Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Patti Smith Wanted Kristen Stewart to Play Her and Robert Pattinson to Play Robert Mapplethorpe

Patti Smith is working with screenwriter John Logan on an adaptation of her memoir Just Kids, but it's a slow-going process, she tells EW. "That’s the kind of thing that has to be done at the right time, and treated very tenderly," she says. In the meantime, she has her eye on a few actors who could play her and Robert Mapplethorpe. "I remember the very first time I saw Kristen Stewart and Rob Pattinson together, when they were younger, and I thought, Those two kids could have easily played us when they were first starting," she says. "Kristen has a very special quality. She’s not conventionally beautiful, but very charismatic." Smith also likes Mia Wasikowka and Saoirse Ronan, but alas, none of the starlets quite fit the bill. "Robert and I were very young," Smith says. "We were 20. We were unknowns, and I think it should be unknowns in the film, and young." Paging all young unknowns to Hollywood ...

by Anonymousreply 1510/16/2012

I see the similarities.

by Anonymousreply 110/13/2012

I'm not a big fan of either of the two actors, but it's hard to argue against that casting.

by Anonymousreply 210/13/2012

It would be good casting. And they'd be stuck together again!

by Anonymousreply 310/13/2012

I wonder where they'll film the Chelsea Hotel parts of the film now that it's being turned into a "boutique hotel"?

by Anonymousreply 410/13/2012

She wanted those two talentless twats to her and Mapplethorpe? That is sheer stupidity.

Aside from being talentless, Stewart is absolutely the wrong physical type to play Smith. Although Stewart is not exactly beautiful, she's a million times better looking than Smith. The actress who plays Smith should be, at best, plain. A young Charlotte Gainsbourg would have been perfect, or maybe still would be perfect. She's 41 now, but she could still look like Smith looked when she was 20. Smith always looked older than her years.

by Anonymousreply 510/13/2012

Yes, a young Charlotte Gainsbourg would have been very good.

Maybe Mia Waisaskwioiska would be ok

Unknowns would probably be the best

by Anonymousreply 610/13/2012

[quote]Although Stewart is not exactly beautiful, she's a million times better looking than Smith.

Yes, not exactly a compliment to Stewart! And even if they were to make her look plain, in what universe can Kristen Stewart be called charismatic? Beyond looks, neither one can act so the whole thing is a moot point.

Patti just admitted to crying during Alice in Wonderland....has she gone senile?

by Anonymousreply 710/13/2012

This is going to make DL's obsessive Kristen haters explode.

by Anonymousreply 810/13/2012

I dare Patti Smith to make it though 30 seconds of this video. Really.

30 seconds folks. Anybody game?

by Anonymousreply 910/13/2012

Mmmmm, can you imagine the fantastic sex scenes those two would film? Just like it happened in real life, I'm sure. Bisexual men must be fun in the sack, that's all I can say!

by Anonymousreply 1010/13/2012

Outside Twilight, she isn't bad. But lots of people rather just dismiss her then check out the other indie films.

by Anonymousreply 1110/13/2012

Oh god, John Logan? I thought she had better taste than that.

by Anonymousreply 1210/13/2012

It's like she has asthma, R9.

Heavy. Breathing. Before. Each. Line.

by Anonymousreply 1310/13/2012

That was VERY entertaining, R9.

by Anonymousreply 1410/13/2012

I still find this funny.

by Anonymousreply 1510/16/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!