Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Ian Thorpe - Autobiography (2012)

According to The Age newspaper:

[quote] For the record, I am not gay and all my sexual experiences have been straight. I'm attracted to women, I love children and aspire to have a family one day

[quote] In an article accompanying an extract from his autobiography, Thorpe said he was confident he would soon find a partner.

[quote] 'In fact, I have someone in mind who I got introduced to by a friend,' he told journalist Jane Wheatley. Is she Australian? He won't say. How long has he known her? 'A few months.' He says his grandmother gave him some advice: 'She said, 'Marry someone much younger, that way as you get older, she is always going to look better.'

by Anonymousreply 2207/14/2014

[quote]For the record, I am not gay

Bull. Shit.

by Anonymousreply 110/12/2012

I thought he came out?

Who was the swimmer that came out?

by Anonymousreply 210/12/2012

I'm not sure if this led to your confusion r2, but someone started a thread here 2 months ago with a misleading title.

It said Ian Thorpe finally comes out. Really it was just an interview where he was evasive, but he didn't say he was gay.

by Anonymousreply 310/12/2012

I've had him

by Anonymousreply 410/12/2012

Any pictures of Ian Thorpe presenting his "very dark place"?

by Anonymousreply 510/12/2012

[quote]For the record, I am not gay and all my sexual experiences have been straight. I'm attracted to women, I love children and aspire to have a family one day

He has a point here. Gay people are all notoriously misogynistic and known for their disdain for children and aversion to families.

by Anonymousreply 610/12/2012

He's using the 'just haven't met the right girl' excuse? I doubt even his Grams believes he's straight.

I don't much care about Thorpie but the emphatic, humourless declarations of his heterosexuality are creepy and robotic (not to mention homophobic, as r6 points out). Now I do hope he is outed. What a twat.

by Anonymousreply 710/12/2012

[quote]Marry someone much younger, that way as you get older, she is always going to look better.'

not necessarily

by Anonymousreply 810/12/2012

Me thinks Ian doth protest too much.

by Anonymousreply 910/12/2012

Oh boo hoo hoo, the poor mad is sad.

It's funny how in poor countries this depression bullshit doesn't exist. I guess everyone is too worried about where their next meal is coming from to give a rat's ass about being blue.

Of course the liberal 'mos will defend him because he's cute. Unlike when Louie Anderson came out and you all told him to take his fat self back into the closet.

I can guarantee you if Mr Ian, "My greatest accomplishment in life is swimming from one side of a pool to the other" had to get a REAL job at McDonalds or Taco Bell, making minimum wage, he'd be too damn tired at night to worry about being sad.

by Anonymousreply 1010/13/2012

I'd say that there's a reasonable degree of doubt on most "is he or she gay" speculations, but I don't buy for a split second that Thorpe is straight. Maybe the extent of his sexual experiences has been one or two complete failures with women in a desperate attempt to convince himself that he's into them?

If Thorpe was straight, with his fame, money and the fact that he was a sporting hero, he would've paraded at least a few of his conquests to the world, especially once he retired and was no longer "too busy to date".

I don't understand this approach. If he is gay, he's forced himself so far into the closet that I doubt he could ever come out (even in private).

by Anonymousreply 1110/13/2012

[quote]He says his grandmother gave him some advice: 'She said, 'Marry someone much younger, that way as you get older, she is always going to look better.'

For the record, not even I am *that* big a superficial cunt of a grandmother! (As you can probably tell in my son George's choice of wives. Laura and I get alone alright, but in her heart of hearts, she knows she's homely.)

by Anonymousreply 1210/13/2012

Maybe he is straight. If he is, then he's the prissiest, nelliest straight man Australia has ever produced.

by Anonymousreply 1310/13/2012

How very Ricky Martin of him.

You know, before Ricky made the big announcement.

by Anonymousreply 1410/13/2012

[quote]I'm attracted to women, I love children and aspire to have a family one day.

Me too, although I wasn't greedy enough to want a whole family.

by Anonymousreply 1510/13/2012

R3 is an idiot. Yes, that one minor thread really shattered worlds, rearranging everyone's opinion of poor, poor Ian Thorpe.

by Anonymousreply 1610/13/2012

If he thinks his depression is the very dark place of his that people care to see, he's a much a fool as he is a closet case.

by Anonymousreply 1710/13/2012

He used the dreaded expression "accused of being gay."

That horrible perversion/crime/sin people get "accused" of.

by Anonymousreply 1810/13/2012

This is funny in light of his recent coming out

by Anonymousreply 1907/13/2014

"I am not gay and all my sexual experiences have been straight."

My experiences have all been straight - straight for the next man!

by Anonymousreply 2007/14/2014

He seems to be saying in his interview that he's never had a gay experience and only just realised he was gay a few weeks ago. My sources tell me otherwise, and have done so for the better part of a decade.

by Anonymousreply 2107/14/2014

"He seems to be saying in his interview that he's never had a gay experience and only just realised he was gay a few weeks ago."

I wonder if he is spinning that tale so that he can maintain the fiction that he wasn't TECHNICALLY lying.

by Anonymousreply 2207/14/2014
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!