wearing hostess pajamas, especially around the holidays.

by Anonymousreply 20212/07/2012

I did wonder what DVF really thinks of Isaac M. and vice versa.

by Anonymousreply 20312/07/2012

did anyone even realize that Althea was still there!? I thought she was kicked off weeks ago.

by Anonymousreply 20412/07/2012

They're certainly bizarre.

by Anonymousreply 20512/07/2012

How long before the challenge where they bring back all the losers to help those remaining?

by Anonymousreply 20612/07/2012

I love you, R205.

by Anonymousreply 20712/08/2012

Not much, R204. Not much.

by Anonymousreply 20812/08/2012

Before Tim Gunn was silenced by the producers he wrote a book in which he described taking DvF to a diner in NY for a hot dog and fries. It was quite amusing.

by Anonymousreply 20912/08/2012

I thought Emilio's purple dress was pretty bad but he skated. Josh's shorts were just embarrassing. They looked like something a tranny hooker would wear.

by Anonymousreply 21012/13/2012

Another week of nothing impressive.

Can they end a season by declaring that nobody is worthy to win?

by Anonymousreply 21112/14/2012

I wasn't in the mood to watch this week, and wouldn't have seen it at all except for the late, late repeat. I only watched the runway. When Emilio's came out, I thought, he did it again, I was surprised he thought he might go home. Emilio's not afraid of color, and I really appreciate that about him. So finishing safe didn't surprise me at all, I think he could've been in the top 3.

I also had no clue about the bottom 3, I thought those ridiculous shorts were going to send Josh home, instead he finishes 3rd from the bottom. Casanova was weak though and won't be missed.

by Anonymousreply 21212/14/2012

They're checking them down the list, regardless of the quality of whatever they produce the week their number's up. Conversely, they go out of their way to fawn over the predetermined top three, again regardless of whatever they send down the runway.

I did not even watch last night (fell asleep) but already knew Casanova would be out.

Next: Ivy

In two weeks: Josh

In three weeks: LK

Top three Uli, Emilio, Anthony - who all deserve it, but shouldn't be artificially praised. When their stuff sucks, they should be told, made to suffer bottom three consequences, and THEN maybe spared going home because of the body of their work.

by Anonymousreply 21312/14/2012

The gays, of which I am one, were supposed to be all worked up about Kylie being a judge. She seemed likable and I probably wouldn't mind her at all as an actress, but I do think she's had way too much success as a singer, considering she can't, you know, sing.

by Anonymousreply 21412/14/2012

Once more, once more, once more... we learn that the All Stars have almost no talent. Uli and Anthony Ryan basically created the same dress, and it was quite nice. They are both better than average designers. Emilio, who also has talent, took some risks with color and didn't get punished for it. Laura the Planck dyed her hair even more platinum in an effort to stop people from seeing how dark her eyebrows are, and created another ugly outfit the judges somehow liked--or at least, they liked more than the other hideous outfits the bottom three churned out.

All stars my foot. Why don't they call the show Project Runway's Runner-Ups? Or Project Runway's Runway Rejects?

by Anonymousreply 21512/14/2012

Project Runway Also-Rans. I hope this is the last "all-stars" competition they have, at least for a while. This whole season has been weak. Uli and Anthony Ryan are good. Emilio has ups and downs. But overall, the quality is really subpar.

by Anonymousreply 21612/14/2012

Kylie's dipping heavily into the Botox. Yeesh.

by Anonymousreply 21712/17/2012

Why are you giving Emilio credit for using purple? Why is that so brave or so artistic?

His dress was awful and there was NOTHING whatsoever innovative or interesting about it and on top of that, it was all hot-glued together.

I don't get why he wasn't in the bottom 3.

by Anonymousreply 21812/17/2012

I like blue.

by Anonymousreply 21912/18/2012

Emilio's dress looked like god damned Barbie clothes. The other looks were too attention whorey.

by Anonymousreply 22012/18/2012

So unless there is some twist where a designer that have been kicked out can get back in the competition, it looks like people misread Laura Kathleen's appearance in the kickoff show for the next season. Posters in the Zac Posen/Michael Kors thread assume that Laura Kathleen wins this season.

by Anonymousreply 22112/21/2012

Yet another week of nothing special on the runway!

I had Emilio's dress back in the 80s, BTW, or one remarkably like it. And back then I'd tell people the dress was "30's retro", so why he produced it in a 1920s challenge I don't know.

by Anonymousreply 22212/21/2012

Another episode that proves these Allstars can't design for shit. Oddly, once again, Uli and Anthony Ryan made similar dresses, probably because they're the only two designers with any talent in the competition, although Emilio is good, but erratic. Josh is mediocre, too much of his creativity is drained by having to spend so much time plucking his face. Ivy sucks. She should be the next to be auffed. Laura, terribly privileged as she might be, is a one note crappy designer. Thank the Didn't Make it as a Star Miss Mol for that.

If they ever do an All Stars again, they might want to consider asking good designers to apply. And perhaps ask the weirdly icy Joanna Coles to go back to her refrigerator/freezer, where she clearly spends most of the day.

by Anonymousreply 22312/21/2012

I can't believe Anthony Ryan won that challenge. They all kind of sucked in their own way. I think Uli was the 20s winner. Josh's design could have been so fabulous but he just can't make it work. I'm not even anticipating this finale.

by Anonymousreply 22412/21/2012

Each new episode proves more than the designs are unexceptional, it also proves no matter how much some people complain about the show, they still watch it every week. Could that possibly be because the competition and personalities are still entertaining even if the fashions are ordinary? The main reason I watch it is for the drama of who is getting eliminated each week, I don't expect to be blown away by the dresses.

by Anonymousreply 22512/21/2012

Seems to be a lot of trashing of Josh McKinley, but I think he is an awsome looking dude. Love it when he wears those shorts and shows off those great legs. Wish he lived in my neighborhood.

by Anonymousreply 22612/21/2012

Uli looks like death on a cracker. The only thing she had "done" was to have her ability to consume and digest food surgically removed.

by Anonymousreply 22712/21/2012

I love Uli's aesthetic, and she seems like a decent person. Loved her silver shawl this week and the gorgeous tinsel-y holiday dress. I hope she wins.

by Anonymousreply 22812/21/2012

I thought Josh's was hideous and heavy looking. The green stripe was nice though. He should have gone home for the heavy dress and bad styling. The only reason that they've kept Ivy around is because she is the only one that brings even a hint of drama to the show. All the others are too friendly with each other.

by Anonymousreply 22912/21/2012

[quote]Seems to be a lot of trashing of Josh McKinley, but I think he is an awsome looking dude. Love it when he wears those shorts and shows off those great legs. Wish he lived in my neighborhood.

[quote]by: LSfromMS

I hear he's very popular in the regions!

by Anonymousreply 23012/21/2012

Even as a loser LK was arrogant, spoiled and obnoxious. And what is all this crap about her family's money?

It can't be all that much money, I've never heard of the Plancks of St. Louis.

by Anonymousreply 23112/22/2012

I am more and more shocked each week at the level of ineptitude that these "All-Stars" show.

Winner Anthony Ryan's dress looked like a glittery black pillow case with a vulture feather collar.

Only Emilio's dress had any grace but it had no relation to the 1920s, not even the late 20s, as he said, not even December 1929. In a better season he would have been in the bottom 3 if only for the bad taste of his choice of that dowdy print.

I don't know how the judges, particularly Isaac and whatshername, the Marchesa lady, come up with anything nice to say. It really besmirches their reputations as professional designers.

Goodbye Laura Kathleen Planck (great name!), I will not miss you.

by Anonymousreply 23212/22/2012

Project Runway’s Season 11 returns with a twist that throws 16 eager designers into a panic when they discover they will be participating in the series’ first ever TEAMS EDITION, premiering Thursday, January 24, at 9 p.m. This season, the controversial “team challenges” are taken to a whole new level when the designers must work together for every challenge while ensuring their own garments stand out on the runway to Heidi Klum, Nina Garcia and Zac Posen who will be replacing Michael Kors.

The game-changing new element will push designers to work collaboratively but who will be a team player and who will throw their teammates under the bus? Tim Gunn, will, once again, serve as the mentor to the designers, as they sew their way to New York Fashion Week at Lincoln Center where Michael Kors will serve as the finale guest judge.

Guest judges will include: Bette Midler, Susan Sarandon, Miranda Lambert, John Legend, Joan and Melissa Rivers, Emmy Rossum, Kristin Davis, Jordana Brewster and designers Rachel Roy, Tracy Reese, Chris Benz and Christian Siriano.

by Anonymousreply 23312/22/2012

Josh is SO going home tonight. you can tell it from the start. Nice to see anthony ryan with his boyfriend. Wasn't he sexual-orientation neutral during his season? (at least openly, everyone knew he was a big 'mo).

by Anonymousreply 23412/27/2012

Well once again Project Runway Losers 2012 had the same theme it's had every week: Uli and Anthony Ryan can design a dress, and no one else can. This time Uli's dress was the best, but of course AR won because Mr. Isaac Misery still has the crush on the boy. Emilio's dress wasn't bad but he doesn't seem to be able to quite finish his looks. Josh and Ivy presented terrible outfits, and finally Ivy goes home and Josh can pluck out more eyebrow hair for next week's show.

Carolyn didn't even bother to pretend she has a personality this week. If she were any duller she'd evaporate into the runway. Makes you realize that whatever you might think of Heidi, she's a damn good host.

by Anonymousreply 23512/27/2012

I think we can all agree that if we only knew Ivy from this season we'd say she was a lovely, caring and supportive girl.

But without one iota of talent. Her sense of balance and proportion is consistently off in every challenge.

by Anonymousreply 23612/27/2012

R234 no, Anthony Ryan was out in his season as well.

While Ivy should have been sent home weeks ago, this week it should have been Josh. What a cheap-looking, puckered, pouchy monstrosity.

I thought all the garments were poor this week as usual.

by Anonymousreply 23712/28/2012

I am in love with Anthony Ryan. He's not my usual type and broken into parts I don't find him exceptional. But something about that little twang and his cute little self makes me swoon.

by Anonymousreply 23812/28/2012

I just want them to give Ulli the prize as they should have done on her original season. Was that the one where Jeffrey won? Michael from Atlanta was on as well.

by Anonymousreply 23912/28/2012

Uli's little white dress this week was the best design of the entire All Star season, IMO.

After all her whining about the white fabric and lack of color, the dress actually benefitted from both issues and wouldn't have looked as fresh in a bright runway color.

I loved the neckline and the way she used the frayed edges of the fabric to create a self-fringe. A very classy and adaptable garment for day or night.

It would also probably be far cheaper to manufacture and much more appealing to women of different sizes, ages and colors than Anthony Ryan's tight patterned dress ever will be.

I really didn't get why the judges and especially Elie Tahari didn't declare Uli the winner.

The show is a sham (and I have a crush on Anthony Ryan, too!).

by Anonymousreply 24012/28/2012

Ulli lost her season to asshole Jeffrey. I remember her taking Jeffrey's side when Laura Bennett called him out for breaking the rules during NY Fashion Week.

by Anonymousreply 24112/28/2012

Uli really should have won. Can't believe Anthony keeps winning. What a bore!

How the hell is Josh still there. Tragic.

by Anonymousreply 24212/30/2012

Joshua definitely should've gone home over Ivy. While I thought Ivy's dress was too long, I did like the colors. It reminded me of a sunset with the orange and blue.

My prediction for the final 3? Emilio, Uli and Anthony Ryan. The winner? It will either be Uli or Anthony Ryan.

They showed an ad for Season 11 of regular Project Runway. Every challenge is going to be a team challenge. That should be um, very interesting. lol

by Anonymousreply 24312/30/2012

This season has been so predictable. I've called the "out" designer every week before they even get to sewing. It's been clear they want an Uli/Anthony Ryan face-off at the end.

by Anonymousreply 24412/30/2012

The final three should be Uli, Emilio and Anthony Ryan given who they cast. Not surprised it will turn out that way.

And honestly the final two should be Uli and Emilio IMO. Anthony Ryan is fine but in spite of what the changes keep trying to tell me I still think the other two are way more talented.

by Anonymousreply 24512/30/2012

I think Emilio is very talented, but not as well-suited to the competition. He seems to really think about his designs rather than acting on instinct. Both ways of designing are fine depending on how one's brain works, but the quick turnaround format hinders those who need more time to work out their ideas. He should definitely round out the final three, though.

by Anonymousreply 24612/30/2012

[quote]Ulli lost her season to asshole Jeffrey. I remember her taking Jeffrey's side when Laura Bennett called him out for breaking the rules during NY Fashion Week.

I'm still perplexed that Jeffery won. His designs were unimpressive, and his personality stunk.

by Anonymousreply 24712/30/2012

I can't see anyone but Ullie winning this season.

by Anonymousreply 24812/30/2012

Remember in Uli's season she was amazing with prints and now she is doing all this white stuff. What happened, Uli?

by Anonymousreply 24912/30/2012

R249 The New Uli, that's what happened!

by Anonymousreply 25012/30/2012

[quote]I'm still perplexed that Jeffery won. His designs were unimpressive, and his personality stunk.

Str8 man. Heidi ain't crazy about the fags.

by Anonymousreply 25112/30/2012

Ivy should have gone over Laura. I really don't get how Ivy got this far - all her clothes looked like potato sacks.

Josh makes tacky clothes - there's no other way to say it. He should work for Frederick's of Hollywood, if it even still exists.

This week, I liked Uli's dress. That's the difference with her - she can take a challenging fabric like that weave and make it into something that looks good. She really is a good designer, and is good at constructing. I'm impressed at how much her aesthetic has evolved. I would love to see her win over Anthony Ryan and Emilio.

by Anonymousreply 25201/02/2013

Last week they all made variations on the same dress. Uli's version was the best.

by Anonymousreply 25301/03/2013

I think they have been purposely ungenerous in rewarding Ulli with the top stop several weeks so that she can be perceived an underdog and win the competition.

I've got it all figured out.

by Anonymousreply 25401/03/2013

Is there any doubt Josh will be sent packing tonight?

by Anonymousreply 25501/03/2013

Josh, the Queen of Tacky, SHOULD get sent packing tonight. He should have been sent packing weeks ago. I always love when the judges give him good critiques while smiling through clenched teeth. Last night was the first time I recall Josh getting told anything really negative, and him becoming defensive over something he had to know was pretty awful. I liked that Angela actually showed some balls in challenging him - she kind of won me over when she did that. Up til now, I just thought she was kind of 'meh'.

Also - they all need to get over the exposed zipper, already. That's why I think people such as Uli are so much better - they have taste and know how to make a garment look expensive and classy.

by Anonymousreply 25601/03/2013

Wait, who is Angela?

by Anonymousreply 25701/03/2013

'Also - they all need to get over the exposed zipper, already.'

That fucking exposed zipper has been the go-to accessory for the past three seasons and nobody ever calls them on its overuse.

And I think R256 means Carolyn, the new host, not Angela, the old one. Whatever. They're both pretty blah.

by Anonymousreply 25801/03/2013

R256 made an honest but telling mistake. Angela, Carolyn, they're both completely devoid of any personality. They're mannikins. Nothing going on inside the head.

by Anonymousreply 25901/03/2013

by Anonymousreply 26001/03/2013

An odd episode of Project Runway Runner-ups. They barely had enough material to fill an hour with just the four left-overs, and none of the four really did a very good job, although for the first time Joshua showed some actual taste. Anthony Ryan should have gone home but there was no way that Isaac Misery was going to let his boy toy leave. So all four are left, apparently to go to Paris and try once more to design something that is actually nice.

Katie Holmes looked as if she's aged 30 years in her marriage--but I guess that's not a surprise. The Scientologists are probably sticking pins in images of her.

by Anonymousreply 26101/03/2013

I couldn't believe Mizrahi was serious. Anthony Ryan's looked like the proverbial sack of potatoes tied at the boobs with some of the potatoes still in it.

by Anonymousreply 26201/03/2013

There was no way in hell Isaac was going to let them send home Anthony Ryan. It is clear they wanted to eliminate Josh, but since he gave them the pesky problem of not sucking this week they had no choice but to not eliminate anyone.

by Anonymousreply 26301/03/2013

Anthony Ryan's was awful and completely missed the point of the challenge. They all sucked actually, but I thought Katie Holmes looked great.

by Anonymousreply 26401/04/2013

Uli's and Josh's dresses were nice. It was good that Josh was so restrained, and it was a bit redeeming that he won the challenge. There was no way they could justify cutting him loose this week over Anthony or Emilio, but you know if Josh had produced exactly what either of those two did he'd have been a goner. But how about Josh's hot military brother?

Anthony's dress was especially horrible and unflattering. He did the exact opposite of what someone with that body shape needs. I really don't find Anthony to be all that great a designer, to be honest. He seems rather limited in terms of range.

by Anonymousreply 26501/04/2013

So do they build in an extra episode for the 'surprise we're going to have four finalists now!' episode? They could have used those clients anytime during the season but using them for the last challenge before the final three was a deliberate cheat. The designers weren't going to be pushed to do anything creative for the veterans so they delivered boring ready to wear clothes for the everyday woman. Josh has sucked all season and he only won because of that seeing eye dog. He acquitted himself well but that dress was ordinary at best. That was the PC win. Uli's done that dress before but it was the best of the lot.

Mizrahi made a jackass of himself trying so hard to defend the potato sack Anthony Ryan created. Emilio's was horrible too, straight off a Daffy's rack.

by Anonymousreply 26601/04/2013

Anthony Ryan hid his lady's boobs (as she requested), but he certainly did not hide them.

Because the dress had no shape, the rest of his lady's body looked as humongous as her boobs. This was such a basic gaffe in tailoring and the lack of manipulation of fabric, it seriously undermines any confidence I might have had in Anthony Ryan's skills.

by Anonymousreply 26701/04/2013

Josh became less offensive to me when I saw the picture of his yummy brother.Mood Dog Swatch

by Anonymousreply 26801/04/2013

Thing is, as a designer, Anthony should have been teaching his model what would look good on her and actually make her breasts look smaller if that's what she wanted. She needed a dress with a neckline and sleeves, even if some small cap sleeves. What he did made her look wider, and pretty much forced her boobs out on display. I don't understand Isaac defending that dress - maybe he was really just defending Anthony's body of work, but that dress looked as if Anthony just roped a pair of drapes around the woman at the top of and underneath her boobs.

by Anonymousreply 26901/04/2013

Uli didn't deserve the win because I was certain that she'd done that same dress a couple of times before. There was something very repetitive about it. Josh was the deserving winner but what about Georgina's stupid observation that it should have been a gown? Huh? These women don't have much money and functionality is important. She could clearly wear Josh's dress for many occasions but a gown? And she also said she wanted to show off her prosthetic leg. It sounded like they all wanted to say something to make us question who would go home but Mizrahi was totally out of line.

by Anonymousreply 27001/04/2013

I never noticed until last night how fake Mizrahi's hair looks, epsecially the hair line.

by Anonymousreply 27101/04/2013

How did you manage to look at him and not notice? Were you too dazzled by his pretty face?

by Anonymousreply 27201/04/2013

Shapeless, grey, and with a band across her chest that not only pushed her tits DOWN and then OUT, but he also made the brilliant choice to place the darkest fabric right over her can so you'd have nowhere else to look. All anyone will remember from that dress is TITS. Huge fail, and I imagine he lost business with that crap.

Also, why wasn't Uli sent home for basically handing over the dress she already had on?

by Anonymousreply 27301/04/2013

The finale reminded me of "Next Food Network Star" a few years back. There were three final contestants, Big Daddy, Adam Gertler and some woman whose eyes squinted when she smiled. It was a definite setup to send Gertler home. They were at the Wynn and were instructed to come up with a meal for the top chefs and guests. Gertler went to his roots and did a smokehouse buffet. He was not only the top votegetter amongst the guests but also the chefs. He did a great intro and the guests said they would watch his show. Big Daddy came out and started fake crying. The Tina Turner impersonator said she didn't know what he was doing. He should have been elminated but remember, he was the chosen one for the season.

So you guessed it. All three went to the finals and Big Daddy won it.

by Anonymousreply 27401/04/2013

Your point is well taken, R274, and, if I may say so, beautifully typed, but this was not the finale.

by Anonymousreply 27501/04/2013

[quote]Josh became less offensive to me when I saw the picture of his yummy brother.

In Josh's first season they showed a picture of him as a high school athlete. Before he started styling himself as a glossy twink, he looked like his brother. Josh is basically super hot but ruins it with his ridiculous styling and that nauseating nelliness.

by Anonymousreply 27601/04/2013

Anthony Ryan's dress was hideous. He made a big girl look bigger and did not hide her bosom as she requested but made it front and center, not to mention saggy. I can't believe he didn't get bashed more. Mizrahi knew Ryan should have gone home but went ballistic in his defense of him. The show lost me at that point. When the bland hostess asked the others what they should do after tying on who should go home, I laughed out loud and said, "All four are going to the finale." We've seen it before too many times. The final three should be Uli, Emilio and Josh. One bad dress sent others home but not Anthony Ryan? I like Anthony and he's definitely been the frontrunner but last night's effort was bad enough where I would have sent him home.

by Anonymousreply 27701/04/2013

Joshua's dress was not appropriate for a military ball, which is what she was wearing it to. Georgina was right about wanting it to be a gown.

by Anonymousreply 27801/04/2013

[quote] Georgina was right about wanting it to be a gown.

But she kept saying she wished it had been a "dress," which confused me. It was a dress! Now I understand she meant "long dress."

by Anonymousreply 27901/04/2013

I thought that what she meant was that the dyed cheetah pattern should have been the dominant fabric in the dress, rather than just trim.

by Anonymousreply 28001/04/2013

I was surprised how bitchy Isaac got with Georgina during the judging. I've never seen a judge get so testy with another judge like that before. He had better watch it, considering that Georgina's hubby is the producer of the show.

by Anonymousreply 28101/04/2013

R281, I think all the judges knew it would be a non-elimination episode, and all that drama over Anthony Ryan was for the benefit of production suspense.

by Anonymousreply 28201/04/2013

Caroline: WOW, what an amazing runway. Katie Holmes: *grimaces*

Anthony Ryan's was awful. I liked the design of Josh's but he somehow finds a way to make everything look cheap!

by Anonymousreply 28301/04/2013

Why does Josh try to make himself as unattractive as possible? He would be kinda hot if he'd groom himself like a normal person and not dress like a 5-year-old girl. And it wouldn't hurt him to hit the gym every once in awhile. He has the kind of body structure that would muscle up easily.

by Anonymousreply 28401/04/2013

LOL R284, Josh does dress like a 5 year old girl! Last night I kept thinking that the way he dresses reminded me of someone but I couldn't remember who. Then when I read your post it hit me--my niece when she was a little girl. Good observation and thanks for the laugh!

by Anonymousreply 28501/04/2013

Yes, Georgina said that she wished the "cheetah" print was used for the body of the dress, not just an afterthought hem.

by Anonymousreply 28601/04/2013

"Also, why wasn't Uli sent home for basically handing over the dress she already had on?"

Because Ulli's dress was so flattering - that's the ultimate purpose of dresses after all. The dress looked lovely when she walked, and the military gal looked like she had an amazing figure when she had it on.

Anthony Ryan's potato sack... ugh. If you saw the original sketch, he had intended it to be nipped in on the sides, and to flow down the front, thereby bringing out the woman's waist and minimizing the bust. But he failed to define the waist the way he intended and had to resort to that AWFUL belt, it was a disaster and it failed because of his inadequate tailoring skills. If that didn't get him sent home, I don't know what would.

by Anonymousreply 28701/04/2013

[quote]I was surprised how bitchy Isaac got with Georgina during the judging. I've never seen a judge get so testy with another judge like that before. He had better watch it, considering that Georgina's hubby is the producer of the show.

I believe her legal name must be "The Beautiful Georgina Chapman," because no one ever refers to her as anything else.

Anthony Ryan's dress was one of the worst in PR history. That poor woman looked like a refrigerator from the back.

by Anonymousreply 28801/04/2013

I hate it when there isn't a level playing field...some of them are dressing petite women who look good in any clothes and then Anthony Ryan is dressing a fullback. They were correct not to send anyone home since at least 2 of the designers had a huge advantage over the others by being awarded attractive slender women to dress. Not to mention one of them had a dog....awwwwww.

by Anonymousreply 28901/04/2013

That's a weak argument, R289. Anthony should have been able to work with what he has. If he really is a good designer, then he'll know what looks best on her, not try to dress her like she's a size 0. The designers on this show always think they're dressing mannequins. Remember Ven from last season? They all pretty much have the same attitude.

by Anonymousreply 29001/04/2013

by Anonymousreply 29101/04/2013

I don't get it, r291.

by Anonymousreply 29201/05/2013

Not a Runway regular, eh, 292?

Katie Holmes doesn't smile, she bares her teeth. It's kind of frightening.

by Anonymousreply 29301/05/2013

Very much a PR regular and still don't get it, pardon my ignorance. However, I can see YOU are not a DL regular, as you don't know how to properly reference posters so people can click on them.

I will go ahead and explain, which is much more than you seem willing to do. You need to put an r in front of the reply number to make it interactive. That way, a useless 292 becomes a clickable r292.

by Anonymousreply 29401/05/2013

I didn't love Uli's dress because it was high in the front, showing off the woman's worst assets, her thick legs. I didn't think it was flattering at all. And when Josh's model came down the runway in the dress with the dog, they looked like Orphan Annie and Sandy. And I, too, thought Anthony Ryan getting the fullback was unfair. But still and all, that dress was awful. And bad construction or not, the yellow dress looked the best on the runway and was definitely the most flattering.

by Anonymousreply 29501/05/2013

[quote]they looked like Orphan Annie and Sandy

LOL, missing pupils and all?!

by Anonymousreply 29601/05/2013

This might be the worst runway ever on this show. Do they have the option to just scrap a challenge that goes awry? Anthony Ryan's dress was grounds for that woman to beat the crap out of him. I cannot believe that any of the judges found anything good to say about it. They could not complain about the construction on Emilio's dress if they're giving the designers mere hours to complete a challenge. That's the worst part of this show--designers who do careful tailoring don't have the time to do their best.

by Anonymousreply 29701/07/2013

I am confused about what is going on as well. Is next week introducing the finale? Or are they just doing another episode to eliminate someone and then the finale will be happen?

by Anonymousreply 29801/07/2013

What is the finale for this one? Are they doing a runway show? I'm sure there will be four finalists and they'll give the prize to Mono Ball. So let it be written, let it be done.

by Anonymousreply 29901/07/2013

From the trailer all we know is that all four of them get to go to Paris and visit Valentino!!!!

by Anonymousreply 30001/07/2013

Only Josh could shop at the largest fabric store in Paris and choose the ugliest Gramma print in all of Europe.

You can't teach taste.

by Anonymousreply 30101/10/2013

Well all along we've been saying the same thing: the finale would be Anthony Ryan, Uli, and Emilio. And so it was. And so it will be.

The trip to Paris seemed awfully odd--24 hours to buy fabric, and only Emilio really seemed to pick out something that Mood didn't sell. Anthony Ryan actually did create a beautiful dress though, exciting his imaginary lover, M. Isaac Misery, into a cataleptic fit of joy. Josh picked out what was possible the ugliest print ever to show up in couture. The judges were far too kind to him. But what Uli did in an hour--take her so-so dress and make something so beautiful out of it so quickly--was rather breathtaking. The Gorgeous Georgina Chapman actually gasped when she saw it, or perhaps, just burped. Regardless, it was nice to see Josh go. His taste was the worst of the final four, and his eyebrows were very, very tiresome.

by Anonymousreply 30201/10/2013

I talk with my teeth and my Norma Desmond eyes and, give me an hour, and I'll raise the hemline on a gown and make it a skirt!

by Anonymousreply 30301/10/2013

Anyone who does that to his eyebrows has no taste. And my god, that print looked like a kitchen nook tablecloth! And r302, this week she was the "Exquisite" Georgina Chapman.

by Anonymousreply 30401/10/2013

Yes Pier Paulo, I did notice that this week that The Gorgeous Georgina Chapman was only "Exquisite." I don't know why she was demoted from "Gorgeous" this week. We can only hope that she is promoted back to "Gorgeous" next time.

by Anonymousreply 30501/10/2013

It's funny that nobody told Emilio and Anthony Ryan what was happening and why they had to wait for so long before the other two came back stage with the results.

"I'm like a straight guy at a baseball game!"

by Anonymousreply 30601/11/2013

What an insult to Uli to make her face off against Josh that way. Seriously - Josh should have gotten eliminated as soon as that granny print showed up on the runway.

by Anonymousreply 30701/11/2013

The face off was clearly to create a bit of drama. Uli's dress had a lining issue, which she knew about in advance. Other than that (and the exposed zipper fixation -- this time not so much exposed as announced with black sequins), her dress was fine. His was an obvious mess, but they had ten or fifteen minutes of air time to fill.

by Anonymousreply 30801/11/2013

I didn't care for any of the fabrics or dresses except for Uli's redesigned dress at the end. And I can't believe they went to that amazing Parisian fabric house and walked out with the most underwhelming fabrics in the place.

by Anonymousreply 30901/11/2013

I think that Josh's choice was guided by his misunderstanding of Jeffrey's selection in the Season 3 couture challenge. Jeffrey used yellow plaid cotton for a fresh, arguably witty approach. Josh saw that and grasped only "cheap looking is good."

The black and white contrasted with bold color could also be exciting; think Marsden Hartley, or even Mondo. But the scale was so off that it didn't work for Josh, who has heard of good ideas, rather than had them.

by Anonymousreply 31001/11/2013

This show is rigged. Last time I called Mondo from the beginning this time I've had Emilio -- there was so much gnashing over Seth Aaron beating him out a couple years ago in the media (even though Seth Aaron *was* better) that this will be another make-up call.

Rigged, rigged, rigged. What the other two do will not matter in the finale. Guaranteed.

by Anonymousreply 31101/11/2013

Fank you.

by Anonymousreply 31201/11/2013

I like Cynthia Rowley but she's a hack of a designer, as is Isaac.

by Anonymousreply 31301/11/2013

I haven't been blown away by any of the clothes all season. On last night's episode, I thought all the dresses had problems. No need to go back over the hideous fabric choice Josh made. I wasn't as excited about Emilio's as the judges were. It does seem rigged and like the judges are trying too hard to act excited about mediocre clothes.

by Anonymousreply 31401/11/2013

And what must Joanna Coles really think of the lacklustre contestants when she's been exposed to so many young designers of real talent? I can only assume they're paying her a shitload of money to lower her standards.

by Anonymousreply 31501/11/2013

What is the dark mark over Emilio's eyebrow?

by Anonymousreply 31601/11/2013

I don't buy for a second that this was a 24-hour Paris-and-back turnaround. Joanna Coles (in both ends of the world with the designers) is important enough to never have agreed to it. I think they had plenty of time to wine, dine, muse, relax, and shoot location scenes there, perhaps without being allowed to sketch or sew.

Their one-liners were particularly forced.

ULI: "I kent belive we were in Paris and now wir bak"

by Anonymousreply 31701/11/2013

I know they're married, but I don't know how the "Exquisite" Georgina Chapman can fuck her husband Harvey Weinstein. He's a pig.

by Anonymousreply 31801/11/2013

I want to shave Josh's eyebrows off and redo them with a magic marker. And I want to shave off Anthony Ryan's school marm bun.

I also thought Josh's frock was completely successful. He went for ugly and stupid and he delivered like Domino's.

by Anonymousreply 31901/11/2013

Because Harvey bankrolled Georgina and her partner's design firm.

by Anonymousreply 32001/11/2013

Maybe Anthony Ryan is like really really into Allanah Currie of The Thompson Twins. He kind of looks like her too.

by Anonymousreply 32101/11/2013

Awww!! Thompson Twins!!

by Anonymousreply 32201/11/2013

r 312 that made me laugh.

by Anonymousreply 32301/11/2013

Anthony Ryan looked so cute this week with his hipster knitted cap hiding that ridiculous hairdo.

by Anonymousreply 32401/11/2013

Anthony Ryan saying he was inspired by the Valentino show was a bit of an understatement. He more-or-less copied the show's design theme.

by Anonymousreply 32501/12/2013

Why was exquisite Georgina Chapman wearing a cast-off from Cher's "Half Breed" collection?

by Anonymousreply 32601/12/2013

I thought the same R326. I'd need to take an antihistamine tablet before wearing that little number.

Josh should have been eliminated as soon as he pruchased that cheap looking fabric. Hell, he should never have been asked back in the first place. All of Season 10's finalists (Dimitri, Fabio, Melissa & Christopher) have more talent that he does.

by Anonymousreply 32701/12/2013

That's what I was thinking, R325. He pretty much copied the Valentino collection and didn't get called out for it.

by Anonymousreply 32801/12/2013

According to the previews they have four fucking days to put together their finale collection. I'm really annoyed by them not giving the designers any time to make clothes, you are going to get a lot of half ass shit when you don't give them time to work.

by Anonymousreply 32901/12/2013

They probably only had 4 days before the next season started filming. They're really churning out PR these days.

by Anonymousreply 33001/12/2013

The last two seasons of PR were filmed back-to-back, season 11 has been in the can for close to a year. Michael Kors refused to do back-to-back seasons so he was replaced, but not necessarily permanently.

Season 11 will be done in teams of two, which normally I don't like because it's unfair to the individual designers, but it probably will amp up the drama. And the series needed a shakeup. Two people might also be able to create better designs, unless they're just going to be expected to create twice as much. It premieres Jan. 24th.

by Anonymousreply 33101/13/2013

It's just annoying that instead of showcasing designs the show is showcasing how NOT to design... small budgets, insanely short periods to achieve complex ideas, unfair pairing of designers or designers with clients (since they no longer even pretend that this is by chance). So yeah, someone with more talent might show something less horrendous than one with less talent, but basically we are still viewing horrendous outfits. Why not give them decent budgets or a decent time to shop if you are giving them shitty budgets, and a decent time to design and fix problems. Doing couture on a budget with 24 hours to work on it jet lagged... did you expect hand embroidered beaded detailing? Of course it will be a design that relies on the fabric ... that was just stupid. Just say, we are flying you to Paris so you can buy expensive fabric to make another pretty dress. Don;t call it couture and try to make the show seem like it's really about design and fashion.

And that last minute BS about giving them an hour to redo the dresses? Why not say "Josh, your design is slightly less shitty than Ulli, but we still don't want you in the final 4. We tried to get rid of you last week and gave you an amputee thinking it will freak the eyebrows out of you, but you showed us! So now we gave you a couture job thinking you will sink, and you did! Unfortunately so did Ulli, only slightly deeper, so let's save us all time and aggravation and just go home already?"

Ugh enough!

And Ulli's last gown was a good solution to an idiotic challenge, that COULD have been great had it not been so blatantly a "let's get rid of Josh" thing.

I really miss the old seasons. I really miss the PR from other countries.

by Anonymousreply 33201/13/2013

How does Tim Gunn find time to film PR and his ABC daytime show?

by Anonymousreply 33301/13/2013

Damn R332, get a hold on yourself, it's only a TV show for christs sake.

by Anonymousreply 33401/13/2013

When Josh redid his dress...shortened it, and used a belt instead of letting the lace flow down onto that hideous print - it looked nice. I wish he had done the waist of his original dress like that.

The print was an awful choice - but he remade his dress....Uli used her leftover lining to drape a new outfit and just used the shoulders of her original dress.

Josh - although I'm not sorry he's gone - actually did the task correctly.

by Anonymousreply 33501/13/2013

Yeah, but R332 has a point, particularly with the Josh/Uli bullshit. As I said upthread, it was an insult to Uli's talent to make her face off with Josh. She had one bad design in her body of work, and how many challenges did she win? Whereas Josh had, what, maybe two good (maybe 'decent' is a better word) designs total. That granny fabric should have been his demise. Who the fuck would go to some upscale fabric place in Paris and pick out that?! It just shows he has an overall lack of taste and should have been judged this last time based on both his taste level and overall shitty body of work.

by Anonymousreply 33601/13/2013

Well, that's true.

by Anonymousreply 33701/13/2013

I agree with r335, Josh's remake was clearly better and if judged on that alone, he should've gotten through to the finals. But the judges do consider their performance throughout the season, and I was shocked many times when Josh didn't get sent home. They gave him so many second chances, but he rarely rose above mediocre and often failed outright. I was surprised by his limitations because I thought he did pretty well in his original season.

by Anonymousreply 33801/13/2013

In past seasons it was always fun to see the collections because you actually got to see what the designers could accomplish given a lot of time, money, and creative freedom to put forward their fashion.

By losing that you just keep getting the same thing as the challengers, see what these designers can turn out given unrealistic restraints placed on them.

I'd like to see what Uli, Emilio and Anthony Ryan would actually do for a real collection this time around. Instead we will see a couple outfits they throw together in a few days.

Just silly.

by Anonymousreply 33901/13/2013

It's "sank you" 312. KP lesion, 316? He didn't have it during his season. I'm not sure he's on the DL though, he might be out but quiet about it. I think it's not cool in the 'hood to be gay and that's why he acted very cool and distant to Tim during Tim's home visit.

by Anonymousreply 34001/13/2013

r340, when you refer to someone else's post, just put an "r" in front of the post number to create a link to their post.

by Anonymousreply 34101/13/2013

Love this show, really want Uli to win, but can just imagine she will make her "uli dress" a bunch of times for the runway! Can't handle whats-his-name's hair, that is so wrong! He is gonna burst into tears if he loses, ....

by Anonymousreply 34201/13/2013

I am glad Joshua is gone. That queen is annoying as hell. Not funny. She's trying to get her 15 minutes of fame extended and that ain't happening. Over my dead body, bitch!!!

by Anonymousreply 34301/13/2013

Does Josh live in NYC? If so, where?

by Anonymousreply 34401/13/2013

I thought I did. Maybe it is case sensitive?

by Anonymousreply 34501/13/2013

Congratulations Emilio! I knew he would win. Uli's collection was the same shit she always did, but I did actually kinda like it.

But glad Emilio won. Yay!

by Anonymousreply 34601/13/2013

OK, r346, what's going on?

by Anonymousreply 34701/13/2013

r346 Emilio wins?

by Anonymousreply 34801/16/2013

Joshua is a fucking CUNT FEATURE. Anthony ryan selects him to help with the final collection and the fat queen says she's too tired.

fuck you, Joshua.

by Anonymousreply 34901/17/2013

The gorgeous Georgina Chapman. yep - that name must be in her contract.

by Anonymousreply 35001/17/2013

If Uli doesn't win this.......!

by Anonymousreply 35101/17/2013

Isaac, what the fuck was so POLITICAL about Emilio's collection?

The fact that he stuck the same Minnie Mouse red bow in each of his model's hair??

by Anonymousreply 35201/17/2013

Supposedly a very shocking finale.

by Anonymousreply 35301/17/2013

I'm ok with Emilio winning this, he's been so strong this season, but I didn't like his collection tonight. I'm also uncomfortable with him trying to win with the "political card", shall we say. Uli was the best, Anthony's was pathetic, get the hook.

by Anonymousreply 35401/17/2013

And of course. It was obvious from the way they have been sucking Anthony Ryan's dick the whole season he was destined to win.

He had the weakest of the three collections. But Emilio and Uli were stronger.

by Anonymousreply 35501/17/2013

what a surprise

by Anonymousreply 35601/17/2013

Season 11 starts next Thursday, the merry-go-round just keeps spinning.

by Anonymousreply 35701/17/2013

Tom and Lorenzo must be throwing things at the screen right now.

Anthony's was the most predictable collection (black and blue, peek-a-boo horizontals and square panels)and Uli was dramatic but a litle chintzy.

I would have gone with Emilio and I honestly think those early Madonna bows killed him.

by Anonymousreply 35801/17/2013

Once again PR screws up. It was obvious from Isaac Misery's puppy love eyes that Anthony Ryan was going to win from Day 1, but even though he is a talented designer, AR's show was pretty crappy. Uli's was much better--especially in her styling, and Emilio's was also better, with much more thought and feeling in his designs. AR's collection looked cheap and poorly constructed compared to the others. Still, no one stops Isaac Misery from getting his goal -- a little hug from his little favorite.

by Anonymousreply 35901/17/2013

And yes, Georgina Chapman, after spending just one week as The Exquisite Georgina Chapman, has been promoted back to her title as The Gorgeous Georgina Chapman.

by Anonymousreply 36001/17/2013

Loved Isaac's suit tonight, at least, if not his taste in finalists.

by Anonymousreply 36101/17/2013

[quote]Janice Dickinson - the world's first supermodel

by Anonymousreply 36201/17/2013

[quote]Janice Dickinson - the world's first supermodel

And she was not even the second. Ahem!

by Anonymousreply 36301/17/2013

Really?!? Really?!?!?!

by Anonymousreply 36401/17/2013

Yes, it seemed obvious that Anthony Ryan was going to win, no matter what crap he sent down the runway. His was the weakest collection by far. Ah well. All these shows jumped the shark years ago. At least they didn't get rid of him and then brought him back like Top Chef.

by Anonymousreply 36501/17/2013

Emilio's runway was awful. No women would wear those tacky frocks. And all black models was political? Goofy to say the least.

I like Anthony but Uli was robbed. Her collection was much better if a little over-wrought. The one dress with the fur thingy off to one side on the shoulder was mah-velous dahlink.

by Anonymousreply 36601/18/2013

Uli looked completely shocked.

by Anonymousreply 36701/18/2013

Ugh.... Isaac thinks she's going to get into Anthony Ryan's pants by him winning. That is the ONLY reason Miss Ryan won. What is it about PR on Lifetime? They never get it right.

by Anonymousreply 36801/18/2013

Uli's collection was the only one that looked expensive, she should have won.

by Anonymousreply 36901/18/2013

Uli was robbed. She played around with different fabrics, patterns, and textures and each one of her pieces looked couture, chic, and expensive. Anthony Ryan's collection was all color blocked panels; commercial, but unexceptional. Emilio's was a tacky mess, reminiscent of the late'80-early '90s urban fashions worn by the likes of Whitney Houston, Salt-n-Peppa, and early TLC in their music videos.

by Anonymousreply 37001/18/2013

I liked Anthony Ryan's final collection the best because it was the most modern (sans the obvious construction flaws), although I still think Uli should have won for her entire body of work throughout this season and her original PR season. Emilio's final collection was really unispiring, especially given the intriguing concept he was aiming for. He should have definitely come in third.

I still don't begrudge Anthony Ryan's win. I really liked most of his pieces this season and he was usually tied with Uli for my favorites in each of the competitions.

by Anonymousreply 37101/18/2013

Anthony Ryan made the same dress over and over - it had different color blocks and different length but it was the same dress Ulli made a COLLECTION which was cohesive despite using a variety of fabrics and textures. AR was no more modern than Uli, I have seen those dresses before. To say that his first gown was the best ever on PR explains why Isaac makes most of his sales on QVC. THAT's his market and his perspective now.

by Anonymousreply 37201/18/2013

Ohhh and who REALLY was surprised by this outcome which was foreshadowed since the first time Isaac started to praise the dumbest ugliest things just to make sure AR won a challenge or remained in the competition. For the MyLifetime audience one testicle sob story trumps the Berlin Wall any day!

by Anonymousreply 37301/18/2013

By now I'm the type who watches only the runway portion of the show. It STILL irritates me to no end to have to watch all these camera cuts to the same 2 people (Mizrahi and the hostess) doing the same two expressions over and over, in the middle of the fashion show.

Just when they're about to zoom in on a dress and you think you'll be able to appreciate it, they assume we prefer to watch a reaction shot of Isaac Mizrahi (the same one repeatedly) and when they're back on the runway, it's another dress and we practically missed the first one!

by Anonymousreply 37401/18/2013

Emilio = WilliWear

by Anonymousreply 37501/18/2013

Uli was raped and thrown in a dumpster. Third?? seriously? Emilio's looked like the cast of the How Will I Know video walked the runway. AR's umm Mila did color blocking better and how the hell could you look at them all with their different lengths and say that looked good? That gown Uli did was amazing, her whole collection was cohesive and on trend. The only bad thing they said about it was her use of fake fur made it look a bit did not read cheap it read amazing. If you read the end of the show credits it says producers can make decisions that influence the outcome of the show. I am pretty sure in this case they chose AR for his sob story...but hell even making Uli third? that was a crime. I call bull shit.

by Anonymousreply 37601/18/2013

[quote]Emilio's looked like the cast of the How Will I Know video

Thanks for that, I like to start the day with a laugh.

by Anonymousreply 37701/18/2013

It's too bad they've stopped doing those reunion/bitch session shows with the entire cast at the end of each series. I would have liked to hear everyone's reactions to the outcome of this one to see if they were as outraged as I am that Uli was denied the win.

I like AR and think he is talented but he is nowhere near the artist or craftsman that Uli is.

by Anonymousreply 37801/18/2013

Uli was also robbed in her season against Jeffrey. I thought her first collection was really beautiful too. Lots of resort style clothes with beautiful color. Her collection last night was a sea change from that one and it shows her to be a true designer. She did that fucking collection in four days! Not one piece that looked unfinished or unstyled. All the lead up to it pointed to her winning. When she got third (!!) place it was so wrong. I think she most likely has an already established business and this exposure can only help that but it's still fucked. Between this and this week's ep of Top Chef the seams are really beginning to give on the "objective" judging on these shows. And I have to laugh everytime the gorgeous and hard on inducing Georgina Chapman Weinstein is introduced. For once I would like Carolyn to just ad lib and introduce her as "the overly made up and married to a troll Georgina Chapman." Kudos to the poster who said that Emilio's collection looked like 80s Whitney. I did love the models though even though the meth addict who edits this show seems to think that we really don't want to actually see the garments. Hrummmph.

by Anonymousreply 37901/18/2013

The more I think about it, the weirder it seems.... Uli's collection was so much better than the other two. But no, being more talented, a better stylist, and more creative wasn't enough. What a fiasco. Poor Uli. I hope she has a great career. She deserves it.

In the meantime, The Gorgeous Georgina Chapman has to sleep with Harvey Weinstein every night. Isaac Miserable has to look at his face in the mirror every morning. Carolyn Murphy has to live every day without a personality.

So Uli wins.

by Anonymousreply 38001/18/2013

I am just STUNNED that Lifetime didn't give the prize to Uli, although personally I do believe she deserved it. And I thank the poster above who described Emilio's collection as the "How WIll I Know" collection!

by Anonymousreply 38101/18/2013

Ugh....can Project Runway please stop giving airtime to Mondo? He's starting to look even creepier than usual.

by Anonymousreply 38201/18/2013

Emilio's collection was so ghetto tacky.

by Anonymousreply 38301/18/2013

I agree with everyone else. I really like Anthony Ryan and I was kind of hoping he'd win until I saw Uli's collection. Uli's was the best by far and I like her current stuff better than her past "Uli dresses".

It should have been Uli, Anthony Ryan, then Emilio last. Emilio's collection looked like projectile clown puke.

by Anonymousreply 38401/18/2013

omg I peed - the cast of How Will I on!

Just on styling alone Uli should have won. That show looked like a fashion week show in Milan or was stunning and she did it in four days. I like AR, but if anyone's collection looked like student was his. His hem lines were all over the place and it was color blocking. How hard is color blocking? He basically did the same dress over and over all season, high collared shirt dress with a long skirt. I swear when they had the models all standing together I was screaming...CAN YOU NOT SEE THE HEM LINES?? Uli was robbed. Hard.

by Anonymousreply 38501/18/2013

What's the deal with of Emilio's models?

by Anonymousreply 38601/18/2013

No comment on that useless lump Casanova? "I'm on vacation." Really?

by Anonymousreply 38701/18/2013

They really need to go back to the original formant for the finale, throwing something together in a few days may be dramatic but it doesn't make for quality clothing at the finale.

It also isn't fair to the designers, they want jobs at the end of the show, and they need to be able to show more than their ability to throw stuff together on the fly.

by Anonymousreply 38801/18/2013

The last episode seemed long and poorly edited to me. I was so bored by the end that I didn't care who won.

by Anonymousreply 38901/18/2013

I didn't care who won either, but would have liked to see the actual god-damned clothes, instead of shot after shot of reacting hostesses and judges.

by Anonymousreply 39001/18/2013

Uli's collection looked as good if not far better than winners from past seasons who had three months to put their collection together.

by Anonymousreply 39101/18/2013

Hope I never have to see that bitchy host (Catherine? Carolyn?) again.

by Anonymousreply 39201/18/2013

I agree R390.

by Anonymousreply 39301/18/2013

She was like the grown up version of Amy Pohler's imitation of Dakota Fanning...

by Anonymousreply 39401/18/2013

I don't think I've liked a single thing that Uli has done this season, but she was the clear winner. I honestly can't believe she did that in four days. Anthony Ryan had one stunning look, but that shouldn't have won it for him.

by Anonymousreply 39501/18/2013

Carolyn Murphy could barely contain herself when Anthony took the stage. I knew then he was going to win. I liked her when she was a model but I really fucking dislike her after this. Worst host so far.

Agree the order should have been Uli, Anthony then Emilio. The comments during judging lent themselves to that order. God only knows why AR was selected as the golden boy this season. After the whole Lance Armstrong debacle I'm feeling a lot less charitable to those with only one ball.

Joshua & Cassanova proved once more what a fuckwits they are, Mondo looked even more like the douchebag he is and Liv Tyler is just beautiful (if not a little dim). That is what gorgeous really looks like.

The next season better be great from the get-go or I'm bowing out.

by Anonymousreply 39601/19/2013

Never mind not understanding how Uli didn't win, I don't understand why she came in LAST after Emilio?! I knew as soon as Isaac said 'we've seen that before' she wasn't going to win. Her collection looked very couture and expensive - seriously, only 4 days to create something that looked like that? And then you have Anthony Ryan's crooked hemlines and color blocking? I won't even get into Emilio's colorful mess. I really don't see how either AR's or Emilio's collections didn't constitute 'something we've seen before'. Fuck. This show is so fucked.

by Anonymousreply 39701/19/2013

Not to mention AR ripped the back of his first dress off Emilio's yellow design from a few episodes back. And admitted he stole the silhouette from Valentino's collection.

by Anonymousreply 39801/19/2013

When they stood there looking at Uli's they were all in marvel. AR and Emilio they both has some hyper critical things to say but Uli they gushed. From that I swore Uli won it was so one sided. Then when they called her third I was shocked. I thought Emilio totally missed the mark and ended up with an 80's collection. AR showed promise but with 8 dresses and no cohesive hemline>>?? it read very student. I liked his long dress but it was copy of his last dress done in color blocking.

I truly believe that they knocked Uli down because they were jealous. "How dare that bitch show a couture line in 4 days?" Even the after show interviews - Uli got a rave from an actual real money making designer who said she could show today any where in the world. The other two got praise from former contestants..duh. Obvi.

by Anonymousreply 39901/19/2013

This All-Stars concept has been played out and will hopefully be retired after this season. All the interesting past contestants have already participated.

by Anonymousreply 40001/19/2013

The show has racked up tons of past contestants in 10 seasons. I'm sure All-Stars will be back for a 3rd season. It's RuPaul's Drag Race that probably won't keep doing All-Stars seasons. They stupidly used up a ton of contestants in their first All-Stars, by making them compete in pairs, and all for a piddly 6 episode run. Plus the show has only had 4 seasons anyway. There's no way they can keep burning through old contestants at that rate.

by Anonymousreply 40101/19/2013

After another couple of All-Stars seasons, they can do an All-Stars of the All-Stars, featuring the losers of previous seasons. Including Josh, if he's no longer too tired. And Michael Costello, of course.

by Anonymousreply 40201/19/2013

I wonder how PR Season 11 is going to work having them compete in pairs. There are 16 designers, if they eliminate the entire losing team, the contestants will disappear too fast to do a full season run. If they only eliminate one team member, every other episode would have an odd number of contestants so someone would have to be a team of one.

by Anonymousreply 40301/19/2013

Still waiting to hear what was so brave and political about Emilio's collection......

Garmentos have the strangest sense of priorities.

by Anonymousreply 40401/19/2013

There was nothing brave or political about Emilio's collection, R404. Like someone said - it looked like the wardrobe from Whitney's 'I Wanna Dance' video. I'm still stunned Uli came in third after his dreadful collection. What an insult to her immense talent.

by Anonymousreply 40501/19/2013

But when Isaac (and everyone!) kept using those words "brave" and "political" what the hell did they all mean? What were they referring to? Surely not the red hair bows??

by Anonymousreply 40601/19/2013

I liked all three collections. Uli's, I had seen over and over and over again; Anthony's wasn't like anything he had done previously; and Emilio's I liked just because--though the red headwrap would've been fine on just one model.

by Anonymousreply 40701/19/2013

I think they were referring to the fact that Emilio's collection was about black history, was worn by black models, and was designed to flatter black women.

I suppose they consider anything that isn't aimed at the mass market to be "brave". That's kind of silly, really, because most of the stuff on the show can only be worn by models and isn't marketable.

by Anonymousreply 40801/19/2013

Yes, the 'political' comment was in regards to all of his models being black. Was this filmed during the elections? Maybe it seemed like more of a political statement at the time? Sad that this is still considered a big deal.

by Anonymousreply 40901/19/2013

Yes, this was filmed during the elections. But, how did Uli come up with those original and different designs? I was surprised.

by Anonymousreply 41001/19/2013

Btw, I was shocked that Anthony won, but my favorites never win.

by Anonymousreply 41101/19/2013

Can't one of you bitches start a thread about the new season of PR? It premiered last night.

by Anonymousreply 41201/25/2013

Did you make an effort to search for it, r412? It does comes up if you try.

But here, I'll do the work for you.

by Anonymousreply 41301/25/2013

[quote]Anthony Ryan made the same dress over and over - it had different color blocks and different length but it was the same dress Ulli made a COLLECTION which was cohesive despite using a variety of fabrics and textures. AR was no more modern than Uli, I have seen those dresses before. To say that his first gown was the best ever on PR explains why Isaac makes most of his sales on QVC. THAT's his market and his perspective now. [/quote]

Thank you!!! I was waiting for someone to point out the obvious.

Color blocking and cut out is what sums up AR's collection over the season.

Looking at his runway collection, it was nothing I would think would be seen in a runway. Seriously, it looked as if it would be something seen in the office.

by Anonymousreply 41401/26/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!