Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Steve Schmidt

If he lost about 50 lbs he would be fucking hot as hell.

by Anonymousreply 2410/18/2012

Who is Steve Schmidt?

by Anonymousreply 110/11/2012

Ol' Torpedo Head?!

by Anonymousreply 210/11/2012

Schmidt is a high level Republican strategist. He worked on McCain/Palin. He is now a commentator on MSNBC and a damn good one.

Woody Harrelson played him in "Game Change" on HBO.

I don't know about the "he'd be hot" assessment but I like him.

by Anonymousreply 310/12/2012

I have a major crush on Steve Schmidt, OP. Love his blue eyes. He may be a Republican but he's not an asshole. He always gives his opinion in a measured and reasonable manner. I'm always thrilled to see him on MSNBC.

by Anonymousreply 410/12/2012

Agreed, R4. I'm assuming married with kids?

by Anonymousreply 510/12/2012

assuming makes an ass out of you and me. wrong,r5.

by Anonymousreply 610/12/2012

Always looks constipated

by Anonymousreply 710/12/2012

So what's the story? Is she straight?

by Anonymousreply 810/12/2012

Schmidt is married - at least I think he is, but only because at the beginning of "Game Change" he said something about promising his wife he wouldn't participate in the campaign in 2008. He apparently also has children.

From Schmidt's Wiki:

Stance on gay rights

Schmidt voiced his support for gay rights at meeting of the Log Cabin Republicans, a gay Republican group. He said: "I just wanted to take a second to come by and pay my respect and the campaign's respect to your organization and to your group. Your organization is an important one in the fabric of our party."

Schmidt said about his lesbian sister and her life partner: "On a personal level, my sister and her partner are an important part of my life and our children's life. I admire your group and your organization and I encourage you to keep fighting for what you believe in because the day is going to come."

by Anonymousreply 910/12/2012

I also have respect for Schmidt.

It seems like he is the ONLY Republican in 2012 who doesn't pander to the far right nutjobs and crazies.

He gives a very rational and logical explanation for why he feels the way he does, and always gives an honest (Republican) assessment of debates and convention speeches.

I can honestly say that he is the ONLY Republican that I have any respect for.

The rest of them merely give canned bullshit responses that simply tow the party line.

Republicans have reduced themselves to propaganda spouting robots, with the exception of Steve Schmidt.

by Anonymousreply 1010/12/2012

apologies r5. I totally misunderstood your post , thus my snarkly response. see r9 for schmidt's marital status.

by Anonymousreply 1110/12/2012

No one knows who the real Steve Schmidt is. He's got a good thing going on MSNBC. Maybe he's gunning for his own show. Of course his comments are going to be measured.

This is the same guy who heaped Sarah Palin on the American people.

Neither McCain nor Schmidt should ever be forgiven for that.

by Anonymousreply 1210/13/2012

I'd say r9's post gives us some insight into his character. I'm not holding Palin against him. It was ultimately John McCain's decision to add her to the ticket.

by Anonymousreply 1310/13/2012

Schmidt is very unattractive. And he never says anythong particularly insightful as a political contributer on MSNBC.

by Anonymousreply 1410/13/2012

ewww, OP you must not get out much. i like big burly men of that age, and i find him not attractive in the slightest.

by Anonymousreply 1510/13/2012

Schmidt is only 42? He loos mid-50s.

by Anonymousreply 1610/13/2012

[quote]If he lost about 50 lbs he would be fucking hot as hell.

Nah, he'd still be a fat fucker who hates women who want to succeed. Also, he looks AT LEAST ten years older than his age, particularly if you consider that Woody Harrelson portrayed him onscreen -- when Woody was 50 at the time and playing a 38-year-old Schmidt!

by Anonymousreply 1710/13/2012

No one mentions the phiwwy accent. Yous guys?

by Anonymousreply 1810/13/2012

Is this the guy you think is hot opee?

by Anonymousreply 1910/13/2012

I don't think he's hot but I do like his commentary on MSNBC and I will always love him for his final smackdown of Sarah Pain on the night of the 2008 election. (as it was played by Woody Harrelson, anyway)

by Anonymousreply 2010/17/2012

Poor Steve.

He knows what he did with Palin. He knows it was a terminal mistake. He's saner than most of the Repug machine. And he still carries water for them on TV, but he knows what this was tonight. A bloodbath in Obama's favor.

He represents the real Republican Party that will hopefully, someday take it back in four to eight to twelve years. And if they ever do take it back from the crazies, it'll be a real, fair fight.

by Anonymousreply 2110/17/2012

Insightful post, r21. Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 2210/17/2012

First of all, with regard to his purported "hotness," all I can say is bleccchhhh. No, with or without the 50 pounds. Just no.

[quote]He represents the real Republican Party that will hopefully, someday take it back in four to eight to twelve years. And if they ever do take it back from the crazies, it'll be a real, fair fight.

Interesting question. I'm not so sure that at this point they can take it back without a very big fight that would ultimately produce a split in the Republican party. Right now you have the Raving Lunatic Batshit Crazy wing of the Republican party and then the somewhat less crazy part. The sane people have either left or died. Repairing that divide without tearing the whole thing apart is going to be a Herculean task. Not sure there is anyone on that side of the aisle up for the job.

by Anonymousreply 2310/17/2012

Am I missing something? No where in r21's post does he or she pose a question. And I think Steve is just fine. No question about it.

by Anonymousreply 2410/18/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!