Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Bus Driver Uppercuts Hoodrat

I say she had it coming; she touched him first. My philosophy: You wanna play tough and ghetto and start shit, you take the consequences.

I appreciate seeing a fool learning a life lesson of "you're not scaring me with your hardcore act".

Best part is when he tossed her ass off the bus. I give her props though - she was right back up. I would have laid there. I hope the driver didn't lose his job.

by Black female who's been on the MTAreply 18311/25/2012

I hope he doesn't lose his job. She threw the first punch while he was driving. It seems as if they need security on some of these public transport systems.

by Black female who's been on the MTAreply 510/12/2012

Did he rip off her fake ponytail and throw it out into the street? Brilliant, sir.

by Black female who's been on the MTAreply 610/12/2012

You can't really see what she did to him becaue the guy in the vest was blocking the camera's view, but it seems pretty clear that he grossly overreacted.

by Black female who's been on the MTAreply 710/12/2012

I agree with r7. And I would say the same exact thing if it were a man (and I suspect most of you would too).

by Black female who's been on the MTAreply 910/12/2012

The guy should be applauded. And why in the fuck didn't the RTA employee in the orange vest toss the bitch as soon as she started running her jibs?

by Black female who's been on the MTAreply 1010/12/2012

I remember one time I was on a bus and this woman gets on and just starts whaling on the driver. And of course the phone I had at the time didn't have video capability else I'd have recorded that.

Some RIPTA drivers deserve to get beat on.

by Black female who's been on the MTAreply 1110/12/2012

I wanna see either party interviewed by Anderson Cooper or Piers Morgan.

I wonder who each of The View's members will side with.

by Black female who's been on the MTAreply 1210/12/2012

harrassing the driver while he is doing his job threatens the safety of the whole bus, and the guy in the orange should have stepped in and taken her away so she could not jeopardize the rest of the passengers' safety.

once she hit the driver and spit IN HIS MOUTH... there is no such thing as over-reacting on his part.

The idea that someone who is attacked should somehow moderate his defense and only neutralize the situation is ridiculous. As you can see, it is over/ finished/ and she comes back and tries to hit him again even after it is finished.

He has to finish it by any means necessay to protect himself.

by Black female who's been on the MTAreply 1310/12/2012

She shouldnt have touched him. Here is a clearer video of what happened:

by Black female who's been on the MTAreply 1410/12/2012

He's been suspended. He'll probably lose his job.

by Black female who's been on the MTAreply 1510/12/2012

She was 25 or a teen?

by Black female who's been on the MTAreply 1610/12/2012

thank goodness it's not a racial thing this time. That bitch was lucky the driver wasn't female. He went easy on her ass.

by Black female who's been on the MTAreply 1710/12/2012

R17, describe the normal scenario for us then. Who is the driver usually, and who is the passenger?

by Black female who's been on the MTAreply 1910/12/2012

i hope he sues the city for wrongful termination and defamation.

by Black female who's been on the MTAreply 2010/12/2012

R19 a female driver would have went harder at her for sure. This girl needs to learn you can't go around treating people like shit and expect no consequences.

by Black female who's been on the MTAreply 2210/12/2012

I have ZERO sympathy for the passenger. She deserved everything she got (and much more)!

He should NOT lose his job. I have already emailed the Cleveland RTA to provide my support to the driver.

by Black female who's been on the MTAreply 2310/12/2012

I wish workers in communal places could legally use taser guns on people who get unruly in public. There would be way fewer cases of people getting out of control like this.

by Black female who's been on the MTAreply 2510/12/2012

I love seeing mouthy bitches get beaten down.

by Black female who's been on the MTAreply 2610/12/2012

Never leave home without my pepper spray.

by Black female who's been on the MTAreply 2710/12/2012

Seriously, i wouldnt mind bus drivers being armed with tasers. They should have that in the vent someone tries to assault them. There are other people's lives at stake when someone assaults a bus driver.

by Black female who's been on the MTAreply 2810/12/2012

*shrug*

She wanted to get into it, she got into it.

by Black female who's been on the MTAreply 2910/12/2012

DL is usually insane in his celebration of violence against females but here I've got to side with the bus driver. Is he supposed to do his job, of driving passengers around, while being punched, screamed and possibly spat at? She got the consequences she well deserved.

by Black female who's been on the MTAreply 3010/12/2012

It is a felony to assault a New York City MTA employee.

The driver did the right thing, he is the "captain of his ship" and responsible for maintaining order.

by Black female who's been on the MTAreply 3110/12/2012

this isnt a gender issue. it is a public safety issue. Dont try and play the gender card when it is inappropriate.

by Black female who's been on the MTAreply 3210/12/2012

I told you I was hardcore.

by Black female who's been on the MTAreply 3410/12/2012

Permit me a mary moment. To me, this is a tragedy.

Black bus driver makes shit money. Black female passenger makes shit money.

Some dumb-ass squabble and their lives are turned over.

In the meantime, the people in power don't fight amonst themselves like that.

As long as we direct our mute rage toward one another, the owners are safe.

by Black female who's been on the MTAreply 3510/12/2012

She put the other passengers in danger and got just what she deserved.

by Black female who's been on the MTAreply 3710/12/2012

Best response ever.

by Black female who's been on the MTAreply 4010/12/2012

That was such a Rock 'em Sock 'em punch the other stupid bitch probably had to push the SHE A FEMALE's head back down.

The dumb cunt deserved it.

by Black female who's been on the MTAreply 4110/12/2012

She deserved what she got. I think her mouthing off and complaining by itself was justification. People need to be taught to show some respect to people who are just trying to do their job.

by Black female who's been on the MTAreply 4210/12/2012

I don't quite get it. You get on the bus, you pay your fare, you find a spot to sit or stand. At what point do you start bellowing at people and throwing your weight around? It is a 10 second exchange with the driver at most, so how does it end up with that madness from either party?

by Black female who's been on the MTAreply 4310/12/2012

Well, she was drunk, R43. So any slightest anything could have been interpreted as a provocation or aggression. No excuse. But you're question stands. I'm curious about the rapid escalation. I can't make out anything that's being said beyond a word here and there.

by Black female who's been on the MTAreply 4510/12/2012

she had it coming! *cues Chicago*

by Black female who's been on the MTAreply 4610/13/2012

K.O.!!! That was some Mortal Kombat shit! FINISH HER

by Black female who's been on the MTAreply 4910/13/2012

I can't stand videos edited like R40's. Everyone seems to be doing that shit on Youtube these days...thinking cutting to a new clip every two seconds makes their one-liners funnier. It's annoying and obnoxious. Just say your piece and be done with it.

by Black female who's been on the MTAreply 5010/13/2012

Cleveland is a joke. Did you read how they went undercover and found that black Cleveland bus drivers were letting black folks ride free over 90% of the time but making white and Latinos pay.

And when this was exposed, the black community cried racism against the newspaper and TV station.

by Black female who's been on the MTAreply 5110/13/2012

Maybe she was upset that he asked for money?

by Black female who's been on the MTAreply 5210/13/2012

Btw Is it known if that bus monitor, who got harassed by those little punks, ever got the money? I hope their will be an outpouring of solidarity for this guy too. People should not have to take that treatment lying down, not from teenage punks and not from adults like this crazy bitch.

by Black female who's been on the MTAreply 5310/13/2012

[quote]Some women think they can get physical with a man and not have some special protection against retaliation. Fuck that.

It's called a special invisibility cloak, like duh?

by Black female who's been on the MTAreply 5510/13/2012

How the fuck does it matter that she is a woman, idiot? What about thinking a 25 year old lunatic who attacks an elderly bus driver deserves to be cold-clocked.

by Black female who's been on the MTAreply 5710/13/2012

Then maybe the 100 lb black teenager shouldn't have hit the 220 lb man first.

by Black female who's been on the MTAreply 5910/13/2012

Someone left this comment on one of the sites linked to here: A simple public records background check shows that this fine young lady has a history of theft, disorderly conduct, assault, obstructing official business, telephone harassment and menacing. Mansfield area. See a pattern????? Lock the filth up.

Yes please, lock that filth up. I'm not sure I agree with the uppercut, but I can definitely see his frustration and losing it for a second. Unfortunately this man has a job that requires him to have to deal with the public in a way that doesn't involve violence. She had that coming to a certain extent, but this is not a man with a temperament for dealing with difficult passengers. He should retire and she should go to jail.

by Black female who's been on the MTAreply 6010/13/2012

I'm sorry that sort of "ghetto" behaviour is disgusting. From both parties.

by Black female who's been on the MTAreply 6210/13/2012

She is 25, on the height of her bodily fitness. She is not 100 pounds.

Still she seems to be weaker than him, so that means he must let her punch and spit on him as she sees fit and not get worked up, because hey, it's just a girl? Fucking insanity. She chose to attack him and deserves the same reaction as any adult. If she is too weak to fight, well than she is a moron to start fights, isn't she? Valuable lesson right there.

by Black female who's been on the MTAreply 6310/13/2012

Did you have to state that you are 'black',op? I seem to recall actor Matthew Fox slugging a female bus driver...

There are a lot of crazy people out there, of all stripes.You knew exactly what you were doing by posting that video.

by Black female who's been on the MTAreply 6510/13/2012

They put her cell phone on the police report, wonder how many angry men have called her by now?

Battering a city employee is not a minor crime R66, that would be a felony and that bitch deserves to be in jail. Wonder how many kids she would have to send to their 40 year old Grandma's house, while she's getting her ass beat by women who have gotten a lot worse than an uppercut.

by Black female who's been on the MTAreply 6710/13/2012

A refresher on the Matthew Fox incident:

by Black female who's been on the MTAreply 6810/13/2012

According to the article, the bus driver is 22, not "elderly." She shouldn't have touched him (and I don't even understand what started it in the first place). But since he had to pursue her in order to attack her, his attack wasn't in self-defense so much as it was in anger and revenge. I think he could have just as easily kicked her off the bus without getting as violent as he did.

by Black female who's been on the MTAreply 6910/13/2012

No, R69, the driver isn't 22 years old. He's a 22 year employee of the transit system, so the driver is probably in his 40's.

by Black female who's been on the MTAreply 7010/13/2012

R70, he's 59 years old, it says so in the police report.

by Black female who's been on the MTAreply 7110/13/2012

He was wrong to punch her. Period. She was a jerk, yes. She apparently spit on him and may have touched him. But his response was over the top. I could see if he stopped the bus and ordered her to get off OR even taken her arm to lead her off. These bus drivers - especially one who has been on the job so long - should know how to handle unruly passengers. He should have stopped the bus and called the police; if she hit him I would even think he would want to call the police and file a complaint of assault. But violence is not always the answer to violence.

And, R51, Cleveland is not a joke. There are a lot of great things happening here. There are crazy people everywhere and one or two negative stories does not make a city bad. If that were the case, New York City, LA, Chicago, Miami, etc would be the armpits of the nation.

by Black female who's been on the MTAreply 7210/13/2012

[quote]thank goodness it's not a racial thing this time.

Yes, it's just a concerned thread by a pack of gay men who just incidentally hate women and black people.

by Black female who's been on the MTAreply 7310/13/2012

That bus driver is black, you might have noticed?

by Black female who's been on the MTAreply 7410/13/2012

For all the people questioning why the incident escalated so quickly, we have no idea how long this was going on before someone started recording.

by Black female who's been on the MTAreply 7510/13/2012

Cold cock, not cold clock.

by Black female who's been on the MTAreply 7610/13/2012

If the punch killed her this thread would be very different

by Black female who's been on the MTAreply 7710/13/2012

Funny how gay men gloat when women get physically beat down; we'd never get that many "happy that bitch/cunt/fish got fucked up" if a man had behaved exactly that way towards a bus driver.

by Black female who's been on the MTAreply 7810/13/2012

I agree that DL doesn't like or support many women, or black people. But I think this has more to do with frustration over all the entitled assholes out there that you can't just slug. And really want to. And living vicariously through this guys punch.

I pretty much am.

by Black female who's been on the MTAreply 7910/13/2012

R78: True, and you'd never get all the "ghetto/hoodrat/those people" comments, to say nothing of a wholly gratuitous Michelle Obama photo, if the people involved weren't black and the posters (including OP) weren't white racists.

by Black female who's been on the MTAreply 8010/13/2012

The Michelle Obama pic makes me LOL!

by Black female who's been on the MTAreply 8110/13/2012

The thing is: He was at work and she wasn't.

He was representing his employer and is expected to respond responsibly. He should have called in transport or municipal police and let them arrest her.

His lack of self-control will, rightly, cost him a job -- and his employer a huge financial lost.

You may be gloating at this horrible woman getting a smack down, but she will get the last laugh. She's going to wind up with more money than most of you after her law suit.

by Black female who's been on the MTAreply 8210/13/2012

So what's on her Ipod?

Ill start.

Mama Said Knock You Out - LL Cool J

You Rock My World - Michael Jackson

Rosa Parks - Outkast

Love TKO - Teddy Pendergrass

by Black female who's been on the MTAreply 8310/13/2012

"The Main Event"

by Black female who's been on the MTAreply 8410/13/2012

Ipod:

Ice Cube - Check Yo Self (Before You Wreck Yo Self)

by Black female who's been on the MTAreply 8510/13/2012

Learned a great lesson from an MBTA driver in Boston once. He was being besieged by a group of four thugs who seemed intent on hurting them for ejecting them from the train. Knives were coming out, so he grabbed one of them and got him in a choke hold. Then he told the others he would break their friends neck if they didn't leave. He got the back doors open and a group of people left to call the cops. Everything turned out all right.

Years later I was being hassled by a group of 9 or 10 year olds who were intent on swarming me and robbing me. I did the same thing as this bus driver. ( I'm a woman 5' 5" and 120lbs.) Only I was on a wharf and threatened to chuck the kid in the water. His friends took off, and I was not robbed that day.

by Black female who's been on the MTAreply 8610/13/2012

Her weave was found in God's attic.

by Black female who's been on the MTAreply 8710/13/2012

Journey - Who's Crying Now

Dead Or Alive - You Spin Me Round

5ive - When the Lights Go Out

Olivia Newton John - Lets Get Physical

Beck - Everybody's Gotta Learn Sometimes

Elton John - I'm Still Standing

Faithless - Muhammad Ali

Paul Oakenfold - Starry Eyed Surprise

Blu Cantrell - Hit 'Em Up Style

Thompson Twins - Doctor Doctor

by Black female who's been on the MTAreply 8810/13/2012

MORE PEOPLE SHOULD DO THIS! SHE'S A CUNT!

by Black female who's been on the MTAreply 8910/13/2012

Wow R86, that's some story.

by Black female who's been on the MTAreply 9010/13/2012

I'm glad he hit her because she had it coming, but I agree it was the wrong thing to do. If he wasn't on the job - fine, have at it because you're protecting yourself. On the job? You have to find other ways. Plus, he would have had a really good case for assault against him, particularly for spitting in his mouth.

by Black female who's been on the MTAreply 9110/13/2012

Magic Bus

by Black female who's been on the MTAreply 9210/13/2012

R86, you are awesome!!!! I bet those brats never forgot that.

by Black female who's been on the MTAreply 9310/13/2012

What pisses me off is that the other passengers are giggling and videotaping this and enjoying the entertainment. Even when she hits him and spit on him all they do is "Ohhh" but when he DEFENDS HIMSELF they wanna step in and say "Oh, she's a female, you bad bad bad man"

Fuck this shit. This bitch got what she deserved. This is the new millennium BITCHES... you want full equality, you got it!

by Black female who's been on the MTAreply 9410/13/2012

He did a Mortal Kombat move on her.

Wendy Williams should have them on her show and Wendy should give that trash a real lashing. When Wendy used to do her radio show, she'd use the term 'negroidian' to describe the antics of this female. I love that word.

by Black female who's been on the MTAreply 9510/13/2012

R78, you're wrong. If it had been a man there wouldn't be ANYONE saying the driver was wrong.

by Black female who's been on the MTAreply 9610/13/2012

I don't care if you're a man or a woman, if you hit first, expect to be hit back. That woman was asking for it.

by Black female who's been on the MTAreply 9710/13/2012

The idea that someone would defend a young male thug who is attacking a bus driver and getting punched is ludicrous. There would be very little hesitation to laud the driver as a hero.

by Black female who's been on the MTAreply 9810/13/2012

R72... riiight, like holding her hand and leading her off the bus would happen as easily as you described. The bitch assaulted him, what makes you think she would comply with his wishes? The bitch got on the bus and did not want to pay when he asked her for the fare. He ordered her off the bus, thats when she started the melee, first with the arguing, then the assault on him. If he didn't defend himself what else would she have done? You damn punks are really fucked up to think that there is rationality in dealing with irrational and wild people.

by Black female who's been on the MTAreply 9910/13/2012

Of course you love the word, R95, you "caucasoidian"

by Black female who's been on the MTAreply 10010/13/2012

[quote]Then maybe the 100 lb black teenager shouldn't have hit the 220 lb man first.

...who was driving a bus full of passengers at the time.

He could have crashed and killed everyone.

They need to put her in stocks in the public square and let all the bus riders beat her with a stick.

by Black female who's been on the MTAreply 10110/13/2012

I'm so sick and tired of women thinking they get to do whatever they want to men without recourse.

It literally sickens me - including all of these knee-jerk responses saying that he was in the wrong.

Sometimes women like this NEED to be punched - it will save many people down the road from the same behavior.

Next time she goes off she may think - hey, I got hit last time, maybe I shouldn't do this. Then we're all better off.

Men know this, but women are supposed to get a free pass. FUCK THAT! If he gets suspended, hopefully she gets a prison term for assault.

by Black female who's been on the MTAreply 10410/13/2012

I am TOTALLY against a man hitting a woman, but that bitch deserved it.

Maybe now she'll think twice before mouthing off to/threatening a complete stranger, or anyone, for that matter.

by Black female who's been on the MTAreply 10510/13/2012

R106 - let me just say - she wasn't "acting like a man" - despite what the driver said.

There aren't too many men how would smack a driver and then spit in his mouth - unless he had a death wish.

She was acting like a provoking asshole - regardless of gender.

by Black female who's been on the MTAreply 10710/13/2012

My my my - look how Fox News cut out the fact that she hit him first and now she has manners.

Unbelievable.

by Black female who's been on the MTAreply 10810/13/2012

R72, you really think that crazy bitch was going to allow him to take her by the arm to get her off the bus? She was already menacing him, as soon as he took his hand to touch her arm to escort her off she would have lost her shit. This was an uncontrollable situation, he was menaced and she pushed him over the limit. I see shits like this here in NYC all the time, especially after school on the subways and buses near the public schools. They scream and act like lunatics, all for attention because they don't get any at home.

by Black female who's been on the MTAreply 10910/13/2012

Violence begets violence. Both were in the wrong - as a city employee (esp with a co-worker nearby) he should have been able to handle this young woman without putting himself in danger of losing his job. I'm hot-headed and I've even been slapped by a female co-worker in the midst of a heated debate years ago, but I would still NEVER throw a punch at someone. It gave me far greater satisfaction watching my assailant go through disciplinary proceedings and hearing her grovelling apology. She learned a lesson and knew she was lucky to keep her job.

If there's any justice the disrespectful bitch on the bus will have ABSOLUTELY no comeback and the assholes filming/laughing about the situation will hopefully learn a lesson too. I hope the bus driver will get a desk job or early retirement rather than any punitive action which ruins his life.

by Black female who's been on the MTAreply 11010/13/2012

Like she had a job...

Oh, when he popped her in the jaw, her weave-wig popped off.

She's our new Rosa Parks.

by Black female who's been on the MTAreply 11110/13/2012

Has Gloria Allred set up her podium in Cleveland yet?

by Black female who's been on the MTAreply 11210/13/2012

Attention idiot girl defenders.

1) The bus driver had no option to "walk away", the girl had EVERY opportunity to walk away.

2) The bus driver was OPERATING A MOVING BUS when she bitch slapped him. He could have crashed! People could have been killed!

3) He (safely) stopped the bus, got up, socked her in the head, and threw her crazy ass off the bus. BRAVO!

She started the physical assault, not in some random location, but against the driver operating a bus that was full of people.

This is self defense not only of the bus driver, but ever passenger on that bus. Many people were in danger because of that stupid cunt.

by Black female who's been on the MTAreply 11310/13/2012

Why didn't anyone stand up to this girl? The bus was moving and she was distracting the driver. You would think at least one person would try to make sure this fool didn't get everyone killed. There was no recourse for the driver to take but to "neutralize the threat" so to speak.

by Black female who's been on the MTAreply 11410/13/2012

I applaud the man BUT.... he should have thrown her off the bus when she started. Unfortunately he is going to lose his job for this.

by Black female who's been on the MTAreply 11510/13/2012

It would have been better if he stopped the bus and dragged her off it, closed the door and drove away.

But I DO understand his rage in that moment.

by Black female who's been on the MTAreply 11610/13/2012

I don't think you're laughing at all R117. I think you're sitting there seething in judgement as you pretend to know what other people are thinking.

by Black female who's been on the MTAreply 11810/13/2012

Why are people trying to spin this as HIS fault? The bitch clearly sought our a confrontation and she got one, as well as her fucking weave flying off!!

by Black female who's been on the MTAreply 11910/13/2012

I wish the video would have a Batman punch graphic added, and the sound of the impact increased. Some CGI teeth flying out would be cool too.

by Black female who's been on the MTAreply 12010/13/2012

Judge Judy would rule in his favor. She said to one girl who struck her boyfriend that everyone male or female has a right to defend themselves.

by Black female who's been on the MTAreply 12110/13/2012

I'm a RN and we get attacked by patients all the time. I only wish this guy had hit her harder. Just because we're city employees does not make us punching bags.

by Black female who's been on the MTAreply 12210/13/2012

CUNT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by Black female who's been on the MTAreply 12310/13/2012

REMIX!

by Black female who's been on the MTAreply 12510/13/2012

MORTALLLLL KOMBATTTT!!!

by Black female who's been on the MTAreply 12710/14/2012

raaaaaaaacit, 128. How dare you use the "f" word and call us "folks" your disgusting racism and derogatory terms have no place in civilized society. how would you like to be called names like "folk"

by Black female who's been on the MTAreply 12810/14/2012

He should have just called the police. Most bus drivers do that when they have problems on the bus. He did not respond appropriately. Her criminal background has nothing to do with this.

by Black female who's been on the MTAreply 13110/14/2012

Sure it does, r133.

Obviously she's assaulted people before so she thinks it's ok. It shows a history of her cuntiness and should be taken into consideration.

Who is she going to punch next? An airline pilot? A cop? You?

by Black female who's been on the MTAreply 13210/14/2012

Hey R131, I'm the OP of this thread. I'm neither faggot, nor male, nor white. I live with hoodrats, and this chick IS A HOODRAT.

by Black female who's been on the MTAreply 13310/14/2012

R134 I think her punching days may be over

by Black female who's been on the MTAreply 13410/14/2012

If you truly are 'black' or 'non white',r134,then you should have known by now the kind of reaction posting that video on DL would do. And you should look inside yourself and ask why you felt the need to do it when you know how people on this board fell about other people of color-especially when they 'show their ass'

And r130-I'm sure joking but you and op should ask yourself this question-does a complete stranger in another part of the country-or world for that matter-who has nothing more in common with you than skin complexion-decides to act a fool in a public setting,do you think that has something to do with you? That girl is only an embarrassment to HERSELF and maybe the family that 'raised' her.

Unfortunately, a self hating racist like George Zimmerman ascribes behavior like this to an entire group of people and decides to confront an innocent black kid simply because he was 'walking while black'

Whoever that girl is,she has absolutely nothing in common with anyone I know,except a shared skin tone.

by Black female who's been on the MTAreply 13510/14/2012

Anyone who calls women fish doesn't care one bit about treating women equally to men - except in situations like these. Then all of a sudden they care very much.

by Black female who's been on the MTAreply 13810/14/2012

Bus Drivers are the most exposed of all. They should have barriers or something to protect them from nasty drunks, like bank tellers.

by Black female who's been on the MTAreply 13910/14/2012

I completely agree with a protector wall. A pope mobile kind of thing.

by Black female who's been on the MTAreply 14010/14/2012

R144, that's real deep thinking there. What's the matter. Did the aliens forget to remove the anal probe again?

by Black female who's been on the MTAreply 14310/14/2012

My white sister used to pull shit like this woman did. If a man spoke to her in a way she didn't like, she'd tell him to stfu. If he persisted, she'd throw a punch. Only one man ever hit her back.

She was beaten to death by her bf in a fist-fight that she instigated.

RIP Celeste

by Black female who's been on the MTAreply 14410/14/2012

Sorry, R146, that's awful. I hope you and your nephew are OK.

by Black female who's been on the MTAreply 14510/14/2012

How do you know she instigated it? Were you there?

by Black female who's been on the MTAreply 14610/14/2012

The comments

by Black female who's been on the MTAreply 14710/14/2012

Petitioning CLEVELAND TRANSIT AUTHORITY: GIVE BUS DRIVER HIS JOB BACK!

by Black female who's been on the MTAreply 14810/14/2012

Inspiration

by Black female who's been on the MTAreply 14910/15/2012

you can't

by Black female who's been on the MTAreply 15010/15/2012

[quote] He should have just called the police. Most bus drivers do that when they have problems on the bus. He did not respond appropriately.

No. Have you taken leave of your senses? That bus driver needed to immobilize her immediately. She posed a danger to him, his passengers and those on the road. A bus out of control is pretty dangerous.

She had already been threatening for a while and then she started to choke him and punch him. That assault had to be stopped immediately and that danger to him and other passengers removed immediately. And was he to guess if this violent and out of control woman had a weapon?

He punched her. He didn't cut her arm off. Men get punched all the time and recover. She'll survive. She got right back up to continue her attack on him didn't she?

I think he was rather brave. I think that she became violent when he started teasing her and the passengers started laughing at her. She needs to be barred from using public transportation in Cleveland for a good amount of time and barred from any route that driver is on. She can fucking walk.

by Black female who's been on the MTAreply 15110/15/2012

Black people are funny/

by Black female who's been on the MTAreply 15210/15/2012

I signed the petition @r150.

by Black female who's been on the MTAreply 15310/15/2012

It's been meme-ified.

by Black female who's been on the MTAreply 15410/15/2012

[quote]She had already been threatening for a while

At the very first threat stop the bus and dial 911. Why are the bus drivers of Cleveland not given any training/rules on how to deal with this not-that-uncommon urban occurrence? If he did not break any bus company rules/training, he needs to sue to get his job back since it is not illegal to defend yourself after someone assaults you which is legally what she did if she put her hands on him and, worse, spit on him.

by Black female who's been on the MTAreply 15510/15/2012

from the Facebook responses, it seems that it is the white population that says,"He should have called the police. " The black population responds," She should have had her ass beaten."Perhaps it's similar to white mothers who say to a children throwing a tantrum," Now Aiden, you're going to have to have a time out," and the AA mother who just hauls off and slaps the kid across the butt.

by Black female who's been on the MTAreply 15610/15/2012

He shouldn't have decked her. The bus company will get sued and he could lose his job if the petitions don't work. He should have grabbed her and taken her off the bus. If she continued to escalate the situation he should have called the police. But they must create some kind of barrier so that drunken teens can't make physical contact with the driver. It would protect the driver and all of the passengers.

by Black female who's been on the MTAreply 15710/15/2012

R159, her initial assaultive behavior should cut the chain of any liability. Plus good luck to her finding a jury to side with her. All her background will come out at trial.

The bus driver's statement to the police that she punched him, spat at him and started to CHOKE him is all he needs to establish self-defense. The bus company cannot take away his right to self defense and by all credible acounts so far plus the video he has that in spades.

by Black female who's been on the MTAreply 15810/16/2012

[quote]But they must create some kind of barrier so that drunken teens can't make physical contact with the driver. It would protect the driver and all of the passengers.

C'mon, who's going to pay for that? It's cheaper to beat her ass down. Problem solved.

by Black female who's been on the MTAreply 16010/16/2012

Fair post, r160.

The exception though is the one noted upthread: did he act accordingly to company policy in his handling of the entire incident?

Yes, at the point where he assaulted her, he was acting defensively; however, if the company has a zero tolerance policy, he should have kicked her off the bus when she was verbally abusive.

The company could argue that because he didn't handle the incident by the book, he put himself in the situation where he had to get physical.

by Black female who's been on the MTAreply 16110/16/2012

[quote]That bus driver needed to immobilize her immediately.

Which a man his size could have easily done without the massive punch to her throat. Complete overreaction - understandable, but wrong.

by Black female who's been on the MTAreply 16210/16/2012

Looks like Cleveland's RTA does have some balls. They are filing a misdemeanor charge against spitting hoodrat Shidea Lane.

Driver remains suspended without pay.

by Black female who's been on the MTAreply 16310/18/2012

76% positive. Brings tears to my eyes seeing us be that sensible at last.

by Black female who's been on the MTAreply 16410/18/2012

Shidea Lane???

Classic.

by Black female who's been on the MTAreply 16510/18/2012

[bold] Criminal Charges Filed Against Cleveland Bus Driver, Unruly Passenger Seen In Viral "Uppercut" Video [/bold]

by Black female who's been on the MTAreply 16610/18/2012

How did it all turn out?

by Black female who's been on the MTAreply 16711/24/2012

If you look at the second video in the linked article R43, you can see that she argues with him for about two to three minutes before he hits her.

I have to agree that she deserved it, but I'm wondering what people here would be saying if either part were white.

by Black female who's been on the MTAreply 16811/24/2012

This sums it up. That's all.

by Black female who's been on the MTAreply 16911/24/2012

We watch these ghetto fights all the time. They're funny as hell. Here's another one in the woman asking for it genre.

by Black female who's been on the MTAreply 17011/24/2012

And possibly the best one.

by Black female who's been on the MTAreply 17111/24/2012

and a pack of teens picking on a senior until guess what....they get a senior moment.

by Black female who's been on the MTAreply 17211/24/2012

Sadly, even if the bus driver is vindicated, he will be a target now.

He was just having a bad day and overreacted- with unfortunate results.

And they wonder why more people don't ride public transportation!

by Black female who's been on the MTAreply 17311/24/2012

Meanwhile, on the rear stage..

by Black female who's been on the MTAreply 17411/24/2012

What preceded the video clip? How did this argument start? Before they start hitting each other, he was doing his best to goad her along, saying things like "I'll bring my daughter up here to whoop your ass, I'll bring my granddaughter up here to whoop your ass". Before she supposedly spat in his mouth (I can't actually make that bit out from the video) he had charmingly threatened her with "somebody to slice your face up". This bus driver had the worst training ever for dealing with recalcitrant passengers. And what was that other bus employee doing, just standing there?

There should be guidelines for how to deal with unruly customers, which don't involve punching them in the face (especially when you are male and they are a much smaller female), choking them, pulling their head around by their hair, and literally throwing them off the bus. In fact, there probably are such guidelines and this driver didn't make any effort to follow them, violated them and did his best to escalate the problem. I wonder what that says about his driving style.

by Black female who's been on the MTAreply 17511/24/2012

"Well, I looked up from reading the Holy Scriptures and proceeded to search my purse for the change my Ontie had given me to go to the homeless shelter and administer to the poor... when all of a sudden-- [dissolves into tears] "

by Black female who's been on the MTAreply 17611/24/2012

And, this wasn't self-defence: self-defence is when you attempt to stop someone as they are attacking you. Here, she had moved away from him, he stopped the bus, got out from his seat, went up to her and punched her in the face. His closing statement "you wanna be a man, I'm gonna treat you like a man" shows he's a fairly beligerant and probably aggressive individual himself, who thinks an argument in a workplace situation is a "competition" to be won, not a situation that needs to be defused.

The driver did everything he could to escalate the situation - and most of the time he was arguing with her, he was also driving the bus, without a care for the safety of his other passengers.

by Black female who's been on the MTAreply 17711/24/2012

r177, r179, did you watch the video? Who do you think these people are, Harvard debate school students? Bus companies don't have the funds to provide drivers with 4 years of psychology training to talk down drugged up, gutter trash. The driver was attempting to do his job while being abused by a foul-mouth nut. She got what she deserved.

by Black female who's been on the MTAreply 17811/24/2012

Yeah, I saw the video and I saw him behaving completely inappropriately, doing his best to escalate the tension and acting in violation of his company training. You don't need 4 years of psychology training to be aware that in a situation like that you de-escalate the tension not add to it, especially for someone who works with people all day long and it would be highly surprising if this is the first time he's had a problem passenger.

His employer, the RTA, had this to say:

"The employee handbook says an employee can be discharged if he uses overt force, strikes ... a member of the public," she said. "We understand he feels that his actions were in self-defense, but we disagree. The appropriate action should have been to pull over the bus and alert transit police and let them handle it."

He has been fired for violating his employer's regulations, which are in place for good reason.

The driver said "I've run over those events in my mind 1,000 times and I don't know what I could have done differently." How about not answering her back to start with, especially since you were still driving the bus? Follow your company's regulations and once you saw she was getting aggressive park the bus and call the transit police? Even if you felt agry, try and control your anger so you at least just punch her, not choke her, drag her by the hair and throw her off the bus?

She should be prosecuted for whatever she can be prosecuted with as well, and so should he.

by Black female who's been on the MTAreply 17911/24/2012

R182=R131

by Black female who's been on the MTAreply 18111/25/2012
Need more help? Click Here.