Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

What, if anything, do you think will happen on December 21, 2012?

It is supposedly the end of the Mayan calendar. Not everyone agrees that's even true, but of those who do, some think it's no more significant than one of our annual calendars ending on December 31. You just get a new one. Others think it indicates the end of the world, something equally dramatic.

There's also Terence McKenna's Timewave Zero, which predicts moments or periods of "novelty" in earth's history. It's been right so far, and it seems to indicate something completely new happening on that date.

I'm sure others have looked at the positions of the planets and see something significant there, I don't know. I've heard some people predict a shift in the earth's magnetic poles, but I have no idea why they think it will happen on this upcoming solstice.

So: Do YOU think anything significant, earth-changing, consciousness-bending, or reality-shattering will occur on December 21, 2012?

by Anonymousreply 5212/08/2012

A bloody revolution!

by Anonymousreply 110/26/2012

The sobs of Mitt Romney will continue to be heard across the land.

by Anonymousreply 210/26/2012

Stores wil hold their final pre-X-mas sales.

by Anonymousreply 310/26/2012

[quote]A bloody revolution!

How I wish that comes true--at least if it's here in the U.S.

by Anonymousreply 410/26/2012

The universe will fold in on itself and everyone will die.

by Anonymousreply 510/26/2012

Please r2, mittens will be long forgotten by then.

by Anonymousreply 610/26/2012

The Mayan calendar already ended a while back, dummies.

by Anonymousreply 710/26/2012

The Mayans Will Hang A New Calendar

by Anonymousreply 810/26/2012

The human race learns that the new 2,000-year Mayan Calendar comes with daily Garfield comic strips and we collectively lose our will to go on.

by Anonymousreply 910/26/2012

R4 would be dog meat within 24 hours of an actual revolution.

by Anonymousreply 1010/26/2012

[quote]Stores wil hold their final pre-X-mas sales.

No, stores will hold their first pre-Planet-X sales.

by Anonymousreply 1110/26/2012

I'm going to make yet another trip to Costco so I can make my fabulous green bean casserole for the boys. They love it so.

by Anonymousreply 1210/26/2012

As usual, around that time of year, I'll be wrapping gifts only to get myself in a total flap as I realize I've forgotten to buy a present for someone. I'll contemplate going to the store but the thought of doing that four days before Christmas will mean I'll go to bed hoping the Mayans are right and the world ends, thus saving me the trouble.

On December 22nd I'll wake up, very much alive, and realize my wish has not be granted. I'll trudge out to Best & Less, hoping they have something that looks a million bucks but costs $5.00, cursing those Mayans the whole time.

by Anonymousreply 1310/26/2012

Right around a minute after 11:59 pm, almost imperceptibly, will come December 22, 2012.

by Anonymousreply 1410/26/2012

Well, the Harry Styles from One Direction and BBC Radio 1 DJ Nick Grimshaw Part 97 thread will keep on going - even after the end of the world...

by Anonymousreply 1510/26/2012

The masses across the world will rise up and say in no uncertain terms "KILL the Kardashians, we've had enough", "Kill Honey Boo Boo, that annoying lil tart", "Kill Donald Trump, a man in search of real hair and a real mouth", "Kill Ann Coulter just because", "Kill Rush Limbaugh for leading people astray with lies and innuendo". Then the universe will be realigned and peace will reign for ten thousand years.

by Anonymousreply 1610/26/2012

Maybe the Mayans will hang a ninja cat calendar

by Anonymousreply 1710/26/2012

I'll be going to work.

by Anonymousreply 1810/26/2012

I bet the new Mayan Calendar will show a hot mayan woman wearing daisy dukes sitting on a motorcicle.

by Anonymousreply 1910/26/2012

On Friday, Dec. 21st, I'll be thinking about getting out the strings of Christmas lights and testing the bulbs to make sure they're all working when I put them on the bushes in the yard over the weekend.

by Anonymousreply 2010/26/2012

Most people will ignore it. A few people will go off the deep end. Datalounge will have a good laugh at the few nuts who took it seriously.

by Anonymousreply 2110/26/2012

Well scientists confirm that all the deep drilling and fracking is definitely causing these odd earthquakes, so I figure if not in 2012, fairly soon, we will simply break apart. It'll be like that John Cusack movie, except it won't end well.

by Anonymousreply 2210/26/2012

y2k

by Anonymousreply 2310/26/2012

This is a big deal in other countries. I talk to a lot of people in Italy and a lot of them have been referencing that they don't think things should be planned for 2013. I think we'll see some big killings somewhere out of fear.

by Anonymousreply 2411/05/2012

What's going to happen on December 21st?

The winter solstice, you fools.

by Anonymousreply 2511/05/2012

Nothing will happen.

I'm friends with one of the major Mayan scholars who dispute the whole bullshit "end of times" scenario.

It's simply a shift in culture and time, like New Year's Day. The Mayan calendar was based on royal regimes and adjustments to societies; change from primitive to agrarian to their version of "industrial."

When they depleted all their resources, they abandoned their temples and moved, and the royals fell into decline.

It has nothing to do with the modern world.

by Anonymousreply 2611/05/2012

Every celeb in the closet will come out. There'll be a lot of jumpin' up and down!

by Anonymousreply 2711/05/2012

We still won't know who the next president will be.

by Anonymousreply 2811/05/2012

Lots of end of times parties, I would expect. Come as your favorite Mayan.

by Anonymousreply 2911/05/2012

Nothing will change. Another year will tick by and it'll be 2013. I'm just waiting for the day we abandon the Christian aka Gregorian Calendar and go for something more forward looking.

I think Star Trek got it right with Star Dates to be honest.

by Anonymousreply 3011/05/2012

Well, something damned well BETTER happen! I've been waiting for this ALL YEAR!

by Anonymousreply 3111/05/2012

I just had a momentary stroke - and not the kind that the boys used to enjoy in the collaborative privacy of their Kolob-themed tents. I'm the only animal that should be making that noise in the night, Craig...

I meant to say that Obama will emerge victorious! Also, I will have finally trampled Ann to death.

by Anonymousreply 3211/05/2012

Melancholia will come out of hiding from behind the sun and will crash into earth and destroy all of mankind.

by Anonymousreply 3311/05/2012

I've said this twice before, but the world will end.

by Anonymousreply 3411/05/2012

[quote]I talk to a lot of people in Italy and a lot of them have been referencing that they don't think things should be planned for 2013.

Most Italians I talk to are lazy, corrupt SOB's who don't like to plan for anything that takes much effort or thought. So it's just this year's excuse.

by Anonymousreply 3511/05/2012

I predict that, in the northern hemisphere, it will be much cooler than it is now. It will be the shortest day of the year. There will be a lot of people shopping that day, but many many more the next day. . If you're playing the Pick-4, don't play 4709--it's a loser.

by Anonymousreply 3611/05/2012

First day of Winter, perhaps?

by Anonymousreply 3711/06/2012

[quote]I've heard some people predict a shift in the earth's magnetic poles, but I have no idea why they think it will happen on this upcoming solstice.

Because it's the end of the Mayan calender.

Don't forget people who predict a positive change and the start of the golden age. I guess I vote for that, without fiery destruction first, if possible, thanks.

by Anonymousreply 3811/06/2012

Mya hee, mya hoo, mya hee, mya ha ha..

by Anonymousreply 3911/06/2012

R26 is correct it's just one calendar being exchanged for another.

It sounds odd but the Mayan had a lunar calendar and a calendar based around the sun.

by Anonymousreply 4011/21/2012

Well, I have a dentist appointment that day, so I know that won't be fun.

by Anonymousreply 4111/21/2012

All those doomsday preparers will be sitting in their dugout shelters in front of shelves of peas and Chef Boy R Dee pasta combos just daring anyone to try to take them. Guns at the ready.

by Anonymousreply 4211/21/2012

That's not correct. It's supposed to be a huge deal according to the Mayans. It's not supposed to be the day a new cycle just so happens to start, as New Year's is and always has been seen in our culture, it's supposed to be the day a NEW CYCLE STARTS. Even the Chinese New Year is way more significant than our New Year, but this is definitely, definitely much more significant in Mayan mythology.

by Anonymousreply 4311/21/2012

The Chinese restaurants will give out flimsy new Mayan calendars. And 4 or 5 people will do a Heaven's Gate and off themselves.

by Anonymousreply 4411/21/2012

I'm really interested in this. I hope there's a change in culture. It's probably delusional thinking. I definitely don't think it's the end of the world, but something must happen of significance.

by Anonymousreply 4512/08/2012

The new Tom Cruise movie will be released.

by Anonymousreply 4612/08/2012

Tourism to South America will collapse.

by Anonymousreply 4712/08/2012

You will still ask stupid questions.

by Anonymousreply 4812/08/2012

Nothing of significance will happen. It's just another day. I suppose a lot of people will be embarrassed about their Mayan end of the world nonsense but nothing related to the Mayans or their calendar will happen that day.

by Anonymousreply 4912/08/2012

Jason Sudekis will finally realize that he wants me bad.

by Anonymousreply 5012/08/2012

Holes wil be shown aplenty.

by Anonymousreply 5112/08/2012

What will GG serve at his End Of The World party?

by Anonymousreply 5212/08/2012
Need more help? Click Here.