Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Sanpaku eyes

These are people who show white either above or below their irises most of the time.

They're always visually quite arresting. According to Chinese lore, people who have them are out of balance physically, and often it is a sign of extreme stress. Many killers and psychotics have it (Charles Manson is a famous example).

However, it can also be very present in extremely charismastic, visually arresting people. Among famous people in the 20th century who had it: JFK, Marilyn Monroe, Joan Crawford, James Dean, Sal Mineo, Natalie Wood.

Among famous people who have it today: Robert Pattinson, Diana Ross, Calista Gingrich, and Paul Ryan.

by Anonymousreply 810/12/2012

Never knew this ocular trait had name before.

Sounds Japanese in origin.

by Anonymousreply 110/12/2012

Billy Joel has it.

by Anonymousreply 210/12/2012

They look retarded.

by Anonymousreply 310/12/2012

Thanks OP! I've heard that term and knew it was a Japanese word but couldn't remember it. I read it once describing Robert Pattinson 's eyes.

by Anonymousreply 410/12/2012

He's got ... Sanpaku eyes!

by Anonymousreply 510/12/2012

If a person shows white above or below the iris, then their irisies are small in porportion to their eyes.

The current beauty fad is irises that are very large in porportion to the eye, which gives someone that puppy-eyed "anime character" look. They're selling large-iris contact lenses now.

by Anonymousreply 610/12/2012

Thanks for putting a name to this. I've always found this trait quite unattractive as I favor a more almondesque exotic eye shape. Would Lady Diana fall into this category? I think they resemble the eyes of insects. Sorry.

by Anonymousreply 710/12/2012

I really don't think OP knows what he's talking about!!

by Anonymousreply 810/12/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!