Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

CNN and "the draw" last night. WTF?

I've been on a few different message boards today, and people are questioning CNN's alleged "draw" for Biden and Ryan. No one is understading how they came to that decision.

I was listening to WBLS going into work today and the woman who does the news actually said that while many thought Biden won the debate, for some weird reason CNN declared a draw, in spite of the fact that Ryan was evasive and resorted to stock answers for many questions. I was surprised (but glad) that she was so blunt.

What did Ryan do that was so great last night?

by Anonymousreply 2610/13/2012

Nothing OP.

It's CNN, which still employs anti-gay, fat-ass, Roland Martin.

THREAD CLOSED.

by Anonymousreply 110/12/2012

Roland's a liberal unlike Wolf/Anderson/Candy Crowley/John King and the rest of those wingnuts. I'm glad he's there to shut them down when they start talking about how amazing Romney/Ryan is and how much Obama is hated.

Ryan did not win the debate but CNN is so far up the GOP's ass that they tried to skew things by sampling more Republicans than Dems on their poll, they admitted to it.

by Anonymousreply 210/12/2012

Isn't Roland Martin also supporting Obama?

Anyways, CNN wants to get itself out of a ratings rut and it is doing so by emulating FoxNews. Since Fox News carries the ratings, CNN probably figures that the conservative is insatiable.

I remember reading that the man who is heading the programming used to work at Fox. I can't remember his name. He's leaving his post though. I would almost bet that he's responsible for CNN quick turn to the right.

by Anonymousreply 310/12/2012

People thought that Ryan drank with aplomb.

by Anonymousreply 410/12/2012

CNN is desperate for ratings so they are trying to be another fox noise. They will get farther and farther to the right in their sad attempt to get the white supremacist crowd away from faux noise.

by Anonymousreply 510/12/2012

Even stranger:

Mark Halperin gave Ryan a B and Biden a B-

by Anonymousreply 610/12/2012

I hate that Candy Crowley will be moderating the next debate. She's just going to bash Obama and try to make things nice for Mittens.

by Anonymousreply 710/12/2012

Democrats can never win on Fox and the best they can hope for on CNN is a draw.

by Anonymousreply 810/12/2012

CNN is full of Malarkey.

by Anonymousreply 910/12/2012

Even an article on the imdb says it was a draw. We have to face it that it's the MSM meme is that it was a draw despite the reality of the situation.

by Anonymousreply 1010/12/2012

R6? It's Mark Halperin. He's a fucking tool who is more concerned with the number of invites he gets to DC cocktail parties than journalistic integrity - like Andrea Mitchell who is painful to watch for so many reasons.

And I love R9.

by Anonymousreply 1110/12/2012

The poll is based on people who called in, right? It's not necessarily a representative sample.

by Anonymousreply 1210/12/2012

R12, you mean the 48/44 one?

They waited until today to admit they oversampled Republicans.

FUCK CNN.

by Anonymousreply 1310/12/2012

Isn't Mark Halperin the one who called Obama a "dick" when he didn't know his mike was on?

by Anonymousreply 1410/12/2012

That's basically the charge of Woodward N. Bernstein's latest book on Obama.

by Anonymousreply 1510/12/2012

R13 - yes.

I don't think it was deliberate attempt on CNN to tip the balance, but rather that more Republicans watched the debates.

by Anonymousreply 1610/12/2012

Add Gloria Borger to that list, R2. She's simply a skinnier, prettier version of Candy Crowely.

by Anonymousreply 1710/12/2012

With the media projecting a tight race it should help to get people off their asses and vote.

If they were projecting a shoe in for Obama, I'd worry that many democrats wouldn't vote.

by Anonymousreply 1810/12/2012

CNN's a mess. It's faux-Fox, pretending to be "balanced" and ending up being nothing but phony.

What sort of producer thinks people WANT to watch the likes of Mary Matalin and Wolf Blitzer?

At least Fox doesn't mince around its preferences. There is some honor (not a lot) in that.

by Anonymousreply 1910/12/2012

CNN has decided that they have enough liberals as viewers and they won't compete with MSNBC for that demographic. They want to have the people at Fox News say "CNN agrees with us at Fox News" so that Fox's viewers might give CNN a second look and start migrating back to them. They've staked out who they want to win and will slant things to get conservatives and independents to return to them as the best news source.

by Anonymousreply 2010/12/2012

Not happening, R20.

They're at a 20 year low ratings-wise specifically because their faux objectivity has cost them viewers.

by Anonymousreply 2110/12/2012

R17, true except for the "pretty" part. I don't find Borger attractive.

by Anonymousreply 2210/12/2012

Piers Morgan said he thought Biden won, and that he was surprised by the poll.

by Anonymousreply 2310/13/2012

CNN has issues because the State Department blasted them for their handling of Christopher Stevens' personal journal.

by Anonymousreply 2410/13/2012

Two seconds after the debate ended, I turned to CNN and immediately Wolf Blitzer was saying he thought it was a draw.

I've grown to hate Wolf.

by Anonymousreply 2510/13/2012

Wow, I'm surprised Piers pried his lips off Romney/Ryan's asses.

by Anonymousreply 2610/13/2012
Need more help? Click Here.