Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Erica Hill ***QUITS*** CBS To Jump To NBC Today Show!

Though she was replaced by Norah O'Donnell on CBS This Morning, Erica was still under contract to CBS.

No longer.

Erica Hill will start off at Weekend Today. Hill will anchor alongside Lester Holt on Saturdays.

But she will also pinch-hit on the weekdays as News reader and fill-in co-host.

Should Savannah start looking over her shoulder?

by Anonymousreply 4111/23/2014

Erica will rise at NBC, but I don't know how far since she had the same pattern at CBS and ended up getting replaced.

by Anonymousreply 110/12/2012

How many more places can Erica go? She's moved around quite a bit in only a few year. I'm surprised Anderson hasn't had her on his day time show as a co-host yet.

by Anonymousreply 210/12/2012

Erica could have stayed at CBS, as a beat reporter. But Erica wanted an anchor job.

With none available, she looked around and NBC had an opening for her.

by Anonymousreply 310/12/2012

Remember when she had a somewhat prominent role on Anderson Cooper's nightly 360 show on CNN when 360 first started?

I hated her in that position with Anderson. She was definitely a drag on Anderson's 360 show and before long she left. Her presence was more of an intruding presence than a help.

by Anonymousreply 410/12/2012

I like her but Norah is so much better on CBS Morning.

by Anonymousreply 510/12/2012

She's not awful but she's no great shakes. Who is she blowing to stay employed on national TV based in NYC for so long?

by Anonymousreply 610/12/2012

Erica's good and seems like a decent person, I hope she does well at NBC.

by Anonymousreply 710/12/2012

She was able to "quit" because CBS let her out of the contract.

by Anonymousreply 810/12/2012

Erica's annoying. She'll fit in wonderfully with asshole Lauer.

by Anonymousreply 910/12/2012

If Erica Hill was so damn good, CNN would have given her an anchor position. CBS would not have replaced her. I hope her husband has gone back to work. They have 2 kids to raise and send through college.

Erica's ego is bigger than her ability.

by Anonymousreply 1110/12/2012

Erica's father passed away in the past couple of years. I don't know if her mother still lives in Connecticut, but that could be a reason why she stays in NYC. Maybe News 12 needs some local reporters.

by Anonymousreply 1210/12/2012

I'm glad she landed somewhere, does this mean no more thick necked Jenna wolfe?! Thank you NBC - I just may come back on the weekends for Erica & Lester.

by Anonymousreply 1310/12/2012

At least Chris Wragge still has an anchor job. He is smarter than Erica career wise. Erica wants a national program, she has gotten canned from 3 in a row - HLN in Atlanta, 360, and now CBS. Chris has a steady job at a local NYC channel for years. Which is a better for a career and reputation?

by Anonymousreply 1410/12/2012

Erica will anchor on Saturday mornings? What happened to Jenna Wolfe?

by Anonymousreply 1610/12/2012

Maybe NBC will be a better fit for Erica Hill if they give her more to do than she had on CBS and CNN.

by Anonymousreply 1710/12/2012

"If Erica Hill was so damn good, CNN would have given her an anchor position."

Are you kidding? You expected the CNN management that brought us endless hours of Wolf Blitzer, 5 nights a week of Piers Morgan and a now-cancelled nightly dose of Campbell Brown to actually hire someone likeable and popular?

by Anonymousreply 1810/12/2012

Good for her.

by Anonymousreply 1910/12/2012

[quote] What happened to Jenna Wolfe?

Jenna will anchor Sundays.

by Anonymousreply 2110/13/2012

Was Erica on this morning? If so, how was she?

by Anonymousreply 2210/13/2012

Tamron Hall was on this AM. I'm surprised NBC is hiring Erica, when Tamron seems to be doing a good job.

by Anonymousreply 2310/13/2012

r20 She's lost in Oprah's muff.

by Anonymousreply 2410/16/2012

I always wondered why weekend Today split the female co-anchors with Amy (now Erica) on Saturday and Jenna Wolfe on Sunday. When Amy left, I assumed that Jenna would take over Saturday too. She is dreadful - she yells and has terrible facial expressions trying to over compensate being "nice." Doesn't NBC have a sports channel to ship her off to?

by Anonymousreply 2510/16/2012

I loved this past weekend on Today with Tamron and Lester. They are great together as are Jenna and Lester. The factor that makes the weekend edition of Today much more likeable than the weekday edition is that the anchors genuinely seem to like one another and the rapport is easy and not forced in a "we are a family here" kind of way. There may be more at stake during the week since ABC is beating them or breathing down their necks. On a side note they recently had a reunion of many of the weekend anchors over the years and it was great. Loved seeing most of them. Sad memory of David Bloom though. And Lester was so gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 2610/16/2012

Has Erica appeared? How is she doing?

by Anonymousreply 2710/21/2012

What happens with Jenna Woolf? I prefer Jenna than Erica on the weekends. Jenna has a big personality.

by Anonymousreply 2811/05/2012

Jenna is now the weekend news reader and it was very painful to watch.

by Anonymousreply 2911/05/2012

Yesm Jenna is now at the news desk - this has to be an embarrasing demotion for her. I didn't care for her on the anchor desk, she was too pushy and she seems to have very "hard" mannerisms (I can't think of the right word there). Erica seemed very vanilla to me, though. I'm not familiar with her work so I don't see what the big fuss is about with her, she seems average at best.

But Jenna did look a bit uncomfortable at the news desk. My guess is that she won't be there long.

And the weather person - Dylan somebody or other - left me cold. The only reason to watch the show is Lester Holt, he's class act.

by Anonymousreply 3011/05/2012

erica was great - whats up with Jenna's sleeveless dresses and body builder arms. ICK.

It was super uncomfortable to watch since Jenna looks constantly miffed that Erica is the anchor.

by Anonymousreply 3111/05/2012

Could not stand Jenna and found Erica to be nothing more than ok. I am curious about why Tamron Hall was passed over?

by Anonymousreply 3211/05/2012

We've already had quite the discussion on the mystery of Erica Hill's ascent into other people's positions!

by Anonymousreply 3311/05/2012

Erica Hill is boring. I've never enjoyed her when she was on Anderson Cooper or CBS.

I don't know what she will bring to NBC that she couldn't deliver to CNN or CBS?

Norah O'Donnell is doing a much better job on CBS. MSNBC should have kept Norah.

by Anonymousreply 3411/05/2012

Here's Erica on Letterman from a year ago.

by Anonymousreply 3512/01/2012

by Anonymousreply 3610/13/2014

Oprah @ R36...guess it was a rough weekend...

by Anonymousreply 3710/13/2014

Thread is two years old.

by Anonymousreply 3810/13/2014

Erica Hill is tv flop

by Anonymousreply 3910/14/2014

The numbers at CBS This Morning shows why getting rid of Erica was the right decision. Now Erica's obnoxious presence is sinking Weekend Today.

by Anonymousreply 4011/20/2014

off topic but didn't see another thread - Jack Gray from Anderson's show hardly blogs or twitters anymore

I'm only asking here since Erica used to work on that show.

by Anonymousreply 4111/23/2014
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!