Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Why do dog owners so often allow the dog to impede your walking by blocking your path? Something strange going on in society!

And they don't control their dog and seem to purposefully impede your walk with the lease and dog.

And elevator behavior of dog owners in my apt bldg which allows dogs is maddening. They have no respect for the safety of elevator doors, allow dogs to roam in the path of closing doors, etc.

by Anonymousreply 8004/10/2013

I hear you op. Another thing that gets me is when dog owners don't clean up after their dogs. It happens all the time.

by Anonymousreply 110/18/2012

The behavior of dog owners is bizarre. They so often want to make a statement with their dog so they allow the dog to impinge upon you as a territorial statement.

And many dog owners seem to be crying out in loneliness and begging for attention - they impinge with their on whoever is around just to get some human interaction and to cause an incident.

And they bring their dog everywhere hoping that people will ooh and ah and talk with them because of their dog

It's the rude behavior of blocking the path of others which is so maddening.

by Anonymousreply 210/18/2012

Well, an animal-themed troll thread is usually good for a few pages.

by Anonymousreply 310/18/2012

It when the dog go up in the dog

by Anonymousreply 410/18/2012

Wait till you're a cyclist and the owners think it's funny when the unleashed dog runs in front of your bike, almost killing you and the dog.

by Anonymousreply 610/18/2012

It's a New York problem. No need for the rest of the country to chime in.

by Anonymousreply 710/18/2012

I didn't know that dogs could sign a lease.

by Anonymousreply 810/18/2012

Most NYC dog owners don't know there's a law about length of leashes. It's six feet. More than once I've nearly tripped over a leash stretched across a sidewalk while dog owner chats with friend and dog is shitting at the curb.

by Anonymousreply 910/18/2012

I'll take a dog over mothers, prams and unruly children any minute of any day.

by Anonymousreply 1010/18/2012

R2 likes to use the word "impinge."

by Anonymousreply 1110/18/2012

Verbt1.timpinge - impinge or infringe upon; "This impinges on my rights as an individual"; "This matter entrenches on other domains" trench, encroach, entrench

take advantage, trespass - make excessive use of; "You are taking advantage of my good will!"; "She is trespassing upon my privacy"

2.timpinge - advance beyond the usual limit encroach, infringe

advance, march on, move on, progress, pass on, go on - move forward, also in the metaphorical sense; "Time marches on"

by Anonymousreply 1210/18/2012

Isn't the typical lease 6 months or one year?

by Anonymousreply 1310/18/2012

Try English when you try to troll.

by Anonymousreply 1410/18/2012

I was walking some distance back from a guy and his (big) dog. They stopped while the dog lifted his leg and pissed on a couch wrapped in cellophane (movers were moving someone in) that was sitting by the curb.

The guy just stood there while his dog pissed a hearty stream. One of the movers came out yelling/asking wtf? and the dog guy asked him if he had a permit to be moving furniture. He started taking out his phone as he asked this. I can't imagine who he was calling (or pretending to call) but it seemed to take the mover aback.

I had seen this guy and his dog (who is very sweet) around the neighborhood before. He's always chatting up someone and I assumed he was a nice guy.

Biggest asshole/dog walking moment I have ever seen. I hate that people get mad at the dogs when it's the owners that are not cleaning up or paying attention to their pooch blocking the way.

by Anonymousreply 1510/18/2012

Where do y'all live? As a dog owner and walker most people that I encounter including myself usually put themselves between the person they pass and the dog. It's not because I have fear of my dog attacking but I know that some people are uncomfortable. Plus my dogs have been trained that they don't interact with people unless we stop and they are invited to do so.

I don't know where you guys are seeing all this.

by Anonymousreply 1610/18/2012

NYC dog owners are generally considerate but there are a few who are like mothers with double wide strollers -- I have the cutest thing in the world right here and you better get out of my way. They go out of their way to block the sidewalk, trip you up, make a mess.... just anger. Pure anger...

by Anonymousreply 1710/18/2012

[quote]NYC dog owners are generally considerate

No, they're not. And they're getting worse. And who the hell needs to bring a dog to an office? Those people are pathetic. If you can't take care of an animal without bringing it everywhere with you, then you shouldn't have gotten one in the first place. And I don't want to hear about how you're just "a dog person," because all that means is that you regularly take a shit in the curb.

And anyone with a large dog in the city needs a lethal injection. That sized animal is not meant to live in a Manhattan apartment, and your insistance on it makes you a selfish douchebag, not a dog "lover."

by Anonymousreply 1810/18/2012

Double what R10 said.

by Anonymousreply 1910/18/2012

I have a fairly large dog in an uptown doorman apt in Manhattan. He's a lame older Weim, who was abused and then abandoned. He can't walk more than 20mins at a time and he has a pretty pronounced limp (attracting sidewalk vets wherever we go). Dogs sleep most of the day, so the size of the apt doesn't matter to them. The worst thing about dog owners (particularly those little rat dogs) is their failure to pick up after their dog. Anyone who complains about having to walk around a dog on a public sidewalk is somebody who desperately needs a nap.

by Anonymousreply 2010/18/2012

In my neighborhood, a young woman with two small Papillons (fucking nervous yappers) never walks them but she lets them out without leashes and says "go potty" and the dogs then proceed to go to the next door neighbors house to shit and piss in their grass, never hers. Lazy, spoiled, entitled little twat. Married for two years in a lavish wedding mommy and daddy paid for, then divorced. I'd love to hear the ex-husband's story.

by Anonymousreply 2110/18/2012

[quote]Anyone who complains about having to walk around a dog on a public sidewalk is somebody who desperately needs a nap.

Sorry, but nobody should be dominating a public walkway so that someone else has to walk around them. That goes for dogs or babies or whatever. Share the sidewalk! It's really not a difficult concept to understand.

by Anonymousreply 2310/18/2012

If dog owners think it's OK to allow their dogs to shit on another person's property, the property owner should have the right to rub the dog owner's nose in it.

by Anonymousreply 2410/18/2012

Many dog owners have a bizarre need to dominate the sidewalks by letting the leash go across the entire sidewalk.

And we're supposed to get through exactly how without getting tangled in the leash?

They apparently expect us to make a large circular detour around it by walking into the street or on the grass.

by Anonymousreply 2510/18/2012

Speaking for the bike paths in my town, families with small children are much more likely to block the paths than people with dogs.

But pairs or groups of straight men are actually the biggest space blockers. They really do believe they own the road.

by Anonymousreply 2610/18/2012

I dont like dogs and I dont like their owners even more.

My building is full of irresponsible dog owners who leave their dog's shit in the middle of the sidewalk, or leave their piss on the floor of the lobbies. I always keep my head down when leaving in the building to make sure I dont step in a fresh pile.

There is this inconsiderate old retired bitch with a giant dog on the floor above me. She is about 4'10 and her dog is huge, almost as big as she. That cunt walks that thing every morning between 7-8AM, knowing damn well that her giant dog will take up an entire elevator when everyone is trying to get out of the building for work. I have closed the elevator in her face before. She should not keep that poor animal that belongs in the wild cooped in her apartment anyways.

Please advise on any legal action I can take against the company that owns my building if I step in dog shit again!

by Anonymousreply 2710/21/2012

i dont like this

by Anonymousreply 2811/13/2012

[quote]Anyone who complains about having to walk around a dog on a public sidewalk is somebody who desperately needs a nap.

You think with this attitude, you're better than some entitled frau?

Dog owners can be just as obnoxious and worthy of having their noses rubbed into their dog's shit as some frau taking up the entire block.

If your dog is headed for the hydrant or a tree, then move in the direction of your fucking dog. You shouldn't have the god damned leash blocking off the sidewalk like it's a fucking limbo rope. People shouldn't have to go around your shitty ass or your fucking dog because you're a tool.

by Anonymousreply 2911/13/2012

Dog owners = fraus = cunts!

by Anonymousreply 3012/07/2012

OP = needs a good fuckcing

by Anonymousreply 3212/07/2012

CUNTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 3312/09/2012

R27, you describe my apartment building and my situation. You and I have identical situations and I am just as perturbed and aggravated as you are about it.

I wait until 11:15 pm at night to go to the lobby mailboxes in order not to meet up with huge, tall, and giant dogs around the elevators and lobby which will jump all over me and are not controlled properly by the owners with leashes.

by Anonymousreply 3412/09/2012

R27's landlord can't wait until he finally dies.

by Anonymousreply 3512/09/2012

I noticed this YEARS ago. So, I ALWAYS walk towards the owner and have them move. Stupid people, most of them.

by Anonymousreply 3612/09/2012

That makes sense r36, thanks for the tip.

by Anonymousreply 3712/09/2012

ALL DOG OWNER = CUNTS!!!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 3802/24/2013

Yeah, everything we do that pisses you off, the dog and I plot in advance. Except for the lease part. That's just OP being stupid.

by Anonymousreply 3902/24/2013

David, hold me: I'm scared.

by Anonymousreply 4002/24/2013

Not to worry r39. You'll die of a horrible caner soon and your dog will be eaten by coyotes.

Start sweating, dear. ;)

by Anonymousreply 4102/24/2013

Is caner a painful disease?

by Anonymousreply 4202/24/2013

Yes it is r42. Cancer of the caner is horrible. Have fun. You'll be gone soon.

by Anonymousreply 4302/24/2013

Can you get it from walking your dog on a lease?

by Anonymousreply 4402/24/2013

Just by owning a dog, r44.

by Anonymousreply 4502/24/2013

Some dog owners are the worst, leave their dogs in the backyard barking for hours. I always loved dogs, grew up with them and if held properly they are a great companion. But dogs have been reduced to a trophy item.

by Anonymousreply 4602/24/2013

[quote]They have no respect for the safety of elevator doors

Elevator doors have rights and feelings.

by Anonymousreply 4702/24/2013

bumpeeeeeeee!

by Anonymousreply 4802/26/2013

Obsessive dog owners are mentally ill. In a few decades there may be an actual diagnosis for them.

Cat obsessives are kooky too put we know what they are--bipolar depressives.

But dog fanatics seem to have a more pointed anti-social bent and they need to be monitored. Dog rescue people are mostly weirdos, but there are exceptions. However, the weirdos tend to run the normal ones out, so then yes, you are left with just the weirdos.

Fat fraus love saving vicious dogs because they can relate to their own inner biting, teeth-baring tendencies. Fat frau dog-owners are the worst gossips on earth, reveling in the take down of nice people who look better or have better relationships.

People who involve themselves in saving vicious dogs do so because they also want to rip people's faces off. they can relate.

I suggest the FBI investigate the lives of rescuers who defend vicious dogs.

by Anonymousreply 4902/26/2013

Dog owners are assholes like the baby stroller people.

by Anonymousreply 5002/26/2013

Every single white person or couple that has large, barking, mean dogs seem to have an irrational fear and loathing of blacks.

by Anonymousreply 5102/26/2013

[R23] and [R29] Tsk, all this complaining over hounds! My dog's leash is a 6 foot leather one. And none of that matters if you don't like dogs or if you're afraid of dogs. My old man doesn't piss on the Ave, although he can if he wants to cuz he's a good boy! Again, it's a six foot leash, either walk around the dog or passively agressively stand still and wait for the dog owner to improve his/her errant leash handling skills. A dirty look and a sucking of the teeth goes a long way.

And you that don't pick up after your rat dogs -- Shame!

by Anonymousreply 5202/26/2013

I agree that a lot of dog owners don't know how to control their dogs.

The other day, there was a lady with three really cuddly white dogs. They were huge and like 90% fluff.

So I asked her if I could pet one. She said, yes. And while I was petting one of them, the other big fluffy white dog stole the peanut butter cup out of my bag and ate it wrapper and all.

I hate when dogs are smarter than me.

by Anonymousreply 5302/26/2013

It's not the dog's fault, it's the owner.

I was walking down the street, and I shied away from a dog and the lady waking it (why are bad dog owners always women?) says, "Oh don't be afraid, 'Noodles' is a happy dog."

Now see that's where we differ. If I was a dog and someone named me 'Noodles' I think I would be mad, just about all the time.

by Anonymousreply 5402/26/2013

I'm so glad to see this thread. I'm on the U WS of Manhattan. A woman from the building next door to mine walks her relatively small dog and somehow manages to take over 3/4 of the sidewalk from a building border line, leaving me (a black woman) to move to the gutter side in order to give her dog some room.

She refuses to move, either when walking the dog along or blocking the *entire* sidewalk chatting with another dog owner. She's the only dog owner I've encountered on our block who does this.

by Anonymousreply 5502/26/2013

[quote]Something strange going on in society!

Don't get too worked up grandma, or a curler is going to pop out of your hair.

by Anonymousreply 5602/26/2013

r53 that peanut butter stealing dog got what it deserved, as chocolate is toxic for dogs.

r52 so is it an 'old man' or a 'good boy'? and where does your animal piss if not on the avenue?

I don't understand adults keeping animals more evolved than fish as pets. I'm reminded of a book I want to read called Bowling Alone, that examines the breakdown of community and growing isolation in the midst of many. this book came out before the explosion of PC's and cell phones.

I wonder if society has forgotten how to interact and live interdependently, and the rise in dog ownership (dogs outnumber children in San Francisco) is a symptom.

by Anonymousreply 5702/26/2013

PLEASE GROW AND STOP PLAYING WITH DOLLS- PETS.

by Anonymousreply 5802/26/2013

and?

by Anonymousreply 5902/26/2013

As the owner of a big friendly dog (a Lab) I feel sorry for the dogs. I didn't realize how many people fear them til I got one. But the poor dog, disposed to being friendly and greeting everybody, gets mixed signals as half the people we encounter want to love him up and the other half think he's going to eat them. The poor dog can't tell and by nature he wants to greet everybody.

I can't say mine is best behaved. I tried to train him but a Lab is a big, stubborn ball of love and spontaneous. I do try to be mindful of other people's space in public but I can't say it always goes according to plan.

Manhattan dogs (where we don't live) have it hard... it's really not much of a city for dogs in my view.

by Anonymousreply 6002/26/2013

People, please remember the poor lesbian who was attacked and killed by white trash owners' (professional but white trash) Presa Canario hideous dog, in SF, in the 1990's.

Never forget!

by Anonymousreply 6102/26/2013

R61, never forget is right! I'll add something else: white trash set their dogs on black people for decades. These dogs would rip these poor people apart.

Trashy people with vicious dogs need to be investigated and have a file kept on them.

by Anonymousreply 6202/26/2013

by Anonymousreply 6302/26/2013

I would to know if this happen to anyone else.

I live in a very nice trendy area of LA. There are nice homes in town but unfortunately where I live there are also tons on apartment and condos. Because of that my area is dense { no, it's not the west side of LA.} Tons of dog owners come down my street everyday and about 80% or so walk the same route at the same times day in and day out. I only notice this because I was saying hello to the same people everyday many times over. I thought how strange that most of the dog owners had a difficult changing their walking route. It's been going on since I first moved here 12 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 6402/26/2013

well?

by Anonymousreply 6503/02/2013

[quote] [R61], never forget is right! I'll add something else: white trash set their dogs on black people for decades. These dogs would rip these poor people apart.

Is that common??

by Anonymousreply 6603/03/2013

So the OP is too stupid to walk around a dog?

by Anonymousreply 6703/03/2013

[quote] Something strange going on in society!

Dogs are taking over the world! RUN! The end is here!

by Anonymousreply 6803/03/2013

OP = angry old man

by Anonymousreply 6903/03/2013

OP, take a shower once in a while. The dogs won't be so attracted to you.

And quit pushing dogs into elevator doors. Eventually a dog or its owner will bite you.

by Anonymousreply 7003/03/2013

[quote]I can't say mine is best behaved. I tried to train him but a Lab is a big, stubborn ball of love and spontaneous. I do try to be mindful of other people's space in public but I can't say it always goes according to plan.

Any dog of any size can and should be properly trained. If you have been unable to accomplish this yourself, you have a responsibility to hire a professional who will do it for you. The age of the dog is irrelevant - he or she can be trained.

Having a large, untrained dog is cruelty to the dog, not to mention cruelty to those who have to deal with the dog. Stop being such a selfish, stupid, shithead, R60.

by Anonymousreply 7103/03/2013

r60 = entitled fraucunt or angry lesbo with a stinky pussy.

by Anonymousreply 7203/03/2013

MY brother,father 2 nephews are lower than the scum of the earth. And I am being nice.

by Anonymousreply 7303/03/2013

Are we still playing the race card. How sad

by Anonymousreply 7403/03/2013

R7, it's a DC problem, too.

Every dog owner needs to go to a dog trainer so they can learn to be the boss of their dog rather than the other way around. Then their dogs wouldn't be hogging the whole sidewalk.

by Anonymousreply 7503/03/2013

I also hate the new practice of bringing dogs to work (not talking about service animals, of course). I have colleagues who are allergic to dogs (and cats, but no one seems to bring cats to work, except in the occasional bookstore, where one assumes they are also there to keep the mouse population down--maybe it's because cats need less attention, i.e. walking) and some who are just a bit afraid of them (particularly bigger breeds). I had a colleague who used to let her dog wander down the halls and he would make stops at offices along the way. He was generally a friendly dog, but once I passed her office on the way to another office and he snapped and jumped at me. No harm done, but it could have been bad. She was asked repeatedly not to bring him to work, but she ignored it. Well, she also apparently ignored what it took to get tenure, so the problem was eventually solved.

Again, I love animals, had a beagle I adored when I was a child, and have always had cats, but it seems to me there is a time and place. I am more sympathetic to parents who bring babies or toddlers to work, as you can't just leave them at home and on a snowday, it's either bring them with or cancel classes. But this too can be abused. And I don't think it's being family unfriendly to try to keep places of work just that.

by Anonymousreply 7603/04/2013

Small dogs are fine. Cute. A glory to see them in public. A true delight.

Why are people walking these huge beasts out in public and terrorizing innocent people?

what is going wrong in our society?

by Anonymousreply 7703/04/2013

and???????????????????????????????????

by Anonymousreply 7804/10/2013

We live in a society where most people have no fucking manners and dog owners think their stupid ass dogs are the best thing on earth. I have some white trash neighbors who let their two dogs bark nonstop all day and night, and obviously don't stop to think that maybe the rest of the fucking neighborhood don't want to hear that shit.

by Anonymousreply 7904/10/2013

Go to the U.K., OP, where (with rare exception) it's a pleasure to see happy, well-behaved dogs and dog owners who clearly care for their pets but treat them well, not as simpering, snapping, yipping and snarling, neurotic little furry bags of shit that mimic their own insecurities and bad manners.

by Anonymousreply 8004/10/2013
Need more help? Click Here.