Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Billy Graham to Mittens: ‘I’ll do all I can to help you’

October 11, 2012

ASHEVILLE, N.C. — Mitt Romney asked the Rev. Billy Graham for his prayers Thursday and the ailing evangelist came through by praying with the Republican presidential candidate and offering his support.

The 30-minute meeting between the world-renowned Christian leader and Romney could provide the former governor with a major boost among evangelical Christians skeptical of supporting the first Mormon nominated for president.

Graham then asked Romney what he could do to help.

“Prayer is the most helpful thing you can do for me,” Romney said. “And what you’re planning, what your son has shown me is going to be very very helpful. And I appreciate that. Its going to be terrific.”

Graham, Franklin Graham and Romney then prayed and as the meeting ended, campaign aides said that Graham told Romney: “I’ll do all I can to help you. And you can quote me on that.”

by Anonymousreply 3710/23/2012

Filthy rat bastard hypocrite.

by Anonymousreply 110/11/2012

Die, Billy Graham, Die!

by Anonymousreply 210/11/2012

I thought he was dead.

by Anonymousreply 310/11/2012

Just die!

by Anonymousreply 410/11/2012

Call him home God. Call Pat Robertson too while you're at it.

by Anonymousreply 510/11/2012

Billy Graham hates Gays even more than Mitt Romney, so they some a lot in common.

by Anonymousreply 610/12/2012

Hey Franklin and Billy, you realize this man's religion DENIES the unique godly nature of Jesus Christ and teaches that Lucifer is his older brother, right?

by Anonymousreply 710/12/2012

Hasn't he kicked off YET?

by Anonymousreply 810/12/2012

Evil Old Men - that is America today.

by Anonymousreply 910/12/2012

Graham is a lying whore too

by Anonymousreply 1010/12/2012

One of these days, Billy Graham and his North American network of anti-gay Haus Fraus supporters, will die off. But until then, they are doing real harm, at all levels, to the gay community.

If you ever meet a supporter of Billy Graham, either gear up for a fight or avoid them and leave the room.

by Anonymousreply 1110/12/2012

He's very old now

by Anonymousreply 1210/12/2012

Honestly, I think Billy Graham is mostly bed ridden and senile. All these statements are issued by his vile, evil son Franklin.

by Anonymousreply 1310/12/2012

That's Franklinstein to you!

by Anonymousreply 1410/12/2012

For what it's worth -- i.e., not a lot -- Billy Graham is a Democrat.

by Anonymousreply 1510/12/2012

North Carolina and Virgina certainly will go for Romney now

by Anonymousreply 1610/12/2012

Billy Graham is a Democrat like the Pope is a Christian - in name only.

by Anonymousreply 1710/12/2012

Really? He's still breathing?

He looked like the Crypt Keeper 20 years ago. I notice we haven't seen a recent photo.

Now that Halloween is nigh, perhaps we'll get one.

by Anonymousreply 1810/12/2012

More like Dixiecrat.

by Anonymousreply 1910/12/2012

He must be 125 by now; he already looked ancient 30 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 2010/12/2012

There are a number of anti-gay Democrats, but all Republicans are anti-gay.

Billy Graham fits the Angry Old Man, profile to a T.

by Anonymousreply 2110/12/2012

It doesn't matter that there are anti-gay Dems because the platform is pro-gay.

by Anonymousreply 2210/12/2012

The hypocrisy is that fundamentalists view the Mormon religion as a demonic false religion. I guess it's the "enemy of my enemy" thing.

by Anonymousreply 2310/12/2012

Hmm...wonder if Franklin was "translating" for his dad? Billy was always very careful to pray with/for ALL the candidates. In his own way, he was very political like that, because he wouldn't alienate followers who were against a candidate he supported.

by Anonymousreply 2410/12/2012

[quote]The hypocrisy is that fundamentalists view the Mormon religion as a demonic false religion. I guess it's the "enemy of my enemy" thing.

The irony being that Islam pretty much has the same story on Jesus as Christians, they just believe he's a prophet from God, not the son.

(And we know Fredo Graham thinks Obama is a Muslim).

by Anonymousreply 2510/12/2012

You cannot blame Billy's hatred on his son. Billy himself was all over the radio here in NC during the anti-gay amendment passage urging the faithful to vote against the evil homosexuals. Billy Graham is a who will soon be in hell where he belongs. Billy himself was on the radio here urging the faithful to join him at Chikenshit Fil-a on that day when he and the other hate mongers rewarded a restaurant chain for being gay bashers.

Billy Graham is a hate monger.

by Anonymousreply 2610/12/2012

Correction: Billy Graham is a liar who will soon

by Anonymousreply 2710/12/2012

And let's not forget his comments about Jews, R26.

by Anonymousreply 2810/12/2012

[quote]But until then, they are doing real harm, at all levels, to the gay community.

They are doing real harm to everyone. Fucking douchetards.

by Anonymousreply 2910/12/2012

Here's the page that was scrubbed from Billy Graham's website when he decided to back Romney.

"What is a cult?

A cult is any group which teaches doctrines or beliefs that deviate from the biblical message of the Christian faith. It is very important that we recognize cults and avoid any involvement with them. Cults often teach some Christian truth mixed with error, which may be difficult to detect.

There are some features common to most cults:

• They do not adhere solely to the sixty-six books of the Bible as the inspired Word of God. They add their "special revelations" to the Bible and view them as equally authoritative.

• They do not accept that our relationship to Jesus Christ is a reality "by grace through faith" alone, but promote instead a salvation by works.

• They do not give Jesus Christ, the divine Son of God, full recognition as the second Person of the Trinity, composed of God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit.

Some of these groups are Jehovah's Witnesses, Mormons, the Unification Church, Unitarians, Spiritists, Scientologists, and others."

by Anonymousreply 3010/22/2012

by Anonymousreply 3110/22/2012

What an Evil old F*uck!

by Anonymousreply 3210/22/2012

Thanks to the Nixon tapes, we know what Billy Graham is really like.

by Anonymousreply 3310/22/2012

[quote]Billy Graham hates Gays even more than Mitt Romney,

No joke about that, full page ad in my Sunday paper yesterday, paid for by THE BILLY GRAHAM EVANGELISTIC ASSOCIATION.  He doesn't come right out and say vote for Romney, what he does is more hateful.  This is a quote from the ad:

[quote]I strongly urge you to vote for candidates who support the biblical definition of marriage between a man and woman, protect the sanctity of life, and defend our religious freedoms.

All the more reason to vote for President Obama.  Anyone that is associating with this nutcase is clearly not dealing with a full deck.

by Anonymousreply 3410/22/2012

>A cult is any group which teaches doctrines or beliefs that deviate from the biblical message of the Christian faith.

Judaism? Buddhism?

by Anonymousreply 3510/22/2012

Billy Graham has been promoting hatred against the Gay community for a very, very long time now.

by Anonymousreply 3610/22/2012

Enemies of the Gay Community are aligning.

by Anonymousreply 3710/23/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!