Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

How bizarre! Whitney Houston's family is starring in a new reality show on Lifetime channel starting next week!

I find this strange. Includes Whitney's brother and sister in law, her daughter, her daughter's fiance who is her adopted brother.

by Anonymousreply 5011/17/2012

Did Whitney leave them any money? (did she have any?)

by Anonymousreply 110/21/2012

Who would bother to watch this garbage?

by Anonymousreply 210/22/2012

Her daughter already has crack throat & can forget EVER having a singing career, just listen to her speaking voice, gravel, gravel

by Anonymousreply 310/22/2012

Dionne said she wanted nothing to do with the show, so don't expect her to make an appearance.

Cissy is old and not in her right mind. I have a feeling Pat double talked her into doing it.

by Anonymousreply 410/22/2012

They need to hire an actress to play ghost Whitney and interact, like the dad on Six Feet Under.

by Anonymousreply 510/22/2012

What's even tackier was the working title: "My Mother, the Corpse".

by Anonymousreply 610/22/2012

'They need to hire an actress to play ghost Whitney and interact, like the dad on Six Feet Under.'

...calling Debra Wilson.

by Anonymousreply 710/22/2012

Didn't they learn their lesson from "Being Bobby Brown" ?

Whitney died in debt, so there is no inheritance, and all the money her records made in post-mortem sales went to the label, who had been loaning her money for years.

Of course, the main "story line" is Bobbi Kristina's pseudo-incestuous engagement to the foster brother who was raised in her house....

Leave it to the Houstons to give us TWO train-wreck must-see reality shows.

by Anonymousreply 810/22/2012

The gravy train is gone so they have to do something to generate dough. Cissy signed a contract to write a book for a $1 million advance.

Whitney died with about $5 million that was locked up in her pension and investments for retirement, so Krissi isn't broke. But she also owed RCA millions in unpaid advances and loans, so there will probably never be another royalty check seen again.

by Anonymousreply 910/22/2012

I assume that, unlike Michael Jackson's estate, she doesn't have royalty rights so there's not a great deal of financial wizardry the executors can perform so the estate produces some kind of income. What would they have to work with? Image rights?

by Anonymousreply 1010/22/2012

Yup, R10. If you don't write your own material and control the rights through a publishing company, you make very little money as a singer from CD sales or ITunes.

Michael Jackson wrote and controlled most of his material through Mijac, so with his sales and airplay skyrocketing, not to mention licensing the rights of his music and likeness, his estate has made almost $800 million since his death, paying off his debts. Plus, the estate still owns 50 percent of ATV Songs, which owns The Beatles catalogue.

Whitney made most of her big bucks from touring, which she hadn't been able to do for years due to the condition of her voice. The last tour she did was a financial disaster due to refunds and cancellations.

by Anonymousreply 1110/22/2012

The family is profiting while they can. It's their last chance

by Anonymousreply 1210/23/2012

And we KNOW she made NO money off the back end of "Sparkle"...

by Anonymousreply 1310/23/2012

Who are Cissy and Krissy?

by Anonymousreply 1410/23/2012

Did anybody watch last night?

Poor BK is just a product of two crazy parents. She needs to enroll college if she already isnt because she really has nothing else to do but be with her bf and drink.

Pat is a perfectly nice woman who is trying to make lemonade out lemons, so to speak. That purple eyeshadow she wore for the entire episode was awful though.

by Anonymousreply 1510/25/2012

One mustn't mourn forever.

by Anonymousreply 1610/25/2012

The show title is "Waiting to Inhale", right?

by Anonymousreply 1710/25/2012

I tried watching the neww reality show last night, but I lasted only 10 minutes.

I decided I'm not interested in these people and they are boring, ridiculous, unseemly, and sleazy.

And yes, Bobbi Kristina should definitely go to college, but of course, she will not.

by Anonymousreply 1810/25/2012

[quote]What would they have to work with? Image rights?

If they were smart that is what they would be doing instead of this shit reality show.

There would be a fair amount of money to made from licensing and marketing Whitney's image in terms of song compilations as well as video compilations. It would not be as much as what the Presley estate brings in at all but it would leave Bobbi comfortable enough. None of that is super hard it just takes a lot of patience and work.

For example, Richard Carpenter has not done jack squat in years. But, the Carpenters music is always offered up here and there and they also have some video compilations as well. He did not write all soo much by an means, but he plays things smart with his past work for his US fans as well as those abroad.

by Anonymousreply 1910/25/2012

If I have to hear one more famous person, or family, on a tragic death, declare "Please give us privacy now " , and then come out with a reality show, where cameras follow their every move ( the Jackson bros., Real housewife Of B.H. Taylor Armstrong, etc. ) the hypocrisy level will explode. Actual famous people who really want privacy ( Garbo, Dietrich, etc.) meant it, and really did everything they could to secure it. These ' mock' celebs professing the need for privacy, are really just reveling in their fantasy of self importance- they are attention whores who really love every minute.

by Anonymousreply 2010/25/2012

The courts have ruled that the rights of someone's image end with their death. This doesn't effect older estates like Elvis and Marilyn Monroe, but it is effective for newer situations like Whitney.

There's no money to be made on Whitney except for people like Dolly Parton, who wrote I Will Always Love You, and recently stated she made yet another fortune on the song due to the skyrocketing radio play and sales since Houston's death.

by Anonymousreply 2110/25/2012

Well, Richard Carpenter was lucky enough to see the big bucks roll-in after Karen's death. Their CD sales took off like a rocket for the next 15 years to the tune of 150 million records. He made a thousand times more money sitting at home playing the piano than he ever did when the group was still performing and recording.

by Anonymousreply 2210/25/2012

I watched that trainwreck of a show last night. Ugh. Whitney's brother telling her daughter not to bring "any white boys" over here. "I heard you like white boys." Who does that? Pat's purple eye-shadow was offputting. And Krissie was drunk off her ass for the last part of it. I think she takes after Dad (looks-wise too, unfortunately). She comes off very entitled, showing off Mom's huge engagement ring as her own. Not wanting to see a local drama coach because she already has her own out in Los Angeles. You can see the family tiptoeing around her, not wanting to upset the apple cart, because Krissie will shut the whole thing down if they try to control her and they'll lose their $5K an episode or whatever they get paid.

by Anonymousreply 2310/25/2012

[quote]The courts have ruled that the rights of someone's image end with their death. This doesn't effect older estates like Elvis and Marilyn Monroe, but it is effective for newer situations like Whitney.

What?

by Anonymousreply 2410/25/2012

[quote]r21 - This doesn't effect older estates

AFFECT is the verb. EFFECT is the noun.

by Anonymousreply 2510/27/2012

I'd rather watch a rerun of Being Bobby Brown, thankyouverymuch.

Bobbaaaayyyyyy!!

by Anonymousreply 2610/27/2012

Tragic, tragic Krissy will not have a long life. 19 years old and slurring drunk on TV with a greedy con artist as a boyfriend? She has nothing on Lindsay Lohan, will have a short, sad life.

by Anonymousreply 2710/27/2012

Im going to need for Pat to open up Krissy's hair budget. There is no reason why her wigs should be sitting halfway across her head like that.

by Anonymousreply 2810/27/2012

Pat and her husband were known for being nearly as bad as Whitney in the drug department when he was singing backup for her. Something about Pat I really don't trust. She says the right things but there's something else there.

by Anonymousreply 2910/27/2012

I wonder how many life insurance policies Pat has on Bobbi Christina?

Must be a lot!

by Anonymousreply 3010/27/2012

h

by Anonymousreply 3110/29/2012

Bobbi will be competing with Miley Cyrus for Tabloid Cover Queen for years to come.

by Anonymousreply 3210/29/2012

Bobbi K seemed drugged during the show. I think she was high.

by Anonymousreply 3310/29/2012

No money in the estate. Not bizarre or surprising. Whorish and unfortunate,yes, but not bizarre or surprising.

by Anonymousreply 3410/29/2012

I just can't with Bobbi Kristina's voice.

by Anonymousreply 3510/29/2012

it sounds like BK strains to talk. Nick is a total opportunist.

by Anonymousreply 3610/29/2012

The fam was on The View the other day and Babs was pretty mean to them. It was uncomfortable to watch.

by Anonymousreply 3710/29/2012

How was Babs mean? How were the other ladies?

by Anonymousreply 3810/29/2012

by Anonymousreply 3910/29/2012

I'm not a Babs fan, but I don't think she was mean. Pat is full of it. BK is out of control. Cissy is old and out of it.

by Anonymousreply 4010/29/2012

Being Bobby Brown, the Christmas episode. The rest of the episodes of this show were hilarious, but this one is just a mess, the drug den days. Bobby and Whitney ask Pat for an allowance to go puppy shopping. Whitney entrusted Pat with everything because she was high as hell. Pat really ran her life.

Phaedra is in their Atlanta house putting up Christmas decorations.

by Anonymousreply 4111/08/2012

I never saw the Xmas episode. That show was such a mess. Whitney looked awful.

by Anonymousreply 4211/08/2012

r42 I didnt know there was an Christmas episode either. The moment starting at 10:30 when Whitney is playing the piano by herself while everyone is praying is sad and foretelling.

by Anonymousreply 4311/08/2012

Poor Krissy sounds like she has smoked a pack a day since she was born.

by Anonymousreply 4411/11/2012

Anybody still watching this mess? I know Im probably the only one here who tunes in.

It was great to see Cece Winans on TV.

I think Bobby Kristina will be fine in a couple of years. She just needs to get beyond this phase. She will probably see herself on this show and that will be her wake-up call. The whole incident where she threw up was way over-blown for reality TV purposes, she probably just had food poisoning.

That Toni Luck woman who went on the cabin trip with the family seems like a huge fraud. I couldn't believe she allowed herself to eat that fried chicken like a hog on TV.

by Anonymousreply 4511/17/2012

The entire family is retarded trash.

Whitney was queen of the trash heap but now her hideous spawn is trying to climb the pile.

the big question..... is she smart enough to take a bath without killing herself?

by Anonymousreply 4611/17/2012

[quote]The whole incident where she threw up was way over-blown for reality TV purposes, she probably just had food poisoning.

Odd how "Auntie Pat" thought it best for Bobbi Kristina to remain lying the fuck down in bed while vomiting. You can choke that way really easily if you are out of it. Has Bobbi Kristina an insurance policy that "Auntie Pat" took out on her or something?

Makes me wonder if "Auntie Pat" was the one who drew Whitney Houston's bath on that faithful day?

I don't trust that Pat chick at all.

by Anonymousreply 4711/17/2012

Pat Houston is a stone cold pimp. I don't think she drew the bath but I'm sure she kicked the body when they found her.

Bobbi Kristina's voice is fried. She seems like a typical lazy spawn of celebrities. And Pat wants to exploit her any way she can.

by Anonymousreply 4811/17/2012

What do you all think of Nick? BK needs to drop him fast.

by Anonymousreply 4911/17/2012

I used to work for Lifetime. it was a horrible place and they seem to have descended to an even lower point.

by Anonymousreply 5011/17/2012
Need more help? Click Here.