Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Once Upon A Time (ABC): Season 2

Upon request, a new thread for the new season. We're already three episodes in.

Magic has returned to Storybrooke, and all of its residents have had their memories of their fairy tale lives returned to them. However, they have no idea how to return to the Enchanted Forest, and aren't even sure if it exists anymore. Meanwhile, it turns out a portion of the Enchanted Forest was saved from Regina's spell, and some of its residents (including Regina's mother, the evil witch Cora) have an interest in crossing over to the other side.

Feel free to discuss inside...

by Anonymousreply 9607/20/2013

Just caught the third episode on Hulu - really, one of the strongest ones in the show so far. I thought the theme of parent's sacrifices for their children was really well handled and touching, and I'm glad Emma got over her random snit against her parents for sending her to safety.

I was sad to see Lancelot killed off after just one episode... it would have been nice to explore his backstory a bit more (i.e. his forbidden love of Guinevere), and I have a soft spot for the actor (Sinqua Walls, who also plays Boyd on Teen Wolf).

Only part that struck me as a little odd was Henry and Charming being in Regina's vault, with all her magic items and hearts stored away, and not only do they not explore, Charming says he's going to warn everyone away. I mean, I guess it's dangerous, but characters like the Huntsman would have appreciated knowing where their hearts were kept.

by Anonymousreply 110/16/2012

I'm hoping Prince Charming gets naked at some point.

by Anonymousreply 210/16/2012

R1, Lancelot was only killed off in the post-curse magic kingdom. In the per-curse storylines, he's still alive (ie, the scene where he married Snow and Charming.)

And of course, he might now be dead post-curse, either. I'll bet Cora got rid of him without killing him, and he's going to wander into Storybrooke in modern dress soon.

by Anonymousreply 310/16/2012

Lana Parilla is the reason I watch this.

by Anonymousreply 410/16/2012

I still miss the hunky Huntsman.

by Anonymousreply 510/16/2012

I was wondering who, exactly, asked the Mayor/Evil Queen to leave? She said she'd been "asked to leave" when the kid called her. Last week she was chucking fire balls at the populace - now the can just ask her to go and she's all "ok. I'll pack it up myself!"

by Anonymousreply 610/16/2012

I only watch for Lana, too.

They are obviously setting this up so that Regina can redeem herself. They are setting up Cora to cross over and then Regina will no longer be the main villain. I think that's actually good even though I do like her as the evil queen but I think they have seen she is the most popular character on the show and they are wanting to do more with her and make her more interesting. Plus, she has chemistry with Emma so they are going to team them up against Cora.

But the show is pretty silly. I'm so sick of Snow White and the Prince. Hope they move away from them very soon.

by Anonymousreply 710/16/2012

Promo for the fourth episode - I have to say, the young guyliner-wearing Captain Hook is pretty damn hot.

by Anonymousreply 810/17/2012

Love Gennifer but she looks better with longer hair. Short pixie just not for her... and those ears.

by Anonymousreply 910/17/2012

I have been very disappointed in the show this season.

I may give up if it doesn't get better in the next few episodes.

by Anonymousreply 1010/17/2012

[quote]I was sad to see Lancelot killed off after just one episode... it would have been nice to explore his backstory a bit more

I, too, would like to explore his backstory.

by Anonymousreply 1110/17/2012

don't you mean you'd like to explore his backside?

by Anonymousreply 1210/20/2012

I don't know if it's his looks alone or the way he's made up and photographed, but I think the guy who plays Prince Charming is one of the most handsome men on television.

by Anonymousreply 1310/20/2012

Ginny looks great, even with the short hair, though longer suits her better. Jennifer should go red. Lana is stunning!

by Anonymousreply 1410/20/2012

I saw a pic of Captain Hook and immediately perked up but Colin O'Donoghue really needs the beard and eyeliner to get that smoldering look. He's kind of bland without it.

by Anonymousreply 1510/20/2012

I am pretty impressed how they introduced Captain Hook into the show.

by Anonymousreply 1610/22/2012

I just found out that hot piece Josh Dallas is fucking Ginnifer Goodwin. Good for her.

by Anonymousreply 1710/22/2012

WTF Ginny?

by Anonymousreply 1810/28/2012

I love the interaction between Lena and JMo.

by Anonymousreply 1911/01/2012

So when do we think Rumplestilskin's son is going to show up?He'd be around 40 right since he arrived in the "real" world a few years before the curse took hold?

by Anonymousreply 2011/02/2012

What was in the box?

by Anonymousreply 2111/05/2012

[quote]What was in the box?

Prince Charming's dick.

by Anonymousreply 2211/05/2012

I caught up on the episodes and thought the writing's improved a bit - doing a better job tying themes together. The episode where Daniel was revived by Frankenstein, and Regina had to finally let him go, was a nice touch.

Also, liked the portrayal of Henry's father (Nick?) who I guess is the businessman we saw in the beginning of the first episode. Though what was August / Pinocchio's reason for being a complete dick and having him break Emma's heart?

Also, Emma was supposed to be something like 17 years old in those flashbacks... um, yeah, no. Maybe Regina could pull off being "younger" because her age and timeline has always been indeterminate, but "17 year old" Emma was really stretching it (even in the present, she looks a bit older than 28).

by Anonymousreply 2311/10/2012

I think nick is rumplestilskins son. Making him Henry's grandfather.

by Anonymousreply 2411/10/2012

Well, all I can say is the secret of what happened to me was that I watched an episode of the rambling, schlocky, humorless, mean-spirited mess and.....

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..........

by Anonymousreply 2511/10/2012

I think it is much weaker this season. Last season I foudnd myself riveted, never knowing what to expect around the next turn. This season I can barely maintain my interest through an entire episode.

I thought adding Dr. Frankenstein was a bit of a stretch (he's never been a fairy tale character).

I had heard the Huntsman was supposed to be returning. Now, if he, Hook, and Charming share the screen together, I don't know if I'd be able to handle all of that hotness at one time.

I agree with everyone that Lana is the star of the show.

by Anonymousreply 2611/10/2012

I still like the show, but... I think they pulled the trigger too fast on the characters in Storybrook getting their memories back and magic coming to Storybrook. They should have waited at least another season for the truth to come out. Also, I don't like that they are muddying the waters with Regina. Cora is fine, but making her the true big bad to humanize Regina even further just weighs down the show. Let Regina be a bitch and evil with her one true humanizing trait being her love for Henry. No need for Cora, except in flashbacks.

Also, the three leads; Snow, Charming, and Emma have very little rooting interest. Do you really care if Snow and Charming are together? Why do we care about Emma? The relationship I want to see his Regina and Henry.

by Anonymousreply 2711/10/2012

I could do without Aurora and Mulan,they don't bring much to the show or at least haven't yet.Also wouldn't Gold's son be in his early 40s since he went through before Emma was even born?

by Anonymousreply 2811/10/2012

Lana and JMo have good chemistry.

by Anonymousreply 2911/10/2012

Who is JMo? I would like to see Regina and Charming fuck. I think she could get some life out of that character.

by Anonymousreply 3011/10/2012

JMo is Jennifer Morrison, playing Emma.

by Anonymousreply 3111/11/2012

Jennifer Morrison is supposed to be how old in this show? She looks around 35. And is not a great actress. Or a good one. Who cast her?

by Anonymousreply 3211/12/2012

Episodes without Lana Parrilla, this show is really dull. Hope she was on last night.

by Anonymousreply 3311/12/2012

I agree. The episodes without Lana suck. She was on last night but very briefly.

by Anonymousreply 3411/12/2012

Who played Anita, Red's supposed mother? She looks so familiar, but I can't place her. The full cast list for this episode is not up on IMDb yet.

by Anonymousreply 3511/13/2012

Annabeth Gish - I figured it out after I posted the above.

by Anonymousreply 3611/13/2012

R32 - I think she was supposed to be 28 or 29. She looks a hard 28.

by Anonymousreply 3711/13/2012

So what are the flaming red room nightmares about?

by Anonymousreply 3811/14/2012

The set for Red and her Mom reminded me of Lost Boys. And poor Charming, stuck in a disco inferno.

This season is more cheesy, but it's still fun.

by Anonymousreply 3911/27/2012

I hope Charming's clothes are lightly flammable so they burn away but yet don't do any physical harm to his person

by Anonymousreply 4011/27/2012

Last night was a little better but not good. They need to get it together or they're going to get canceled.

Also: Morrison is now fucking Sebastian Stan, who plays the Mad Hatter.

by Anonymousreply 4111/27/2012

R41 - supposedly re: JMo and Stan.

by Anonymousreply 4211/27/2012

I'm enjoying this season. Capt. Hook is hot as hell. I want to see him and Charming in a hot sexfest with a reanimated Lancelot.

by Anonymousreply 4311/28/2012

So Hook let Aurora go then ripped her heart out like Cora does to her victims?Does that mean Aurora is just a walking corpse puppet now?

by Anonymousreply 4411/28/2012

That confused me R44.

by Anonymousreply 4511/28/2012

I've only seen Season 1 and, at first, I thought it was ridiculous and Charming looked like the IT guy at any random company but he's grown on me. IMO, all of the men need longer hair to pull of that fairy tale look though. I don't like Cinderella looking like a dumb college sorority slut either.

The other odd thing is the combination of real fairy tale characters and made up Disney ones like Jiminy Cricket. I do love the evil queen though and do believe she can be redeemed.

Does Maleficent and the huntsman/sheriff come back?

by Anonymousreply 4611/28/2012

Its okay to redeem Regina from an all out murdering psycho, but please don't make her "good." Lana does the disgusted sneer thing to well, and since she is hot as hell I still want Regina to be the town predatory slut! She needs to be a bit of a gray character, whom you never know what she will do. Last year she was too cartoony. I would love it if they brought back Maleficent to deal with Regina after Regina "redeems," herself. Also I don't think Lancelot is dead...Cora is untrustworthy.

The prince charming actor is so completely dull and humorless, its hard to root for him.

by Anonymousreply 4711/28/2012

Maleficent was killed in this world by Emma. Waste of a good character.

by Anonymousreply 4811/28/2012

Wonder if Sebastian will throw over Morrison for co-star Maggie Grace in the upcoming revival of PICNIC?

by Anonymousreply 4911/28/2012

Wasn't Maleficent 'Pam' from TRUE BLOOD or am I confused?

by Anonymousreply 5011/28/2012

Some kind of potion turns Charmng evil and he and Regina begin a steamy relationship. I would watch that.

by Anonymousreply 5111/28/2012

Only for the fun of seeing Snow watch it, and Emma say, "Seriously," when a cursed Charmed announces his engagement to his "blushing," bride. However, Lana is too hot to waste on that bland pretty boy, but it looks like this week we get to see the return of the Horny Evil Queen with Hook. Regina stuck in SB with Charming and Rumple, away from anyone she can have hot chemistry with (like Emma) is a waste.

by Anonymousreply 5211/28/2012

Yes Pam from TB was Maleficent.

Yes it appears Hook learned to take a heart but not sure why he didn't do that to emma. Seems sleeping beauty is a throw away character here. Supposedly Rumplestilskin's son is Peter Pan. What I don't get is they said that land was gone, but it is not? Why are they not trying to get back to it? They already have magic mirror (who they lost to revolution) who was Genie...Can Aladdin, Jasmine and Jafar be far behind?

ps I always thought Charming was a snore fest too until last episode when they put him in tighter pants...woof what a bulge!

by Anonymousreply 5311/28/2012

Shit, really R53? Nice package?

I was kind of wondering why Aurora wasn't in Season 1.

by Anonymousreply 5411/28/2012

I believe Hook took the heart while Aurora was still unconscious.

How utterly silly of Charming to bank on the true love kiss to bring him back from the Netherworld. I guess letting Henry do the message delivery stuff doesn't look so dangerous now?

Cora mentioned other worlds she traveled through. Guess that is a hint at Wonderland?

by Anonymousreply 5512/02/2012

[quote]I've only seen Season 1 and, at first, I thought it was ridiculous and Charming looked like the IT guy at any random company but he's grown on me.

I have no idea where you must work, but I'd love to work there. All the IT guys in every company I've ever worked in are fat trolls with neck-beards, pony-tails, and glasses.

by Anonymousreply 5612/02/2012

Jennifer Morrison filming a scene.

by Anonymousreply 5712/16/2012

And Ginny Goodwin

by Anonymousreply 5812/16/2012

We don't talk about this show any more?

They're talking about doing a Mad Hatter spinoff... but re-casting the Mad Hatter because the actor isn't available.

by Anonymousreply 5902/24/2013

Because it's gotten so bad it's barely watchable. I'm ready to stop watching it.

by Anonymousreply 6002/24/2013

I dunno, last week's episode was really soap-opera-y, but it was also really good.

by Anonymousreply 6102/24/2013

Jennifer and Ginny

by Anonymousreply 6203/04/2013

I liked this show last year, but not so this season. Too many story lines that are boring. I also think the same thing of "Revenge". Thought it was good last season, but it is way too over the top this season.

by Anonymousreply 6303/04/2013

So is Cora has been at this for awhile. What did she say to Snow's mother on her death bed/pedestal thing?

by Anonymousreply 6403/04/2013

Once Upon a Time is not doing well in the ratings. People'd better start watching again or the show will be canceled.

by Anonymousreply 6503/11/2013

I really wish they didn't kill of Cora. I understand why, but I will miss her. Especially after they just give us some back story.

by Anonymousreply 6603/11/2013

Well, supposedly we get some Cora backstory this week, but we already know she's the Miller's daughter from the original Rumpelstiltskin story. So I am guessing in this version, rather than the king marrying Cora as promised when she spins the straw into gold, he marries Snow's mother instead, sending Cora back to Rump to get revenge.

by Anonymousreply 6703/11/2013

Wrong R67.

[SPOILER WARNING]

Cora decided to marry the prince, not Rumplestiltskin as they agreed, in order to become royalty. She was going to take out the King's heart but he convinced her that it would be better for her to marry his son. She actually loved Rumpy and had to take out her own heart in order to part with him. When Regina put Cora's heart back in her body, she regained her love for Rumpy and magically took on the poison. And then she died.

by Anonymousreply 6803/11/2013

I am confused. I thought Cora and Regina lived on an estate where Regina fell in love with the stable boy or riding instructor or whatever he was. And Regina's father tried to get Cora to be less hard on Regina.

Did the prince have to go in to exile, so Snow's bitchy mother could marry the next king?

by Anonymousreply 6903/11/2013

Snow tricked Regina into putting the cursed heart back into her mother's body (a curse that Cora offered Snow when she was a child to save Snow's mother, Eva).

So Rumple is quite the ladies' man. Belle and Cora. What is Hook going to do in NY without his ship?

I am still curious about Rumple mentioning a fairy's magic who won't be missed a couple of episodes ago.

Where the fuck is Pinoccio?

by Anonymousreply 7003/11/2013

[quote] I am confused. I thought Cora and Regina lived on an estate where Regina fell in love with the stable boy or riding instructor or whatever he was. And Regina's father tried to get Cora to be less hard on Regina.

Yes, it's confusing. Cora married a prince and became a princess, and baby Regina was in line for the throne. Why would Cora have to kill Snow's mother in order for Regina to marry Snow's father and be queen?

I'm glad they gave us the back story with Rose McGowan as the young Cora and I was surprised they killed her off in this episode. She had a good moment at the end in her last scene with her daughter.

by Anonymousreply 7103/11/2013

Too many characters and plots. It seems like the show sometimes introduces characters, such as Dr. Frankenstein, to only push along one plot line but then quickly drops them. I'm wondering if at some point they're going to wind up killing off a lot of secondary and perhaps a few primary characters.

by Anonymousreply 7203/11/2013

I had to groan when it was revealed that the outsider guy had a previous encounter with Storybrook as a kid.

Also I don't like the plot of Snow whining and regretting her part in killing Cora. And the scene of Regina ripping Snow's heart out and putting it back in was probably the worst scene in OUAT. So cheesy and overly dramatic.

However the latest episode has some nice moments like the re-appearance of the sherrif/huntsman and Regina's Groundhog Day sequence.

by Anonymousreply 7303/18/2013

I thought Regina's ripping out her heart was pretty good. "I never learn from my mistakes." Loved the look on her face when she said that.

And the darkness in the heart was a nice teaser for me.

The adult/kid was interesting too. Is his dad down in Regina's downstairs psych ward where Belle was?

by Anonymousreply 7403/20/2013

I liked Rose as young Cora. And she (Rose) is not as odd looking as last time I saw her on tv in her guest spot on L&O:SUV (where he face was so overfilled she looked like she was in pain).

by Anonymousreply 7503/21/2013

Pic of JMo, Ginny, and Lana

by Anonymousreply 7603/28/2013

They're feeding the cast well.

by Anonymousreply 7703/28/2013

Badass Emma

by Anonymousreply 7804/05/2013

Nothing about the OUAT spin-off of Alice in Wonderland? Paul Ruebens (Peewee Herman) was chosen to do voice work/

by Anonymousreply 7904/05/2013

Who else is in it?

by Anonymousreply 8004/06/2013

Sebastian Stan plays Jefferson/The Hatter.

by Anonymousreply 8104/06/2013

Is JMo still with Sebstain?

by Anonymousreply 8204/06/2013

'Once Upon a Time' spinoff casting: 'Wonderland' casts Paul Reubens as the White Rabbit

By Laurel Brown, April 5, 2013 4:19 PM ET

Have you ever pictured the White Rabbit of "Alice in Wonderland" fame as having a Pee-Wee Herman voice?

Considering that the potential "Once Upon a Time" spinoff, "Once Upon a Time in Wonderland," has just cast Paul Reubens as the voice of its White Rabbit character, the Pee-Wee connection may soon become easy.

As first reported by Deadline.com, Reubens will provide the voice for the iconic character. The rabbit itself will be created using CG animation, as will many other characters in the show. Which voice Reubens -- most famous for the character, Pee-Wee Herman -- will use for the bunny is a mystery. Ralph Hemecker, a frequent director of "Once Upon a Time" episodes, is set direct the pilot from "Once" executive producers Edward Kitsis and Adam Horowitz.

"Wonderland" will, assuming the pilot moves forward, take viewers to the pre-curse fantasy world by that name. Alice (Sophie Lowe) is the main character and a young woman with a good heart but many emotional scars. Her love interest, Cyrus (Peter Gadiot), and the Knave of Hearts (Michael Socha) will join Alice on her adventures. They will have to contend with "Through the Looking Glass" antagonist, the Red Queen (Emma Rigby) as well.

While characters from "Once Upon a Time" have not yet been confirmed for the new pilot, there have been indications that Sebastian Stan would reprise his role as the Mad Hatter in the series.

by Anonymousreply 8304/06/2013

Is the spin-off filmed in England? Apart from Reubens all announced actors are British. I mean every single one of them. Sophia Lowe, Peter Gadiot, Michael Socha, and Emma Rigby all were born in England.

by Anonymousreply 8404/06/2013

I have to admit, I have not been a big fan of this season, but the latest episode has drawn me back in again.

by Anonymousreply 8505/06/2013

I liked the add with The Evil Queen (Lana Parilla) wandering around Fantasyland in Disney World.

by Anonymousreply 8605/06/2013

So, who are the folks at the home office? Any guesses?

by Anonymousreply 8705/06/2013

R87, an older Wendy?

by Anonymousreply 8805/07/2013

Lana just got engaged.

by Anonymousreply 8905/07/2013

Giny Goodwin at the Met Gala

by Anonymousreply 9005/07/2013

And Jennifer Morrison at Met Gala

by Anonymousreply 9105/07/2013

Jennifer looked amazing here

by Anonymousreply 9205/07/2013

Once Upon a Time barely made it to a third season and ABC schedules a spinoff? WTF?!

by Anonymousreply 9305/17/2013

Regina takes over Disney World.

by Anonymousreply 9405/17/2013

Jennifer Morrison looking classy.

by Anonymousreply 9506/27/2013

Jennifer Morrison at Comic Con.

by Anonymousreply 9607/20/2013
Need more help? Click Here.