and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Joe Biden was Mean to Paul Ryan !

All that laughing and smirking!

by Anonymousreply 18510/14/2012

oh fuck off

by Anonymousreply 110/11/2012

You mixed that up r2.

Biden was looking at the retard most of the time.

by Anonymousreply 310/11/2012

Yeah, when Romney did it he was "forceful" and "presidential".

by Anonymousreply 410/11/2012

It is unbecoming to be a sore loser. Bitterness is very aging.

by Anonymousreply 510/12/2012

I'm crying as I type!

by Anonymousreply 710/12/2012

OP = Republican spin room meme. You know that Ryan didn't come out of the debate the winner when the whole thing the GOP is complaining about is Biden's mannerisms and how much he smiled.

by Anonymousreply 810/12/2012

I'd be mean to Paul Ryan, given the opportunity.

by Anonymousreply 910/12/2012

GOP on Democrats

Democrats are weak, spineless fraidy cats

Democrats are mean, tough-talking bullies

by Anonymousreply 1010/12/2012

So laughing stock, class clown, Uncle Joe Biden bested Ryan. Guess we better keep him away from Putin.

by Anonymousreply 1110/12/2012

[quote]All that laughing and smirking!

You seem to be under the delusion that Republicans deserve something more than that considering the bullshit coming out of your mouths.

Sweetheart, the GOP has become a laughing stock. A party where jackasses think the president wasn't born here, the president's college transcripts are hidden, the president gives out free cell phone (Bush started the program), the president did what no other president could: Cooked the labor #s. The first lady has a "kill whitey" tape.

The GOP is a party of idiots worthy of nothing but ridicule.

by Anonymousreply 1210/12/2012

R10, you're right. Ann Coulter went from saying "Dems are fags" to "Dems are leaking testosterone in fear".

She said this in 2010 and 2012. She's an evil cunt, just like every other Republican.

by Anonymousreply 1310/12/2012

R11, give it up. Seriously. Give it up.

Won't work because Biden's gaffs will never harm anyone, unlike the reality of Mitt.

by Anonymousreply 1510/12/2012

R12, perfect! That response should be reposted everywhere.

by Anonymousreply 1610/12/2012

Ryan had his own smirk going on. It was foul. Biden was good natured and tactful in his smile and laugh - a dreadful combination to face down. It clearly got to Ryan.

by Anonymousreply 1710/12/2012

Ryan has zero humor. He was unable to respond to Biden's demeanor. He didn't know what to do and came off as ever grimmer.

by Anonymousreply 1810/12/2012

(R18) You'd be grim too if you knew what the chapter titled "The Final Solution" in Ryan's plan for balencing the budget entailed.

Some people like to characterize Ryan as a heartless monster, but he loves his grammy and feels bad about how much he is going to miss her.

by Anonymousreply 2010/12/2012

Ryan speaks like he's trying to sell children something. So patronizing.

by Anonymousreply 2110/12/2012

Biden was mean? Too fucking bad. Romney did the same thing and he was praised for it.

by Anonymousreply 2210/12/2012

Ryan needed to shut up and bury his face in the pillow.

by Anonymousreply 2310/12/2012

[quote]Biden was mean? Too fucking bad. Romney did the same thing and he was praised for it.

Except Biden told the truth and Mitt wouldn't know the truth even if it bit him in his magic underwear.

by Anonymousreply 2410/12/2012

Mean is the very definition of the entire Republican platform.

Mean, selfish and entitled. Paul Ryan.

by Anonymousreply 2510/12/2012

Dear OP,

Blow it out your ass.

by Anonymousreply 2710/12/2012

r28 what church are you brainwashed by?

by Anonymousreply 2910/12/2012

Oh hey there, freeper fuckwit at R30.

I'm sure it's disappointing that VP Biden won that debate but you'll get over it.

by Anonymousreply 3110/12/2012

I was hoping Biden would make Ryan cry

by Anonymousreply 3210/12/2012

Biden exposed Ryan for what he is: a lightweight. It was fun watching that happen.

by Anonymousreply 3410/12/2012

Girls, Girls ....neither of you is pretty.

by Anonymousreply 3510/12/2012

[quote]CHRIS WALLACE: "I don't believe I have ever seen a debate in which one participant was as openly disrespectful of the other."

Oh Chris, that buzzing sound in your ear is your Father spinning in his grave.

by Anonymousreply 3610/12/2012

Biden didn't Smirk. Ryan did, constantly. Biden was too honest to smirk. He showed his genuine passion by not accepting Ryan's bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 3710/12/2012

It's hard to be kind to someone when you are mopping the floor with him.

Ryan should be thankful Joe didn't rest his head in the bucket.

by Anonymousreply 4010/12/2012

Biden didn't act petulant. If he'd sat there with a grim face people would've said he was being a bully. Biden took Ryan down with a smile and by repeatedly referring to Ryan as "my friend."

by Anonymousreply 4110/12/2012

Joe got the job done.

Repugs are pissed about it.

Thank you, Joe.

by Anonymousreply 4210/12/2012

totally agree R42

by Anonymousreply 4310/12/2012

agree as well with r42.

by Anonymousreply 4410/12/2012

A Democrat fought back? Jeeezus, back to the drawing board. Gotta come up with a whole new set of lies.

by Anonymousreply 4510/12/2012

As Sherrod Brown's cool wife Connie said, when the right is saying Raddatz did a "bad" job, you know their candidate lost!

by Anonymousreply 4610/12/2012

I guess you don't get out much and amuse yourself with these bait threads. I am sure that Lyin' Ryan will survive.

by Anonymousreply 4710/12/2012

One of the most curious aspects of our political culture is that liberals, because they hold views on the left of the spectrum, are also supposed to be "nice." So when a Bill Clinton comes along, or then a Barock Obama, and he fights back against the Coulters and the Limbaughs, waves of shock overcome the chattering classes.

Biden may not be the best behaved pol in the house, but he was passionate and witty, at times to a fault. It's hard to see how his conduct could possibly be described as offensive.

by Anonymousreply 4810/12/2012

Last week, my conservative friends were crowing about Romney's masterful performance, while my liberal friends admitted that Obama lost the debate. Last night, those same conservative friends were whining about Biden's behavior. That is a perfect picture of the delusion on the right. They can't even lose gracefully.

by Anonymousreply 4910/12/2012

It's easy to see when you consider the motivation--to discredit Joe and ensure that sheeple will vote against the Democrats.

by Anonymousreply 5010/12/2012

Please, Biden had restraint, the Lyin' Ryan was lucky that Biden is a gentleman and used restraint and FACTS. Republicans now cry foul when FACTS are used. Republicant's aren't fact checkers, they are against any form of coherent backing of facts with facts, they 'factualize' with lies.

The Republican party has become a morally bankrupt party of whiners. They need to clean house, get centered and stop with the lying and wing nut spinning.

by Anonymousreply 5110/12/2012

It's wonderful seeing all these Republicans' breasts exploding.

by Anonymousreply 5210/12/2012

R49 is right - conservatives can't handle it when things don't go their way so double-standard after double-standard pours out of their angry mouths.

Ann Romney should have saved her "poor sportsmanship" comments for the GOP this morning.

by Anonymousreply 5310/12/2012

Indeed, Ryan was a liar and fabricated tons of shite, Biden was being honest.

by Anonymousreply 5410/12/2012

I'd be mean to that little lying, pansy-assed fucker too. Hasn't anyone but me noticed the self-satisfied smirk on that little shits mug in almost every public appearance. Like he knows he's a fraud and he is putting one over on the public and getting a real kick out of fooling the sheep.

by Anonymousreply 5510/12/2012

Haha on Twitter, Herman (Uncle Tom) Cain twittered that Biden "interrupted too much" and Ryan was "too polite to interrupt." Coretta Scott King replied, "Go rub your wife's feet." Too funny.

by Anonymousreply 5610/12/2012

You know Ryan did a bad job when the Republicans had to trot out his Mama again after the debate to talk about Medicare.

Is Ryan's Mama running for VP? If not, they need to send her home and let Ryan answer the questions himself.

And yes, freepers, Biden won. And when you want to complain about Biden's smiling, his interrupting and other "style" points, you're just admitting he won.

by Anonymousreply 5710/12/2012

The only morning radio news in Denver is a Fox station and one of the anchors said she listened to the debate on the radio and thought Biden scored points and then when she watched a replay she thought Joe was MEAN!

by Anonymousreply 5810/12/2012

R33 the only thing Biden even came CLOSE to losing was his temper. Accept it and movr on

by Anonymousreply 5910/12/2012

Joltin' Joe ruled the night. Not only was he aggressive- he used (what's that word the Republicans hate?)- facts.

by Anonymousreply 6010/12/2012

The Republic Party is a huge threat to the civil rights of ALL gay people in this country. They are intent on rolling back and undoing all of the progress we have made in the last four years and they are determined to have us constitutionally defined as second-class citizens.

Permanently.

Backed by a reactionary Supreme Court, that would be our future.

by Anonymousreply 6110/12/2012

I laughed right along with Biden. He couldn't control himself. When he heard some of the utter "malarkey" coming from Ryan, he just had to laugh. It was great that the format enabled Ryan to be pressed for details about what they would do differently and foreign policy and his answers came around to essentially "nothing different, but we would've done it better".

by Anonymousreply 6210/12/2012

You should be sorry.

by Anonymousreply 6410/12/2012

Left wing democrat here.

I've slept on it too and I think that what we'll take away is the Joe Biden commanded the debate. There is no easy way to react when someone changes positions, flip-flops, and lies. Joe was tremendous and called him on a lot of bullshit - including his acceptance of stimulus money, his lack of any sort of foreign policy plan other than criticizing, and that he was part of a Congress that put two wars on a credit card.

Four years ago I was hoping that Obama would select Hillary Clinton as Vice President. Instead she is an excellent Secretary of State.

I'm proud this morning to have Biden as Vice President.

by Anonymousreply 6510/12/2012

[quote] Democrat here.

Yeah, right.

Surest sign of a freeper troll is a post that begins with this statement.

by Anonymousreply 6610/12/2012

I can't help but think that people like R63 (And I don't mean to single you out R63) would have been saying the same thing about Obama if he had been more 'forceful' in his debate with Romney. The headlines would have been:

"Obama smug in first debate"

"Obama angry in first debate"

"Obama mocks Romney in first debate"

I don't usually believe in conspiracy theories, but I do believe that there is a desire to make this race close by whomever wants this race to be close and the media plays its part by not giving a complete picture. Fox News is going to be Fox News, but you would expect better from CNN.

by Anonymousreply 6710/12/2012

It's amazing how thin-skinned Ryan is. Anyone criticizing or questioning him gets a reaction that is way more than necessary.

by Anonymousreply 7110/12/2012

Joe was laughing at everything that came out of Ryan's mouth that was untrue. He corrected when he could but it was a signal to the people - "there he goes again."

Joe was magnificent.

by Anonymousreply 7210/12/2012

R67 I never would have agreed with you until this morning when I reviewed how various MSM outlets regarded the VP debates.

by Anonymousreply 7310/12/2012

r70, wrong. Biden wiped the floor with Ryan.

What debate were you watching.

by Anonymousreply 7410/12/2012

Lifelong liberal Democrat here.

As much as I love Obama and voted for him in 2008 and donated money to his campaign, I'm afraid that Biden was a disaster last night. Obviously, Ryan won the debate. Mark my words: It's over. There's no way Obama can win now.

I will be voting for Romney. And I would encourage everyone else to either vote for Romney or simply not vote at all. As a lifelong Democrat (Nobody is more liberal than me!), it absolutely PAINS me to say this, but there you go.

By the way, did I mention that I'm a lifelong Democrat?

P.S. Don't bother replying to this post because I don't visit this site very often. I've got other message boards to visit now.

by Anonymousreply 7510/12/2012

R70, there are Log Cabin-friendly sites where you can do that. Most of us on DL don't like the Republican party and the way it treats us. I don't see that changing anytime soon.

by Anonymousreply 7610/12/2012

Join me and Joe in laughing at R75!

by Anonymousreply 7710/12/2012

It seems that the "I'm a Democrat BUT blah blah blah" trolls are out in force today.

No, they are not Democrats and did not vote for Obama in 2008.

I thought Biden came off a little silly in the beginning but once he got serious, he was very forceful. That smoothed out his entire performance. He schooled Ryan.

Ryan's strategy was "filibuster". Start talking and keep talking and make Biden interrupt you. The only way to win a "debate" like that is to show the moderator your exasperation (Martha, I'm talking to you), react to the lies and interrupt.

Obama took the polite approach and it was deemed a disaster (though I thought he won on substance.)

by Anonymousreply 7810/12/2012

Why, yes! As a lifelong liberalist Democrat, [bold]I TOO[/bold] believe that the Democrat party hates American and wishes to destroy it/her! Plus, everybody knows that Democrats are Communistic drug-smoking hippies who let Muslims play with their shame-holes in their spare time.

I say this out of tough love, as a lifelong leftist Democrat.

by Anonymousreply 7910/12/2012

Fox & Fiends resident Republicunt Gretchen Carlson suggests Ryan should ‘just deck’ Biden. Fair and Balanced!

by Anonymousreply 8010/12/2012

R75 dropped a turd and left. The problem with his logic is that he has none.

by Anonymousreply 8110/12/2012

During the debate, Joe Biden gave me lady wood!

by Anonymousreply 8210/12/2012

[quote] [R75] dropped a turd and left. The problem with his logic is that he has none.

No, I haven't left yet. I've decided to spend a little more time here at The DataLog. I enjoy sharing my wisdom with others like me who are lifelong liberals and members of the Democrat Party.

by Anonymousreply 8310/12/2012

I could never stand Biden but he's on my team and I will defend him. Ryan deserves nothing but the "mean" and derision. If the rethuglicans can use mean and derision as a policy against those who are weaker and more vulnerable then we can use it against this weak minded tool.

And will people stop referring to Ryan as if he were good looking or sexy. He is weirdly unattractive. If he is your dream man then you have serious self esteem issues.

by Anonymousreply 8410/12/2012

Just so I'm clear:

When Obama stood there silent as Mitt told lie after lie after lie, he was a wimp who got his ass handed to him -- but when Paul sits there silent as Joe takes apart Mitt/Ryan's lie after lie after lie, Paul was "dignified." Do I have this right?

Paul had NO response that wasn't a lie or deflection. Every answer that didn't involve a lie was "we wouldn't have done that." He gave no specifics on what they would do, but still attacked Obama.

Some of you have grown so accustomed to Republican bullies and liars getting away with acting like bullies and liars, that you've developed a sort of Stockholm syndrome where you think they should be allowed to act that way without a liberal calling them out for what they are - laughable.

They tell lies that are only worthy of laughter because they're so outrageous. You may want to take their shit, but thank God Joe doesn't and didn't. I only wish it was Mitt out there with Joe. Obama is not the kind of guy who wants to trumpet what he has done to stop this country from driving off a cliff - with an opposing party who fucks with the breaks.

The Republican party deserves no respect in 2012. None. From the day Obama took office, the GOP made their party the top priority, not the country.

I'll admit this: When I was watching, I did think he laughed a little too much, but then I started to remember all of the lies and conspiracies and outright insanity on the right then I thought: How could one not laugh at what they've become?

To the people claiming he was a "meanie": Suck it up, princesses. Joe gave the GOP exactly what they deserved.

by Anonymousreply 8510/12/2012

It's amazing how the right wingers all get their talking points from Fox news then fan out and spread their bullshit in unison.

Focusing on Biden's laughs and facial expressions in a DEBATE??? Are you kidding me?

If only progressives were as disciplined about sticking to their own script.

by Anonymousreply 8610/12/2012

UK DL-er here, Anerican abroad, just finished watching the debate. I like Joe Biden, I have liked Joe Biden since he chaired the Thomas hearings in the early '90s and I thought his performance last night was brilliant. He was a little fuzzy on Libya but when Romney/Ryan attempt to hit him hard on that, for some reason, all I can think of is Condi Rice in that 9/11 hearing attempting to dismiss something as obvious as an intel report from a month before that truly horrific event entitled BIN LADEN DETERMINED TO STRIKE WITHIN THE U.S. I assume most sensible Americans of a certain age have a similar sense of proportion.

The gravest part of the debate was the abortion section. It's pretty clear what the GOP is promising to their lunatic base and it would be disastrous for women, gay men and lesbians.

Ryan was at his worst on taxes, health care and his foreign policy decisions sounded like they were right out of the Saran Palin "brush up yer Shakespeare" play book. He lacked the ability to expand on any of his FP policy positions and failed to demonstrate any credible opposition to Obama's positions. They are clearly beating a snare drum for war with Iran.

I look forward to Obama sealing the deal on Tuesday night.

by Anonymousreply 8710/12/2012

AMEN, r85, AMEN!

by Anonymousreply 8810/12/2012

Thank you, R87. Well said.

by Anonymousreply 8910/12/2012

[quote]dropped a turd and left. The problem with his logic is that he has none.

You need to tune your sarcasm detector. R75 was a spoof, and a pretty good one at that.

by Anonymousreply 9010/12/2012

R63, on the other hand, was most definitely not.

by Anonymousreply 9110/12/2012

"I don't visit this site very often. I've got other message boards to visit now."

I would imagine those sites would include FoxNews.com, NazisRUs.com and Freerepublic.com."

by Anonymousreply 9210/12/2012

[quote]The Hack Gap Rears Its Ugly Head Yet Again

by Anonymousreply 9310/12/2012

r75, I got it. It was a joke post. Nicely done.

by Anonymousreply 9410/12/2012

Ryan couldn't wait to get out the "mangled words" (or hoever he said it) boffo zinger. Sure, he got laughs, but Joe got the final line:

I say what I mean.

by Anonymousreply 9510/12/2012

Don't leave out the best part, R95: "like Romney"

by Anonymousreply 9610/12/2012

Ladies, it's all rigged. They work for corporations, Israel and the military - and if they don't, they're executed! How can you possibly believe in election results after everything we've been shown? Red, blue - they are all in it together. Reading from their script. This is "reality" tv, nothing more. Fasten your seatbelt...

by Anonymousreply 9710/12/2012

Ryan aka Eddie Munster - always looks like he's sitting on a dildo with that smirk.

by Anonymousreply 9810/12/2012

Biden is the best thing that happened to Obama's administration. End of discussion.

by Anonymousreply 9910/12/2012

For his closing statement serious Ryan finally turned to the camera fully revealing his Eddie Munster haircut and Dumbo ears. We couldn't stop laughing.

What did he say?

by Anonymousreply 10110/12/2012

And Mitt was wonderful when we lied and interrupted Lehrer and changed the rules. So powerful and forceful as that wimp stood quiet and took it!

by Anonymousreply 10210/12/2012

Biden is brilliant and Ryan is a fool. That's simply the way it is.

by Anonymousreply 10310/12/2012

Biden provided the "zing" factor lacking in Obama's presentation. Apparently, people are impressed by that. This is just what the campaign needed.

by Anonymousreply 10410/12/2012

The shots that got me were the ones with Ryan looking at Biden like a teenybopper in love.

by Anonymousreply 10510/12/2012

Paul Ryan...a monster to workers. A piece of shit, nothing more.

by Anonymousreply 10610/12/2012

I see the freepers are out in full force today here and on Fox News.

You know what, Ryan deserves to be called out and derided for his statements.

And one thing it seems freepers love to overlook is that the Romney/Ryan plan has no substance that is readily evident. It is just lurching from position to position to try to appeal to voters.

by Anonymousreply 10710/12/2012

I wish that Jolting Joe Biden would have brought up that Paul Ryan gets his ideas from that nutcase Ayn Rand! Yep, what a great mind Ryan has!

Ryan looked like such a twerp last night, especially with that annoying stupid smug thin lipped grin on his face. He also has such dead looking scary eyes.

by Anonymousreply 10810/12/2012

Fuck the GOP. Fuck them right up the ass. We've been nice and good and kind and polite for 4 years and all we've gotten is more shit. It's about time Biden fought fire with fire. I hope Obama does the same.

NOBODY LIKES A NANCY-PANTS PUSSY. The stakes are too high. It's time to get dirty.

by Anonymousreply 10910/12/2012

[quote]I wish that Jolting Joe Biden would have brought up that Paul Ryan gets his ideas from that nutcase Ayn Rand!

He should have done that after Martha made the fuss about how Catholic both candidates are.

by Anonymousreply 11010/12/2012

Oh, hell. How else was Biden supposed to act when the little shit was sitting there in his parallel universe lying his tight ass off.

And don't be fooled by that little phoney's choir boy pose. He had his sarcasm-laced zingers ready but he could only get a couple of them in. Biden was ready for them.

The closing where Ryan talking about how the opposition lacked experience or a record of achievement and so they had to lie, was laughable. I spewed my coke out on that one myself. Oh, the irony.

I was fascinated by watching Joe talking to Little Pauley's Mom. You could tell she was chastising him for roughing up her boy and he smiled sweetly at her and said, "Go fuck yourself, you old battle ax!"

by Anonymousreply 11110/12/2012

Elect him and you will find out just how mean Paul Ryan really is. Go ahead, assholes.

by Anonymousreply 11210/12/2012

That's where democrats are still making mistakes, they are trying to treat Repugs as if they are ladies and gentlemen and worthy of respect. There is nothing to respect, might as well treat them like the idiots they are. They understand bullies and we should be bulling the shit out of them, they are spineless and will behave like any other spineless person...do what they are told.

by Anonymousreply 11310/12/2012

[quote] I'm not sure I'd actually vote Republican

LOL. Please.

by Anonymousreply 11510/12/2012

r114. They are paying too much. You are TERRIBLE!

by Anonymousreply 11610/12/2012

[quote]Paul's family seems very happy and well-adjusted.

I'm guessing he's not home much.

by Anonymousreply 11710/12/2012

STFU r114. Is Joe Biden's family NOT happy and well adjusted? Is he not a good man with good values? Cram it with walnuts, shitstain.

Notice how Biden was rude, condescending and matter-of-fact, and won the debate? It's because nobody wants to vote for weak people. Sorry, Obama is weak and he needs to play dirty to win the respect of independent voters.

Joe Biden last night proved it's not the just the message vote for, it's the delivery. Obama, deliver your message with the intensity of Joe Biden and you will win this election.

Kindness gets you dry fucked up the ass.

by Anonymousreply 11810/12/2012

In reality, he's like any fascist pig who takes his orders from Corporations. They are all the same, heartless.

by Anonymousreply 11910/12/2012

I like when Biden kept telling them to "get out of our way"..

by Anonymousreply 12010/12/2012

R114 = Mary Sunshine

by Anonymousreply 12110/12/2012

"Paul's family seems very happy and well-adjusted. That says a lot about a man. I'm not sure I'd actually vote Republican, but he does seem like a good man with good values."

Ryan's entire m.o. is "I got mine, fuck you." What part of you are not a member of Ryan's "happy family" and he doesn't give a shit about you, are you not understanding?

Romney wants to run a $5 trillion deficit. He wants to increase the military enormously after we leave Afghanistan, for no reason, even though the Joint Chiefs are against it. He has never given a straight answer about whether he plans to go to war with Iran or Syria, other than to hint and hint that's exactly what he plans to do.

Planning to bulk up the military on ground war expenses is exactly what it would take, and that's what he plans to do. Ryan talked about needing tanks. This isn't WWII. Obama continues to use unmanned drones, no matter how disliked they are, because it means no American boots on the ground. He's also got the CIA sending computer viruses to Iran's nuclear plants, with considerable success. You may not hear about it on the news, but you're not supposed to. The most expensive military costs are men and their supplies. It all points to Romney starting at least one war to ensure his re-election. And you think Ryan's family proves he has morals?

Are you willing to go get ripped apart and tortured to death in Iran? You go first.

by Anonymousreply 12210/12/2012

R114, he has little kids. What exactly were you expecting to see, track marks on their arms? Jesus, are you a frau.

There are a lot of politicians who have good families or at least the appearance of a good family.

Here's the difference: He doesn't give a shit about YOUR family.

by Anonymousreply 12410/12/2012

Paul Ryan -when talking about abortion- mentioned his own experience with his own child.

He's too myopic to comprehend that not every pregnancy is a God damned Hallmark card.

by Anonymousreply 12510/12/2012

cute little baby "bean"!

by Anonymousreply 12610/12/2012

I bet R114 thought the Sanduskies were great for taking in all those unwanted kids.

by Anonymousreply 12710/12/2012

I don't think people want to get in a contest to see which politicians have raised better adjusted kids.

by Anonymousreply 12810/12/2012

r113 and r118 hit the nail on the head. You can't be polite with the GOP or you'll be mowed down and plowed under.

by Anonymousreply 12910/12/2012

This is a man who was able to go to college and support himself because the government was there for him when HE needed it, but he doesn't want that for others so they can have their own "very happy and well-adjusted family," R114.

Seriously, you have to grow the hell up and stop being so simplistic.

by Anonymousreply 13110/12/2012

Anybody hear Limbaugh this morning (yes, I monitor him during KTLK commercials) calling Biden "BOORISH"?

Yup. I almost drove off Beverly Blvd.

Rush Limbaugh, who's made a career out of being boorish.

by Anonymousreply 13310/12/2012

Awwwww....well, ain't that just too bad! Cry me a river. And Paul Ryan and his Republicans are gonna be a HECK of a lot meaner to LGBTs!!!

by Anonymousreply 13410/12/2012

R132, you're talking about a specific program, I'm talking about the government over all. You realize not everyone falls under the "orphan" category, but still needs help, right?

by Anonymousreply 13510/12/2012

overall*

by Anonymousreply 13610/12/2012

yeah. R130. he's one of the nice homophobes. lole you I guess.

by Anonymousreply 13810/12/2012

How do you respond to gay friends that are going to vote for Romney, I have told them I'm ashamed of them but that means nothing. I have one gay male and one lesbian that post all this pro-Romney shit on facebook

by Anonymousreply 13910/12/2012

R137, before Social Security, the majority of elderly were poor. Now they're not. That's what Social Security means.

When the stock market dropped around the dot com bust era, a coworker was forced to retire, right at the exact moment his 401K's value dropped about 50%. No choice. He had saved for 30 years. His private stock investments dropped too. He had no choice but to leave the home he had lived in for many years, because he couldn't afford to live in SF any more, and move to a cheaper town where he knew no one. This was a guy who had scrimped and saved and never spent money on luxuries. He owned his own home.

Of course, that could never happen to you because you're just too special, right?

by Anonymousreply 14010/12/2012

R137, you remind me of Libertarian jerk-off Curt Schilling who was so self-sufficient that when he fucked up on his investment, he expected the government to bail him out.

by Anonymousreply 14110/12/2012

romney and ryan, both, are psychopaths.

by Anonymousreply 14210/12/2012

R139, I know of a self-loathing gay who was posting all of this crap about Romney defending his charitable deductions not acknowledging that they were to the Mormon Church (required) and that those helped pass Prop 8 in California.

I and a few others called him out and defriended him. I have no use for someone like that.

by Anonymousreply 14310/12/2012

I agree with whoever said Ryan looks like Ma Kettle in drag...

by Anonymousreply 14510/12/2012

What did you expect from Limbaugh? An acknowledgement that Biden bested Ryan? Why listen to him and get your blood pressure up?

by Anonymousreply 14610/12/2012

This:

by Anonymousreply 14710/12/2012

Love. It.

by Anonymousreply 14810/12/2012

"Paul's family seems very happy and well-adjusted."

He's a fucking Catholic, a religion in which the members let pedophiles run amok and spend hundreds of millions of dollars protecting and defending these same pedophiles. How well adjusted is that?

by Anonymousreply 14910/12/2012

I don't get what the fuck people are afraid of. Period. You know Barack Obama now. You know Joe Biden. You have four years of achievement to look at. This man walked into a shit mess. We were on the verge of a complete financial collapse. Do you even realize what that meant? I live in Ohio.

I live in a very middle class to affluent neighborhood. A lot of small business owners, university professors, accountants, educators, mid level and higher level manufacturing managers, etc.

The foreclosures, the layoffs, business closings, were devastating. We still haven't fully recovered. It was a nightmare starting from about 2006 until this year. You could actually feel the fear and the tension.

People who've never know economic hardship were homeless. Can you even get your arms around the concept of this country losing more than 700,000 jobs in one month the way January, 2009 was?

Can you imagine what it was like for a small businessman not to be able to get credit from the bank to make his payroll? The banks froze all lending for months.

Obama walked into that situation. Bush's emergency stimulus bill passed with no strings attached. Obama's second stimulus had strings attached. The banks have paid back their stimulus money. With Interest. That's not fiction it's fact.

The stock market is healthy again, job growth is slow, but it is happening, unemployment is coming down, under 8% for the first time in more than four years! Banks are lending, people are starting to spend.

Obama has helped with student loans, he's cut taxes for small business owners,he signed the law for women to get equal pay, he passed healthcare reform that allows parents to keep kids on their healthcare until they reach the age of 25-26. Do you know how important that is?

Obama has given seniors better Medicare coverage while saving more than $716billion by cutting costs thru insurers and big pharma and not in anyway harming Seniors. He's cut taxes for the middle class and wants to cut them more. The deficit has gone down two trillion dollars.

The Republicans want to get rid of him because he makes them look bad. He's worked hard,and done so much good in four short years and with tons of opposition to over come,it's staggering what he's been able to accomplish. As Joe Biden loves to say," Osama Bin Laden is dead, and General Motors is alive!"

So the GOP convinces people to vote against their own interests. There's no reason not to vote for Obama. None. Romney and Ryan, as was obvious last night, only know how to attack and criticize. They are small people with small vision. That's why they had to have laws passed in the GOP to suppress the vote.

They propose nothing. They're laughably ignorant and won't divulge their plans because "the opposition will just criticize us." How stupid are the American people? They will vote for someone who exploits their fears and convinces them they are discouraged, disappointed and dissatisfied. Yet, they offer you nothing.

They're going to roll back the modest regulations for Wall Street, they will roll back anything resembling cuts to big pharma or the gas & oil folks. They're not going to tax their friends.

They'd rather borrow money from China to fund tax cuts for the wealthy and wars for their big defense contractors then fund education, Medicare or scientific research & development.

Obama ended DADT, and supports Gay marriage. He supports a woman's right to choose. The next President will appoint at least two Supreme Court justices. The Extreme Right sees complete victory finally within their sights.

If they win, there will be no chance the SCOTUS will overturn Citizens United. We will be fully owned.We will have no more free & fair elections. How anyone could willingly participate in their own destruction baffles me.There is no rational reason to vote for Romney. None.

by Anonymousreply 15010/12/2012

Love you, R150.

by Anonymousreply 15110/12/2012

[quote]then I don't see how you could ever argue AGAINST the opt-out concept.

Easy. It's a defined benefit plan with no risk. It's basic insurance.

Look, the bottom line is that it's a safety net. It's not designed to let you live in luxury. It's designed to provide a basic foundation on which to grow your retirement. If you're one of the less fortunate, it *is* your retirement. Or your disability benefit. Or your survivor benefit.

And the bottom line is that it works. Compare today to life before Social Security as it exists today and it's easy to see why it's popular.

by Anonymousreply 15210/12/2012

[quote]but he does seem like a good man with good values.

The "values" of destroying the safety net for the entire United States? The "values" of paying for massive tax cuts for the wealthy by the largest transfer of wealth from the poor and the middle class that we've ever had? The "values" of taking away health care from tens of millions of people? Those "values?"

by Anonymousreply 15310/12/2012

It's not just popular with Seniors. It's popilar for struggling families who are trying to deal with college tuition and parents who are elderly. Because without Social Security and Medicare that cost would be passed on to families.

by Anonymousreply 15410/12/2012

But in all honesty, it wasn't a debate as much as a joint public appearance.

by Anonymousreply 15510/13/2012

r150 for the win.

by Anonymousreply 15710/13/2012

Kisses,r150. I need to print that verbatim and stand on every street corner handing out fliers.

by Anonymousreply 15810/13/2012

[quote]He was really irritating and acted like an asshole.

Nope, he acted like a guy who had had enough of the bullshit and wasn't going to take anymore.

Funny how the people who think Biden was "irritating" can't seem to come up with anything of substance to complain about.

by Anonymousreply 15910/13/2012

Biden, like Rmoney was dominating in the debate, with a huge exception...Biden used truth based facts followed up with his own progression of achievement.

Rude and obnoxious = lying to the American people = Ryan

Standing up for the American people = Calling out the liar = Biden

by Anonymousreply 16010/13/2012

I find it interesting that all the Republicans are outraged at Biden's rude behavior, at his interrupting the weasel's lies, at his smiling and condescension -- BUT they LOVE that fat fuck Chris Christie (the most slovenly, uncouth, gross, disrespectful politician in my lifetime. These assholes have no bounds in regard to their silly hypocrisy. Obviously, they never listen to themselves speak (which is really the only sensible thing that can do).

by Anonymousreply 16110/13/2012

R156's breasts are rotting.

by Anonymousreply 16210/13/2012

To me it's the best attack there is. Point and laugh and then come up with actual facts that back up your point of view.

Paul Ryan deserves no respect for being a stupid liar (since everybody sees through his lies the moment they pass his lips) and a political douchebag.

by Anonymousreply 16310/13/2012

Hey, Paul Ryan would have been rude and obcoxious if he'd been given the chance!

by Anonymousreply 16410/13/2012

Not ONE Republican/FOX/Beck/Limbaugh/CNN/et al. criticism of Joe Biden's debate performance included the claim that Biden lied, or even "misspoke."

Does no-one find that omission to be incredibly damning of Ryan??

by Anonymousreply 16510/13/2012

Biden was just wrong for calling out Ryan like that about the letters he sent begging for stimulus money ... LOVED IT! Highlight of the debate for me.

by Anonymousreply 16610/13/2012

You know the Libya attack was tragic. It was chaotic and terrible and they are investigating it and tracking down the perpws. One thing Americans can count on. When President Obama says he will bring them to justice. He will bring them to justice.

As for Iran, other countries, more than 49 of them at last count are closely monitoring Iran because no one wants them to acquire the capability of having operational nuclear weapons.

All those countries have brought their collective resources to bear and WE, are all monitoring Iran. If Iran were even close to weaponizing nuclear power, we'd know it. There would be an outcry such as you have never seen.

Right now there are severe sanctions being imposed on Iran. Severe Sanctions. Those sanctions are crippling Iran. For all the saber rattling, it is clear to most people in the rest of the world that Iran is going down. Only some warmongering assholes in the Neo Con camp want to scare us into a war. Cheney and his mushroom clouds redux.

Paul Ryan's stupidity, his inexperience and his limitations in the foreign policy arena were on full display at the debate. His sophomoric recitration of the carious regions of Afghanistan was laughably transparent.

Having said that, I would also point out that the American people are preoccupied with what's happening here at home. Kitchen Table issues.

So with all due respect, Obama/Biden has a track record and accomplished more good that will directly imporve people's lives, than anything in the vague, dishonest proposals and convoluted plans Ryan articulated so poorly at the debate. Fuck Romney and fuck Ryan. But don't vote for them!

by Anonymousreply 16810/13/2012

Well, r167, how about then you find the PDB titled "Terrorists Determined to Strike US Consulate at Benghazi" and its six brethren that Obama ignored?

As they say, every life is sacred, but compared to Bush's 9/11/01 3000+ (as a starter course to many more deaths, not even counting New Orleans) and Reagan's 241 dead Marines in Beirut, the number at Benghazi pales, and your crocodile tears and faux-umbrage are beneath contempt.

by Anonymousreply 16910/13/2012

Link please, R169.

by Anonymousreply 17010/13/2012

Actually the undecideds are turned off by the smell of r171's rotting freepertwat, but I digress.

by Anonymousreply 17210/13/2012

Biden was a diva. A diva that was able to back up the diva act with actual talent.

by Anonymousreply 17310/13/2012

GOP is politicizing a tragedy - quelle surprise!

I'm sure the neo cons are currently looking for a way to capitalize on this tragedy for yet another war.

"How to blame Iran for this one?"

by Anonymousreply 17410/13/2012

Undecideds loved Biden's vigor and honesty. This is causing the Reich to panic.

by Anonymousreply 17510/13/2012

Biden dropped the ball from tweeting live: 'Have the best seat in the house of that big premier performance of that new stand up comedian Paul Ryan. Maybe some of you heard of him? *LOL*

by Anonymousreply 17610/13/2012

Link to what, r170? There was no such PDB. Do you not get parody/sarcasm?

Unless you mean a link to the 241 dead Marines, in which case, Google.

by Anonymousreply 17710/13/2012

It wasn't a big waste of time at all. The VP debate brought up abortion in a way that is impossible to ignore. Romney/Ryan would end a woman's right to choose, end her control over her own body and reproductive choices. That is huge.

It also brought up Medicare and Social Security in ways that cannot be ignored. Romney/Ryan would turn Medicare into a voucher system and privatize Social Security. It could not be any more clear.

It was a huge loss for Republicans and a huge win for Democrats on Thursday. Huge.

by Anonymousreply 17810/13/2012

This says it all

by Anonymousreply 18010/13/2012

Tell me again how Biden was too agressive? Our [italic]last[/italic] VP shot a guy in the face!

by Anonymousreply 18110/13/2012

LOLOL, R181!

The very best passage in that article linked to Matt Tiaibbi in Rolling Stone is this part:

"Sometimes in journalism I think we take the objectivity thing too far. We think being fair means giving equal weight to both sides of every argument. But sometimes in the zeal to be objective, reporters get confused. You can't report the Obama tax plan and the Romney tax plan in the same way, because only one of them is really a plan, while the other is actually not a plan at all, but an electoral gambit."

"The Romney/Ryan ticket decided, with incredible cynicism, that that they were going to promise this massive tax break, not explain how to pay for it, and then just hang on until election day, knowing that most of the political press would let it skate, or at least not take a dump all over it when explaining it to the public. Unchallenged, and treated in print and on the air as though it were the same thing as a real plan, a 20 percent tax cut sounds pretty good to most Americans. Hell, it sounds good to me."

"The proper way to report such a tactic is to bring to your coverage exactly the feeling that Biden brought to the debate last night: contempt and amazement. We in the press should be offended by what Romney and Ryan are doing – we should take professional offense that any politician would try to whisk such a gigantic lie past us to our audiences, and we should take patriotic offense that anyone is trying to seize the White House using such transparently childish and dishonest tactics."

by Anonymousreply 18210/13/2012

I'm sick of men telling women to keep their legs closed, R179. Don't put your dick in there and there won't be any baby.

If Ryan gets anywhere near a seat of power, young women ought to get themselves sterilzed. It's their only chance not to be forced to be baby machines, willing or not. Ryan wants raped women that have an abortion with a coat hanger to be charged with murder one.

In the current PBS series, Call the Midwife, set in 1957, a character mentions that there are 80-100 babies born every month in the poor neighborhood they serve. One of the pregnant mothers already has 24 children. The same neighborhood had 5-8 births a month five years later, when birth control pills became widely available in the area. That's how many of those babies were actually wanted out of the previous total. It's based on a true story.

It's a good series to watch if you want to know what the world will be like when Paul Ryan and his ilk take power.

by Anonymousreply 18310/13/2012

yes

by Anonymousreply 18410/14/2012

Thank God Joe was more restrained than Dick Cheney.

Cheney would have shot him in the face and told him to go fuck himself.

by Anonymousreply 18510/14/2012
Need more help? Click Here.