Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Barbra Streisand last night - Brooklyn, Barclays Center

She made me so proud! Anyone else go? The arena was chock full of gays of a certain age; I figure several Dataloungers were amongst us.

I actually like her voice today -- the "seasoned with age" imperfections make her more warm and directly accessible.

by Anonymousreply 7911/29/2013

Saw Bill & Hillary Clinton, Sting, Gerard Butler, Woody Allen, Barbara Walters, Michael Douglas & Catherine Zeta-Jones, Rosie O'Donnell, Katie Couric, Elliott Gould, Ralph Lauren, Calvin Klein, Donna Karan, Rashida Jones, Jill Zarin in a crazy outfit.

She is the definitive Mama Rose--I saw both Patti and Bernadette on Broadway, and she blew both of them out of the water. Amazing power! Her belting blew the roof off the place.

by Anonymousreply 110/12/2012

Mayor Bloomberg and Regis Philbin were there, too.

by Anonymousreply 210/12/2012

Who is the black guy at 1:49 and again at 2:24? I know I recognize him; he's an actor, isn't he? Was he on the Cosby Show?

by Anonymousreply 310/12/2012

[quote]She sounded like shit. The GYPSY thing was an embarrassment.

Yes Dear, we know how you feel and we appreciate you tearing yourself away from your cherished "Rhianna's Greatest HIT" album to tell us.

by Anonymousreply 510/12/2012

[quote]the "seasoned with age" imperfections make her more warm and directly accessible

If I were Miss Streisand I'm not sure I'd be flattered by this.

by Anonymousreply 610/12/2012

"She made me so proud!"

Of what?

by Anonymousreply 710/12/2012

The amazing KARL LAGERFELD was there with his beautiful new young boyfriend.

by Anonymousreply 810/12/2012

Even at 70, Streisand shows that she's still the best singer on the planet.

by Anonymousreply 1010/12/2012

OP, what's the new stadium like?

I want to go to an NBA game, but is it a nightmare around the stadium traffic-wise (Note: can't take the train because I want to take my elderly father).

by Anonymousreply 1110/12/2012

What happened to Gypsy, when will it come out?

by Anonymousreply 1210/12/2012

70 year olds should cover their tit bags

by Anonymousreply 1310/12/2012

She sounds shitty at r10's link. It's all gasping, and her voice is weak.

by Anonymousreply 1410/12/2012

Harsh r13, Harsh

by Anonymousreply 1510/12/2012

For her truest-bluest fans, it must have been a real thrill.

But I can't imagine anyone else wanting to go--her voice is shot.

by Anonymousreply 1610/12/2012

[quote]I figure several Dataloungers were amongst us.

DataLounge traffic declined 92% last night versus a standard Thursday night. I have concluded ALL of DataLounge's New York user base was present, because all of you are MARY! eldergays.

by Anonymousreply 1710/13/2012

Jay-Z may have rocked Brooklyn’s Barclays Center first, but it was Babs who brought the bigger stars to the borough.

For Barbra Streisand’s Thursday show, Universal Studios President Ron Meyer set up some posh pre-gaming at Peter Luger Steakhouse, hosting a dinner for 20, including billionaires Ron Perelman and Robert Kraft, Michael Douglas, “SNL” guru Lorne Michaels, ex-Paramount head Sherry Lansing and director William Friedkin, Vanity Fair’s Graydon Carter, talent manager Sandy Gallin and “Raging Bull” producer Irwin Winkler. A spy says major topics of talk were Meyer’s upcoming awards contender “Les Misérables” and Douglas’ playing Liberace in HBO’s “Behind the Candelabra.”

At the arena, Calvin Klein was spotted passing through the Barclays’ “Calvin Klein VIP entrance” on Atlantic Avenue, along with Sting, Michael Strahanand Barbara Walters.

Behind the scenes, Donna Karan was dressing Streisand backstage.

“My mom knows Barbra’s body so well she can design for her in her sleep,” Karan’s daughter,Gabby, was overheard saying in a VIP section.

Streisand’s ex-husband, Elliott Gould, meanwhile, was seen in the audience in tears when son Jason Gould, 45, dueted with his mom onstage.

“The most emotional part of the three-hour show was Jason singing with his mother,” said an insider. “It wasn’t till Barbra’s recent 70th birthday — when Jason made a ‘Happy Birthday’ video and sang, sounding very much like his mother — that Barbra knew he had her pipes. Jason never performed before.”

At a 40/40 Club after-party, Streisand was “mobbed by friends,” including Ralph Lauren, Michael Kors,Rosie O'Donnell, Regis Phibin and Gerard Butler, “who starred in ‘Phantom of the Opera’ and is a big Barbra fan,” a source said. Perhaps those who chowed down at Peter Luger were lucky, as the spread at the party was “fruit, marshmallows, brownies, cookies and coffee.”

Said a VIP, of the crowd, “It was like the rich previously from Brooklyn,” including Woody Allen.

by Anonymousreply 1810/13/2012

[quote]Streisand’s ex-husband, Elliott Gould, meanwhile, was seen in the audience in tears when son Jason Gould, 45, dueted with his mom onstage.

I think we're going to need smelling salts for the eldergays when they read this one.

by Anonymousreply 2010/13/2012

I wonder if Rosie and Barbara Walters said anything to each other, or just shot each other dirty looks all night?

Do you think Roz is hurt that Donna Karan has taken over the role of Barbra's younger sister?

The entire American fashion scene was in one room together--Ralph Lauren, Calvin Klein, Michael Kors, Donna Karan and Karl Lagerfeld. Has that ever happened before?

by Anonymousreply 2110/13/2012

Liza Minnelli is at tonight's Streisand concert in Brooklyn.

Don't Barbra and Jason look fabulous backstage? Jason looks so handsome.

by Anonymousreply 2210/13/2012

Wonder Woman, Linda Carter, is in the house...

by Anonymousreply 2310/13/2012

[quote]and Gerard Butler, “who starred in ‘Phantom of the Opera’ and is a big Barbra fan,” a source said.

If that's not an outing, what is?

by Anonymousreply 2410/13/2012

OMG! Bette Midler is there, too.

Barbra, Liza and Bette all under the same roof!

by Anonymousreply 2510/13/2012

I just came

by Anonymousreply 2610/13/2012

I was there Thursday night.

by Anonymousreply 2710/13/2012

R22. Hello, Gorgeous.

Barbra looks fabulous. Not a bad shot of Jason, but he needs a haircut. How come he didn't start singing sooner in life. He has such a good voice. Is sister Roslyn there?

Once again:

by Anonymousreply 2810/13/2012

[quote] Is sister Roslyn there?

She's working the nachos stand.

by Anonymousreply 2910/13/2012

Where's Rosie. Richard, and Howard?

by Anonymousreply 3010/13/2012

"Barbra, Liza and Bette all under the same roof!"

If a bomb goes off, I'LL be the biggest diva in town!

by Anonymousreply 3110/13/2012

[quote]Who is the black guy at 1:49 and again at 2:24? I know I recognize him; he's an actor, isn't he? Was he on the Cosby Show?

He kind of looks like Geoffrey Owens, who played Sandra's husband Albert on the Cosby Show. But, it's not him.

by Anonymousreply 3210/13/2012

Just like the night of the president's State of the Union member of the cabinet has to remain behind and not attend in case of a disaster.

Barbra, Liza and Bette all under one roof is breaking all protocol and a dangerous situation.

by Anonymousreply 3310/13/2012

Link to where Bette and Liza attended?

by Anonymousreply 3410/13/2012

She's in good voice. Probably the best since the first concer tour.

But the show is too padded with other things. No one bought tickets to see Botti or that other group. It's ridiculous to give the two of them such a big amount of time during her show. She could have had them open and just guest with her during her portion.

Having Jason was a nice touch.

by Anonymousreply 3510/13/2012

Calvin and I got busy in the men's room on Jason's hairy hole

by Anonymousreply 3610/13/2012

R35, I thought it was obvious she wanted (or felt she needed) to take 10 minute breaks downstairs after every 6-7 songs or so. Fair enough, she's 70.

by Anonymousreply 3710/13/2012

Can't believe she let her tits hang out that much. No classy at all.

by Anonymousreply 3810/13/2012

I can't believe you people didn't mention that SOON-YI was there.

by Anonymousreply 3910/13/2012

She sounds good for a 70 year old, which means she actually sucked.

by Anonymousreply 4010/13/2012

Dont know about Liza but Bette was not there.

by Anonymousreply 4110/13/2012

"Liza, that was for your mom."

by Anonymousreply 4210/13/2012

Liza now sings better than Babs!

by Anonymousreply 4310/13/2012

What about Cher? Was she there?

What about Bernadette? Was she there?

What about Lainie Kazan? Was she there?

I want to know if Cher, Bernadette, or Lainie Kazan were there.

by Anonymousreply 4410/14/2012

[quote]Jason made a Happy Birthday video and sang, sounding very much like his mother — that Barbra knew he had her pipes. Jason never performed before.

So all this time her son could sing and never performed? Whats that all about? And what does it mean that he sounded "like his mother"? I can't imagine a male Streisand voice.

by Anonymousreply 4510/14/2012

Did Regis and Michael Strahan get into a slapfight?

by Anonymousreply 4610/14/2012

She couldn't have been better than 25 years ago. But I'm sure she gave it her all.

Listen to her belt out Make Our Garden Grow from 1988. She holds that last note almost forever!

by Anonymousreply 4710/14/2012

R38, I know, what was up with her showing off her tits like that?

I must be getting old but after watching a few clips of her show I finally get the appeal of her voice.

by Anonymousreply 4810/14/2012

Actually, Bernadette was there.

And Patti.

by Anonymousreply 4910/15/2012

Barbra is singing better than ever...

by Anonymousreply 5010/15/2012

IMHO, she sounds horrible in that clip. Pushing way too hard.

Here's where she's fabulous. As delicate and as beautiful as her version on Judy's show.

by Anonymousreply 5110/15/2012

[quote]She is the definitive Mama Rose--I saw both Patti and Bernadette on Broadway, and she blew both of them out of the water.

That's quite a claim, since Patti and Bernadette at least played the entire role. Streisand sang a couple of minutes, which anyone can do. You 'tard.

by Anonymousreply 5210/15/2012

Did anyone else find the giant teleprompter distracting? One half of the audience (including me) could see the words before she said them - and not just the words to her songs, but the words for all her banter with the audience. It made the whole thing seem so canned and i kept reading along rather than listening.

She's a great singer and star, but I don't think she's a great performer (at least not any more)- she's too controlling.

by Anonymousreply 5310/15/2012

R10, that was DUBBED.

by Anonymousreply 5410/15/2012

I am completely turned off by her tits hanging out of her dress. Christ, she didn't let her 25 years old tits hang out like that, why at 70? Could it be that 50 pounds lighter at 25, her b-cups wouldn't do that?

by Anonymousreply 5510/15/2012

Streisand has always had great boobs.

by Anonymousreply 5610/15/2012

She looks great- thinner by far than her last concerts.

Voice is not perfect (as it used to be), but still damn good- you can hear it through the shitty cell phone pickups these clips come from. I saw her in 1994 and 2000. After that the age in her voice began to be apparent and I have not wanted anything to dampen those experiences. But it seems pretty obvious that she is still quite good and perhaps warmer on stage- seems like she is enjoying herself.

You kind of have to be there you know to get the idea of her as an entertainer- you simply cannot watch a lousy quality clip and think you get it. She does cast a spell as she sings- it is all about talent and artistry, even if the voice is not as perfect and powerful as it once was- not technical wizzardry and production- although this is a carefully thought out show obviously.

Those of you too young to know her work in decades past should check some of it out. She is pretty much in a class by herself as a singer, kind of like Streep as an actress. So talented, so gifted, and a consumate artist. That is why you always see such a turnout of show business celebrities- she has simply been the best more or less since the beginning of her career.

That is why she can still hold 18,000 people at age 70- that and taking good care of herself.

by Anonymousreply 5710/15/2012

Was charlie there gouging out the eyes of any eldergay who dared comment on her dwindling vocal prowess, while he rambled on and on about nothing in particular?

by Anonymousreply 5810/15/2012

Actually, r58, charlie has been very realistic about Streisands present vocal limitations.

by Anonymousreply 5910/15/2012

TCM's Robert Osborne was Liza Minnelli's date Saturday night. He's quite tall and Liza is very tiny.

Dr. Oz, Gayle King and Al Sharpton were there, too.

by Anonymousreply 6010/16/2012

R56, She certainly she thinks does. Odd how straight men don't agree with you.

by Anonymousreply 6110/16/2012

Yes, R59, but he MUST post here about how he knows everyone who knew her in NYC, how she gives billions to charity, how she's not a self-absorbed bitch, blah blah blah.

by Anonymousreply 6210/16/2012

R60, Liza is SHORT, not tiny. A 5'2" 160 pounder.

by Anonymousreply 6310/16/2012

r61: Straight men don't agree with me?

Then how come she's fucked so many of them?

by Anonymousreply 6410/18/2012

I can't even listen to these clips. Too tragic. She sounds very hoarse and out of breath.

Her voice has declined much like Aretha Franklin's.

by Anonymousreply 6510/18/2012

She opened Friday's show with "On a Clear Day" and she sounds amazing for 70 yrs. old.

by Anonymousreply 6610/29/2012

This is a clip of Barbra and Roz having another go at Happy Days/Get Happy and Roz actually sings with her and it sounds much better than the first try. Barbra sounds GREAT here - just GREAT!!

by Anonymousreply 6710/30/2012

R67. Thanks for posting. They sounded great together. Much better the second time 'round., Hello Gorgeous, you sound fabulous.

by Anonymousreply 6810/30/2012

Chicago version was even better.

by Anonymousreply 6910/30/2012

Babs is a real cunt at her fittings

by Anonymousreply 7010/30/2012

No, she is not, you illiterate, lying bitch.

by Anonymousreply 7110/30/2012

Isn't this fantastic?

"On a Clear Day" in Las Vegas:

by Anonymousreply 7211/11/2012

Were any of you eldergays at Barbra' s Happening in Central Park Concert back in the late 60's? I would have loved to have been there.

by Anonymousreply 7312/12/2012

I bumped this because I watched her televised concert from South Florida on YouTube today. She was surprising fabulous and I was kind of wanting to hate her since she annoys me at times. This was in 2006 though so the vocal chords hadn't gone down the toilet yet.

by Anonymousreply 7404/05/2013

I got to see her show in Las Vegas. And, yes, I found myself reading along with the teleprompter. Her voice is different, but still outstanding. Hoarse, aged, mature. The same with the high notes. I guess she is feeling confident as she is taking the show to Europe (and Tel Aviv) this summer.

by Anonymousreply 7504/06/2013

What about Gypsy?

by Anonymousreply 7604/06/2013

[quote] What about Gypsy?

I'm available.

by Anonymousreply 7704/06/2013

Patty Lapone, did you ever fuck Andrew Lloyd Webber? Do you hate Sarah Brightman because she stole him from you?

by Anonymousreply 7804/06/2013

PBS is showing it right now!!

by Anonymousreply 7911/29/2013
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!