Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

Good homemade face scrubs or masks

Tired of buying shit with suspicious ingredients. I have very sensitive skin too so I don't want anything that irritates it. I've heard bananas, strawberries and cucumbers are good.

by Anonymousreply 1210/13/2012

How about used coffee grounds mixed with a little water.

by Anonymousreply 110/11/2012

Very simple, works great:

2 parts sea salt to 1 part good olive oil. Massage into dry skin for a few minutes. Rinse well.

Another is to mix good olive oil with enough baking soda to make a paste. Massage with fingertips and then rinse.

My mother had beautiful skin. She always used mayonnaise mixed with finely ground almonds to make a paste. She massaged it onto her skin and then left it for about 10 minutes. I don't use this because I make mayonnaise as I use it and rarely have any around in between.

She used mashed avocados as a face mask. I do this and I love how my face feels afterward.

If you use oil to clean your face, you may find you don't need to exfoliate. I use good olive oil mixed with a little jojoba oil (or castor oil if you have oily skin) in the morning and at bedtime. Put it on dry skin, massage and rinse. If there is any oil residue, massage it in. It's good for your skin. I've also used almond oil, which is excellent. Since I began using oil instead of cleansers, my skin looks and feels better than it ever has.

by Anonymousreply 210/13/2012

Men don't use face masks!

by Anonymousreply 310/13/2012

Well papaya and pineapple have high sugar acids and will give you more of a gentle peel. I would stay away from salt in an oil based scrub and go with sugar. Salt is a chemical, a natural chemical, and would wick moisture from your skin. They use it to dehydrate meat in the curing process so keep it off your skin.

by Anonymousreply 410/13/2012

If you have sensitive skin, definitely don't use salt on it (or oil). I'd say don't even use a scrub. I have sensitive skin plus curly beard. I used to think I needed a scrub to help with the ingrown hairs I'd get, but the scrub was torture on my face. Turns out the scrubs just made the ingrown hairs worse. I switched to a cheap, oil-free facial cleanser that has salicylic acid in it and my complexion has never been better, and no more ingrown hairs. I even use the cleanser as a shave cream - the salicylic acid seems to help reduce post-shave inflammation. Follow it up with Neutrogena Triple Protect, which is also oil-free, and you're good to go. Good and inexpensive.

by Anonymousreply 510/13/2012

Semen and egg whites.

by Anonymousreply 610/13/2012

Rolled oats, honey, egg white.

by Anonymousreply 710/13/2012

I use cum pacts,makes the face smooth,and kissable.

by Anonymousreply 810/13/2012

Ground aspirin in honey

by Anonymousreply 910/13/2012

Pumice stone, Bar Keeper's Friend plus a little water to make a paste.

by Anonymousreply 1010/13/2012

R5, I have extremely sensitive skin. Plain old food grade olive oil is the best cleanser I've ever used. Almond oil is good too.

All of that other crap created more problems as it solved the current ones.

As for not using salt because it's used to cure meats, it's not as if you're leaving it on your skin for weeks. It's a quick on and off. I tried sugar with olive oil and didn't like the results as well as salt. Like I said above, I don't use anything but oil now. It's all I need and my skin has never been healthier.

by Anonymousreply 1110/13/2012

I've put avocado on my skin. My skin feels great afterwards.

by Anonymousreply 1210/13/2012
Need more help? Click Here.