Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Mourdock: Rape Pregnancies ‘Something That God Intended to Happen’

At the final debate in the Indiana Senate race, held Tuesday night, Republican nominee Richard Mourdock explained his opposition to abortion in the cases of rape or incest. In the course of the explanation Mourdock suggested that rape should not be an exception to a ban on abortion, since rape pregnancies are themselves the will of God.

"You know, this is that issue for that every candidates for federal, or even state office, faces. And I, too, certainly stand for life," said Mourdock, after both Democrat Joe Donnelly and Libertarian Andrew Horning had identified as pro-life. "I know there are some who disagree, and I respect their point of view. But I believe that life begins at conception. The only exception I have, to have an abortion, is in that case of the life of the mother."

Mourdock then seemed to choke back tears, and continued: "I've struggled with it myself for a long time, but I came to realize that life is that gift from God. And even when life begins in that horrible situation of rape, that it is something that God intended to happen." (Emphasis added.)

Video will be posted shortly.

by Anonymousreply 4111/07/2012

Just when I thought they couldn't sink any lower. This man is deranged and his little god is a sick piece of shit forcing women to be violently raped to satisfy his whims. God is a rapist, I guess. The hatred of women in this man's point of view is appalling. That this passes for political discourse in Indiana or the United States for that matter should shame us all. Taliban mullahs couldn't be any more repulsive.

by Anonymousreply 110/23/2012

The Indiana Senate race is still close, so we'll see what can happen.

Bill Clinton was in Indiana last week to campaign for Joe Donnelley.

Mourdock is the right-wing Republican who the Tea Party selected to replace Richard Lugar.

Lugar was considered too moderate for the Republicans, so he was dumped.

by Anonymousreply 210/23/2012

What about interracial rape-rape pregnancies? Huh?

by Anonymousreply 310/23/2012

Rape and incest are gifts from God. Why not? There's absolutely nothing in the Bible that says there's anything wrong about rape or incest (unlike, say, eating shrimp or wearing wool-acrylic blends.)

by Anonymousreply 410/23/2012

"The only exception I have, to have an abortion, is in that case of the life of the mother"

But what if God intended for the mother to die?

by Anonymousreply 510/24/2012

I live in KY but most of our affiliates are over the border in IN,so we're forced to see the face of this woman hating weasel pretty much every commercial break.

by Anonymousreply 610/24/2012

from the website

RAPE God and the Bible treat women as property of men and occasionally punishes men by having their wives taken away and raped just as a man today may have his car repossessed and auctioned off. In 2 Samuel 12:11-14 God punishes David by giving his wives to his neighbor to be raped in broad daylight. Zechariah 14:1-2 claims there will come a day when God will have all the women of Jerusalem raped. And Isaiah 13:15-18 shares a prophecy telling us that God is going to make the Babylonian men suffer by having their wives raped.

Isaiah 13:15-18 "Whoever is captured will be thrust through; all who are caught will fall by the sword. Their infants will be dashed to pieces before their eyes; their houses will be looted and THEIR WIVES VIOLATED [RAPED]. See, I will stir up against them the Medes, who do not care for silver and have no delight in gold. Their bows will strike down the young men; they will have no mercy on infants, nor will they look with compassion on children."

Zechariah 14:1-2 "A day of the LORD is coming, Jerusalem, when your possessions will be plundered and divided up within your very walls. I will gather all the nations to Jerusalem to fight against it; the city will be captured, the houses ransacked, AND THE WOMEN RAPED. Half of the city will go into exile, but the rest of the people will not be taken from the city."

2 Samuel 12:11 "This is what the LORD says: Out of your own household I am going to bring calamity on you. Before your very eyes I WILL TAKE YOUR WIVES AND GIVE THEM to one who is close to you, AND HE WILL SLEEP WITH YOUR WIVES in broad daylight."

RULES FOR RAPING VIRGINS If a woman in town who is a virgin and pledged to be married does not scream when she is raped she has committed a sin and must be stoned to death. The man is also to be stoned to death, but not because he raped someone, because he violated the property of another man. If the raped virgin woman was not pledged to marry another man then the rapist is not sentenced to death. Instead he must buy her from her father for 50 shekels of sliver and she must be married to the rapist.

Deuteronomy 22:23-29 "If a man happens to meet in a town a virgin pledged to be married and he sleeps with her, you shall take both of them to the gate of that town and stone them to death-the young woman because she was in a town and did not scream for help, and the man because he violated another man’s wife. You must purge the evil from among you.

But if out in the country a man happens to meet a young woman pledged to be married and rapes her, only the man who has done this shall die. Do nothing to the woman; she has committed no sin deserving death. This case is like that of someone who attacks and murders a neighbor, for the man found the young woman out in the country, and though the betrothed woman screamed, there was no one to rescue her.

If a man happens to meet a virgin who is not pledged to be married and rapes her and they are discovered, he shall pay her father fifty shekels of silver. He must marry the young woman, for he has violated her. He can never divorce her as long as he lives."

note: Some try to ignore God's support for rape in the Bible by saying God does not order rape, that is simply what will happen when he gives the women and wives away. Even if that was the case then you cannot ignore that God, who is all knowing, is specifically giving the women to people who will rape them. Not everyone is a rapist, God could have selected to give them to people that won't rape them. Not to mention that God is still giving away the wives of man as punishment to the men, still treating their wives as mere property.

by Anonymousreply 710/24/2012

This guy is ahead in the polls right now, so unless women voters in Indiana swing to Donnelley, it will be Mourdock replacing Richard Lugar as the next United States Senator for Indiana.

by Anonymousreply 810/24/2012

Why are female voters so dumb? If this guy was saying that god wants men to get raped he wouldn't get many male votes, but say it about women and women vote you.

by Anonymousreply 910/24/2012

Maybe we just shouldn't throw rapists in prison, then. Hell, they're only doing God's will trying to impregnate women, right?

by Anonymousreply 1010/24/2012

Exactly, r10, the male hyperbole, the Republikkkan party.

by Anonymousreply 1110/24/2012

Everything that suits the Republicans' purpose is god given on the surface, but doesn't really apply to them because they are above everything and that includes morals, laws, and repercussion.

by Anonymousreply 1210/24/2012

Why do I continue to be shocked by anything that comes out of these cretins' mouths? What IS shocking is the fact that someone like this is actually serving in a law-making capacity in this country.

by Anonymousreply 1310/24/2012

If a man goes up in the man, it is God's will.

by Anonymousreply 1410/24/2012

Here's the Mourdock debate clip:

by Anonymousreply 1510/24/2012

And if a man shoots another man, that is the will of God, "something that God intended to happen." We should not punish the man who pulled the trigger because every murder is "a gift from God."

by Anonymousreply 1610/24/2012

"Why are female voters so dumb? If this guy was saying that god wants men to get raped he wouldn't get many male votes, but say it about women and women vote you.

D U M B"

Not any DUMBER than gay men voting Republican.

by Anonymousreply 1710/24/2012

Just fuck off, R18. Anyone who spouts that type of nonsense deserves to get raped up the ass by 10 guys with 12-inch cocks. With no lube.

by Anonymousreply 1910/24/2012

This Mourdock sounds like an american taliban. Gee, I wonder what he thinks of the gays.

by Anonymousreply 2010/24/2012

Stick it up your dry old cunt, R18.

by Anonymousreply 2110/24/2012

This will be all over the news tonite and could spike the polls back to favor Obama. True mentality of these old men in power coming to light.

by Anonymousreply 2210/24/2012

no there's no war on women...

by Anonymousreply 2310/24/2012

This is the ONLY senate candidate Romney has supported.

by Anonymousreply 2410/24/2012

He needs to get raped. Forcibly. Repeatedly. Gang raped. Then he will be able to better identify with a gang raped woman.

by Anonymousreply 2510/24/2012

I suppose there must be some sort of "divine" reason why this reprobate's mother didn't spontaneously abort him.

The almighty sky-fairy must be trying to teach us all a lesson by allowing this particular zygote to have formed into a mature human male.

Maybe it's for all of us to finally come to the realization that this whole sky-fairy oriented world view and inculcated values schtick that these sky-fairy clubs drum into their fear-addled superstitious minions minds is something to jettison ourselves from.

When you really break it down and look at the long view resulting from this sort of "honest" brain fart from a died-in-the wool sky-fairy club member, it ultimately turns people against the whole institution of "organized" religion.

These fools like Mourdock only uncut themselves and their warped belief system by opening their mouths and uttering such shit.

So please, yes do expound upon your unflinching belief in unprovable things and nonsense derived from an ancient text that's only real value is to have served as a means of maintaining social control of the masses over the centuries. Your sky-fairy club manual is nothing but a tool for instilling fear in the uneducated and irrationally supersitious amongst us. It is something to hold onto for those who fail to examine life and make their own judgements. Yes some common sense wisdom can be gleaned from the thing, but on the whole it's a tool to beat people into submission because they fear burning in an ever lasting torment of hell with worms eating their brains for ever and ever.

Mr. Mourdock should be proud of himself. Oh, and we all know that he is. Self righteous tools like this excuse of a man just love to lord it over others and browbeat those beneath them to accept unacceptable shit that happens in life.

by Anonymousreply 2610/24/2012

"The Indiana Senate race is still close, so we'll see what can happen.

Bill Clinton was in Indiana last week to campaign for Joe Donnelley."

So how much better is Donnelley anyway if he proclaims himself as "pro-life" (just a nice work for anti-choice)? Because of exceptions for rape, incest, and life of the mother? Not good enough.

People like Donnelley are on the same boat at Romney on this, so while Mourdock is more grotesque in his speech about babies from rape, he and Donnelley are not fundamentally that far apart.

Donnelley is just another Blue Dog Democrat who would help with the overall numbers in the Senate, but who would join with the GOP over issues like Catholic hospitals offering contraception coverage with employees' health insurance.

Women are screwed no matter which one of these clowns gets elected.

by Anonymousreply 2710/24/2012

"Why are female voters so dumb? If this guy was saying that god wants men to get raped he wouldn't get many male votes, but say it about women and women vote you."

Women are more likely to vote for Democrats than men. The main reason guys like this have power is because of angry white men who watch Fox News all day.

by Anonymousreply 2810/24/2012

What if a woman was badly beaten, raped, impregnated with a Rape Baby and later died in the hospital? Wouldn't the state have to perform an immediate zygote-ectomy, place the zygote in a warm petri dish until a waiting uterus could be found, then implant it into the uterus of a female of childbearing age and bring it to term?

After all, that Rape Zygote is a gift from God. Perhaps female prisoners can be implanted with Rape Zygotes and Rape Embryos and Rape Fetuses if a rape victim dies. The prisoners can get extra food and medical care during their imprisonment if they carry a Rape Baby.

by Anonymousreply 2910/24/2012

If the people of Indiana send this miscreant to the Senate, they will further destroy the capability of that house of Congress to do any of the people's work. Red state yahoos have already turned the Senate into a dysfunctional zoo.

by Anonymousreply 3010/24/2012

This is the REAL October Surprise. This hurts Romney's chances with women. Romney has refused to take down his TV ad endorsing Mourdock. Ryan is a big supporter of Mourdock, too. This story is about to blow up.

by Anonymousreply 3110/24/2012

GOP Dictionary : RAPE) The gift that keeps on giving.

by Anonymousreply 3210/24/2012

[quote]This is the ONLY senate candidate Romney has supported......... THE ONLY.

Holy shit.

by Anonymousreply 3310/24/2012

wtf is r18 doing here?

by Anonymousreply 3410/24/2012

I grew up when there was still a lot of prejudice around. There were few black people in my town. I went to catholic school and there was a boy in my older siater's class who was obviously half black. He lived with his aunt, who was a really weird white woman. She wore overly long dresses with white ankle socks, wore these heavy black framed glasses and had her hair in a bun. She always looked cross. Everyone else's aunts and mothers looked more modern and smiled every once in a while.

This boy never spoke. Not in class, not outside of it. We would see him walking from the grocery store with his aunt. Outside of school, he was only seen with his aunt, never alone. They were really poor and we wondered how his aunt managed to pay his tuition. Rumor among us kids was that his mother was a prostitute who sent money to his aunt.

Years later, my mother told me that all the adults knew that his aunt was really his mother. They believed the boy was the product of rape and that he went to school for free because the mother was afraid to put him in public school, where he might get beaten up. The local parish agreed to take him in the school as a charity case. He was never beaten up in catholic school, but he never had any friends. I wonder about him sometimes. How sad his life must have been as a child and if he managed to grow up and have a good life. I've googled him, but only white people with his name (which was not a common one) come up.

by Anonymousreply 3510/24/2012

What is that name r35?

by Anonymousreply 3610/24/2012

So you're telling me that if some white college co-ed from a well-to-do Republican Christian family is raped by a black man that her parents would encourage her to have the baby? And I bet they couldn't wait to put the baby's photo on the annual Xmas card and send it out to all of their Country Club friends.

by Anonymousreply 3710/24/2012

Evangelical girls should be lining up to have black rape babies, just to show how holy they are.

by Anonymousreply 3810/24/2012

[quote]So how much better is Donnelley anyway if he proclaims himself as "pro-life"

A lot better - for 2 reasons.

1. Donnelly may be pro-life, but he doesn't believe that pregnancies from rape are a gift from God, and has already spoken out against Mourdock

2. There are several other pro-life Democrats in the Senate from conservative states but the point is that the more Democrats there are in the Senate the more votes Harry Reid has to block the Republicans on a variety of other issues

by Anonymousreply 3910/24/2012

God told me to rape you. It's his gift from me to you.

by Anonymousreply 4010/24/2012

Mourdock's loss is a gift from God!

by Anonymousreply 4111/07/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!