Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Lance Armstrong DROPPED by Nike, Steps Down from Livestrong.

Nike says evidence overwhelming against him.

The fall from grace continues.

by Anonymousreply 10411/12/2012

Times link.

by Anonymousreply 110/17/2012

He'd be the perfect candidate for elected office as a liar and a cheat. Give it some thought, Lance.

by Anonymousreply 210/17/2012

I wonder how many barrels of oil are being dropped into the dumps with all of the "Lance Armstrong" bracelets being thrown away.

by Anonymousreply 310/17/2012

Depends on the spin, I suppose.

The Daily Beast Is Hitting It Hard:

"The days of ubiquitous yellow bracelets feels like a distant memory. In a statement to the press, Lance Armstrong said he is stepping down as chairman his cancer-fighting charity, Livestrong, so the group can focus on its mission.

The announcement comes on the heels of the USADA’s 1,000-page dossier in which more than twenty-six people—including fifteen cyclists—implicated themselves in a doping ring in order to prove Armstrong was the ring leader. Lance will remain on the charity’s 15-person board.

Also on Wednesday, Nike Inc. announced it would be terminating its contract with Armstrong, saying in a statement that there is “seemingly insurmountable evidence” that he “participated in doping and misled Nike for more than a decade.”

I think that means they are calling him a liar, a cheat & they fired him.

Led The War Against Lance On Outside Mag.

As Always ; M

by Anonymousreply 410/17/2012

Bet his ex-wife is chuckling

by Anonymousreply 510/17/2012

and Sheryl Crow too, r5.

by Anonymousreply 610/17/2012

His "foundation" took in 150K the day he was banned from cycling. Americans are such silly sheeple.

by Anonymousreply 710/17/2012

It's not the first time Lance will have to eat some crow.

by Anonymousreply 810/17/2012

I always found him to be unlikable and shifty-eyed.

Glad he's FINALLY been exposed.

by Anonymousreply 910/17/2012

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy. Shitt's next.

by Anonymousreply 1010/17/2012

Setting aside the doping is wrong thing, why do people ate him so much. I don't recall ever hearing that he's a jackass. He runs a nonprofit, and seemingly uses his celebrity to some positive purpose, maybe not as much as others, bu certainly more than most celebs.

In the scheme of offenses doping is less serious in m mind than many other things for which people have been easily forgiven.

Just wondering.

by Anonymousreply 1110/17/2012

This should provide some answers, R17. They remind me of the Komen Foundation which promotes "awareness" and actually donates very little to research.

[quote]If Lance Armstrong went to jail and Livestrong went away, that would be a huge setback in our war against cancer, right? Not exactly, because the ­famous nonprofit donates almost ­nothing to scientific research. BILL GIFFORD looks at where the money goes and finds a mix of fine ideas, millions of dollars aimed at “awareness,” and a few very blurry lines.

by Anonymousreply 1210/17/2012

[quote]In the scheme of offenses doping is less serious in m[y] mind than many other things for which people have been easily forgiven.

I don't understand that aspect, either. Why is it that professional athletes taking performance-enhancing drugs are pursued with such relentless fervor? Years of hearings and investigations and testimony before Congress -- they take it more seriously, even, than a president getting a blow job or one-time billionaire Martha Stewart making $48,000 on a stock tip. And for what? Because someone's bedrock notion of "sporting behavior" was upset?

by Anonymousreply 1310/17/2012

Greg LeMond is having the last laugh here. Armstrong tried to go after him early on after LeMond expressed concern about his relationship with Ferrari, the Italian doping physician. He tried to sabotage LeMond's contract with some bicycle company as retribution or to get him to shut up.

by Anonymousreply 1410/17/2012

I knew nothing.

by Anonymousreply 1510/17/2012

I was big time high school athlete and a small time college athlete. I hate dopers. It's so frustrating to work your ass off, then see someone not as good as you suddenly become a hall of famer because of PEDs. I am very glad that the topic has hit critical mass.

That said, it is SOOOO overblown. There are so many more things to spend our resources on then stupid athletes choosing to put poison in their bodies.

Lance is a douche, but he has done good things with his ill-gotten fame. I guess my response to this is my response to most things these days: Whatever.

by Anonymousreply 1610/17/2012

Lance is a spiteful prick and tries to ruin people who tell the truth about him.

by Anonymousreply 1710/17/2012

[quote]Lance is a douche, but he has done good things with his ill-gotten fame. I guess my response to this is my response to most things these days: Whatever.

R16. That may be your response because we are all bombarded with so much news and noise trying to gain our attention nowadays--and you're feeling overwhelmed. However, "whatever" is not an appropriate response for everything. Some things are serious; others aren't.

Some people are paid enormously for their accomplishments, and when we find out that they cheated, lied, deceived, etc., it's not always a "whatever" moment.

Of course, none of us know Lance Armstoring personally so we don't feel the immediate affect. But for the rewards that some people are given, I think we'd like to feel that they achieved their goal fair and square. When we find out that they didn't, sometimes it's a disappointment, sometimes it's scandalous, and sometimes it's illegal.

But this bombardment of news nowadays causes us to treat many things as "whatever" even when that's not really an appropriate response.

by Anonymousreply 1810/17/2012

R18, I see what your saying. But so many athletes doped when Lance was blazing through the Alps. We all know he doped. Hell, every cyclist did/does. So what's the point? Again, I'm glad he was caught, but I would much rather have all the effort and resources it took the feds to sniff out Lance's wrongdoing and transfer them to political or corporate malfeasance.

I would rather have our tax dollars going after people that can do actual harm.

by Anonymousreply 1910/17/2012

The reason I don't like Lance is because he was a Goliath who tried to demonize anyone who implied he was being less than honest.

by Anonymousreply 2010/17/2012

His photo is still on the Livestrong website.

by Anonymousreply 2110/17/2012

[quote]Bet his ex-wife is chuckling

She knew about the doping. In their house, the code name for PED was "butter," because they kept it in the fridge.

[quote]I don't recall ever hearing that he's a jackass.

I guess you never read anything about the guy. He is infamous for threatening people, his cycling buddies, when he suspected them of treason.

Read this article about his former masseuse, and how he did his best to ruin her life after she had spoken about his doping for a book:

[italic]Ms. O’Reilly first went public in 2003, when she was paid to cooperate on a book, “L.A. Confidentiel: Les Secrets de Lance Armstrong,” that sought to expose Mr. Armstrong as a drug cheat. Mr. Armstrong sued her for libel.

Ms. O’Reilly said Mr. Armstrong demonized her as a prostitute with a drinking problem, and had her hauled into court in England. Ultimately, a legal settlement was reached, and Ms. O’Reilly tried to pick up her life, sometimes talking about Mr. Armstrong and drugs, but to little notice.

Mr. Armstrong sued Ms. O’Reilly and The Sunday Times of London, which had excerpted the book. The legal battle lasted three years.

“He was suing me for more than I was worth,” Ms. O’Reilly said. “I was worried he would bankrupt me.”

In the end, as part of a settlement, The Sunday Times wrote an apology. Ms. O’Reilly paid no money, she said.

“Emma suffered from the lawsuit the most,” Mr. Walsh said in an interview this week. “This woman was an opponent of Lance Armstrong and was completely vilified. Now, everyone wants to know. But where were they in 2004?”[/italic]

by Anonymousreply 2210/17/2012

He did the same to a fellow cyclist and his wife who were under [italic]subpoena[/italic] to testify in another court case in which Armstrong was the defendant. He wanted to sully their reputations either as retribution or to make them look as unbelievable witnesses. Probably a bit of both. Armstrong's personal assistant describes this in an Outside Sport online article. If you check out the article linked about there will be links to a series or articles about this.

by Anonymousreply 2310/17/2012

Why does the NYT write "Usada" instead of "USADA"?

It reads like they are referring to a Japanese scientist or something.

by Anonymousreply 2410/17/2012

The only people still rallying to his defense are white Republican gun owners.

by Anonymousreply 2510/17/2012

There was a company that dropped him when the drug charges began so he took them to court and won millions with the claim that he had been drug-free. Now, it's time to return that money.

by Anonymousreply 2610/17/2012

It's not just that Armstrong was vindictive and actively tried to ruin people who spoke out against him (and cycling is, still, a pretty small sport). It was that he wanted a strong team around him and essentially coerced his teammates into doping. Now, you can say that this shows a lack of character on their behalf, or that they might have been doping anyway - but not all of them were, not all of them wanted to, and they testified that they felt pressured to do so. It's one thing to dope, but it's a lot more serious to expect your teammates to dope as well - and to supply them with the product/s.

It was reported that Dave Zabriskie went back to his hotel room and cried after being given the decision to make, given that he came from a background that was affected by his dad's drug taking. Zabriskie still took the drugs and can be judged for that, but if it's true it's one small insight into what it felt like to be a professional athlete who's been coerced by his team captain into doing something illegal.

by Anonymousreply 2710/18/2012

I hope the money and fame was worth it, because that kind of public humiliation (= payback) would make suicide a valid option for me.

by Anonymousreply 2810/18/2012

I remember how we spat on the French when they started talking about Armstrong's drug problem years ago.

by Anonymousreply 2910/18/2012

He also paid off cycling officials to cover up when he failed tests results and subsequently had them alert him whenever testing people were coming to test him. Anyone he perceived as a threat or a rival he had them nailed by drug testers. He was basically a mafia don, and he ran the cycling world like a mob boss through intimidation, corruption and harrassment.

by Anonymousreply 3010/18/2012

And by the way his foundation raises 0$ for research and treatment - they say they raise money for "awareness".

What that means in fact is paying for private jets to fly Lance around the world and elevate his status.

by Anonymousreply 3110/18/2012

This should be awkward:

[quote]It has raised nearly $500 million since 1997 and plans to celebrate its 15th anniversary in Austin, Tex., this weekend, with nearly 2,000 people expected to attend, including stars like Sean Penn, Maria Shriver and Ben Stiller.

by Anonymousreply 3210/18/2012

And he still hasn't admitted it or apologized for it--in spite of all the overwhelming evidence. He has damaged the reps of many many "smaller" folks who tried to tell the public the truth, and yet he sits there on his millions without apologizing to anyone! What a guy!

by Anonymousreply 3310/18/2012

I find it hilarious that TREK dropped him like a rock given that it has been argued that TREK (like so many others *cough* UCI International Cycling Union *cough*) are heavily implicated in assisting Armstrong to retaliate against people no longer under his control and avoid accountability all this time. Read LA Confidential - is all there and has been for years. I'd name Armstrong as sociopathic but I'm not sure sociopaths go to quite so much trouble to control people? Honest question.

Nothing that happens to Armstrong is a surprise now - has been a LONG time coming. What will be interesting is what UCI does about the USADA report. Clock is ticking - I believe they have a month so time is up in Nov. They've been bought by Armstrong and very stupidly did not see the writing on the wall when they stated that USADA is illegitimate. If they continue to claim this then they draw attention to their own complicity. My bet is that they'll accept the USADA report and cut Armstrong loose for good - out of pure self-preservation.

by Anonymousreply 3410/18/2012

If the emphasis is on WINNING (and, of course, it is), then why not just make doping LEGAL? Every sport nowadays has its technological advancements in equipment -- titanium bats & tennis rackets, super-slippery swimsuits, etc., etc. The athletes, I'm sure, take vitamins and supplements in hopes of increasing the odds of achieving their ultimate goal -- WINNING. Why not just make doping legal? They could even have separate competition categories for dopers and non-dopers, so that those who don't want to fuck up their bodies with drugs don't have to.

by Anonymousreply 3510/18/2012

They say that Lance was not a nice person, so I guess what goes around, comes around.

by Anonymousreply 3610/18/2012

Try To Keep Up Fellow Dataloungers: Every day brings more news, well Lance loves publicity: so he must be thrilled post retirement with so much media attention. Nike has now been joined by Anheuser-Busch/Michelob Ultra, FRS energy drinks, Trek Bicycles, Giro Helmets, RadioShack, HoneyStinger energy foods as "Official Terminators of Lance Related Promotion".

Free at last, well that took like forever, plus in item noted below: Rupert Murdoch wants his million back. Legal note: I believe that more than a million is involved here, as in Europe you are allowed to collect damages for the related legal fees incurred. Now funds are cut-off, promotions end, lawsuits by someone with a Major Grudge, owner of a huge media empire & all the money necessary to get even bigtime. Gee, are there any races left that LA controls that he could have de-sanctioned so he can still be "a winner"? As Always ; M

by Anonymousreply 3710/18/2012

Is Livestrong over?

by Anonymousreply 3810/18/2012

"I remember how we spat on the French when they started talking about Armstrong's drug problem years ago."

Did we? I thought there has been gossip on Armstrong's doping for YEARS, but they could never nail him.

by Anonymousreply 3910/18/2012

This man is totally evil - he should go to prison for the rest of his life and have his fortune stripped and turned over to his victims. He is a typical narcissist asshole.

by Anonymousreply 4010/18/2012

Having led The Internet War Against Lance, I hope everyone finally realizes he was a nasty vindictive bitch to everyone.

LiveWrong/CheatStrong just went on attack mode in his entitled rockstar life until he came to believe that no one would ever succeed in stripping him of all his undeserved fame.

He wasn't the greatest cyclist in history, LA was the greatest Cheater in Cycling History. And LiveStrong was about LanceAwareness, not helping cancer victims, it was a cross promotion of marketing "cancer profiteering".

Outside Mag covered him extensively in 4 articles, one is linked below. the comment board was ruled at first by LA's PR team & trolls until I took it over.

I am NotaFanOfLieStrong, it was me, read the comments, I did it. I wasn't trolling, I was fighting for the truth, for justice for all the people LA destroyed on his ramapage to be The Queen Of All Cheaters in Cycling.

by Anonymousreply 4110/18/2012

I will comfort him.

Endlessly. Deeply. Repeatedly.

by Anonymousreply 4210/18/2012

I'm one of the people who didn't believe that Lance doped!

But it now all seems to be coming apart, including with two Australian former pro-cyclists admitting that they doped.

by Anonymousreply 4310/18/2012

The worst part of all of my hard work in The Internet War Against Lance is the payoff is having to side with Rupert Murdoch in his bid to get back that libel money back which LiveWrong/CheatStrong extorted from him.

What kind of sick world is this anyway?

I never thought it could be possible that I could process that thought: Rupert Murdoch has been wronged.

The WSJ reported that LA still got between 15 to 18 million buckaroos from all the sponsors who are now shocked, totally shocked! To discover he is a liar, a cheat, a prick, & now they will take action.

Lot of money in lying & cheating there LA. Pack it all up in your remaining ball & store for all the lawsuits yet to come.

by Anonymousreply 4410/19/2012

Maybe it's me but i've always thought any so-called good athlete cheated. All those at the top cheat to get there. I never have admired any of them because the great athletes have never existed. They were long overrun by the cheaters. Only an idiot would admire a facade.

by Anonymousreply 4510/20/2012

How awful, no instead of having 25 million he'll only have 23 million. How will he pay his bills?

by Anonymousreply 4610/20/2012

Here is Brother Armstrong's 5-minute speech at the Livestrong anniversary celebration tonight. He is greeted by a (mostly) standing ovation from a friendly crowd.

Sounds like he still intends to work with the organization even though he has stepped down from the chairmanship role.

I really wonder though if in the long run it is in their best interest to still have him as the face of their foundation.

by Anonymousreply 4710/20/2012

He committed perjury, too. Someone posted a link to this Australian TV doc on Armstrong in which they show him lie under oath. Can he be prosecuted for that.

It's interesting how cool he appears lying through his teeth. I wonder what his psychological damage is.

by Anonymousreply 4810/20/2012

I wish he hadn't shattered my childhood dreams.

by Anonymousreply 4910/21/2012

the fucker should have to pay everyone back along with all his winnings .......put the fucker in jail CHEAT

by Anonymousreply 5010/21/2012

Livestrong is an online link bait machine - exactly what you would expect from a cheating liar like Armstrong. That they troll for donations is grotesque.

by Anonymousreply 5110/21/2012

I just read "The Secret Race" by Tylor Hamilton and Daniel Coyle, an absolutely brilliant book.

It outlines the whole "industry" of doping in cycling and how Armstrong didn't just dope (like everyone else) but he was the ringleader of the doping. He basically "obliged" the rest of his team to dope. His famous seven wins and, as r31 says, Livestrong "charity" were all about increasing his status and his power. He was also vindictive, aggressive and threatening to anyone he couldn't 100% manipulate. Armstrong has his fingers in a lot of pies and is involved in all sorts of strange, hidden dealings, interrelations, investments, with so many people in his pocket.

The UCI is also fully implicated in all this and was happy to allow Armstrong to dope and cover it up for him, as he fuelled their status and the "power" of the UCI's members too. They know pretty much everything and don't care because doping makes for more "astonishing" results. One of the few times in the past decade they have bothered to "out" a doper was Tylor Hamilton, because Lance Armstrong put them on to it.

by Anonymousreply 5210/21/2012

The documentary at r48 is also very revealing. It reminds us that not just the doping "rumours" but also sworn evidence about Armstrong and doping has been available for years, yet everyone in an institutional position of authority turned a blind eye to it. It shows how Armstrong's financial rewards were more than just sponsorship but insurance payouts - each successive year he won an insurance company would pay out double the initial fee: for the first year he was given 2.5 million dollars, the next year 5 million, etc. (I might have the actual figures wrong, but it's something like that).

The man whose face you see in the still is cycling commentator Phil Liggot, a big Armstrong acolyte. He apparently claimed that federal investigators paid people to lie and falsely accuse Armstrong. Liggot used to co-commentate with former cycling pro Phil Sherwin, who now runs a goldmine in Uganda which both Armstrong and Liggot have invested in.

So, Armstrong's doping and connections, the extent and nature of his relations with people in the "cycling industry" and the entire setup of professional cycling was not just arranged to get him to win and today to protect him, but so all these individuals could do "deals", make connections, increase their power, get "charities" such as Livestrong to pay to fly them around the world and stay in charming hotels. It's way more than just doping and cheating.

R46, we're not just talking the level of 23 or 25 million dollars here, but at least 100 million dollars. The money trail is a labyrinth.

by Anonymousreply 5310/21/2012

He's a modern day hero. Getting rich and living off the support of his worshippers who fell for his PR lies.

by Anonymousreply 5410/21/2012

He's my hero.

by Anonymousreply 5510/21/2012

The sports industry is full of cheats and major amounts of drugs...every race horse that runs is loaded

by Anonymousreply 5610/21/2012

people ruin everything

by Anonymousreply 5710/21/2012

Doping is an easy way to not only win, but get what's connected with the win (the endorsement deals, the PR, the interviews, etc.).

Who needs integrity when you are a winner thanks to doping and still keep all the fame and money that came with the winning?

by Anonymousreply 5810/21/2012

But what's worse, R58, is that the other competitors are compelled to dope or look like they're standing still. It's a no-win situation. They're not doping to win per se, but to just be 'competitive' in a totally unrealistic field.

R53, fascinating stuff. If only the pair could make their cycling commentary even a tenth as interesting.

by Anonymousreply 5910/21/2012

I, for one, am thrilled. I've always hated this asshole since the time I heard him make a homophobic joke at an awards ceremony.

by Anonymousreply 6010/21/2012

R53, I always knew cycling was a dirty sport, but to know the Liggot is part of the conspiracy is just mind boggling. I've been watching cycling since Lemond won his 1st Tour de France. What a shitty sport!

by Anonymousreply 6110/21/2012

Whatever. I'm still better than all of you.

by Anonymousreply 6210/21/2012

Wow. That Australian documentary was riveting! Too bad 60 Minutes didn't get the jump on them...

by Anonymousreply 6310/21/2012

Seems like a technicality now, but International Cycling Union agreed with USADA today and officially stripped Lance of his titles and banned him from the sport for life.

by Anonymousreply 6410/22/2012

Well Free At Last, Stripped of All Of His Titles By The UCI, too!

"Lance Armstrong was stripped of his seven Tour de France titles and banned for life on Monday after the International Cycling Union (UCI) ratified the United States Anti-Doping Agency's (USADA) sanctions against the American.

"Lance Armstrong has no place in cycling," UCI President Pat McQuaid told a news conference.

"Lance Armstrong deserves to be forgotten in cycling."

formercriminalprosecutor leading The Internet Battle Against LiveWrong/Cheat Strong

by Anonymousreply 6510/22/2012

[quote]Lance Armstrong deserves to be forgotten in cycling.

So someone else can take over and be the doping kingpin of the cycling sport on the downlow.

by Anonymousreply 6610/22/2012

Lance Armstrong should be hung by the one ball he has left.

by Anonymousreply 6710/22/2012

Poor Lance. I think I'll send him a wreath.

by Anonymousreply 6810/22/2012

People should send all the ribbons back to him and his manager.

by Anonymousreply 6910/22/2012

L'Affaire de Lance c'est finis. Tant pis, C'est dommage. Bienvenu.. Je suis enchanté de faire votre connaissance! Merci beaucoup pour la lecture. Je suis très reconnaissant que vous êtes intéressé: Comme toujours ; M

Did you know LieStrong is part owner of HoneyStingers? The de-Lancing must have been so very awkward...

by Anonymousreply 7010/23/2012

The financial fallout begins:

Dallas-based sports insurer that paid Lance Armstrong $7.5 million for ’04 Tour de France win wants money back

Now that Lance Armstrong has been stripped of his seven Tour de France victories by the International Cycling Union, this latest bit of news should come as no surprise. But SCA Promotions, the LBJ Freeway-based sports-insurance company forced to pay Armstrong a $7.5-million bonus following his 2004 win, wants its money back. And if it’s not returned sooner than later, SCA will file suit against Armstrong.

“If the money’s not returned,” says SCA’s external counsel, attorney Jeffrey Tillotson, “the company will pursue all legal avenues to get it repaid.”

Earlier today BBC Sports reported that Armstrong had till October 29 to pay it back. Tillotson says, no, that’s not the case: “We just now got the UCI action, so we have not yet made a formal demand on him. We will. And if he doesn’t comply, the company will pursue all legal avenues.”

For those who don’t recall, SCA tried years ago to keep from paying Armstrong the bonus, claiming at the time the evidence was mighty strong that Armstrong wasn’t clean. As our Michael Grabell and Cathy Harasta reported at the time, what began as a contract dispute in 2004 “morphed into the closest thing to a trial of Lance Armstrong in the U.S., with Armstrong victorious.” In ’06 they reached a settlement, and SCA had to pay that bonus on behalf of Tailwind Sports, which owned the U.S. Postal Service team.

“We had a contract that said so long as he was the official winner, we were required to pay him the bonus,” says Tillotson. “We raised concerns about whether he was cheating, Mr. Armstrong’s legal team said, ‘Who cares, he’s the official winner,’ so we paid the bonus. They have now judged he’s no longer the winner, so we want to recoup our payment.”

Tillotson calls the decision to ask for the $7.5 million “a very bittersweet moment,” given the contentious battle over the money six years ago. But it had to happen, he says. Because “he’s no longer the official winner of anything.” SCA, he says, may issue a longer statement in coming days.

by Anonymousreply 7110/23/2012

WHy are they only asking for the bonus back? Every cent paid to Armstrong and his team should be returned as it was obtained by means of fraud. And, given he was sponsored by the US taxpayer via US post, I assume the government is lining up for its refund as well?

by Anonymousreply 7210/23/2012

It's the first organization asking for its money back. The floodgates will open.

by Anonymousreply 7310/23/2012

I'd like to know exactly what he has taken.

That information seems to be a bit scarce.

by Anonymousreply 7410/23/2012

Thanks for the help, fellow dataloungers.

All questions will answered as to the lawsuits.

NotaFanofLieStrong is Me.

4 more sites to read.

I was very busy Leading The Internet War Against LiveWrong/CheatStrong.

Victory, Free At Last.

Yellow is back to The Color of Cowards, Liestrong lacks the ball to beat the rap. Insurance fraud is a crime, too. As well as income tax evasion.

Enjoy. More to come.

by Anonymousreply 7510/23/2012

I even emailed his best friend & biggest supporter Dan of Slowtwitch to make sure Lance knew it was me who did it.

Flame that idiot.

I will give you his email address.

He is like The Official Lance Apologist Still Blaming Everyone Else For LieStrong's Unfair Treatment.

Almost as fun as getting the Saintly Father Brian Cox, pedophile priest arrested, sentenced, jailed & finally defrocked.

Except that involved 9 year old boys who were trying to kill themselves, becoming rentboys to buy the drugs to kill the pain. So it wasn't all that comic, unless you like the part when the Archdiocese was threatening to have me disbarred every day. Got The Judges who were members of St. John's to tell me to lay off The Saintly Father Brian, too.

Felt it was stupid to care about what happened to "mentally ill faggots". Their lives were worthless compared to The Saintly Father Brian. A hate campaign against those ruined kids conducted in the Letters To The Editor section of The Carroll County Times.

That's what they were saying on the talkshow, too all day long.

Only positive review I got after the fact was from Touchstone Magazine.

As Always ; M

by Anonymousreply 7610/23/2012

Here is another one, NotaFanofLieStrong is me. Avatar is photo of me.

Just read the comments.

by Anonymousreply 7710/23/2012

Everyone dopes/doped. All cyclists should give back all of their earnings, starting with all the tour winners.

If you go after one, you have to go after all.

by Anonymousreply 7810/23/2012

More details about the De-Lancing.

Must I do everything around here?

Read the comments.

by Anonymousreply 7910/23/2012

Read the comments.

I hate injustice.

He just wouldn't quit attacking some bike mechanic until the guy had a nervous breakdown & fled the country.

by Anonymousreply 8010/23/2012

No Greg LeMond was clean, Trek dropped him when he outed LiveWrong/CheatStrong.

I am fixing that, too.

Read the comments.

by Anonymousreply 8110/23/2012

I hate this prick so much.

by Anonymousreply 8210/23/2012

Greg Lemond was clean. Trek dropped dropped him for outing LieStrong.

I am settling that score, too.

Read the comments, all the answers are there.

Must I do eveything?

by Anonymousreply 8310/23/2012

More ways I Led The Internet War Against LiveWrong/CheatStrong.

Read the comments.

NotaFanofLieStrong is me.

Avatar in black lace is photo of me.

Meryl is a great actress & all.

But I destroyed LieStrong.

I controlled every board, Gawker, Daily Beast, France, SlowTwitch, I did this for weeks.

It was me, your M

Read the comments.

by Anonymousreply 8410/23/2012

On Deadspin I was FanofGood Featured commentator.

Click on thre link, my last comment is still up first, as it contains all the info you seek.

That HoneyStinger Energy Food thing is part owned by Liestrong. So that must have been the last rat off the sinking ship.

Board meeting, awkward much?

by Anonymousreply 8510/23/2012

On Deadspin I was FanofGood

Featured commentator

by Anonymousreply 8610/23/2012

Flame this asshole, Dan Empfield. Lance's boyhood friend. Official Lance Apologist.

Let him know I sent you there.

Want his private email address?

Cause this isn't over until every person LiveWrong/CheatStrong destroyed, extorted, lied to, all of is settled.

I am not a quitter.

LieStrong ran home with only 1 ball.

by Anonymousreply 8710/23/2012

You should look into a Tig Notaro and the money she says she is donating to cancer. She says she was cured of stage 2 aggressive cancer in one month. No followup treatment. She's a strange case of con artistry. Great work with outing Lane Armstrong.

by Anonymousreply 8810/23/2012

Thank you for the shout out,

Very kind of you. I was proud of myself for ruling countless comment boards dominated by his paid trolls, as well as Loonied4Lance.

Never quit never back done from the fight. LieStrong hates gays, just another reason why I despise him.

If anyone wants to support Dallas Drake's Center Fof Homicide Research, which trains Police Departments in how to work with LGBT youth, I have provided a link for donations to this good cause. That is also where I asked readers in The Internet War Against LieStrong to donate instead of to TheLanceAwarenessFoundation.

He also has a facebook page, you can donate to him there, too. He knows me, I sent him more money then he asked for when his funding had been drastically cut by the financial crisis.

Will put up that link as well.

Yes, LGBT youth are one of my endless causes. Hopeless do-gooder.

by Anonymousreply 8910/24/2012

Facebook page of Center for Homicide Research.

When I was Leading The Internet War against LieStrong,I would ask people to support a better cause: Dallas Drake's Center For Homicide Research.

He knows me as I sent him more than he needed to keep going after the financial crisis came & his funding was dropping.

He does outreach to LGBT youth, as well as training Police Departments on how to handle cases involving LGBT youth with greater sensitivity.

Your endless do-gooder never quits.

by Anonymousreply 9010/24/2012

Reissue the Tour de France Awards

Posted by Ted Rall on Monday, October 22, 2012 at 6:11 am

I don’t typically weigh in on sports, but the French agency that conducts the Tour de France has stripped Lance Armstrong of his seven Tour de France titles, and has decided to leave no winner listed for those years.

That is wrong.

The prize obviously should go to the runners up.

As a cartoonist and columnist, II am aware of the fact that several previous Pulitzer Prize winners are plagiarists and/or hacks whose malfeasance is so over-the-top that they should be stripped of their Pulitzers.

It was bad enough for the legitimate cartoonists who deserved to win to be passed up at the time. But clearly, when a prize is stripped from someone for cheating, that prize should be properly and reawarded to the honest professional who was passed up at the time. Not to do so is to pretend that the agency that issued the award had not made a mistake at the time, when in fact they did.

by Anonymousreply 9110/24/2012

From TMZ

Lance Armstrong was spotted today, crying into a bag of money, while screaming, "Now I only have 24 million dollars," while thousands of beautiful women offered to sleep with him.

by Anonymousreply 9210/24/2012

I don't have time to read TMZ, sorry.

Was solving a child murder, dismemberment thing.

I'll try to keep up on LieStrong.

I did post on Outside Mag some more as my comments are very popular there.

I put up yummy photos for Dataloungers in my River Phoenix post, in response to questions as to Leo C's sexual orientation.

Here is what I was doing today, do check out photos in River Phoenix Post.

by Anonymousreply 9310/24/2012

Here was my source if you just want to see the photos that are Leo C posed for when he was trying to get your attention.

As opposed to professional beards, aspiring models, starlets, etc.

by Anonymousreply 9410/24/2012

1984 Olympic wrestler Jeff Blatnick just died, but Lance lives...

by Anonymousreply 9510/24/2012

I get all my celebrity gossip from Michael K of DListed.

Not TMZ or Radar, children please.

CheatWrong/LiveStrong is wearing Asics now. Who cares?

Also P. Diddy was in car accident. Yawn.

Bert Fields, celebrity attorney is suing on behalf of CoS Father of The Year, Tom Cruise, noting that Tom doesn't file lawsuits, that is why he pays Bert Fields.

You made me look, that was awful.

by Anonymousreply 9610/24/2012

What the fuck is going on in this thread?!

by Anonymousreply 9710/24/2012

@ Ted Rall, I don't follow you at all here. I have stated that Greg Lemond is the winner for calling LieStrong out along time ago. Have also stated that Trek owes him financial compensation for dropping him as a result.

What does that have to do with political cartoons? I only know 1 such animal, KAL, as my son went to elementary school with his kid & KAL got on my nerves, fast.

Gee, did you know he went to Harvard, yes, you mentioned that 3 times ago. And worked as street busker, that is so interesting, really. And also For The London Economist, you are very deep.

Ted you are a bit older yet part of the generation hip crowd defined by Dave Eggers/McSweeny et al. Hope shot you took at Pat Tillman was a whole lot of yucks. My life's dream was once to have a cartoon in The New Yorker, but dreams die hard.

My son was a protege of David Foster Wallace, who made up stuff all the time in his non-fiction pieces. The cruise ship bit was a marvel of things that could never have happened & he is still worshipped forever as the literary analogue to Kurt Cobain.

I have my own blog now, with over 1,000 unique page views a day. So it is my personal gallery display of my thought on social injustice, gender inequality, criminal profiling, have a look. Down below.

by Anonymousreply 9810/25/2012

Don't let let the hater R88 influence you. Cancer warrior and acclaimed comic, Tig Notaro, really is sick and has turned her illnesses to art. I just watched her tape "Live" for the tenth time and it just gets better with every listen. Best money I ever spent. She beat cancer and doesn't need the stress of haters like R88.

You can now download Tig's tape on Itunes. AWESOME!

by Anonymousreply 9911/11/2012

haters suck. Tig Rocks. Her tape was the best purchase I ever made. Support Tig Notaro you guys!

by Anonymousreply 10011/11/2012

Back on topic, the ass just tweeted this yesterday. No shame at all.

by Anonymousreply 10111/11/2012

He STILL hasn't come clean, has he?

by Anonymousreply 10211/11/2012

Sorry to be off topic. I just thought it fair that I protect Tig when she is attacked.

by Anonymousreply 10311/11/2012

He's too busy spending the millions he already made and having sex with beautiful Olsen twins to be concerned what anyone here thinks.

by Anonymousreply 10411/12/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!