Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Romney's Company Forces U.S. Flag to Be Lowered in Illinois

It took place as Chinese workers replaced U.S. workers losing their jobs. Chinese flag replacing US flag Courtesy: Politico

(WASHINGTON DC) - If Mitt Romney is elected president, the American flag itself may actually be restricted from flying in the United States. That word comes from employees losing their jobs in Freeport, Illinois.

The Presidential Candidate holds major stock in a company called Sensata. The company recently made factory officials take down the American flag when they were forced to train their Chinese replacement workers, according to Tom Gaulrapp, with the United Steelworkers Union.

Right now in Freeport, Illinois, some 170 workers at an auto sensor plant are sleeping in tents to protest Bain-owned Sensata Technology’s decision to ship their jobs to China.

Romney claims he knows nothing about this. But the New York Times explains: “[Mitt Romney] owns about $8 million worth of Bain funds that hold 51 percent of Sensata’s shares. If Sensata saves money by closing the Freeport plant, that could add money to Mr. Romney’s trust accounts, now or after the election.”

This is taking place as Mitt Romney tries to convince people to believe that he doesn’t know about Bain's shipping American jobs overseas. He is trying to distance himself from Bain Capital, a pioneer of outsourcing where Romney made a fortune as CEO.

Another employee losing her job, Mary Jo Kerr, is a young mom of three. She's heartbroken because she can’t afford dance lessons for her daughter. Another is Dot Turner, so close to retirement, but will not receive it. Instead Dot will get just 26 weeks’ severance for 43 years of work in the plant.

by Anonymousreply 3210/16/2012

bump

by Anonymousreply 110/12/2012

That this election is so close proves that Americans are idiots. Just fucking idiots. Put us all out of work as long as you and your useless sons make more and more money you vile asshole.

by Anonymousreply 210/12/2012

Romney is a lying cunting liar

by Anonymousreply 310/12/2012

[quote]Romney claims he knows nothing about this. But the New York Times explains: “[Mitt Romney] owns about $8 million worth of Bain funds that hold 51 percent of Sensata’s shares. If Sensata saves money by closing the Freeport plant, that could add money to Mr. Romney’s trust accounts, now or after the election.”

Rmoney's excuse: "I have those funds in a blind trust. I'm running for President, for Pete's sake!"

He is a disgusting, despicable, vile creature and the worst embodiment of vulture capitalism. It is shocking that so many Americans are apparently willing to place even an iota of trust in this bastard. Giving him the keys to the White House is like putting the fox in charge of the hen house -- and I mean no disrespect to foxes.

For years, he was more than happy to raid and loot companies leaving them bankrupt, their employees without jobs, and their retirees without a pension. Nothing other than barely legal theft.

And foolish people somehow believe that he is not going to practice his brand of chicanery on the U.S. -- if by some unlucky happenstance he becomes President.

by Anonymousreply 410/13/2012

You won't here anything about this on FOX news

by Anonymousreply 510/13/2012

You won't be hearing any outrage from any Republican voters either. Yes, these are the same ones that ripped into Obama for not having a flag pin or something stupid four years ago...

by Anonymousreply 610/13/2012

What has happened to the fucking U.S.? How can people be so cold to this?

by Anonymousreply 710/13/2012

Obama needs to get an ad up in the swing states about this.

Every American should be outraged that this company was flying a Chinese flag on U.S. soil as they were taking our jobs to China.

This is the Bain (Romney) way to do business. Maximize profits at all cost.

by Anonymousreply 810/13/2012

Also, once those jobs were shipped to China, the workers were paid a whopping 99 cents an hour.

by Anonymousreply 910/13/2012

There are groups of people employed at this company starting protests publicly and driving buses with those put out of work and their supporters called Bain Buses. Hopefully they will spread the word about this vile piece of excrement who would squash the middle class. One of the spokesmen, a woman who has worked there for almost 30 years, was on a video on yahoo, talking about how people made a good living with this and now do not know what they are going to do. Also, apparently the Romney camp tried to keep this quiet until after the election but it got out and this plant will be shut down on November 5, 2012, the day before the election. Obama's people need to get this word out.

by Anonymousreply 1010/13/2012

Why hasn't this gone viral? Big Bird they fucking move on and have an ad out in 18 hours, but this? *crickets*

Someone on the Obama campaign needs to get their ass in gear.

by Anonymousreply 1110/13/2012

no kidding

by Anonymousreply 1210/14/2012

Agree, this should be featured much more prominently in the last few weeks of this campaign.

by Anonymousreply 1310/14/2012

I wonder if that's part of Romney's plan all along that he delivers so much ammo to the Obama campaign that the Obama campaign staff is so overwhelmed from choosing which to use when?

by Anonymousreply 1410/14/2012

YOu know the time for getting new ads up is about over. People won't see them enough for them to have an impact. It takes a minimum of twelve exposures for a person to be affected by advertising. But if I had one ad to run, it would be of ordinary people endorsing Obama and telling their story. All the rest has been done to death.

by Anonymousreply 1510/14/2012

Not true R15. I saw that Big Bird ad running on SNL last night. They got that up and running in a matter of days.

by Anonymousreply 1610/14/2012

In France, they would burn that Chinese flag.

by Anonymousreply 1710/14/2012

It's a symbol of something much larger, R18. That's why there is an issue with the confederate flag. A nazi swastika also is symbolic, which is why people get concerned when others carry it or plaster it on something. Symbols can carry a lot of importance. Destroying a valued symbol is one step short of destroying what it represents.

by Anonymousreply 1910/14/2012

R10 is absolutely right.

by Anonymousreply 2010/14/2012

lm

by Anonymousreply 2110/14/2012

Why isn't this on NBC, CBS and ABC? A Chinese flag flying over a factory owned by Bain, a factory Romney invested in and put American workers out of business.

Seriously, why isn't the American TV media covering this? Why doesn't someone make that Republican suckup Jan Crawford, who covers Romney for CBS, get her sorry ass out in front of this factory and explain the Chinese flag there?

by Anonymousreply 2210/14/2012

It sounds like a perfect story for Fox, except that part about it making Romney look sleazy. Really, what could be more symbolically anti-American?

by Anonymousreply 2310/14/2012

and therein lies the dilemma.

by Anonymousreply 2410/14/2012

[quote]why isn't the American TV media covering this?

The same media that called the VP debate "a draw"?

by Anonymousreply 2510/14/2012

I just sent a Tweet to an operative with Obama's PAC asking whether an ad had been done on this? There is an article in the NY Times and more places need to pick up on it, because it is a real example of comments made that Mitt said were lies or exaggerations.

by Anonymousreply 2610/14/2012

I read on Daily Kos that the Chinese flag was not flown at the U.S. location. The photos showing the Chinese flag flying were determined to have been at the location in China.

However, Bain did have the U.S. flag lowered while the Chinese workers were at the U.S. location being trained. That part of the story is true. That alone is indefensible IMHO.

I just want us to have our facts right.

by Anonymousreply 2710/14/2012

This story (even the modified version right above my post) would be on DRUDGE with **BREAKING NEWS*** red light flashing AND on Fox News 24/7 if it were Obama's company.

by Anonymousreply 2810/14/2012

This is huge on twitter (it's trended several times, and my feed is full of it)

But you haven't really heard about it on main stream media outlets... at least that I've noticed.

This SHOULD kill his campaign.

But there have been so many other things that should have sunk it too.

You have to wonder...

by Anonymousreply 2910/15/2012

[quote]But you haven't really heard about it on main stream media outlets

Nor are we very likely to. They have a script to follow: i.e., that the polls have narrowed and this is a horse race.

That's it. If you listen to most newscasts about the election, it is driven almost entirely by numbers -- as if the numbers are the story -- while remaining silent on any actual content.

by Anonymousreply 3010/15/2012

how horrible that they had to train their Chinese replacements!!

by Anonymousreply 3110/16/2012

Why do Republicans hate America?

by Anonymousreply 3210/16/2012
Need more help? Click Here.