Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Will Mitt Romney be gracious in defeat?

I expect the speech has already been written.

by Anonymousreply 5811/16/2012

The look on Ann's face will be priceless.

by Anonymousreply 110/24/2012

I'm superstitious. Don't do this.

by Anonymousreply 210/24/2012

No - they have a victory speech, a party and a transition team.

I can't wait to see the look on the five sons faces

by Anonymousreply 310/24/2012

I agree. A few weeks ago we were joking about a landslide for Obama. I don't want to get cocky and have some of us so confident that some decide not to vote.

by Anonymousreply 410/24/2012

OP is the same type of person who was going around in September saying Romney was a goner, and look what happened in early OCtober. I think it is foolish and bad form to act like Romney will definitely lose. We have 12 days of campaigning left, and Republicans will do anything. Moreover, we learned that the electorate is volatile and many are looking for any lame reason to vote against Obama. So, save your trash talk until after the election. Now, is not the time for victory dances.

by Anonymousreply 510/24/2012

This election is nerve-rackingly close. I know Obama has been a disappointment and a frustration in many ways, but it is unbelievable to me that people are ready to vote for the Big Religion opportunist and liar.

by Anonymousreply 610/24/2012

I've rigged a camera so I can witness it over and over again, R1.

by Anonymousreply 710/24/2012

If Romney loses he will be a very sore loser. However, he will try his damnedest to not show it. Do you think that anyone who runs for POTUS is gracious in defeat? Getting to that point requires a narcissistic personality. I'm willing to state that anyone who loses goes ballistic in private. Romney would not be an exception.

by Anonymousreply 810/24/2012

I'm BEGGING you guys, please don't let Ann near the stables election night! And someone hide the riding crop!

by Anonymousreply 910/24/2012

Watching the Romneys lose will be such sweet revenge...the whole bunch of them...douchebag Mitt, Lady MacRomney and the sons who all woke up on third base and thought they all hit triples.

I am not going to get over-confident because the next two weeks are going to nervewracking; however, I want Romney to lose so badly. I'll take any loss even if it's a close one, but I'd love to see the Romneys be completely humiliated election night.

by Anonymousreply 1010/24/2012

Don't do this--it's bad luck.

by Anonymousreply 1110/24/2012

Sure, R12. Because in the face of all of the garbage from the right over the last four years, Obama hasn't shown himself to be the "adult" at every turn.

by Anonymousreply 1310/25/2012

I hope this huge Romney loss will also be a a slap in the face to Frothy, the pizza guy, Neuter and the rest of those Rethug criminals. A total repudiation.

by Anonymousreply 1410/25/2012

I can't wait to see he sunken red eyes bite back those conservative tears. Watching this privileged fuck lose the fight of his life will be golden.

by Anonymousreply 1510/25/2012

r12 , you're deluded. Why don't you skip town and quite stinking up this country with your stubborn ignorance and dishonesty.

by Anonymousreply 1610/25/2012

Considering Obama has never slipped below 270 in the Electoral College, he'd be pretty stupid not to have written that.

It reminds me of Belinda Carlisle when she was on David Letterman. This is when Letterman was on NBC and funny and Carlisle was still relevant. She was up for a Grammy, which, just miraculous in itself her limited talent would get that.

Anyway old gap tooth says "Do you have a speech all written out if you win." She says "No," Letterman says "Why," and Belinda says "Well I'm not going to win."

And she didn't win. She is a very intelligent woman. She knew when she was outclassed.

by Anonymousreply 1710/25/2012

R15 reminds me of my thoughts during the third debate when Mitt was covered in flop sweat. I only wish there was a bucket under him to collect it all. I would joyfully bathe in that asshole's awful performance.

by Anonymousreply 1810/25/2012

There's precedent - Romney was adequately gracious in defeat back in 1994 when he challenged Teddy Kennedy's MA-Senate seat and lost. By that I mean he didn't go out of his way to act like a churlish dickhead in defeat, he gave the usual kind of brief concession speech.

I think Romney will do the same again, late at night on November 6. Unless my Internet crush Nate Silver has it all wrong (and that would be unprecedented), I'm feeling good about President Obama's chances of a 2nd term.

by Anonymousreply 2010/25/2012

Sure, R19, Just like Fox News would be so gracious if Obama lost...

by Anonymousreply 2110/25/2012

It will be a longggg time before the repukes give up stealing this election. If they don't rig it to win outright, this will be tied up in court until the supremes hand them a win. The only speech they've written is the acceptance speech.

by Anonymousreply 2210/25/2012

Gracious, not found.

by Anonymousreply 2310/25/2012

Mittens has been programmed to be Mormon-nice. He will utter the words "Gosh" and "Gee" and say "thanks to those of you for considering me to be your leader of this great nation". And then he will continue to get even richer by conning other people, lying, recruiting for his cult, and evading taxes.

by Anonymousreply 2410/25/2012

I'm superstitious so this thread makes me nervous.

Obama has the EC on his side but I don't trust republicans to play fair, voter fraud is real.

by Anonymousreply 2510/25/2012

Evangelical support for Romney grows

By Mitchell Landsberg | 4:30 p.m.

Overcoming concerns about Romney's Mormon faith, conservative white Christians, buoyed by a massive outreach effort, get behind the GOP challenger.

by Anonymousreply 2710/25/2012

R26 may have a point, but almost every economist knows that no matter who is president the next four years the economy is on a major trajectory to improve substantially.

Hillary would likely wipe the floor with him in any other race between the two, but considering the likely improved economy, it's going to be hard to defeat the incumbent in that situation, no matter how unlikable Romney is.

That's why it's imperative that we re-elect Obama: we get four more years of his administration (yay, us gays), and the improved economy will serve as a springboard for Hillary's presumed run in 2016 that she can run on.

by Anonymousreply 2810/25/2012

Absolutely not. He will bitch and moan and the Republican party will rally around their poster boy and make the next four years a living hell for Obama, just as they did for Clinton.

by Anonymousreply 2910/26/2012

Already covered that, r30, upthread.

Stop trying to pretend you're the lesser of two evils. In your myopic world, Mitt Romney is an infallible, good, true American. The other billions of people on this planet look at Mitt Romney as the worst possible thing that could happen to America.

But you just keep clinging to your God, your Dick and your Guns and keep up that bullshit lie that Democrats are evil and Republicans are true-hearted, innocent victims who care about the American people.

And when you're done with that, go dunk your head in a Turnpike rest stop toilet.

by Anonymousreply 3110/26/2012

R20 is right, but in 1994 he probably never had an expectation he'd win against the Kennedy machine and the family's popularity in MA. He also was a lot younger. Younger and more hopeful.

He used the 1994 race as a "probe." IMO. He was able to get his name out there and see what running statewide would look like. He had his eye on the future. Romney's grand design always called for him to be a governor and then use that as a springboard for the White House.

This is it for him. I picture him standing there babbling to his supporters, and acting like he didn't really lose. Romney has a serious mental disorder. He is not connected to reality. So he will conceed, but the way he does it will be very odd. I believe this.

by Anonymousreply 3210/26/2012

I think his concession speech will be ok, he'll have his legacy to think about.

Then again... he'll probably not be in public life anymore, at least not as a politician, so he might be bitchy knowing he doesn't have to win voters anymore.

Behind the scenes will be a different story.

AND, if its at all close, he'll contest. This man hasn't ever been told "no", he won't take it lying down.

by Anonymousreply 3310/26/2012

I suspect that Romney knows he can't win the electoral college. So he's hoping he can win the popular vote so that he can seem like a viable candidate in 2016. This would explain why he has his running mate campaigning in places like Alabama.

by Anonymousreply 3410/26/2012

Over at Talking Points Memo they're all but calling it for Obama with a huge loss for Romney in OH based on Obama's huge lead with early voters - which are making up about 35% of the OH electorate. Romney has that whiff of flop sweat in defeat about him already. Of course vote, vote, vote!

The people who comment at TPM are pretty funny. They think Romney's plan all along has been to employ the Bain model - completely bankrupt the GOP for fun and profit!

by Anonymousreply 3510/26/2012

I agree with R22 & R25. I am very worried. I don't trust them at all. They are desperate, ruthless people. I hate them.

by Anonymousreply 3710/27/2012

The Repugs can only steal the election if it's close, and this is nowhere near close.

It's going to be a stunning and humiliating loss for the Repugs, and the end of Romney's career.

by Anonymousreply 3810/27/2012

Ugh I wish this thread hadn't been created.

by Anonymousreply 3910/27/2012

This is not a topic I think about -- so in answer to your question, I don't care how Mitt Romney feels and I'm not even concerned with how he behaves. He won't get my vote, and the No. 1 reason for that is that I won't vote for a Republican Party candidate in any political race. What I look forward to is the election being over with.

by Anonymousreply 4010/27/2012

Actually Mitt will be gracious in his victory. Obama won't deserve it after all his petty campaigning and trying to cover up the terrorist premeditation in the murder of our ambassador and coworkers in Libya. He did this because of the upcoming election. They requested help for hours and it was ignored. Obama will have a hard time joining the Jimmy Carter Hall of Fame. He'll realize what he stated at the start of his term is a self fulfilling prophecy. He said if he could not turn things around in 3-4 years it would be a one term proposition. He knew what he was walking into and has been in over his head since the beginning.

by Anonymousreply 4110/27/2012

While Obama was never my favorite candidate (I wanted Hillary so bad) he is a thousand times better than the alternatives. Anyway, a month ago after the 47% remark, I thought Mittens was a goner and after that first debate he seems to have turned a corner. I am pretty sure Obama will squeak by but I am not overconfident in the least anymore and I am also disheartened to see how many bigots and ignoramuses there are in this so-called enlightened country.

by Anonymousreply 4210/27/2012

Tell me, R41, what color is the sky in your world? In our world, where Obama has the edge and your little fantasies are just that, fantasies, it's blue.

by Anonymousreply 4310/27/2012

Did your pendulous right breast whisper that in your ear, R38?

by Anonymousreply 4510/27/2012

I love this thread, you guys are so funny. I'm so pleased to see a majority in the right place, and most of you know how to spell, which MUST mean you are democrats.

I hope Mitt cries, it'll be Ann who throws the tantrum.

by Anonymousreply 4610/27/2012

By the way, R 44, are you insinuating that the general American public as ignorant and uninformed as I think you are? Because I think you're wrong, and that people basically appreciate honesty and the truth…

by Anonymousreply 4710/27/2012

I think we should write Mitt's concession speech for him. I'll start:

"My fellow Americans. It has now become clear, in the last few hours, that you have rejected me and everything I stand for."

by Anonymousreply 4810/27/2012

Over 500 R44?

by Anonymousreply 4911/15/2012

Mitt gracious? It's been everyone's fault but his own that he lost.

by Anonymousreply 5011/15/2012

The answer is No.

by Anonymousreply 5111/15/2012

Not even close to gracious.

Whining the same old sorry memes that caused him not to be elected in the first place.

Stunning to watch....

by Anonymousreply 5211/15/2012

Gracious is as gracious does.

by Anonymousreply 5311/15/2012

Computer says "No".

by Anonymousreply 5411/16/2012

Apparently not, OP.

by Anonymousreply 5511/16/2012

Bush stole the Presidency, R56

by Anonymousreply 5711/16/2012

r56 has brain damage

by Anonymousreply 5811/16/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!