Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

I bent down and now I cannot stand up straight

My lower back is seizing up with so much pain and I'm hobbling around like Grandma Moses...oh my GOD someone make it stop. Will Aleve help? I have to go to work today and I can hardly move my legs.

by actually crying as i typereply 1510/13/2012

No work...really. Some alleve (not on an empty stomache though) and get back into bed with your head flat and 2 to 3 pillows under your knees. A heating pad for 30 minute sessions will help also.

Again, no work today.

by actually crying as i typereply 110/12/2012

Here's the best treatment I was ever shown at the Beth Isreal Deaconness Pain Management Clinic in Boston:

Put an ice pack on the lower back for 20 minutes

Put heat on the lower back for 20 minutes

Follow with 20 minutes of nothing on the back

Repeat as many times as possible.

Honestly, it works. The ice tells the brain, "Yes, there is some injury we must clench around to protect the damaged area," the heat tells it, "Ok, good job, we can relax now and the muscles can let go."

by actually crying as i typereply 210/12/2012

Listen to Mom, especially about keeping your knees bent & supported. You can safely double the Aleve. Naproxen by Rx is typically 500mg per dose while a single Aleve is 220mg. (My Dr has no problem with me doing this as needed)

by actually crying as i typereply 310/12/2012

No work today op.

I know it hurts really bad - I've been there

by actually crying as i typereply 410/12/2012

Sciatic nerve. Misery. I feel for you, op.

by actually crying as i typereply 510/12/2012

Last time that happened to me, OP, I had to have my neighbor break into my kitchen window and take me to the ER. They gave me huge two shots of dilaudid, valium and tried to give me something else I refused because of an allergy. If you go to the ER you'll at least get some muscle relaxers that should help ease it up.

by actually crying as i typereply 610/12/2012

You have my condolences, OP. It sounds like sciatica to me too, but you should probably go to the doctor and get it checked out just in case.

If it is sciatica, the bad news is, no more tight pants for you.

The good news is, you can keep it under control with regular exercise.

by actually crying as i typereply 710/12/2012

Could also be a muscle spasm. I had one this week. The muscle above the butt seizes and it hurts like hell. Sorta like a Charlie Horse. The cold/heat helps but I had to get a muscle relaxer to get it really feeling better.

by actually crying as i typereply 810/12/2012

Hey OP, how are you feeling now?

by actually crying as i typereply 910/12/2012

Bone cancer usually shows up this way. It's terrible to die slowly in tremendous pain, but before that happens you'll become completely incontinent. It sounds like that phase is close.

Maybe you could try meditation.

by actually crying as i typereply 1010/12/2012

Ugh, my back twinged in sympathy when I read your post OP. Hope you are feeling better soon.

by actually crying as i typereply 1110/13/2012

Gurl you should stretch for realz. Do all kinds of back stretches and get a massage. It sounds like you're really tight. Maybe a chiropractor if things don't get better.

by actually crying as i typereply 1210/13/2012

Honey just pull your buttplug out

by actually crying as i typereply 1310/13/2012

I had the same problem as R8 - terrible pain and I could barely walk - I took some aspirin for a few days and it sort of went away, but I don't think it's completely gone. I don't even remember what I may have done to bring it on - seems like it just happened for no reason.

by actually crying as i typereply 1410/13/2012

I have the same issues OP, i'll tweak it ever so often when i either pick something up to heavy or i just step wrong. Obviously it's not something that's just going to go away overnight. Depending on the severity it takes one or two weeks for the pain to go away. When it first happened it took about 3 months before all the pain subsided. Be kind to your back folks.

by actually crying as i typereply 1510/13/2012
Need more help? Click Here.