Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Beverly Penberthy's Gay Nephew Is Taking Your Questions.

So what are your questions bitches?

by Anonymousreply 11904/30/2015

Do you know where I put my car keys?

by Anonymousreply 110/17/2012

Do you have a recipe for a clever dessert that isn't too fattening?

by Anonymousreply 210/17/2012

Is there life on other planets?

by Anonymousreply 310/17/2012

What are your measurements?

by Anonymousreply 410/17/2012

Who the fuck is Beverly Penberthy?

by Anonymousreply 510/17/2012

Aka Pat Matthews Randolph

by Anonymousreply 610/17/2012

r5, you must direct your question to Beverly Penberthy's Gay Nephew.

by Anonymousreply 710/17/2012

How good WERE Ada's sweet rolls?

by Anonymousreply 810/17/2012

It was so great to see your aunt on ATWT as Adelaide (SP?) Fitzgibbons.

by Anonymousreply 1010/18/2012

I was so happy when your aunt returned to AW in 1989 for the show's 25th anniversary.

It was great seeing Russ, Pat and Alice back, Aunt Liz, too.

I always felt that if Doug Marland had taken over AW around this time he would have re-strengthened the Matthews.

He would have given Pat or Alice another daughter and one of them would have gone on trial for killing someone, only the daughter did it.

That was one of his favorite storylines that he played out on GH (Lesley/Laura), GL (Jennifer/Amanda) and ATWT (Kim/Frannie.)

by Anonymousreply 1110/18/2012

What does it mean when my fecal matter appears green in color?

by Anonymousreply 1410/18/2012

Was your aunt there the same time as Cali Timmons? I always like Cali, and would love some gossip.

by Anonymousreply 1510/18/2012

Rumor has it that Harding LeMay wanted Bev back on the show when he started writing it again in 1988, and that Pat would be paired with younger man John Hudson (David Forsyth). But Bev's return was squashed by Donna Swajeski, who aced out LeMay after just a few months. Is this true?

I'd also be curious to know your aunt's impressions of Vicky Wyndham, Doug Watson and Beverlee McKinsey.

by Anonymousreply 1610/18/2012

Your aunt hated George Reinholdt. Well, everyone did but why did she call him out publicly so often?

by Anonymousreply 1710/18/2012

Are spiders attracted to cum?

(I'm actually asking that as a favor for another DLer.)

-thanks for you help

by Anonymousreply 1810/18/2012

by Anonymousreply 1910/18/2012

Why would LeMay have wanted Pat back on the show in 88? He was the one who reduced her role considerably during his 70s tenure to concentrate on Mac/Rachel/Iris. She has even said that he and Rauch never saw Pat as anything other than a "B" character.

by Anonymousreply 2010/18/2012

Whether Lemay saw Pat as a "B" character or not, R20, he did give her major story -- and he wanted to give her character what would have been an incredibly high-profile situation to play, as the mother of a gay character.

LeMay's 1988 story brought back a number of Frames, so it's not inconceivable that he might have revisited the Matthews as well.

by Anonymousreply 2110/18/2012

She may have felt that way at the end, but Lemay loved her. He didn't care for John all that much.

by Anonymousreply 2210/18/2012

Having said that, I think Bev was glorious. Because I have absolutely no life, I was watching an 81 episode of AW on youtube the other night. In it, she was supporting scenes centering around Russ's new wife Tracey, played by Janice Lynde. Nothing against Lynde, but Bev, with her understated, subtle acting, stole the scenes right out from under Lynde. She's was so good.

by Anonymousreply 2310/18/2012

a highlight for old AW fans was the show's 25th annivesary in 1989 when Pat, Alice and Russ all came back for a few shows.

Robert Delany, a severely re-written Gwen and even the ghost of Steven Frame returned.

Russ' daughter Olivia Matthews was introduced at this time, but it made no sense not to keep any of her aunts or her dad around.

I'll never understand how shows lose these core characters.

In the final weeks or months of GL, we saw the return of Ed and Phillip; Melinda Sue, Dylan and Holly made some guest returns; Billy and Vanessa re-married and Lillian went to Maureen's grave.

If HALF of that stuff had gone on in GL's final years, the ratings might have gone up and the show wouldn't have been axed.

by Anonymousreply 2410/18/2012

Actually, Swajeski did bring back David Bailey as Russ, tie him to the canvas via both installing him as Chief of Staff at the hospital and by revealing him as Josie's dad (thus making Olivia her half-sister) and even toyed with the idea of reviving Russ/Rachel in the wake of Mac's death. (Before ultimately going for Ken Jordan, instead.)

There were even some nice scenes with Jamie paralleling his own disintegrating marriage to Vicky with his mother's lies to Russ. (Jamie's suspicions that Stephen was actually Jake's son were driven by Rachel's having lied to Russ about his own paternity. The fact that Vicky named Stephen after Jamie's [real] dad, Steve, further paralleled Rachel's naming Jamie after Russ's dad, Jim.) So Swajeski did make a bit of an effort to reintegrate the Matthews family, but ended up preferring Frankie Frame and her own creation, Dean.

by Anonymousreply 2510/18/2012

[quote] I'll never understand how shows lose these core characters.

The longer an actor is on these type of shows, the more money they cost. When they axed Beverly Penberthy they were able to introduce black characters. Her salary covered three black actors, Petronia Paley, Michelle Shay and Bob Morgan.

Many times it is just not economical to keep someone one when their salary can hire four newcomers.

Also whenever a new headwriter comes in, they want to create their own characters. That is because of money. Whatever characters they create, if they catch on the writer receives royalties on the character.

Dorothy Ann Purser created the roles of Felicia Gallant and Cass Winthrop. Neither characters had roots in Cay City, but they were popular and kept money in Dorothy Ann Purser pocket for 17 years. Long after she left the show.

by Anonymousreply 2610/18/2012

R26, interesting, but getting rid of all the faves ends up killing the show.

then nobody gets any money.

I would have gotten rid of four other people to keep Pat Matthews.

Losing her was like ATWT losing Kim or GH losing Lesley or AMC losing Brooke.

by Anonymousreply 2710/19/2012

Billing on Another World was based on seniority.

Beverly Penberthy was the longest serving member of the cast when she was axed. But she didn't get top billing.

Vicky Wyndham and Doug Watson got billed 1st and 2nd, while Bev got third billing.

She had the most seniority, but wound up billed behind Vicky & Doug.

by Anonymousreply 2810/19/2012

Losing Iris to Texas had to save a lot of money.

I think of what Doug Marland did when he came back to ATWT -- he married off Bob and Kim, unifying the Hughes family, making it multi-generational -- from Chris and Nancy down to Andy and Frannie.

AW could have benefitted from a strong Matthews clan.

One of the reasons Alice had nothing to do when she came back in '84 was because most of her family was all gone.

by Anonymousreply 2910/19/2012

That practice started when Courtney and Reinholt received top billing, Doug and Vickie weren't the first.

by Anonymousreply 3010/19/2012

Was Sven scary in person, too?

by Anonymousreply 3110/21/2012

would your aunt have worn purple if she were on DAYS?

by Anonymousreply 3210/22/2012

Where is Bev?

by Anonymousreply 3310/27/2012

Hiding from Frankenstorm.

by Anonymousreply 3410/27/2012

Do you wipe front to back or back to front?

Do you know any of the Hell's Kitchen whores personally?

by Anonymousreply 3510/27/2012

Ah, well I guess I have a "twin" on this board as I did not start this thread. I'm flattered, but either way I'm going to visit my aunt tomorrow (she is selling her home) so if you all have any questions, ask away...

by Anonymousreply 3610/27/2012

from me, Real Nephew, just tell her that she was beloved as Pat and the show was never the same without her; in fact, her absence prompted me to turn off on any kind of regular basis and it was great that the show revisited the Matthews clan one final time with Russ, Alice and Pat in '89.

by Anonymousreply 3710/28/2012

To Real Nephew, the questions so far are at

R12 R13 R16 R17

Keep em coming DLers! We now have an official thread for Beverly Penberthy's Gay Nephew!

by Anonymousreply 3810/28/2012

Ok, my aunt had no problems with the lady that portrayed her mother. She thought her onscreen sister was fine- no gossip or problems there. The guy who played her father basically just phoned in his performances. He used to be in films, had a son late in life and did the soap to cover the bills. The lady who stole her onscreen husband retired from the business and is now a big shot realtor in the Hamptons. Two of her later onscreen love interest's were gay, but loved working with them. She never really had many scenes with Victoria Wyndham (they had opposite schedules), but thought she was nice enough- took her role very seriously and put up with a lot of crap from Steve Frame, the actor.

by Anonymousreply 3910/28/2012

[quote] Two of her later onscreen love interest's were gay, but loved working with them.

Well one of them was Paul Stevens who played Brian Bancroft. He later died of AIDS

Who was the other love interest that was gay?

by Anonymousreply 4010/28/2012

DO you go up into the man?

by Anonymousreply 4110/28/2012

R40, I believe it was that actor who had also played Ed Bauer on GL.

Can't remember his name. He played Phillipe on AW.

by Anonymousreply 4210/28/2012

Robert Gentry

by Anonymousreply 4310/28/2012

Robert Gentry

by Anonymousreply 4410/28/2012

Just to break it down

[quote]my aunt had no problems with the lady that portrayed her mother.

Virginia Dwyer

[quote] She thought her onscreen sister was fine- no gossip or problems there.

Jacqueline Courtney

[quote]The guy who played her father basically just phoned in his performances. He used to be in films, had a son late in life and did the soap to cover the bills.

Hugh Marlow

[quote]The lady who stole her onscreen husband retired from the business and is now a big shot realtor in the Hamptons.

Jennifer Leak

[quote] Two of her later onscreen love interest's were gay, but loved working with them.

Paul Stevens and Robert Gentry

[quote] She never really had many scenes with Victoria Wyndham (they had opposite schedules), but thought she was nice enough- took her role very seriously and put up with a lot of crap from Steve Frame, the actor.

George Reinholt

by Anonymousreply 4510/28/2012

Thanks nephew. Bev was my fav

by Anonymousreply 4610/28/2012

[quote]The guy who played her father basically just phoned in his performances. He used to be in films, had a son late in life and did the soap to cover the bills.

Hugh Marlowe certainly did "used to be in films" -- he was Lloyd Richards in "All About Eve". Not to mention (as he'd probably prefer) the rugged yet sensitive hero in "Earth Vs. The Flying Saucers" (1956).

by Anonymousreply 4710/28/2012

The first actor who played Jim Matthews as Sheppard Strudwick who also did films in the 40s and 50s.

by Anonymousreply 4810/28/2012

Thanks Bev's nephew. Appreciate your answers.

Here are some more questions for your aunt

1. What did the cast think of the expansion to 60 minutes in 1975? They were #2 in the ratings at the time. Were they excited? Did they resent the extra work? Did they get paid more for the additional work?

2. What did the cast think of the expansion to 90 minutes in 1979? They were at #8 in the ratings at that time. Did they think expanding was lunacy or brilliance? Did they resent the extra workload and all the extra characters brought in to fill 90 minutes of show?

3. What did they think of Pete LeMay getting fired just a month after going to 90 minutes? He'd helmed the show to great ratings and critical acclaim throughout the 70s. So what did they think of his getting canned.

4. What did they think of the Texas spin-off and losing Beverlee McKinsey?

5. What were her thoughts about potentially playing the mother of a gay son? Did she get wind of the plotline at the time? Or did she learn about it when Pete LeMay put it in his 1980 memoir?

6. The cast was filled with gay men over the years. George Reinholt, Paul Stevens, Robert Gentry, Val Dufour, Richard Bekins. Likely others I'm forgetting. How open were the actors to the castmates about being gay? How did she feel about having so many gay actors in the cast?

by Anonymousreply 4910/28/2012

Who was her favorite Marianne (Mary Anne?)

by Anonymousreply 5010/28/2012

Ok, here are some of the answers I received:

1 & 2. When the show went from 30 to 60 then 90 minutes, all actors signed new contracts and that meant more money. Also it meant more working hours. Aunt Bev says she did not like the added time. It meant she could not run off and do extra stage work. It did afford her the luxury of buying a place in Manhattan (in addition to her place in Rye). Most actors she recalls were Ok with the expansions. The tier one stars like Vickie Wyndham, Beverly Mckenzie and Doug Watson had contracts drawn that stipulated they would only work certain days and still get paid huge amounts. NBC was at their feet- the show was a big moneymaker back then.

3. Some actors were upset he left/was let go (she doesn't remember which). She said the head writer never worked at the studio. My aunt was not bothered much. She said her character was pretty much a stale, good wife /mother type character. Her character was modeled after the head writer's wife.

4. She says the Texas thing was one big mess to her. Her show already had a million characters and more were being introduced for the spin-off. She says Beverly Mckenzie was getting tired and very bored of the role & Proctor & Gamble offered her big time money. My aunt thinks money was a motivating factor in Beverly Mckenzie- the right dollar amount and she would act circles around anyone. They had to audition the right people who storylined with her because she did not tolerate just anybody. If she liked you, you knew it.

5. My aunt says she would have loved the gay storyline, but the network she thinks was deadset against it. Way too controversial. She loved the guy who played her son( she thought all the actors they brought in to place her kids were all very good). She has no idea where any of those actors are today. She said Suzanne Keith was initially supposed to play her daughter after another actress left, but they made a new role. She loved Suzanne and saw her a few years back.

6. My aunt has been acting for over 50 years. She laughs and says she suspect when a male actor is not gay. She has worked with many, many gay actors. Never had a problem with any of them and most were very competent actors. Back in the 60s and 70s one could tell if an actor was gay if they were quiet about their private lives. She was heartbroken when she heard Paul Stevens died. She says he was a very unassuming man and good actor. George Reinhold was a great actor but started believing his own hype. She says he was given enough rope that he hung himself. He became a known difficulty throughout the industry so no one wanted to hire him.

Hope these replies help.

by Anonymousreply 5110/28/2012

Many thanks for your time, Bev's nephew.

by Anonymousreply 5210/28/2012

Thanks so much to you and your aunt for taking time to answer these questions! Love hearing about this time period of AW.

by Anonymousreply 5310/28/2012

I love you, Bev's nephew! Thanks so much for asking your aunt these questions and reporting them here. She had a lovely quality as Pat.

by Anonymousreply 5410/29/2012

Bev's nephew must have been referring to Susan Keith who I suppose had been considered for Mariannne Randolph but they ended up bringing her on as Cecile dePoulignac, instead. Some viewers aren't aware that Cecile was actually a sweet, innocent young lady when she arrived in Bay City but when she was betrayed by Philip (Robert Gentry's character) and Iris something snapped in her and she was transformed forever nto the manipulative bitch we grew to know and love (particularly as played by Nancy Frangione).

by Anonymousreply 5510/29/2012

I am here waiting for storm. You made my nights. Thx to u and your lovely aunt

by Anonymousreply 5610/29/2012

Imagine how heartbreaking a storyline it would have been if Michael Randolph was revealed as being gay in 1978 and then died of AIDS in 1983. Beverley would have been wonderful and devastating playing out Pat's grief. This could have ended up with her falling off the wagon.

by Anonymousreply 5710/29/2012

Bev's nephew.

How did your aunt get along with Mitchell Ryan who played her husband John Randolph? How did she feel about John being killed off?

Also how did she get along with Irene Daly who played Aunt Liz?

What did she think of the revolving door of Alice recasts once Jackie Courtney left? Did she have anything specific to say about Susan Harney or Wesley Ann Pfenning or Vanna Tribbey or Linda Borgstein?

How was Paul Rauch to work with?

by Anonymousreply 5810/29/2012

I have a question for Bev's nephew. What does your auntie think of all these random behind-the-scenes gossip questions? Is she amused? Exasperated? Thrilled?

I had asked about Cali Timmins earlier in the thread (she played Paulina) but I don't think she overlapped with your aunt.

by Anonymousreply 5910/29/2012

r26 I've asked several people who have written for soaps about the rumors that writers get residuals for creating characters. They've all said that is not true.

by Anonymousreply 6010/29/2012

r59 You are correct, their times did not overlap. Bevelry Penberthy left the show in 1982. Cali Timmons didn't start until 1990.

by Anonymousreply 6110/29/2012

Is your hole hairy?

by Anonymousreply 6310/29/2012

[quote] writers get residuals for creating characters. They've all said that is not true.

In her exit interview from Another World, Bev said it was true.

by Anonymousreply 6410/29/2012

I had no idea that Paul Stevens was gay. HWs don't get residuals from creating new characters, characters and storylines become the property of the owner of the show. HWs only get residuals for rebroadcasts of the program.

Cali Timmons got a raw deal. Judi Evans was popular and they wanted her, but she was all wrong for Paulina. They should have created a new character for Evans, but didn't have the money to keep both Timmons and Evans.

by Anonymousreply 6510/29/2012

R62, it USED to be true. Absolutely. But for some reason in the 1990s writers no longer received residuals for creating characters.

by Anonymousreply 6610/29/2012

the only time I ever saw a new regime come in with a truckload of new characters and the show actually got BETTER was when Gail Kobe and Pam Long brought TEXAS folks over to GL.

Marland's era was remarkable, of course.

by Anonymousreply 6710/29/2012

Marland brought in all of those incestuous Snyders and pushed core families out.

by Anonymousreply 6810/29/2012

R68, I was talking about GL not ATWT with the Snyders.

And R69 is quite correct.

Marland may have introduced a new family but he gave story to the Hughes clan and he also wrote for the Stewarts.

He brought Penny, Grant, Dee and Annie back for the 30th anniversary. When he saw Marie Masters as Susan he kept her around permanently.

by Anonymousreply 7010/29/2012

r67 Yes, Gail Kobe and Pam Long certainly did wonders with GL when they took over.

But the thing to remember is that Doug Marland's last scripts aired in Sept. 1982. Pam Long's first scripts didn't start airing until May 1983.

In the 8 month interval, GL went though about 6 headwriters, leaving the show in a mess. None of those writers had any clear vision for the show, so when Pam Long came onboard, she was a breath of fresh air, giving focus back to the show as well as exciting new characters that lasted for the next 25 years.

The unfortunate thing is that most of Marland's characters suffered under Long -- Floyd Parker being made into a murderer, Kelly Nelson became a shell of what he had been, Morgan Richards was quickly written out. Even Nola lost a lot of her quirkiness, her movie fantasies became few and far between.

Long knew how to write for her characters but not for Marlands.

by Anonymousreply 7110/30/2012

Who was responsible for "The Dreaming Death" on GL?

by Anonymousreply 7210/30/2012

Pam Long, R72. The Dreaming Death storyline started in May 1984.

by Anonymousreply 7310/30/2012

Maeve Kinkead said Pam Long didn't know how to write for her.

by Anonymousreply 7410/30/2012

Bev's nephew: Is your aunt OK after Sandy?

by Anonymousreply 7510/30/2012

by Anonymousreply 7611/02/2012

One of my favorite AW storylines were two seemingly different plots that merged into one.

Rachel and Mac hired Beatrice Gordon to be their housekeeper in spring 1975. Beatrice talked of loosing touch with her daughter Jenny years ago and said she was still looking for her. Mac even hired a private eye to look for Jenny, but he found nothing.

About the same time, Alice took in a 10-year-old orphan named Sally Spencer who had been admitted to the hospital following a car crash that killed her parents. Since Alice couldn't have children and no family emerged to claim Sally, Alice decided to adopt her in the aftermath of Steve Frame's death in the helicopter crash in Australia.

These two seemingly unrelated plots went on for several months. Then one Friday afternoon, Rachel sent Beatrice over to drop off a package for Alice.

Final scene of the day was Beatrice ringing Alice's doorbell. When Sally answered the door, Beatrice dropped the package and cried, "Jenny."

The following Monday, we learned that Sally was Beatrice's granddaughter.

Never saw that one coming! It was such a great surprise! My mouth was on the floor. That was back in the days when soaps really could pull off surprises like that.

by Anonymousreply 7711/04/2012

Any more news on Aunt Bev?

by Anonymousreply 7811/15/2012

My aunt is fine. She is trying to stay busy. It really means a great deal to her that people remember her from the soap. She really thought her character was boring though. Her relationship with Irene Dailey was professional and pleasant. Irene came in, did her lines and was off to the theater or traveling somewhere. Irene thrived on playing her role. And yes, looking back, my aunt can see that Irene was a lesbian. Without doubt Constance Ford was a definite lesbian. My aunt does think some sort of off the clock relationship did happen between Constance Ford and another actress from the late '60s/early '70s -Nancy Wickhire.

by Anonymousreply 7911/15/2012

Beverly Penberthy's nephew, Pat would have been boring with a less interesting actress. But Penberthy was a soothing, attractive presence while at the same time being touchingly human and flawed.

by Anonymousreply 8011/20/2012

Just questions?

by Anonymousreply 8111/21/2012

Not only is ur aunt classy but she is beautiful too. She did Bway too, didn't she? Barefoot in the Park. Any goss on Bway actors?

by Anonymousreply 8211/21/2012

Wishing Beverly Penberthy a merry x-mas on behalf of all her fans at Datalounge!

by Anonymousreply 8312/21/2012

And a Merry Christmas to her gay nephew too!

by Anonymousreply 8412/21/2012

Time to get more questions from Beverly Penberthy's Gay Nephew!

by Anonymousreply 8502/01/2013

Happy Birthday to Bev!

IMBD says that our Miss Penberthy is 64 years old today. Born in 1949.

I always thought she was older than that. Perhaps Bev's gay nephew can tell us whether that is a typo or not.

Nonetheless, hope she has a happy one.

by Anonymousreply 8605/09/2013

No one else is going to with Bev a happy birthday?

by Anonymousreply 8705/09/2013

Well, uh, Marianne, she's dead.

by Anonymousreply 8805/09/2013

I love me some Bev Penberthy, but 69? Bitch please! Rewatched some 1976 eps on youtube last month, and no way was she early 30s. I would add 10 years to that number.

by Anonymousreply 8905/09/2013

Wikipedia shows her birthdate as both 1949 (age 64) & 1932 (age 81). I know that actresses sometime fib about their age, but this seems implausible.

by Anonymousreply 9005/09/2013

81 is a lot more plausible.

by Anonymousreply 9105/09/2013

I'd have guessed she was mid 70s. So, of the two, 1932 seems more plausible than 1949.

For comparison, IMDB says the late Jacqueline Courtney was born in 1946.

by Anonymousreply 9205/10/2013

I always pegged the nephew as close to 64 himself - Beverly's got to be at least 80.

by Anonymousreply 9305/10/2013

Why isn't any talking about ME? My two gay sons and transgender god-daughter trump her one gay nephew.

by Anonymousreply 9405/10/2013

r94 Dear Susan Trustman, I'm sure if your two gay sons and one transgender god daughter announce their presence on DataLounge and share AW gossip, we will start talking about you.

But you really are the Vana Tribbey of Pat Matthews Randolphs.

by Anonymousreply 9505/10/2013

Bev's nephew, what did Bev think of the storyline where she was accused of murdering Greg Barnard?

by Anonymousreply 9605/12/2013

William Gray Espy is 65 years old today!!

Born July 19, 1948

I read someplace that he now lives in Alabama. Does anybody know anything else about him.

Has he ever gotten married? Or is he gay?

by Anonymousreply 9707/19/2013

Hi, Beverly Penberthy's nephew! I saw your aunt in an old episode a few weeks ago and realized once again how much I enjoyed her. Her departure really was the break between classic AW and new AW. New AW had its moments, but classic AW was the best any soap has ever been.

Bev's nephew, what did Auntie think of Paul Rauch? Reading that OLTL book it would be incredible to read on about Another World and that crazy era from 70-78.

by Anonymousreply 9810/09/2013

I loved both Pats, so give Susan Trustman a pass. She was gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 9910/09/2013

Bev Penberthy was one of my top 5 favorites from AW. Just loved her. I thought she also had great chemistry with Robert Gentry and was sad that the writers did not pursue that storyline. Was not crazy about Paul Stevens (Brian), he was a decent enough actor but more reliable as a supporting actor. Bev was magnificent when she learned of John's death. That episode (on youtube) is so impressive. The young actors, the writing. Beautiful. Dear nephew you can tell your aunt that she has many many fans who still remember her fondly.

by Anonymousreply 10010/09/2013

Hi all...Aunt Bev is doing great. She really loves that people from years ago recognize her from AW. She loved the murder mystery and trial because it got her out of the mom/wife boring routine. She looks back with great fondness on her 15 years working for Proctor & Gamble.

by Anonymousreply 10110/09/2013

Hi Bev's nephew. Good you've resurfaced.

Yes, please tell us what Bev thought of Paul Rauch. Now that Paul is dead, it's safe to tell all about him.

Also, would love to hear what Bev thought of Robert Gentry. I, too, loved the Pat-Phillip Lyons pairing. They sparkled together.

And I had many JO fantasies about Robert Gentry. He was absolutely gorgeous circa 1980.

by Anonymousreply 10210/09/2013

Bev should write a book on her years on AW !

by Anonymousreply 10310/10/2013

Bev's nephew your aunt can write her book about AW and sell it herself on Amazon.

She can publish her own book.

Tell her that!

by Anonymousreply 10410/10/2013

I had the pleasure of talking to her a couple of years ago. She was still beautiful, kind and a very classy lady. She mentionned that she was still in touch with Robert Gentry, they even worked together on a play I think after they left and she said that she remained close with Susan Sulivan (Lenore and Maggie on Falcon Crest). I'll never forget how gentle, smiling and appreciative she was.

by Anonymousreply 10510/10/2013

I and many others would buy her book !

by Anonymousreply 10610/10/2013

George Reinholt just died. How is your aunt reacting?

by Anonymousreply 10711/18/2013

How is Maeve Kinkead doing? Would she ever return to daytime?

by Anonymousreply 10811/18/2013

Kevin Bacon is the only actor to work with both Maeve Kinkead and Meryl Streep

by Anonymousreply 10911/18/2013

I don't think Kevin Bacon ever worked with Kinkead - they were on the same show, but their characters didn't mix or share a story.

But cool link anyway, especially with the Six Degrees of KB phenomenon.

by Anonymousreply 11011/18/2013

R110 they passed each other in the hallway at the hospital, their characters.

Kevin's character was the son of the town shrink.

by Anonymousreply 11111/18/2013

You're stretching it, r111.

by Anonymousreply 11211/18/2013

I believe Vanessa passed Tim Werner (Kevin Bacon) in the hallway at Cedars, she turned to Henry and said "Daddy, that boy smells like a brewery. Now what floor is that fucking Dr. Sedgwick on?"

by Anonymousreply 11311/18/2013

I believe what she said was "Daddy, that boy's hair is absolutely atrocious, but he looks like he would be delicious in bed."

by Anonymousreply 11411/18/2013

Uhh, R114, Doug Marland is dead, dear, and John Wesley Shipp is very much alive z

by Anonymousreply 11511/19/2013

Bev's nephew,

I'm stunned by George Reinholt's death. Was such a heartthrob back when he was playing Steve Frame.

Over the years, I've heard George was gay. Obituary for him doesn't list any marriages. Did you Aunt Bev ever tell you he was gay? Was he out to the cast? Or was it just speculated about among the cast?

by Anonymousreply 11611/20/2013

Bumping this up hoping Beverly's Nephew comes back to answer some more questions.

by Anonymousreply 11711/18/2014

How about Beverlee McKinsey's maid?

by Anonymousreply 11811/18/2014

bump-how's Bev doing these days?

by Anonymousreply 11904/30/2015
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!