Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Daily Kos: Punish CNN for Bogus Poll: Remove Candy Crowley as a Moderator

"The thesis is that what CNN has done in seeking out a completely biased poll and then presenting in a way that most people will think that it is representative of the viewing population is so awful, so odious, and so antithetical to fair journalism that the network itself needs to be punished."

by Anonymousreply 2810/13/2012

No. Let's give her a chance. No one could be as bad as Jim Lehrer was.

by Anonymousreply 110/12/2012

I'm glad Dailykos is calling out the reich wing shitstains at CNN. They are fucking despicable.

My partner watches CNN, and he was watching senile Wolf Blizter blathering on and on.

Wolf had a guest who fucking RIPPED Romney to pieces about his lies and his flip-flopping, and how Republicans are still hesitant to support him. It was hilarious.

Then that fucking twat Wolf made sure to get in the last word by saying, "and even if they aren't sure about Governor Romney, they also feel strongly that they hate President Obama."

He actually said that in his broadcast - that even though Romney sucks, they'd still vote for him because they HATE Obama.

Can you fucking believe that shit? I was flabbergasted. Wolf Blitzer is a fucking CUNT and a joke of a television talking head.

And now Candy Fat Fuck Republican Crowley gets to moderate a debate?

I think we all know how this story is going to end.

by Anonymousreply 210/12/2012

It's not her fault they cooked the numbers. Besides, the debate commission and both candidates would have to reach agreement on someone new very quickly.

by Anonymousreply 310/12/2012

Typical Wolf, typical right wing CNN these days R2, they make me sick to my stomach. How dare he say that about President Obama, so disrespectful.

by Anonymousreply 410/12/2012

At the CNN dot com website each daily show has video clips of recent stories that were highlighted during the show.

Wolf Blitzer's "Situation Room" has 12 clips listed:

"Paul Ryan Shows Off His Muscles"

"Paul Ryan's Heavy Lifting"

"Paul Ryan and Ayn Rand"

"Paul Ryan on What's Inside His Briefcase"

"GOP Congressman: Evolution is a Lie"

"See Stranger Wipe Romney's Face"

"Discipline Could Serve Ryan Well"

"Advice From Palin? Ryan Says 'Sure'"

"Congress Digs on Libya Embassy Attack"

"The Battle of Big Bird"

Not ONE fucking story about the President of the United States, but more than six on Paul Ryan and one on Romney.

If he isn't a fucking right-wing shill, then I don't know who is. And yet CNN still tries to portray itself as "fair" and "balanced" and "keeping them honest."

Fucking lying cunts! I hate them so much, and wish the worst on that entire network. They deserve to be running Honey Boo Boo, because they are the same sort of trash.

by Anonymousreply 510/12/2012

I just went to the CNN poll. It shows Biden winning by 30 points.

by Anonymousreply 610/12/2012

[quote] I just went to the CNN poll. It shows Biden winning by 30 points.

No doubt because they were caught cheating, and called out for it.

How sad that the public has to express outrage, in order for the news media to be "shamed" into being honest.

by Anonymousreply 710/12/2012

It wasn't the online poll they were touting, it was their poll of "registered" (later disclosed to be mostly Republican) voters.

Did they do the same for the presidential debate?

by Anonymousreply 810/12/2012

See but I have been saying this on other threads. WE, US we have to raise hell with the mainstream media. We have to do it consistently, on a sustained basis. Here's the thing. Our Constitution protects "freedom of the Press". The language is very clear: "Congress shall make no law..."

No. Law. The founders felt the press was so important to the health of a democracy that they protected it in the damned Constitution. Justice Oliver Wnedell Holmes talks about the "marketplace of ideas" which are the life blood of a democracy, blah, blah, blah.

There is no other way to deal with them. That's why the internet's so important. This is the last place we find true freedom of the press and freedom from the corporate media.

Yes, there's a lot of garbage on the internet, but we also have the technology and the access to find out what is going on and get a pretty accurate picture of it.

We can expose the fradulent claims and the biased coverage. So, yeah, they caved in under pressure. Just remember, "The price of Freedom is eternal vigilance."We have to pay attention to what they are saying and we have to participate.

by Anonymousreply 910/12/2012

"No doubt because they were caught cheating, and called out for it."

Kos isn't calling CNN for skewing toward Biden. Just the opposite.

Thanks, r8 for clearing up my confusion, r8.

by Anonymousreply 1010/12/2012

FoxNews is beyond punishment.

by Anonymousreply 1110/12/2012

As so many others have pointed out here and other places, the media is more interested in cultivating relationships with the inside-the-Beltway crowd than they are with reporting factual news. They're more concerned with being invited to the best cocktail parties rather than actually doing their fucking jobs.

The advent of media personalities like Matt Lauer, Katie Couric, Anderson Cooper and Diane Sawyer was the death knell for an independent media.

by Anonymousreply 1210/12/2012

Martha Radditz was a favorite of Peter Jennings. I loved Joe going after her when she tried to corner him, "Facts matter."

by Anonymousreply 1310/12/2012

[quote] Our Constitution protects "freedom of the Press". The language is very clear: "Congress shall make no law..."

[quote] No. Law. The founders felt the press was so important to the health of a democracy that they protected it in the damned Constitution.

There is no way the founders of this country could have forseen the corporate takeover of the media.

Every single news organization in this country is run by multi-million (if not billion) dollar corporations, seeking tax breaks, corporate welfare, and profits.

THEY BENEFIT FROM REPUBLICAN ADMINISTRATIONS.

As a result, we get what we get in the media.

I actually think that CNN is worse than FOX News. With Faux, what you see is what you get. They make no secret of their bias toward Republicans.

With CNN, however, they also favor Republicans, but they lie and say that everything they do is "fair" and "equal," when clearly it's not.

CNN should go the way of the dinosaur. It serves no useful purpose except to put more money in the pockets of network execs.

by Anonymousreply 1410/12/2012

I agree with DailyKOS, but after the way so many over there were perfectly willing to use our civil rights as a political football I quit the place and haven't been back.

by Anonymousreply 1510/12/2012

Was it Daily Kos that used fake polls and then apologized for it?

by Anonymousreply 1610/12/2012

Daily Kos isn't moderating the debate and we know it's a liberal site, so we know the agenda.

Candy Crowley is another story.

by Anonymousreply 1710/12/2012

Exactly R17. I hate CNN with it's pretense of being non-partisan, it's SUCH bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 1810/12/2012

[quote]CNN should go the way of the dinosaur. It serves no useful purpose except to put more money in the pockets of network execs

no, no. This is all part of my plan.

by Anonymousreply 1910/12/2012

CNN is out to get Obama after the State Department called them out on stealing the ambassador's journal. They were pro-Romney before, but have stepped it up since Journal Gate. They're also counting on a close election to help their plummeting ratings, so they've jumped on the Romney Comeback meme like you wouldn't believe. Their post-debate panels are stacked with conservatives who shout down the Democratic voices.

Soledad O'Brien is the only one left who calls out Republicans.

by Anonymousreply 2010/12/2012

So true R20, it's gotten to the point where I can barely watch them anymore, they are so biased against President Obama and liberals in general. They really have far too many Republican pundits/contributors and they give vile right wingers like Ari Fleischer, Mary Matalin, Erick Erickson and Bay Buchanan too much airtime and none of the anchors ever challenge any of them. I'm surprised they allow Soledad to go after right wingers as hard as she does these days because no one else on CNN ever does it.

by Anonymousreply 2110/12/2012

Obama should have said that he wouldn't debate Romney because he is not a legitimate candidate. And he is not a legitimate candidate because he hasn't released a credible number of tax returns. So, until he releases those tax returns, there will be no debate. Wouldn't that have been great?

by Anonymousreply 2210/12/2012

Is anyone watching Maddow right now?

Ryan comes off the plane with his family and Mitt is there to greet them. Ryan says something about Biden and Mitt cuts him off and points to the mic above them.

Would love to know what he was saying to Mitt.

Also loved Mitt yelling "Hi, Liza! Hi, Liza! Hi, Liza!" as Ryan's daughter is coming down the stairs.

by Anonymousreply 2310/12/2012

^ That was a really strange piece of video.

by Anonymousreply 2410/12/2012

[quote]Also loved Mitt yelling "Hi, Liza! Hi, Liza! Hi, Liza!" as Ryan's daughter is coming down the stairs.

Was he wearing his boyfriend jacket?

by Anonymousreply 2510/13/2012

LIZA! LIZA! LIZA!

by Anonymousreply 2610/13/2012

Did FoxNews secretly buy CNN?

by Anonymousreply 2710/13/2012

No, R16, Kos found that the polling firm they were using was faking results, and they fired them. This happened quite a while ago, Kos apologized for it, and they hired another polling firm to do the work. It was Kos that called out the fraud, or in other words, they were not "caught" by anyone but themselves. It's a Faux Noise lie slamming Kos that there was culpability for the fabrication in order to - shock - discredit Kos.

by Anonymousreply 2810/13/2012
Need more help? Click Here.