Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Santorum: The fight against gay marriage more important than abortion

OCTOBER 12, 2012, 1:11 PM

JOSH MARSHALL

In a video obtained by SeattlePI.com, former Sen. Rick Santorum (R-PA) told attendees at a Family Policy Institute that the fight against gay marriage is the most important movement in America today, even more important than abortion.

The key statement comes right at the 19.00 minute mark.

by Anonymousreply 2610/19/2012

I can't wait until this Nazi prick gets caught with a dick in his mouth. His obsession tells the story.

by Anonymousreply 110/12/2012

Another self loathing homo hiding behind religion

by Anonymousreply 310/12/2012

The vanguard to the Republicans backing off Roe vs. Wade, in order to control the sheep in perpetuity. Republicans have no intention of outlawing abortion.

by Anonymousreply 410/12/2012

I will gladly pay for a one-way ticket to Vatican City to send this freak to live there for the rest of his miserable life, because that's the only place on Earth where this fucked-up illiterate mouth-breathing bigot will ever be happy.

by Anonymousreply 510/12/2012

So he's saying that he doesn't really believe that shit about abortion being murder. Because if you think mass murder of children is being perpetrated and you choose to focus on whether some people can perform a ceremony and get equal treatment under the law, then you are one super-seriously twisted fucker.

Oh right. Maybe he does believe it after all.

by Anonymousreply 610/12/2012

Well, he'd probably approve of abortion if it were of a fetus they KNEW would be gay.

by Anonymousreply 710/12/2012

"I will gladly pay for a one-way ticket to Vatican City to send this freak to live there for the rest of his miserable life."

More sexual deviants, more sexual dysfunction and outright perversion per square inch than any other place on earth, so this will work out quite well for Mr. Santorum. He'll fit right in.

by Anonymousreply 810/12/2012

What is in the repuke platform this year about gay marriage and abortion? Anybody know? I'm just curious. Are they officially planning to amend the constitution to deny us our equal rights?

by Anonymousreply 910/12/2012

Prior to meeting Santorum, his wife lived with an abortion doctor for a number of years and helped the doctor as a sympathetic advisor to his patients.

Just how "traditional" was the partnership of the present Mrs. Santorum and her ex-lover?

by Anonymousreply 1010/12/2012

MEANWHILE. . . . .

DAN SAVAGE comes out as being so pro-choice that it is the equivalent of gay mariage - and logically so, I believe.

by Anonymousreply 1110/12/2012

R10, if that is true, why doesn't somebody confront him with it in order to destroy his credibility?

by Anonymousreply 1210/13/2012

R2, it is not settled law. Abortion training is either not taught or is optional in many medical schools. Women are having to fight to even get birth control. Planned Parenthood's budgets were slashed in some states. The reason Santorum made the comment is that gay marriage is moving forward, despite their best attempts to stop it, but abortion rights are diminishing so they are less of a threat to someone like him.

by Anonymousreply 1310/13/2012

Great comments by Savage, R11. But then I think pro-choice and gay marriage people should be supporting each other. The far right only believes in freedom when its their issues.

by Anonymousreply 1410/13/2012

[quote]if that is true, why doesn't somebody confront him with it in order to destroy his credibility?

There's no "if" about it r12. It was a news story while Frothy was running for president. Here's a photo of Karen and the abortion doctor that was published in The Daily Beast.

Dr. Tom Allen was her lover, but here's the kinky part, he delivered her when she was born.

by Anonymousreply 1510/13/2012

Karen Santorum, the ultra-pro-life wife and mother of seven home-schooled children, has been the perfect complement to her husband, Rick, as he chases the Republican presidential nomination. On the campaign trail, the candidate often refers to her book, Letters to Gabriel, the story of the devoutly Catholic couple’s traumatic late-term 1997 miscarriage (the 20-week-old fetus lived two hours outside the womb). The couple opposes birth control as well as abortion, even in cases of rape.

But Mrs. Santorum, 51, apparently wasn’t always committed to the cause. In fact, her live-in partner through most of her 20s was Tom Allen, a Pittsburgh obstetrician and abortion provider 40 years older than she, who remains an outspoken crusader for reproductive rights and liberal ideals.

Dr. Allen has known Mrs. Santorum, born Karen Garver, her entire life: he delivered her in 1960.

“Karen was a lovely girl, very intelligent and sweet,” says Allen, who at 92 uses a walker but retains a sly smile. A wine aficionado who frequented the Pittsburgh Symphony and was active in the local chapter of the ACLU, he lives with his wife of 16 years, Judi—they started dating in 1989, soon after he and Garver split—in the same large detached row house where he lived with the woman who would become Santorum’s wife.

He and Garver also lived for several years in another house a few blocks away. “Karen had no problems with what I did for a living,” says Allen, who helped start one of the first hospital-sanctioned abortion clinics in Pennsylvania

by Anonymousreply 1610/13/2012

[quote]But Mrs. Santorum, 51, apparently wasn’t always committed to the cause. In fact, her live-in partner through most of her 20s was Tom Allen, a Pittsburgh obstetrician and abortion provider 40 years older than she,

I bet she was such a dirty girl back then that it's the reason she's now a born-again loon trying to make up for her past sins.

by Anonymousreply 1710/13/2012

Although they had technically known each other since Karen’s birth, Allen doesn’t remember having contact with her as she was growing up; they reconnected when she called him looking for an apartment to rent near Duquesne.

Her parents, Catholic with 11 other children, who lived in the nearby suburbs, were well acquainted with Allen; her father was a pediatrician who got many of his patients through referrals from the obstetrician. They knew he owned the building that housed his large practice and that there was a basement apartment.

Allen, divorced for several years at that point with six grown children, had been living on two upper floors.

Garver moved into the basement apartment, but she wasn’t there long, says Allen.

“That first night, as soon as it got dark, she called to say she was scared and asked if she could come up. I figured it was a come-on, but that was OK.”

Karen, he says, came upstairs, permanently.

Unusual though the affair may seem now, Allen says it “really wasn’t that big a deal, at least to me.” It was the ’80s, after all, and he’d had a number of young girlfriends before Garver; his wife Judi is 30 years younger than he. “My first marriage didn’t do very well because of that behavior,” he concedes.

He and Karen lived above the office together for nearly five years, until the house in which Allen now resides was finished after a lengthy renovation (the couple broke up a few months after they moved into the house).

Photographs of them together throughout those years show her as a fresh-faced, freckled young woman with wavy hair and a shy grin that grew more confident after Allen paid to have her teeth straightened.

by Anonymousreply 1810/13/2012

Garver’s parents were scandalized by the pairing, which strained their relationship with their daughter, according to Allen’s youngest daughter, Candy, who, at 51, is the same age as Mrs. Santorum. (Karen’s parents did not return calls requesting comment.) His own children weren’t too happy either but bore it largely in silence.

by Anonymousreply 1910/13/2012

Santorum and his ilk are the reason Americans are a laughing stock all over Europe.

My longtime European friends can't believe the types of politicians the US produces, they cannot believe how backwards the US government is re birth control, civil rights and health care issues.

Now we have a presidential candidate who would essentially be denying a whole segment of the US population from getting healthcare. IF Romney gets elected and repeals Obama's Healthcare Reform Act, even less people will be covered, yet the Tea Party freaks still rant about "too much government interference"!

My Euro friends are shocked by this, after all they live in countries where they don't pay a dime for healthcare, their tax dollars work for them!

In this day and age, personal choices should be just that PERSONAL, yet there's a certain segment of this fucked up country which screams there is "too much government interference", yet these Tea Party assholes and other Rightwing freaks would be willing to lose the rights so many Americans have fought for...turning civil rights and womens rights back to the dark ages. These people are profoundly stupid.

The stupidity of a certain segment of Americans is mind boggling! The irony that they are fighting against government interference, yet would back an insane politician as Santorum is scary.

Abortion is a private issue and a male dominated government has no right to deny a woman's right to have one. These ultra Conservative religious politicians also still don't seem to understand, there's a whole segment of Americans who do not believe in God and that they absolutely NO right to impose their views on those Americans!

I am sick to death of these hypocrites and the thought they one might become the next president is quite scary. I wish I had exit plan to leave the US, but I have too many responsibilities here, I simply couldn't get up and leave. But I sure wish that was an option!

by Anonymousreply 2010/13/2012

t

by Anonymousreply 2110/14/2012

Karen Santorum took "Adoring Looks" lessons from Nancy Reagan.

by Anonymousreply 2210/14/2012

[quote]I will gladly pay for a one-way ticket to Vatican City to send this freak to live there for the rest of his miserable life,

As a member of Opus Dei, he's probably been there many times.

by Anonymousreply 2310/16/2012

Rick Santorum seems like he has fantasies of getting double penetrated by his two "tops" GOP heroes while sucking off the remainder of the cast of closeted Republicans?

by Anonymousreply 2410/16/2012

Would you buy a video of that encounter r24?

by Anonymousreply 2510/19/2012

Why don't rogue, gay, ninja take this asshole down and plug all his orifice so that we don't have to listen to his ultra-conservative Catholic baloney. The man makes me itch.

by Anonymousreply 2610/19/2012
Need more help? Click Here.