Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Cheap face creams that work

Are there any cheap face creams that work? I'm a 30 year old who would rather not spend more than $20. I'm starting to notice sharing and it frightens me. TIA.

by Anonymousreply 6111/26/2012

What's "sharing" ?

by Anonymousreply 110/22/2012

Are you sharing your face OP, is the other guy the one that is running it down.

No lotion or potion can do what a clean healthy diet can.

by Anonymousreply 210/22/2012

Lol it was supposed to be scaring. I'm awful at typing on my phone.

by Anonymousreply 310/22/2012

Creams don't help scars.

by Anonymousreply 410/22/2012

Yes, you've got scars on your face, but they're not that bad. And if you'd leave yourself alone, you wouldn't have more than you've already awarded yourself

by Anonymousreply 510/22/2012

Oh honey, no cream - even the fancy ones - will fix that mess.

by Anonymousreply 610/22/2012

And by the by, honey, it's "scarring". "Scaring" is what you're doing when you jump out in a mask and scream BOO at someone.

Scarring = the presence of scars Scaring = the act of causing a scare

You're welcome.

(And of course you can't fix scars with a cream, are you retarded? You can get microdermabrasion, or perhaps some laser treatments. Creams are for dry skin and shallow wrinkles, not scars.)

by Anonymousreply 710/22/2012

NOXXEMA

by Anonymousreply 810/22/2012

Just drape bacon over your face.

by Anonymousreply 910/22/2012

by Anonymousreply 1010/22/2012

Is OLAY good stuff?

Is the generic Duane Reade/Rite Aide version of OLAY just as good?

by Anonymousreply 1110/22/2012

Amlactin. Best thing ever.

by Anonymousreply 1210/22/2012

What are you getting scarring from? Personally, I've had great luck with Neutrogena Visibly Bright cleanser and Neutrogena Healthy Skin face lotion (multi-vitamin w/alpha-hydroxy and SPF15).

Both are $10-$15 each.

by Anonymousreply 1410/22/2012

My pussy stinks. Any suggestions for ME?

by Anonymousreply 1510/22/2012

OP, take a look at "Allure" magazines Best of Beauty series. They have editor and reader picks for the best products.

I've linked to the first page of their "Top 8 anti-aging products under $20" which may help you out. I don't know if they specifically help with scarring.

Personally, since Lancome and L'oreal are the same manufacturer, I use L'oreal skin products.

by Anonymousreply 1610/22/2012

I've used Clinique products for 30+ years and I look 10 years younger than my age, 60. I really do.

Clinique is expensive but it works if you use it twice daily. Begin with just their basic Clarifying Lotion and Moisturizing Lotion which together will cost about $65 but will last for 2 months or so.

by Anonymousreply 1710/22/2012

LMAO...Obama does sarcasm so, so well. Poor Shitt.

by Anonymousreply 1910/22/2012

R12 That's not even a face cream, R16 no link

by Anonymousreply 2010/22/2012

Prestige Coffret: Serums by Sisley-Paris.

I wouldn't use the crap, but it's what I give the help during the holidays.

by Anonymousreply 2110/22/2012

Yeah - sorry I forgot to paste the link. I'm actually watching the debate.

The President's skin looks great.

by Anonymousreply 2210/22/2012

Pearl cweam.

by Anonymousreply 2310/22/2012

Here's the best site for OP's question

by Anonymousreply 2410/22/2012

Matthews is correct, the rightwing sees the President as a bigger threat than Al Qaeda.

by Anonymousreply 2510/22/2012

The only moisturizer (for your face) that my dermatologist recommends is CeraVe. Buy it at CVS, Rite-Aid.

by Anonymousreply 2610/22/2012

Sorry - I'm still trying to watch and comment on the debate while checking on face cream recommendations.

by Anonymousreply 2710/22/2012

Just buy a subscription for Glamour or Mademoiselle. After all, they are long renowned for their beauty tips and advice.

by Anonymousreply 2810/22/2012

Lard

by Anonymousreply 2910/22/2012

Buy Retinol in Mexico

by Anonymousreply 3010/22/2012

Mary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Face cream? How gay can you get?

by Anonymousreply 3110/22/2012

Noxema. It never gets old.

by Anonymousreply 3210/23/2012

I like scars. Acne, dueling, whatever. I like 'em.

by Anonymousreply 3310/23/2012

Thanks for the links and recommendations~ I'm 33 and noticing more fine lines around my eyes than ever. SUCKS!!!

by Anonymousreply 3410/23/2012

If guys would just do a light skin abbrasion before each shave, they would never wrinkle. You need to use a loofah, soap and water. Start out gently and increase the intensity of your scrub untill you are pretty much immune to any discomfort. This will provide the the type of increased circulation within you face to keep wrinkles, lines and creases from developing on your face. This works and you'll save a ton of money over a lifetime.

Yes, you will experience some redness if you're doing this right, but in a very short time, you will see the benefits of the additional collegen development along with matchless muscle tone. You can use a moistureriser, but it won't make much difference since your facial skin will be so healthy from this procedure.

by Anonymousreply 3510/23/2012

Olay Beauty Fluid in the pink plastic bottle.

I've used it for decades and it really has worked to keep my facial skin younger.

People often think I'm 12 or 14 years younger than I am. (not joking and no need to joke!)

I'm 65 and have almost zero wrinkles. I had zero wrinkles until one year ago when two lines developed from corners of my lips downward.

And I was a sun worshiper.

Slather it on generously every night before bed.

And during the winter, you can apply an extra coating during the day.

by Anonymousreply 3610/23/2012

R11, yes, Olay Beauty Fluid in the pink plastic bottle works really well!

Do not buy the imitation CVS kind.

You can often get 20% or 25% off at cvs.com on the Olay Beauty Fluid.

Just wait to buy it until the cvs.com website advertises 20 or 25 percent off everything at the website.

It's not expensive anyway.

by Anonymousreply 3710/23/2012

I use the really cheap stuff - Nivea for Men Protective Lotion, with SPF 15. About $5 a tube.

I like the consistency - not too thick and oily, but not too watery. Absorbs pretty well into the skin. A lot of (gay) men over-moisturize and end up with a "shiny" look.

I used to use Oil of Olay, but it tends to be on the more watery side.

I'm not going to claim I look remarkably younger than my age (I'm 31 in any case), but I'm happy with how my skin looks and feels. Anyway, the sense I get is that there's no "miracle" cream; some are better than others, but it's more about staying out of the sun (and using something with SPF), drinking plenty of water, not smoking, getting sleep, etc. than it is about the specific brand of moisturizer you use (though you should moisturize).

by Anonymousreply 3810/23/2012

Olay Beauty Fluid in the pink plastic bottle with black cap is not 'watery' at all, R38.

by Anonymousreply 3910/23/2012

I'm surprised by the Oil of Olay mentions, I've never tried that stuff even though it's been around forever.

by Anonymousreply 4010/23/2012

What is a good eye cream?

Question for the Olay people--do you use Olay eye cream or do you just slather the beauty cream on your eyes too?

by Anonymousreply 4110/23/2012

Guys exfoliate every day when they shave.

by Anonymousreply 4210/23/2012

Asked my dermatologist for a good OTC product to get rid of under eye bags. He said "don't waste your money. None of them work." And, no, he didn't suggest one of his office procedures.

by Anonymousreply 4310/23/2012

Do the "best" products recommended by magazines have any relation to the amount of ad space manufacturers buy?

by Anonymousreply 4410/23/2012

R44...yes.

by Anonymousreply 4510/23/2012

I remember a comparison test with Oil of Olay and all the high-priced face creams and lotions. Oil of Olay outperformed them all. And this was a while ago.

by Anonymousreply 4610/23/2012

[quote]I remember a comparison test with Oil of Olay and all the high-priced face creams and lotions. Oil of Olay outperformed them all. And this was a while ago.

I think that was the Olay Regenerist line.

by Anonymousreply 4710/23/2012

I had a facial at an Aveda spa and the technician recommended I make a mask of baking soda and water (make a paste) once a week, and every other day clean my face with olive oil and a little baking soda. The olive oil molecules are too big to get into my pores and the baking soda acts as an exfoliant. I use Khiel's Facial Fuel with SPF15 on my face and neck as a moisturizer every day.

by Anonymousreply 4810/23/2012

The only Olay to use is Olay Beauty Fluid in the pink plastic bottle with black cap!!

Forget the other Olay facial creams.

by Anonymousreply 4910/23/2012

I've been using Oil of Olay regenerist cream. I can't use it on my face because it plugs up every pore. Good on the eyes and neck though.

I'm back to using the plain, unscented Oil of Olay on my face.

by Anonymousreply 5010/23/2012

R41, I'm the one who has used Olay Beauty Fluid in the pink plastic bottle for decades.

I do slather it on under my eyes and it works beautiflly.

A lighter eye cream which is very good is L'Oreal Eye Defense Dermo Expertise. Be sure to get the pink cream, and NOT the white thicker cream.

by Anonymousreply 5110/23/2012

PAPAYA and Pineapple...The Fruit! Cut the skins off and Save! Eat the fruit! Then wash face, then rub on pineapple (fruit side to face, duh) it burns like hell, and don't rub or get in your eyes! Then when you cannot take it anymore rinse it off! Then place Papaya skins all over your face, lie down and rest for 20 mins. Your skin will be brand new...after you wash it all off of course.

by Anonymousreply 5210/23/2012

California Baby Calendula Cream, 13 bucks.

by Anonymousreply 5310/23/2012

What a dumb bunch of Mo asswipes. These goos and and oils don't do a damn thing but make the manufacturer rich. You're all just a bunch of gay male twats. You deserve to be of limited means.

by Anonymousreply 5410/23/2012

Safflower Oil from the grocery store. Works as well as anything else.

by Anonymousreply 5510/23/2012

I really like L'Oreal Skin Genesis Night Lotion and the Daywear Plus SPF15. I don't have any signs of skin aging yet.

by Anonymousreply 5610/24/2012

Crisco

by Anonymousreply 5711/26/2012

Olay!

by Anonymousreply 5811/26/2012

Scarring from what? Do you mean wrinkles? If it's an actual scar then one thing does work and it's not really a face cream. My Doc gave me a little tube called Dermatix for a scar on my forehead it's basically liquid silicone and you use just a tiny amount and it completely got rid of my scar and the redness

by Anonymousreply 5911/26/2012

R53 doesn't it smell bad? Any Calendula cream I've ever bought smells like crap. I don't think I'd put it on my face.

by Anonymousreply 6011/26/2012

"Just buy a subscription for Glamour or Mademoiselle. "

Mademoiselle ceased to exist after November 2001.

"The November 2001 magazine was the final issue. Some of the 93 employees and features moved over to Glamour, also published by Condé Nast. Spokeswoman Maurie Perl explained the reason was due to the worsening economic climate for magazines after the 9/11 attacks."

by Anonymousreply 6111/26/2012
Need more help? Click Here.