Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

BBC = Penn State = Catholic Church

Same difference.

by Anonymousreply 1812/30/2012

Not quite, but nice try OP and Daily Mail troll.

by Anonymousreply 110/17/2012

[quote]'If parents complained, the Director General's office would write saying the nation wouldn't understand such an accusation against a much-loved figure.'

Come again, r1?

by Anonymousreply 210/17/2012

Exactly what is meant by "same difference"? Doesn't the speaker mean,"No difference"?

by Anonymousreply 310/17/2012

The BBC has a less than stellar record with the Gay community too, so this does not surprise me.

by Anonymousreply 410/18/2012

VIPs get away with anything when they have a powerful support system at hand.

by Anonymousreply 510/18/2012

R4 Whilst I think the BBC has questions to answer I think they have improved their record on gay rights in the last 19 years which is when Peter Tatchell wrote this.

Some of the problems in the BBC also came down to people not coming forward and saying nothing when they saw things. Every day there is a story someone who thought they saw something or suspected something and never came forward. I also believe that had Jimmy Savile worked for ITV or channel 4 the scenario would have been the same. He was a horrid manipulative man. Even the likes of Janet Street Porter who is a strong and very outspoken woman failed to come forward or push any accusations. It seems that many people strongly suspected but didn't necessarily know or the things they saw were twisted to seem more innocent.

Jimmy Savile also got away with stuff during his hospital visiting etc. If there is a hell I hope he is burning in the very depths of it.

by Anonymousreply 610/18/2012

I read somewhere that one publication announced to Savile that they would uncover his shenanigans and he simply said something like 'Fine, publish it, but when you do you will be held responsible for the charities I support getting no more donations' and with that the publication backed off.

by Anonymousreply 710/18/2012

R7 That was the trouble. He was literally raising millions for charities and hospitals who would have struggled massively without it. He also seemed to have information on others and threatened to use that if anyone revealed stuff. So he was a blackmailer as well as a sexual predator. He was just a really nasty, slimey creature.

by Anonymousreply 810/18/2012

=BSA

by Anonymousreply 910/20/2012

Actually, people DID come forward when they saw stuff happening with the Savile case but their stories were dismissed.

It's an age old story: look at any predominantly male power structure and the most horrendous abuse takes place while the abusers cover for each other, enable each other and slap each other on the back.

by Anonymousreply 1010/20/2012

BBCs strictly HETEROSEXUAL male power structure in specific R10.

by Anonymousreply 1110/21/2012

No the equation is all wrong--the BBC is 6 of the best with pants and trousers down (I drew the distinction between trousers and pants just to satisfy the British readers since I'm American), the Catholic Church is Sister Blandina and Sister Erintrude taking their little red paddles out from their bottom desk drawers and paddling all the good-looking boys and making the "budding" girls do eraser cleaning by pounding the erasers together while the other nuns watch open-mouthed! Finally the equation--Penn State=Joe Paterno=football=Jerry Sandusky=pedophilia THEREFORE FOOTBALL=PEDOPHILIA

by Anonymousreply 1210/22/2012

You would think being England, the BBCs religious bent would not be Catholic controlled but Anglican controlled. I guess this explains why the BBC is despised so much by Peter Tachell.

by Anonymousreply 1310/23/2012

BBC gets caught again!.

This is why they call it the British Bigotry Corporation.

by Anonymousreply 1412/29/2012

Jimmy Savile in Aberfan to comfort the surviving children

by Anonymousreply 1512/29/2012

I was wondering what Big Black Cock had to do with the others.

by Anonymousreply 1612/29/2012

The Daily Mail's waxen breasts are terrifying.

by Anonymousreply 1712/29/2012

I guess the BBC is behind UKip then.

by Anonymousreply 1812/30/2012
Need more help? Click Here.