Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

American Horror Story: Asylum

Season two of AHS starts tonight and look who's also returning. Will we get another ass shot?

-----

'American Horror Story': Dylan McDermott checking into the Asylum

By Andrea Reiher, October 17, 2012 5:52 PM ET

When "American Horror Story" ended its first season, creator Ryan Murphy dropped the bombshell that Season 2 would be an entirely new series -- new setting, new story, new characters. But he did assure fans that some familiar faces would be returning.

At first, it was just a handful. But more and more Season 1 cast members keep signing on, at least to guest star, and the latest is none other than Ben Harmon himself, Dylan McDermott.

Murphy tweets, "So thrilled to announce Dylan McDermott is returning to American Horror Story!"

No details, of course, so let the speculation begin. Hopefully this time he can avoid the crying the masturbation scenes, but frankly, we don't put anything past "AHS."

Don't forget, "AHS" returns Wednesday night, Oct. 17, at 10 p.m. ET/PT on FX.

by Anonymousreply 60011/16/2012

Anyone watching?

by Anonymousreply 110/17/2012

I am.

by Anonymousreply 210/17/2012

I am. So far it's kind of a choppy mess.

by Anonymousreply 310/17/2012

JL is amazing as usual, but I'm not getting hooked like I was with the first episode last year. I'm not a huge sci-fi fan so I'm already disappointed with the alien subplot.

by Anonymousreply 410/17/2012

Not as impressed as I had hoped, but I will watch next week and see how I feel then.

by Anonymousreply 510/17/2012

It was great as usual. The whiners are unworthy.

by Anonymousreply 610/17/2012

Not super exciting but I remember feeling the same way about the first couple of eps last year. I like the message they're sending about the lack of rights gays had. The part where the bi-racial couple had to hide their love looks like a parallel to what gays still face. Just a reminder of how there is still so much work to do.

by Anonymousreply 710/17/2012

And the stans are tiresome.

by Anonymousreply 810/17/2012

boring

by Anonymousreply 910/17/2012

So, a lesbian couple this season....

by Anonymousreply 1010/17/2012

Seeing how rough JL looks this season, it makes me very glad I don't have an HDTV.

by Anonymousreply 1110/17/2012

I loved it.

by Anonymousreply 1210/18/2012

I've always enjoyed Agnes Bruckner too r10, half of the lesbian couple. When I googled to get her full name (I only remembered the first) I saw she's starring in the upcoming Anna Nicole biopic on Lifetime. It's currently filming in Atlanta.

by Anonymousreply 1310/18/2012

Scratch that, I meant Clea DuVall. I confuse her with someone named Agnes, and I'm not even sure it's Bruckner.

by Anonymousreply 1410/18/2012

A Ryan Murphy show jumps the shark after one season? Shocking.

by Anonymousreply 1510/18/2012

AHS hasn't jumped anything unless the ratings slip substantially. DL'ers are always hypercritical of any gay-related tv show, for whatever twisted reasons.

by Anonymousreply 1610/18/2012

I just saw it and it wasn't as creepy or scary as last season.

by Anonymousreply 1710/18/2012

I really wanted to love it, but the pacing was off. It was too much too soon. That said, it was still better than anything on network TV.

by Anonymousreply 1810/18/2012

Hugely disappointing. Always love Jessica Lange but that was no Connie. And where the fuck was Pretty Girl? This better get better soon. So sad.

by Anonymousreply 1910/18/2012

The retarded girl from season 1 won't be back as far as I know, but this season does have a pinhead girl as one of the asylum's inmates.

by Anonymousreply 2010/18/2012

Jessica Lange was scarry evil. Loved her New England accent.

by Anonymousreply 2110/18/2012

I was a little shocked to see the pinhead girl.

by Anonymousreply 2210/18/2012

They played music from "Carrie!!!!!"

by Anonymousreply 2310/18/2012

I enjoyed the episode, however it was lacking in the creepiness department.

Glad to see Jessica and Evan back.

by Anonymousreply 2410/18/2012

So they decided to include lesbians, huh? Don't we have enough lesbians on tv? They're everywhere! I want to see more gay characters.. and this is coming from a bi chick.

by Anonymousreply 2510/18/2012

Will there be Dylan ass?

by Anonymousreply 2610/18/2012

We got Evan's ass!!!

by Anonymousreply 2710/18/2012

So much crammed into one episode. Not really into gore. Evan's ass shot was nice. Religious evil vs. Science evil, now there's a fight for the lesser of two evils.

by Anonymousreply 2810/18/2012

I liked it. I don't know what some of you bitches are moaning about. What would be the point of it being the same as the first season?

by Anonymousreply 2910/18/2012

R29, lol - you don't know what people are moaning about? This is datalounge, where there is NOTHING that can't be found wanting. Bitching and complaining is the standard response.

by Anonymousreply 3010/18/2012

Someone's bitching is someone else's praise.

Someone's bitchslapping is someone else's foreplay.

On Datalounge every side of a coin gets licked.

by Anonymousreply 3110/18/2012

I'll lick YOUR coins, R31.

by Anonymousreply 3210/18/2012

I liked it but it's got a whole lot going on.Evil nuns a murderous nazi scientist,aliens and apparently a masked killer or at least the ghost of one,Oh and the scary creatures lurking on the asylum grounds.

by Anonymousreply 3310/18/2012

Loved it. Great set up. Lange is amazing. Surprised about the Alien subplot. Loved the use of the "Carrie" music. Wonder if they get Mark Consuelo naked. The preview of the whole season at the end is intense.

by Anonymousreply 3410/18/2012

Evan Peters has a surprisingly meaty ass for a skinny guy. Very nice shape to it.

by Anonymousreply 3510/18/2012

Anyone make the connection to the first season, yet? Murphy said there was a clue in the 'birth' episode from season one. I'm curious to know.

by Anonymousreply 3610/18/2012

^^^Nobody gives a shit, r38.

by Anonymousreply 3910/18/2012

I thought the acting was OK. I like the characters quite a bit.

The asylum is creepy, especially the spiral staircase and the foyer.

But the editing and story was jumpier than the first episode last year.

I have a feeling this will not be a ghost story this time around, but some other kind of horror. Hopefully not aliens. Or monster plants. Or monster alien plants.

by Anonymousreply 4010/18/2012

It has potential if it doesn't get too heavy handed with its themes: the monsters created by science vs the monsters created by religion.

I suspect that Bloody Face at the end is the result of the scientist's experiments on the misunderstood white boy.

by Anonymousreply 4110/18/2012

There was way too much in the first show...They built the creepy in AHS but there was just a crap ton of stuff going. Way to much style and not enough sustance.

by Anonymousreply 4210/18/2012

Murphy said this season's major theme is sanity - we've also heard of religious subplots, old-timey evil scientists, aliens and "bloody face". Not to mention, it's not going to be anything like Season 1...and folks are still looking for ghosts? Everything we were promised showed up in episode 1 - with the exception of Quinto, who I can't wait to see.

by Anonymousreply 4310/18/2012

I'm so pissed. I used to have FX as part of my basic cable package and they dropped it sometime between last season and this one. So now I can't watch it (pout).

by Anonymousreply 4410/18/2012

But wasn't Bloody Face a ghost in the modern-day scenes with the couple exploring the asylum's ruins? The asylum setting seems to be clearly inspired by an actual abandoned asylum with a "death tunnel" that is rumored to be haunted. I guess this season is a story about what happened before it became abandoned and haunted. I thought there could be some religious/satanic supernatural stuff going on though, like how did Jessica know the reporter was a lesbian? Just a guess? It doesn't seem like it would've been that obvious, otherwise they would've already been outed.

by Anonymousreply 4510/18/2012

r20, do you really still use the word "retarded" in late 2012? really?

by Anonymousreply 4610/18/2012

Yes r46, I use words that wound, it's just the way I roll!

by Anonymousreply 4710/18/2012

Well... put your wheeles up and "Roll on" R47

by Anonymousreply 4810/18/2012

They dropped FX, R44?! Do you mind telling us what cable system in what city?

by Anonymousreply 4910/18/2012

I love this show. So Sister Jude has a decorative storage cabinet in her office to house her diffently sized switches? I love it!

Is it too soon to assume that the young nun (Lily Rabe) is Sister Jude's daughter?

Surprisingly, I didn't hate Adam Levine.

Can't wait to see what happens with Lana next week...

by Anonymousreply 5010/18/2012

Jamie Brewer is the actress who played "The Mongoloid" and she was really good. She worked wonderfully and very naturally with Jessica Lange and she had never worked in t.v. or film before. Quite impressive.

I think she should be on this season in a one off role where she plays an employee of the asylum who tells off Sister Jude for something. I dunno. That young adult lady was really good.

Evan Peters is just a downright revelation. His accent was dead on and his physicality is quite something. I hope he is in it for the long haul.

by Anonymousreply 5110/18/2012

I have Comcast R49 and the last time I tried to watch FX it said something like "not authorized to view this channel".

by Anonymousreply 5210/18/2012

I haven't checked out the new episode yet, but they were doing a piece on it yesterday on NPR. They played some scenes over radio and the dialogue was cringe-worthy. If I'd never seen the show, it'd be a pass for me.

by Anonymousreply 5310/18/2012

After reading some of the comments here I was worried it didn't stand up to the first season and was a failure. Wow, I was surprised how much I enjoyed it! Just like last season I had to avert my eyes at a few of the scenes, but wow, it was CREEPY and GOOD! It felt like a real nightmare, strange and unreal. It was a complete success as far as I am concerned.

by Anonymousreply 5410/18/2012

Once it's established the show is still critically acclaimed and is a rating success, we'll hear less about how it's "over." There's lots of negativity in all the tv show threads here anyway. It's become a completely new show, with a completely different plot. Constance had become a bit of a gay icon similar to Patsy Stone on AbFab, she had lots of funny quotable lines and people have started posting as her here like they do Patsy. So a lot of people are pissed that Jessica isn't playing Constance anymore and the tone of the show is much more serious. Whatever, it's still great.

by Anonymousreply 5510/18/2012

It's too early to say, but I must admit that I am not very keen on the gore stuff so far.

I like the quick haunting image of an inmate sitting on a sideboard kind of thing in his cell (instead of laying in his bed).

I wonder if the Fiennies character is either Opus Dei or Satan himself?

by Anonymousreply 5610/18/2012

I don't think I can watch a whole season of people being tortured. It's too much.

by Anonymousreply 5710/18/2012

LOVE IT!

Evan's ass is to die for. I also loved the shot of him laying in his bed with just a tee and tighty whities on.

At one point, during his flashback, it looked like the alien was going to stick its long finger up his ass.

by Anonymousreply 5810/18/2012

I didn't recognize Evan at all in the opening scene with his wife, I didn't realize it was Tate until he was being dragged into the asylum.

by Anonymousreply 5910/18/2012

I also thought that the young nun might be Sister Jude's daughter. That woman has a past.

by Anonymousreply 6010/18/2012

[quote]There's lots of negativity in all the tv show threads here anyway.

I agree, but you contribute a lot of that negativity yourself, just to shows you don't like.

by Anonymousreply 6110/18/2012

I am loving it.

My only complaint, as a big fan of Chloe Sevigny's, is her character seems like a 'throwaway.'

by Anonymousreply 6210/18/2012

Dear Lord, WHAT DID WE DO TO DESERVE Clea Duvall and Chloe Sevigny in the same episode?!

by Anonymousreply 6310/18/2012

Lily Rabe is a tad over the top, acting-wise. She reminds me of scenery chewers Diane Scarwid and Veronica Cartright. Her overwrought nun could get tiresome.

by Anonymousreply 6410/18/2012

[quote] Lily Rabe is a tad over the top, acting-wise. She reminds me of scenery chewers Diane Scarwid and Veronica Cartright. Her overwrought nun could get tiresome.

She learned from the best!

by Anonymousreply 6510/18/2012

[quote]Lily Rabe is a tad over the top, acting-wise. She reminds me of scenery chewers Diane Scarwid and Veronica Cartright.

I loved Lily in the first season. I agree that she does have a bit of both Diane and Veronica this season, and I love it.

by Anonymousreply 6610/18/2012

"American Horror Story: Asylum" premiere tops first season in ratings

TV watchers were happy to check in for "American Horror Story: Asylum."

The premiere of the FX series' second installment drew 3.9 million viewers on Wednesday night, according to Deadline.

The opener outpaced any single telecast from the inaugural "American Horror Story" season, and was up 21 percent in total viewers from last fall's premiere.

This season of the "American Horror Story" anthology centers around Briarcliff Manor, an asylum for the criminally insane.

Returning actors from the first season (though all playing different characters) include Jessica Lange, Lily Rabe, Evan Peters, Sarah Paulson, Frances Conroy and Zachary Quinto.

On Wednesday, "AHS" co-creator Ryan Murphy tweeted that Dylan McDermott will also be making an appearance at the "Asylum" this season.

by Anonymousreply 6710/18/2012

I loved Lily Rabe's idiot character crying and throwing herself bare assed onto the Nun's desk to be punished, and Lange's seduction of the Priest only to be a fantasy. Very cool.

by Anonymousreply 6810/18/2012

I don't think the young nun is Sister Jude's daughter, but she could be her niece, a la "Agnes of God."

by Anonymousreply 6910/18/2012

Not only was it the #1 cable show, it beat the heavily hyped/promoted network competition Nashville, which is crashing and burning. AHS got a 2.2 in the key 18-49 demo, while Nashville got a 2.0.

r61, hi trolldar stalker from the Nashville thread, read it and weep!

by Anonymousreply 7010/18/2012

LOVED Evan Peters in his tighty whities on the bed. Think it looked hotter than his ass shot.

by Anonymousreply 7110/18/2012

R70 gets correctly called on his shit and his only response is "stalker."

by Anonymousreply 7210/18/2012

When the mad doctor (Farmer Hoggett) first had Evan Peters on his experimentation table, he said something about castration.

What he said was something about being castrated like Brother Abelare (not sure about that name). At first I thought he might be referring to the monsignor since I couldn't think of another male character we'd met at the asylum. But that wasn't the monsignors name.

Do we know who Brother Abelare is?

by Anonymousreply 7310/19/2012

R73, you are worse than the DLer who didn't know Mrs. Patrick Campbell was a real person. I'm 23 and even I know the story of Abelard and Heloise.

by Anonymousreply 7410/19/2012

Is this Doctor also making impossible creatures that somehow survive, like the doctor in season one?

If so, maybe there's some overarching mythology to the show that explains how these Frankenstein-like creations manage to stay alive.

by Anonymousreply 7510/19/2012

What about me?

by Anonymousreply 7610/19/2012

Loooooooved Jessica.

Hate the aliens.

by Anonymousreply 7710/19/2012

[quote]Hate the aliens.

A ha, but are they real or is he really insane? Mmmmmmmmm?

by Anonymousreply 7810/19/2012

"Your rare bird has a nose for rodents."

by Anonymousreply 7910/19/2012

You can be happy, though, that Ms. Lange returns in the new season...and this time she’s the star. - NEW YORK TIMES

[American Horror Story: Asylum] is, however, once again driven by an enjoyably outsized performance from Jessica Lange, this time as a deranged nun who mixes Cherry Jones from Doubt with a Tallulah Bankhead Die Die My Darling chaser. Drink if you dare. - USA TODAY

Jessica Lange, who swanned around [in season 1] upstaging everyone like a deranged Tennessee Williams heroine auditioning for a remake of some Bette Davis Grand Guignol classic from the '60s [...] is equally terrific in the second season. - TV GUIDE

Really, the pilot is worth watching alone for the shot of Jessica Lange sensually rubbing perfume onto her chest while wearing a red teddy and habit. She closes her eyes and a choir sings. - ROLLING STONE

A ferocious Jessica Lange. - PHILADELPHIA INQUIRER

Lange is magnificent here. - THE GLOBE AND MAIL

Lange, who won an Emmy for the show's first season, gives a fascinating, flamboyant performance. - ORLANDO SENTINEL

As a bitter nun with a working-class New England accent, Lange's doing a 180 from her demented Southern belle season 1 role, and she's excellent. - HITFIX

[Lange's] very presence elevates the series to a higher standard. - NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

Overseeing the madness is the stern and sadistic Sister Jude, played by scene-stealer Jessica Lange in a deliciously theatrical manner. Lange was the highlight of the first season, playing meddling neighbor Constance Langdon, and she swallows this even meatier role whole. - SLANT MAGAZINE

Lange’s Jude is, as ever, first among equals. She’s thrown over the Blanche Dubois–in-a-drag-show Southern accent of season one for an equally captivating Boston lilt. She’s a bit less of a scenery chewer here — as much as a nun who likes to cane people, lusts after her monsignor, and wears lingerie under her habit can be — but she is more human. Yes, she’s an unfeeling, malicious scourge to her wards, but it seems to spring from her faith, both in God and the power of the devil. She can show compassion to her inferiors, and, unlike at least one of her male colleagues, doesn’t believe in using her family-less charges as animal food. - SALON

Creators Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk aren't terribly interested in subtlety or nuance, and the forbidding archetypes that Jessica Lange and James Cromwell play could have sprung directly from the brain of Douglas Sirk, or rather, the ill-fated and genetically cursed love child of Sirk, David Cronenberg and Sylvia Plath. Lange plays the magisterial nun in charge of the wonderfully dank, shadowy asylum, and she's flat-out transfixing. Murphy no doubt lures so many quality actors to his shows by tantalizing them with the opportunity to play big, broad characters, but both Lange nor Cromwell (who plays the asylum's mad scientist) walk right up to the line of hamminess without crossing over to the dark side. These magnetic performers make a meal of their roles without overtly licking their chops, and only Cromwell could deliver the line, "This is my time -- the time of SCIENCE!" without making the audience laugh. - HUFFINGTON POST

Among the terrific cast, Lange and Cromwell are especially transfixing. It's no surprise Lange won an Emmy for her role in the first season. She's a powerhouse again, staying just on the right side of hammy as she spits one threat after another. - CHICAGO TRIBUNE

Lange and Cromwell, in particular, emote the hell out of their respective parts. - SAN FRANCISCO CHRONICLE

Lange’s capacity to elevate cheesy dialogue to an over-enunciated art form [returns in full force]. “Let me give you fair warning,” she tells Cromwell at one point, “I’ll always win against a patriarchal male.” The way Lange lets her tongue slither on “male” is laughably excessive, but also just enough to make women across America want to start a slow-clap standing ovation in her honor. The Emmy winner is not the whole show. But at times, she’s close. - WASHINGTON POST

by Anonymousreply 8010/19/2012

Jessica Lange is back. So wicked in season 1, she’s devilishly good here as that aforementioned iron-fisted nun who whips (bare-bottomed) naysayers with riding crops and has her own (sexual) secrets simmering just below the surface at all times. The character is never as black-and-white as her habit, though; as with season 1, you’ll be left guessing exactly what she’s up to and whose side she’s on at all times. - THE ADVOCATE

If the great Jessica Lange keeps working on this series she will find herself (since it’s FX after all) in a red bustier taking the missing link to bed. - NEW YORK POST

Lange is more controlled than in Season 1, and also more terrifying. - ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH

by Anonymousreply 8110/19/2012

You can be happy, though, that Ms. Lange returns in the new season...and this time she’s the star. - NEW YORK TIMES

[American Horror Story: Asylum] is, however, once again driven by an enjoyably outsized performance from Jessica Lange, this time as a deranged nun who mixes Cherry Jones from Doubt with a Tallulah Bankhead Die Die My Darling chaser. Drink if you dare. - USA TODAY

Jessica Lange, who swanned around [in season 1] upstaging everyone like a deranged Tennessee Williams heroine auditioning for a remake of some Bette Davis Grand Guignol classic from the '60s [...] is equally terrific in the second season. - TV GUIDE

Really, the pilot is worth watching alone for the shot of Jessica Lange sensually rubbing perfume onto her chest while wearing a red teddy and habit. She closes her eyes and a choir sings. - ROLLING STONE

Lange, who won an Emmy for the show's first season, gives a fascinating, flamboyant performance. - ORLANDO SENTINEL

As a bitter nun with a working-class New England accent, Lange's doing a 180 from her demented Southern belle season 1 role, and she's excellent. - HITFIX

[Lange's] very presence elevates the series to a higher standard. - NEW YORK DAILY NEWS

Overseeing the madness is the stern and sadistic Sister Jude, played by scene-stealer Jessica Lange in a deliciously theatrical manner. Lange was the highlight of the first season, playing meddling neighbor Constance Langdon, and she swallows this even meatier role whole. - SLANT MAGAZINE

Lange’s Jude is, as ever, first among equals. She’s thrown over the Blanche Dubois–in-a-drag-show Southern accent of season one for an equally captivating Boston lilt. She’s a bit less of a scenery chewer here — as much as a nun who likes to cane people, lusts after her monsignor, and wears lingerie under her habit can be — but she is more human. Yes, she’s an unfeeling, malicious scourge to her wards, but it seems to spring from her faith, both in God and the power of the devil. She can show compassion to her inferiors, and, unlike at least one of her male colleagues, doesn’t believe in using her family-less charges as animal food. - SALON

Creators Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk aren't terribly interested in subtlety or nuance, and the forbidding archetypes that Jessica Lange and James Cromwell play could have sprung directly from the brain of Douglas Sirk, or rather, the ill-fated and genetically cursed love child of Sirk, David Cronenberg and Sylvia Plath. Lange plays the magisterial nun in charge of the wonderfully dank, shadowy asylum, and she's flat-out transfixing. Murphy no doubt lures so many quality actors to his shows by tantalizing them with the opportunity to play big, broad characters, but both Lange nor Cromwell (who plays the asylum's mad scientist) walk right up to the line of hamminess without crossing over to the dark side. These magnetic performers make a meal of their roles without overtly licking their chops, and only Cromwell could deliver the line, "This is my time -- the time of SCIENCE!" without making the audience laugh. - HUFFINGTON POST

Among the terrific cast, Lange and Cromwell are especially transfixing. It's no surprise Lange won an Emmy for her role in the first season. She's a powerhouse again, staying just on the right side of hammy as she spits one threat after another. - CHICAGO TRIBUNE

Lange and Cromwell, in particular, emote the hell out of their respective parts. - SAN FRANCISCO CHRONICLE

Lange’s capacity to elevate cheesy dialogue to an over-enunciated art form [returns in full force]. “Let me give you fair warning,” she tells Cromwell at one point, “I’ll always win against a patriarchal male.” The way Lange lets her tongue slither on “male” is laughably excessive, but also just enough to make women across America want to start a slow-clap standing ovation in her honor. The Emmy winner is not the whole show. But at times, she’s close. - WASHINGTON POST

by Anonymousreply 8210/19/2012

by Anonymousreply 8310/19/2012

What kind of underwear do nuns normally wear?

I guess it was supposed to be shocking that Sister Jude was wearing some nice looking red undergarments, but I have no idea what they normally have on under their habits.

by Anonymousreply 8410/19/2012

I think it's downright terrifying that there was a time a person could be committed to a place like Briarcliff just for being gay.

by Anonymousreply 8510/19/2012

The asylum's name is Briarcliff Manor? Does Murphy have something against the pricey NYC suburb of Briarcliff Manor?

by Anonymousreply 8610/19/2012

I liked it a lot, but I wish they would have put in any effort to make the 1960s sequences look like the 1960s. They did the women's hair and called it a day.

by Anonymousreply 8710/19/2012

I liked last season for the most part but watching this pilot reminded me what I don't like...the breakneck editing which changes camera angles every 2 seconds whether it is warranted or not. Gives me a headache. I also think from a storytelling perspective, could've done a better job to hook us into a character or characters to "care" about, like the broken family moving in in episode one of the 1st season. Finally, the use of the soundtrack from CARRIE was distracting to me since it is one I am very familiar with. Wonder what the point was. I am assuming the showmakers figured no one would recognize it?

by Anonymousreply 8810/20/2012

I did think the scene of the two women recognizing their fate we heartbreaking. That pull away from the journalist as she lay on the bed crying and pulling at her restraints and Sister Jude saying "We will fix you" was chilling and heartbreaking. I am glad Murphy and company is keeping the heat on the inhumanity in some attitudes about gays that still exist today.

by Anonymousreply 8910/20/2012

R88, Ryan Murphy has stated that his inspiration this season was Brian DePalma's (and Dario Argento's) films, particularly CARRIE and DRESSED TO KILL. The S2 premiere episode was his tribute to DePalma, with the CARRIE soundtrack and off-balance but languid fever dream sequences.

Last season they borrowed heavily from Bernard Herrman's playbook.

by Anonymousreply 9010/20/2012

I'm still thinking about how AMAZING Evan Peters' ass is!

by Anonymousreply 9110/20/2012

[quote]I'm still thinking about how AMAZING Evan Peters' ass is!

Amateur!

by Anonymousreply 9210/20/2012

I think the aliens that Kit saw were in someway connected to the Dr's creations and not extra terrestrials.

by Anonymousreply 9310/21/2012

r93, what about the moment when he and some metal things got pulled to the ceiling?

by Anonymousreply 9410/21/2012

R94 I think that Kit was either drugged before hand or he was suffering from some sort of psychosis that made him think and feel like he was pulled up to the ceiling.

it's all sensory related, thus the fast shaky camera work during the episode to make you feel unbalanced.

by Anonymousreply 9510/21/2012

Mark Consuelos looks pretty freaky in this new season.

by Anonymousreply 9610/21/2012

The 'little person' (for lack of a better way to describe her) that gave Sarah Paulson a flower when she was first walking into the asylum the - what's the condition called that she has?

I haven't seen anyone that looks like her since the movie "Freaks."

by Anonymousreply 9710/21/2012

They used to be called pinheads, R97. They suffer from a condition known as Microcephaly.

by Anonymousreply 9810/21/2012

And for R97:

by Anonymousreply 9910/21/2012

They're called pinheads, r97. They have undersized skulls and brains. Their level of retardation varies, some have near normal intelligence. I hope we get to see more of her too, I thought she was cute.

by Anonymousreply 10010/21/2012

R97 That is a really good makeup job on her. The actress who plays her does not have Microcephaly at all.

by Anonymousreply 10110/21/2012

Wow r101. That's pretty incredible.

When in character she looks nothing like that super airbrushed headshot on her IMDB page. But in more candid shots, it looks like she might not have required as much makeup as one might think based on the headshot.

by Anonymousreply 10210/21/2012

holy CRAP!!

by Anonymousreply 10310/22/2012

Here you go, bitches. Evan Peters discussing his butt shots.

by Anonymousreply 10410/24/2012

Jessica Lange got an eyeful of young balls :)

by Anonymousreply 10510/24/2012

I thought Dylan McDermott was awful in Season 1. He sucked the oxygen out of every scene he was in.

He needs to do a lot better in Season 2.

by Anonymousreply 10610/24/2012

R88 sounds old.

by Anonymousreply 10710/24/2012

So, what's Sister Jude's deep, dark secret?

by Anonymousreply 10810/24/2012

Fx does not show the episodes online. What's up with that?

by Anonymousreply 10910/24/2012

I don't know R109 but I wish I could watch it somewhere. I went to basic cable and can't get FX now.

by Anonymousreply 11010/24/2012

Very disappointing.

by Anonymousreply 11110/24/2012

Episode Two.... Jesus Christ, Jessica Lange is a fucking hurricane of an actress. She'll no doubt have a second Emmy and Golden Globe this year.

by Anonymousreply 11210/24/2012

I liked the 2nd episode more than the first -- maybe the show will keep getting better & better.

I hate Sarah Paulson, & I couldn't put that irrational hate aside and sympathize with her character at all.

Jessica Lange is fabulous & so is Evan Peters & his ass.

by Anonymousreply 11310/24/2012

Only Jessica Lange would viciously slap a man possessed by the devil for spilling her secrets.

by Anonymousreply 11410/24/2012

I loved the last season but didn't get through the second episode of season 2. I turned it off after the journalist screams that blood face was trying to escape. It appears that the writers took every cliché from every horror film ever made and threw it into this episode.

by Anonymousreply 11510/24/2012

Let me see your mossy bank.

by Anonymousreply 11610/24/2012

This weeks episode was much better. Not all over the place like the season premiere.

by Anonymousreply 11710/24/2012

This season is shit.

No plot, no character development...just torture scenes strung together.

Disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 11810/24/2012

I'm guessing R118 failed his Screenwriting 101 class.

by Anonymousreply 11910/24/2012

More Evan bum!

This show is the best thing on tv!!!

by Anonymousreply 12010/25/2012

I'm not crazy about the show but I'll watch just for Evan's sweet ass.

by Anonymousreply 12110/25/2012

It's not addictive like last season but it's still watchable. I'll stick with it for the time being.

by Anonymousreply 12210/25/2012

Amazing episode! I was scared by the rapid pacing and insanity of the first episode, but this second one was great.

Also, Jessica Lange will win another Emmy and Golden Globe and SAG award for this show.

by Anonymousreply 12310/25/2012

James Cromwell looks like he must have a massive cock.Just saying.

by Anonymousreply 12410/25/2012

Would all the people who watch just to see EP's ass just grow the fuck up, please. Thanks!

by Anonymousreply 12510/25/2012

I fucking loved the second episode. And R124, it's obvious the writer/director wanted us to think that.

I love how lurid the show is.

by Anonymousreply 12610/25/2012

r125, you're on the wrong web site.

by Anonymousreply 12710/25/2012

Haven't watched all of last night's episode. Did we get any more shots of Evan Peters ass?

by Anonymousreply 12810/25/2012

[quote]I hate Sarah Paulson, & I couldn't put that irrational hate aside and sympathize with her character at all.

Same with me. Never have liked her.

by Anonymousreply 12910/25/2012

The two best things on TV this season

Robert Buckley's tits on 666 Park Avenue and Evan Peters ass on this!

by Anonymousreply 13010/25/2012

Agree, R100. It's good to see Ongina get some work outside of Drag Race.

by Anonymousreply 13110/25/2012

What's wrong with you people with the last week was better, this week was better. Christ, can't anyone just sit back and enjoy the ride? In a world where The Kardashians and garbage like "Whitney" are considered entertainment, last season of "American Horror Story" was amazing TV. This season is better than anything else on TV, bare ass or not.

Oh and for all you swooners, Evan claiming he didn't know he would be naked until he got to set is horseshit.

by Anonymousreply 13210/25/2012

He said he didn't know he would be naked until he got the script, not got to the set.

You know Ryan Murphy tells the writers: "Make sure some of the chicks have to strip too so it isn't obvious that I just want to see the dude's dicks when I visit the set."

by Anonymousreply 13310/25/2012

I love Evan Peters this season. So glad he has a more substantial role. Interesting that he's naturally a brown haired guy, but he looks so much better as a blond.

Jessica is still great, although I'm not sure that this role fits her. She seems to be trying to work it, but for whatever reason, I'm not buying her as this "nun" character. Yes there's the backstory which explains her behavior, but it doesn't quite work for me.

The interesting characters are the ones played by Sarah Paulson (that's right, haters!) and the blonde nun. They bring so much depth to their characters, and I'm fascinated by them.

I could've done without the exorcism shit, because I'm just not into THAT kind of horror. To be honest, I've never seen the exorcist because I don't like that kind of scary movie, so I had to tune out the whole storyline.

Good episode, and the story is starting to develop. B-

by Anonymousreply 13410/25/2012

I do like the implication that the demon's spirit went into the "nice" nun when the horse-eating boy died.

They should get someone else to do flashbacks for Jessica.

When she was singing, she looked really old. While it made it more pathetic, it didn't make sense chronologically. Because her days as a bar whore must have been a long time ago, or she wouldn't have risen to power at the asylum yet.

by Anonymousreply 13510/25/2012

R134 - you tuned out the whole exorcism storyline when it's probably going to form a big part of the entire season?

R135 - ITA about Jessica looking too old in the flashbacks and not making it seem far back enough in time. I thought they could have at least smeared some Vaseline on the lenses.

by Anonymousreply 13610/25/2012

...i wondered how she felt shooting the electroshock scene and having to wield the equipment, given her early role in FRANCES.

oh how i adore ms. lange!!!

by Anonymousreply 13710/25/2012

I haven't started watching the new season yet. I will finish season 1 tonight. Any idea of hot as fuck Teddy Sears and Michael Grazadei will show up in season 2, just for their beauty.

by Anonymousreply 13810/25/2012

[quote] I do like the implication that the demon's spirit went into the "nice" nun when the horse-eating boy died.

It wasn't a horse, it was a cow.

by Anonymousreply 13910/25/2012

it wasn't just a cow, it was their prized guernsey.

by Anonymousreply 14010/25/2012

I thought the episode was awesome - shit flying at you from all directions - the Sister Jude backstory coming out of nowhere, the Mad Scientist vs. the "whores", the Lana betrayal, the Exorcist...my only question is, WTF are people expecting from AHS? It's a fever-dream fantasy and they're not about to let up.

by Anonymousreply 14110/25/2012

I also feel like they could have used a younger double for the flashback scenes or they could have just blurred the lens.

JL looked ancient in the flashback scenes especially her hands.

I also have a hard time seeing her as nun but she's such an incredible actress that she literally pulls off the impossible characterization.

I'm actually enjoying Sarah Paulson's character this season.

James Cromwell is awesome in his role, he sure does not invoke a kind farmer on the show.

Evan is great as always.

by Anonymousreply 14210/25/2012

These two episodes lack the comic relief that was in Season 1. I really need that because some of the scary bloodiness is just too much for me.

by Anonymousreply 14310/25/2012

R135, R136 - I didn't find this problematic at all. The Sister Jude flashback scene had Lange's character entertaining World War II-era servicemen, which places this a good 20 years prior to the events unfolding in the asylum. If we're to assume that Sister Jude in 1964 is in her early sixties (as Lange is today), then she was already a bit long-in-the tooth to be entertaining the boys in the 1940s, which likely explains why they weren't buying what she had to offer. Unlike 40-somethings today, 40-somethings back then looked considerably older.

by Anonymousreply 14410/25/2012

Yesterday's episode made me think that James Cromwell might be proportionate like how Liam Neeson is. The man is six foot seven! Wow.

I have a feeling that Lily Rabe's character is either now possessed by Satan or has been impregnated by Satan. I dunno. At any rate, she is going to get even more theatrical than she normally is in the next episode.

The actor who played the kid possessed by Satan was really fucking good! His name is Devon Graye.

Why did Sarah Paulson's character not seem to have been affected by the shock treatment all soo much? I don't get that.

by Anonymousreply 14510/25/2012

James Cromwell is an excellent actor. I thought no one would buy him as a sadistic scientist, but he's pulling it off.

I wonder if Lana Banana will get some action on the inside. She really gave Grace the elevator eyes.

by Anonymousreply 14610/25/2012

[quote] At any rate, [Lily Rabe] is going to get even more theatrical than she normally is in the next episode.

And that's why we watch!

by Anonymousreply 14710/25/2012

I thought Zachary Quinto was excellent last night.

by Anonymousreply 14810/25/2012

[quote]Why did Sarah Paulson's character not seem to have been affected by the shock treatment all soo much? I don't get that.

It was shock therapy, not a Lobotomy.

by Anonymousreply 14910/25/2012

I agree R143. Miss the humor.

by Anonymousreply 15010/25/2012

[quote]ITA about Jessica looking too old in the flashbacks and not making it seem far back enough in time. I thought they could have at least smeared some Vaseline on the lenses.

Works for some.

by Anonymousreply 15110/25/2012

BTW, isn't anyone trying to guess at the identity of "Bloody Face"? I'm going with Quinto (for now) especially after the demon said to him, "Oliver, look at you - I see what you have become. I'm glad I gave you up." Still, it would be quite a stretch for him to still be around after almost fifty years...

by Anonymousreply 15210/25/2012

Except that bloody faces eyes are bright blue r152. The only characters with eyes that color are female. Unless it's Dylan McDermott, who does have big blue peepers and (I think) was reported to be on this season.

by Anonymousreply 15310/25/2012

James Cromwell has blue eyes too.

by Anonymousreply 15410/25/2012

This season is awful. Too much "smoke and mirrors", a really lame, tired storyline. I loved the first season and it kept me hooked, I ended up not watching the second episode after about twenty minutes. It's just too gorey and lacking any real depth... Also, it's verrrrrrrrry contrived.. Aliens? Really? LAME... I also hate literally every single character this season, last year I had empathy for all of them. Jessica Lange is hard to care about since she's such a frigid bitch... No one is cool this season. Over it.

by Anonymousreply 15510/25/2012

[quote]This season is awful. Too much "smoke and mirrors", a really lame, tired storyline. I loved the first season and it kept me hooked, I ended up not watching the second episode after about twenty minutes. It's just too gorey and lacking any real depth... Also, it's verrrrrrrrry contrived.. Aliens? Really? LAME... I also hate literally every single character this season, last year I had empathy for all of them. Jessica Lange is hard to care about since she's such a frigid bitch... No one is cool this season. Over it.

Great, thanks for sharing, grandpa.

by Anonymousreply 15610/25/2012

thanks for sharing r155.

what are the chances that's your last post in this thread?

by Anonymousreply 15710/25/2012

That's true, R153. And the Cromwell character would be too obvious a choice at this stage, R154. Pretty sure they're going for a WTF moment like when Rubber Man's identity was revealed last season...

by Anonymousreply 15810/25/2012

Yes I'm a 26 year old grandpa. Sorry I prefer depth to shock and awe, guess I'm a little more evolved. And this is my last post in this thread. :P

by Anonymousreply 15910/25/2012

This guy also has blue eyes (he plays on of the guards)

[quote] Pretty sure they're going for a WTF moment like when Rubber Man's identity was revealed last season

Wasn't very WTF for me. I said while watching the first episode that it was gonna be Tate in the latex suit.

by Anonymousreply 16010/25/2012

R155, after only two episodes, you've already assessed that the entire season sucks? Okay fine. About the aliens -- we don't know for sure if aliens are involved. It could be that Kit really is crazy and is imagining things. Maybe the government's involved in these shenanigans. Who knows, but I'm sticking around to find out. And as for the characters not being likable, again, after only two episodes you've already decided you hate every single one of them. So there's no chance of you sticking around to see if and how the characters develop? All right then, see ya!

by Anonymousreply 16110/25/2012

I do not believe that aliens are involved in the deaths.

Last night I saw a few things that stood out to me as foreshadowing.

The murdered women were found in fields and they were beheaded. We see a wide shot of the doctor talking to the nurse about the creatures and the camera shows us a field. The doctors dinner with the hooker showed him expertly cutting meat. The pictures on his bureau were very sadistic and the heads were always obscured.

The doctor is bloody face.

I believe that the aliens are the creatures he helped engineer, the victims like Kit are obviously being chosen for some reason. Kit married a black women which was not acceptable at the time, so maybe that was his ticket in.

The reporter is a lesbian so she too is worthy of experimentation and punishment.

by Anonymousreply 16210/25/2012

R155, you're fine with the supernatural, but draw the line at aliens?

by Anonymousreply 16310/25/2012

How very astute of you, R162!

by Anonymousreply 16410/25/2012

[R135], [R136] - I didn't find this problematic at all. The Sister Jude flashback scene had Lange's character entertaining World War II-era servicemen, which places this a good 20 years prior to the events unfolding in the asylum. If we're to assume that Sister Jude in 1964 is in her early sixties (as Lange is today), then she was already a bit long-in-the tooth to be entertaining the boys in the 1940s, which likely explains why they weren't buying what she had to offer. Unlike 40-somethings today, 40-somethings back then looked considerably older.

by: Anonymoustreply 144t10/25/2012 @ 11:44AM

Exactly what I thought. From the car she was driving, the music that was playing and the outfits of the servicemen, I figured it was the 1940's. As you stated, if Jude is Ms. Lange's age, then she would've been in her mid to late 40's during that flashback.

(Then again, if Ms. Lange had shot her face up with botox like she has in the past to look younger, you'd have these pair of idiots making fun of her anyway. If she looks too old, she's criticized. If she's botoxed up, she's maligned. Jesus.)

I, for one, am happy that it's becoming more and more obvious that Ms. Lange never had surgery and that she's finally stopped with the botox.

She's looking luminous.

by Anonymousreply 16510/25/2012

I thought Lange should have been shot in soft-filter or should have worn serious facial tape under her wig for the 1940s scenes. She looks in her 1960s in the "now" of 1964 but also in the flashbacks to the late 40s--it didn;t make any sense.

Evan Whatsisname actually looks increidbly hot this season. I did not find him in the slightest bit hot last season, but he's more many somehow now.

I've been very impressed with the show this season. It's actually very scary this season--something it was not last year at all.

by Anonymousreply 16610/25/2012

Who played the hooker James Cromwell hired on last night's show? I thought at first it was the actress who plays Bernadette on "The Big Bang Theory." Whoever she is, she seemed very familiar.

by Anonymousreply 16710/25/2012

Is this the girl, R167?

by Anonymousreply 16810/25/2012

Don't think so R168. I believe Holloway played Clea DuVall's friend in the first scene.

by Anonymousreply 16910/25/2012

She may have been too young for this part, but I always think Alison Lohman should play the younger version of Jessica Lange whenever a project requires it.

by Anonymousreply 17010/25/2012

C'mon Lange was perfect in the flashback. Drunks don't age well. She looked old and over the hill and pathetic and you could tell when he rebuffed her she was humiliated which added to her leaving drunk and driving.

by Anonymousreply 17110/25/2012

At first, I thought Lange had hit Pretty Girl with her car.

by Anonymousreply 17210/25/2012

[quote] At first, I thought Lange had hit Pretty Girl with her car.

that's what I thought too

by Anonymousreply 17310/25/2012

I just think this show is amazing!

by Anonymousreply 17410/25/2012

Go fuck yourself, R165. I merely said she doesn't look any different for twenty years earlier. And no, I don't buy that women looked like that at 40 at the time - that's not true, and anyone who thinks so is a fucking idiot.

by Anonymousreply 17510/25/2012

I can't quite reconcile Sarah Paulson's face not moving (botox) with the fact that she has done a rather fine job on this show so far. Has anyone else noticed that her eyes move a bit and her mouth does as well and that is about it? I'm truly not intentionally trying to be catty.

by Anonymousreply 17610/25/2012

I thought Sarah Paulson was going to get it on with Lana Banana during the nude bathroom scene.

by Anonymousreply 17710/25/2012

[quote] I thought Sarah Paulson was going to get it on with Lana Banana during the nude bathroom scene.

Sarah Paulson IS Lana banana. The other character's name is Grace.

by Anonymousreply 17810/25/2012

I really liked the prostitute. I hope she reappears, and not as corspe.

Sarah Paulson is good in this.

by Anonymousreply 17910/25/2012

Lily Rabe seems very Laura Linney in this.

by Anonymousreply 18010/25/2012

I'm wondering if the show is going to go with evil being a physical force of some kind just as the house in the first series was the source for much of the bad stuff. Perhaps the doctor found the source of "evil".

by Anonymousreply 18110/25/2012

"I thought at first it was the actress who plays Bernadette on "The Big Bang Theory."

She reminded me of Bernadette as well. I thought it was great when she bit the doctor on the arm to get away.

by Anonymousreply 18210/25/2012

[quote] The actor who played the kid possessed by Satan was really fucking good! His name is Devon Graye.

What a coincidence. I just googled him the other day because he was in this movie called "Husk," which was a horror movie similar to Children of the Corn, and I thought he was really cute.

He also plays the young Dexter, in Showtime's "Dexter." He seems to be making a name for himself in the horror genre.

[quote] I thought Zachary Quinto was excellent last night.

So did I. It was interesting watching Zach, Jessica, and Evan in the same scene together, because Evan's acting inexperience really came to light.

Zach and Jessica had their lines and acting down pat, but Evan seemed to struggle a bit. It must be intimidating for such a young guy to be acting with two pros like Quinto and Lange. Indeed, Academy Award and Emmy Award winning Lange.

[quote] Also, it's verrrrrrrrry contrived. Aliens? Really?

I agree with the poster who said the aliens are just a ruse. It's all in his imagination, and he's probably deranged and really did kill his wife, along with the other ladies.

To me, the dynamic between Evan Peters and Sarah Paulson is interesting, because the nymphomaniac is convinced that he's a good guy, but Sarah is convinced he's a bad guy, and I'm curious to see what's the truth.

I also think that the murderer is still at-large, because while Evan was in Briarcliff, the "murderer of women" abducted Sarah's lesbian lover. Right? So he can't be Evan. But he STILL can be the doctor.

Btw, did Adam Levine set off anyone else's gaydar, as the priest? He's so cute!

This season is fast-paced and very interesting. I like it a lot.

by Anonymousreply 18310/25/2012

[quote]Btw, did Adam Levine set off anyone else's gaydar, as the priest? He's so cute!

Adam Levine was the newlywed who got his arm chopped off in the abandoned asylum. Joseph Fiennes was the Priest.

by Anonymousreply 18410/25/2012

R175 need to loosen the fuck up already.

by Anonymousreply 18510/25/2012

[quote] Joseph Fiennes was the Priest.

Oh, well then that wasn't my gaydar going off. He's just British!

by Anonymousreply 18610/25/2012

R185 needs to suck my cock.

by Anonymousreply 18710/25/2012

Sorry, I don't do charity cases, R187. Or the elderly.

by Anonymousreply 18810/25/2012

That's okay, R188. You're too obese to be able to suck anything, anyway.

by Anonymousreply 18910/25/2012

At first, I also thought the aliens were all in Evan Peters’ character’s head – that he hallucinated.

But then I re-watched the first episode and that doesn’t jive with that scene where the doctor experiments on him.

The doctor pulls out a micro-chip thing from his neck, which turns into a bug & crawls away. The doctor seemed surprised to find it. So, that piece did seem disjointed, but hopefully, a satisfying explanation or some connection will be given.

Forgive me, I'm an optimist.

by Anonymousreply 19010/25/2012

This pissing contest between the two posters is so thrilling! Who will win the last word? I'm on the edge of my seat!

by Anonymousreply 19110/26/2012

For this show getting probed by aliens and being posessed by an evil spirit can be possible.

by Anonymousreply 19210/26/2012

Quinto ruined last night's episode. He's among the worst and ugliest actors in LA. They should have cast just about anyone else as the shrink. Even last year's real estate ady would have done a better job with the role.

by Anonymousreply 19310/26/2012

To me it looks like the killer in the past is the mad scientist who hands the legacy over to Quinto's character who is the killer in the present acting as guardian of the asylum's madness (and got mad in the process himself).

by Anonymousreply 19410/26/2012

R183 I think Evan is doing a fine acting job, not sure why you think he came off an inexperienced compared to ZQ.

On the other hand anybody compared to JL doesn't have a chance of out shining her.

by Anonymousreply 19510/26/2012

Lange is fucking kicking ASS in this. Amazing.

by Anonymousreply 19610/27/2012

I think Lilly is about to kick it up a few notches.

by Anonymousreply 19710/27/2012

My early read: the mad scientist is the Killer of Women, and he maybe framed Kit and somehow convinced him of the alien scenario?

I have no idea, but I do think the extraterrestrial angle will end up being fabricated somehow.

All I know for sure is that Jessica Lange is chewing up every scene.

Oh, and Evan Peters (who didn't strike me as all that attractive last season) is looking mighty fine this go around.

by Anonymousreply 19810/27/2012

Her character was irritating in the first episode, r197, but i think you're right. she is going to get super-interesting!

by Anonymousreply 19910/27/2012

I still think Sister Jude (Lange) is going to be the heroine in this, somehow and she's gonna take Sister Eunice (Rabe) down, but HARD.

by Anonymousreply 20010/27/2012

st jude = saint of impossible causes....

by Anonymousreply 20110/27/2012

Already curious what time period the next season will cover and if Lange, Rabe and Evan (and his amazing ass) will return.

by Anonymousreply 20210/27/2012

I think someone at the Asylum should fix Sarah Paulson's lisp. She is so bad.

by Anonymousreply 20310/30/2012

Okay, this season officially sucks.

by Anonymousreply 20410/31/2012

I am not enjoying this either r204

by Anonymousreply 20510/31/2012

So turn it off, and shut up, you big Whooopsies.

by Anonymousreply 20610/31/2012

Some observations:

I felt kind of bad for James Cromwell in a couple of his scenes (painting the statue w/lipstick; telling the nympho to "spread her cheeks"). I don't know - this role may be fun for him, playing a crazy, depraved creep but it makes me cringe for this older, respected actor.

I didn't like the bait/switch beginning - it's set up to appear that those two guys were the ones that killed Adam Levine and then Bloody Face shows up.

Those humanoid monsters in the woods remind me of the running zombies from "28 Days Later".

Evan Peters character doesn't seem to have any side effects of the doctor repeatedly operating on his neck.

by Anonymousreply 20710/31/2012

I realize Sr. Eunice has a demon in her, but Lily Rabe is pushing the overacting dial towards eleven.

by Anonymousreply 20810/31/2012

Lily Rabe is awesome, I cackled whenever she was on screen this episode. This show really is a get drunk and watch shit fly show.

by Anonymousreply 20911/01/2012

It's funny because after the first episode, I was complaining that there wasn't enough gore or scary factor in the show.

Now, I feel that there's too much gore. The scene with Lily Rabe stabbing the religious Mexican lady was just so over-the-top, and gratuitously violent.

Yes, I get it that it's supposed to be the devil doing it, but still.... it was so graphic, even for a horror fan like me. I guess I should stick to Scooby Doo, because the show left me with a headache. Seriously.

I also agree that veteran actors such as Lange and Cromwell shouldn't be reduced to doing scenes that are more appropriate for shock schlock.

It's strange, but I thought that there was much more acting involved in Season 1, than there is in Season 2.

I think that rather than bringing actors "down" to the horror genre, the writing should ELEVATE the actors, regardless of genre.

One could argue that AHS put Lange back on the map, but this season could bring her right back down, simply due to the grotesque and graphic violence, and the unbelieveable storylines.

There is absolutely a way to create fear, suspense, and drama, without going the overtly violent route, and I thought that last season did it much better than this season.

It's odd that I, as a horror fan, would object to the gratuitous violence, but I think one of the things that I appreciate about great writing, is the ability to make the story scary and suspenseful, without beating you over the head with it.

I hope this stupid devil storyline doesn't continue, because then I won't be able to continue watching the show. It's just too much for me, and as I mentioned before, it leaves me with a headache.

by Anonymousreply 21011/01/2012

I thought Lange was pretty amazing in her drunk scene. LOL with her speech before they started the movie. And they showed Sign of the Cross..

"Can it wait? This is where they kill the Christians."

by Anonymousreply 21111/01/2012

No Evan Peters ass last night.

by Anonymousreply 21211/01/2012

Jessica Lange, Lily Rabe and Chloe Sevigny were phenomenal this episode (#3 "Nor'easter").

Lange's two money scenes - the telephone scene w/ her alone in her office and the drunken scene before the movie - were poignant, heartbreaking and disturbing. She was riveting.

Rabe was on fire as a hot nun with a lust for sin and Sevigny sublime.

More of these ladies, please!

by Anonymousreply 21311/01/2012

Do the people who think this season sucks know that the season hasn't ended?

by Anonymousreply 21411/01/2012

r209 and r213 get it.

The naysayers don't.

by Anonymousreply 21511/01/2012

So now there are FOUR Bloody Faces? I love it.

What was that thing that Sister Jude bumped into in the hallway? Another Bloody Face?

I'm surprised at how much I'm enjoying ZQ. He usually leaves me cold. Will Mark Consuelos have a major role? He only had one line last night unless I'm missing something. I'm assuming that Ryan Murphy is a VIP in the Andy Cohen/Kelly Ripa/Anderson Cooper clicque?

by Anonymousreply 21611/01/2012

[quote] What was that thing that Sister Jude bumped into in the hallway? Another Bloody Face?

I thought it was an alien. Will have to watch that scene again.

by Anonymousreply 21711/01/2012

I thought it was an alien too, R17. I love how crazy this show is - all over the place. I hope it doesn't disappoint in the end. What I love most is figuring out the horror movie mash ups. There's The Exorcist, and now last night Aliens and Boxing Helena. What else?

by Anonymousreply 21811/01/2012

During the "OMG, this has gone too far!" scene set in 2012 I was reminded of "Scream."

by Anonymousreply 21911/01/2012

Evan Peters discusses flashing his balls to Jessica Lange and Sarah Paulson...

by Anonymousreply 22011/01/2012

lily rabe is a DELIGHT this season!

by Anonymousreply 22111/01/2012

I love how Lily Rabe is doing this season just as much as last season. She seems to just not give a fuck in that she is going for broke in being just soo very theatrical. Love it.

Lily Rabe all Lily Rabe-ing balanced out the work Jessica Lange did for yesterday's episode really well. Their respective acting styles complimented one another and Ryan Murphy knows what he is doing on that end really well.

Love it.

The whole manner in which Lily Rabe had her character roll her head around a bit while she was seemingly fully possessed by Satan was a great tell. Any time Lily Rabe got to Lily Rabe-ing, she had that little head roll. It was like on last season when Jessica Lange's character had that hangup with touching her earrings in certain hard core scenes. I love those kinds of things.

by Anonymousreply 22211/01/2012

r222 is a genius!!

by Anonymousreply 22311/01/2012

For a horror fan like me, this show packs so much value into every 45-minute episode. I mean, old-school electroshock therapy, slasher kills, exorcism, body horror (amputation scene, which really I could have done without; I love Chloe and the scene was painful to watch, which was its point, one supposes), alien abduction...all in the first three episodes!

Also, love Lange and Rabe. Wish they'd brought back Kate Mara, too. I thought she was a hoot last season as Hayden.

by Anonymousreply 22411/01/2012

I found the end kind of confusing. So Kit and the 2 girls were chased back into the Asylum by the creatures and are then seen sitting in their chairs again watching the film. But didn't Zach Quinto already alert the orderly that they were gone?

This season is a lot harder to follow than last season because there are so many characters and a lot of rushed editing. You need a DVR rewind to figure out all that's going on.

Despite that I was absolutely glued to the screen and thoroughly enjoyed the episode.

by Anonymousreply 22511/01/2012

Looks like Lana Banana has a thing for Grace. There will probably be an awkward scene at some point where she leans in for a kiss, only to be rebuffed because the feelings aren't mutual.

by Anonymousreply 22611/01/2012

[quote]I found the end kind of confusing. So Kit and the 2 girls were chased back into the Asylum by the creatures and are then seen sitting in their chairs again watching the film. But didn't Zach Quinto already alert the orderly that they were gone?

It was a joke, they were dripping wet and no one noticed. Who's running the Asylum? Get it? I laughed all thru last season and there is as much humor this year, Possessed Lily, not wanting to leave the movie as the Christians are being eaten...

by Anonymousreply 22711/01/2012

[quote] But didn't Zach Quinto already alert the orderly that they were gone?

By the end, there were still three inmates (patients?) missing... Pepper, Shelley and the Mexican lady. So the three who tried to escape and had returned were in the clear as far as being suspected of fleeing.

by Anonymousreply 22811/01/2012

I thought last night's episode was kind of filler, but I suspect it'll get better.

by Anonymousreply 22911/01/2012

Lilly Rabe is seriously kicking ass this season along with CS and Jessica Lange.

So I guess it's safe to assume that the creatures are zombies....right?

by Anonymousreply 23011/01/2012

Rabe was solid last season. She was getting on my nerves the first two episodes but after her "possesion"? Wow!. She was fantastic.

And Lange's drunk "You'll never walk alone" scene = Another Emmy nomination.

by Anonymousreply 23111/01/2012

I didn't know that Pepper was not really played by a pinhead person. I thought it would be so cool if a real person with that condition had been cast. Oh well.

by Anonymousreply 23211/01/2012

[quote]a pinhead person

Microcephalic is the correct term.

by Anonymousreply 23311/01/2012

Jessica ran into an alien last night in the hallway. I paused my DVR to make sure.

by Anonymousreply 23411/01/2012

[quote]This show really is a get drunk and watch shit fly show.

Exactly. R224 gets it, too.

If the show gives you a headache, by all means, please stop watching it.

by Anonymousreply 23511/01/2012

jessica drunk on her butt

"The Sign of the Cross starring Miss Claudette Colbert as Empress Poppaea....or... Poppeea.... however you say it."

by Anonymousreply 23611/01/2012

Lily looks more and more like her mother every time I see her.

by Anonymousreply 23711/01/2012

What was it Sister Jude said about Charles Laughton?

by Anonymousreply 23811/01/2012

R238, it was just something innocuous such as "the incomparable Charles Laughton".

by Anonymousreply 23911/01/2012

Poor Chloe, paying tribute to Brown Bunny and Boxing Helena in one episode.

This show terrifies me, but in a good way. I constantly ask myself: This is on television, for real?

by Anonymousreply 24011/01/2012

[quote]I constantly ask myself: This is on television, for real?

Me too R240.

by Anonymousreply 24111/01/2012

I'm glad Sister Jude is falling off the wagon. It's more like her Constance character from season one.

Now will one of you run up to the Koreans and get me some chocolate chips and a pack of Pall Malls?

by Anonymousreply 24211/01/2012

no she added something a little under her breath R239, implying he was a big 'mo

by Anonymousreply 24311/01/2012

The way he defaced the Virgin Mary statue and called her a "Whore" was shocking. I doubt enough Christians watch this show, though, to cause a big enough stink over it.

by Anonymousreply 24411/01/2012

She said he was "a big whoopsie."

by Anonymousreply 24511/01/2012

I said the same thing "is this really on tv?!?" last night. The Blessed Mother lipstick scene shocked me and I'm not even religious!

by Anonymousreply 24611/01/2012

I'm going to find the Mexican now.

by Anonymousreply 24711/01/2012

I guess we found the Mexican

by Anonymousreply 24811/01/2012

"This will either be the beginning of a wonderful new tradition....or just another bitter disappointment"

by Anonymousreply 24911/01/2012

Jessica said that she's leaving the show after this season. I think they should replace her with Judy Davis.

by Anonymousreply 25111/01/2012

[quote]So I guess it's safe to assume that the creatures are zombies....right?

Well after last night's preview of next week, I'm thinking they might be his experiments gone wrong.

by Anonymousreply 25211/01/2012

How old was Jessica's character suppose to be during those night club days? I missed the premiere, did they say how long she's been a Nun?

by Anonymousreply 25311/01/2012

I think the newspaper with the girl's death was from 1949. The main story is set somewhere between 1961-1963, because the priest mentioned Kennedy being president in the pilot. So however old, I guess she's supposed to be around 12-14 years younger in the flashbacks. I'd say makeup did a good job. But then they did last year too.

by Anonymousreply 25411/01/2012

I initially thought that the creatures were some sort of experiments the Dr. was working on, but now I'm more inclined to think that his experiments are just zombies.

by Anonymousreply 25511/01/2012

I thought the asylum story is set in 1964?

by Anonymousreply 25611/01/2012

Thank you r254. I ask because I had the opposite reaction to her make up. Though she looked so much older in the flashbacks then the "present". I wasn't clear on the timeline and thought I missed something during the first episode.

by Anonymousreply 25711/01/2012

Ah, I do think it said 1964 on the premiere. The priest's reference to Kennedy was probably a "God rest his soul" type reference.

by Anonymousreply 25811/01/2012

[quote]I initially thought that the creatures were some sort of experiments the Dr. was working on, but now I'm more inclined to think that his experiments are just zombies.

Yeah but he has Lily feeding them, as though he felt some responsibility. If they were Zombies, why would he care?

by Anonymousreply 25911/01/2012

R259 I think it's some sort of vaccine that he uses to bring them back to life and he needs to feed them because he is trying to strengthen the creatures so that he can use them for some purpose.

by Anonymousreply 26011/01/2012

R251 Even though Judy Davis is one of the biggest Bitches to ever have walked the very face of the Earth itself, she would be very good in a third season of this show.

Kathy Bates is my top dream casting pick for a third season but she has been in ill health, though. That opening skit at the Emmy's proved that Kathy Bates is almost reaching some sort of iconic status within the world of acting or maybe pop culture. A lot of people think that Kathy Bates is just really cool.

Who knows? Maybe next season will be about Lily Rabe and her Lily Rabe-ing? She is quite good.

by Anonymousreply 26111/01/2012

I think Sister Eunice is the girl Sister Jude hit with her car. No proof, just a feeling.

by Anonymousreply 26211/01/2012

I love Jessica Lange & Lily Rabe - brilliant! Lots of creepy & funny stuff in this episode - loved it! And it was a weird & funny coincidence that a Nor’easter was in the show while just a day earlier a freak hurricane hit in real life.

by Anonymousreply 26311/01/2012

Where the fuck is pretty girl though???

by Anonymousreply 26411/02/2012

It's pretty clear after the previews for next week that the Doctor is a Nazi scientist a la Mengele, and the creatures are his experiments gone wrong - the "orphan" dead who've turned up missing from the hospital.

So to recap we have:

Nazis doing fucked-up medical experiments

Nuns in red lingerie

Satan/possession

Aliens/implantation

Lesbians (played by real-life lesbians!)

Nymphomaniacs (now legless)

Serial killers who mutilate their victims and wear their skin as masks

Interracial marriage in 1964

and gay Zach Quinto as the hero

All in only 3 hours/episodes so far!

I can't believe this is on basic cable TV!

by Anonymousreply 26511/02/2012

Where will season 3 be set?

American Horror Story: Opera House

American Horror Story: Prison

American Horror Story: Navy Ship

by Anonymousreply 26611/02/2012

American Horror Story: Gay Bar

by Anonymousreply 26711/02/2012

[quote]A lot of people think that Kathy Bates is just really cool.

Yeah, a lot of REALLY FUCKING OLD people do.

by Anonymousreply 26811/02/2012

r261, if you have personal experience with judy davis's bitchery. please share.

by Anonymousreply 26911/02/2012

I missed the latest episode,Why did the Dr. cut off the nympho's legs and did they show the monsters roaming in the courtyard?

by Anonymousreply 27011/02/2012

I can almost see them doing a Glen or Glenda thing with the Doctor.

The messed up mutant things reminded me of Thaddeus in season one.

I was howling throughout "You'll Never Walk Alone".

Next series should be Cronenbergy 80's horror.

by Anonymousreply 27111/02/2012

American Horror Story: Jersey Shore

by Anonymousreply 27211/02/2012

r270 Dr. Adler amputated Shelley's legs below the knees (not sure if it was only a dream?) as a revenge for her laughing at his small dick.

And they showed partial glimpses of the monsters when Kit, Grace and Lana were escaping and ran into them, causing them to beeline back into the asylum.

by Anonymousreply 27311/02/2012

If Connie Britton's Nashville series tanks, maybe she'll come back for season three.

by Anonymousreply 27411/02/2012

I want to see more of Sister Jude drunk on communion wine. I fucking love this show.

by Anonymousreply 27511/02/2012

Chloe Sevigny Promises ‘Tragic’ Change on American Horror Story

by Anonymousreply 27611/02/2012

r193 = Gavin Creel

by Anonymousreply 27711/02/2012

Ultimately, Dr. Arden and Sister Jude will team up to battle the evil Joseph Finnes, right?

by Anonymousreply 27811/02/2012

American Horror Story: The Real Housewives of Atlanta

by Anonymousreply 27911/02/2012

Are you serious, R268? You sounds like a deranged idiot.

by Anonymousreply 28011/02/2012

I was not aware Kathy was so acclaimed in H'wood either.

by Anonymousreply 28111/02/2012

R280, no one under the age of 50 even knows who Kathy Bates is.

by Anonymousreply 28211/02/2012

Really, R282? Because I'm only 49 and know who Kathy Bates is. I also have friends who have worked with Kathy on "Harry's Law" who are in their early 30s and they know who Kathy Bates is.

Anyone who has seen James Cameron's "Titanic" knows who Kathy Bates is.

by Anonymousreply 28311/02/2012

Anyone who's seen 'Misery' knows who Kathy Bates is, and that's a lot of fucking people.

by Anonymousreply 28411/02/2012

Yes, there are Kathy Bates fan clubs sprouting up in high schools and colleges across the country.

by Anonymousreply 28511/02/2012

I'm only 35 and I know who Kathy Bates is and so do people younger than me.

by Anonymousreply 28611/02/2012

Lily Rabe is proving herself to be an absolute riot on this show. I love the whole "Lily Rabe-ing" thing as well. I cannot even remember the last time I saw an actress that young just go straight for the rafters on t.v. the way Lily Rabe has.

Hopefully she will fall pregnant with the spawn of Satan and Dr. Arden will deliver the baby.

I have two wild card guesses with this show. The first one is that maybe it will be Sarah Paulson's character who Sister Judge ran over when she was drunk off her ass.

The second wild card guess is that I don't see how this show will have a third season unless Ryan Murphy finds someone really good to take over the gap Jessica Lange will leave. I'd like to see Michelle Pfieffer (sp?) or Sissy Spellcheck fill that gap. Kathy Bates is a very fine character actress but as someone mentioned upthread she is truly ill.

by Anonymousreply 28711/02/2012

"Sissy Spellcheck"? I'm sorry, but that made me laugh out loud. Unintended I'm sure, but hilarious! It sounds like something Emory would've said in The Boys in the Band.

Where has it been announced that Jessica Lange isn't coming back for another season? I was under the impression that she was having the time of her life on this show. And, let's face it, she's well on her way to another Emmy with this season.

Kathy Bates is a treasure of an actress and seems like a class act all the way around. A friend of mine worked with her on "Six Feet Under" and said she was incredibly gracious. And she was brilliant in Misery among many other films.

by Anonymousreply 28811/02/2012

There are rumors that Ryan Murphy wants S3 to revolve around a ballet school and be a season-long homage to Dario Argento's SUSPIRIA and 60s/70s Italian giallo horror, though he said in that EW interview that SUSPIRIA is now an influence for this season, as well, and you can certainly sense/see it. We'll see what happens.

I actually love the idea of AMERICAN HORROR STORY: OPERA as suggested above, though. There are a million possibilities for that idea. Wouldn't it also be great for them to do a season in early America, maybe involving American Indian ghosts and such ala THE VILLAGE? Remember they already had that Roanoke flashback.

Did anyone else notice that the way the girl was murdered in the 40s flashback with Sister Jude was the same way Addie died - exactly the same, actually? I wonder if Sister Jude and Constance are related somehow... sisters? Mother/daughter? Lots of possibilities.

by Anonymousreply 28911/02/2012

It just dawned on me...is it possible that Sister Jude is experiencing a Shutter Island thing? It would be stupid, but in the fucked up world of Ryan Murphy anything's possible.

by Anonymousreply 29011/02/2012

It would be a tidier knot to wrap this season up with compared to last year, I think? I can't even remember how last year's ended.

by Anonymousreply 29111/02/2012

What is the deal with Joseph Fiennes character?

Is he the token Ryan Murphy homosexual character - or will that turn out to be Zach Quinto?

OR BOTH? TOGETHER??

by Anonymousreply 29211/02/2012

I swear every week (especially this season) everyone involved sits down and say "we want to produce a show for (me)." It's so deliciously ridiculous and over the top I swear if I could write, direct, and cast a show, this would be it.

I really enjoyed last season, but this season seems even better to this mid-life (elder?) gay. As soon as the sexually voracious demonically possessed nun showed up after two episodes featuring high quality man ass, I immediately forgave Ryan Murphy for every season of Nip/Tuck after season 2, and for Glee after season 1.

by Anonymousreply 29311/02/2012

Link to said "high quality man ass", R293.

I've been watching but haven't seen any yet - maybe next week if Mark Consuelos gets nekkid.

by Anonymousreply 29411/02/2012

I don't get why Joseph Fiennes is second in the credits. I guess he's a big "name", but he wasn't in this week's ep at all. If anyone, Sarah Paulson seems to be the most protagonist-ish (so far).

by Anonymousreply 29511/02/2012

[quote]I can't even remember how last year's ended

Turn in your fucking gay card.

by Anonymousreply 29611/03/2012

Was Mr. Ripa even in it this week?

by Anonymousreply 29711/03/2012

[quote]Was Mr. Ripa even in it this week?

Yes, he was in the audience at the movie and had one line. His story line of who he is and why he is there is coming up. He wanted to shave his head but they said no, his greasy hair is slicked back.

by Anonymousreply 29811/03/2012

What is that record they play non-stop in the activity room for the asylum inmates?

by Anonymousreply 29911/03/2012

for r299

by Anonymousreply 30011/03/2012

I don't know but that song freaks me out.

It sounds like music designed to make you go crazy.

by Anonymousreply 30111/03/2012

R299 It's called "Dominique" and was recorded in the 60's by some French nun. That's all I know.

by Anonymousreply 30211/03/2012

The feature article that Entertainment Weekly magazine ran at the beginning of September gave away what the creatures in the woods are.

I guess I won't specify what they said because some people posting here are enjoying the speculation. But since the show runners gave it away in an interview before the season started, I'm wondering why the reveal has been so secretive on the program.

by Anonymousreply 30311/03/2012

[quote][R299] It's called "Dominique" and was recorded in the 60's by some French nun. That's all I know.

Jenine Deckers (aka the Singing Nun) and "her campanion" both committed suicide over this song.

by Anonymousreply 30411/03/2012

Lily Rabe is an awesome actress, but I'd always assumed she was 45+ yrs old not in her early 30s. This season I had to look up her age because I thought she was looking so much fresher...really a fantastic character actress.

by Anonymousreply 30511/03/2012

Party in da club!

by Anonymousreply 30611/03/2012

I thought that article said yes there are aliens but I didn't think the aliens are the creatures in the woods

by Anonymousreply 30711/03/2012

that song outsold Elvis?!!!

by Anonymousreply 30811/03/2012

I forget what happen to Sarah Paulson's girlfriend....was she killed?

by Anonymousreply 30911/04/2012

Yes, she was killed by "Bloodyface". So we know that Evan Peters is not the killer since he was in the asylum during the killing.

by Anonymousreply 31011/04/2012

R302, she was Belgian.

by Anonymousreply 31111/04/2012

The Singing Nun committed suicide!!!

by Anonymousreply 31211/04/2012

Can't wait for Wednesday night when Anne Frank checks into Briarcliff Manor!

by Anonymousreply 31311/04/2012

Really r313?

by Anonymousreply 31411/04/2012

She's in the attic!!! She's in the attic!!!

by Anonymousreply 31511/04/2012

Wow, R312! If only someone had told R304 about that! Geez.

by Anonymousreply 31611/04/2012

Well, lazy fuck, you obviously read earlier posts ON THIS PAGE, but I guess your little brain started smoking before you got too far. Why do read any of the posts at all if you're just here to type any lame shit that pops into your mind?

by Anonymousreply 31811/04/2012

So far the aliens look visually like The Silence race from Doctor Who (when they were introduced in Doctor Who the general population forgot to have ever met or seen them the moment they took their eyes away from them).

by Anonymousreply 32011/04/2012

The alien part of the story this season bores me.

by Anonymousreply 32111/04/2012

bump

by Anonymousreply 32211/04/2012

"Charles Laughton, a wonderful actor and he was a big whoopsie"

Jessica's line made me laugh.

by Anonymousreply 32311/04/2012

[Quote]The alien part of the story this season bores me.

All 45 seconds of it. Take your meds before you start bouncing off the walls.

by Anonymousreply 32411/04/2012

That song makes me wonder if they are alluding to Jessica Lange's upcoming suicide on the show.

by Anonymousreply 32511/04/2012

Would love to see the next horror story set during the Civil War. So rich in material that has gone mostly unused, unlike WWII which has been mined to death for its stories.

by Anonymousreply 32611/04/2012

good call, r326!

by Anonymousreply 32711/04/2012

Ryan says any subject is possible for the show except vampires. They ought to ape Stephen King's The Stand and do an apocalyptic thing with supernatural elements. Not zombies though because it'd look like they're copying The Walking Dead.

by Anonymousreply 32811/05/2012

I'm hoping for season 3 to be African-American Horror Story.

by Anonymousreply 32911/05/2012

I wanna see Lily Rabe in afro puffs and hot pants!!!

by Anonymousreply 33111/05/2012

lol R331!

by Anonymousreply 33211/05/2012

Evan Peters could rock a big fro and some bellbottoms.

by Anonymousreply 33311/05/2012

Nene could join in on the fun!

by Anonymousreply 33411/05/2012

As long as she was murdered in the intro of the first episode R334.

by Anonymousreply 33511/05/2012

Lol R335

by Anonymousreply 33611/05/2012

Jessica is doing just fine, unsurprisingly, and even Sarah Paulson isn't annoying me as she usually does...but I'm still not really digging this season. The cheesy music punctuating the scenes is ruining a lot of it for me. I'm going to give it a chance though..I didn't really get into season 1 until around episode 4 or so.

by Anonymousreply 33711/05/2012

Lana Banana's plight totally freaks me out. I must have been wrongly imprisoned in a previous life.

by Anonymousreply 33811/05/2012

If Lange leaves, Cherry Jones could take over.

by Anonymousreply 33911/05/2012

R338, Lana Banana's plight should freak EVERYBODY out. Being locked up with the criminally insane and subjected to ECT when there's nothing wrong with you... the horror!

by Anonymousreply 34011/05/2012

Lange ain't going nowhere, she's announced nothing. She's no fool. Both characters are fantastic and completely different. It's a few months work with good pay and she's showered with praise and awards. She'll be back.

by Anonymousreply 34111/05/2012

And even if she left, at this point faded super-talents would be jumping at the chance to get rediscovered by Ryan. He'd pretty much have his pick.

by Anonymousreply 34211/05/2012

I'm enjoying this series more than the last.

by Anonymousreply 34311/05/2012

Best show on televison.

by Anonymousreply 34411/07/2012

Boy, that Kit is a "quick" fuck. Maybe they need to treat him for premature ejaculation.

by Anonymousreply 34511/07/2012

James Cromwell is really ruthless and creepy.

Hard to square his Nazi doctor with this.

by Anonymousreply 34611/08/2012

The casting of young Cromwell was shockingly good.

by Anonymousreply 34711/08/2012

I just can't get into this season... Too violent and disjointed.

by Anonymousreply 34811/08/2012

The Homosexual Aversion Therapy was heartbreaking because generations before us were subjected to this, in the name of science, medicine or religion.

by Anonymousreply 34911/08/2012

i know

by Anonymousreply 35011/08/2012

C'mon no one watched last night?

by Anonymousreply 35111/08/2012

Agree r349---I was almost in tears watching that. It is just so sad that science and medicine actually thought that we could be "cured" by such barbaric methods. Thankfully, we live in a little bit more enlightened times.

by Anonymousreply 35211/08/2012

[quote] It is just so sad that science and medicine actually thought that we could be "cured" by such barbaric methods. Thankfully, we live in a little bit more enlightened times.

If my wife had been elected President, we would have brought that treatment back!

by Anonymousreply 35311/08/2012

Sarah Paulson was standing right behind Obama during his acceptance speech Tuesday night. She's in the beige jacket just to the left of him.

by Anonymousreply 35411/08/2012

A theory I first considered a couple of weeks ago and that I think might definitely be the case after last night: Dr. Thredson is the Killer of Women.

I noticed that when Sister Jude was talking to the detectives and one of them suggested that the real killer had a background in medicine, we immediately cut to a shot of Dr. Thredson about to begin his aversion therapy.

by Anonymousreply 35511/08/2012

Can you watch episodes online somewhere?The official website only seems to have clips.

by Anonymousreply 35611/08/2012

I laughed how Kit was kinda admitting he might have done it and saying "creatures like that could be real" and Lange looks away for a second.

by Anonymousreply 35711/08/2012

good call r355.

by Anonymousreply 35811/08/2012

R356, you can watch episodes via iTunes...

by Anonymousreply 35911/08/2012

This show is supposed to be funny, right?

by Anonymousreply 36011/08/2012

[quote]This show is supposed to be funny, right?

Absolutely,in parts.

by Anonymousreply 36111/08/2012

I had to turn it off last night during the long aversion therapy sequence. It was so extended and so horrible. I just don't want to see people get tortured on the screen, and I don't at all get the people who enjoy watching shit like that.

by Anonymousreply 36211/08/2012

R347, that was James Cromwell's son. According to Ryan Murphy, Cromwell himself suggested that they hire his son because "he looks just like me."

by Anonymousreply 36311/08/2012

Yeah, R355 -- good call, indeed!

Maybe that's why Quinto - that doctor therapist, or the rapist, wants to get Lana Banana out so badly -- because he wants to skin her & cut off her head.

And I, too, felt horrible during the aversion therapy, but that dude who helped was hot - so I also felt guilty.

by Anonymousreply 36411/08/2012

[quote]I just don't want to see people get tortured on the screen, and I don't at all get the people who enjoy watching shit like that.

Who said they ENJOYED it? It a part of our history that is hidden. I'm sure millions of people last night had no idea anyone had to endure that. It was amazing TV, as serious as a heart attack and important too.

by Anonymousreply 36511/08/2012

Interesting that the Dr. chose such a pretty, long-haired man to help with the "conversion" therapy.

Surely hair like that wasn't very common in 1964?

by Anonymousreply 36611/08/2012

Is Zachary Quinto Cuban?

by Anonymousreply 36711/08/2012

Interesting theory about Quinto's character.

by Anonymousreply 36811/08/2012

there was something creepy about the way he was during the "therapy" sessions.

by Anonymousreply 36911/08/2012

this show is getting more interesting

by Anonymousreply 37011/08/2012

What about the use of Anne Frank? I'm not convinced it's the REAL Anne Frank although the new patient was tattooed with a number.

by Anonymousreply 37111/08/2012

r371, but she - whoever she is apart from Franka Run Lola Run Potente! - saw the doctor in that camp. I don't even want to imagine what horrors he did to that poor Jewish boy twins.

The overall theme of the episode was interesting, too. Who CAN you trust about what he claims to be or know?

by Anonymousreply 37211/08/2012

Just caught the latest episode and I have to say that I didn't like this season at first, but now, I'm loving it. I really missed Constance, but now I'm getting a real kick out of the empathy we're made to feel for Sister Jude. I can't wait to see how this season unfolds.

by Anonymousreply 37311/08/2012

[quote]I just don't want to see people get tortured on the screen, and I don't at all get the people who enjoy watching shit like that.

Oh, shut the fuck up, Mary Fraubag.

by Anonymousreply 37411/08/2012

One thing I didn't get. In Grace's final flashback (after Kit reads her file), why is her step-mother seen killing her father with the axe? I thought the reveal was that Grace did the murders.

by Anonymousreply 37511/08/2012

If Thredson is Bloodyface that will be an interesting twist. After Arden attacked that prostitute I thought he might be the killer. He's probably a red herring though. Before you suggested Thredson I didn't think of him as a possibility.

by Anonymousreply 37611/08/2012

R375, it was Grace. The step-sister walked in on them just as Grace plunged the axe a'la Lizzie Borden into daddy dearest.

by Anonymousreply 37711/08/2012

Bloodyface has blue eyes; Thredson's eyes are brown.

by Anonymousreply 37811/08/2012

Bloodyface is the Monsignor...

by Anonymousreply 37911/08/2012

[quote] Bloodyface is the Monsignor...

That's what I was thinking, too.

by Anonymousreply 38011/08/2012

Good catch, r378. I had forgotten about the eye color. Interesting theory, r379. Monsignor is most certainly not a good man; after all he knows that Arden is up to something bad and warned him about cleaning up his mess. I'll switch my vote to the Monsignor.

by Anonymousreply 38111/08/2012

When does 11/7 episode repeat?

by Anonymousreply 38211/09/2012

Ah, the Monsignor is also a good theory. Especially now that we know he is in collusion with Dr. Arden.

So far I have to say that I much prefer this season to the first. The writing is so on point.

by Anonymousreply 38311/09/2012

Could the Monsignor be the 'Max Zorin' to Thredson's 'Dr. Carl Mortner' from 'James Bond: A View to a Kill'?

Could the Monsignor be a 'success' which Thredson tries to replicate or recreate?

by Anonymousreply 38411/09/2012

The guy who plays the guard of the Asylum is Lazenby from Ordinary People!!!

by Anonymousreply 38511/09/2012

I recognized him as the Yellow Eyed Demon from Supernatural.

by Anonymousreply 38611/09/2012

Well said, R365.

by Anonymousreply 38711/09/2012

I recognized him as Arthur Dales from X-Files.

by Anonymousreply 38811/09/2012

I'm late to the party....Why is Sarah Paulson in the Asylum?

by Anonymousreply 38911/10/2012

She was a reporter who was going to do an expose about the asylum and Lange had her detained and then went to her lover and blackmailed her into committing her.

by Anonymousreply 39011/10/2012

how'd Lange black mail her?

by Anonymousreply 39111/10/2012

Lange threatened to go to the lover's school where she was a teacher and expose the love that dare not speak its name. Remember, it was the early 60's.

by Anonymousreply 39211/10/2012

I agree the aversion therapy scene went on too long.

by Anonymousreply 39311/10/2012

Was anyone expecting ZQ to pull out his cock during the sexual aversion session?

by Anonymousreply 39411/10/2012

Quinto's character is probably going to be based on Buffalo Bill from Silence of the Lambs. There's a reason he wants to spring Lana Banana, and it's probably a sinister one.

by Anonymousreply 39511/10/2012

I wish Zach had pulled out his cock.

by Anonymousreply 39611/10/2012

I've seen Lily Rabe onstage several times and have never cared for her. I have to say that I've really enjoyed her work this season as well as last season on AHS. She really brings on the crazy almost as well as Faye Dunaway at her peak. However, like Dunaway I don't know that she'll ever be able to play anything besides brittle and cold.

by Anonymousreply 39711/12/2012

Is season 1 even available on netflix? I don't have FX anymore so I'm dying to see the new episodes but FX must be keeping a tight grip on the rights or something. I can get seasons 1 and 2 of the Walking Dead on netflix now so I'm not sure why FX won't let go.

by Anonymousreply 39811/12/2012

Torrents, R398. That's how I have to get it. FX Canada is limited to a few cable stations, not including mine.

by Anonymousreply 39911/12/2012

Don't know about Netflix, but it is available on Amazon Instant Video and on iTunes.

by Anonymousreply 40011/12/2012

I can watch it live, but I usually wait and download it because it's on so late, I can't watch it with the big speakers on without risking other people in the house getting mad about the volume. And I like to give the show the full theater treatment. So I wait and download a HD copy, and usually watch it on Saturday or Sunday.

by Anonymousreply 40111/12/2012

r384 here. I am terribly sorry for mixing up Quinto's Thredson character with James Cromwell' Arden character.

Could Monsignor Timothy Howard (AND/OR Oliver Thredson) be Arden's creation based on his researches from Arden's Nazi past? Maybe showing the little boy twins in Arden's flashback was a clue in that direction?

Thredson is deffo up to no good, trying to convince Kit to be the serial killer, dragging Lana through aversion therapy.

by Anonymousreply 40211/12/2012

For those of you who find torrents scary, try searching for a direct download link at filestube-dot-com. It will take a while longer though.

by Anonymousreply 40311/12/2012

Actually it'd be faster than torrents if you subscribe to a cyberlocker or two. It's a nominal fee, and often it's the only way to get a show in HD, TV shows are often only released as standard def dvds. I don't know if ASH was released on bluray but I've got every episode of it collected in HD.

I recommend Rapidgator as a relatively fast free service if you want to go that route.

by Anonymousreply 40411/12/2012

Or, you know, you could just pay $1.99 to download it legally from Amazon.

by Anonymousreply 40511/12/2012

HD episodes are $3 a pop, a mere $40 for a full 13 episode season. No thanks, I'll stick to filestube.

by Anonymousreply 40611/12/2012

Or you could rent the Blu-Rays from Netflix.

by Anonymousreply 40711/12/2012

What became of the now legless nympho?

by Anonymousreply 40811/12/2012

I saw Sister Jude and Lana-banana this morning. They were having coffee talk and had their dogs with them.

by Anonymousreply 40911/12/2012

How fucking old are you people who don't know where to stream it? And r407 blueray is the fucking current day laserdisc; congratulations on wasting so much money on a doomed before it got out of the gate media format. Physical media is dead.

by Anonymousreply 41011/12/2012

Angry much, r410? Maybe you should go to some sort of rage management class.

by Anonymousreply 41111/12/2012

Jessica was positively charming with Jimmy Kimmel tonight.

by Anonymousreply 41311/13/2012

WHere, r409??

NYC?

LA?

by Anonymousreply 41411/13/2012

R410 and 412 - if you don't live in the U.S., then torrents are about the only way to get the show if you don't get it on cable. Unless you use a proxy to get the U.S. content, which is a hassle and doesn't always work.

by Anonymousreply 41511/13/2012

Bloody Face's eyes are abnormally blue, so he could be an experiment of Dr. Arden's. Remember poor Chloe's condition...

by Anonymousreply 41611/13/2012

dylan mcdermott's eyes are strikingly blue.

by Anonymousreply 41711/13/2012

will there be a link, r413?

by Anonymousreply 41811/13/2012

McDermott is supposed to appear on the show this season so maybe he is bloody face. Dr. Arden told Shelly that the shot he was giving her would make her live forever, so that explains how bloody face can still be around nearly 50 years later.

by Anonymousreply 41911/13/2012

Supposedly, Bloody Face will be revealed in this upcoming second part of I Am Anne Frank.

And, r411, yes, I do need a rage management class, but no one will let me take one because I haven't beaten anyone to a pulp yet.

by Anonymousreply 42011/13/2012

[quote] What became of the now legless nympho?

She made a memorable appearance at the end of the episode, with "Anne Frank" and the doctor in his lab.

by Anonymousreply 42111/13/2012

In L.A. R414. On the lot where the show is filmed. They were near their trailers.

by Anonymousreply 42211/13/2012

thanks, r409. what kind of dogs?

by Anonymousreply 42311/13/2012

One looked like a standard poodle. The other some sort of spaniel, I think.

by Anonymousreply 42411/13/2012

I didn't like the 1st episode but I finally sat down and caught up over the weekend, and I have to say I love this season more than the 1st. Probably because the peripheral actors from season 1 are getting the juicy roles in this season. Jessica Lange is a much better main character than Dylan McDermott, and Lily Rabe is quickly becoming one of my favorite people. I loved her transition from the soft, weak character to the steadily growing more evil nun possessed by the devil. Evan Peters has a much, much better role (Tate was a horrific and unappealing character) and looks hot as shit. Quinto is just plain evil and I believe he will get worse as the show progresses. Even the Ann Frank character is a weird and wonderful addition. James Cromwell is at his absolute best, and it's about time he got a nice, juicy role like this.

It seems as if now that the show is grounded in reality (moreso than the 1st) and it takes place in an insane asylum in the 60's instead of a haunted house in modern day LA, there are more liberties they can take that will work.

Do you think Francis Conroy will be back this season? I wish she would have played the Mother Superior or something.

by Anonymousreply 42511/13/2012

[quote]Do you think Francis Conroy will be back this season?

She'll be back a few episodes from now. She plays a "very nice" character who hasn't any far out conflict like how her character did last season.

That's all I'll say.

by Anonymousreply 42611/13/2012

AWESOME!! thanks for the scoop, r426!

by Anonymousreply 42711/13/2012

Thanks r426.

by Anonymousreply 42811/13/2012

Do you work on the show, R426? Do I run into you on occasion in the cafeteria or at the Watertower?

by Anonymousreply 42911/13/2012

I didn't get the sense that Thredson is evil - I thought that he was sincere in his declaration to help Lana. I thought he was trying to help Kit come to grips with his mental issues.

How is Thredson's evilness shown?

by Anonymousreply 43011/13/2012

even though his therapy to try to 'de-gay' her was par for the course for those times, there was something creepy and lascivious about the way he was looking at her.... and it just makes sense that the only 'seemingly decent' character will turn out NOT to be.

by Anonymousreply 43111/13/2012

R430 - you have watched horror movies and thrillers before, right? The one who seems like the good guy never is; he's usually the one doing with some 'surprising' ulterior motive.

by Anonymousreply 43211/13/2012

So Bloody Face is going to be revealed tomorrow. Who does everyone think it'll be? My money's on Zachary Quinto, possibly with some multiple personality issues. I think he'll attack Sarah Paulson after he helps her escape.

Either that, or Joseph Fiennes. He hasn't had much to do yet to qualify for his second billing status.

by Anonymousreply 43311/13/2012

Fiennes character is protecting the doctor, so I wonder if he knows what he's doing (the experiments)?

Not sure who bloody face is. Could be Quinto, just because Quinto went to Lana banana's place. I know it was under the guise to give the girlfriend a message, but I still wonder if he's not going to have some dissociative disorder, etc.? I can't help but think it won't be who you think it is - it never is.

by Anonymousreply 43411/13/2012

Well, first of all, I don't believe Thredson is "the only 'seemingly decent' character": Lana certainly is, for one thing. (And Kit may be another, and certainly seems to be at this point.) But Thredson only gave Lana the aversion therapy at her own suggestion: she didn't think Sister Jude would believe her as cured of her lesbianism unless he made a sincere go at it with the techniques people thought would work at the time, which was aversion therapy.

by Anonymousreply 43511/13/2012

Yes, R435, but Thredson wants Lana out of the asylum - he stated he won't leave her there. So, what's his motive? Is he just a decent professional who recognizes the injustice occurring? You can't assume that with a show like this.

by Anonymousreply 43611/13/2012

I'm gonna go out on a limb and predict that the Monsignor has a twin brother...who the Dr, experimented on, and the twin is Bloody face.

by Anonymousreply 43711/13/2012

I read a preview for the last episode and it said Famke was guest starring as Anne Frank. What a let down when it was boring Franka Potente. Ryan Murphy needs to bring Ava Moore to the asylum.

by Anonymousreply 43811/14/2012

Good one R437 - I was going with Quinto all along, but I like your suggestion. They did, after all, make a big deal out of the twin boys last week and, so far, we really haven't seen that much of the Monsignor (top billing and all...)

by Anonymousreply 43911/14/2012

I don't like it more than last season, but I like it considerably more than I thought I would after the first episode.

by Anonymousreply 44011/14/2012

But the good doctor also promised to get Kit out too didn't he? It's not like he's only set his sights on Lana. Could it turn out that he does have other intentions but that there will be an odder twist than that he wants to hack somebody up? Someone at work suggested that maybe he is a reporter himself and perhaps after the aversion therapy episode, a pervert.

by Anonymousreply 44111/14/2012

Ha - remember Murphy's clue about this season from season one? He specifically said he buried a clue in the 11th episode where Vivien gives birth. Vivien gave birth to twins, remember? So, what's the connection? Is there one?

R441 - did he offer to get Kit out, or just offer to keep Kit from getting condemned to the electric chair by declaring him insane?

by Anonymousreply 44211/14/2012

One of Viv's twins, btw, was the 'evil' one (Tate's).

by Anonymousreply 44311/14/2012

Interesting, r437.

It is a fact that Dr. Mengele specifically did select twins to perform experiments on.

From Wiki: At Auschwitz, Mengele did a number of studies on twins. After an experiment was over, the twins were usually killed and their bodies dissected. He supervised an operation by which two Roma children were sewn together to create conjoined twins; the hands of the children became badly infected where the veins had been resected; this also caused gangrene.

The subjects of Mengele's research were better fed and housed than ordinary prisoners and were, for the time being, safe from the gas chambers, although many experiments resulted in more painful deaths. When visiting his child subjects, he introduced himself as "Uncle Mengele" and offered them sweets. Some survivors remember that despite his grim acts, he was also called "Mengele the Protector".

Cromwell's character is easily based on Mengele - who was still alive and in hiding in 1964.

by Anonymousreply 44411/14/2012

omg so awful to be reminded of his crimes/

by Anonymousreply 44511/14/2012

BLOODY FACE will be revealed as *** SPOILERS ***

Dr. Thredson (Quinto), mark my words.

Bloody Face is a skinner, too. Remember when Thredson referred t famed psychologist, B.F. Skinner?

'Nuff said.

by Anonymousreply 44611/14/2012

Me no likey 446.

by Anonymousreply 44711/14/2012

That was one of the less bothersome sections of his wiki entry, r445. There are Nazis, and there are Sociopath Serial Killers. Mengele was worse than a Nazi.

by Anonymousreply 44811/14/2012

Ryan Murphy claimed that the (returning) actors play characters who are the opposite from last season. My English is bad on that and I am sorry.

This makes me think that Zachary Quinto's character is not "Bloody Face."

I have a tin hat wearing theory that Jessica Lange's character is a patient at the asylum having a delusion and that the characters who are playing the patients are actually the asylum's administration. There could be a twist where she comes out of it and Lana could be a nurse and Kit could be an orderly and so on. Who knows? It is just a tin hat theory.

My one question is where is Pepper? She had to pee and never returned. It would be funny if the Mongoloid met up with Pepper and dragged her back to the asylum or something.

by Anonymousreply 44911/14/2012

[quote] My one question is where is Pepper? She had to pee and never returned. It would be funny if the Mongoloid met up with Pepper and dragged her back to the asylum or something.

She's back...at some point.... because I saw the actress in full make-up on the lot this past Monday.

by Anonymousreply 45011/14/2012

r449, nice...but, ummm...didn't Shutter Island already do that?

by Anonymousreply 45111/14/2012

Thredson has brown eyes - Bloody Face has blue eyes. Seeing as though they didn't have coloured contacts in 1964, I don't think it is him. My money is on the Monsignor. You're welcome.

by Anonymousreply 45211/14/2012

I love the twin theories. Thredson and the Monsignor as twins on divergent (on the surface) but rapidly intersecting evil paths?

by Anonymousreply 45311/14/2012

[quote] Thredson has brown eyes - Bloody Face has blue eyes. Seeing as though they didn't have coloured contacts in 1964, I don't think it is him. My money is on the Monsignor. You're welcome.

Joseph Fiennes doesn't have blue eyes either.

You're welcome.

by Anonymousreply 45411/14/2012

Ok so the French chick, Sevigny and Dr. Nazi are the only ones with blue eyes so far, right?

by Anonymousreply 45511/14/2012

why isn't there a new episode tonight???

by Anonymousreply 45611/14/2012

[quote]I have a tin hat wearing theory that Jessica Lange's character is a patient at the asylum having a delusion and that the characters who are playing the patients are actually the asylum's administration.

I saw that movie. Leonardo DiCaprio was great in it.

by Anonymousreply 45711/14/2012

Isn't there, R456? According to IMDB there's supposed to be.

by Anonymousreply 45811/14/2012

Damn Lange, I swear during that whole Squirrel monologue, I could see her Mother and the box, she told that story brilliantly.

by Anonymousreply 45911/14/2012

[quote] Ok so the French chick, Sevigny and Dr. Nazi are the only ones with blue eyes so far, right?

The French chick has green eyes, not blue

by Anonymousreply 46011/14/2012

[quote] why isn't there a new episode tonight???

It is a new episode. Are you on crack?

by Anonymousreply 46111/14/2012

Kudos, 446

by Anonymousreply 46211/14/2012

damn, we guessed it early on and then others said no convincingly.

by Anonymousreply 46311/14/2012

I'm finding this much scarier than the first season.

B.F. Skinner... very clever.

by Anonymousreply 46411/14/2012

Chloe climbing the stairs was crrreeeeeeeepy

by Anonymousreply 46511/14/2012

R459 She was brilliant!

Dr. Threadson is one sick fuck, he made Dr. Arden look normal.

by Anonymousreply 46611/14/2012

I loved the original series. This one blows. Too sick. Anyone agree?

by Anonymousreply 46711/14/2012

Yes, Lange is truly brilliant. It doesn't matter what character she's playing, I believe every word that comes out of her mouth.

by Anonymousreply 46811/14/2012

That was really disturbing.

by Anonymousreply 46911/14/2012

[quote]This one blows. Too sick. Anyone agree?

No Dear, it's called American HORROR Story, not American Musical Comedy Story. These two seasons are better than any theatrical horror film released in years.

by Anonymousreply 47011/15/2012

Just give Jessica Lange the damn award RIGHT NOW.

by Anonymousreply 47111/15/2012

I love this show. Sister Jude and her fanboy henchman! But please let the Nazi bite the dust in a really satisfying way.

by Anonymousreply 47211/15/2012

I am so happy for Jessica Lange she has so deserved this chance to show everyone what it means to be a great actress.

Amusing that her bar scene was intercut with the lobotomy scene seeing how she had her own on screen lobotomy in Frances.

Also loved the moment when the guard told her he thought that being a woman in charge she never had a chance. So many horrors in life big and small.

by Anonymousreply 47311/15/2012

The shot with Grace in the corner of the cell and the Dr in just silhouette was amazing. I was not expecting the floor to open up either.

by Anonymousreply 47411/15/2012

Wat did Arden do to Chloe's character's face to make it look that way?

by Anonymousreply 47511/15/2012

This episode was such a downer.

by Anonymousreply 47611/15/2012

awesome show im a big fan so fuck yall haterrrzzzz

by Anonymousreply 47711/15/2012

@ZacharyQuinto: now everyone knows.

by Anonymousreply 47811/15/2012

Add me to the Jessica Lange devotees. The drunken speech was just amazing, but I was ready to applaud after tonight's squirrel story. Give her all the awards.

I hope she changes her mind about not returning for a third season. She is putting on an acting clinic.

by Anonymousreply 47911/15/2012

They should have called this season "American Tortureporn Story."

I liked the show last season because I like ghosts and being creeped out. But this season has far too many excruciating scenes of people being tortured and hideously mutilated. Not for me.

by Anonymousreply 48011/15/2012

I love Jessica Lange – brilliant, yet again! During that squirrel speech I wanted to give her a big ol’ hug.

And there’s a bit of Ed Gein in Dr. Thredson – skin lampshades, skull bowls – no nipple belt though.

by Anonymousreply 48111/15/2012

Well when Murphy reveals he really reveals!

by Anonymousreply 48211/15/2012

OK this proves I am older but.. who else recognized the music during Jessica's scene in the bar? Alfred Newman's beautiful main theme from THE DIARY OF ANNE FRANK.. He should have won the Oscar for that score.

by Anonymousreply 48311/15/2012

Ed Gein, Silence of the Lambs, Stepford Wives - add those all the list...

by Anonymousreply 48411/15/2012

[uote]Wat did Arden do to Chloe's character's face to make it look that way?

He injected her with something.

[quote]OK this proves I am older but.. who else recognized the music during Jessica's scene in the bar? Alfred Newman's beautiful main theme from THE DIARY OF ANNE FRANK.. He should have won the Oscar for that score.

They've infused classic movie music from the first episode where Lana enters the asylum to the theme fom "Carrie".

[quote]Ryan Murphy claimed that the (returning) actors play characters who are the opposite from last season. This makes me think that Zachary Quinto's character is not "Bloody Face.

Ah ha, but Quinto's character wasn't evil and not a killer until he moved in and became part of the house.

by Anonymousreply 48511/15/2012

So Bloody Face wants to shut down the asylum in order to take it over?

by Anonymousreply 48611/15/2012

WEHT Mark Consuelos?

by Anonymousreply 48711/15/2012

For a gay writer/director Murphy hasn't had much in the way of gay content this season except for the seemingly platonic relationship between Lana and her now former girlfriend.

by Anonymousreply 48811/15/2012

What was the music that played during the last scene with Ann Frank and her husband? It played a little bit before that, too. It was like that music they used to have on Ed Wood movies.

by Anonymousreply 48911/15/2012

[quote] So Bloody Face wants to shut down the asylum in order to take it over?

No. He doesn't care about shutting down the asylum. That was just a ruse to get Lana on his side and out of there.

by Anonymousreply 49011/15/2012

[quote]For a gay writer/director Murphy hasn't had much in the way of gay content this season except for the seemingly platonic relationship between Lana and her now former girlfriend.

Platonic? They lived together. Lana was kidnapped right away and her partner murdered. Did you want a big love scene first?

by Anonymousreply 49111/15/2012

Thredson wants the asylum for some reason.

by Anonymousreply 49211/15/2012

Loved the reveal - they really took their own sweet time with that one.

by Anonymousreply 49311/15/2012

[quote] Loved the reveal - they really took their own sweet time with that one.

Actually it came about 2 episodes sooner this season that last season's reveal of who "Rubber Man" was.

by Anonymousreply 49411/15/2012

Was the post-lobotomy sequence with Anne Frank and her husband supposed to be a dream or real?

by Anonymousreply 49511/15/2012

I think it was supposed to be real, based upon the zoom in at the end to the photo that proved she was right about Arden.

by Anonymousreply 49611/15/2012

Poor Lana Banana. If she wasn't a lesbian before, she certainly is now.

by Anonymousreply 49711/15/2012

jessica.

lange.

is.

a.

goddess.

by Anonymousreply 49811/15/2012

OMG the labotomy scenes OMG OMG OMG

by Anonymousreply 49911/15/2012

Now it makes sense what the possessed boy said about Dr Thredson. "I see what you've become, I'm glad I gave you up."

by Anonymousreply 50011/15/2012

Oy that labotomy scene my gawd almighty

by Anonymousreply 50111/15/2012

@ R494 - I was writing about the leisurely pace of the reveal (Rubber Man's reveal happened in something like 45 seconds).

@ R500 - I guessed Threadson after that episode w/ the possessed kid, but wavered after folks began talking about Bloody Face's blue eyes.

by Anonymousreply 50211/15/2012

Jessica Lange.

That is all.

by Anonymousreply 50311/15/2012

I'm with you, R480. I watched the original series 3 times and enjoyed it each time. This season is just so relentlessly grim that I haven't even bothered to watch the last 2 episodes yet.

by Anonymousreply 50411/15/2012

Brilliant directing last night, and fantastic performances by Lange and Quinto. But I agree that this season is too dark. I hope they pull back next season and go more old school horror.

by Anonymousreply 50511/15/2012

I bet the aliens turn the table on Arden and he becomes their test subject for experiments.

Thredson must live in a mansion or something when he can do all of his murderous work at home without neighbors getting suspicious.

I wonder if Lange's character this far in the season is considered one of the good guys or one of the bad guys? Or more of a bad guy on the way to redemption?

by Anonymousreply 50611/15/2012

[quote]Thredson must live in a mansion or something when he can do all of his murderous work at home without neighbors getting suspicious.

They were all too busy hiding in their own Bomb Shelter to notice.

by Anonymousreply 50711/15/2012

Thredson's lab/torture chamber reminds me of the the torture dungeon in Girl with the dragon tattoo, Swedish version.

by Anonymousreply 50811/15/2012

[quote] Thredson must live in a mansion or something when he can do all of his murderous work at home without neighbors getting suspicious.

Or he could live on the outskirts of town, with no neighbors near enough to know anything's going on.

by Anonymousreply 50911/15/2012

I don't think Lana Banana is doomed. Threadson wants her to tell his story, so she'll be around for a bit and I'm sure will figure a way out, and will probably be able to save the day. I wouldn't be surprised if at some point she actually joins forces with Sister Jude to expose the asylum, Dr.Arden and everything else.

by Anonymousreply 51111/15/2012

I have to wonder whether the Emmy voters are really going to be able to sit through a lot of this to get to Lange's scenes; so much of it really is torture porn this year.

by Anonymousreply 51211/15/2012

[quote]Thredson's lab/torture chamber reminds me of the the torture dungeon in Girl with the dragon tattoo, Swedish version.

Hanging plastic and tile walls and floors, always in a basement. Yick. I've actually had nightmares about being trapped going thru room after room like that. It seems like some primal horror that pings with everyone. I wonder why?

by Anonymousreply 51311/15/2012

[quote]so much of it really is torture porn this year.

Then, please, stop watching and stop posting here.

by Anonymousreply 51411/15/2012

I'm convinced that Ryan Murphy is a sadist after this season.

by Anonymousreply 51511/15/2012

There was a scene where a car was passing by in front of Thredson's car with Lana sitting in it and the driver obviously had looked in her direction and seen her. Wonder if there's any significance to it.

by Anonymousreply 51611/15/2012

"Then, please, stop watching and stop posting here."

Who says so besides just you? If other people don't like the way the show is going they have every right in the world to express their opinions, just like everyone else.

This is not a fan forum, and no one put you in charge of anyone.

by Anonymousreply 51711/15/2012

oh dear. r517.

mary.

by Anonymousreply 51811/15/2012

r517, I think the problem are posters who go 'I hate this and that and if this and that continues I will stop watching the show' for the whole season. It's like they need an audience for their big drama exit and have not yet amassed the crowd they hoped for.

by Anonymousreply 51911/15/2012

Love the show, but yeah, it gets a little hard to watch at times this season. Scenes like the lobotomy and the protracted aversion therapy session really got to me. No moments like that in season one that I can recall.

I'm really rooting for Lana Banana now. I want her to be the hero of the story, escaping evil Thredson's clutches and exposing the asylum for what it is.

by Anonymousreply 52011/15/2012

R517, I just get really tired of people who come on here to endlessly bitch about a show. We're already five episodes in, so if you don't like it, why keep watching? I don't understand.

by Anonymousreply 52111/15/2012

I'm with r521.

by Anonymousreply 52211/15/2012

The show just got renewed for a third season and it's been confirmed that Jessica Lange will be back.

by Anonymousreply 52311/15/2012

It could just be Jessica Lange, but I'm really rooting for Sister Jude. I think it's pretty clear she's the heroine of the show now (albeit with very questionable judgement). From the teaser, she'll find out next week that Arden is a Nazi.

by Anonymousreply 52411/15/2012

The show is really doing a job trying to show what is "evil" and the different variations.

by Anonymousreply 52511/15/2012

I love that Sister Jude unleashed a Nazi hunter. If Murphy writes him to true-to-life, he'll be a badass that will make life very difficult for Arden. Can't wait for that.

by Anonymousreply 52611/15/2012

R526, from the couple of seconds we saw in the teaser, it looks like the Nazi Hunter might meet an unfortunate demise next week.

by Anonymousreply 52711/15/2012

[quote]so much of it really is torture porn this year.

I love Horror Movies but I hate Torture Porn such as the "Saw" and "Hostel" films. TP villians kill for the fun or pleasure, here The Nazi Dr and even Bloody Face, no matter how evil or miguided are considering themselves doing a service. For me I haven't even thought this was torture porn for a second.

[quote]I'm really rooting for Lana Banana now

NOW? How could you not root for her from the first half hour when she was kidnapped and confined to an insane asylum?

by Anonymousreply 52811/15/2012

BREAKING!!!! Jessica Lange will return!! The actress signs for season 3 of AMERICAN HORROR STORY!!!

by Anonymousreply 52911/15/2012

[quote] m convinced that Ryan Murphy is a sadist after this season.

I was convinced of that after the first episode of GLEE.

by Anonymousreply 53011/15/2012

They chose a new tack this season with all the torture and the sadism, and it's hard for many people to take. I think you can be a fan of this series overall (since it changes every season, and because the acting is so good) and still think that this season they've taken a wrong direction, and hope that next season they get back on track again.

by Anonymousreply 53111/15/2012

How are the ratings for this season compared to the first?

I do think they'll go in a more traditional, gentler direction next season. Another season of torture and viewers will stop watching. I suspect that Jessica Lange is over the dark violence of this season.

I heard that Murphy wants to set next season in a dance academy, reminiscent of the movie Suspiria. Jessica Lange would play the Joan Bennett role.

by Anonymousreply 53211/15/2012

[quote] I suspect that Jessica Lange is over the dark violence of this season.

Why are you "suspecting" for Jessica Lange? She signed for a third go 'round. And for the record, the first season was no "G" rated romp with Casper The Friendly Ghost.

by Anonymousreply 53311/15/2012

That would be cool. Suspiria messed with my head. TBH, I don't really understand Dario Argento's vision of horror.

by Anonymousreply 53411/15/2012

[quote] How are the ratings for this season compared to the first?

The ratings for the show's second season, "American Horror Story: Asylum," are impressive, showing double-digit growth in every demographic compared to its predecessor, "American Horror Story," including the coveted 18-49 demo.

by Anonymousreply 53511/15/2012

I was horrified by Anne Franks lobotomy. Is that really how they used to be done - going through someones eye? I'd think that the eye would burst/rupture if it was poked with a pointy instrument, and the person would lose that eye.

by Anonymousreply 53611/15/2012

R536 - you must immediately rent FRANCES and see it happen to Jessica Lange.

Yes, pre-orbital lobotomy was the norm until the 70s, when the practice was deemed "barbaric".

by Anonymousreply 53711/15/2012

[quote]I heard that Murphy wants to set next season in a dance academy, reminiscent of the movie Suspiria. Jessica Lange would play the Joan Bennett role.

AMERICAN HORROR STORY: DANCE MOMS

starring

JESSICA LANGE

as Abby Lee Miller

by Anonymousreply 53811/15/2012

The third season will be called AMERICAN HORROR STORY: SPARKLE MOTION.

by Anonymousreply 53911/15/2012

They device would go around the eye, not actually penetrating the eye itself but going in through the socket near the tear duct.

by Anonymousreply 54011/15/2012

I suspect that Jessica only agreed to come back for a third season if Murphy agreed to tone down the dark violence next time.

by Anonymousreply 54111/15/2012

I suspect you're wrong, R541.

by Anonymousreply 54211/15/2012

Why wouldn't Lange want to be on the edgiest show on TV? She is well into her 60s and has the role of her lifetime on a well-received hit water-cooler type show that also pushes the envelope as much as HBO even though it's basic cable. What is there to complain about? Nothing.

Some of the Mary!s in this thread are hilarious. Miss Lange AIN'T YO MAMA, Mary! Let a girl work!

by Anonymousreply 54311/15/2012

[quote] Why are you "suspecting" for Jessica Lange? She signed for a third go 'round. And for the record, the first season was no "G" rated romp with Casper The Friendly Ghost.

The difference for me was that Season One was fun, campy horror. That's why we liked it so much. Murder House is something that everybody has in their town - that scary old house with all the legends, handed down through the generations.

Then the cast of revolving characters were witty and at times funny, even though the premise of the story was horror. I dunno, it just had a different vibe last season.

This season is much darker, less funny, and has a weird tone. And between the Nazis, the devil, the Silence of the Lambs serial killer, and the aliens, it just seems like the story is more convoluted and all over the place.

It's depressing to think that the show is becoming like the later seasons of Nip/Tuck, where things went downhill rapidly with ridiculous storylines.

What I liked about the title "American Horror Story" is the thought that the seasons would explore classic American horror - unique and specific to this country.

We have so many interesting and creepy local tales, and it would provide such rich material for the show.

Instead of focusing on one story, and telling it to perfection, he throws everything into the mix, including the kitchen sink. That's really what makes this season so hard to watch.

I honestly thought Jessica would sign off of next season, simply because the storylines have gone so far over the edge. I mentioned this before, but even though the show revived her career, ridiculous storylines and bad scripts could just as easily make her a laughingstock.

I hope that Murphy doesn't do that to her.

by Anonymousreply 54411/15/2012

This season is sacrilegious. I hate to say it, but it's borderline demonic. I'm not an evangelical or anything like that, but Murphy seems to be picking a fight with religion this season. Why put this kind of darkness out into the world? What purpose does it serve to see people tortured and mutilated?

by Anonymousreply 54511/15/2012

I caught that, R516, and wondered that too.

by Anonymousreply 54611/15/2012

[quote] What I liked about the title "American Horror Story" is the thought that the seasons would explore classic American horror - unique and specific to this country.

I can think of few things more horrifying than the thought of spending time in an American mental institution, regardless of the decade.

by Anonymousreply 54711/15/2012

[quote]What I liked about the title "American Horror Story" is the thought that the seasons would explore classic American horror - unique and specific to this country.

What it does is explore classic American fears: school shootings, abortion, kinky gay sex, alien abductions, demonic possession, serial killers, miscegenation, etc.

by Anonymousreply 54811/15/2012

Because its a fucking horror show, hence the use of the word in the title.

by Anonymousreply 54911/15/2012

No kidding, R549. Apparently, some people are so put off by the horror and gore they want it to be 'American Kittens and Puppies Story'.

by Anonymousreply 55011/15/2012

[quote] What it does is explore classic American fears: school shootings, abortion, kinky gay sex, alien abductions, demonic possession, serial killers, miscegenation, etc.

Sorry, but that's just not as interesting as a good old fashioned spooky tale. No need to overcomplicate the matter, which is what Ryan Murphy always tends to do - OVERCOMPLICATE.

The Walking Dead is so successful because the writers never forget what the show is about - WALKING DEAD ZOMBIES. Simple and to the point.

That said, I would love to see Season 3 of American Horror Story set in Colonial America. Jessica Lange would just KILL acting out a 17th Century colonial woman. I know she would.

I would love to see her set as a Massachusetts witch. Now THAT would be perfect for Halloween, and it's a story that's not often told.

Living in the 1600's in Massachusetts alone, would have been creepy with so much open woodlands and dark forests.

Then you have the Native Americans, and the constant attacks, not to mention their own superstitions.

I love our Colonial American period, and Season 3 set in Salem, Mass would be perfection.

by Anonymousreply 55111/15/2012

[quote]Sorry, but that's just not as interesting as a good old fashioned spooky tale.

Uh...okay, but that's what the show's always been since the first episode.

by Anonymousreply 55211/15/2012

[quote] No kidding, R549. Apparently, some people are so put off by the horror and gore they want it to be 'American Kittens and Puppies Story'.

Don't be ridiculous. Nobody is saying that. All we're saying is that the "horror" is gratuitous and violent. We can read about that shit on the internet - we don't need to see it acted out.

The point is that we want to be spooked and creeped out, but not traumatized.

by Anonymousreply 55311/15/2012

How dare people criticize this show! The point is only to support and like it! We must all think with one supportive mindset or we are bad posters.

by Anonymousreply 55411/15/2012

[quote]The Walking Dead is so successful because the writers never forget what the show is about - WALKING DEAD ZOMBIES. Simple and to the point.

There have been long stretches of boredom in epiodes "The Walking Dead". There hasn't been a second of boredomon this show.

[quote]Sorry, but that's just not as interesting as a good old fashioned spooky tale. No need to overcomplicate the matter, which is what Ryan Murphy always tends to do - OVERCOMPLICATE.

Because this season is about MADNESS. And madness is scarier than any Ghost because its real.

by Anonymousreply 55511/15/2012

I’m not a big fan of torture porn, but I really like this season so far. The violence hasn’t been all that gratuitous, in my opinion.

I thought the lobotomy scene, for example, was necessary in order to show how evil Dr. Arden is, and I was pleasantly surprised that they weren’t as graphic as they could have been. They could have shown an icepick going into the eye socket, with much more blood, etc. but they didn’t, because the suggestion was all that was needed. They showed the doctor getting ready to do it, added some strategic cuts to the scenes, and you’re mind fills in the rest.

I thought the opening credits were more disgusting, since they show an eye oozing blood – which makes me cringe every time.

by Anonymousreply 55611/15/2012

R545, if you haven't already picked up on it by now, the horrors of AHS: Asylum serve as extreme parables for the horrors bedeviling modern American society. The patients/inmates, chiefly women, being deprived of their freedom, caged, strapped down, ECT'd, lobotomized, sterilized, hobbled, etc., at the hands of deranged patriarchal males and the religious hypocrite (Sister Jude), reflect what is happening in American socio-politics today with straight, white, Christian evangelical male politicians enacting legislation restricting women's reproductive rights and gay marriage. But, I don't think Murphy & Co. are being entirely anti-religious -- Sister Jude (religion) seems to be more sane, trustworthy and less horrifying than Drs. Arden and Thredson (science).

by Anonymousreply 55711/15/2012

Cheers, R557!

by Anonymousreply 55811/15/2012

R557 makes some great points. Jude is truly trying to be better and seems to be sincerely religious--her seeking the advice of her Mother Superior is one of the most important scenes of the season because it shows that Jude is sincere in her religion and guilt and wants to atone for her sins (though true atonement requires penance to those who've been wronged, which would mean turning herself in to the po-po for the car accident, but I digress....Jude's human). As previously stated, the abuses that used to go on in the mental health field are not often talked about and this show is, in its strange way, reminding people of them in a pretty realistic fashion. I'm speaking specifically about the ECT, aversion therapy and lobotomy scenes.

by Anonymousreply 55911/15/2012

My god, some of you sound like fucking fossils. You want a cleaned-up season three set in the 1600s. Jesus Fucking Christ!

by Anonymousreply 56011/15/2012

Fanboy needz:

@MrRPMurphy Please, please, please do a "Prime Suspect" inspired 3rd season, with Jessica Lange as a Jane Tennison like character. @AHSFX

by Anonymousreply 56111/16/2012

I just want to acknowledge Jessica's hilarious yet accurate working class Boston accent. It tells us so much about who this woman is, where she came from, and what her life was like before she took the veil.

Let's see Meryl try to pull that one off. I actually wonder if Jessica isn't slyly parodying Meryl's working class nun accent from DOUBT.

by Anonymousreply 56211/16/2012

The Zachary Quinto character is how I picture most Dlers? How many of you have women in your basements?

by Anonymousreply 56311/16/2012

oops that was a statement not a question

by Anonymousreply 56411/16/2012

[quote]The Zachary Quinto character is how I picture most Dlers? How many of you have women in your basements?

They didn't start off as women, hon.

by Anonymousreply 56511/16/2012

Most DL-ers WISH they had Thredson's house. Did you see that fireplace?!

by Anonymousreply 56611/16/2012

[quote] My god, some of you sound like fucking fossils. You want a cleaned-up season three set in the 1600s

What the fuck is wrong with a Salem Witch version of American Horror Story set in the 1600's? It IS Americana.

Most teens and 20-somethings today are so fucking clueless, that they literally have to be hit over the head with something, in order to understand it.

They don't get the fine art of subtlety, or the nuance of true horror. They want SAW, and Paranormal Activity, and all that other bullshit.

Shows like Twilight Zone and Night Gallery elevated horror and creepiness to an art form, through skillful writing and dialogue.

However, in this era of corporate Hollywood and perpetual sequels, younger audiences aren't satisfied unless they see actual bloody faces, and cut off legs, and eyes being poked out. That's the only way they'll ever be able to say..."oh, I get it!"

FUCKING DUH.

What today's young generation abundantly lacks is the ability to think critically. To derive the true meaning of something by using subtle contextual clues. As a teacher, I see this everyday - IN PRACTICE - so don't even try to spin this. It's a fact. Today's young generation is totally and absolutely clueless.

And the fact that television shows, movies, and technology panders to and perpetuates this cluelessness, makes the situation even sadder.

So bash all you want. This is the REAL reason why America is in decline. We've handed over the use of our brains, and let technology do our thinking for us.

by Anonymousreply 56711/16/2012

Quinto is such a dismal actor: he gives the same performance in everything. He's either cold and creepy or a bitchy queen.

by Anonymousreply 56811/16/2012

R567 - and people during the Salem witch time were - wait for it, wait for it - TORTURED!!! You act as if there was some spooky nuance about that time, when there wasn't. Never mind it was torture directed only at women, so it was misogynistic, too. Throughout history, the real 'horrors' have involved people being subjugated and tortured. Movies such as 'Saw' or 'Hostel' are gratuitously overboard in torture, but they represent things that actually have happened (and do happen) to people.

by Anonymousreply 56911/16/2012

R569... you are such an idiot that you don't even deserve a response. You are exactly the kind of people that I'm talking about. You don't get it, and you never will.

I'm tired of debating idiots.

Enjoy bloodyface and sister satan. It's the only thing you'll ever be able to comprehend.

by Anonymousreply 57011/16/2012

[quote]Movies such as 'Saw' or 'Hostel' are gratuitously overboard in torture, but they represent things that actually have happened (and do happen) to people.

Really? Most people were tortured for POWER. The people in 'Saw' or 'Hostel' are tortured for PLEASURE, big difference. That is not what is happening here.

by Anonymousreply 57111/16/2012

No, R570, you're the idiot who's romanticizing horror.

R571 - if you think, for example, there were some Nazis who didn't derive pleasure from what they did, then YOU don't understand pleasure and power are often intertwined - I'd venture MOST of the time. Even in Saw and Hostel, someone was deriving a sense of power from what was 'pleasurable' to them. And I do get what you're saying - this season is difficult to watch because of the imagery, and maybe it is gratuitous (believe it or not, I find it a little overboard myself). But it's more 'real' than some hocus pocus ghost story, and sometimes that 'realness' frightens people. Maybe it disgusts or sickens you, but it is eliciting a response of some sort, which it is supposed to do. You can watch actual footage of the Holocaust and get the same sense of dread and horror seeing all the dead bodies piled up in mass graves - these images are out there. Maybe you don't want to be reminded, but to some people this is more horrific than a ghost story. But we get it - not your thing.

by Anonymousreply 57211/16/2012

551 I posted upthread about setting AHS during the Civil War period for the same reasons. But with the added element of race prejudice and the horrors it continues to bring to this country. You could add the underground railroad and Jessica could be one badass abolutionist to give her the opportunity to play a hero from the start.

by Anonymousreply 57311/16/2012

568, I thought it was just me. He gives pretty much the same performance in everything. I pegged his character as the real killer about, oh, 10 minutes into his first appearance.

Love Jessica and Lily Rabe...nice to see Franka Potente. Still, this season...meh. Maybe I'll perk up if I get some Evan Peters and Dylan McDermott neKkidness.

by Anonymousreply 57411/16/2012

For those you that find this season to difficult to watch, please understand that you have paid Ryan Murphy the ultimate compliment by being horrified, he succeeded brilliantly by playing to humans worst fears.

Ghosts stories are entertaining because they titilate you, real horror reminds us of our past failings and force us to address just what a short time ago these horrors were inflicted and continue to inflicted today on people in many parts of the world.

The season has hit a nerve with many people.

by Anonymousreply 57511/16/2012

That's what I was trying to say, R575. I liked the first season a lot because I do love suspenseful ghost stories - those are actually my favorite. I don't particularly like 'torture porn', but I'm drawn to it not because I derive 'pleasure' from it (as is being implied), but because it's real. Bloody face isn't a myth - he's John Wayne Gacy, Joseph Mengele, Jeffrey Dahmer, Ed Gein... The horrors they inflicted are a lot more terrifying to me. I don't like watching it, but it definitely plays to a type of fear that is seeded deeply within all us. Well, except for people like Gacy, Mengele, et al. Liking this season, though, doesn't mean people are getting off of the visuals.

by Anonymousreply 57611/16/2012

Get off R567's lawn!

by Anonymousreply 57711/16/2012

Showing acts of torture and mutilation only serves to desensitize humanity. For some of you to suggest that it uplifts and empowers humanity is absurd.

by Anonymousreply 57811/16/2012

Would you old ladies please stick to the Lucy threads?

R567, I'm sure you are far too old to be a teacher, but if you are, I weep for your students.

by Anonymousreply 57911/16/2012

Who else wants to bet that R567 is the first one to make a sloppy, desperate move on an uninterested 19-year-old at a bar?

by Anonymousreply 58011/16/2012

Everybody knows the story of Salem, beginning, middle and ending.. Essentially an AHS set in Salem would be The Crucible redux. And a show set in colonial times in America would be far too limiting. AHS often exists in different periods of history. The anchor story has to be in modern day (or in 1964 for this season since those types of asylums are extinct).

Hardly anyone knows the story of the Insane Asylums in America. Though much of AHS Season 2 is torture porn, they're not far off. Most asylums were dumping grounds for the unwanted, including my great grandmother, who was dumped by her abusive husband into an asylum which still stands today and is by far the most horrifying derelict, vacant monstrosity I've ever seen in my life. There's a reason the asylums were shut down. Google Pennhurst Asylum for more info about man's inhumanity towards man.

Former asylums or sanitariums are high on the list of coveted places to investigate by paranormal researchers, along with prisons and old forts. As a paranormal enthusiast myself, I'm enjoying this season immensely because I understand that there is quite a bit of fact along with the fiction.

And then when you add in the Nazi concentration camp element, it's even worse. I think it's a really interesting addition. James Cromwell's character is basically a note for note recreation of the vicious Dr. Mengele, who's crimes are worse than anything they can actually show on network TV.

Having said that, last night's episode bordered on Hostel territory and that's the stuff that bothers me. Bravo for going there though, AHS. Naysayers, please stop watching or stop wasting your time commenting.

I hope an upcoming season is set in a Eastern State Penitentiary type prison.

by Anonymousreply 58111/16/2012

I like very much the idea of setting a new season during the American Civil War. I think a 19th century edition of AHS is a brilliant idea.

by Anonymousreply 58211/16/2012

19th Century New Orleans would be great. There's that creepy story of that cunt who mutilated all her slaves. Jessica Lang could be that cunt.

by Anonymousreply 58311/16/2012

[quote]19th Century New Orleans would be great. There's that creepy story of that cunt who mutilated all her slaves. Jessica Lang could be that cunt.

Madame Lalaurie. The house still stands in the Lower French Quarter, across the street from the Verti Marte deli and just up from the venerable gay wrinkle room The Golden Lantern.

by Anonymousreply 58411/16/2012

I don't give a shit.

I'm just going along for the ride this season no differently than I did last season.

Fuck it.

I haven't children at home and so I therefore don't give a shit about the supposed societal repercussions of a television program which literally has the word "horror" in its title. If someone lets their kids watch this then they are wrong. Me, I'm just going along for the ride like the Lesbian that I am. I pour a bourbon and sit down and enjoy this show with my cat.

R583 I like your idea better than the ballet studio idea Ryan Murphy has floated in the press.

by Anonymousreply 58511/16/2012

Do not label something Torure Porn if you have no idea what it is. This show is not Torture Porn.

by Anonymousreply 58611/16/2012

How does FX get away with this on basic cable?

by Anonymousreply 58711/16/2012

Have you never watched FX before, R587. ALL of their original programming is closer to HBO-type shows than TNT shows.

by Anonymousreply 58811/16/2012

I have watched it before and I had the same question.

by Anonymousreply 58911/16/2012

[quote] I'm just going along for the ride like the Lesbian that I am. I pour a bourbon and sit down and enjoy this show with my cat.

I love you, you ornery old dyke!

by Anonymousreply 59011/16/2012

[quote]Me, I'm just going along for the ride like the Lesbian that I am. I pour a bourbon and sit down and enjoy this show with my cat.

Bravo. I love you.

Gay men on this site may make incessant fun of MichFest, but 99% of us (excepting the few nutjobs like misshelenbedd) just adore lesbians when you get right down to it, and this is exactly why.

by Anonymousreply 59111/16/2012

HATED Season One - campy fun? It's called American HORROR story.

This season, he steals from every possible source he can, but at least it's creepy.

The only thing I miss about season 1 is Dylan's body.

by Anonymousreply 59211/16/2012

[quote]All we're saying is that the "horror" is gratuitous and violent. We can read about that shit on the internet - we don't need to see it acted out.

[quote]The point is that we want to be spooked and creeped out, but not traumatized.

I totally agree with this post. I find myself fast forwarding 5 times per episodes. Take the aversion therapy scene, it could have lasted 2 minutes less and the point would have been made. This is why it's gratuitous and useless, what's the point besides disgusting viewers? It IS torture porn.

Murphy did everything right in the first season and is doig everything wrong in this one. I watch solely for Jessica myself, but I won't put up with the horrible violence and stupid aliens etc crap. Easy solution: the ff button.

He'd better get his shit together for the third season.

by Anonymousreply 59311/16/2012

Season 2 > Season 1

By a lot.

And the ratings reflect that.

by Anonymousreply 59411/16/2012

He'd better, r593?

Or what?

You'll give him a piece of your mind?

by Anonymousreply 59511/16/2012

Or he'll lose viewers, moron.

by Anonymousreply 59611/16/2012

OMG. Some of the queens in this thread would probably faint reading Edgar Allan Poe. Give it a rest.

by Anonymousreply 59711/16/2012

R596, ratings are up for this season.

[quote]the show has increased its audience in every ratings category when compared with the first season, including a 19 percent jump in the advertiser-friendly 18-to-49 demographic, after DVR numbers are considered.

I'm going to guess it's been some time since you fell in the 18-49 demo.

by Anonymousreply 59811/16/2012

Call me, R585.

by Anonymousreply 59911/16/2012

Topped off!

by Anonymousreply 60011/16/2012
Need more help? Click Here.