Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Romney surges to significant national lead!!!

Says Daily Kos.

I am so afraid.

by Anonymousreply 7711/21/2012

Read the comments at the link you pathetic freeper fuck.

by Anonymousreply 210/16/2012

The best analysis on the internet is right here:

by Anonymousreply 310/16/2012

Looks like the Romney bounce is over and Obama is slowly gaining back what he lost.

Obama has a 66% chance of winning the Electoral College vote to Romney's 34%

by Anonymousreply 410/16/2012

R5, see R4.

It's all that matter, hon.

by Anonymousreply 610/16/2012

Link, R5.

by Anonymousreply 710/16/2012

This never happened.

by Anonymousreply 810/16/2012

Link, r5, or stop your pathetic trolling, or both actually.

by Anonymousreply 1010/16/2012

It.Doesn't.Matter.

by Anonymousreply 1110/16/2012

weird r5, your link at r9 does not work

by Anonymousreply 1310/16/2012

There's always going to be stupid straight white people who think they're somehow above the 47% when they're not. We just have to get around them. We can and we will.

by Anonymousreply 1410/16/2012

[quote] Women push Romney into lead

This is why we never should have given them the vote.

by Anonymousreply 1610/16/2012

I can't believe there are so many ignorant, racist Americans. Seriously. There is NO reason to vote for Romney. None.

by Anonymousreply 1810/16/2012

I still only trust fivethirtyeight . com

by Anonymousreply 2010/16/2012

On average, Mr. Obama gained slightly less than a percentage point, going from about half a point behind in the previous version of the polls to half a point ahead instead.

[bold]That is a modest difference, to be sure, but it is getting late enough in the campaign — and the election is so close — that these modest differences can potentially matter when averaged across a number of surveys.[/bold]

A half-point advantage for Mr. Obama in the national polls is also a little easier to reconcile with the state polls than a half-point deficit. The estimate of the national popular vote from our “now-cast,” which uses both state polls and national polls, shows Mr. Obama up by one percentage point.

[bold]Mr. Obama’s position in the “now-cast” is improved by 0.7 percentage points since Friday. That modest overall gain matches the small gain that he made in the national polls on Monday, suggesting that the national polls may be coming into line with the state polls rather than the other way around.[/bold]

by Anonymousreply 2110/16/2012

OK "people" at R19, (et.al.)

Tell us how Romney would do a better job.

by Anonymousreply 2210/16/2012

r19. Do you support Romney?

WHY?

by Anonymousreply 2310/16/2012

{crickets}

by Anonymousreply 2510/16/2012

Why are you afraid to admit you support Romney, R19/R24?

Do YOU think the economy is more important than social issues? We can get specific.

But even so, WHAT EXACTLY is it that Romney is prepared to do for the economy. What does "the way he talks" mean?

by Anonymousreply 2610/16/2012

Who are these "people" you talk about then?

From what I've heard "people" think Obama is doing well with the economy.

by Anonymousreply 2710/16/2012

You mean these "People" r24?

by Anonymousreply 2810/16/2012

There is reason to distrust that USA Today/Gallup poll with respect to its conclusions about Obama and Romney being tied with women. See the link for details.

The bottom line is that if you look at registered voters in that poll, Obama still leads 53-44. And in 14 state polls conducted in those swing states since October 4, Obama leads among women in all of them, including 10 where he has a double-digit lead. The Gallup poll is an outlier.

by Anonymousreply 3010/16/2012

I love you r30. Where did you find that document?

by Anonymousreply 3110/16/2012

R29 you are the yellowest yellow of yellows with pro-Romney posts and threads. Come on, some of us have been here awhile.

So yes, you are pro-Romney.

The question is, do you even know why?

by Anonymousreply 3210/16/2012

The good part about a Romney win would be that four years of Romney would destroy the Rethuglican party forever. They would totally fall apart.

by Anonymousreply 3310/16/2012

R33, don't count on it. The thing that concerns me is that regardless of who is elected, the economy is expected to continue to slowly recover. If Romney and Ryan manage to pass the kind of radical agenda that they are pushing, e.g., massive tax cuts, massive defense spending increases, the destruction of Medicaid and Medicare, etc., they are going to point to the slowly-recovering economy and claim that their policies caused the recovery.

The long-term damage will be incalculable but in the short term, the Republican Party might benefit.

by Anonymousreply 3410/16/2012

3 Points about the Daily Kos/PPP poll:

1. PPP does not have the same amount of experience doing National polls as it does doing State polls

2. The sample size is 44% Conservative and 16% Liberal

3. Sunday's sample looks like an outlier since it has a huge level of support for Romney

4. It is in conflict with today's Rasmussen poll which shows Romney with only a (+2) National lead and shows Obama (+2) in the Swing States

by Anonymousreply 3510/16/2012

NO r33. having the House and Senate LOSE would destroy the party. Can we make that happen please??

by Anonymousreply 3610/16/2012

Hi "business" background is one of total exploitation. He "harvests" companies, even by his own admission. He sends jobs overseas. If he cannot exploit the middle calss, he ignores them. Hi s"business" background should strike fear in the hearts of the electorate.

by Anonymousreply 3710/16/2012

[quote]Do YOU think the economy is more important than social issues?

Yes. I'm not r19/r24, but I think the economy is more important than social issues right now, and I'd NEVER vote for Romney because he's given no credible indication that he will do anything to improve the economy for anybody but the 1%. If you're not an imbecile or a selfish billionaire, you've no need to make a choice between the economy and social issues in this election.

by Anonymousreply 3810/16/2012

The idea that Obama isn't doing well with the economy and the somehow ROBBER-BARON Romney would be magic at it- is a GOP Rovian style talking point.

It's shallow and has no substance behind it. They just keep repeating it over and over and over until the fucking plebs believe it and have one more rationalization to vote against the black guy.

by Anonymousreply 3910/16/2012

R19/R24 has left us to bump up old threads about the economy.

Still not answering how Romney helps the economy is any of those posts, though.

by Anonymousreply 4010/16/2012

If it's not the US of A then STFU!

by Anonymousreply 4210/16/2012

Seems you can tell us everything except why you're voting for Romney, R41.

by Anonymousreply 4410/16/2012

Really, R43?

Why are you "obsessed" with promoting Mitt Romney, but can't answer why?

We're just following along a logical continuation of your "obsession."

But you've made it clear--you're a troll. Nothing more. Nothing less.

by Anonymousreply 4610/16/2012

Canada. Eastern part. Figures.

by Anonymousreply 4710/16/2012

R45 confuses our interest in why he's posting here with any interest in him personally.

by Anonymousreply 4810/16/2012

Damn troll r 45 - You non answers are just sad. You are why trolldar was made.

by Anonymousreply 4910/16/2012

[quote]will you be briding the waitress to find out what salad dressing I use?

Not interested in "briding" a waitress. I prefer waiters but wouldn't brid one.

by Anonymousreply 5010/16/2012

r45 you're a measly coward.

by Anonymousreply 5110/16/2012

I hope not all Canadians are like r45.

by Anonymousreply 5210/16/2012

What you say may be true, time will undoubtedly tell.

It's hard to believe that with President Obama's record of achievement that anybody would want to risk voting for Rmoney, who has such a shallow and poor record of achievement.

by Anonymousreply 5310/16/2012

[quote]Romney is now tied with Obama among women in those key swing states.

I weep for my own sex but I don't pay any attention to polls. They change daily and each one has a different result and who the hell are they polling? They haven't ever called me and I'm almost 50.

by Anonymousreply 5510/16/2012

VOTE! Obama will be victorious if people vote. The Republicans are fired up to steal your money, don't let them. Don't let more Republican led economic disasters occur, we are on a strong ascent thanks to Obama's pragmatism, we can't afford to lose our steam.

by Anonymousreply 5610/16/2012

Obama calls the collapse of his campaign in one night, and he needs to realize that only he can save it in tonight's debate. The responsibility for this election lies on his shoulders and will depend on tonight. I hope he realizes this and has prepared accordingly.

by Anonymousreply 5710/16/2012

Dramatic much, R57?

by Anonymousreply 5810/16/2012

I honestly can't understand haw any woman in her right mind could support let alone actually vote for Mittens. It's insane. I saw a woman in my town in Rhode Island getting into a Suburban with a Romney/Ryan sticker on it. I just couldn't help staring at her with fascination as they are a rare breed in this part of the country and also because it makes no kind of sense. So many things that women take for granted today would be rolled back and done away with. Then of course these idiots would wake up from their self absorbtion and realize that the shit has hit the fan. I kind of relish that happening but at the same time realistically dread it as well. He and Ryan are dangerous men.

by Anonymousreply 5910/16/2012

The hippie, pot-smoking artist across the street has a Romney/Ryan sign in his yard. I thought "WTF kind of self-respecting hippie artist is he voting for a rabid anti-partying douchebag like that?"

by Anonymousreply 6010/16/2012

r 57 is ringing the alram in every thread. His adrenal glands must be malfunctioning.

by Anonymousreply 6110/16/2012

Well some of these pollsters are wrong. Which do you believe that Washpost/ABC poll showing Obama up 3 with likely voters and up 5 with "swing state" voters or the Gallup poll showing the opposite?

by Anonymousreply 6210/16/2012

I live in a city with a large air force base. It's not unusual here to see women with Romney/Ryan bumper stickers. I figure if they're that stupid about taking care of themselves, they're probably Catholic too.

by Anonymousreply 6310/16/2012

R63 military wives are usually fat frumps (you will rarely see a trim, attractive one, seriously) and the Air Force is populated with conservative christians.

by Anonymousreply 6410/16/2012

Wow, that's a LOOOOONG lunch, r45.

by Anonymousreply 6510/16/2012

Frankly, conservative Christian or Catholic, a woman would have to be self-hating to choose to be part of either one.

by Anonymousreply 6610/16/2012

What woman would support or vote for Romney.

Fucking idiot, racist, bitches!

by Anonymousreply 6710/16/2012

I honestly think Obama will win by a large margins when people get to the polls. I don't believe or trust these polls, on both sides.

by Anonymousreply 6810/16/2012

r68, I think Obama will win by 3%.

by Anonymousreply 6910/16/2012

I also think that Obama will pull it off if only by winning key states. I am just fucking praying for it all to be over. If I see one more Scott Brown and/or Elizabeth Warren ad I will go crazy. Also in Mass they have started with the commercials for the Kennedy who is running for Barney Frank's seat. Jeezzzzz he is a scary pale redhead. He is ghostly.

by Anonymousreply 7010/16/2012

He looks cute to me, R70.

He will be a good choice to take over from Barney Frank.

What are you seeing in your neighborhood in MA? What are people saying about Warren vs. Brown?

by Anonymousreply 7110/16/2012

I'll also be relieved when this election cycle is over.

by Anonymousreply 7210/16/2012

Only racists would vote for that man. Disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 7310/16/2012

I am so glad our fears were not realized. Think how nervous we were just four weeks ago.

by Anonymousreply 7411/21/2012

I'm glad the post I made at R35 turned out to be accurate. : )

by Anonymousreply 7511/21/2012

I wonder if Obama was afraid if he won the first debate too easily, that Romney would shoot him, and it was necessary for Romney to believe he would win to prevent some horrible consequence.

by Anonymousreply 7611/21/2012

Poetic justice

by Anonymousreply 7711/21/2012
Need more help? Click Here.