Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Victor Newman wants to do Jack Abbott more than ever (Part 2)

We got a new Summer today!! Yawn

Phyllis is acquitted just like that.

Jack and Victor were really going at it on Friday. You could see the passion in their eyes and it was like, good god, just get it over with and screw.

by Anonymousreply 60101/19/2013

Phyllis was acquitted??? WTF??? What happened? That is bullshit!

BTW, thanks for giving my original thread a sequel. Victor and Jack really do need to just fuck and get it over with.

by Anonymousreply 210/15/2012

by Anonymousreply 310/15/2012

The case was thrown out because it was revealed that Christine wasn't REALLY a federal agent, but a consultant on a federal case. Therefore the statute of limitations now longer applied and the judge threw out the case.

It was very anti-climatic after they've led us down this path for months now.

Christine did call Phyllis a bitch though and they had a nice fight.

by Anonymousreply 410/15/2012

Thank goodness, R5! She should stick it to Big Red's ass!

by Anonymousreply 610/15/2012

Supposedly, this month will be Y&R at its lowest point. By all accounts, it'll get a lot more interesting once the current team is able to dig out of the mess left by the previous dumbasses.

by Anonymousreply 710/15/2012

But R7 the new writers are already getting credit. Their episodes started airing Oct 9 (even though MAB is still getting co-credit).

Couldn't we have had Phyllis in the slammer for a few weeks, or even a single episode?

by Anonymousreply 810/15/2012

It felt like we were cheated at first with Phyllis' case being thrown out but Uncle Phil, err, I mean the judge actually made a lot of sense. I like that he took Cricket to task for playing fast and loose with the term "federal agent". It works, plus having Phyllis in jail again is boring. I'd rather see her have to pay millions!

by Anonymousreply 910/16/2012

Glad Phyllis walked too. Christine is an ass and besides I hate jail stories. They bore me to death.

by Anonymousreply 1010/16/2012

I can't be the only one who still hates the Bug for taking over the show every summer with her do good nonsense and making us sit throw those disgusting Danny Romalotti concerts.

by Anonymousreply 1110/16/2012

I'll never forget the Valentine's Day episode back in the Eighties when not one, not two, not three, but FOUR gentlemen callers appeared at Cricket's door with flowers and candy.

It's so satisfying that she is now portrayed as a total loser in love and that Phyllis throws it in her face every chance she gets. Yet I want to see Christine take everything she possibly can from Phyllis. Miserable and screaming at each other: That's how I want to see them, forever.

by Anonymousreply 1210/16/2012

There is no statute of limitations on attempted murder, no matter who the person is.

by Anonymousreply 1310/16/2012

There was no murder just attempted.

by Anonymousreply 1410/16/2012

it's ridiculous that everyone is treating Christine like she's some kind of vengeful bitch for wanting Phyllis brought to justice and it's ironic since back in the 80s and 90s Christine could do no wrong.

by Anonymousreply 1510/16/2012

Phyllis should be jailed. Cricket isn't wrong.

by Anonymousreply 1610/16/2012

LMAO, R11! When I was a kid I actually liked Michael and Phyllis because they tormented Christine. I couldn't stand Miss Goody Two Shoes.

The only reason I've grown to dislike Phyllis is because she's done way worse than Adam and Daisy, but she still acts all holier than thou. Kevin's the same way and it's revisionist bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 1710/16/2012

I can't stand Kevin. He's such a whiny wimp. I also dislike Phyllis with Ronan and Nick.

by Anonymousreply 1810/16/2012

"...taking over the show every summer with her do good nonsense..."

Anyone else remember the nursing home storyline? Now there's some scintillating soap!

by Anonymousreply 1910/16/2012

Susan Flannery is breaking my heart with this storyline. Just go ahead and give her next year's Emmy.

Will Ronn Moss show up for her final show? I also read something about Bell getting her and Sally Spectra back together I guess through some kind of digital technology but not sure if that's confirmed.

by Anonymousreply 2010/16/2012

[quote]Glad Phyllis walked too. Christine is an ass...

Bitch, please. Cricket has every right to HATE SyPhyllis. That lunatic stole her husband and trapped him in a freakshow marriage under false pretenses, and then attempted to kill her and Paul. Phyllis should be UNDER the jail. But if that can't happen, then I'd like to see Cricket take her for everything she's worth.

by Anonymousreply 2110/16/2012

Summer is a horrible spoiled brat. I hope they write her off the show. I also dislike Nick and Avery together.

by Anonymousreply 2210/16/2012

[quote] There is no statute of limitations on attempted murder, no matter who the person is

Yes there is. It's murder that has no statute of limitations.

And regarding Kevin lying about covering up Tim's death. Chloe wouldn't have to testify against Kevin. A wife can't be forced to testify against her husband.

by Anonymousreply 2310/16/2012

Cricket should call on former sister in law Sheila to deal with the ginger hornet once and for all.

Nice scene of Sheila greeting Cricket at Michael Baldwin's office here (she also meets Michael this episode, in his original psycho incarnation). Of course Sheila only wants Cricket over for dinner to make inroads with Scott. It's up to you whether she gives a damn about Cricket or is just playing sweet:

by Anonymousreply 2410/16/2012

I hate the way characters have been rewritten on this show. The problem is, Bill Bell had such a singular vision for his characters that a lot of them tended to go in extremes (Nikki as emotionally dependent on Victor, Ashley as melancholic, Jack as risk taker, Nina as streetwise, Kay as vindictive etc).

Michelle Stafford's original Phyllis was a vampiric and psychotic woman. The way they have basically rewritten her to be a protagonist is simply not following through with the narrative. The show is not honoring history. The SORAS is out of control. Most of America doesn't care, they just want a continuing story. But there has to be a minority Y&R audience that objects to characters like Phyllis being glorified when she started off as THIS:

by Anonymousreply 2510/16/2012

Sharon set fire to the Newman ranch today. Adam is going to save her. SC was good in her scenes today. Y&R is getting better.

by Anonymousreply 2610/17/2012

R24: Thanks for posting that clip! I don't even recall Cricket and Sheila ever interacting.

R25: I can't speak with authority on what Bill Bell intended since the show had been on nearly ten years by the time I was born, but I definitely fall in that "minority Y&R audience that objects to characters like Phyllis being glorified" (despite their villainous backgrounds). The worse offenders are:

MIchael Baldwin...who went from sexually harassing Cricket to trying to kidnap her. I think he also tried to kill Paul or Danny, who tried to save he's the fucking district attorney? Wouldn't his past be an issue for such a highly visible position?

Kevin Fisher...a former child predator who slept with an underage Lily Winters and gave her gonorrhea in the process. He then locked Colleen in a freezer and tried to burn down Gina Roma's restaurant in an attempt to kill her. Now he's acting like a cunt to his wife because she told his brother about his helping to move a dead body! Granted, everyone in Genoa City tried to kill Colleen (including Kevin's ex), but c'mon!

And then there's Phyllis! Batshit crazy Phyllis who tried to kill Paul and Christine, and may have killed a former co-worker, now has the audacity to sit in judgment of people like Daisy, Adam, and Sharon?

I realize people are multifaceted and rarely strictly heroes or strictly villains; however, it sucks that Y&R has gotten away from a formula that worked so, so well. Why do you think Sheila STILL has a bunch of devoted fans? Sure, she TRIED to be good every now and then, but the woman was (?) an evil bitch to the core.

by Anonymousreply 2710/17/2012

1983 to 1986 where the golden years of Y&R

by Anonymousreply 2810/17/2012

Yea I'm hoping the new EP puts an end to the Phyllis hour. That dumb bitch and all her airtime damn near sank the show.

by Anonymousreply 2910/17/2012

Michelle Stafford is a good actress (even if she is a $cieno), but she's best when Phyllis is backed into a corner. This sanctimonious bullshit needs to be put to rest.

I also can't stand Ronan now because he's been pretty self righteous in the past, but now he's going out of his way to protect Phyllis.

by Anonymousreply 3010/17/2012

I agree with you about Ronan. I used to like that character but now I can't stand him. Man I hate Phyllis/Michelle Stafford. Not becuse she is into Scientology ...BIG TIME! But because of all her backstage shit and all the actors/characters fired or sacrificed so she can "shine". As I said earlier, I hope the new regime has the guts to finally stop that bitch. She has sunk the show long enough.

by Anonymousreply 3110/17/2012

[bold]Meet Genoa City's Newest Residents on The Young and The Restless![/bold]

Call the fire department because The Young and the Restless is bringing the heat! is reporting Y&R has cast two fine bruthas, Redaric Williams and Lamon Archey. Williams landed the role of Tyler Douglas.

Back in August we posted Williams' impressive audition tape, where Tyler is hired by Neil (Kristoff St. John) at Jabot and mixes things up with his baby girl Lily (Christel Khalil). Archey has signed on to play Mason. Look for both to debut on Y&R in November.

by Anonymousreply 3210/18/2012

I haven't seen this show in years. Is Mary Williams still the biggest passive-aggressive cunt to end all passive-aggressive cunts? Are Brad and Stacey still married? Did Sheila ever wind up killing Laura?

by Anonymousreply 3310/18/2012

It's Lauren Fenmore Baldwin to you r33.

Marys gone. They havnt killed off her character to my knowledge but she hasn't been seen in years. Too bad. She was quite a character.

by Anonymousreply 3410/18/2012

Even Jack's dead father knows Jack wants to get fucked by Victor. Jack is jealous of Nikki and wants Victor all for himself. It's getting uncomfortable to watch.

I'm loving watching Sharon spiral out of control. Her performance/storyline has been such high camp lately and I'm savoring every minute of it. Her trashing the ranch was priceless.

by Anonymousreply 3510/18/2012

Damnit, I haven't been keeping up with Y&R so I'm missing everything. Sharon ransacked the ranch? She is truly going off the deep end. She's been batshit for quite a few years now.

by Anonymousreply 3610/18/2012

[bold]Spoilers from the new regime @ Y&R[/bold]

Down the road previews

Genevieve leaves Genoa City

Abby says goodbye Victor tests his children’s strength, resolve and loyalty

Adam reverts to his dark side in an epic struggle with his father

A complete mental breakdown takes Sharon to a place where she can finally begin her journey of recovery

A tragedy changes life at the ranch forever

Nikki, Victor, Victoria and Nicholas struggle to overcome their broken hearts

After losing everything, Sharon must rebuild her life and her family’s

Sharon finds happiness again with a former love

Frustrated by Nick and Sharon’s screw ups, Noah becomes rebellious

Fen is tormented by teen troublemaker Shane

Troubled, introverted teen Jamie joins the younger set

Tyler Douglas, a young man orphaned as a 16 year old, arrives on the scene in Genoa City after working his way through college

Neil’s interaction with Tyler changes the Winters family dynamics

Singer Adrianna flees her older brother and lands in Genoa City with a big secret

Jack finds that having it all doesn’t make him invincible

The decision to remove the bullet brings an unexpected negative result

Billy and Jack fall into conflict over Jack’s situation

Katherine decides to un-retire and resume control of Chancellor Industries

Tucker expresses his concern from a place of limited credibility

Worry prompts Tucker to ask for help from the one person his mother might respond to

Jill confronts Katherine about the potential ramifications for her health

Tucker and Jill are brought into one another’s orbit as they work together to protect Katherine

Paul takes an emotional journey to understand Ricky and rediscover his own true and good self

Phyllis makes a decision that breaks a stunning taboo

Nick and Phyllis’s relationship implodes

Summer struggles with anger, grief and acting out as her mother’s choices devastate her family

In her trial’s wake, Phyllis embarks on a plan to win back her pride and dignity

Jack reaches out to Phyllis with a supportive hand up

Phyllis and Jack reconnect

Daisy’s past catches up with her

by Anonymousreply 3710/19/2012

What stunning taboo can Phyllis possibly break? Especially on a show where a woman just married her ex's dad/children's grandfather...and a character had an affair with a guy who could've been her half brother (Victoria and Cole).

I think Phyllis either had sex with Noah or Kyle.

by Anonymousreply 3810/19/2012

Stephanie told Brooke on Friday It made me cry.

by Anonymousreply 3910/20/2012

R39 I cried over Brooke and Stephanie too, and I love to hate Brooke more than I love to love her. She can be a self-righteous bitch when defending her precious Hope, but when she wants to turn in a good performance KKL can turn it on.

by Anonymousreply 4010/20/2012

R40, Katherine (Brooke) didn't have to act in her scenes with Leslie (Stephanie)-it was obvious there was genuine love and affection between the two and Katherine must be devastated that Leslie's actually leaving the show after 25 years. Many of their scenes were with only each other. That's a long time to have an acting partner.

by Anonymousreply 4110/21/2012

Oops, Susan Flannery plays Stephanie, of course.

In that fladhback shown on Friday Katherine Kelly Lange was extremely pretty. She was a pretty hopeless actress then but it didn't matter. Ronn Moss (Ridge) was the worst actor ever on daytime soaps apart from Drake Hogestyn.

by Anonymousreply 4210/21/2012

The Stephanie storyline is makimg me cry everyday.

I can only imagine her last scene with KKL on top of that bringing back Sally Spectra.

I'm verklemph.

by Anonymousreply 4310/21/2012

I'm tired of Phyllis.

by Anonymousreply 4410/21/2012

[quote] I hate Phyllis/Michelle Stafford. Not becuse she is into Scientology ...BIG TIME! But because of all her backstage shit and all the actors/characters fired or sacrificed so she can "shine".

details of her backstage antics please

by Anonymousreply 4510/22/2012

Though not named everyone believes that Michelle Stafford (Phyllis) threatened fellow actor Michael Fairman (Murphy) on the set of Y&R because he, a former $cieno, had gone on record about the abuses and insanity of the so called religion.

The only other $cieno of reknown in the cast is Sharon Case (Sharon) who no one believes would threaten anyone.

by Anonymousreply 4610/22/2012

Scientology seems to be a magnet for closet cases. Is Michelle gay? She's always given off a lesbian vibe.

by Anonymousreply 4710/22/2012

The fact that so many actors are scienos pretty much puts it in the "fad" category. I cannot believe any sane person would take this voodoo religion seriously.

by Anonymousreply 4810/22/2012

All the flashbacks with Nikki and Victor had me emotional today.

I am so bored with Lily and Cane. You think they're at there lowest point and then they bore us even more. Either give them a storyline or write them off the show.

by Anonymousreply 4910/23/2012

Summer is so annoying. I'm disappointed that Phyllis got away with running Cricket and Danny over. She needs to pay. It looks like she and Jack will hook up again. She should be jailed.

by Anonymousreply 5010/23/2012

I was so excited when christel Khalil didn't renew her contract. She is so dull as Lily and has totally ruined the character of Cain. I wish they would both be written off. But alas she renewed at the last minute.

by Anonymousreply 5110/23/2012

The new summer looks like Sharon, not like Phyllis. What horrible and confusing casting.

by Anonymousreply 5210/23/2012

Ugh, they added another younger character? This Jamie kid whom Ronan is mentoring and Summer is going to get involved with? They get rid of Genevieve, Harmony and Abby to replace them with these teenagers?

Noah is clearly being built up for a gay storyline. He left New York because he couldn't deal with a boy, not a girl, I bet. Still, I don't really care.

I miss Ashley. I wish they would bring back some older characters instead of fill the show with these teens who are annoying and impossible to care about.

GH is doing a much better job with Kristina and Trey. As old as the Steffy/Hope/Liam triangle can get on Bold, at least they are good actors and likable in their own ways.

by Anonymousreply 5310/23/2012

Phyllis and Cricket fought in the coffee shop today! They need to let the two of them get into a physical knock-down-drag-out brawl.

by Anonymousreply 5410/24/2012

I usually hate Phyllis but when she's around the Bug I can't support her enough. The Bug has been a horror on the show for far too long. I'd love to see the two of them tussle ending with Phyllis cutting off the Bug's head and holding it up, blood dripping from the severed neck wound. Phyllis then could be carted off to the insane asylum where she now belongs and the show would be bugless and Syphyllis-less.

by Anonymousreply 5510/24/2012

I always thought it was just the Y&R cast and crew who didn't want Victoria Rowell back, but you can now add Sony and CBS/Les Moonves (!) to that list...

by Anonymousreply 5610/24/2012

I'm afraid that Heather Tom may steal the Emmy again from Susan Flannery next year

What is up with all that hip, annoying background music on Y/R?

by Anonymousreply 5710/25/2012

Heather Tom is doing excellent work, but I don't really like her storyline. And if they try to make Brooke and Bill a couple I won't buy it. Brooke can't stand Bill, and she just found out he got Deacon out of jail. That's the reason Hope didn't marry Liam and ultimately why Ridge left her. Brooke isn't so dumb, and neither are we.

by Anonymousreply 5810/26/2012

My guess is that Finola Hughes (Anna/GH) will get the Emmy this year. Her work has been excellent and part of the reason why GH is on the upswing - both storywise and in the ratings.

by Anonymousreply 5910/26/2012

Best years were the 70s. Loved the original Lesley/Lori/Brad storyline and the original Jill/Philip Chancellor Sr

by Anonymousreply 6010/26/2012

The Y&R of the early 70's is classic; the music, sets, costuming were all top notch. Inexperienced actors (like Brenda Dickson) still did good work. It played out so glam and glossy it was addictive. The Y&R of today is steady and familiar, but unfortunatley storylines are repeated over and over again. I love how no one calls Nikki on being a total c**t to Jack after walking out on him, and weeks later waiting to re-marry Victor. If that's a fictional depiction of true love, yuck.

by Anonymousreply 6110/26/2012

Y&R Spoilers: Week of October 29th

Billy is blackmailed; Jack takes pleasure in his takeover

- Kevin's dreams fall apart; Harmony and Neil say goodbye

- Sharon's secret could be exposed by Noah and Nick; Fen is worried about Summer's behavior.

- Adam goes to great lengths to protect Sharon; Chelsea and Chloe form an unexpected partnership.

- Jill comes back to Genoa City; Genevieve and Tucker say a heartbreaking farewell.

by Anonymousreply 6210/26/2012

Early YR had almost no lighting. It was very dark. It was just naked twenty year olds fucking and being angsty.

by Anonymousreply 6310/26/2012

I said this before 1982 to 1984 focusing on the Abbott and the Williams families was the golden years of the show.

by Anonymousreply 6410/26/2012

You obviously missed The Brooks sisters, Jill and Phillip and Kay, the Prentis storyline. That was classic YR.

by Anonymousreply 6510/26/2012

There is nothing "rootable" about the Newman family. They are a group of entitled fucks. Victor's misogyny knows no bounds. He scorns Nikki time and again. Threw Diane out of a moving ambulance (& suffered not a single consequence). Today's soap writers don't have a clue about how to write for a soap opera. It's plot driven nonsense and fuck the characters.

I hear so much about how Jill Faren Phelps will save the soap. This cunt is a destroyer of soaps. She has not saved one soap opera but has driven many of them off the air. I believe Sony & CBS have hired her just so that her ineptitude can make it easy for them to get rid of this soap. Brad Bell is also making it easy for them to can B&B.

by Anonymousreply 6610/26/2012

Sharon is so crazy. They need to change her storyline.

by Anonymousreply 6710/26/2012

The return of Sally Spectra was just a lounge chair with a red wig on it.

Highly disappointed.

by Anonymousreply 6810/28/2012

Didn't Aretha Franklin once confess that she had the hots for Victor Newman (or the actor playing him)?

by Anonymousreply 6910/28/2012

What did you want them to do? Recast Sally?

by Anonymousreply 7010/28/2012

R69, lots of women fancy Eric Braeden. I've known plenty of women who've described him as "Fine!" He really was a looker in his day.

by Anonymousreply 7110/28/2012

R65 you know Lori pushed her mother-in-law Vanessa over the balcony, and then later claimed that she committed suicide.

by Anonymousreply 7210/28/2012

Batshit crazy Vanessa hated Lori and jumped out of that window and set up Lori to take the blame. Lance's brother Lucas forced Lori to look into Vanessa's casket and blamed her in front of the entire church. Now that was classic YR. That Abbott/Newman stuff was child's play compared to that early YR.

by Anonymousreply 7310/28/2012

Vanessa set it all up R74. It was part of her plan to destroy Lori.

by Anonymousreply 7510/28/2012

After Vanessa got her face fixed, she was diagnosed with something terminal. Vanessa decided to kill herself so Lance and Lucas wouldn't be burdened with her. That is when she got the idea to use her suicide as a way to destroy Lori. She called Lori over, acted irrational and there was a struggle. Vanessa ran to the balcony, screaming just loud enough for the neighbors to hear. She jumped off the side and Lori was blamed.

by Anonymousreply 7710/28/2012

I believe Vanessa forged that letter herself.

by Anonymousreply 7910/28/2012

Vanessa stole Lori's stationery. The secret was the shocking truth about the paternity of Leslie's baby.

by Anonymousreply 8210/28/2012

No Lori was in the room with Vanessa when that happened. The stuggle happened, but Lori didn't push her. She jumped.

by Anonymousreply 8310/28/2012

Hahahaha, my mother and I are currently not on speaking terms (bad coming out earlier this year...she didn't take it so well); however, one of my favorite memories is her retelling old Y&R plots as "bedtime stories." My sister and I got into Y&R when we were growing up in the early 90s, so my mom would tell us about all the stuff that happened before we were born. The most interesting subplot involved the woman who's mother in law hated her more than anything. One day, while the woman was at her mother in law's, the MIL yelled out, "Lori, No!" and jumped off the balcony.

I guess my mom was telling me the story about Lori and Vanessa...

by Anonymousreply 8610/28/2012

The Mystery Woman tells Genevieve that she will confess

Genevieve arrives at the hotel room to find it turned upside down and blood stains on the floor

Cane urges his mother to call the police

Ronan finds a handkerchief belonging to Genevieve in the room and declares it to be evidence

Genevieve begs Lily and Cane for help

Victor is disappointed by Nick’s refusal to fight for Newman Enterprises

Nick wonders why he’s not good enough for Victor just the way he is

Billy begins to rebel against Victoria’s plan to use him as a spy

Victoria derides Billy’s loyalty to Jack and declares she would betray Nick if necessary

Nikki hopes Victoria will emulate Nick and let NE go

Victoria accuses Nick of being a traitor to the family

Victor learns that Billy is wavering and issues a threat

Billy is forced to choose between what he thinks is right, and Victor revealing the truth about what happened in Los Angeles

Victoria leaves for Miami as Jack makes a phone call arranging everything

Jack ignores the growing pain he feels in his back

Phyllis agrees to join Jack at NE

Jack collapses in excruciating pain

Phyllis frantically dials 9-1-1

Jack learns that the bullet has shifted to a dangerous position near his spine

The doctor tells Jack that he must undergo surgery or risk paralysis

Jack tries to find a way to wait until NE has stabilized

Phyllis implores Jack to put his health first

Adam approaches Jack with a risky proposal

Harmony tells Neil she’s leaving and bids him goodbye

Chloe and Kevin argue

Kevin’s hopes collapse

Summer’s wild ways worry Fen

Ronan’s investigation pressures Genevieve

Dire circumstances compel Genevieve to leave town

Genevieve and Tucker have one last bittersweet encounter as Cane watches unobserved

Nick and Noah find clues that point to Sharon

Sharon gets spooked on Halloween

Adam goes into protective mode for Sharon’s sake

Chloe and Chelsea bond

Heather and Genevieve make their departures

Jill comes home

[bold]A sneak peek at next week[/bold]

Chelsea accuses Adam of having an affair with Sharon

Adam tries to make Chelsea understand

Phyllis catches Nick and Avery together

Kevin and Michael argue

Michael gets a shock

Kay and Jill come face to face

by Anonymousreply 8810/28/2012

Well, R86, my mom claimed the mother in law jumped in order to frame Lori. Lori didn't sound particularly devious so it didn't seem like she would be the type to kill someone.

by Anonymousreply 8910/28/2012

R87 are you KT Stevens? :). Lori didn't push her. Vanessa hated Lori with a red hot passion and found the way to destroy her. Remember the scene when Lori pulled Vanessa's veil off?

by Anonymousreply 9010/28/2012

I think you're either pulling my leg R91 or you're confusing storylines.

by Anonymousreply 9210/28/2012

Justin, stop it

by Anonymousreply 9310/28/2012

Ok, I can play this game:

After taking a running start, Lori jumped in the air and karate kicked Vanessa while yelling out, "See you in hell, Vanessa!" Her poor mother in law flew over the balcony as Lori looked down and laughed maniacally.

by Anonymousreply 9510/28/2012

I'm surprised the libraries are open.

by Anonymousreply 9610/28/2012

R70. I expected Bell to spend some money on proper CGI.

by Anonymousreply 9810/28/2012

Vanessa Prentiss hated Lori Brooks with a passion. Lori was married to Lucas Prentiss, who knocked up Lori's sister Leslie and fathered, unknown to him or the cleft in his chin (he then being played by dude who is Eric Forrester now and later by nude dude Dennis Cole.) Not entirely sure why the Lori hate, but Vanessa was sort of a prehistoric Stephanie Forrester when it came to her boys Lance and Lucas.

Vanessa learned she was dying, so, being a total crazy beeotch and mean to boot, she decided to frame Lori. She did get Lori on the balcony, she did start yelling and screaming as cited above, and then she did a fabulous high jump to her shocking death. Lori was beautifully framed and went on trial for murder.

In the end, the doctor who diagnosed Vanessa's terminal illness was produced, exonerating Lori. (But not before, in classic Bill Bell draaaaaaaaaaaaaaag it out fashion, said doctor had a stroke and was incapable of speaking for a couple of months.) I also think I recall some diary that was found, revealing Vanessa's evil plan in her own handwriting.

Lori Brooks did not kill Vanessa. Vanessa killed herself.

God I loved Lori's apartment, back in the day.

by Anonymousreply 9910/28/2012

The only thing that topped Vanessa's swan dive was crazy Claudia Blaisdel hurtling that Cabbage Patch Kid onto the top of the cop car on Dynasty.

by Anonymousreply 10010/28/2012

Lorie was never married to Lucas.

Vanessa set Lorie up and little Brooks, Leslie and Lance's love child, revealed evidence that Vanessa had plotted the whole thing and the jury let Lorie off.

K.T. Stevens running around the Prentiss Lakehouse at Lake Genevea(!) was a riot. She looked like something out of the Arabian Nights. I don't know how the cast kept a straight face.

There was one hilarious old ep that brought the three mothers of the show together in a doctor's office. Matriarch Jennifer Brooks was there for word on plastic surgery for her breast cancer, Kay Chancellor (how I hate the insufferable 'Katherine Chancellor') was there for plastic surgery to try to make herself look younger and Vanessa Prentiss was there to inquire about plastic surgery for her facial burns. Amazingly Jennifer and Vanessa did not know each other?? Their children were married to each other!! It was campy and the only time I recall the Mother Marytrs in one scene. Liz Foster should have wandered in with her amnesia from pulling the plug on that deadbeat Bill Foster!!

by Anonymousreply 10110/29/2012

That was classic Bill Bell. Characters not knowing other characters. Bill Bell was good. I will never forget the scene when Lori figured out that Leslie was pregnant by Lance and not Lucas. Leslie was in the shower and Lori walked in to confront her about something and Leslie stepped out of the shower and Lori looked down and said, "OMG, just how pregnant are you?" and she figured it all out. Does anyone remember the scene where Vanessa's burns were revealed? Camp at its finest.

On to current things, has anyone been following Victoria Rowell's latest twitter meltdown?

by Anonymousreply 10310/29/2012

The early years of Y&R were 6 degrees of separation where characters were connected, but didn't know one another.

It was almost like watching three different soaps at the same time.

When the Abbott and Newman families intertwined, that 6 degrees of separation aspect vanished and everybody knew everyone in town.

by Anonymousreply 10410/29/2012

Y&R was totally inferior to AMC in the 70's and 80's. Jill was a low-rent Erica and Vanessa was a low-rent Phoebe.

by Anonymousreply 10510/29/2012

You obviously didn't see drunken Kay fucking stable boys and smoking like a chimney. Or sweet, big titted Jill Foster sacrificing for her brothers careers while she did nails and tried to save Kay. Or Lori an Leslie's battles over men. Or Snapper fucking the slutty waitress while romancing the virginal Chris. AMC was too preachy. YR was sex and drama and camp.

by Anonymousreply 10610/29/2012

by Anonymousreply 10710/29/2012

Fuck Lori and Vanessa.

I did!

by Anonymousreply 10910/29/2012

Heather Tom had her baby.

by Anonymousreply 11010/29/2012

Victoria "Drucilla Barber Winters" Rowell was tweeting up a storm Friday night with Y&R cast in her sights.

[quote]Always. “@Debra0315: @TheRaeWilliams @TheRealStafford What's going on?? She sacred, that Victoria is coming Back??”

[quote]Can you believe? “@Pinkyteeee: @TheRaeWilliams @TheRealStafford the spit take? they are done all the time and it made the scene look good”

[quote]GUESS “@janderson1240: Why do you think the show/soap press coddle Stafford and put up w/her behavior? I see far more fan support for you.”

[quote}Why did Nat'l Urban League get involved 2yrs ago w/CBS government affairs, SonyPicTV, Bell? Y&R hadn't PROPERLY diversified in 3 DECADES!

[quote]Michelle Stafford did EVERYTHING to see me gone from Y&R and responsible for our scenes together to disappear “@diva1025: @BeastessInW8n

[quote]Very funny man. “@Millette86: @victoriarowell what about Paul? Doug Davidson”

by Anonymousreply 11110/29/2012

How does Michelle Stafford have enough power to determine who's on the show? Victoria Rowell also dislikes the girl who plays Lily.

by Anonymousreply 11210/29/2012

Who DOESN'T dislike "the girl who plays Lily"? I was ecstatic when Christel Khalil's contract negotiations fell through and it looked like she was going to be leaving Y&R.

by Anonymousreply 11310/29/2012

I thougth Victoria Rowell was a scene chewing bore... if the internet had been as geared up in her day as it is now, she'd have been the original Michelle Stafford. I wasn't sorry when she left and I find her constant Tweeting of outright and injustice boring and bad form. If there's one thing the industry doesn't like it's somebody breaking ranks. That's why they don't write their memoirs until they're ancient.

by Anonymousreply 11410/29/2012

Drucilla's death was classic. Victoria Rowell was okay, but her character sucked donkey balls. I much preferred Olivia.

by Anonymousreply 11510/29/2012

Victoria Rowell was a crazy bitch who was a nightmare on the set and then turned a simple spit take into a hate crime. She is certifiable and will never work in daytime ever again.

by Anonymousreply 11610/29/2012

I sure don't miss Dru or VR. She was way too far OTT, even for Y&R. Victoria Rowell found out some CBS and Sony execs don't want her to come back and that's what got her riled up again. She apparently thought with MAB gone, she might be welcome again.

by Anonymousreply 11710/29/2012

The show's highest ratings were I believe the Lori stuff in the 70s and during the Lauren/Sheila story in the 90s.

Sheila was an awesome character.

by Anonymousreply 11810/30/2012

Ladies and gentlemen, here is the goddess who shot Victor Newman:

by Anonymousreply 11910/30/2012

Is this not the most beautiful woman who ever graced soap opera?

by Anonymousreply 12010/30/2012

Jill having a sex fantasy about Ryan. Mr Bell had a kinky mind!

by Anonymousreply 12110/30/2012

Who HASN'T had a sexual fantasy about Ryan MacNeil?

by Anonymousreply 12210/30/2012

Cassandra Rawlins had a masculine type face; too carved looking. Attractive of course, but not beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 12310/30/2012

Doug Davidson and his generous bulge recently vacationed in London

by Anonymousreply 12410/30/2012

Generous bulge? That bulge is the Andrew Carnegie of bulges! His endowment is larger than Harvard's!

by Anonymousreply 12510/30/2012

r123, they said the same thing about Ava Gardner. In my view, that is the FACT of beauty, from an aesthetic perspective. Softer featured women are lovely but their beauty is not a matter of fact, its more to do with what they project - the FANTASY of beauty (ie Marilyn Monroe)

Nina Arversen and Ava Gardner are just beautiful, period, regardless of mood.

by Anonymousreply 12610/30/2012

[quote]That bulge is the Andrew Carnegie of bulges! His endowment is larger than Harvard's!

LOL agreed!

by Anonymousreply 12710/30/2012

Doug bulge

by Anonymousreply 12810/30/2012

It's big

by Anonymousreply 12910/30/2012

Here's Victor Newman on top of Matt Clark.

by Anonymousreply 13010/30/2012

Jeanne Cooper said Doug and Nina Arversen had the most chemistry of anybody in the history of the show. I bet that's something Mr Braeden doesn't like to hear.

by Anonymousreply 13110/30/2012

I'm sure Cooper heard from Braeden about that, R131. Too bad for him, but it's true. They were gorgeous together.

I've been watching B&B as Stephanie gets ready to die. Tylo Hunter's face looks more normal, but she's still got the worst lip implant I've ever seen. It makes Meg Ryan's top lip look normal.

by Anonymousreply 13210/30/2012

It looks like more potatoes than meat (not that I'm complaining)

by Anonymousreply 13310/30/2012

R123, true, but nonetheless she was mesmerizing.

by Anonymousreply 13410/30/2012

That was hot, R130. It's almost like they were going to fuck.

by Anonymousreply 13510/30/2012

Same here, love the flashbacks. Taylor does look more human than in the past

by Anonymousreply 13610/30/2012

Doug package without the link

by Anonymousreply 13710/30/2012

Who is the big daytime person to be fired - that will shock everybody - that NB is tweeting about?

by Anonymousreply 13810/30/2012

I hope Maurice B is gone!

by Anonymousreply 13910/30/2012

I saw debi Morgan left today.

by Anonymousreply 14010/30/2012

Debbie Morgan and Jeannie Frances. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

by Anonymousreply 14110/30/2012

Yeah Angie left today. Her character was never that well-written, but she is a true acting talent. She was always so brilliant on AMC.

I'm not going to stand around and defend MAB, but the show has been boring/slow to turn around since they replaced her. An influx of Noah/Summer/Fen? That's the answer?

by Anonymousreply 14210/30/2012

I remembered when Jill murdered Maureen Bauer. When these closing credits came up I was on the floor crying my eyes out.

by Anonymousreply 14410/30/2012

Remember when Jill got shot while taking a shower? I was a kid when it aired, but I remember being scared to watch it.

by Anonymousreply 14510/30/2012

Yeah, R145--I was actually just thinking of that scene tonight. If I recall it was rather bloody. Didn't Jack have to save her from bleeding to death in the shower stall?

by Anonymousreply 14610/30/2012

I believe so, R146. The music they played in that scene was eerie as well. It used to be on Youtube, but I can't find it now.

by Anonymousreply 14710/30/2012

I can't believe anyone under the age of 70 watches these TIRED OLD SOAPS anymore. My gawd, they've had the same corny cast since 1978 or so...

by Anonymousreply 14810/30/2012

Do you ever watch yourself R148? I'm 29 and watch Y&R, Bold and GH everyday. When AMC and OLTL were on I watched them as well. Soaps, even in their current states, are amazing (and GH is in top form these days).

by Anonymousreply 14910/30/2012

My boss watches this but I never know what's going on. Which one is Jack?

by Anonymousreply 15010/30/2012

R149, I actually saw a few minutes of 'Days of our Lives' a couple days ago, but that was because it comes on after the noon news, and started with a gay love scene between two hot young dudes.

The rest...they're just so tired, with the same casts. And all of them boasting about how they need to learn 40 pages of dialogue a day.

Bullshit. Each actor probably has a total of 10 minutes of screen time per day if even that, which would be 10 or less pages.

by Anonymousreply 15110/30/2012

R150 - Jack is the one who walks around looking smug and important. His current storyline involves him collapsing because a bullet near his spine has shifted. Now, surgery is required to remove the bullet or he may never walk again.

by Anonymousreply 15210/31/2012

So...the incredibly unfunny Elaine Princi troll has landed on a new target? Le sigh.

by Anonymousreply 15410/31/2012

OMG, do not get me started on the death of Maureen Bauer!

by Anonymousreply 15510/31/2012

The death of Maureen garnered James Reilly (Passions) his one and only Emmy for writing.

by Anonymousreply 15610/31/2012

Seriously, do not talk about it. I will completely fall apart. Alan Michael in the ER waiting room. Nadine convincing Bridget she had to keep hiding her pregnancy in the attic. Michelle being a little bitch to Holly. Little Billy and Ben trying to figure out how to talk to Michelle. Ed and Lillian wracked with guilt. Roger paying his respects.

Maureen's last words: "You have broken my heart."

by Anonymousreply 15710/31/2012

R157 you can see now why those episode won the writing award that year.

by Anonymousreply 15810/31/2012

Bell did the Ryan/Jill kind of thing years ago (in the days of Lorie and Vanessa!) when nurse Cynthia Harris imagined brothers in law Snapper Foster (David Hasselhoff) and Lance Prentiss (John McCook) in their underwear sitting around talking to each other. Lance has just said to Snapper 'That girl looks at you like you are undressed'. I think Bobbie Jo from Petticoat Junc was playing Cynthia then.

by Anonymousreply 15910/31/2012

[R126] There is no FACT of beauty - it is all in the eye of the beholder. Ava Gardner was beautiful, IMO but the Cassandra chick reminded me of a female impersonator.

by Anonymousreply 16010/31/2012

I'm a little behind, but haven't they been hinting at a Sheila return for a little while now? I had read that Kimberlin Brown always just assumes that she'll come back and keeps a running backstory in her head for where she's been and what she's been doing. Sheila's last return in '07 (with Phyllis' face) seemed to indicate that that might've actually been Sugar and not Sheila.

by Anonymousreply 16110/31/2012

I hope they fire Bill Bell Jr. from B&B, he's made a mess of that show, especially that Bermuda triangle from hell. I just cannot see how Steffy could ever fall for Liam...

by Anonymousreply 16211/01/2012

r160, you must be jealous of her - Nina Arversen is one of the most beautiful, mesmeric women who ever walked the earth. If you want to see a female impersonator, check out either one of the dudes in this clip:

by Anonymousreply 16311/01/2012

[R163] I am a guy so I doubt that I would be jealous of a woman's looks. You seem pretty obsessed with her though. Are you a straight guy? LOL!

by Anonymousreply 16411/01/2012

Oh please r164. She's about as manly as a fairy queen, in other words, not at all. In fact, she's one of the most beautiful desirable women I've ever seen and I'm gay:

by Anonymousreply 16511/01/2012

For those who question whether Jess Walton is still on contract, she has confirmed to Soap Opera Digest that she is on recurring status.

by Anonymousreply 16611/01/2012

R165 for a gay guy you sure are defensive about a woman's looks and her desirability. It just seems odd.

by Anonymousreply 16711/01/2012

The Guiding Light in the early '90's was as good as it got for quality and production values. It seems like light years ago when I watch those shows on youtube. The storylines, the dialogue the clothes... everything was so much better and nicer. It's because soaps reflect the times they're in. The storylines now are just trash.

by Anonymousreply 16811/01/2012

Deal with it r167. I represent a progressive breed of homosexual. We take as much pleasure in the attributes of a woman as would any heterosexual - because we know exactly who we are and don't project our own baggage onto them. We take delight in women who don't have to act like sardonic bitches in order to appeal to what we are told is our common 'sensibility'. We care about beauty in all forms, sexual attraction or not.

by Anonymousreply 16911/01/2012

r168, I don't think there are any true disciplinarians running the soaps anymore, much less visionaries. They have deduced that 90% of their audience have the intelligence of a gnat and don't have the perception to differentiate between caviar and excrement. There are no Bill Bells or Douglas Marlands anymore. There are lightweights who are so thrilled with the praise for their own mediocrity that they actually delude themselves into thinking they are good writers. This is the era when Nelson Branco is the predominate critic of the soap opera in America. Go figure. Trash seeks its own level, as they say.

by Anonymousreply 17011/01/2012

R170, sadly you nailed it.

I miss stuff like this.

by Anonymousreply 17111/01/2012

There is a soap audience that isn't stupid tho, although suckers for melodrama and on some boards, like TWOP, they're constantly complaining about how dumbed down the genre has become. It certainly always required a healthy suspension of belief, but in it's day some of it was damn entertaining entertainment. And there's a segment of the audience who really miss that.

In it's day, Guiding Light was the Rolls Royce of soaps. Y&R was good too. It's actually gotten a great deal better since the regime change. The day I thought I'd find Nick Newman anything but ok to look at!

by Anonymousreply 17211/01/2012

Jess Walton returned as Jill Foster ... Atkinson today at the end of the Canadian episode. Viewers in the US will see her tomorrow.

by Anonymousreply 17311/01/2012

Chelsea accuses Adam and Sharon of having an affair. Can Adam convince Chelsea of his love and loyalty?

Chelsea makes a shocking realization about Sharon

Jill and Katherine face

Phyllis witnesses an intimate moment between Nick and Avery

After arguing with Kevin, Michael receives shocking news

Billy/Victoria: The Abbotts marriage starts to spiral downward during Victoria's trip to Miami. Billy tries to get in touch with his wife, but gets sent straight to voicemail! Billy's worries turn to fears when he can't find Victoria, and discoveres she's been kidnapped by an ex-gambling friend!

It seems Billy never paid his debt before his old pal was hauled off to prison and he wants his money stat. A guilty Billy jumps into action to get his woman back. Will Victoria forgive her husband...again? Look for this latest development to be fuel for Victor and Nick's anti-Billy fire.

Chelsea/Adam/Sharon: The con finds a purse at the cottage and starts to grill her husband over it. Adam keeps mum on the owner, resulting in Chelsea taking yet another trip back to the cottage. She gets a shock when she finds Sharon inside. Chelsea starts to accuse the pair of having an affair, but Adam insists he's just platonically helping her out. Sharon decides it time for her to leave, seeing what her presence is doing to Chelsea and Adam's marriage, but Adam balks at her suggestion.

Things don't look good for Sharon when Ronan takes on the arson case. Det. Malloy starts to zero in on Sharon, after her weird behavior throws up red flags. Adam asks Chelsea to help him assist Sharon. At first she doesn't want to lift a finger to help, but later caves.

Chelsea later warns Sharon that she'd better not being using her latest peril to worm her way back into Adam's life, or there will be hell to pay!

by Anonymousreply 17411/03/2012

R46, That's true. MS is very into that "religion" It's also TRUE that SC was one but I don't think she's a member anymore.

Can't wait to see how the new Newman ranch will look. The best think Sharon did was torch that outdated mess.

by Anonymousreply 17511/03/2012

I agree with you R60. NA does look like a female impersonator.

by Anonymousreply 17611/03/2012

I'm so over Ronan. It's been several months since someone's been shot....

by Anonymousreply 17711/03/2012

r176 - you're just another envious queen.

by Anonymousreply 17811/04/2012

Ronan is annoying.

by Anonymousreply 17911/04/2012

Jill Farren Phelps dropped Jess Walton to recurring status, which confirmed to Soap Opera Digest.

by Anonymousreply 18011/04/2012

Jess is now rooted in Oregon. It wouldn't make sense to be on contract and make fleeting appearances. Tracey Bregman has been on recurring since her return over a decade ago & that has made no difference to substantial airtime.

by Anonymousreply 18111/04/2012

Jess is a two-time emmy winning actress. She went off to Oregon when she was thrown off contract.

by Anonymousreply 18211/04/2012

Funny how Tracey Bregman and Jess Walton have been mentioned...

Both Lauren and Jill were so much better when they were ambitious sluts. Now that neither one serves any true purpose, their characters have become boring. I realize people grow up, but Lauren should be sleeping with other peoples' husbands and Jill should be scheming against Jack.

This thread has reminded me how frustrating Y&R has become. The only decent characters on the show are Katherine, Jack, Nikki, Paul, Adam, and Chloe...sometimes Sharon. Phyllis and Michael would be cool again if they quit with the sanctimonious hypocrite routine...and Kevin, Ronan, Chelsea, Billy, Victoria, Lauren, Jill, Devon, Neil, Lilly, and Tucker need to ride off into the sunset (note: I realize the show needs diversity, but it seems like only the boring black people have stuck around...meanwhile Drucilla and Nate were killed off (and those two gave Neil, Malcolm, and Olivia their best storylines).

by Anonymousreply 18311/04/2012

Just caught up with Friday's episode, and it was probably the one in a long while, but that's not saying much. At least there was some forward motion with the characters.

It's painful comparing the stagnation of Y&R with the current brilliance of GH. Every episode is like a finely crafted mini-movie. This whole week of Halloween fun had genuine laughs, emotions and plot development. My hat is off to Ron C and Frank V.

by Anonymousreply 18411/04/2012

The brilliance of GH? Are you out of your fucking mind r184? GH is flogging the 'back from the dead' option like its life depends on it. The D.I.D is shit and played for laughs. The One Life transplants are not working - evidently that buffoon is not Todd Manning after all. The show is a dud and even Ron knows it because he's lashing out at anyone on twitter who dares criticize his vision.

by Anonymousreply 18611/04/2012

Days is the soap to watch right now. Eileen Davidson is getting to do what Y&R wouldn't allow for - have some fun.

by Anonymousreply 18711/04/2012

Well technically Van wasn't her ma in law at the time - she and Lance had yet to re-wed.

But that Lorie!! A Killer!!

by Anonymousreply 18811/05/2012

How did Jamie Lyn Bauer take having to play Deidre Hall's hangwoman in a supporting capacity?

by Anonymousreply 18911/05/2012

Summer is such a brat. The show is so boring. Phyllis should've been punished for the Cricket and Dr. Tim incidents.

by Anonymousreply 19011/05/2012

Summer was ridiculous today. Why is she sabotaging Ronan's ward? And you know why Fen didn't want to kiss you? Cuz he's GAY GAY GAY!

I did like the Sharon/Adam/Chelsea and the Phyllis/Billy scenes today though. Plus it's nice to see Jill again. Let's hope they give her something to do.

by Anonymousreply 19111/05/2012

R186 Well since its ratings are higher I guess something is working. It certainly is way more watchable than it was a year ago. As for RC lashing out at people who disagree with him - I am willing to bet most writers are prima donnas who don't like criticism, it is just that no other writers make themselves available to the fans. I am sure if Bob Guza had a twitter account and anyone criticized his work he would be just as nasty. Artistic temperment and all. Frank Valenti is also very hot!!!

by Anonymousreply 19211/05/2012

The only reason GH's ratings have been higher (so far) this November sweeps is that GH has gone from one stunt to another. It reeks of desperation.

Last week's ratings included Jason's death. Lots of happy people tuned in to watch the murderer finally get his.

Don't know what stunts they've got planned for the other weeks, but I have a feeling the ratings will go back down to normal (for them).

On the other hand, Y&R finally seems to be moving past the MAB stories into being worth watching again. B&B has been wonderful, watching Stephanie look back through her life. However, there's been too damn much Brooke because apparently we are required to have that worthless character rammed down our throats every day. She is currently in vulture mode waiting for Katie to die or leave so she can pounce on Bill, a boring and redundant story has been on every day.

by Anonymousreply 19311/06/2012

Jeanne Cooper is top-billed on Young & Restless

Jeanne Cooper

Katharine Chancellor

followed by

Doug Davidson

Melody Thomas Scott

Eric Braden

by Anonymousreply 19411/06/2012

I'm enjoying GH for the first time in a decade. I love the OLTL crossovers, Jason's gone and Sonny is on alot less. But my draw back to GH is simple- it's balanced again. Many older characters and legacy characters are in the mix and I love it. Soaps always do better when you mix up the old and the new.

by Anonymousreply 19511/06/2012

Everything R195 I agree with, and will add that it's not so much that Sonny is a lot less, but he's being used so much effectively. How great was it to see Monica, Alan and AJ yesterday?

The DID with Kate/Connie is great, and Kelly Sullivan is giving a helluva performance. The DID on OLTL often had humorous moments with Viki/Niki and Jess/Tess. Nothing wrong with the evil alter being funny.

Todd Manning fits right in with Carly and Sam and McBain have great chemistry. Johnny Z has never been better and the love triangle with Patrick is pure soapy camp fun.

Just having Anna back and moving Alexis front and center have elevated the show to great heights.

About Y&R today- how about the scene where Kay asks Esther for a lemon and she brings her a whole plate of lemon slices! Also, did you notice that Katherine answered her Blackberry upside down?! It made me chuckle.

Even EB gave a decent performance today.

by Anonymousreply 19611/06/2012

Jaime had no clue about Laura Horton. They told her Laura was 27 18 years before she started (1993) which is a laugh considering the actressses Flannery, Susan Oliver, Rosemary Forsythe who played the role before. Bauer was very breathy in the role of Laura, totally WRONG for it. There should have been a drinking game for the number of times she called Jennifer 'darling'.

The funniest scene was Bauer and John Clarke (as Mickey) talking about their marriage in the 60's.

by Anonymousreply 19711/07/2012

Jamie Lyn Bauer is a major fundie too. She said in interviews that she turned down Lesbian roles because she teaches Sunday School.

by Anonymousreply 19811/07/2012

Jack had such lust in his eyes squaring off with Victor today. I was hoping Victor might actually take him in the hospital bed, but Phyllis walked in on them.

by Anonymousreply 19911/07/2012

Phyllis' blouse today was to die for.

by Anonymousreply 20011/07/2012

Kimberlin Brown/Sheila radio interview yesterday - you can find it at the link. Wonderful lady with great insights. She's as pissed off as the rest of us about other people playing her character, and playing it WRONG. It's interesting that most of the people who called in the talk to her are guys:

by Anonymousreply 20111/08/2012

They need to somehow rewrite history so that the woman who looked like Phylis who was supposed to be Sheila was in fact someone else. Then Kim Brown can return for some serious revenge!

by Anonymousreply 20211/08/2012

I frankly don't want Kimberlin Brown to return as Sheila. Sheila is dead! Let her rest in peace. Kimberlin could come back as someone who resembles Sheila but isn't her. She's actually a nice woman who's hounded by Lauren, Phyllis, Michael, Ronan & others until she becomes a psycho like Sheila and wrecks havoc like Sheila did. This would be much more believable than having the real Sheila return.

by Anonymousreply 20311/08/2012

That would be great, R203. Even better if she kills Phyllis. Not soap-dead but dead-dead so she never comes back. Then Kimberlin can take over some of the airtime MS has been hogging.

by Anonymousreply 20411/08/2012

Agreed r202 - the 'Sheila' that Stafford played was too campy and self-aware to be the real one, more like Janet Green from AMC. It was clearly an imposter. Kimberlin needs to come back as the real Sheila.

by Anonymousreply 20511/09/2012

"You say ONE word to this BASTARD and I sw---!!!"

"and what will you do Sheila? What will you do?!"

by Anonymousreply 20611/09/2012

Stephanie is having her party this week.

No ridge.

by Anonymousreply 20711/11/2012

What about Nurse Sheila? Will she be coming to Stephanie's deathbed with a lethal injection at the ready?

by Anonymousreply 20811/11/2012

Stephanie would welcome Sheila's magic injection. Lung cancer is no picnic.

by Anonymousreply 20911/11/2012

Yesterday's show was outstanding.

SF and KKL broke my heart.

by Anonymousreply 21011/14/2012

Can they please get rid of Summer Newman? She's awful and annoying. What do you guys think of Nick and Avery?

by Anonymousreply 21111/15/2012

R211 actually like nick and avery. If anything came out of phyllis and her acquittal its that nick sees her for what a cunt she truly is. Glad he grew balls and left her.

by Anonymousreply 21211/15/2012

I'm sick of Phyllis. She used to be my favorite character. I was hoping she would pay for the Dr.Tim and Cricket/Paul incidents.

by Anonymousreply 21311/15/2012

r212 the new head writer says he wanted phyllis to pay by losing her family instead. She has been in a jail a few times on the show. In true soap fashion she wouldnt of been in jail long anyway. Hope cricket still takes every cent from her!

by Anonymousreply 21411/15/2012

I got all teary watching this. Gosh, Alley Mills seems so youthful and fun. I hate that she's married to that Tea Party nut Orson Bean.

by Anonymousreply 21511/15/2012

When is the Noah is gay storyline gonna happen?

by Anonymousreply 21611/15/2012

Noah is no longer gay. The other Noah Kevin Schmidt actually filmed some coming out scenes but JFP fired him and put the ky-bosh on that storyline. Noah is now str8 and in love with a female rock singer from NY who will be arriving in GC shortly.

The "Fen is gay" storyline should be considered because the young actor playing Fen comes across as a nelly little bottom boy just aching for someone to throw him down and satiate his hole.

by Anonymousreply 21711/15/2012

It would be awesome if she was transgendered

by Anonymousreply 21811/15/2012

Finn and Summer are annoying. I'm also sick of Sharon's storyline. This show has really gone downhill.

by Anonymousreply 21911/16/2012

Does Summer do anything other than pout and whine? She's crazy like Phyllis.

by Anonymousreply 22011/17/2012

Even with soap killer JFP at the helm Y&R continues to lose viewers week after week. Last week they lost 142,000 viewers. Are there any new plotlines that viewers even care about? Jack taking over Newman Ent? Jack isn't even at work. Victoria kidnapped? boring. The cyber bullying plot? Could be interesting but so far dullsville. No wonder people aren't tuning in anymore. JFP the soap killer.

by Anonymousreply 22111/18/2012

This show has gotten worse since JFP took over. Didn't think it was possible but I wish MAB were back.

by Anonymousreply 22211/18/2012

i'm thinking about not watching anymore. The storylines suck.

by Anonymousreply 22311/18/2012

Totally agree the show is boring as hell. Albeit they are transitioning from the mab regime. They are adding a few new characters to the show in the next few weeks to hopefully liven things help. It will probably take til 2013 to end the mab storylines completely. This show still has so many useless characters they need to be phased out. Kevin, chloe, ronan, gloria, jeff , tucker, cane and lily to name a few.

by Anonymousreply 22411/18/2012

Fen and Noah both seem really gay to me. I agree that Fen would be the bottom, but Noah should take him out to the stables and give him a good fucking.

Then they should kill off Summer.

What happened to Kyle? Is he still around or did he get fired too? What about Eden? She should have been the first one gone.

by Anonymousreply 22511/18/2012

If Marcy Walker were still acting JFP would immediately cast her as the new Ashley

by Anonymousreply 22611/18/2012

Why not bring back Brenda Epperson as Ashley?

by Anonymousreply 22711/18/2012

[quote] Why not bring back Brenda Epperson as Ashley?

She is not a FOJ (Friend of Jill)

by Anonymousreply 22811/18/2012

then have her raped by her ob-gyn

by Anonymousreply 22911/18/2012

Perhaps, R230, but I do know that Kay and Jill weren't related, then they were, and now they aren't!

by Anonymousreply 23111/18/2012

Any thoughts on Brooke and Bill's towel scene?

by Anonymousreply 23211/18/2012

B&b's towel scene was an embarrassment. That "stallion" sound effect was eye roll worthy.

by Anonymousreply 23311/18/2012

So let me get this straight.

Eric, leaves the extremely ill Stephanie, to attend some inconsequential board meeting called by his bratty son, Rickkkkkkkk

Thus stephanie, who has her sister, Thornie, and two daughter, summons Brooke to be by her side.

Only in baby Bell's world.

That being said, the work of SF and KKL together is incredible.

Katie and her beating heart is driving me nuts (no pun intended)

by Anonymousreply 23411/20/2012

What do you guys think of Adam and Chelsea?

by Anonymousreply 23511/22/2012

I wish I didn't hate Brooke Logan so badly because she's in so many stories and is on constantly. She reminds me of a huge vulture perched on Bill's couch just waiting for the moment he finally lets her get in bed with him. I swear I can't watch another story about Brooke fucking someone inappropriate. As for those pursed lips of disapproval she keeps making about Katie? Hope they get stuck like that.

I've been watching SF's final days as Stephanie's death comes, and she has been brilliant. They're even more wonderful now that I have gotten better at FF-ing Brooke's part in them.

by Anonymousreply 23611/22/2012

I can't stand Adam and Chelsea as a couple. I can't wait until he ends up back with Sharon and she reverts to her devious/trashy self.

by Anonymousreply 23711/22/2012

I can't understand how Stephanie is dying and her children allow her to go and die without them by her side. Ridge didn't even come (I don't care if my mother asked me not to come, I would be there in a heartbeat). Then everyone (except for Pam) is back to their usual lives. Thomas has a new plan for Forrester and Steffy is back to enjoying life with Liam. I mean seriously? What kind of fucked up family is that? Is that how they do it in L.A.?

by Anonymousreply 23811/22/2012

Grown men (and I suppose a few women) talking about FICTIONAL CHARACTERS as if they're REAL.

That's you R238, R236, R234, etc., etc..

by Anonymousreply 23911/22/2012

That's how they are able to justify KKL being the star of Stephanie's death, R238. If Eric, Thorne, Ridge or Steffie were present, KKL would not be front and center in every scene.

I swear that bitch KKL must have it written in her contract that a certain percentage of B&B's stories have to revolve around her.

by Anonymousreply 24011/22/2012

Isn't your mommy calling, R239? Time to put on your jammies and go to bed.

I'm sure you would be fine with this thread if it were about another kind of show.

by Anonymousreply 24111/22/2012

R239 = Sheila Carter Grainger Forrester Warwick

by Anonymousreply 24211/22/2012

Good God, Jeanne Cooper is an awful actress. Always was, but advanced old age only accentuates her hamminess.

by Anonymousreply 24311/22/2012

Eric Braeden is headed for that territory too. He has not improved with age.

by Anonymousreply 24411/22/2012

R243 sound a lot like Corbin Bernsen.

by Anonymousreply 24511/22/2012

Y&R has a very dated look about it. The stories are dull and plodding and always the same. It is dark and depressing also; no humor or real romance. Mentally and verbally abused Nicki keeps going back to her abuser Victor, who lights candles, buys her jewelry and calls her 'my darling' and all is forgiven. How dreary. I heard JFP cancelled a gay storyline with Noah Newman. Figures she is a homophobe; she sent Bobbie Spencer's gay son Lucas out of town years ago and he hasn't been mentioned since.

Anyway, I gave it another shot to see if the show had improved under her and it is exactly the same, minus some characters she fired.

by Anonymousreply 24611/22/2012

Brenda Epperson/Ashley Abbott montage. She was the most emotional Ashley of them all:

by Anonymousreply 24711/26/2012

R246, sorry you don't like Y&R. I consider it the only real soap still on the air, and I'm hoping JG/JFP make good on their promises about the changes they have planned.

Soaps are not adventure series, so they probably do come across as dull and plodding to those who prefer and expect that. It's what I like most about real soaps; in the midst of all that "plodding," we get to see stories about people we have grown attached to through the years.

by Anonymousreply 24811/26/2012

Check back with the soaps of the 70's and early 80's. They were not plodding. They were well acted, well-written, and pretty much left you with a cliffhanger every day.

by Anonymousreply 24911/26/2012

R248 & R249 - when I say dull and plodding I mean just that. I have watched soaps since they first aired in the 50s when they were like watching live theatre. Y&R has always been dull with bad acting, almost resembling a skit about soaps. The soaps of the 60s, 70s and 80s did not do ridiculous plastic surgery plots the way Y&R does and although they may have moved slower than they do today, they were well written and layered like a never ending play. So I am not expecting an adventure story and I don't need to check out the 70s or 80s because I watched them in real time. Soaps need to move into nowadays though, as far as how they write characters and the types of storylines they present. However Y and R is a gigantic bore with no cliffhangers so to speak of and the same story over and over again.

by Anonymousreply 25011/26/2012

Kyle Abbott is back and working at the "new" Newman Enterprises. Of course, he has a hate on for Adam. In cahoots with the former red-headed dumpster fucking cooze to overthrow Adam from Newman. Gawd the actor playing Kyle is god-awful, though he does fill out his suit nicely.

by Anonymousreply 25111/26/2012

[quote] I consider it the only real soap still on the air

Of the four left, there are no real soaps still on the air.

by Anonymousreply 25211/26/2012

Ever notice that Melody Thomas Scott NEVER has a scene with her grown grandchildren? Me thinks Mel doesn't want anyone to think she could be old enough to be the grammy of a 22 year old. I don't recall her having scenes with the last Noah either.

by Anonymousreply 25311/26/2012

Today was Susan Flannery's last show

I'm crying

by Anonymousreply 25411/26/2012

R254 i know i cried so hard. Bold and the beautiful is basically over for me. With susan leaving it will never be the same. Ever. I admire her for getting the hell out of there. The show has already jumped the shark even before her leaving. Stephanie was the best character on the show. I just dont see how it will recover and fill the grand canyon size void of her leaving. The younger generation is dull. Like jacob young but not enough to probably keep watching. Its just not fun and outrageous anymore. The characters arent just interesting enough now and the writing is tepid. With her character being reduced she was smart to go. Thanks susan for 25 years of stephanie!

by Anonymousreply 25511/26/2012

Honestly, Hunter Tylo should never have gotten any acting job outside of commercials where she can go up to random people suffering from gas. "Flatulence is what happens when you eat foods prone to causing flatulence. That's why I use Bean-O." Jesus, every time I see her, she has this over-earnest, After School Special delivery going on. It's not just the lines, it's the way she announces her brilliant solution, with a slight tilt if her head and an, "I Told You SO!" gaze. Christ, I hate that cunt and her over-inflated duck lips.

by Anonymousreply 25611/26/2012

The only thing that can save B&B now - Sheila Carter.

by Anonymousreply 25711/26/2012

And please let her kill off Hope, Ridge's kid who's so bland I can never remeber his name, Steffy and. . .well, any if those teen executives. Teenagers should be playing in the street, listening to music, playing strip poker, getting pregnant, having abortions--not running corporations! But Sheila can only come back if this time Kimberlin Brown plays her; that Michelle Stafford depiction was stupidly bad. Kimberlin could be frightening the way she'd just go off while Michelle was never frightening.

by Anonymousreply 25811/26/2012

The woman who plays Felecia has been brilliant.

by Anonymousreply 25911/26/2012

I love to hate KKL, but she has been amazing in these final scenes with Susan. I've been moved for about a week or so, but couldn't they have devoted Susan's final episode solely to her? Cutting away to Katie's heart and Rick in the boardroom was distracting and unnecessary.

I agree with the above poster about Eric leaving Stephanie to attend the board meeting. I mean come on! She's dying and you go to talk about Thomas' stupid "innovations" to the company. Do you notice how they never really talk about what they're innovating- simply that Rick doesn't like it and Thomas does.

Bold will never be the without Stephanie (and Ridge's scarves). Now it will be Brooke and 10 teens running FC.

by Anonymousreply 26011/27/2012

R256, you prove that a fake Author name can make a sad post kind of funny.

by Anonymousreply 26111/27/2012

Remember when Joshua & his pal were gonna be big music sensations?

by Anonymousreply 26211/27/2012

Watch it without sound, R262. Hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 26311/27/2012

Has Michael Muhney seen the video at r262?

by Anonymousreply 26411/27/2012

Good God!! Fen's hair today! The best was when he got in a huff and told Jamie to stay away from Summer because they were "together." I assume he meant together like pillow fights and braiding each other's hair and not in the biblical sense.

by Anonymousreply 26511/29/2012

Jeanne Cooper gets top billing on Y&R

Jeanne Cooper

Katherine Chancellor

by Anonymousreply 26611/29/2012

So does anyone know if the new regime shit-canned Tricia Cast? Nina broke things off and left town so he can be with Christine so it looks like she is done. That's a shame, I really liked the actress and the character.

by Anonymousreply 26711/29/2012

WTF is happening to this show? They're clearly doing a massive reboot and it's awful. Established plots are being thrown in the trash. Everyone's changing direction midstream: Devon's giving up music. Paul's giving up the PI biz. Kevin and Chloe are giving up their website. Billy's giving up Restless Style. Glow Worm burned down.

And that poor actor playing Fen. He was clearly cast to play a sweet, nerdy boy. And now they've decided he needs to be a villain. Christ, he's terrible at it.

And don't get me started on Jack and Sharon and their respective insanities. Unbearable.

Oh, and is Kyle supposed to be into Phyllis? Are they really going to try to go down that road? Ick!

by Anonymousreply 26811/30/2012

I stopeed watching this week. It's boring and makes no sense. Try watching GH. Not sure what happened but it's become very good.

by Anonymousreply 26911/30/2012

I'm not convinced by GH. I thought the Skye/Carly slapdown at Kelly's diner was interesting but then it petered out into slapstick. The show is just innocuous escapism. There is no gravitas - it's just characters exhibiting quirks and crappy unrealistic confrontations.

by Anonymousreply 27011/30/2012

GH has never once this year delivered a scene that can match Brenda Barrett having a nervous breakdown during a modelling shoot. I just want this kind of edge back. It's too easy, too comfortable:

by Anonymousreply 27111/30/2012

Here is the actual breakdown scene:

by Anonymousreply 27211/30/2012

This show sucks. Finn is so queeny. Summer is a brat. All of the storylines are boring. I may stop watching.

by Anonymousreply 27312/01/2012

Please God, let this Chelsea/Adam/Sharon storyline end. No one cares about them. All three of them are just awful.

by Anonymousreply 27412/04/2012

This show has become awful. Totally unwatchable.

by Anonymousreply 27512/04/2012

Carolyn Conwell, who played church lady Mary Williams, has died at the age of 82.

by Anonymousreply 27612/04/2012

So why does Jeanne Cooper get top billing and not Eric Braden?

by Anonymousreply 27712/04/2012

I used to call her Sweet Polly Purebred

by Anonymousreply 27812/04/2012

Why can't Fen and Jamie hook up instead of being rivals for that bitchette Summer?

by Anonymousreply 27912/04/2012

Fen is such a pathetic punk. Get rid of him and Summer. This show sucks!

by Anonymousreply 28012/04/2012

Mary Williams' sweet rolls made me want to puke! And she was a meddlesome old bitch with clown lips.

by Anonymousreply 28112/04/2012

The first FOJ (Friend of Jill) has just been hired

Actor Mark Pinter, best known as slimy senator-turned-mayor Grant Harrison on Another World, is set to play yet another ruthless politico on CBS' The Young and the Restless.

A rep for the top-rated sudser tells TV Guide Magazine that Pinter will be seen as Marcus Wheeler, "a powerful and sophisticated congressman involved with Victor [Eric Braeden] and Jack [Peter Bergman], who will go to any lengths to protect his image and career."

Many people had to be fired from Y&R to free up money for Pinter's salary. But not just him. Watch for more FOJ to be joining the cast.

by Anonymousreply 28212/05/2012

When are we showing up?

by Anonymousreply 28312/05/2012

Right after us.

by Anonymousreply 28412/05/2012

@283: if Nick and Michael Hudson show up in GC, I'll watch. And don't forget FOJ Gary Sinclair.

by Anonymousreply 28512/05/2012

FOJ Gary Sinclair has already been signed to Extreme Makeover Home Edition

by Anonymousreply 28612/05/2012

"The first FOJ (Friend of Jill) has just been hired...Actor Mark Pinter..."

I'll forgive this one because I loved him as Brian on ATWT. Oh, those glory years of the late Eighties...

by Anonymousreply 28712/05/2012

Will Jill Phelps bring Kimberlin back?

by Anonymousreply 28812/05/2012

[quote] Will Jill Phelps bring Kimberlin back?

She is not an FOJ

by Anonymousreply 28912/05/2012

Kimberlin is not my friend. Ewww.

by Anonymousreply 29012/05/2012

The only people Jill is hiring are her friends.

by Anonymousreply 29112/05/2012

Maybe she can get Kale Brown to play Malcolm Winters

by Anonymousreply 29212/05/2012

[quote]The only people Jill is hiring are her friends.

When can we expect Laura Wright and Nancy Lee Grahn? Can you imagine Wright and Michelle Stafford on the same show?

by Anonymousreply 29312/05/2012

I'm going to hire Kevin McClatchy and Tim Gibbs next. Nick Hudson and Gary Sinclair have been husbands since they left Bay City.

I've always wondered why Shonda Rhimes didn't Kevin to play Karev.

by Anonymousreply 29412/05/2012

That is Jill's biggest casting blunder next to killing off Maureen Bauer on GL.

Here first week on Another World she fired Justin Chambers, and replaced him with her friend Kevin McClatchy. She worked with him on GL.

Of course now Justin Chambers is now a big star and WEHT Kevin McClatchy?

by Anonymousreply 29512/05/2012

You can't even google Kevin McC without getting the (gay) owner of the Pittsburgh Pirates.

I think I saw him (the actor) in some movie where he played a U5 in a suit, maybe a presidential assistant or Secret Service guy. I don't get it. He was hot.

by Anonymousreply 29612/05/2012

I remember seeing in the early 1970's soaps like General Hospital et all. The hunky men were all older than I was.

I turn one on now, and the hunky men seem like twinks to me.

by Anonymousreply 29712/05/2012

How is Mark Pinter a FOJ? I don't remember him ever being used on one of her shows. He was on AW before she was ever there.

by Anonymousreply 29812/06/2012

You don't have to be hired by Jill to be a FOJ

You just have to worked with her.

by Anonymousreply 29912/06/2012

Nikki looked hot today with her poofy blonde hair and gold dress.

by Anonymousreply 30012/07/2012

Everyone looked great at Nikki and Victor's party, and luckily Sharon crashing the party was the best scene in weeks. Still, I'm comparing that to weeks of Summer and Fen acting like morons, so it's not surprising that the first time we see Nikki the show improves.

by Anonymousreply 30112/08/2012

Well, looks like they have rehired the actress that plays Abby. It was a stupid move for them to have fired her.

by Anonymousreply 30212/08/2012

link R302? That makes me so happy! I like Abby and she was too important of a character to just leave the scene.

by Anonymousreply 30312/08/2012

Cant stand marcy rylan but i see that abby is important and would be best served with a recast.

by Anonymousreply 30412/08/2012

R303, i am on my phone and cant post the link. Go to soap central. It is posted on the main page, on the right side. She starts taping in Jan and will be on reoccurring status.

by Anonymousreply 30512/08/2012

Thanks R302. Found it.

I thought was a tad annoying when she was first cast as Abby, but she had grown nicely into the role. Once they dropped all the naked heiress stuff she was much better. With the right story she could really shine.

Plus if this means hottie Carmine gets to stick around I'm all for it!

by Anonymousreply 30612/08/2012

Since Sophia was canned as well, it will be interesting on how they explain her absence, especially since she has a kid with Neil.

by Anonymousreply 30712/08/2012

Where is Neil's kid?

I cringe whenever there is a Neil/Devon/Cane/Lily scene. Four of the most boring characters on Y&R right now. Give them something to do or get ride of them.

by Anonymousreply 30812/08/2012

The scenery on Y&R might be improving.

by Anonymousreply 30912/08/2012

The NYPD detective is pretty hot.

by Anonymousreply 31012/08/2012

Leaving Genoa City, will there be a Memorial Service for Stephanie?

by Anonymousreply 31112/08/2012

This show already seems VERY cast heavy. There's gotta be more trimming in store. Especially if they're introducing even more new characters.

by Anonymousreply 31212/08/2012

They need to give Carmine a brain. Dumb guys do nothing for me.

by Anonymousreply 31312/08/2012

They already got rid of some of their most expensive cast.

I think Michael Muhney might be on his way out. Possibly Josh Morrow and Daniel Goddard too.

They say they're going to write more for the Winters family, probably with a lot less Lily since they rehired Christel Khalil on recurring.

by Anonymousreply 31412/08/2012

I wouldn't be surprised if Morrow wants out since "Nick" has done little besides bounce between Sharon, Phyllis and her sister over the last three years or so. There isn't even any tension between him and Adam anymore.

This show needs some help STAT. It's becoming boring. Hopefully the make Fen evil and turn him into Sheila-with-a-scrotum and have him fall for Crazy Daisy. His mother Lauren would lose her shit.

by Anonymousreply 31512/08/2012

They might as well bring back Abby. It doesn't make sense for Carmine to stick around without her.

by Anonymousreply 31612/08/2012

MTS looks gorgeous in this clip. She's dropped some weight.

by Anonymousreply 31712/08/2012

About a month ago, Josh Griffith was quoted as saying that Abby wasn't needed and they didn't have a place for her on Y&R. There's conjecture someone at CBS interceded and forced them to take back Marcy Rylan. Since she's recurring, they don't have to write for her and they may gradually phase her out.

by Anonymousreply 31812/08/2012

Did Julie Chen just say "Marco Dapper"? Isn't he famous mostly for his penis?

Also, the guy at 0:22 looks just like Devon.

by Anonymousreply 31912/08/2012

Maybe they'll bring her back only to kill her off. And I'd accept Crystal Chappel as an Ashley recast.

by Anonymousreply 32012/08/2012

[quote] And I'd accept Crystal Chappel as an Ashley recast.

no. just no.

But I would love her as a new character

by Anonymousreply 32112/08/2012

Chelsea is really annoying, what a waste. The character is a dud.

by Anonymousreply 32212/09/2012

Why won't they bring Brenda Epperson back? She's said she's available.

by Anonymousreply 32312/09/2012

This scene today with Nick telling Summer how wonderful she is would test anyone's gag reflex. What are the writers thinking???

by Anonymousreply 32412/10/2012

Finn is an obnoxious brat. I'm close to not watching the crappy show anymore.

by Anonymousreply 32512/14/2012

Ditto, R325. Though that least perfected his "evil hair".

by Anonymousreply 32612/14/2012

All of the storylines are boring. Fire Summer and Finn. I also dislike the Avery/Nick pairing. The Sharon story sucks too.

by Anonymousreply 32712/14/2012

Did Y&R air on the East Coast today? It was preemepted on the West Coast by the school shooting.

by Anonymousreply 32812/14/2012

Is the actor who plays Finn gay?

by Anonymousreply 32912/14/2012

It's Fen, not Finn (as in short for Fenmore).

by Anonymousreply 33012/15/2012

If the show was pre-empted on the west coast, then Friday's episode will be shown Monday.

by Anonymousreply 33112/16/2012

I think it was pre-empted. I DVR it off Soap Net and they re-ran Thursday episode.

by Anonymousreply 33212/16/2012

Gasp! Cough! Ack! I'm having a heart attack! Get me off this fucking show!

by Anonymousreply 33312/21/2012

I'd been busy the past week and just watched the episodes marathon style, and damn it's slow and boring!

Neil and his suit and tie plot is boring/stupid. The two new Black actors are introduced without any storyline. Lily and Cane are STILL the most boring couple on TV, daytime or otherwise.

Tucker has been reduced to lurking in the background with nothing to do. They bring back Jill only to waste her presence. I thought she was going to be running things with Katherine. What happened?

Are Kyle and Noah the same actor? Any day without Fen/Summer/Jaime is a blessing.

And where is Nikki in all this? Give the woman a storyline. Give Victoria a storyline. They pared down the cast with the takeover, but haven't set into plots into motion. The writers seem to start and stop ideas on a weekly basis.

What a mess! (And of course I'll keep watching.)

by Anonymousreply 33412/24/2012

Katherine and Jill are friends now? They've hated each other since 1973 when druken Kay would fuck stable boys and her husband fell in love with Jill.

by Anonymousreply 33512/24/2012

Yeah, Katherine and Jill have become (best) friends actually and they were going to run Chancellor together, but that storyline seems to have been dropped.

Why hasn't Jill seen Billy since she's been back to town?

by Anonymousreply 33612/24/2012

I hate that Kay and Jill are friends now. It was even worse when they were mother/daughter not too long ago. Talk about jumping the shark.

by Anonymousreply 33712/24/2012

Ha, yes they referenced the other day when they thought they were mother and daughter. That was stupid, and I'm surprised they even wanted to remind us that it ever happened.

by Anonymousreply 33812/24/2012

Jeanne Cooper wrote in her autobiography that plot line about Jill being her daughter was a terrible idea.

by Anonymousreply 33912/25/2012

She was right, R339.

by Anonymousreply 34012/25/2012

This show sucks now.

by Anonymousreply 34112/25/2012

Victoria and Cole from 1993.

by Anonymousreply 34212/25/2012

J Eddie Peck is beyond hot

by Anonymousreply 34312/25/2012

BREAKING whoever said that Steve Burton was headed to Y & R was right!

The next FOJ that will be joining Y & R is Steve Burton!

See link below

by Anonymousreply 34412/26/2012

So I guess there is an insider posting on here.

by Anonymousreply 34512/26/2012

This show sucks. All of the storylines are boring.

by Anonymousreply 34612/26/2012

345, it doesn't take an insider to guess correctly that Burton was going to end up on Y&R. The moment it was announced JFP took the helm of Y&R, it was speculated even before Burton offically left GH. When he did, it was a matter of time before he crossed over to Y&R. Anyone could have guessed (and have) that was going to happen.

Burton can't survive out there in the real world. He's become too spoiled to actually be a professional actor. JFP will give him all the privileges, pomp and prestige she gave him over on GH that Valentini utterly refused to.

by Anonymousreply 34712/26/2012

Roger Newcomb from WE LOVE SOAPS suggested it would be interesting if he was a recast Philip III. I agree. I highly doubt Burton would take a long-term gay role though.

by Anonymousreply 34812/26/2012

I'm not sure Y&R can survive a hit like this. It's been terrible since JFP took over. She truly is a soap killer.

by Anonymousreply 34912/26/2012

I may stop watching.

by Anonymousreply 35012/26/2012

This could signal the end days of Y&R. Burton is not much of an actor and would never make it beyond soaps. The fact that he left GH because he wouldn't share in the sandbox is also a sign of how obnoxious and entitled he is. Frank Valentini would not treat him like a demi-god and give in to his demands so he took his toys and went home. Guarantee that within 3 or 4 months he will be outdoing EB for screentime. He refuses to do love scenes or take of his shirt (heard he had a major temper tantrum on GH when he read a script that had Jason shirtless). He will bring his special brand of staring and whatever else to Y&R now.

by Anonymousreply 35112/26/2012

His character is Dylan somebody, architect, war veteran. Will build new Victor Newman home. Ex of the lawyer now screwing Nick. My guess is he's headed for Sharon.

by Anonymousreply 35212/26/2012

Avery and Nick lack chemistry.

by Anonymousreply 35312/26/2012

So Maria Bell was ousted for a team that's bringing in Steve Burton, burned down the Newman Ranch and the stories being told are hardly compelling.

Bill Bell must be rolling over in his grave.

by Anonymousreply 35412/26/2012

Moving on to another soap after establishing a hit character on a soap is rarely successful.

Just ask Genie Francis who tried four different soap roles (including Bare Essence, a shortlived nighttime soap), but Laura is the only role that was iconic. All the other roles were very forgettable.

They'd have to make him a member of a core family. A recast Phillip III would be good, but doubt SB would play gay.

Maybe a recast of Keemo Abbot -- if OLTL can ignore Blair's Asian background when recasting the role, so can Y&R.

Or a long lost hitman son of Victor Newman. Steve would likely enjoy working with the ever mumbling Eric Braeden; it would remind him of his buddy Maurice Bernard.

by Anonymousreply 35512/26/2012

I'm also finding Y&R unwatchable these days. Burton will make it worse. See the comments in TV Guide- no one misses him on GH.

by Anonymousreply 35612/27/2012

The show is sucking big time these days. The couplings (Nick and Avery, Adam and Sharon AGAIN, Cole and Lily) all blow and are way past their sell-by date. It's a sad day when even "B&B" is proving to be more interesting than their source show.

by Anonymousreply 35712/27/2012

Jessica Collins could prove some worth if she could convince her husband Robert Tyler (ex-Trucker, Loving) to come on the show as a penniless drifter who can't afford a shirt.

by Anonymousreply 35812/27/2012

^^^ Jessica is married to Robert Tyler ?????

How the hell did I not know that ? Yes, by all means bring him on.

by Anonymousreply 35912/27/2012

Robert Tyler was one of Marland's 'special boys'.

by Anonymousreply 36012/27/2012

Doug had superior taste. Were John Wesley Shipp, Jon Hensley, and Perry Stevens also Doug's boys?

by Anonymousreply 36112/27/2012

Shipp and Hensley were, don't know about Perry. Marland went above and beyond on Shipp and Hensley's feets. Dong unspeakable things to mention on a family website, like this one.

by Anonymousreply 36212/27/2012

I am sure JFP expects a hoard of the deluded Burton fanbase to start tuning into Y&R. Problem is they are still talking like this is just a blip on the radar and he will start missing GH and come back. In other words, they just want Jason Morgan, LMAO! They will probably get him too, since his whole acting ability consists of two stares- non-blinking, intense and bewildered (which is meant to imply a couple of emotions). He will just be Jason 2.0

by Anonymousreply 36312/27/2012

[quote] Just ask Genie Francis who tried four different soap roles

Actually Genie scored on Days as Diana Colville and had great chemistry with Drake Hogestyn. She left because she was pissed with Corday & Company. Though she loves her storyline with Drake, she hated the first six months. Her character was only supposed to be a two week character. But when Genie became available (she needed a steady job to pay the mortgage), they snapped her up - without a storyline. So the first six months had her doing absolutely nothing. That and she couldn't exercise her 'out' clause, and was forced to turn down two mini-series.

Days wanted her to resign, and went back to her a few times even after she left. She always gave the same answer, no.

by Anonymousreply 36412/27/2012

Genie on why she took the role of Genevieve.

by Anonymousreply 36512/27/2012

r364 Drake has chemistry with virtually all his female co-stars, including Genie.

Drake may not be Oscar worthy in the acting department, but he has certain wins the top DuPont awards for chemistry.

by Anonymousreply 36612/27/2012

I read somewhere that Genie wanted to keep playing the role of Ceara on AMC/Loving, but the network wanted her as Laura so they killed off Ceara to kind of force her back to Laura. I was under the impression that Genie had a better experience than on Days and really would have preferred not to return as Laura at the time (not that Ceara was all that great of a character).

by Anonymousreply 36712/27/2012

That is right R367

She was all ready to resign with AMC when network exec intervened and killed off the character.

At the time GH ratings were going down, and they felt Genie returning would boost the ratings.

by Anonymousreply 36812/27/2012

when will any of these execs realize the one thing that will really increase the ratings is a great head writer who's allowed to do his/her job without interference?

one of the funniest things I read about Robert Tyler when he was on ATWT is that Diva von Dish in Soap Opera Digest referred to his character as: "Transient mental case Spencer Davies."

It was dead on. These guys really can't act. But, boy, are they pretty!

by Anonymousreply 36912/27/2012

Genie's favorite post-Laura role was Ceara Connor on AMC and then LOVING. She never wanted to go back to GH. ABC played a hard game and had her character killed off LOVING. It was Tony Geary who convinced the brass that a Luke-Laura redux would be a great idea. His current role on GH as Luke-'s look-a-like cousin Bill Eckert was a dismal failure (even after they tried pairing him off with his other lformer leading lady Emma Samms). The audience wanted Luke. To keep himself employed, Geary came upo with the whole Frank Smith redux story and pitched it to the execs. They loved it and offered it to Francis, who declined. They painted her into a corner when they slashed her new LOVING job. Francis returned to GH to enjoy a whole new renaissance under Wendy Riche. It was Geary who was constantly complaining about the stories they came up for Luke and Laura (even coming to fisticuffs with one of the writers). When Geary's health came into question, pregnant Francis didn't want to continue love scenes with him and welcomed the pairing of Laura and Stefan Cassadine. This caused alot of misunderstanding between Geary and Francis, who was becoming increasingly unpopular with the headwriter Bob Guza and exec producer Jill Farren Phelps. Francis was axed by Phelps and Guza wrote Laura out of the story as a severly mentally unhinged character, implying that Laura had been a borderline schizophrenic mental case all those years the audience loved Laura. The Luke and Laura legend was never the same. All because Geary wanted to keep himself employed and couldn't carve anything else for himself other than Luke Spencer.

by Anonymousreply 37012/27/2012

Marland's stable of foot fetish boys included Shipp (with whom he had a long term relationship with), Jon Hensley, Robert Tyler, Jim Wclek, and Richard Burgi.

by Anonymousreply 37112/27/2012

Jon Hensley has dipped his toes in Lake Homo? Who knew? That just makes him even hotter.

by Anonymousreply 37212/27/2012

Two comments to make make.

Drake Hogestyn is not a great actor, but he gets what John Black's appeal is, which is why he works so well with every actress they pair him with. Even now, he's older and some of the sex appeal is gone, but the character still works.

Comment 2. Despite GH bringing her great success and millions of fans, GF hates the show. She was coked out during the glory days and Gloria Monty enabled it and she hasn't really let that go. She and Tony aren't exactly friends. They've probably moved passed some of the bullshit that went down between them, but some of it will never be forgotten because it was so ugly and wrong. She also can never get over the fact that Tony is the moneyshot. Not only does he have serious clout and pretty much does whatever he wants, he has made a nice living sticking with the GH. Genie was never offered the outs or the extra perks that Tony received in addition to the nice salary. She wanted parity. They had it in money, but in nothing else.

by Anonymousreply 37312/27/2012

Toes being the operative word R372. Doug didn't fuck 'em, he just used their feet.

by Anonymousreply 37412/27/2012

Did they jack him off with their feet?

by Anonymousreply 37512/27/2012

Maybe, r375, but I think it was more of the Shrimping variety (sucking toes, kissing and licking feet).

by Anonymousreply 37612/28/2012

Things weren't the same between TG/GF because she refused to kiss him once he was Poz. It had nothing to do with Eckert.

by Anonymousreply 37712/28/2012

R370 - How do you know all this backstory about GF and TG?

by Anonymousreply 37812/28/2012

GF can stay away from GH as far as I'm concerned.

She and her husband treated Geary so wrong when he was initailly diagnosed. Fuck her!

I don't blame Geary for not wanting a L&L reunion on screen.

by Anonymousreply 37912/28/2012

[quote]She and her husband treated Geary so wrong when he was initailly diagnosed. Fuck her!

Someone on a Jonathan Frakes thread I created here said something about how nasty he was to TG. What exactly did he say or do?

by Anonymousreply 38012/28/2012

How do we know Geary is poz? When did he test poz? I wouldn't kiss Geary either, but not because of his HIV status. He's just gross.

by Anonymousreply 38112/28/2012

Tony told the showrunners and Genie about his diagnosis. Frakes and Genie treated Geary very badly when he was initially diagnosed poz.

Frakes showed up at a back stage meeting and he and Genie demanded that she no longer kiss Tony. They also demanded she be given another pairing. That's when Laura went to Stephan.

This hurt Geary very much. He was treated like a leaper by the 2 of them. This effectively lead to a falling out between the 2 of them.

by Anonymousreply 38212/28/2012

Fuck off!Hausfrau's are not wanted on this site or thread.

by Anonymousreply 38312/28/2012

r382, what year was this? Earliest it could've been was 92/93, and even then it was known that you can't transmit the disease via kissing. Too bad Genie and Frakes went all reactionary.

by Anonymousreply 38412/28/2012

I have a book written about Screen Chemistry and TG and GF were included. The whole ugly situation was spilled in there by writers and production peeps.

I don't blame Tony for being cold to a Luke and Laura reunion after the way she and her husband acted.

He's a bigger man than me though because he has since sort of made up with her. They aren't close like they were before but he's civil with her. He even hosted them at his home in Amsterdam.

I'd be shit if I did that. I hold a grudge.

by Anonymousreply 38512/28/2012

Yeah, I'm kind of curious when this falling out between Geary and Francis was supposed to have taken place. Her first pregnancy took her off screen for a while but she was back by the time Guza came on the show in 1996 and wrote the introduction of Stephan and Nikolas. She hadn't been back on the show a full year when she announced her second pregnancy and admitted that she hadn't planned it that way. By the end of 1996, Guza was gone and Culliton had begun writing the show and butchered the Cassadine story, and Francis was beginning her maternity leave. However, in early 1997, they brought her back for a short bit to tie up the story as best as possible - and through it all, Luke and Laura were still together, and Geary was talking about protecting the Luke and Laura franchise. She didn't return to the set until well into 1998 and even then, it was rumored she was forced to with a lawsuit. But during the break, she and Tony did an interview with Logan from TV Guide and they sounded like really close working partners - but she said she wasn't coming back until they had a good story to tell (even though she was under contract). Upon returning, the immediate story was the revelation to Lucky that Luke had raped Laura and the couple was pretty much estranged from that point on (with Laura moving to Stefan and Luke to Felicia) until they reunited the last few months before her exit in 2002. So according to what I've read here, the Tony's health revelation didn't happen until her return in 1998? She didn't have a problem kissing him upon her short story arc returns the last few years. Something just seems off about this whole estrangement between them - they even talked about seeing each other in Amsterdam after she left the show in 2002 and Frakes was filming in Europe (Thunderbirds?).

by Anonymousreply 38612/28/2012

The whole mess is profiled in "Screen Couple Chemistry:The Power of 2" by Martha Nochimson

by Anonymousreply 38712/28/2012

The head honchos at Y&R in recent history could learn a thing or two from the late Douglas Marland's rules for how NOT to ruin a soap:

[italic]Watch the show.

Learn the history of the show. You would be surprised at the ideas that you can get from the back story of your characters.

Read the fan mail. The very characters that are not thrilling to you may be the audience's favorites.

Be objective. When I came in to ATWT, the first thing I said was, what is pleasing the audience? You have to put your own personal likes and dislikes aside and develop the characters that the audience wants to see.

Talk to everyone; writers and actors especially. There may be something in a character's history that will work beautifully for you, and who would know better than the actor who has been playing the role?

Don't change a core character. You can certainly give them edges they didn't have before, or give them a logical reason to change their behavior. But when the audience says, "He would never do that," then you have failed.

Build new characters slowly. Everyone knows that it takes six months to a year for an audience to care about a new character. Tie them in to existing characters. Don't shove them down the viewers' throats.

If you feel staff changes are in order, look within the organization first. P&G (Procter & Gamble) does a lot of promoting from within. Almost all of our producers worked their way up from staff positions, and that means they know the show.

Don't fire anyone for six months. I feel very deeply that you should look at the show's canvas before you do anything.

Good soap opera is good storytelling. It's very simple.[/italic]

by Anonymousreply 38812/28/2012

Oh please honey, even Marland didn't always follow his own rules. He turned Barbara from heroine to bitch overnight with little motivation. A lesser actress than CZP couldn't have pulled off the awkward material. Plus, he introduced a gaggle of Snyders and revolved the show around them.

by Anonymousreply 38912/28/2012

Marland acknowledged the Barbara thing and the Snyders were slowly introduced and took supporting roles for quite a long time.

by Anonymousreply 39012/28/2012

r389, all Marland did was return Barbara to her roots; she was introduced as a scheming selfish young woman who ended up as James Stenbeck's victim. Soured by years of being James' victim, Barbara simply decided never to be weak again, and went back to who she really was. Basic nature doesn't change. Marland knew Barbara's character well.

The Snyders were slowly introduced over the course of the story. It was hardly an overnight invasion.

by Anonymousreply 39112/28/2012

R388 These rules of Marland are always being quoted but he didn't always stick to them. He shoved the Snyders to the forefront and the Hughes and other core families to the backburner; he wrote a good story but contradicted his own rules often enough.

by Anonymousreply 39212/29/2012

"He shoved the Snyders to the forefront and the Hughes and other core families to the backburner"

What??? He brought back matriarch Nancy and patriarch Chris, wrote the greatest teen alcoholism story ever on soaps for Andy/Kim/Bob/John (which led to the shocking Kim/Bob/Susan triangle), then the Tom/Margo/Hal triangle, made Frannie the heroine of the show, brought in Lian as Tom's long-lost daughter... What on earth more could he have done? The Hughes' were the absolute center of the show in the late Eighties, and it was fabulous.

by Anonymousreply 39312/29/2012

What about that ridiculous Castle McKechnie crap and Shannon's shrunken head. That was some of the most cringeworthy storytelling I've ever seen on a soap, and that's saying a lot.

by Anonymousreply 39412/29/2012

[quote] What about that ridiculous Castle McKechnie crap and Shannon's shrunken head.

Oooh me wee lassie!

by Anonymousreply 39512/29/2012

I was watching some of Marland's early GL stuff on youtube the other week. I have to say that despite the very cheap production values, the top-notch acting and writing really save the show. I was pretty impressed that it held up so well. Lenore Kasdorf was an absolute goddess. By comparison, I find a lot of ATWT writing borderline pretentious.

by Anonymousreply 39612/29/2012

Marland introduced the Sndyers S L O W L Y.

It was months before they got off that farm.

By the time John invited Emma to be his date to a Hughes (?) family function (or some gala on Diana's) the audience WANTED that hardworking mother of 73 (okay 6) to have a night out on the town.

Doug wrote a community of people that you could actually believe existed. And you wanted to be a part of it.

His time at each show created iconic characters. At GH, there was Bobbie, Luke, Tracy... at GL, he created the Reardons, Vanessa Chamberlain and at ATWT, there were scores of characters he created, too numerous to list.

by Anonymousreply 39712/29/2012

I really wish people would stop trotting out Marland as some great soap writer. He was okay, but he was no Bill Bell. Hell, he was no Robert Cenedella. The only show he ever did good work on was GH and some of GL. ATWT was Snyder this and Snyder that while the poor Stewarts got kicked to the curb.

Marland used his shows to get young guys for his foot pleasures. It was embarrassing what he made those guys do.

by Anonymousreply 39812/29/2012

[quote]Marland used his shows to get young guys for his foot pleasures. It was embarrassing what he made those guys do.

by Anonymousreply 39912/29/2012

R398, so Marland was into hunky guys. Lots of us are. Heck, he'd have fit in well here at DL.

I felt his work at ATWT wasn't OK; I thought it was brilliant.

1. The Doug Cummings story.

2. Lucinda and Craig.

3. the Susan/Bob/Kim triangle

Those are just three examples. There are so many more.

by Anonymousreply 40012/29/2012

I'm also a big fan of Marland's. He knew how to write character driven stories and plot driven stories. He knew how to surprise an audience and would go left when we thought he was going right. And while the Stewart family as a whole may have fallen to the wayside, Emily and Susan were a HUGE part of the show, the Hughes were front and center with the Snyders, and he was wonderful about bringing back past characters for things that family would come back for - holidays, marriages, deaths, anniversaries. His only weakness for me was his murder mysteries - they would start off with a well constructed bang, go on WAY too long for months, and then wrap up with some suspense, but usually having some C-list character be the bad guy.

by Anonymousreply 40112/29/2012

Two words about Doug Marland.

Carolyn. Crawford.

by Anonymousreply 40212/29/2012

Marland broke up Steve & Betsy!

He said at the time, "It's a dirty job, but someone had to do it"

by Anonymousreply 40312/30/2012

Marland's downfall (and even soap writers and some actors would criticize him) was the amount of contract players he had.

Plus he would group ten actors to stand in a group and do nothing but re-cap the plot.

Shortly after Marland died, CBS demanded a paring down and several actors got axed.

35 year vet Pat Bruder was the first to get the axe.

by Anonymousreply 40412/30/2012

Pat Bruder should have been fired ages before

by Anonymousreply 40512/30/2012

Marland was no Bill Bell!!! Bill Bell wrote SLOW boring trite stories. You could watch one episode of Y&R and tune in one week later and the same exact things were still going on.

Better writers, along with Marland, than Bill Bell include:

Henry Slesar Donna Swajeski Clair Labine Harding LeMay The Dobsons

by Anonymousreply 40612/30/2012

Brian Bloom is the only actor to slam Marland.

He said he got the most fan mail, yet all his character did was recap the plot and empty bedpans.

by Anonymousreply 40712/30/2012

He did waste Brian Bloom. I always wished he would have returned as Dusty instead of Grayson McCouch. He never felt like Dusty to me. And BB got so much hotter as an adult! Wonder why he never returned to soaps?

by Anonymousreply 40812/30/2012

Harding Lemay tells this fabulous story about one of Doug's Christmas parties. This was when Doug was writing GL and Lemay was on the writing staff. Apparently Doug's parties were always very lavish and well attended. Well Pete goes to the restroom, but gets turned around and ends up not in the guest bathroom but a different bathroom. He opens the door and finds Doug sucking cocktail sauce off of one of the actor's feet. While the actor was making out with the guy he brought as his date. Doug was going to town and the actor was just moaning away and making out with his date like crazy. Pete never revealed the actor, but everyone knew who it was. During the next contract cycle, the actor went from a three day a week guarantee to a four day a week guarantee.

by Anonymousreply 40912/30/2012

R408 he wants to put his soap past behind him. When he first arrived in Hollywood he omitted his soap work off his resume. He didn't even mention the Emmy he won.

He doesn't like to talk about his past soap work, but for some reason (even to this day) he will make an exception with Soap Opera Digest when they do a WEHT feature.

by Anonymousreply 41012/30/2012

It had to have been John Wesley Shipp. Who else could it have been? Certainly not Mart Hulswit or Don Stewart? LOL

by Anonymousreply 41112/30/2012

btw Bloom also says he has invested his childhood earnings very well, so he doesn't have to worry about money. He can be picky about what acting gigs he wants to take.

by Anonymousreply 41212/30/2012

I'm sure Doug would have been in heaven to go down on Mart Hulswit's chubby tootsies.

by Anonymousreply 41312/30/2012

William Fichtner has blasted Marland's writing too. A few years ago in an interview, he made fun of his character and the background "the writer" wrote for him (killing a dog in a fit of anger, or something like that). I loved Marland's GL. On the other hand, at ATWT he wrote overly convoluted stories for a bloated cast of mostly dull characters.

by Anonymousreply 41412/30/2012

Mart Hulswit was actually cute...much better looking than his successor Peter Simon. Don Stewart was a major hunk back in the day. Saw him on an episode of Dragnet the other week, and hubba hubba.

by Anonymousreply 41512/30/2012

"Marland broke up Steve & Betsy!"

Thank heavens. Steve was an asshole, pure and simple. I was always on Team Craig, even when he tried to blow to Steve to bits in his truck.

Some say that the ATWT cast was "bloated" in the Eighties, but I loved it. It was realistic. Big crowds at the farm, at weddings, at the AIDS balls, lots of ladies shopping at Fashions... You believed it was a real town, as someone else said.

And William Fichtner is the last guy who should be complaining about Marland. He got to act his little butt off as they redeemed his rapist character, and Rod and Tonio had the one of the best fight scenes ever on soaps. (33:15)

by Anonymousreply 41612/30/2012

And Marland gave us a gay, partnered homosexual back when that was very rare on TV.

by Anonymousreply 41712/30/2012

Harding Lemay and Marland are my 2 favorite HWs.

by Anonymousreply 41812/30/2012

Did Harding mention this story about Doug in his book?

by Anonymousreply 41912/30/2012

I read Lemay's book and that story is not in there. Lemay was very discrete, going so far in his book as to not mention the actor with him in the training program (Don Hastings) or the actor's character's name.

by Anonymousreply 42012/31/2012

[quote]Bill Bell wrote SLOW boring trite stories.

Bell's work on Days of our Lives was vastly superior to his Y&R stuff.

Your list of writers indeed represents the cream of the soap crop -- except for Swajeski, who is a second-tier talent. She definitely had her moments as AW headwriter -- many of them courtesy of Lemay's ideas -- but she never displayed the depth and breadth of the greats.

by Anonymousreply 42112/31/2012

Sorry r.421 but Swajeski revived AW in the early 90's with the Viki/Marley, Frankie/Cass, Sharlene/John stories. It was after she left that it started to slide downhill again.

by Anonymousreply 42212/31/2012

Swajeski was terrible. I pray to god that she's not part of the AMC reboot.

by Anonymousreply 42312/31/2012

Swajeski's story ideas were all from Lemay's bible. He wrote a 400 page document when he was hired to be headwriter, that bible lasted for the first half of Donna's stint.

For people to question Bill Bell is shocking to me. The first ten years of YR was excellent. I also loved that he kept his little rivalry up with Agnes throughout the years. He respected her, he didn't hate her like Doug Marland would post Loving.

by Anonymousreply 42412/31/2012

[quote]Swajeski revived AW in the early 90's ... It was after she left that it started to slide downhill again.

I agree with you on both points. But I think you're judging her more favorably because of the absolute crap that came before and after her. Her work doesn't hold a candle to Lemay's '70s stuff. And again, many of the best things about her run -- the return of Iris, the renewed emphasis on Sharlene and the Frames -- were Lemay's ideas.

by Anonymousreply 42512/31/2012

Except LeMay's ideas only went up to the Paulina is Mac's daughter reveal. Which means the whole Taylor Benson and return of Carl menacing Frankie, Kathleen, and Rachel were Swajeski's stories and they were damn good.

by Anonymousreply 42612/31/2012

I prefered Lemay to Swajeski; imagine if he'd stayed in the late 80s?

AW could have recaptured its former glory.

Schmering called it 'drawing room drama' and it was indeed.

Every soap says they have the best cast but AW in the 70s had some amaizng actors -- McKinsey, Wyndham, Dailey, Nic Coster, Connie Ford -- it was like watching theater every day.

by Anonymousreply 42712/31/2012

Lemay was great for that 71-79 time period, but he would have needed a strong co-head writer when he returned to add plot to his stories. AW from 71-79 was one long character study. Audiences would not have sat still for no plot in the late 80s/ early 90s. People scream for character driven storylines, but they want murders and bigger than life villains. Lemay would have needed someone to add all that.

by Anonymousreply 42812/31/2012

I can't believe Doug would mess around at his own party.

Or that he'd dip his toes, er, pen in the company ink!

I LOVED his ATWT (Carolyn Crawford notwithstanding.)

Still, I admit his scenes got a little recappy.

Lisa: "I just came from Memorial where I ran into Tom and Margo, who had just come from Diana's where they ran into Hal, who was talking to Kim about her ordeal with her stalker just as Bob entered with Frannie..."

by Anonymousreply 42912/31/2012

You guys are turing this thread into a real snoozefest. Let's get back to the topic at hand...who would be the top in a Victor/Jack fuckfest? Should Y&R end on a high note and have these two walk off into the sunset together?

by Anonymousreply 43012/31/2012

Did anyone watch that clip at the Jon Hensley thread ? Talk about lame.

Lisa Brown as Iva to Meg (paraphrasing): "Oh well, if it isn't my little sister Meg Snyder. Oh how you've grown. Your so pretty, I hope we can be friends."

by Anonymousreply 43112/31/2012

R431, yeah, that was uncharacteristically lame. It was worthy of a Jack/Ashley encounter on Y&R.

"Hey, Sis!"

by Anonymousreply 43212/31/2012

r428, Lemay was planning to add some plot in the late 80s. Supposedly he wrote something about a woman who was trafficking underage kids through Bay City for white slavery. The Frame family farm was supposed to have been involved. It sounds silly on paper, but I think he could've made it work. It certainly would've played better than Swajeski's Beauty and the Beast crap.

by Anonymousreply 43301/01/2013

LeMay outlined/penned AW's Who Shot Jake but Swajeski took all the credit.

That was an edge of your seat story. I wish somebody could write a story like that again on a soap.

by Anonymousreply 43401/01/2013

Which is why it was laughable years later when Jake and Vicky became a couple and Marley was turned into a crazy villain.

by Anonymousreply 43501/01/2013

Today had one of the most unintentionally funny scenes in ages. When Fen outed Summer as "Britney" on FacePlace to Jaime I was buckled over with laughter. Fen's gay little temper tantrum and foot stomping was a riot. Why is he this little moustache-twirling villain?

The other horrible line was when Adam told Chelsea he was lost without her and she told him to get a GPS!

by Anonymousreply 43601/01/2013

I'm always surprised no one ever includes Pat Falken Smith in their lists of classic soap writers. Post-Marland GH in the early 80s was great energetic drama, changing soaps fore(for good or bad - the 80s were a great ride). She changed DAYS forever when she jumped over to DAYS in the 80s - no one was ever able to recapture what she turned that show into until James Reilly took the helm in the 90s.

Harding Lemay wrote great classic drawing room drama, but I agree with the poster that he would have floundered in the 80s with that kind of writing. The 70s was a time to do stuff like that. It was Bergman in the cinema, plays and novels were regularly adapted to television, lots of cultural revolutions going on - feminism, divorce, sexuality. People were listening to what TV, the movies, art in general to hear their statements. The 80s got lost in camp, but echoes of the 70s still gave the medium substance. By the 90s and now the , no one was listening - they were talking. Now we're stuck with everyday nobodies becoming superstars through reality shows - no one is listening, they are talking but saying nothing.

by Anonymousreply 43701/01/2013

Pat Falken Smith created the DiMera and Brady families.

by Anonymousreply 43801/01/2013

Speaking of Days, half the show is gunning all engines right now and the other half is like watching paint dry.

When the 'new' old writing regime took back over from the last 'new' writing regime, i had a problem with the way everything just reverted back to what it was before the previous writing team took over. ONe of the best things lost in the reversion was the relationship between EJ and Will, sexual tension and all. They hardly interact now.

But now that a few months have a passed, I've really grown to enjoy half the show. Characters actually do interact more and have conversations - brothers and sisters, old flames, cousins, etc. It feels like a real community and family based show again. I like the way they've brought the church and faith in to the story without preaching. I like the younger set and despite the ughh story that has brought them altogether (Gabby pregnant with Will's child), I like all the different angles; Chad out to get Gabby, Will keeping secrets from Sonny, everyone keeping something from everyone else. I've find it interesting how they initially wrote Nick as the underdog trying to turn his life around, but he is now got darker edges as he manipulates Gabby and Will to get what he wants (all the while showing signs of impatience, homophobia, etc.). The only real piece missing is Melanie as her ex gets involved with her friend, and her ex-friend goes to marry the guy who terrorized her.

And Kristen! That is pure soapy goodness right there. She and Brady are hot (and when is anyone going to acknowledge that Brady is nothing but a ho-dog? The guy continuously tries to bed the object of his attraction within days of knowing them and then tries to make it all about love - and he was so horny he couldn't resist the woman who was almost his step-mom?)

On the other hand, Jennifer and hairy himbo doctor Daniel are nauseating. Both always have pained expressions on their faces because they are FEELING so much, and he's just such a sap.

And Sami? She is so neutered. She has been in this limbo triangle with Rafe and EJ that just isn't working. Her and Rafe are as boring as watching paint dry and always have been (except when they were breaking up) but they have also somehow managed to take all the sexual tension out of her relationship with EJ because it's gone on so long and gone NOWHERE.

by Anonymousreply 43901/01/2013

I get a feeling that it was a mandate from somewhere to end EJ and Will. Don't know it for certain, but someone said end this and never mention it again and that's what happened.

I personally thing the entire show is a mess. Kristen's return was botched. They are wasting good characters and showcasing shitty characters.

by Anonymousreply 44001/01/2013

Pat Falken Smith also created the Cassadines, Kelly's Diner and other GH staples.

by Anonymousreply 44101/01/2013

This thread is about Victor and Jack, goddammit!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 44201/01/2013

Jamie should've knocked Fen's queeny ass out. He's such an obnoxious brat. When will Victoria get some sense and leave Billy? I'm tired of them too.

by Anonymousreply 44301/01/2013

r438, which took DAYS through the 80s with a renaissance that they have never been able to recapture. They surpassed GH as the supercouple soap (eventually getting lost in formulaic writing), but the decade was full of great stuff: Marlena and Roman and later Marlena and John; Hope and Bo; Tony and Anna; Kimberly and Shane; Eugene and Calliope; Kayla and Patch; the Salem Strangler and later the Salem Slasher stories; espionage and adventure and high-budget location shoots; the Hortons were still front and centre with the Bradys; the Dimeras as the mysterious exotic component of the show. They've been trying again and again to recapture all that, but have failed.

by Anonymousreply 44401/01/2013

[quote] Jennifer and hairy himbo doctor Daniel

Has Shawn Christian stopped shaving his chest? The things I would do to that man...

by Anonymousreply 44501/02/2013

Any scene with Shawn Christian and Greg Vaughan gazing deeply into one another eyes and trying to repress their giddiness about being each being in one another's musky orbit is totally worth my time. They look like they realllllly want to fuck each other.

by Anonymousreply 44601/02/2013

R446 You are projecting. I don't pick up a gay vibe from either one of them; then again, I have been wrong before.

by Anonymousreply 44701/02/2013

I used to like the kind of guy who had it buried so deep (his feelings, that is) that even he didn't know.

But then I realized what a waste of time that was.

by Anonymousreply 44801/02/2013

[quote]Any scene with Shawn Christian and Greg Vaughan gazing deeply into one another eyes and trying to repress their giddiness about being each being in one another's musky orbit is totally worth my time. They look like they realllllly want to fuck each other.

I don't know how anyone could work with Greg Vaughan and NOT want to fuck him.

by Anonymousreply 44901/02/2013

r449=Tony Geary

by Anonymousreply 45001/02/2013

Did Tony Geary really have a thing for GV?

by Anonymousreply 45101/03/2013

I think they are making MM the new lead actor of Y&R (until Steve/Jason shows up). MM is a fantastic actor and I love the screen time he's getting. The only thing I don't like is him getting stuck in the Chelsea marriage stuff. That bores me to tears. MCE was good on AMC and she was ok on Y&R when she first showed up but this watered down version is boring. Free Adam.

by Anonymousreply 45201/03/2013

Geary said the Lucky actors kept getting better looking (paraphrased because I don't have the exact quote), quite a compliment to Greg Vaughn. I've heard he enjoyed working with Jonathan Jackson but that he didn't care to work with either Jacob Young or GV.

by Anonymousreply 45301/03/2013

Geary's very nice. He doesn't come right out and slam anyone; the compliment to Vaughan about Lucky getting better looking is flattering, but if you really think about it...he's just saying he's good looking.

by Anonymousreply 45401/04/2013

Can you not take a joke ?

by Anonymousreply 45501/04/2013

I found Greg Rikaart's boyfriend. His name is Robert Sudduth, also an actor. There are (rare) pictures of them together online.

by Anonymousreply 45601/04/2013

Bravo R456

by Anonymousreply 45701/04/2013

R 452, I agree. Michael makes an excellent leading man but he has no chemistry with Melissa. I don't see Adam and Chelsea lasting beyond 6 months especially given that she is so insecure and needy.

by Anonymousreply 45801/04/2013

459=deluded flyover frau

Where are these supposed pics of Sudduth and Liz H on an intimate date?

by Anonymousreply 46001/04/2013

R459, even if Sudduth and Rikaart are not involved sexually, that does not mean Rikaart is straight.

by Anonymousreply 46101/04/2013

Greg and Robert...

by Anonymousreply 46201/04/2013

by Anonymousreply 46301/04/2013

Greg and Robert...

by Anonymousreply 46501/04/2013

For the love of Pete!

Sudduth is Rikaart's longterm partner. Liz H's longterm partner is Barbara Bloom. Yes, that Barbara Bloom.T

Any magazine article was written to perpetuate their bearding arrangement.

by Anonymousreply 46601/04/2013

Liz H is a notorious beard for gay actors. We've known that for years.

by Anonymousreply 46701/04/2013

Good Lord, Liz H. is the soap world's #1 Fag Hag!

by Anonymousreply 46801/05/2013

LOL at using Soaps in Depth as proof that Greg is straight and he fixed up Liz H and Sudduth. That is a publication for the straight mainstream audience. They would never mention that an actor was gay. They have spent years promoting false romances that last long enough to keep assuring the dimwitted fangurls that so and so is straight. Liz Hendrickson has been a "beard" girlfriend for more than one gay actor. What a naive twit. Oh yeah I am sure they looked cozy, that is the whole point of the picture dumbass! Get back to me when the "romance" fizzles. "Oh our schedules just interfered and we couldn't spend that much time together" "We are just not ready for a serious relationships and our keeping our options open" Oh, and here is another thing - Greg is gay, gay, gay!

by Anonymousreply 46901/05/2013

I can't believe anyone would believe for a minute that GR is straight. They have to be trolling. It's absurd. So are his love scenes with his leading ladies. The guy is GAY.

by Anonymousreply 47001/05/2013

Either that or the naive troll is LH herself.

by Anonymousreply 47101/05/2013

What's Christian Jules LeBlanc's story? 50-ish, handsome, never married or linked with any women that I can recall, in terrific shape, kinda pings. What the 411 on Mr. LeBlanc?

by Anonymousreply 47201/06/2013

You're kidding right, R472? LeBlanc is gayer than a pink ribbon-adorned, quiche and Perrier-filled picnic basket at an outdoor Cher concert.

by Anonymousreply 47301/06/2013

Michael Fairman On Air On Soaps. Best and worst list of 2012.

by Anonymousreply 47401/06/2013

Victor would fuck the shit out of Jack, yougotthat??!!

by Anonymousreply 47501/06/2013

Steve Burton was on The Talk. He starts work tomorrow as Dylan McAvoy.

We'll see him on our screens the last week of January.

Let the backstage fighting begin.

by Anonymousreply 47601/07/2013

[quote]Let the backstage fighting begin.

Burton will run to Mommy (JFP). He's delicate, you know. Gets his feelings hurt real easily. He likes to dish it out but he can't take it.

He was always a backstage bully at GH, but he's not bright enough to understand that what goes around comes around.

by Anonymousreply 47701/08/2013

Are they pairing Burton with Sharon Case?

by Anonymousreply 47801/08/2013

Burton's character is the long lost son of Avery.

by Anonymousreply 47901/08/2013

479 Burton will be Avery's lover who is believed to be dead at war

by Anonymousreply 48001/08/2013

Joshua Morrow tweeted today that he did his first scene with The Burton.

by Anonymousreply 48101/08/2013

Get the fuck off our board. Go back to Frau Central.

by Anonymousreply 48301/08/2013

Dylan, Burton's character, is the black market baby that Sheila switched with Lauren's, the one who supposedly died from a cot death.

by Anonymousreply 48401/08/2013

Isn't Burton a tad too long in the touch to be playing a character that even in the rapidly aging soap universe should be about 27 years old at the most?

by Anonymousreply 48501/08/2013

Dylan was born around the same year as Nicholas Newman so.. go figure...

by Anonymousreply 48701/08/2013

Whoever he is, Burton will be playing Jason Morgan with a different name. He's only capable of playing one emotion: dull.

by Anonymousreply 48801/08/2013

Before Jason got into that car accident, he was Jason Quartermaine--a happy-go-lucky, virginal, long blonde haired good guy. So he is capable of at least two ranges.

by Anonymousreply 48901/08/2013

The Y&R old guard is going to rip his ass apart if he tries any of his GH divo bullshit. They have their own giant egos.

by Anonymousreply 49001/09/2013

Genie Francis has been confirmed to be returning to GH. Her first airdate is Feb 11

by Anonymousreply 49101/09/2013

This Adriana and the stolen money plot is so stupid. I feel for the actress because the role isn't well-written, but she's no great shakes.

I think it will be fun to have Jason on Y&R. Can you imagine his scenes with EB? The have the potential to be camp classics.

by Anonymousreply 49201/09/2013

I willing to bet that Adriana is the sister of Detective Alex. They seemed to know each other quite well.

The stolen money plot is even dumber when you consider that Nick just won't half a Billion dollars in his lawsuit from Victor. Why would his son be involved with hiding half a million? Although why would his son be bartending? It's all so lame.

Too may new faces that no one cares about that are more model than actor. Although I did like Marco in his scene with Lauren today. (but she could have at least tipped him for her drinks!)

by Anonymousreply 49301/09/2013

I'm close to not watching anymore. All of the storylines suck.

by Anonymousreply 49401/10/2013

Who is the actor playing Marco, r493? Has he done other soaps? I just caught it today and had never seen him before.

by Anonymousreply 49501/10/2013

Marco ? I thought his name was Carmine ?

by Anonymousreply 49601/12/2013

Sorry, the character name is Carmine, the actor playing him is Marco Dapper.

Apparently Carmine's dad is a mob boss. I can almost hear JFP paging Maurice Bernard.

by Anonymousreply 49701/12/2013

Victor Newman: "listen here Mr. Morgan, er McAvoy, I will not put up with anything funny in this company. You got that"

Jason Morgan/Dylan McAvoy: Stare, blink, stare

by Anonymousreply 49801/12/2013

I've heard key people in costumes and music departments have been let go and replaced with friends of guess who?

Yes, this does happen in the business, but some clean house when it's totally unnecessary.

There may be more to come.

Does anyone not realize that the only thing wrong with Y&R was the WRITING and PACING.

Not these other departments??

by Anonymousreply 49901/12/2013

So Bregman would play Burton's mother?

it's a bit of a stretch age-wise

by Anonymousreply 50001/12/2013

There is no need to tie him to Lauren.

by Anonymousreply 50101/12/2013

I think the poster who's saying that Dylan is Lauren's son is talking shit. Also, I think Bregman would set herself on fire before being asked to play the mother of a 40-year-old man. Not her style, my friends.

by Anonymousreply 50201/12/2013

R499, Y&R's wardrobe, makeup and hair departments needed to be shaken up because they were not creating a quality product.

Y&R already looks better. More to come, I'm sure. I've also heard all of the sets will be refurbished. That NOLA whorehouse where Adam and Chelsea were living is probably tops on the wrecking ball list.

Same goes for music. JFP started as a music director so she'll be picky there.

by Anonymousreply 50301/12/2013

Time will tell, R499.

People weren't frustrated with the sets and the music and the wardrobe.

They wanted some more cohesive stories.

All the new sets and new cast members and new clothes won't mean crap if the stories don't take form.

What's Noah doing with a big old bag of money? Can't the Newmans just buy their way out of this problem?

Is Jack's pill addiction all that compelling? Is he a character that should be having this storyline?

How can Tyler be any threat to Cane and Lily? Lily's married to this gorgeous guy and they have no conflict at all.

What was the point of Victoria being kidnapped by the GH bartender? She forgave Billy and everything's fine between them. Okey dokey. That story did nothing to change relationships.

Carmine. Tyler. The other new guy. The new cop. The new Noah and Summer. And now Dylan.

The best thing that the new Y&R regime has done is make Genie available to return to GH.

Let's see where Y&R is by its 40th anniversary.

Ironically, Maria may get the last laugh.

by Anonymousreply 50401/12/2013

R504, the GH bartender thing was to give the Billy character an exit if Miller didn't reup. He did, so they made up. Now, she tolerates her father calling Billy a buffoon to his face (and worse)'s so embarrassing, the things they let the awful Eric Braeden get away with. He's a terrible actor and, no matter what you want to say about the worst character of the younger set, does more damage to the show than anyone else.

by Anonymousreply 50501/13/2013

Billy is a buffoon. Victoria is an idiot for staying with him. The show sucks.

by Anonymousreply 50601/13/2013

[quote]Billy is a buffoon.

A buffoon with great tits...

by Anonymousreply 50701/13/2013

R505, it's great to have a contingency plan in case Billy Miller chose to exit.

But he didn't -- so the writers needed another plan to show how that story beat affects their current relationship.

A great writer will use the backstage issues to propel future story.

It can't be: "oh, Billy (Miller) ended up staying so Vicki's kidnapping has no meaning."

GH is great right now. All the dynamics are inter-connected.

Other shows are all these island stories.

by Anonymousreply 50801/13/2013

Get ready for lots of hot shirtless scenes from Steve Burton. He's going to be involved with 2 ladies on the show and he has a secret that is going to connect him to the history of the show.

by Anonymousreply 50901/13/2013

Oh, he's someone's long-lost son! How original for Y&R to do THAT!

by Anonymousreply 51001/13/2013

Well he either will be a long lost child of Jack or Victor then.

Do you think Victor wants Jack kept on the pain pills so it will be easier for him to sneak up to the cabin give Jack some surprise anal?

I'd love to see Jack stop Nikki and Victor's wedding next month. Nikki would assume he was protesting because he was still hung up on HER. The shocker would be he was finally admitting his feelings for Victor. That would certainly shake things up a bit.

R508 is right. Stories like Victoria being kidnapped or Adam moving to Paris (in case his contract negotiations didn't pan out) are confusing to viewers when they are suddenly dropped and forgotten. Viewers shouldn't be expected to keep up with the behind-the-scenes drama to rationalize crappy pacing/story-telling.

by Anonymousreply 51101/13/2013

Burton absolutely refuses to do shirtless scenes because of his Christianity. He should refuse to do it because of his soft belly and love handles.

by Anonymousreply 51201/13/2013

[quote] Burton absolutely refuses to do shirtless scenes because of his Christianity.

But it was okay for him to play a mob enforcer?

I have to ask: Is he retarded?

by Anonymousreply 51301/13/2013

I agree, R508, that that story was handled horribly. I still think Y&R is slightly better now than under MAB.

by Anonymousreply 51401/13/2013

NEXT - the return of Mari Jo Mason played by Friend of Jill, Robin Christopher?

by Anonymousreply 51501/13/2013

r504, MAB contributed to the absolute destruction of this show - she is probably the worst offender of the new regimes post-Bill Bell. If the JFP regime fails, MAB still has blood on her hands.

by Anonymousreply 51601/13/2013

At least Robin can act nut I see within a month a recast of Tucker with Kale Browne!

by Anonymousreply 51701/13/2013

Bring back Kimberlin Brown as Sheila Carter. Have her kill off half the cast because they are all coasting and far too secure.

by Anonymousreply 51801/14/2013

She's still not sure if she can get Steve to take his shirt off.

TV Guide Magazine: It's no shock Steve Burton is joining Y&R, given your relationship. But how'd you make the magic happen so soon? Phelps: We didn't start talking seriously until about five weeks ago. We put out the character breakdown for Dylan McAvoy and we were seeing actors for the role. I just kept thinking how great Steve would be in the part but, at first, it was just a dream. I talked to his manager and we were able to make it work out so that Steve could continue to have the life he wants in Nashville. Plus, Steve loved the idea of playing a character very different from Jason Morgan.

TV Guide Magazine: The current GH brass wasn't able or willing to create that kind of schedule for Burton and he walked. If you were still exec producer at GH, would you have made it work? Phelps: Yes. In fact we did work out a schedule for him to fly back and forth when I was still there. He has long wanted to be in Nashville. This is not some capricious thing with him.

TV Guide Magazine: Back when he was having unsuccessful talks with GH did you say, "Don't worry, Steve, I'll always give you a job at Y&R"? Phelps: Oh, I'm willing to bet I said something like that. [Laughs] But jokingly! Contrary to whatever rumors are out there, I promise you I did not lure him away from GH nor did he leave GH to come to Y&R.

TV Guide Magazine: What if Burton had said, "I'll play this Dylan guy but I need more time. I'll do it in six months or a year"? Phelps: Then we would have moved on with another actor. The part was locked into scripts.

TV Guide Magazine: Were you looking for a big star in this role? Phelps: We were seeing the cream of the crop — well, the cream that's available and affordable.

TV Guide Magazine: We know Burton doesn't come cheap. Phelps: I'm not going to get into that.

TV Guide Magazine: How did you afford him when your mandate is to cut the budget at Y&R? Did you drop Stephen Nichols [Tucker] from the show in order to pay for Burton? Phelps: Absolutely not. I know that's what people are going to think, but no. I love Stephen Nichols. He's a wonderful actor. I'm sorry we couldn't make it work out with him.

TV Guide Magazine: Meaning you did offer him some sort of deal he didn't accept? Phelps: It wouldn't be right for me to discuss that. You'll have to talk to Stephen.

TV Guide Magazine: Back to Burton, what can you reveal about his character? Phelps: Dylan is a war veteran who was greatly traumatized by what happened to him in Afghanistan. He was severely injured and was rescued by a family who helped him recuperate. He's not been heard from for a couple of years, which is why people think he's dead.

TV Guide Magazine: Will we be seeing any of that in flashback? Phelps: No, but we will use flashbacks to bring the audience into the history of the Dylan-Avery relationship. Avery was the great love of his life, though I'm not sure she quite had the same feelings for him.

TV Guide Magazine: Are you going for the obvious romantic triangle with Dylan, Avery and her current man, Nick [Joshua Morrow]? Phelps: Dylan does come to town to find Avery but this story has much more complexity than that. It's really pretty delicious. What you think is going to happen is not what's going to happen.

TV Guide Magazine: A tweet went out, supposedly from Melody Thomas Scott, saying that Dylan is Nikki's long-lost secret son. True? Or was it just some evil fan yanking our chains? Because it's a damn good idea! Phelps: I know nothing about any such story. People on Twitter are having a blast making up stuff.

TV Guide Magazine: Then Dylan is completely new to town? No secret pasts with anybody? Phelps: He's brand new. Initially, he'll be with Avery and Nick and also Sharon. But there's a long story for Dylan that takes him on a journey from character to character and, ultimately, to someplace you never dreamed he was going to go.

by Anonymousreply 51901/14/2013

TV Guide Magazine: Is this swell shooting schedule you gave Burton going to piss off the other big cheeses at Y&R? Phelps: I'll do anything in my power to not have the cast pissed at me. I love this cast! We don't shoot Mondays, and we'll collapse Steve's material into fewer days so he'll have several long weekends. Then we have several dark weeks per year. It's not that big of an accommodation. And, let me tell you, getting Steve is a big shot in the arm for Y&R. People there are very happy to see him. And he's very, very happy to do something different. [Laughs] He has new hair! And he's actually going to be wearing colors other than black!

TV Guide Magazine: He was famous at GH for refusing to take off his shirt on-camera. You plan to fix that? Phelps: I'm going to try. [Laughs] We'll have to wait and see what happens!

by Anonymousreply 52001/14/2013

[quote] And, let me tell you, getting Steve is a big shot in the arm for Y&R. People there are very happy to see him.

The fact that he will be front-burner and have an abbreviated taping schedule means that he will be the MOST HATED person on the set. Just ask Jensen Buchanan how her special shooting schedule went over with her co-stars when she was on Another World.

by Anonymousreply 52101/15/2013

Yes, the show is a little better than under Maria.

But now it's just boring.

by Anonymousreply 52201/15/2013

His fans are thrilled, except for the ones who are totally pissed. Emmy winner Steve Burton made big news — and crushed a lot of hearts — last fall when he left his role as General Hospital mob man Jason Morgan and moved to Nashville. So how come he's back in L.A. and working at The Young and the Restless a mere three months later? Burton hits the CBS soap Jan. 29 as war vet Dylan McAvoy, the supposedly-dead ex of Avery Clark (Jessica Collins). TV Guide Magazine caught up with Burton to get the deets on this head-scratching career move. This star has some 'splainin' to do!

TV Guide Magazine: You can't be broke yet. Why jump back into the suds so soon?

Burton: I've had an incredible time with my family, taking my daughter to gymnastics, coaching my son's football team, shopping at Target — stuff I never got to do when I was at GH — but I never intended to retire. I'm a worker and CBS stepped up and made a deal. It all happened so fast, just like the telenovela I'm putting together with [Y&R exec producer] Jill Farren Phelps and James Franco for Sony. We're inches away on that project. It's looking very promising. The truth is, if I'd gotten an offer for a primetime show or a movie, I probably wouldn't be on Y&R right now. I just want to work.

TV Guide Magazine: You weren't out of work that long. Did you really have time to sit on your porch in Nashville — I'm assuming you have one — and really enjoy your new life?

Burton: I have a great porch! The move to Nashville forced me and my triple-A personality to slow down and appreciate the little things in life. I haven't had three months off ever! And it seemed like a year. Pretty soon I was saying to my wife, "Okay, what are we doing today, honey?" It wasn't that I was tired of sitting on my porch. I will never tire of that. But I was definitely ready to shake it up. People see me as Jason so much they forget I'm an actor. And an actor wants to explore! We're so blessed in daytime to have jobs that go on forever, but it does keep you from trying other things. Actors are gypsies. They're not supposed to have the same job for 20 or 25 years!

TV Guide Magazine: Word is, you have a very cool deal at Y&R that gives you tons of free time. True?

Burton: I'll get a lot of long weekends and frequent weeks off so I can get back to Nashville. I don't want to work five days a week like I did at GH. [Laughs] I was on the air so much even I was sick of me!

TV Guide Magazine: If GH had tried harder to accommodate your personal life would you still be there?

Burton: I don't want to point fingers. I know there are a lot of disappointed fans. They don't really understand what goes on behind the doors. They don't understand why I wouldn't go back to play Jason if I'm ready to work again. But what happens at GH should stay at GH.

TV Guide Magazine: It did seem like the new GH honchos weren't trying all that hard to keep you. Do you think your exit fit better with their story plans and their interest in cutting back on all the mob activity?

Burton: I don't feel it had anything to do with story. The flying back and forth was the sticking point. If I was still living in California, I'd still be with GH. It was too difficult production-wise to work things out and I understand that. I know how the business works and I'm not going to get mad over it. I don't want a show to break its back for one actor. It's not right. Besides, it really felt like it was time for me to go. I was gracious. They were gracious. There are no hard feelings with me and [exec producer] Frank Valentini.

TV Guide Magazine: You keeping up on GH since your exit?

Burton: Yeah, and I'm very excited they're doing so well. That show has brought so much positivity back to daytime. A year ago, it was all negative Nancy, right?

TV Guide Magazine: Maybe we should leave Ms. Grahn out of this. Did you sign a long-term or short-term contract with Y&R?

Burton: It's a short-term contract. We'll see how it works out. No one wants to be forced into anything.

by Anonymousreply 52301/15/2013

TV Guide Magazine: Your reception on The Talk last week was phenomenal but we gotta ask: What's it like having Sheryl Underwood leap into the air and wrap her thighs around your pelvis like a boa constrictor?

Burton: [Laughs] Thank God I've been working out! I was ready for it! That whole situation on The Talk was overwhelming. I had no idea they were going to go that big or be that enthusiastic about this Y&R thing. It was crazy — like New Year's Eve kinda crazy.

TV Guide Magazine: You do look a lot slimmer.

Burton: I had to get back on TV before I gained more weight. [Laughs] Robust isn't my best look. I'm trying to be healthy so, yeah, I'm a lot thinner now. In fact, I've had an entire makeover! My Jason hair is gone and so are the black T-shirts. We'll see how far Jill pushes me. She'll be, like, "Okay, you have two more weeks and that shirt's coming off!" The costume department is definitely wanting me younger. They dropped my clothes down a full size. [Laughs] They put me in a medium to make me look buff.

TV Guide Magazine: How was your first day on the job?

Burton: Awesome. People were so great to me. Christian LeBlanc [Michael] and Daniel Goddard [Cane] greeted me and really helped me out. So did Sharon Case [Sharon] and Joshua Morrow [Nick]. I have so many friends in that CBS building — Kristoff St. John [Neil], Doug Davidson [Paul], Don Diamont [Bill on The Bold and the Beautiful] — but I definitely had those first-day-of-school jitters because I don't know who this Dylan character is yet. I just know I don't want him to be anything like Jason. But, then, I'm even concerned about that. I don't want to go too far away from Jason because that might be pushing it. It might get weird.

TV Guide Magazine: Are we headed for a Dylan-Avery-Nick triangle? Is Dylan going to beat the crap out of Nick?

Burton: I don't know yet, but I'm definitely going to hold down Joshua Morrow and shave off that famous scruff on his chin. And if he's going to be in a triangle with me, he needs to take off those goofy sweaters!

TV Guide Magazine: Any message for the fans?

Burton: Yes, please hang in with me on this! I'm a little nervous so cut me some slack. [Laughs] Maybe put the TV on mute for my first couple of episodes and look at the new hairdo. Everything's gonna be great...I promise!

by Anonymousreply 52401/15/2013

What the fuck is up Fen's ass about Jamie?

by Anonymousreply 52501/15/2013

Fen certainly was camping it up again today. This moustache-twirling routine is getting tired, and I can't only hope the actor is self-aware enough to know that he can't pull it off and is having fun with it.

The low point of unrealistic behavior came from Jack's plotline today though. Victor's hired hand inspector gets caught and folds in a heartbeat! He just blurts out Victor's entire plan to Jack?!!? What kind of hard-boiled PI is this guy?! Victor would never be so sloppy.

Also, why is Sharon allowed back at Newman? She did destroy the company and has no right setting her foot inside the door, let alone running whatever division she's currently running.

Fail, fail, fail.

by Anonymousreply 52601/15/2013

Fen is supposed to be a high schooler but is clearly old enough to be getting reamed by Christian LeBlanc.

by Anonymousreply 52701/15/2013

I think that Christian Jules has set his sights on Steve Burton. He gets weak in the knees fot the "big lug" types.

by Anonymousreply 52801/15/2013

Liz Hendrickson is with Barbara Bloom? That mop with eyes, the one that's 20 years older than her?

by Anonymousreply 52901/15/2013

Liz Hendrickson is not and has never dated a woman. Last I heard she was having an affair with Jacob Young. Before that, she and Greg Rikaart were fuckbuddies.

by Anonymousreply 53001/15/2013

Liz also dated Jonathan Bennett and Akim Gaba from ATWT. All the magazines reported these relationships at the time. She and Bennett were especially close. He actually broke her heart because she desperately wanted to marry him, but he just wasn't ready for the whole settling down thing.

by Anonymousreply 53101/15/2013

Liz has also been linked to Victor Garber, Zachary Quinto, Matthew Rannels, Matt Bomer, and Rip Taylor so she most certainly is straight!

by Anonymousreply 53201/15/2013

r523, you left out Louis Edmonds, James Mitchell, Jonathan Frid, Terry Lester, and Wesley Eure. She's a straight-stud magnet I guess.

by Anonymousreply 53301/15/2013

Greg Rikaart is straight all right...straight to his knees and unzipping his trick's pants.

by Anonymousreply 53401/15/2013

Liz Hendrickson would disagree with you, r534.

by Anonymousreply 53501/15/2013

[quote]Last I heard she was having an affair with Jacob Young. Before that, she and Greg Rikaart were fuckbuddies.

by Anonymousreply 53601/15/2013

I think the pro-Liz Hendrickson troll is just pulling your legs, guys.

I mean, there isn't still a person alive who thinks Jacob Young is a pussyhound ... is there?

by Anonymousreply 53701/15/2013

Agree 516. MAB was the worse. Not happy with JFP either. Hopefully she won't bring on all her favs like MAB with her obsession with AMC actors. That shit doesn't work. Hopefully Sony is watching her and her hires.

by Anonymousreply 53801/15/2013

[quote] Greg Rikaart is straight all right...straight to his knees and unzipping his trick's pants.

Send him to me. I'd slap that pretty face of his with my cock.

by Anonymousreply 53901/15/2013

Lord, I hope you're joking. You can't be that delusional.

by Anonymousreply 54001/15/2013

Look, GR is GAY. No doubt about it. I'd give him a go in a heartbeat. But cute little EH is not a lesbo. No way she'd lick cunt. No fucking way. Not my Liz.

by Anonymousreply 54101/15/2013

FOJ, Kale Browne seen on Y&R set!

by Anonymousreply 54201/16/2013

R542 details please!

by Anonymousreply 54301/16/2013

Rumor is Kale will be taking over the role of Tucker McCall...

by Anonymousreply 54401/16/2013

by Anonymousreply 54501/16/2013

Imagine if Bob Guza wrote Y&R? They already have the same character types lined up: Phyllis = Carly Nick = Sonny Adam = Jason Sharon = Elizabeth. Victor and Nikki = Luke and Laura.

by Anonymousreply 54601/16/2013

Supposedly she wanted Kale to play Jeff Webber when she was GH, but Guza refused to bring the character back. Supposedly they had a big arguement over this.

by Anonymousreply 54701/16/2013

He will never be able to replace the sexy Stephen Nichols

by Anonymousreply 54801/16/2013

When will Linda Dano be joining the cast?

by Anonymousreply 54901/16/2013

by Anonymousreply 55001/16/2013

The role of Jill Abbott Fenmore is now being played by Miss Linda Dano.

by Anonymousreply 55101/16/2013

R549 They can't afford the shoulder pad budget.

by Anonymousreply 55201/16/2013

JFP has already made several cast additions. She needs to knock it off or Sony will cut her like they did MAB. She did the same kinda shit.

by Anonymousreply 55301/16/2013

yeah, r553, but she cut salary hogs like Debbi Morgan, Darnell Williams, Genie Francis, and Stephen Nichols to make room in the budget. Other hogs like Jess Walton and Eileen Davidson left shortly before she arrived. Plus these newbies she's hiring cost next to nothing.

by Anonymousreply 55401/16/2013

Jess Walton left the show????

by Anonymousreply 55501/16/2013

R555 She's recurring now, apparently.

by Anonymousreply 55601/16/2013

R554: It's just not Y&R without my beauty.

by Anonymousreply 55701/16/2013

Linda Dano was already on Y&R, in some bizarrely realized Emmy montage:

by Anonymousreply 55801/16/2013

Maybe if they've squeezed Jess Walton out, Brenda Dickson, the CRAZIEST BITCH IN THE WORLD, can come back and *hairtoss* reclaim her rightful place as Jill Fister Hobag!

by Anonymousreply 55901/16/2013

KB is not looking very good in that pic.

by Anonymousreply 56001/16/2013

He looks sickly in that pic. He's so pale he looks like he needs 2 pints of blood.

by Anonymousreply 56101/17/2013

Can they drop the Fin storyline? I really dislike him.

by Anonymousreply 56201/17/2013

I wonder how big Michelle Stafford's cock is....

by Anonymousreply 56301/17/2013

Maybe they killed off Fen today? We can only hope both he and Jaime fell over the side of that building!

And Jack kicked his addiction already? Damn! That was quick.

by Anonymousreply 56401/17/2013

I've been watching this show since I was born and I've never been so bored by it.

by Anonymousreply 56501/18/2013

I stopped watching during the early MAB years. It was so boring, I don't remember what was going on at the time, plotwise. Probably Adam flip-flopping on his blindness.

Is it not better yet in any perceptible way? I liked at least some of what JFP did with AW.

Is Fen gay?

by Anonymousreply 56601/18/2013

Fen's seemingly hung up on homely Summer Newman, though he acts as gay as a picnic. I watch and don't love it, but still find myself enjoying it more than GH right now. I can't explain it.

by Anonymousreply 56701/18/2013

For all its faults, Y&R is still grounded in a sort of reality. GH is in a campy fan fiction twilight zone all its own. I think the only way to describe GH at the moment is deliciously awful. The plots make zero sense and the dialogue is horrendous. It's just all so wretched, but you can't look away. On the plus side, at least it's not boring camp like Days.

by Anonymousreply 56801/18/2013

I think Y&R fucking sucks right now. So boring, no ties to any kind of history. Where the fuck, for example, are Jill and Katherine? Cane used to have huge ties to those two and I can't remember the last time they even spoke. There's no continuity. Just, "here look at this shiny new thing!" [insert new character/storyline/set]. A month later, it's revisited and nothing has happened or it's just dropped altogether. The only thing that's actually made me perk up with the slightest modicum of interest in probably over a year is the chemistry between Marco Dapper (Carmine) and Tracy E. Bregman (Lauren). The show would be remiss if they didn't pursue some sort of cougar thing there because they definitely passed the chem-test.

I'm also quite distracted by Leslie's brother Tyler who is—this sounds weird, but —the black version of a white guy that I was with for several years and still have not gotten over. They have the exact same face!

Summer's sick and in bed for a week? Is the actress on vacation or something? Fen has gone from sweet to 100% evil at warp speed and I find it really unappealing. Does he want to fuck Jamie, is that what this is about? So confusing and so boring.

Days of Our Lives is so much more watchable at the moment (thanks, in part, to Eileen Davidson's dynamite work as Kristen DiMera. Y&R execs are idiots for letting her go.)

by Anonymousreply 56901/18/2013

Once of JFP first moves was to drop Jess Walton to recurring status.

It frees up money so she can hire more FOJ

by Anonymousreply 57001/18/2013

I've liked some of J's Fs. I hope Kevin McClatchy will be on, and Tim Gibbs. Gonna watch for Kale Browne today (Michael Hudson's was the best soap funeral ever, pallbearers marching through snow to the NYC Gay Men's Chorus version of "No One Is Alone").

by Anonymousreply 57101/18/2013

Did Kimberlin hate Hunter more than Sheila hated Lauren?

by Anonymousreply 57201/18/2013

[quote] Gonna watch for Kale Browne today

Uh, if he was at the studio just this week to tape, it will be March or April before it shows on air. You know shows tape ahead, right?

by Anonymousreply 57301/18/2013

When does Robin Christopher begin taping?

by Anonymousreply 57401/18/2013

Thanks, R573. No, I didn't know. I tend to speed read my way through most stuff about TV shows I watch, or might watch, by way of avoiding spoilers. So I thought Kale's name was there because he's on the show already.

by Anonymousreply 57501/18/2013

Y&R tapes 3 weeks ahead.

by Anonymousreply 57601/18/2013

Let's be truly honest here. YR has sucked ever since Bill Bell died. No other writer or EP has gotten the pacing and balance right. YR was a unique show in that it held on to old school soap techniques. When Bell died, the show died too. The only reason it remains #1 is habit and timeslot.

by Anonymousreply 57701/18/2013

It's actually four weeks now. Jill just instituted it as a cost-cutting measure. So by my calculations, I should be showing up on your screens the third week in February.

by Anonymousreply 57801/18/2013

If only you were truthin' us, R578.

by Anonymousreply 57901/18/2013

Honey, if they couldn't even make the fab Maura West come to life, Jensen would drown in a river of blandness on that set!

by Anonymousreply 58001/18/2013

R580, Maura West was so un-fab, I called Carly "Maura Worst." She was allowed to ruin, destroy, and eviscerate ATWT for a decade. And then she got to go home to Andy Dixon at night.

Life just is not fair.

by Anonymousreply 58101/18/2013

R581 I liked Maura, but the swallowing of ATWT whole by "CarJack" was boring. Much prefer the earlier years, when her cousin Molly was around.

And I never understood why Andy was never brought back for anything, not even for Helen Wagner's funeral.

by Anonymousreply 58201/18/2013

I hate that Fen has been turned into a cartoonish villain overnight, but his dad and uncle were a hell of a lot worse in their younger years. I almost laughed when Michael asked a rhetorical question along the lines of "How can a young man be filled with so much hate?" Um, Michael tried to rape Cricket and kill Paul, while Kevin gave Lilly an STD when she was underaged and tried to kill Colleen (while burning down Gina's). Fen bullying some homeless kid is literally child's play considering the shit his other relatives have pulled.

by Anonymousreply 58301/18/2013

R582, Scott DeFreitas wouldn't fuck me, so no Andy Dixon.

by Anonymousreply 58401/18/2013

This exclusive report from Roger Friedman at says the following: “I talked to Robert S. Woods today, the great actor who plays Bo Buchanan. He told me he’s met with the Prospect-ors, and they’ve made a deal for Woods to join the new show. Sources also say that Erika Slezak, the nominal “star” of “OLTL” has made her deal, along with Jerry verDorn (Clint Buchanan). It does seem like Prospect Park is going to make a ‘go’ of this. Woods says he thinks they’ll be back to work by mid February.”

Now we are waiting on official word from the actors themselves, or from Prospect Park! If this holds true, the prayers have been answered for many One Life fans who were hoping that the revival of One Life would include the biggest series longtime stars … Slezak and Woods.

by Anonymousreply 58501/19/2013

Fen is awful. I've always disliked Kevin too.

by Anonymousreply 58601/19/2013

R586, I've always liked Kevin. I hadn't watched Y&R in years when I had the TV turned on one day around 1:00, and there was this cute boy in an orange jumpsuit getting the living shit kicked out of him in a jail cell.

Well, I had to watch 'til the end of the episode, and I was hooked. This poor guy. Why are they trying to kill him?

So, I've always had this skewed perception of Kevin, in which, since I've never seen him be anything but a victim, he's always seemed like a very sympathetic character.

But even he was unable to keep my interest up during the MAB years.

by Anonymousreply 58701/19/2013

Truth about Bill Bell. Everything positive about Y&R died with him. His son sucks, just look at the mess that is Bold and Beautiful with its one storyline.

by Anonymousreply 58801/19/2013

R588, B&B sucked long before Bill Bell died.

by Anonymousreply 58901/19/2013

They should write Fen off the show.

by Anonymousreply 59001/19/2013

They should have Michael shoot Fen. It will be very powerful to watch a father deal with the pain of having killed his own son. Havnt seen a sl like that! Ever! I bet Cristian Leblanc could win another Emmy with fodder like that.

by Anonymousreply 59101/19/2013

r570 Jess Walton left the show while MAB was in charge. JFP got her to come back.

Even though Jess had said the was moving to Oregon to help with the arrival of her grandson, she was gone from the show. The show has written her out.

One of the first thing's JFP did was persuade Jess to come back on a recurring basis.

by Anonymousreply 59201/19/2013

It doesn't even matter anymore, because quite frankly all the tension is gone from the Kay/Jill relationship.

I think TPTB are trying to dial down Katherine's importance on the show, so if Jeanne Cooper gets ill they don't have to change as much.

by Anonymousreply 59301/19/2013

It couldn't have surprised anyone when Jess Walton left. Her only purpose was to be serve as a foil for that buffoon Billy Miller's Emmy bait scenes.

by Anonymousreply 59401/19/2013

they almost never have scenes together!

by Anonymousreply 59501/19/2013

R592, Jess was scheduled to come back in the fall; she took a six month break.

We don't know if that would have still happened if MAB had stayed.

So far I haven't seen Jill do a lot.

We'll know more by the show's 40th anniversary how the show is doing.

Ratings were okay last week, but I'm not seeing much improvement.

A difference, yes, but not improvement.

by Anonymousreply 59601/19/2013

r596 Yes, that 6-month break is the story they concocted for the fans and press. Jess agreed to go along with it. If you paid close attention, the break started in April just as it was time for Jess to renew her contract.

MAB likely would have eventually brought Jill back to town, but on recurring rather than on contract.

While I'm glad JFP brought Jill back to town, so far she really hasn't had anything to do.

by Anonymousreply 59701/19/2013

Jess almost left the year before, and it's all about salary.

She does want to spend more time with her grandchild, but I'd be willing to bet Jess is making 30-40% of what she made on contract.

They made a deal with the devil to re-sign Eric Braeden. Everyone else at that show has had to suffer.

by Anonymousreply 59801/19/2013

Why is Victoria still with Billy?

by Anonymousreply 59901/19/2013

by Anonymousreply 60001/19/2013

Remember when they tried to push Jess out in 2009? They wanted her to take a 40% paycut and a lower guarantee, all the while Maria Bell was hiring D-list celebs and AMC rejects.

by Anonymousreply 60101/19/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!