Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Republican on this board: own up.

Tell us why you're voting for Romney/Ryan.

Please be honest -with one condition— you CAN'T say it because of anything regarding Obama.

I want to read ONE thing that Romney or Ryan has done or, you think, WILL do that makes you want to vote for him/them. It has to be a policy issue. Please explain why this affects your decision and how it affects your life.

Bonus if you tell us whether your gay and male or female.

(I'm betting this thread gets nothing but ****crickets*** ).

by Anonymousreply 22311/29/2012

Sorry the headline should read "Republicans", assuming there is more than one, of course.

by Anonymousreply 110/15/2012

I didn't know crickets could vote. This is Democratic voter fraud!

by Anonymousreply 210/15/2012

I don't think you'll get many people to respond to this thread.

I'm a gay male. I'm a registered Republican, but only so I can vote in the Republican primary and keep an eye on their propaganda.

In 2008, I voted for John McCain in the primary, and Barack Obama in the general election.

I've never given the GOP any of my money, or attended one of their events.

So far this year, I've twice contributed to the Obama campaign -- once after he came out in favor of gay marriage, and the second time right at the end of September to help push his contribution numbers up.

I'm voting for Obama because I like him and I think he is good for America.

I do believe that in the next 5-10 years we will see dramatic changes in the two party system. What we have right now is not sustainable.

by Anonymousreply 410/15/2012

A further note for r3: only posters who can read need respond.

by Anonymousreply 510/15/2012

So you're going to vote for Romney, the actual architect of the health care plan.

by Anonymousreply 610/15/2012

r1- Your answer is quite vaque and isn't really a Pro-Romney statement at all. (Please re-read condition no 1.)

But side stepping this- Do you realize the Romney practically invented the healthcare law? Does it bother you that it was based on HIS own Plan?

by Anonymousreply 710/15/2012

[quote]I'm a gay male and I'm voting for Romney mainly because of Obamacare.

OP's request:

[quote]Please be honest -with one condition— you CAN'T say it because of anything regarding Obama.

Thank you, R3, for demonstrating yet again that Republicans have difficulty understanding even the most basic concepts. It explains so much.

Also, of course, thank you for demonstrating that you are voting Republican for purely selfish motives. I think we all know that's what lays at the core of all Republicans, but of course their lack of understanding of even the most basic concepts (see above) means that they can't understand how voting Repug for such short-term, short-sighted, one issue reasons will mean they will actually end up worse off over all. (Unless they are part of the 1%, which I am assuming you are not, R3.)

by Anonymousreply 810/15/2012

[quote] I work for a large corporation and our HR VP was telling me all of the changes in our benefits because of Obamacare and I was shocked.

Is this a troll post? It hits two DL bone of contentions, Human Resources and politics.

If you're not a troll post, I encourage you to respect yourself by thinking for yourself and researching the facts for yourself. There have been 2 threads about CEOs blackmailing their employees into voting for Romney. Remember-HR is there to protect the company, not you.

Seriously, if you want to vote for Romney, after you've done your research, and nothing Obama has done or will do nothing that appeals to you or Obama will harm your well-being personally, then I personally respect you for voting your convictions.

But it's a lot to ask of Republicans now, thinking.

by Anonymousreply 910/15/2012

by Anonymousreply 1110/15/2012

by Anonymousreply 1210/15/2012

R 9.

The Republicans made the DEFEAT of Gay Marriage a part of their official 2012 Platform.

I don't recall the Democrats having any platform saying, "defeat small business". In fact one could argue that much of what their putting in place helps small businesses.

Can you give us more details on how Romney will help your small business?

by Anonymousreply 1310/15/2012

r10, you consider being gay a "lifestyle?" That says a lot, right there.

by Anonymousreply 1410/15/2012

The whole 'bad for small business' meme is GOP-created and bunk.

by Anonymousreply 1510/15/2012

[quote]The economic environment created under Obama is crushing the creation of new small and medium sized companies. That has ramifications on everyone

Obama didn't create this environment, it was here in 2008 when he was elected. Since he was elected Jobs have gone up. The deficit has been reduced, Things, overall have gotten better considering the crap sandwich he was handed.

You're also not acknowledging the role the Republican Senate has had in blocking his every move. But Again. Condition no. 1- please tell us how ROMNEY is going to help you.

by Anonymousreply 1610/15/2012

Still waiting for r3 to respond to r7 and r9.

by Anonymousreply 1710/15/2012

These stories don't even seem real, just drive by talking points. What exactly has Obama done that is hurting your business and what specifically is Romney proposing that will somehow make it better for you?

by Anonymousreply 1810/15/2012

I think R4 is real but I'm suspicious of R3 and I think R10 is a troll because of the use of 'lifestyle'. But R10 is much more literate than the trolls we usually get so maybe it's a real post but it reads like it came from a template.

by Anonymousreply 1910/15/2012

I know you're being requested not to pile on to Obama, R10, but I'd really like to know the SPECIFICS of how the Obama administration is "attacking your success." Just start with a couple of examples.

by Anonymousreply 2010/15/2012

I wish I could see some specifics here.

Ignoring the fact that Obamacare was based on Romneycare, I'd like specifics. I'm very acquainted with Human Resources and I'd like to know what specific expenses are going to rise. Now, I can tell you that our benefits costs have been rising my more than 10% annually for about the last ten years here and hence so have premiums. That has had NOTHING to do with Obamacare and pre-dated Obamacare. So I'd like to hear some specifics about how Obamacare is raising premiums. Our company also created a tier system a few years back where those who make more pay more. That too had nothing to do with Obamacare but the company did it to minimize the impact of health care costs on those who earned less.

I'd also like to understand how your senior parents will pay more.

Finally, small business person earning $260 million. Congrats on being in at least the top 3% of earnings of small businesses. So besides restoring your tax rates to what they were in the 90s when business were successful, what other attacks have their been on your business?

I'll wait here.

by Anonymousreply 2110/15/2012

This thread has the potential to be fascinating...or dull as dishwater.

And I agree with r12-Repug shills are so transparent.

by Anonymousreply 2210/15/2012

[quote]The one attacking my success also has a much better chance of success than does the one attacking my lifestyle.

Yeah, get back to us on this after Romney appoints two or three Supreme Court justices.

by Anonymousreply 2310/15/2012

Lifestyle is a nice catch by the way.

by Anonymousreply 2410/15/2012

Obviously talking points if the posters can't even cite specific examples.

How to promote your candidate using a specific example:

My partner had a mountain load of Student debt. She is working full time and wants to pay her bills but the interest and rates of tuition skyrocketed while she was in school. She was going to have to file for bankruptcy. The income based student loan repayment program that Obama put in place, (IBR) helps her to pay it off. On top of that, Direct Loans created a program where her loans will be forgiven in 10 years- because she works for a public service job.

These kind of programs win in more than one way. 1) Since the students don't have to file for bankruptcy- the school gets most of it's money back. 2) Since the student is encourage to stay in public service job for at least 10 years- the local community gets reliable long term employees and employment is more stable.

That, my friends, is a specific example of a program that Obama supported and why I would vote for him and the Democrats again. Now you try.

by Anonymousreply 2510/15/2012

Study it OUT!!!

by Anonymousreply 2610/15/2012

Thank you, R10,for a measured and sensible response (hopefully meeting OP's criteria?) I think, much as I personally want Obama to be elected, there is good and bad with each of them, and has been the case with other elections: the "correct answer" ought to be "C" - neiher of the above (candidates)

by Anonymousreply 2710/15/2012

r27, r10 just listed bullet points that have been repeated in Romney campaign commercials ad nauseum. We're looking for facts, not that Obama will hurt Americans, but HOW and WHY Obama will hurt Americans. Reasons, facts, you know, those pesky things the rightwing sidesteps around.

by Anonymousreply 2810/15/2012

Wow I fully agree with r22 if the Republicans can produce some facts about why they are in favor of the Republican platform and how it helps them that would be great I'd love to hear it.

by Anonymousreply 2910/15/2012

r27, r10 Didn't answer the question: "Why are you supporting Romney" And you're not answering the question either.

You are, however, employing the classic last ditch talking point, "(I can't tell why you want to vote Romney so) just don't vote Obama and/ or vote for nothing at all."

Again [bold]Why [/bold]are you supporting Romney?

by Anonymousreply 3010/15/2012

r10 how about this:

Can you show me where Romney has come out support equal rights for GLBT people and Gay marriage?

Please just cite one example.

by Anonymousreply 3110/15/2012

There are many reasons...

Economy: I have no soul therefore money is the only thing that matters to me. I'm not part of the 1% but I am delusional and know it's only a matter of time and once I'm part of the 1%, I think I should get as many tax breaks as I can. Yes the 1% cause the mess we're in but why would I want to punish a group I plan on becoming a part of? Duh!

Gay rights: I hate myself and anyone that reminds me of my sexuality. Most gays out there don't even want to be my friends much less date me, so if I can't get a happy ending, screw theirs! Plus, once I'm part of the 1%, it won't matter if I have rights because those rules don't apply for the super wealthy like I'll be one day.

Colored people: My cute and adorable BLONDE niece Madison couldn't get into the college of her choice. We went for a visit and noticed tons of colored kids around campus. Surely that's the reason she didn't get in. Sure she could've gotten higher grades and SATS scores, but how was she expected to concentrate on her studies when her school allowed all types of colored people to be taught in the same classes. She tried studying but their ghettoness kept disrupting her.

Global warming: I don't believe in handouts, and environmentalists all over the world keep asking the 1% to give Earth a handout. If the Earth is polluted, then the Earth needs to clean itself up. When my house gets dirty, I don't ask the government to clean it up for me!

Welfare: If you look at facts, the biggest welfare states are all DEMOCRATIC. FACT!!!! The states actually contributing to the economies of this country are all REPUBLICAN. FACT!!!

Religion: Science proves that there is a GOD, and that GOD hates gays, blacks, women and muslims!

by Anonymousreply 3210/15/2012

[quote]And I want someone who will be strong to the world.

"strong to the world" .... um to what end?

And by "higher taxes" what do you mean?

by Anonymousreply 3510/15/2012

r34- Reading is not your strong point. [bold] Why are you voting for Romney?[/bold]

For fucks' sake people! How many times do I have to repeat the question? A third grader can follow directions better than this group.

by Anonymousreply 3610/15/2012

Third graders can't vote. Wait, maybe they can, now?

by Anonymousreply 3710/15/2012

Any specifics other than "that's my tribe," R34?

Any specifics on the "higher taxes that will happen," R33? And you do realise that the U.S.'s relationship with the rest of the world has been better under Obama than it's been for many years? Or is it that you don't want a good relationship with the rest of the world, you just want the rest of the world to be scared of the U.S.?

by Anonymousreply 3810/15/2012

Well, the average third grader *is* smarter than the average Republican, OP at R36.

by Anonymousreply 3910/15/2012

i adore r21 and no one has been able to answer him/her yet.

by Anonymousreply 4010/15/2012

r33. And others who think Romney's tax ideas are going to help them: Please read this article.

[quote][bold]For months, Mitt Romney had been advocating tax cut proposals that would reduce revenues by about $5 trillion over the next decade, and that were heavily tilted toward the rich. Yet he did not explain how he would pay for these cuts, just that he somehow would. [/bold]

[quote][It]would cut taxes for households with income above $200,000, and—as a result of revenue-neutrality—would therefore necessarily have to raise taxes on taxpayers below $200,000.

How does that help any business person if their employees and their customers are all paying more to the Feds?

The short of the article (Because some of these posters obviously have reading problems): His plan doesn't add up. He CAN'T do it. These tax cuts do nothing to help the economy or the deficit. And it won't help your business either.

by Anonymousreply 4110/15/2012

Thank you r21.

I highly doubt that any of the "small business owners" posting here are earn $260 million.

by Anonymousreply 4310/15/2012

[quote]I'll start. I'm a gay male and I'm voting for Romney mainly because of Obamacare. It is affecting me financially. I work for a large corporation and our HR VP was telling me all of the changes in our benefits because of Obamacare and I was shocked. I'm paying more because of it - and I don't like it. I also found out it is costing my senior parents more money as well. None of my doctor friends or friends in helthcare like it either. It has to go!

Why didn't you do research yourself?

by Anonymousreply 4410/15/2012

[italic]Obviously talking points if the posters can't even cite specific examples.[/italic]

My sentiments exactly.

by Anonymousreply 4510/15/2012

Some are saying they're voting for Romney, but are they also Republican? Sounds like people are voting for Romney due to self-interests.

by Anonymousreply 4610/15/2012

[quote]I'm Jewish. Obama gets an F on anything I really care about. The latest poll has BO-40% on American Jews, 44%-MR. That's my tribe and there are plenty of R-Jews out there. His support plummeted from 80% to 40%. We don't trust him and won't be voting for him except for the 40% that will. Almost every single Jewish person I know is voting for MR.

and if this is all due to not supporting Israel's constant bs, then you should move there, since you don't pledge allegiance to your homeland, which is the United States. Obama works for the US, not Israel.

Doubt your made-up poll is accurate anyway.

by Anonymousreply 4710/15/2012

They are all talking points so far. Second small business owner - please show me what taxes will be raised on you. Your taxes unless you make more than $250K have been lowered and the odds are that you fall into that bracket as a small business owner. Seriously are there real people with facts?

It's no wonder that we had two terms of Bush.

by Anonymousreply 4810/15/2012

[quote] President will make me file for bankruptcy, putting 10 people out of work.

You should ask for his autograph when he personally turns up to MAKE you file for bankruptcy.

Honestly, maybe some small businesses should fail.

by Anonymousreply 4910/15/2012

R33 is a terrible troll. The employer mandate does not apply to companies with 10 employees.

Die in a painful way, you sick and boring fuck.

by Anonymousreply 5010/15/2012

Due to Obamacare, Insurance Companies have to pay back any surplus that isn't used towards actual medical expenses. My mother got a CHECK in the MAIL. A refund of unused expense from her insurance company. She is now paying LESS and what she overpays- they have to give back to her. Obamacare made that happen.

Obamacare helps seniors and it keeps insurance companies from ripping off your parents.

by Anonymousreply 5110/15/2012

Alright so its quite clear of the Democratic bias on here, so I'm gonna bring up a few bad points about Obama, just to keep things fair. I would be voting for Obama, and I like him way more then Romney, so this is written in the hope its objective.

First of all, he constantly bows to right wing pressure. Rarely does he stand up to the GOP, and most things they ask for, he just gives them. That's why he lost the house in the 2010 elections, and coming off Bush too. That's embarrassing. I know he wants to seem Bi-partisan, and say 'We aren't as divided as our politics suggest', but every single time he gives in to the slightest pressure. When he gave those tax cuts to the wealthy, 67% of Americans were against it, and 77% said they would rather pay down the deficit.

Second, he is running the same campaign as 2008, and everyone is buying it again. There's a reason his approval dropped to 41% in March. He runs on these positions: Mitt Romney is bad, I can bring change to America. He acts as if he wasn't President for the last 4 years. He doesn't defend what he has done at all. He is an incumbent, running as a challenger.

Lastly, while I agree Romney would be far worse, i don't think having Obama is much better off. Romney wants to give tax cuts, Obama wants to appease the GOP, so he will give the tax cuts if he is re-elected. So in voting for either major party, you're getting the same thing. A conservative President.

by Anonymousreply 5210/15/2012

[quote]I'm Jewish.

Okay, and that has what to do with Obama or Romney?

by Anonymousreply 5310/15/2012

Not even close to the "same" r52, in future SCOTUS appointments alone there is a HUGE difference.

by Anonymousreply 5410/15/2012

You're missing the point of this thread. Maybe you should start your own?

by Anonymousreply 5510/15/2012

We literally are at a point where it has come down to the haves and have nots.

In its latest estimate last month, Congress’s nonpartisan Joint Committee on Taxation found that in 2013, just 3.5 percent of small business tax filers would pay a higher rate — about 940,000 individuals, many of whom are lawyers and doctors in partnerships. But those few percent account for 53 percent of all small business income.

3.5% of "small" business owner. SO Kim Khardashian and Paris Hilton will be affected.

This is scare tactics plain and simple. "there are no jobs" unemployment is below 7.5%

"you are lying it is really 11%" "Obama will tax small business to death"

it only affects 3.5% of "small" business and they account for 53% of revenue aka they make a shit ton of money.

"Paris will not be able to afford good coke"

What else you got?

"Obama was not born here"

this again?

"I need a new platinum back scratcher and if I am taxed I won't be able to get one so to get one I will have to lay off 100 workers"

Ah now I see.

by Anonymousreply 5610/15/2012

"I'm Jewish."

If you think for one fucking minute one single cent of American money should be spent or one drop of American blood should be dropped because Israel has a hard on for Iran, you and the rest of your "tribe" can get fucked royally.

When Israel has the balls to stop the religious exemption of ultra-orthodox Jews from serving in the military, then I might consider getting involved in Israeli conflicts. Until then, you're on your own and I hope Obama tells them the same thing.

by Anonymousreply 5710/15/2012

R52, you are right about "negative" points about Obama. But the point of this thread is for Romney/Ryan voters to provide "positive" points of why they are voting for them and what Romney would do.

I agree that Obama has not successfully touted what he has done sufficiently. But I can list you a dozen reasons quickly why I am voting FOR Obama. I haven't heard a single reason other than talking points of why someone is voting for Romney/Ryan. The $260M earner made some efforts because I would agree that he will fare better tax-wise under Romney/Ryan than Obama/Biden. But the truth of his email is in doubt plus his obvious use of the word "lifestyle".

by Anonymousreply 5810/15/2012

$$$ trolls are trolling this board (and all others) for sure.

by Anonymousreply 5910/15/2012

Every able-bodied Jewish American citizen aged 18-35 should volunteer for the armed forces if we go to war with Iran.

I won't hold my breath.

by Anonymousreply 6010/15/2012

R34 is a troll eager to get the Jew-bashing going, when will you smart people stop falling for that?

by Anonymousreply 6110/15/2012

And they're failing miserable r59.

I was hoping to get one actual, everyday, Romney voters to speak up and engage in a real dialogue here.

The only ones I know in my real life are racist fucks who think Obama is from Kenya. They know nothing about actual issues or how Romney is going to do ANYTHING to help the economy or their own businesses.

by Anonymousreply 6210/15/2012

Like Bill Maher always says,"Repugs live in a bubble and nothing gets through"

by Anonymousreply 6310/15/2012

I disagree with R52.

If Obama is re-elected, he ain't gonna be appeasin' anybody!

If he gets a second term, he can't run for a third one, and I think he will be much more progressive.

Mitch McConnell will hang it up and hopefully by 2014 the tea partiers will be run our of congress or the Republican party will have imploded.

by Anonymousreply 6410/15/2012

If R10 were really a small business owner his post would be more anecdotal and specific. Unless he's completely out of touch with his business and just thinks his failings as a business owner are Obama's fault. But I work with small business owners and they're usually plugged into the specifics of their business.

R10 could be one of these GOP dumbfucks who's been convinced by Rush that Obama wants him to fail and prefers that narrative to his own lack of ability.

by Anonymousreply 6510/15/2012

Fewer than 3 percent of American farmers and small businesses pay the top marginal income tax rate, leaving a whole lot of farmers and small businesses without "help."

I'm still waiting to hear exactly how Romney is going to help small business.

He was the CEO of a huge company that bought out smaller companies, exported them, sold them off and/or crashed them for profit. He also invested in Chinese Corporations in direct competition to U.S. businesses.

A small business person "relating" to Romney is like a guppy relating to a shark because they both breath under water.

by Anonymousreply 6610/15/2012

Because my pussy stinks

by Anonymousreply 6710/15/2012

No answers from the 'small business' poster.

by Anonymousreply 6810/15/2012

I'll give you a reason. My family ran a small business. Hiring is a lot easier in a Republican administration. That's because there are more unemployed out there to hire, and you have a better choice. That's why Republicans like high unemployment. ANd of course, there are less pesky regulations to take up your time and energy. That's why my father used to voted republican. Not as much red tape. But even my father started voting Democratic by the GW Bush administration. And I wouldn't vote for a Repub if my life depended on it...

by Anonymousreply 6910/15/2012

**** crickets ****

We have yet to hear one solid reason.

Republicans, you should be embarrassed.

by Anonymousreply 7010/15/2012

Presidents always put forth their true agenda in their second term. They don't have to worry about running again. They can't. First term is all about getting reelected, and to not do anything that may fuck up those chances. Obama did a lot that rocked the boat, not to mention that he came out in support of gay marriage right in the midst of his reelection campaign.

It's amazing how by just doing that, the issue of gay marriage is off the table. The Right can't run on it at the national level. It was a strategic move, something Dems need to follow in the future.

by Anonymousreply 7110/15/2012

[quote]Every able-bodied Jewish American citizen aged 18-35 should volunteer for the armed forces if we go to war with Iran.

So should every American Republican, since they love war so much.

Romney never served. He dodged the draft.

by Anonymousreply 7210/15/2012

Good luck my breathren, I'm been trying to get an answer for months.

by Anonymousreply 7310/15/2012

Good point r71.

by Anonymousreply 7410/15/2012

remember right after he came out with a solid "I am in favor of gay marriage" how many people wrung their hands and claimed that would be the end of his reelection chances?

well, um, not so much a factor.

by Anonymousreply 7510/15/2012

[quote]The economic environment created under Obama is crushing the creation of new small and medium sized companies.

Doubling the stock market, and two consecutive years of record corporate profits simply do not fit your observation. If you can't succeed in an environment of historically low taxes on businesses, maybe you just have a bad business model.

I'd love to hear your specifics. I doubt they're anything but right wing gibberish.

by Anonymousreply 7610/15/2012

"Think it out!"

by Anonymousreply 7710/15/2012

What do you mean r77?

by Anonymousreply 7810/15/2012

R32 nails it.

by Anonymousreply 7910/15/2012

You'll be interested to know that the recent FACT CHECK series, "Wak the FUCK up" video and the recent Rosie Perez video lambasting Romney for belitting Lation voters were all funded in part by JCER

JCER and American Bridge team up to release video series fact-checking the Romney campaign and starring Rosie Perez, W. Kamau Bell, and other comedians and entertainers

NEW YORK ­– Following up on the success of their “Wake the F*** Up” video with Samuel L. Jackson, [bold]the Jewish Council for Education and Research (JCER),[/bold] in partnership with American Bridge 21st Century, announced today a new video series, “Actually….” Written by and starring well known comedians and entertainers, the online video series will give Americans a funny, accessible–and truthful–take on Mitt Romney’s most outrageous lies and most out-of-touch statements. A preview of the series is online today at and the first video will premier soon, starring Rosie Perez and her take on Romney’s claim that he’d have a better chance at getting elected if he was Latino. Other videos will feature Sarah Silverman & Lizz Winstead, W. Kamau Bell, Elon James White, and Jay Smooth, and will tackle Romney statements on the environment, Medicaid, and other topics. The collaboration presents an opportunity to combine the candidate tracking and opposition research expertise of American Bridge with JCER’s successful record in leveraging both humor and celebrity star power to create appeals to voters grounded in the truths missing from Romney’s candidacy.

[bold]“The Hebrew word emet means not only to be factual in our statements, it means we should avoid deceit and trickery,” said JCER co-founder Mik Moore. “By this measure, Mitt Romney’s campaign is failing badly. We knew there were many distortions that needed correcting, and we knew there were many talented artists in the entertainment community who wanted to help set the record straight.”[/bold]

“We know that opposition tracking footage and research-based fact checks aren’t the sexiest things out there, so we embrace this opportunity to break through the clutter and find a way to get information directly to voters who may not have otherwise seen it,” said Rodell Mollineau, president of American Bridge 21st Century. “With the ‘Actually…’ videos, voters will realize that Mitt’s lies would be funny if they didn’t pose such serious consequences for our country moving forward.”

Videos will be posted every few days at, and will include a call to action for viewers to share them with friends and family members seeking reliable information about the Republican ticket. The Jewish Council for Education and Research is a federal Super PAC committed to vigorous engagement in civic life. By embracing social media and crowdsourcing, it has proven effective at getting attention in today’s saturated media market. The PAC’s two most recent videos, “Let My People Vote” starring Sarah Silverman and “Wake the F*** Up” starring Samuel L. Jackson, have reached a combined 6.6 million people in just weeks. JCER also created the 2008 video “The Great Schlep” with Sarah Silverman, which is widely credited with boosting Obama’s electoral results in Florida.

American Bridge 21st Century is a progressive organization committed to holding Republicans accountable for their words and actions through the use of opposition research, candidate tracking, and earned media communications.

by Anonymousreply 8010/15/2012

It really is amazing how difficult it is to find anyone willing who knows, and can defend Romney's policies. Nobody on this board, in any of the political threads, has ever done so, as far as I know, and I read all of the political threads. It's more of the same old tired bullshit about Obama.

by Anonymousreply 8110/15/2012

tonight should be fascinating

by Anonymousreply 8210/16/2012

Let's try again:

Phase two. C'mon people. WHY are you voting for Romney?

by Anonymousreply 8310/16/2012

R3 is an ignorant sack of shit. And to think he would vote for a monster who hates workers...because of a few dollars? What a pig. Your corporation made changes and made Obama their scapegoat...ignorant slug.

by Anonymousreply 8410/16/2012

by Anonymousreply 8510/16/2012

STILL no cogent answers on why ANYONE would vote for Romney....

by Anonymousreply 8610/16/2012

He's been revealed as a troll, so don't expect any serious responses.

by Anonymousreply 8710/16/2012

[quote] No one on his senior team or even close to his senior team has ever worked in a small business (or any business as far as I can see outside of banking).

And ROMNEY has??? You think he gives a shit about small business?

by Anonymousreply 8910/16/2012

(r88 is not r10. At least not the same IP. )

by Anonymousreply 9010/16/2012

r88.. can you tell me How Mitt Romney tax plan will benefit your business?

by Anonymousreply 9110/16/2012

[quote]I would like to see an overhaul of the tax system - something similar to Romney's proposal with lower rates offset by fewer deductions and revenue neutral overall.

This comment renders the rest of your discussion about Obama moot, in that such a change would a) do nothing to deal with the deficit, b) do nothing to deal with Medicare funding, and c) is impossible, since you cannot make such changes revenue neutral, which is why Romney will not, and can not, provide any details about his tax proposals.

The bottom line, of course, is that taxes will have to increase, since taxes are at historically low levels. The biggest difference between the candidates is not whether they will raise taxes, it's whose taxes they will raise. Romney will put that burden on the lower and middle classes; Obama on the upper.

[quote]Also, Obama wants to reduce corporate tax rates while increasing the individual tax rates (which impact small businesses). The tax rates of corporations will be at least 15 points lower than my tax rates. How is that fair?

Obama has proposed lowering the corporate tax rate to 28%. That is not "15 points lower" than your tax rates, and it's higher than the rate that Romney has proposed. Further, Obama has proposed making that cut revenue neutral.

[quote]Secondly, the health care bill isn't working the way we were told that it would.

Yes, actually, it is. It is doing exactly what it was supposed to do, for the provisions that have cut in already.

[quote]Obama promised that insurance premiums would go down when the bill was passed; meanwhile, our rates have gone up more than ever.

Oh, garbage. The ACA hasn't even fully kicked in yet, with only a few provisions currently in place and with the remainder set to take effect in 2014. Rates have gone up because health care rates have been climbing for the past forty years or more. Out in the real world, the rate of growth of health care spending has *declined* after the passage of the ACA, as various providers and insurance companies are retooling in anticipation of 2014.

[quote]Third, the number of regulations have increased significantly under Obama

Bullshit. Obama has passed significantly *fewer* regulations than did his immediate predecessors at this time in their administrations. This is a long-debunked talking point.

[quote]Fourth, the President and his administration have been pretty dismissive of small business.

And this is bullshit, as well, as that has been Obama's primary focus and he has proposed or passed multiple executive orders and legislation to help small businesses.

[quote]The "you didn't build it" was overplayed by the Republicans but there it did represent, in many ways, how Obama thinks and feels.

That's because it happens to be true. It wasn't "overplayed" by Republicans; it was lied about by Republicans. Obama was talking about the infrastructure necessary to support your business. And guess what, *you didn't build that*. What Obama said was exactly correct.

[quote]We think we're doing a good thing by employing people yet the administration seems to feel the opposite

Bullshit. This is just partisan drivel, devoid of reality or substance.

[quote]Sixth, the new bank regulations and uncertainty in the banks has inhibited lending by those banks to small businesses.

Also bullshit, which is why you can't support this assertion any more than you can anything else you've spouted here.

Man, is this really the best you can do? Tired talking points and partisan spin?

by Anonymousreply 9210/16/2012

[quote]can you tell me How Mitt Romney tax plan will benefit your business?

see link.

by Anonymousreply 9310/16/2012

[quote]Overall, I would prefer the lower tax rates of Romney with fewer deductions and the potential for tax reform.

How do you proposed to make up the $5 trillion in lost revenue? How do you proposed to pay for the $2 trillion in increased defense spending? How do you proposed to deal with Medicare costs?

[quote]None of that is possible under Obama or the democrats as Sen Schumer said yesterday.

Good, since it's "voodoo economics," to quote a Republican.

[quote]I would prefer that they throw out Obamacare and start over

And replace it with what, exactly? Republicans have been trying for more than a year to come up with a viable alternative and have utterly failed. The ACA already is the conservative alternative to our health care problems. The only thing you can possibly replace it with is the liberal solution: Medicare for all.

[quote]fewer regulations with more teeth

Which specific Obama regulations do you want to change? How are you prepared to prevent another financial system meltdown?

[quote]and a more stable predictable business environment which we will have under Romney

Sigh.... Another tired talking point. We don't have a problem with "predictability." We have a problem with demand, as poll after poll, study after study demonstrates. Romney's proposals don't do a damn thing about demand.

by Anonymousreply 9410/16/2012

[quote]Man, is this really the best you can do? Tired talking points and partisan spin?

He used a lot of words, so it [italic]must[/italic] have substance!

by Anonymousreply 9510/16/2012

Thanks r93, but I'd really like r88 to answer. :)

by Anonymousreply 9610/16/2012

r88 will not be able to.

by Anonymousreply 9710/16/2012

So, is the problem all that uncertainty and all those vast amount of regulations that Obama is reported to have added? Let's see, shall we? (The data are from 2010 and 2011)

[quote]Of the 7,247 mass layoffs last year -- those involving at least 50 workers -- 18 were the result of government regulation, according to department data. Of the 3,114 mass layoffs in the first half of this year, 11 were related to government regulation. By comparison, 1,053 mass layoffs were attributed to business demand.

Well, that definitely settles it: we need fewer regulations so that those 29 layoff events out of 10,361 won't happen. Those 0.28% of all mass layoff events are clearly destroying the economy! That will solve all of our problems!

by Anonymousreply 9910/16/2012

[quote]Voting for Romney/Ryan for a better America!!!

For Romney/Ryan, maybe.

by Anonymousreply 10010/16/2012

I liked this one, by the way:

[quote]The tax increases that we would see under Obama go beyond the 1990s rates (the previous high in my lifetime, by the way)

We're at historically low levels of taxation and he is concerned about going back to a rate that was only slightly less historically low?? The mind boggles....

by Anonymousreply 10110/16/2012

Look at it this way: at least we know why Republicans can't defend their votes for Romney. This was the best they could do and he struck out on all counts.

by Anonymousreply 10210/16/2012

[quote]The tax increases that we would see under Obama go beyond the 1990s rates (the previous high in my lifetime, by the way)

Can you cite your source for this? I'd like to know more.

by Anonymousreply 10310/16/2012

And yet, both your reasons are bogus, since the economy is improving under Obama and he's been a better booster of our military than the previous Bush

by Anonymousreply 10510/16/2012

This thread is such a disappointment. 105 replies and yet to read a LEGIT excuse that someone else can't take apart in 2 seconds.

by Anonymousreply 10610/16/2012

[quote]He's proven to turn companies around.

list one.. that didn't include absorbing a smaller company and exporting it overseas.

by Anonymousreply 10710/16/2012

OK, I'll be forthcoming with the honest reason: I hate myself.

by Anonymousreply 10810/16/2012

r 104, your right. He did make money - at the expense of SEVERAL lost businesses and countless lost jobs.

From Romney's OWN wikipedia page: [quote]One study of 68 deals that Bain Capital made during Romney's time there found that the firm lost money or broke even on 33 of them.[66] ... Another study that looked at the eight-year period following 77 deals during Romney's time found that in [bold]17 cases the company went bankrupt or out of business, and in 6 cases Bain Capital lost all its investment[/bold]. But 10 deals were very successful and represented 70 percent of the total profits.[80]

10 out of 68 deals... And you're willing to gamble your business that record?

by Anonymousreply 10910/16/2012

His business model is a legalized variant of the old Mafia bust-out scam. If you've ever seen the part in "Goodfellas" where the restaurant owner gives Paulie a piece of his business, you know what Bain Capital does.

by Anonymousreply 11010/16/2012

R104 here.

Ok, so give me one good reason I should vote for Obama - that doesn't include trashing Romney. He's had 4 years to turn things aroound, broken promises, a wimp on foreign policy.

Go ahead...

by Anonymousreply 11110/16/2012

I've listed a couple in the first couple of pages.. concrete examples about how my Mother is paying less for her healthcare and is now receiving payback from the Insurance when they over charge her.

That is a GOOD reason to continue Obama's healthcare plan - that Romeny would destroy.

I will list another.

As of this year, I have a pre-existing condition, I would like not to be denied coverage if I ever switch jobs. That is another GOOD reason to continue Obama's healthcare plan - that Romeny would destroy.

While Mitt Romeny has made an ASS of himself on the world sphere. He insulted England and seems to want to restart the cold war with Russia for some odd reason.

Under Obama has made America safer by reducing the animosity against US embassies (ACTUAL source cited below) Attacks on US targets has reduced greatly. NOT by beefing up our intimidation of other countries - which has the exact OPPOSITE effect world wide- but by communicating with the world as a whole.

That is a ANOTHEr very GOOD concrete reason to keep Obama in office - Romney would destroy what standing we've regained since Bush JR sunk us.

by Anonymousreply 11210/16/2012

[quote]A wimp of foreign policy?

How so? How is Obama's foreign policy failing, exactly? What wars do you feel we need to start ?

Do you really think it takes dead soldiers to get anything done?

by Anonymousreply 11310/16/2012

r104, how small is your dick that you want the USA to start wars with everyone that looks at us funny?

by Anonymousreply 11410/16/2012

Yes Obama is a pussy. I should know.

by Anonymousreply 11510/16/2012

Mitt Romney is campaigning on a platform that emphasizes less spending, smaller deficits and renewed fiscal responsibility. But in one budget area, Romney is running the opposite direction. The former Massachusetts governor wants to increase defense spending by leaps and bounds. By one estimate, additional spending would exceed $2 trillion over the next decade. The additional spending really piles up in future years.

Spending should be determined by the security environment -- not the size of your economy.

by Anonymousreply 11610/16/2012

Mitts success is directly caused by the ignorance of Americans. Suckers, the lot.

by Anonymousreply 11710/16/2012

So far Cheryl has the most intelligent response.

by Anonymousreply 11810/16/2012

by Anonymousreply 11910/16/2012

Romney is hawt!

by Anonymousreply 12010/16/2012

Barack is hotter.

by Anonymousreply 12110/16/2012

[quote](I'm betting this thread gets nothing but ****crickets*** )

And 121 posts later, you're apparently wrong!

by Anonymousreply 12310/16/2012

if you were blocked, how are you able to post now? An official blocking lasts weeks.

by Anonymousreply 12410/16/2012

Blocking is driving by IP addresses. I posted from work and now I am home

by Anonymousreply 12510/16/2012

You mean you post by proxy.

by Anonymousreply 12610/16/2012

[quote]Hard to understand why it was viewed as stirring up shit since there were no personal attacks in it - unlike some of the responses

Actually, I read the responses and supplied several of them. There really weren't any real personal attacks. You were simply called on your bullshit.

[quote]Says something about the board - and not a good thing

It says something about you that you saw these challenges as "personal attacks." And even more about you that were you not able to muster a defense or come up with a coherent response.

[R92],94,99,101, 102 all look like the same poster

Duh. Trolldar shows that. I'm on a different computer now but those were my posts.

[quote]Would you give us some context on your work history and what you do now? I'm not looking for anything that would identify you or where you work - just looking for some context

I point out that what you posted was factually incorrect and you want to know my work history?? What on earth does that have to do with this discussion? With what you wrote? Or what I wrote in response?

[quote]Somehow, I doubt I will get a reasonable answer to either request but I thought it was worth a try

If you can come up with a reasonable reason why my profession and work history are relevant, I might be inclined to provide them. I rather doubt you can, though, since they are irrelevant to what I wrote. And I *really* doubt that you will, or can, defend the assertions in your original post. I'd be delighted to be proved wrong, though.

by Anonymousreply 12710/16/2012

[quote]1) He is a smart business man. He's proven to turn companies around. Our nation is in trouble and I believe of the two, he has a better shot at doing that.

Which policies of Romney do you believe will accomplish this task and why do you think they will work?

[quote]2) He plans to strengthen our military/security. There are enimies out there that truely HATE us. I believe it's wrong to pull our troops out. It's going to come back to bite us.

How much are you prepared to spend, how will you pay for it, and how long would you like us to remain in Afghanistan and Iraq?

by Anonymousreply 12810/16/2012

He once asked me that, too--what I did for a living.

What a character. Actually, what an arrogant little bitch.

by Anonymousreply 12910/16/2012

I knew it was you Paul! Kisses, doll.

by Anonymousreply 13010/16/2012

It's all about the hair.

Romney has such presidential hair, therefore destined to be a great president.

by Anonymousreply 13110/16/2012

Back from "lunch," R132?

by Anonymousreply 13310/16/2012

[quote]You got to Paul which is why he posted so much.

ROFL.... Yup, partisan bullshit does occasionally bring out the worst in me. Trust me, though; none of you guys have been able to "get" to me. I don't take you, or this forum, seriously enough. I do have fun, though.

[quote]He's is [sic] just jealous of your success.

ROFL.... Gee, how well you know me. Be sure to mention that I'm still living in my parents' basement, that I'm eating Cheetos, and that I'm wearing a caftan, okay?

[quote]I'm guessing that you were trying to understand whether he actually knew anything about business.

Well, that's partly my guess as to what he was looking for -- that he was looking for an avenue of attack. But since my knowledge of business is irrelevant to the points I raised, I doubt I'll bother to play his, or your, game. Either what I said was accurate or it was not. And if it was not, it should be easy to refute it. Your friend failed and, so far, so have you.

[quote]If he had an interesting or relevant job, he sure as hell would have made sure we all knew every gory detail

LOL.... Actually, the long-term readers here know what I do for a living. I neither make a secret of it nor parade it.

[quote]Paul has been particularly obnoxious since Obama is dropping like a rock in the polls.

Not really. I've been just as obnoxious when Obama was leading at the polls. I don't suffer fools gladly. And I do like to have fun. And this thread has given me plenty of opportunity.

[quote]We just have to endure him until Obama loses the election

Oh, I'll be back after the election, as well, if only to say "I told you so" when Romney enacts his radical, and foolish, policies. Policies, by the way, that, so far, nobody on this thread has even been able to identify, much less defend. Care to take a whack at it?

by Anonymousreply 13410/16/2012

Foolish policies at the Burger King, maybe.

by Anonymousreply 13510/16/2012

Haven't people learned yet that you CAN NOT expect a rational answer from a gay republican as to why they're against Obama. These people are quite frankly, idiots. The are not reasonable people and there's no need to attempt to reason with the unreasonable. They've made up their minds based on propaganda, lies, exaggerations, and bullshit put out by the GOP. And yes, more than a few of them are simply racist assholes who can't stand the fact that a black man is in the White House.

by Anonymousreply 13610/16/2012

I vote Republican because I want the deficit to grow.

by Anonymousreply 13710/16/2012

I vote republican so that medical care for children can decrease.

by Anonymousreply 13810/16/2012

I vote republican because Ann Romney is Da Bomb!

by Anonymousreply 13910/16/2012

by Anonymousreply 14010/16/2012

BUSH didn't get immigration reform . or sugest to eliminate Planned Parenthood.

by Anonymousreply 14110/16/2012

Obama was the clear winner of the second debate.

Resident republicans (all 4 of you) -- discuss.

by Anonymousreply 14210/17/2012

I'm an officer in the military and I find it shameful that you want a man who wants to complete misuse our Armed Forces to be Commander in Chief. Even though neither Romney, his sons, his brother, his uncles, his father, his grandparents, nor his grandparents have ever served in the military (not even during World Wars 1 and 2!), he gleefully talks about sending men and wen into harms way unnecessarily.

Then you have the fucking audacity to ask what Obama has accomplished? I'll start by noting that after serving under DADT, I can now serve openly. I'll end by noting Obama bin Laden is dead, the war in Iraq is over, and DoD is getting its fiscal house in order after years of spending like a drunken sailor.

So fuck you, you worthless piece of trash.

by Anonymousreply 14410/17/2012

Since Obama is universally "up" in all the polls (depsite Romney's win in the first debate) any stock market "reaction" you are seeing, r143, is to an impending Obama win.

But, keep yourself in denial. It seems to work for some of you.

by Anonymousreply 14510/17/2012

There is no "moderate" position regarding gay rights, R143.

So what's it like to have zero self-respect, R143? I want to know. Do you go to meetings for it? Are you on medication?

by Anonymousreply 14610/17/2012

what cracks me up is the GOP is trying to say that Crowley was biased towards Obama and that every questioner was too.

by Anonymousreply 14710/17/2012

But you knew they would, R147.

Sounds weak though; won't change anyone's mind.

by Anonymousreply 14810/17/2012

[quote]Romney is an answer to a prayer for those of us who are sick of the fundamentalists on one end and the greens on the other. A moderate Conservative, i.e., America, like it or not bitches.

What is "moderate" about advocating war with Iran, about "Cut, Cap, & Balance," about $5 trillion in unfunded tax cuts, about $2 trillion in unfunded increases to defense spending, about gutting Medicaid, about gutting Medicare?

[quote]Keep this in mind: The Stack Market [sic] is already reacting to Romney's impending win.

LOL.... No, actually, it's not, given that the odds are still in Obama's favor and the stock market just doesn't react that way, particularly to a business-friendly candidate like Obama.

[quote]It will go through the roof when he does.

Uh-huh, you keep thinking that, cupcake, if it makes you feel better. The rest of us will remain here in the real world.

by Anonymousreply 14910/17/2012

The stock market has been going up steadily since the job reports have been more positive and the economy is showing some signs of recovery.

Next argument?

by Anonymousreply 15010/17/2012

[quote]Keep this in mind: The [bold]Stack Market[/bold] is already reacting to Romney's impending win.

by Anonymousreply 15110/17/2012

What is a stack market?

by Anonymousreply 15210/17/2012

I'm voting for Romney because I've got binders full of women!!

by Anonymousreply 15310/17/2012

I was truly hoping to find some understanding as to why someone would actually vote Republican on this tread.

All I've found are more reasons to vote for Obama, the man that has transcended hostility, bounced the economy UP and fought for equal rights for all human beings in the USA.

by Anonymousreply 15410/17/2012

by Anonymousreply 15510/17/2012

Welcome back Barry!

by Anonymousreply 15610/17/2012

Pretty much.

by Anonymousreply 15710/17/2012

Well, there you have it. They either can't come up with a reason or the reasons they come up with are bullshit. And when challenged, they whine or attack instead of actually supporting their assertions. Q.E.D.

by Anonymousreply 15810/18/2012

by Anonymousreply 15910/22/2012

I'm voting for Romney because I don't want to pay taxes.

by Anonymousreply 16010/22/2012

by Anonymousreply 16210/22/2012

There is no reason I can fathom to vote for Mitt Romney.

I can only assume that all his support is merely a vote to get the black-guy out of the white-house at any and all cost.

by Anonymousreply 16310/22/2012

by Anonymousreply 16410/23/2012

But what can we do about these, "Republicans"?

by Anonymousreply 16510/23/2012

Shall we try again?

Restating the question:

What policies has Mitt Romney stated that he will enact/endorse that will directly impact YOU or that you think are good for the country. What makes you want to vote for him?

And again, please- No,[italic] "Because Obama... blah blah blah"[/italic]. I want to hear your support for Mitt and how he will help America and your life. Please use examples.

Thank you.

by Anonymousreply 16610/24/2012

Why bother, R166, really?

by Anonymousreply 16710/24/2012

Because they keep trolling around here. I figure, if they have that much time and energy, surely they must have some rationalisation for voting for Romney... something? No?

by Anonymousreply 16810/24/2012

the color of his skin.

by Anonymousreply 16910/24/2012

R168, they don't know they're dead.

Someone needs to show them to the gates of hell.

by Anonymousreply 17010/24/2012

So nobody ever answered OP? Anbody care to guess why Republicans want to vote for Romney when they cannot articulate a single reason why he would be an improvement over Barack Obama? Or is it that after the last debate, Romney essentially promised to be the white Barck Obama? Why doesn't he just change his campaign slogan to, "just like Barack Obama, but now with more bleach!"

They are too cowardly to admit that's the only reason to vote for Romney. Every word out of his mouth proves his incomptence even more. Admit it, you believe no one but a white man has a right to the White House, because people of color are inferior, no matter what they do, because they are not white.

Obama and Romney both went to Harvard law scool. Obama was President of the Harvard Law Review, Romney was not. Obama was a state and U.S. Senator, Romney has been the governor of a small state. Romney's family has a long history of draft dodging and leaving America whenever it got inconvenient for them. None of them have served in the military since before Utah became a state.

During the Vietnam war, Romney used a two year Mormon mission to France as an excuse to avoid serving his country. While other Americans, including Mormons, his age fought and died for their country, he lay on the beach in France and drew hearts with Ann Romney's name in them. Tough gig.

Romney has never made a single national security decision in his career. When Romney was governor, Massachusetts was 47th in job creation, but Romney claims he's a "job creator." Romney was a one term governor. When Romney left Massachusetts, his job approval rating was 34%. The next governor was a Democrat.

Bain has dismantled companies and sent the jobs and equipment to China. He's a rich guy that wants to destroy the American economy for a few rich pals, then leave the country bankrupt.

He's raised a thuggish, spoiled brat that threatened the President of the United States and didn't even have the decency to apologize until a week later when he had to face that same President eye to eye. And then there's the dog on the roof, serving himself at dinner before the entire family, holding down the kid at school and cutting his hair, with his gang of bullies. His character is that of a bully, with an extraordinary lack of compassion of empathy even for his own family and associates. In a social setting, he would be considered an obnoxious boor.

And then there's the flip flops...

by Anonymousreply 17110/24/2012

An analysis by the Kaiser Family Foundation shows that the Romney/Ryan plan for Medicaid would slash the program's funding by $1.7 trillion over the next decade. This isn't a "block grant" to give states more "flexibility." It's a slash-and-burn set of cuts to an effective, and necessary, program.

by Anonymousreply 17310/24/2012

um, r173... [bold]Kaiser study: Romney's Medicare plan raises costs[/bold]

The Romney/Ryan Medicare plan is pretty straight forward: end the guaranteed benefit, and transition seniors into a voucher system -- effectively giving the elderly a coupon towards private insurance. What happens when the value of the coupon fails to keep up with rising costs? Too bad -- you should have thought of that before Election Day 2012.

To hear the Republican candidates tell it, this is worthwhile anyway, not because they're obsessed with privatization or tearing down public pillars of American society, but because upending the entire Medicare system would save money and improve our broken finances.

The detail that often goes overlooked is how exactly turning Medicare into vouchers would "save money." As a practical matter, the Kaiser Family Foundation found, it'd save the government money, but cost you more, even if you opted to stay in the public system.

[quote]Using 2010 data as a model, Kaiser's study found that among seniors who chose to remain in traditional Medicare, more than half would have paid higher premiums. Just under half would have paid the same. That would've yielded an average premium hike of $720 annually for seniors who chose to remain in traditional Medicare.

[quote]Among seniors with private Medicare Advantage plans, 88 percent would have paid higher premiums unless they switched to a cheaper plan with less generous benefits. On average, seniors already in private plans would have paid $1,044 more annually, according to the study.

[quote]Taken together, 59 percent of Medicare beneficiaries would have ended up paying higher premiums than they do in the current system if they remained in their current plan.

In fairness, the Kaiser Family Foundation's research had to fill in certain gaps because the Romney/Ryan campaign refuses to explain in detail how their proposal would work. But based on all available information, the analysis is more than fair.

What's more, as Sahil Kapur added, the study "does not project the longer-term implications for traditional Medicare. Many analysts warn that over time, sicker and older patients would choose traditional Medicare over private plans as private insurers tailored their plans to younger, healthier beneficiaries. Without strict rules and adequate risk adjustment, this would put traditional Medicare premiums on a 'death spiral' and the public plan would collapse."

More so than any time in a half-century, Medicare is quite literally on the line. We're looking at a scenario in which the program may be scrapped as early as the spring depending on who wins in 21 days.

by Anonymousreply 17410/24/2012

by Anonymousreply 17510/24/2012

R174, R173 was referring to Medicaid, not Medicare.

by Anonymousreply 17610/24/2012

u r an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 17810/25/2012

by Anonymousreply 17910/30/2012

by Anonymousreply 18011/01/2012

OY, weh, You sound like a crazy cunt.

by Anonymousreply 18211/03/2012

You are too dumb to live 181. Much less vote. Also please take your meds delusions and paranoia are textbook symptoms of schizophrenia. My parents are academics- I was exposed to all kinds of folks of all ethnicities, political stripes and religious ilks.

Gay republicans are the worst. You know they hate you, right? Ask Matthew Shepard how tolerant right wingers are.

by Anonymousreply 18511/03/2012

Webmaster, will you take out the trash?

by Anonymousreply 19011/03/2012

Put the crack pipe down. It is killing your brain cells, my friend.

by Anonymousreply 19311/04/2012

[quote] Dr. Quentin Yong

Actually, R184 etc I think you mean Dr. Quentin Young, a well respected Northwestern University med school grad who was MLK's personal physician and a man of integrity I have personally worked with.

Your strange implications from incomplete, cobbled together ramblings are full of inaccuracies, so why should we take you seriously?

by Anonymousreply 19411/04/2012

All of the conspiracy theories and craxy anti-Obama posts lead me to a decision; we need a viable third party.

Until then, Democratic leaders are the safest bet going forward.

by Anonymousreply 19511/04/2012

[quote]Your strange implications from incomplete, cobbled together ramblings are full of inaccuracies, so why should we take you seriously?

It was pretty hilarious, wasn't it? I particularly liked the one where banks were "blackmailed" into giving sub-prime loans, which means that Obama was single-handledly responsible for the financial collapse. Oh, and the "homosexual activities and cocaine-snorting" was pretty funny, too, not to mention the death count. Any day now, the "Obama Death Count" is going to be right up there with the "Clinton Death Count."

[quote]You've provided ample evidence as to why I would never support Obama.

Dear heart, you do realize that R181 provided absolutely zero actual evidence, right? And that most of what he wrote was bullshit? Just checking.

[quote]Obama has no experience

Um, actually, Obama has four years of experience as President, which is four more years of experience than Romney has.

[quote]most likely isn't a U.S. citizen

I do so love these birthers. The crazy is strong in this one.

[quote]Unfortunately, the morons on this site don't wanna hear the truth.

LOL... Oh, the irony.... Dear, you wouldn't know the "truth" if it reared up and bit you in the ass.

[quote]They'd rather be ignorant because evidently, ignorance is bliss.

You should know, dear.

by Anonymousreply 19611/04/2012

Link? Where is the moron getting this drivel?

by Anonymousreply 19711/04/2012

R197, he says that he's getting it from "The Obama Timeline." It's just the usual conspiracy drivel. I counted a dozen errors and then stopped since it was obvious the author didn't have a clue.

by Anonymousreply 19811/04/2012

R189, perhaps a game of solitaire will help. Oh look, the first card is the Queen of Hearts.

by Anonymousreply 19911/04/2012

by Anonymousreply 20011/04/2012

A gay Republican is the equivalent of a black Klan member. Why are you for someone who isnt for you?

by Anonymousreply 20111/04/2012

A 'hail mary' explanation on the eve of defeat.

by Anonymousreply 20211/04/2012

That wasn't "research;" it was crap pulled out of his ass. Once you learn to tell the difference, you'll be far better equipped to deal with the real world.

by Anonymousreply 20411/04/2012

[quote]Is that all you got, [R204]?

Nope, but it's all I care to share with you since everything is so easily accessible online. There's this thing called "Google;" you should look into it. You can start with the assertions about the financial meltdown and housing bubble, where Frederick obviously doesn't have a clue.

See, for example, just how much of the financial meltdown actually came from the sub-prime loans and how much from other non-sub-prime loans. Or how many of the financial institutions and mortgage brokers were covered under Federal law or under the agreement he cites. Or whether any law or agreement required financial institutions to make bad loans.

[quote]I wanna see articles that debunk what Don Frederick states in his book.

Sorry, but the burden of proof is on Frederick, since he's the one making the wild claims. Nothing in that nonsense above or in his book is supported by anything resembling actual data, logic, or reason. It's all a mishmash of conspiracy theories and unsupported assertions, most of which are rather foolish.

Additionally, anyone who can write crap like:

[quote]You've provided ample evidence as to why I would never support Obama. Obama has no experience, most likely isn't a U.S. citizen which would explain why his college records are under lock and key. Unfortuately, the morons on this site don't wanna hear the truth. They'd rather be ignorant because evidently, ignorance is bliss.

is not worth my time. You're either a troll or a fool and I have no patience with either.

by Anonymousreply 20611/05/2012

Lots of ill-informed, ignorant members of the electorate.

by Anonymousreply 20711/05/2012

and ALL voting Romney/Ryan this time around.

by Anonymousreply 20811/05/2012

by Anonymousreply 21011/05/2012

[quote]My parents raised me to be a proud Republican and that is what I will always be.

Personally, I was raised to do my own research, do my own thinking, and make up my own mind rather than doing what mommy and daddy told me to do, but that's just me.

[quote]I do not believe in liberal values.

And which values would those be, specifically? I doubt you really know what liberals value.

[quote]That is why I am voting for Mr. Romney.

Which version of Mitt Romney? The liberal version? The conservative version? The Tea Party version?

[quote]My relatives were victims of the Holocaust so we are very attuned to the despotism that liberals represent.

ROFL.... Thanks for confirming that you're a troll and for invoking Godwin's Law. Of course, out here in the real world, liberals and liberal values had zilch to do with the Holocaust, but hey, don't let a little reality get in your way.

[quote]I will always stand for Freedom and purity.

Gee, you know who else stood for "purity?" Hitler!

by Anonymousreply 21111/05/2012

209 if you're not trolling. Do comeback and explain what the fuck you're talking about.

by Anonymousreply 21211/05/2012

R209 has been listening to the talking points that say Obama is a "Socialist" and the Nazi Party was called the "National Socialist Party" so therefore Obama is a Nazi.

In real life, Nazis were not Socialists. The opposition party they ran against were communists. Nazis were fascists, no matter what they called themselves. Fascists are not liberals, they are far-right conservatives.

The Nazis were also white supremists, so obviously they would not want anything to do with Obama. Hitler did not want to shake the hand of black athlete Jesse Owens at the Olympics, although he won, because he was black and not part of the "Aryan master race." Hitler was very angry that a person who was not part of the "master race" won, because Aryans were supposed to be superior to all others, and always win under all circumstances just by virtue of being white and therefore "superior." Keeping the Aryan race "pure" was a top priority for the Nazi Party.

This is not too different from the reason Republicans don't like Obama.

by Anonymousreply 21311/05/2012

[quote]evidently you didn't read the book (and probabaly never will) because if you had, you would know that Frederick cites his sources and can provide links for everything he wrote in the book, which can be found on his website

ROFL.... Wow, you really are gullible, aren't you? I've already given you several free clues as to provably false assertions and instead of taking the hint you're just doubling down on the stupidity. Thank you for confirming that I was right to not take you seriously and to not waste any time with you.

[quote]The website is full of thousands of references, so he didn't just pull this "crap" out of his ass, like some claim.

Ooh, "thousands of references!" Wow. That's just like Ann Coulter claiming that her book was terribly accurate because it contained genuine footnotes! Free clue, dear: look up the acronym GIGO.

by Anonymousreply 21511/06/2012

Yoo hoo! Republicans! Where are you?

by Anonymousreply 21611/16/2012

ha ha ha ha ha ha!

by Anonymousreply 21711/16/2012

Winning is fun, isn't it?

by Anonymousreply 21811/16/2012

by Anonymousreply 21911/27/2012

Dude. Or dudette. This is a gay gossip and snark board.

This board is not a "support" board for gays. Never was, never will be.

by Anonymousreply 22111/28/2012

[quote]what's funny is you all want to call out republicans on this board

Actually, we mostly want to laugh at you, since none of you is able to muster a coherent argument. Sadly, you're no exception.

[quote]but we get banned from posting as soon as we say anything remotely not liberal.

And no, of course you don't get banned. We get Republicans posting here all the time. We just don't get any who make any sense. That's not too surprising, given the material you have to work with.

[quote]You can't handle a little debate on this board.

ROFL.... Dear heart, we can handle any "debate" you care to dish out. Frankly, though, I doubt you'll do any better than any of your compatriots. But hey, feel free to bring it on anytime you like. Of course, if all you want do is whine about how you're picked on here, well, then, we'll just have to keep laughing at you.

[quote]admit it this isn't a board supporting gays its a board for liberals who happen to be gay.

*Shrug* Not too much difference, dear.

by Anonymousreply 22211/28/2012

by Anonymousreply 22311/29/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!