Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Scott Baio "I Support Mitt Romney"

"I believe in Governor Romney for a lot of different reasons. I've met him many times and he's a straight up guy, he's a good guy, great family man [and] his kids are fantastic," Scott told Kit Hoover and Billy Bush on Access Hollywood Live. "I think we need to be fixed in this country."

Scott said being a Republican in typically-left-leaning Hollywood can be intimidating and he feels for actress Stacey Dash, who recently faced a barrage of mean-spirited comments after revealing she's voting for Romney.

"I don't think anybody should bash anybody for what they believe. I have my beliefs, you have yours," he said. "Just leave her alone, let her say what she wants to say. Freedom of speech."

Adding, "I don't know why they're beating [Stacey] up the way they are - I really don't."

Scott, a self-proclaimed "big Reagan guy," frequently engages in political discussions with Democrats on Twitter and said he doesn't understand why some people become so heated over a difference of opinion.

"I have conversations with people who don't see eye-to-eye with me all the time. I don't get in wars with them - I just say, 'Hey, it's what you believe. I still like you,'" he said. "I've got no problem with anybody."

The former "Charles in Charge" star has been actively involved in the Romney campaign and plans to continue to help out however he can.

"I've done a lot of stuff [for the Romney/Ryan campaign]," he said. "I've met [Gov. Romney] and I've given speeches for him and things like that, and donated some money. Whatever I can do.

by Anonymousreply 6510/14/2012

[quote]"I think we need to be fixed in this country."

I think Chachi is the one who needs to be "fixed."

by Anonymousreply 110/12/2012

Who cares has been

by Anonymousreply 210/12/2012

Let the punishment fit the crime: Scott Baio is sentenced to appear throughout the second Obama term on a reality show paired up with Erin Moran.

by Anonymousreply 310/12/2012

[quote] I don't get in wars with them - I just say, 'Hey, it's what you believe. I still like you,'" he said. "I've got no problem with anybody."

He's a Republican, he's got a LOT of problems with a LOT of people.

[quote]he's a straight up guy, he's a good guy, great family man [and] his kids are fantastic,"

The same can be said about Obama. And Obama's not an unprincipled liar like phony Mormon Romney.

by Anonymousreply 410/12/2012

I support the appropriate end of his acting career years ago.

by Anonymousreply 510/12/2012

He's so racist he couldn't even hide it on his reality show. What a piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 610/12/2012

Well, Scott Baio and Stacy Dash have spoken, so I'm totally voting for Romney now.

by Anonymousreply 710/12/2012

Well, Romney's got Stacy Dash (Clueless?), Lindsay Lohan (Shoeless) and Scott Baio (Screwloose). Trifecta!

Obama gets the rest of Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 810/12/2012

I didn't think Scott Baio was anti-gay. Who knew?

by Anonymousreply 910/12/2012

[quote]No One Should Be Bashed For Their Beliefs

Myopic turd.

R6, he's an "eye-tie" from Brooklyn. What do you expect?

What did he do/say on his show?

by Anonymousreply 1010/12/2012

Way too much time and space spent on which celebrities are voting for a Republican. They really don't deserve the attention. If people had just not pounced on the Stacey Dash endorsement, it wouldn't have even made national news. The racists comments towards Dash is what made it national news.

I take note and I move on. Don't care to go on their twitter page and insult. Why are people hyperactive?

by Anonymousreply 1110/12/2012

Don't forget about me people.

by Anonymousreply 1210/12/2012

[quote]I've met him many times

LOL at Romney regularly hanging out with a LOSER like Scott Baio

by Anonymousreply 1310/12/2012

Has "Cousin Larry" from Perfect Strangers endorsed anyone yet?

by Anonymousreply 1410/12/2012

Romney ALSO has: Clinton Eastwood, Mel Gibson, Pat Boone, James Wood, Forest Whitaker, Ted Nugent, Kid Rock and 99% of all Country Music Stars.

by Anonymousreply 1510/12/2012

And because they're for Romney, they are all dumbass losers R15.

by Anonymousreply 1610/12/2012

Scott ruined his reputation when he showed his ass on the reality show he did with his wife. We thought he was dim but sweet until he showed us that he's angry and petty and insecure and small. Pathetic little has been.

by Anonymousreply 1710/12/2012

"Romney ALSO has: Clinton Eastwood, Mel Gibson, Pat Boone, James Wood, Forest Whitaker, Ted Nugent, Kid Rock and 99% of all Country Music Stars."

Considering that Eastwood, Gibson, Wood, Nugent, Boone and Kid Rock are all batshit crazy nonsense spewing bastards, Romney's in his element!

by Anonymousreply 1810/12/2012

Wow, a list of veritable who's who... of who cares.

by Anonymousreply 1910/12/2012

Forest Whitaker...what a disappointment!

by Anonymousreply 2010/12/2012

There are people we disagree with in all walks of life. Why are we so outraged when there are people like that in the entertainment industry?

by Anonymousreply 2110/12/2012

Has Gibson actually endorsed Romney? Not that it'd surprise me, but I hadn't heard about it. Actually it would surprise me because he's tried to be cagey about his conservatism, no matter how obvious it is. And a Romney endorsement would make it undeniable.

by Anonymousreply 2210/12/2012

Because Republican = bigot r21, and I don't like bigots in any walk of life.

by Anonymousreply 2310/12/2012

Patti Heaton forgot to sign her post at R21.

by Anonymousreply 2410/12/2012

Mel Gibson was holding out hope for a Lieberman/Wasserman ticket but is settling on Romney/Ryan.

by Anonymousreply 2510/12/2012

[quote]Why are we so outraged when there are people like that in the entertainment industry?

Because they work in an industry that is constantly under attack from the very people they support.

by Anonymousreply 2610/12/2012

Who's the nutjob that's been starting all these threads about D-list actors supporting Romney?

Can you just consolidate it all under one thread called Dumb Hollywood Nobodies Who Support Republicans?

by Anonymousreply 2710/12/2012

r17 is correct. He showed that he's of the old world Brooklyn gumba mentality. He's rather racist. He's probably as backwards about gays. He shot himself in the foot and needs to be left behind in a bygone era. Most people with his beliefs are old and dying off.

by Anonymousreply 2810/12/2012

fuck off and die r4.

by Anonymousreply 2910/12/2012

R29 = Willie Aames

by Anonymousreply 3010/12/2012

R29 sounds like a real moron.

by Anonymousreply 3110/12/2012

Scott Baio is a very classy guy with a classy wife.

by Anonymousreply 3210/12/2012

I hate when Republicans say "Hey, I'm entitled to my opinion!" as if they're making an opinion on which cheese they prefer with dinner.

These people are actively against us and wish to take whatever little rights we have away from us.

by Anonymousreply 3310/12/2012

"Mitt Romney is a straight up guy with fantastic kids?!"

What the fuck does that matter when he has spent the last six years years running for president and lying to the American people? And when you can even get him to admit and stick with one position, it turns out to be bad policy for the country.

Lying and being a fraud and a phony doesn't make a 'straight up guy.'

by Anonymousreply 3410/12/2012

Sadly, he makes Erin Moran seem competent and lucid in comparison.

by Anonymousreply 3510/12/2012

I really hate this bull shit of "Romney is a good guy, he's a good father who loves his family". And Obama doesn't? In the minds of some freepers, he probably doesn't.

by Anonymousreply 3610/12/2012

Lohan, Stacey Dash, Kid Rock, Chachi, Jon Voight, Ted Nugent. The caliber of celebrity who support the Republicans speaks for itself.

by Anonymousreply 3710/12/2012

Joanie and Chachi sure did not turn out well.

by Anonymousreply 3810/12/2012

r32, don't be supporting that site unless you're into ghetto trolls. I can't fathom how they still get advertisers as their readership doesn't have a pot to piss in.

by Anonymousreply 3910/12/2012

r27, the out of touch "writers" from Celebitchy, that's who!

by Anonymousreply 4010/12/2012

Forrest Whitaker? For real? I don't believe it.

by Anonymousreply 4110/12/2012

I tried to find something on Whitaker supporting Republicans and couldn't. Not saying that it can't be true but I'd like to see that substantiated before I write him off.

by Anonymousreply 4210/12/2012

Whitaker came to the defense of, supporting the Mormon church funding Prop 8 in California.

by Anonymousreply 4310/12/2012

Whitaker is a Democrat.

by Anonymousreply 4410/12/2012

Actually Mel hasn't endorsed any candidate. Can't just throw names in the list just to make it look bigger.

by Anonymousreply 4510/12/2012

That's funny, I too had it in my head that Whitaker was a Republican. Or did something that tied him to them. Hmmm...

by Anonymousreply 4610/12/2012

I remember Scott's shitty show. He couldn't hide his revulsion at the idea that his girlfriend might've slept with a black dude. And then his fatherhood coach (he'd knocked up his girlfriend who is a right wing nutjob too) turned out to be a black guy and he was actually amazed that the guy wasn't a hoodrat. What a dick.

by Anonymousreply 4710/12/2012

Gindaloon trash from Brooklyn supports a Republican. Nothing new.

by Anonymousreply 4810/12/2012

Didn't Baio also get called out for posting an offensive tweet or something about Michelle Obama? He's a loser and a prick. I never understood why he was considered hot.

by Anonymousreply 4910/12/2012

Wow, you're right, R49.

Can't say I'm surprised. I grew up in the same neighborhood. The Italians were/are all racists. The current rep is a teabagger (Grimm). It's as red a district as you'll find in flyover.

by Anonymousreply 5010/12/2012

Fucking asshole:

[quote]"I’m NOT racist for posting a pic of M.O. My WIFE’S BEST FRD IS BLACK,HELLO."

by Anonymousreply 5110/12/2012

Oh, I understood why he was considered hot, r49. He was still hot when he was guesting on Arrested Development, maybe hotter than ever. Evil people can be hot, stupid people can be hot, it happens all the time. If he wasn't such a moron and an asshole, he probably could've remained a successful actor instead of becoming a has-been so fast. His looks held up for decades.

by Anonymousreply 5210/12/2012

Charles hasn't been in charge in 20 years.

by Anonymousreply 5310/12/2012

Who would top who? Scott Baio or Kirk Cameron?

by Anonymousreply 5410/12/2012

Another has been no one cares about supporting Romney. I think this is the way they are getting their names in the paper. By the way, I am getting so irritated with the 'good family man' bit like he is unique. Obama and Biden are also good family men with great wives and children.

by Anonymousreply 5510/12/2012

Why is saying your best friend is black, gay, insert the minority a sign you are NOT a racist? Just because his wife's friend is black does not mean he is not a racist, just that he tolerates his wife's best friend.

by Anonymousreply 5610/12/2012

The washed up has-beens are always Republicans.

by Anonymousreply 5710/13/2012

R57 is correct.

Those from the past want to make a splash.

If they didn't, nobody would be referring to Scott Baio. To Stacey Dash. To Victoria Jackson. And more.

by Anonymousreply 5810/13/2012

Why the fuck are we still deigning to MENTION this asshole? There is nothing else to be said. THREAD CLOSED.

by Anonymousreply 5910/13/2012

Losing your youthful good looks Scott is punishment enough. Hey at least he believes this shit, Stacey Dash did it for the publicity, cuse nobody cares about that bitch no moe.

by Anonymousreply 6010/13/2012

R52 is correct. Look at some of the 'teen idols' who have gone on to decent (and better) levels of success.

Scott isn't one of them, obviously .... but look at Jason Bateman, for example. And there's poor Scott with with his lame-ass reality show and some new shit-com on a sub-par tv channel.

It burns, I'm sure.

by Anonymousreply 6110/13/2012

Guess now we know what Romney does with his campaign money: He buys endorsements from has beens. I wonder who he will buy at the end to speak in his favor: Barbara Streisand, Ben Affleck, Matt Damon, or Barack Obama?

by Anonymousreply 6210/13/2012

So in other words Baio is a racist.

by Anonymousreply 6310/14/2012

Hey, Lindsay Lohan supports Mitt Romney, now we have Scott too all we need is the Kardhasians, who are republicans. Chris certainly is and I'm sure Kourtney is. Kim prolly hates Obama for calling Kanye "An asshole. But he is a talented asshole."

What we need is for Paris Hilton and her family to come forward, as well as the Kardashians, along with the RHONJ and that should really do what we need it to do for Romney. In fact Pairs & Lindsay hopping out of a cake on live TV would do it for sure.

by Anonymousreply 6410/14/2012

Fuck them has beens.

by Anonymousreply 6510/14/2012
Need more help? Click Here.