Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

How can you tell the difference between a gay guy and a bisexual guy?

I have gaydar, but what sets off bi-dar?

by Anonymousreply 10610/14/2013

I believe bisexual men exist but most who claim to be are frauds.

by Anonymousreply 210/12/2012

Guys that have pretty narrow standards of how they want their sexual partners to look, both male and female. Because they have a bigger selection of potential mates

I.e. from the Kevin McHale thread, the bi guy might say he prefers only "exotic women".

Guys that dont really ping as gay, but are trying way to hard to be masculine

by Anonymousreply 310/12/2012

Bisexual = six beers

by Anonymousreply 410/12/2012

The earrings don't quite match the caftan.

by Anonymousreply 510/12/2012

The bi-guys I've met bottom without pretending to be 'versatile'; more boundaries that I didn't know existed.

by Anonymousreply 1410/12/2012

[interest in godawful Burning Man bullshit ]

Ha! True!

by Anonymousreply 1810/12/2012

Ha! R9 speaks the truth. Back when I was a whippersnapper it was prog rock, cocaine and Brit Pop.

by Anonymousreply 1910/12/2012

Define "bisexual."

by Anonymousreply 2010/13/2012

Because the question did not specify responses from men only, r21.

by Anonymousreply 2210/13/2012

"Bisexual" men -- who are, in reality, merely closeted gay men -- will cruise you while they're out shopping with their wives and kids. They're also generally stingy with the reciprocity in hookups, e.g. they want to suck and fuck but will rarely *do* the sucking or bottom.

"Bisexual" guys, if you encounter them at places like work and whatnot, will try to come up with any excuse they can think of to "hang out" -- but no, not ever EVER as a "gay" thing or, Christ forbid, a "date"! -- and then get conveniently drunk enough to claim plausible deniability about anything that transpires afterwards.

by Anonymousreply 2310/13/2012

Why wouldn't we want to hear what a woman has to say when the subject is bisexuality? There are plenty of threads where I don't think they really should be participating but this certainly isn't one of them.

Don't be so reactionary.

by Anonymousreply 2410/13/2012

Bi dudes are generally more masculine and mainstream. They tend to like and play sports and refer to other males as "bro" and "dude." They are just like straight dudes, except, sometimes they notice other dudes, although most don't admit it to others.

by Anonymousreply 2810/13/2012

r28 is a retard

by Anonymousreply 2910/13/2012

Hello, the year 2000 called and wants it's discussion back. Do any of you people ever leave the house?

by Anonymousreply 3010/13/2012

r30...you can now take the internet with you when you leave the house

by Anonymousreply 3110/13/2012

Bi males say "dude," "bro," "bruh." Only closeted or athletic gay dudes do the same.

by Anonymousreply 3211/04/2012

Mental midgetry thread.

by Anonymousreply 3311/04/2012

They might ping as gay and straight and, unlike closeted gay men, comfortable with both.

No one says any -dar is flawless.

by Anonymousreply 3411/04/2012

Bi guys like men and boys.

by Anonymousreply 3511/04/2012

Bi-sexual guys will 'flirt' with a guy. I will overhear one talking, look over and think "mmm hmmm"- even if he doesn't appear gayish or metro. There's just a playful, teasing lilt to his voice.

Straight guys will deal with other guys in a flat, arm's length manner.

by Anonymousreply 3611/04/2012

Bisexual men are afraid of commitment, especially with other guys. So, they settle with women.

by Anonymousreply 3711/04/2012

ZZZzzzzzzz

by Anonymousreply 3811/04/2012

Bisexual men are flity with other guys.

by Anonymousreply 3911/04/2012

Bisexual guys are the ones who end up settling down in committed relationships with women.

by Anonymousreply 4011/04/2012

Oh yeah, they both are currently in a serious long-term relationship with a women (who know they are bi). I don't think there is some truth to the fact that most bi guys will settle down with women. Easier that way from a societal point of view and also easier to find a women who actually wants to be a real emotional relationship as opposed to many guys who just want sex.

by Anonymousreply 4311/04/2012

R37, R40, IYHO, Why DO bi guys settle down with women? Is it just because of societal conformity?

by Anonymousreply 4411/04/2012

When you and your wife are in bed with a bi guy he'll go down on both of you.

by Anonymousreply 4511/04/2012

y best friend was a true bisexual, he loved to have sex with women and men. If he saw a hot chick or dude, he'd get very flirty with them. He did settle with. a chick, because he couldn't find a guy to commet to...most of the guys he dated only wanted sex.

My first boyfriend was bisexual, little did I know that he would leave me for another woman.

by Anonymousreply 4611/04/2012

Bi guys have attitude problems and are usually borderline sociopaths

by Anonymousreply 4711/04/2012

Push him in a lake. If he sinks, he's straight. If he floats, he's bisexual. If he does a salute to Esther Williams, he's gay.

by Anonymousreply 4811/04/2012

Easy, bi guys leave a slime trail behind them.

by Anonymousreply 5011/04/2012

In my younger days I was a Kinsey 3. And threeways with men and women were the biggest fantasy, and on the occasions when they were real I was fully participating with both.

Now, if I could get truly turned on by anyone, male or female, it would be an extraordinary event.

by Anonymousreply 5111/04/2012

The gay guy is drunk out of his mind while the bi guy is still a couple of drinks from being gay.

by Anonymousreply 5311/04/2012

IMHO, while some bi guys are really closeted gays (I was one, and got my huge share of pussy (although I was also married to a woman and after the divorce oddly dated strippers which led to my first encounter with a bi guy as a bi guy).

So, yes, I get the whole hate for bi guys by gay men since the great majority are just closeted.

But, I *do* believe there exists bisexual men: my definition: men who *admit* their sexual attraction to other me, and some actually act on it and are smart enough and confident enough to know it's OK. Most other men won't ever admit their attraction...even if just fleeting. And that's society's fault.

by Anonymousreply 5411/04/2012

Men who are "bi" are mindfuckers. They are duplicitous. They will lead you on and then break your heart if you get too vulnerable with them OR reveal your feelings. They are careless with the emotions/feelings of gay men. They are all about themselves; many are sociopaths or borderline. They will feign shock and surprise when you tell them what they did to you. BE GUARDED around them. They are master manipulaters. They will reel you in and make you think you are truly special to them and then will mention some "hot girl" they want to fuck OR comment on some beautiful women in their line of sight. They hold just enough back to draw you in. They are a bit mysterious and can flirt like nobody's business. But they are cruel. They always find a way to remind you that they are not really 100% into you and are looking for pussy, too. OR are looking for "something" that you can't give them. It is always all about them. Always, ultimately. You can never trust a guy who identifies as "bi." I put it in quotes because the term is really up for a new definition. Most bi guys that I have known have ended up with women, not with other guys. Bi guys DO exist, no matter what the people posting want to convince you of. But they are usually the most messed up people you would never want to meet. Either that, or you will fall for one and just put your blinders on and only hear what you want to hear. And will still get your heart broken.

by Anonymousreply 5511/04/2012

I'm confident that bisexuality truly exists, but it seems like bi women tend to exclusively date/marry men...and bi men tend to date/marry women and fuck around with men. The reason bi people are ridiculed is because they come across as self-loathing gays as opposed to just being indiscriminately sexual.

by Anonymousreply 5611/04/2012

There are enough bi guys out there who insist that their attraction to both men and women is real that I have to believe them. Insisting they don't know their own feelings is the same thing as straights insisting gay people really aren't gay.

by Anonymousreply 5711/04/2012

r55, well stated. Thank you.

I personally know of 3 "bi" guys who are now with women and/or have kids, etc.

One was engaged, and now let's his housemate suck him off every once in a while.

They are mentally fucked. It's society's fault.

by Anonymousreply 5811/04/2012

[quote] IYHO, Why DO bi guys settle down with women? Is it just because of societal conformity?

It's not all about the sex. Most straight men are helpless in many ways and actually need a woman to help them function normally. Have you seen how single straight men live? When they marry what they're looking for is a mother and a sex partner. Like straight men, bi men may be more "dependent" on women than gay men are and that's why they settle down with women.

by Anonymousreply 6011/04/2012

I think so many gay guys have issues with bi guys because of that r59. Happened to me, He was screwing around with tons of girls behind my back. In the end he got some chick knocked up and moved in with her.

by Anonymousreply 6111/04/2012

And I hope r61 that he is all burdened down financially with having to raise this kid and send him/her on to college.

by Anonymousreply 6211/04/2012

[quote](time heals all wounds though and I hope time wounded the heel)

R59 = Eve Arden

by Anonymousreply 6311/04/2012

These stories of cheating bi guys are awful, but it sounds like at least they were honest about the fact they were bi (unlike "straight" guys who screw around with men behind their wives' back).

by Anonymousreply 6411/04/2012

The difference between a married bi man and a straight married man is easy - pay close attention to the wife's position in his life. Is she integrated into all of it or is she effectively excluded from parts of his life. For example, he's out of town on business a lot, they live far away from his family, her friends are their friends, he's uncomfortable discussing her.

Between a gay guy and bisexual guy - I don't know. I am assuming we are talking about a man who comes across as gay, but ends up being bi.

(They are deceptive, manipulative and cruel to women, too.)

by Anonymousreply 6511/04/2012

Bisexuality is not a character flaw. Being bigoted is a character flaw though.

by Anonymousreply 6611/04/2012

I find that a large proportion of Latino guys are bisexual.

by Anonymousreply 6711/04/2012

R67, while that's true, it's not exactly a badge of honor for them. Hispanic men tend to be unbelievably bi and gay-friendly, but they have issues with their sexuality due to Catholicism. Also, straight, gay or bi, they're notorious serial cheaters.

by Anonymousreply 6811/04/2012

r68, I think this is why I have such a jaded view of bisexuals, because 9/10 bi guys I have known were Latino. And yes, they all exhibited the kind of behavior r55 laid out so nicely.

by Anonymousreply 6911/04/2012

If you're a bi male and would consider being in a long-term monogamous with a man man as well as woman, then just fine and dandy. But if you're only interested in long-term monogamous relationships with women and men are only for sex, then shove your sexuality ideas up your ass, jerk off and leave us alone. and none one of this "I can't find any men interested in a relationship" crap that someone else put forth in another posting.

by Anonymousreply 7211/04/2012

Don't believe a damned thing r70 says. And the phrases "butch" and "straight acting" are insulting cliches. No intelligent, educated, informed person USES words and phrases like that.

Crawl back in your hole, creep.

by Anonymousreply 7311/04/2012

Just ignore SickEvilDick.

by Anonymousreply 7411/04/2012

Too bad there aren't more older bisexuals (like over 40) and not all kids.

by Anonymousreply 7511/04/2012

They exist, and you generally can't tell.

Though there are certain social groups wherein you may be more likely to find one who is super open about it.

by Anonymousreply 7611/04/2012

On the other hand, SEF is surely a delight at parties!

by Anonymousreply 7811/04/2012

The bi-guy's cock tastes of pussy.

by Anonymousreply 7911/04/2012

Quite fitting that SickEvilDick addressed his diatribe to himself.

by Anonymousreply 8111/04/2012

I'm surprised this thread is still around.

For the record, two of my best friends are bisexual men.

by Anonymousreply 8311/04/2012

It is possible there is a decent, nice bisexual man in the world. You know, who isn't a screwed up mess. I haven't met one yet. And don't want to. Life is too short to deal with their bullshit and they make my head hurt, anyway. They are, actually, a LOT like "the girl you regret meeting at a party" from last night's SNL! Yep. They are.

by Anonymousreply 8411/04/2012

What's the problem with SickEvilFuck?

--- Woman who found out she was married to a bisexual man. (Although, in all fairness, he was just finding out himself.)

by Anonymousreply 8511/04/2012

I believe in bisexual men, but I have a question: do most bi men who date or marry women maintain an overpowering urge to be with the occasional man (and vice-versa)? Do they tend to date and marry partners who will give them "free passes"?

I know a bi woman who basically hasn't married or super-LTR'd for this reason; she just enjoys both too much.

by Anonymousreply 8611/05/2012

Children clap your hands if you believe in bisexual men!!

by Anonymousreply 8711/05/2012

I tend to agree with R2, I actually knew 4 bisexual men, and when I say I knew them - I mean I known them to have had sex with both genders - having admitted to sex with men but currently with women. The thing is they label themselves straight.

Two I knew were the bottoms in the situation and stated they wanted to see what it was like, the did the same guy who was hot. These guys wouldn't have relationships with men, just viewed it as experimentation.

Another I knew to have been involved with several women I know and sexually active with them. He revealed interest in men as one hit on him in a bar. I made a joke when he was given a number, he said it's something he did in the past and enjoyed very much. But he's in a monogamous relationship and needed to cut it out. He did get married and I have lost touch and don't know how that worked out.

The last was a married coworker who admitted to have been unsure of his sexuality when he was younger and tried it with men and didn't think it was the right fit for him and went with women.

Then there was another coworker of mine who flamed like the day is long and he said he was bisexual. He was young and I totally saw him as bisexual on the way to gay. For some reason, people tell me this shit (I am a woman btw), and any man who identifies as bisexual in my view is likely gay.

The word I'm bisexual never came out of the mouth of the 4 "straight" guys who had sexual experiences and/or attraction to men. I think you are likely to hear one say "I'm flexible" before you hear bisexual.

by Anonymousreply 8811/05/2012

Take a gay guy. Then strip him of his integrity, his pride, and his expensive underwear. Viola! A bisexual!

by Anonymousreply 8911/05/2012

Oh, I know several guys who are openly bisexual. I've never had any of them introduce themselves, followed quickly with, "and I'm bisexual," but it did come up in group conversations about relationships and such.

by Anonymousreply 9011/05/2012

Is spotting a bisexual like a big foot siting? Or would you say it's more like the elusive BDF in that everyone agrees it exists (to some degree) but everyone has their own definition of what it is?

by Anonymousreply 9111/05/2012

For me there's none ... any guy I've been with that says he is bisexual I figure is just a gay guy that doesn't want to be gay.

by Anonymousreply 9211/05/2012

When I was a teenager struggling with my sexual identity, I confided in my high school chemistry teacher, who was known to be gay but not exactly out (this was Oklahoma, after all). I told him I thought I was honestly attracted to both sexes but I’d seen an episode of Friends where Lisa Kudrow sang a song that has a lyric that said men who claimed to be bisexual were just fooling themselves. So maybe I was just rationalizing to myself. Mr. H, who identified as gay, nevertheless was open minded about the issue. He told me about the Kinsey scale and after talking it over we decided I was probably between a 4 and 3 on the scale. But then he talked about his own test – find a movie with equally attractive female and male leads and see which one you prefer. He said that he realized he was gay when he was young and saw the Fantastic Voyage and preferred Stephen Boyd to Raquel Welch.

So I did Mr. H’s movie test. I went to see the Xmen movie, which was out about that time. But I found I was more attracted to Famke Jansen than James Marsden. Both of them were pretty much perfect specimens of their respective sexes, at least theoretically. So that was kind of weird. But I found Hugh Jackman hotter than either, even though as Wolverine he had that weird facial hair and all that I didn’t like. This confused me even more, so I applied the test to other movies and TV shows. I found that in Lara Croft I totally preferred Daniel Craig to Angeline Jolie, even though he’s got that weird Stewie Griffin head, whereas Angelina is much more fuckable to me than Mr. Jolie, Brad Pitt, who is supposedly symmetrically and physically perfect but who leaves me cold. My tastes don’t really seem to follow any logic. For me, Kate Upton is way hotter than Justin Verlander, but I’d take Brad Ausmus over either. Liz Taylor is far more fuckable in Cat on a Hot Tin Roof than Paul Newman, who does nothing for me. But I’d take Sean Connery over Ursula Andress in a second.

So I’ve come to the conclusion that while I’m (a lot) more homo than hetero, it all depends on the context for me. Maybe for bi men sexual attraction is situational, the way ethics and politics are for thinking men.

by Anonymousreply 9311/05/2012

Well, some non-bisexuals on here are claiming that bi men settle down with women, and others claim that they end up purely gay, so...it can't be exclusively one or the other...

by Anonymousreply 9411/05/2012

r94 - but, couldn't that be a natural function of aging - as sexual interest declines with age, bisexual attraction settles for one or the other.

r93 - I agree it's situational, especially for young men that will fuck constantly. But, after middle age - who knows.

by Anonymousreply 9511/05/2012

You make lots of interesting points R93. Very refreshing analysis compared to the same old played out retread theories being presented here.

by Anonymousreply 9611/05/2012

I get your point, R95, but no--a lot of people insist that bisexuals are inherently straight or inherently gay, and consider that fixed. I guess they are afraid that any other idea could lead to a slippery slope toward [dun, dun, DUNNN] the fluid sexuality possibility theory.

Anyway this thread is about how to tell bisexual men from straight men, not whether they exist. My response to this Q? If a guy is a certain breed of flirty and feely toward humans in general (which I would never be able to completely describe), I often consider that he might be bisexual. There are somewhat-reliable stereotypes about how some gay men will act around each sex, but I won't get into those.

by Anonymousreply 9711/05/2012

Bi guys don't like girly or weird stuff. They like being considered a mainstream dude and eschew anything that is considered unmanly.

by Anonymousreply 9811/11/2012

The actor Gale Harold is bisexual, but in interviews he identifies as straight.

by Anonymousreply 9911/11/2012

I find the dude-bro thing to be more common with gay men then bi men.

Open bisexuals are frequently flaming. (Perhaps only because non-flaming bisexual blend in as straight.)

by Anonymousreply 10011/11/2012

I guess it's just really different for everyone. I know a few men who call themselves bi, and one of them says he's proud of the fact that he can understand most of both men and women.

by Anonymousreply 10111/11/2012

A bisexual meets a woman who he falls in love with but is free to occasionally sleep with a man he's attracted to. That scenario exists quite commonly today especially if that woman has the comforts of life, children and a husband who remains committed to their marriage and family. It's referred to as an "open" marriage. That man will also sexually and emotionally satisfy his wife and since sex in marriage is often close to non-existent the longer a couple is married, it all works out. Being emotionally attached to a woman is what makes the "bi" in bisexual. You can call it closeted if you want, but being gay is an emotional as well as physical attraction to members of the same sex.

by Anonymousreply 10211/11/2012

50 Shades of Gay.

Next topic, please.

by Anonymousreply 10311/11/2012

Bi guys don't hang out with gay guys much or go to gay locales.

by Anonymousreply 10411/12/2012

If the guy you suck off at the interstate rest stop is wearing dark slacks,belt,crisp white long sleeve shirt,necktie and is driving a sedan....he's bi and married.

by Anonymousreply 10610/14/2013
Need more help? Click Here.