Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Ian Thorpe - Autobiography (2012)

According to The Age newspaper:

[quote] For the record, I am not gay and all my sexual experiences have been straight. I'm attracted to women, I love children and aspire to have a family one day

[quote] In an article accompanying an extract from his autobiography, Thorpe said he was confident he would soon find a partner.

[quote] 'In fact, I have someone in mind who I got introduced to by a friend,' he told journalist Jane Wheatley. Is she Australian? He won't say. How long has he known her? 'A few months.' He says his grandmother gave him some advice: 'She said, 'Marry someone much younger, that way as you get older, she is always going to look better.'

by Anonymousreply 2207/14/2014

[quote]For the record, I am not gay

Bull. Shit.

by Anonymousreply 110/12/2012

I thought he came out?

Who was the swimmer that came out?

by Anonymousreply 210/13/2012

I'm not sure if this led to your confusion r2, but someone started a thread here 2 months ago with a misleading title.

It said Ian Thorpe finally comes out. Really it was just an interview where he was evasive, but he didn't say he was gay.

by Anonymousreply 310/13/2012

I've had him

by Anonymousreply 410/13/2012

Any pictures of Ian Thorpe presenting his "very dark place"?

by Anonymousreply 510/13/2012

[quote]For the record, I am not gay and all my sexual experiences have been straight. I'm attracted to women, I love children and aspire to have a family one day

He has a point here. Gay people are all notoriously misogynistic and known for their disdain for children and aversion to families.

by Anonymousreply 610/13/2012

He's using the 'just haven't met the right girl' excuse? I doubt even his Grams believes he's straight.

I don't much care about Thorpie but the emphatic, humourless declarations of his heterosexuality are creepy and robotic (not to mention homophobic, as r6 points out). Now I do hope he is outed. What a twat.

by Anonymousreply 710/13/2012

[quote]Marry someone much younger, that way as you get older, she is always going to look better.'

not necessarily

by Anonymousreply 810/13/2012

Me thinks Ian doth protest too much.

by Anonymousreply 910/13/2012

I'd say that there's a reasonable degree of doubt on most "is he or she gay" speculations, but I don't buy for a split second that Thorpe is straight. Maybe the extent of his sexual experiences has been one or two complete failures with women in a desperate attempt to convince himself that he's into them?

If Thorpe was straight, with his fame, money and the fact that he was a sporting hero, he would've paraded at least a few of his conquests to the world, especially once he retired and was no longer "too busy to date".

I don't understand this approach. If he is gay, he's forced himself so far into the closet that I doubt he could ever come out (even in private).

by Anonymousreply 1110/13/2012

[quote]He says his grandmother gave him some advice: 'She said, 'Marry someone much younger, that way as you get older, she is always going to look better.'

For the record, not even I am *that* big a superficial cunt of a grandmother! (As you can probably tell in my son George's choice of wives. Laura and I get alone alright, but in her heart of hearts, she knows she's homely.)

by Anonymousreply 1210/13/2012

Maybe he is straight. If he is, then he's the prissiest, nelliest straight man Australia has ever produced.

by Anonymousreply 1310/13/2012

How very Ricky Martin of him.

You know, before Ricky made the big announcement.

by Anonymousreply 1410/13/2012

[quote]I'm attracted to women, I love children and aspire to have a family one day.

Me too, although I wasn't greedy enough to want a whole family.

by Anonymousreply 1510/13/2012

R3 is an idiot. Yes, that one minor thread really shattered worlds, rearranging everyone's opinion of poor, poor Ian Thorpe.

by Anonymousreply 1610/13/2012

If he thinks his depression is the very dark place of his that people care to see, he's a much a fool as he is a closet case.

by Anonymousreply 1710/13/2012

He used the dreaded expression "accused of being gay."

That horrible perversion/crime/sin people get "accused" of.

by Anonymousreply 1810/13/2012

This is funny in light of his recent coming out

by Anonymousreply 1907/13/2014

"I am not gay and all my sexual experiences have been straight."

My experiences have all been straight - straight for the next man!

by Anonymousreply 2007/14/2014

He seems to be saying in his interview that he's never had a gay experience and only just realised he was gay a few weeks ago. My sources tell me otherwise, and have done so for the better part of a decade.

by Anonymousreply 2107/14/2014

"He seems to be saying in his interview that he's never had a gay experience and only just realised he was gay a few weeks ago."

I wonder if he is spinning that tale so that he can maintain the fiction that he wasn't TECHNICALLY lying.

by Anonymousreply 2207/14/2014
Need more help? Click Here.