Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Fay Bainter or Thelma Ritter

Who was the better actress?

by Anonymousreply 1005/22/2013

I adore Thelma Ritter's acting. This woman was always so natural as it comes to acting. It's amazing. She was so talented! In every movie i saw Thelma Ritter, she was always so impressive. She was not a beauty, but she still could impress you the way she was acting. She is undoubtedly, one of the greatest actresses ever. Her presence in 'Rear Window' and in 'The Misfits' is unforgettable, but she played in a lot of great movies as well. Every time, i saw her performing, she was always so natural, so convincing and so stirring.

by Anonymousreply 105/22/2013

A Marilyn Monroe received note from Thelma Ritter, 1960

by Anonymousreply 205/22/2013

In conversation, Thelma Ritter, Marilyn Monroe, and John Huston.

by Anonymousreply 305/22/2013

One of my favourite movies is certainly 'The Misfits'

So poignant, so deep, so beautiful, so natural.

by Anonymousreply 405/22/2013

Thelma Ritter was as great as Marie Dressler was. EXCELLENT ACTRESSES BOTH. Academy is a worthless bitch that didn't give Thelma Ritter at least an Oscar. She got nominated numerous times!

by Anonymousreply 505/22/2013

What? No votes for Bainter? She was a fine performer, but I concede, i'll have to vote for Tex.

by Anonymousreply 605/22/2013

Thelma Ritter was always Thelma Ritter

by Anonymousreply 705/22/2013

Not when she was Tex.

by Anonymousreply 805/22/2013

Thelma Ritter was fantastic in "With A Song In My Heart." Wish I had been around back in the day when she was on Broadway in "New Girl In Town" with Gwen Verdon.

by Anonymousreply 905/22/2013

If you have never seen "The Mating Season" with Thelma and Gene Tierney and John Lund and Miriam Hopkins, you are missing a wonderful movie.

Thelma will make you laugh and break your heart, but they are all good in the movie.

by Anonymousreply 1005/22/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!