Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

The So-Called "Undecideds"

I'm with Randi Rhodes on this one. How the hell could ANYONE possibly be "undecided" at this point in the game? Obama and Romney couldn't present a more stark contrast as far as their visions and plans are concerned.

I also think that anyone who voted for Obama in '08 would never turn around and vote for someone as reactionary and right-wing as Romney. Even if they were disappointed in Obama, chances are that they would more likely not vote at all rather than vote for Romney. And I even consider that unlikely, given the horrendous scenario a hard-line right-winger like Romney presents. Four years of a Romney/Ryan administration would be nobody's idea of a good time.

by Anonymousreply 3210/12/2012

I love SNL's take on the undecided voters...

by Anonymousreply 110/11/2012

I generally feel the "undecideds" in the election don't like either candidate (for different reasons) and are avoiding the effort of figuring out which one they can tolerate voting for.

by Anonymousreply 210/11/2012

Attention whores.

by Anonymousreply 310/11/2012

I know a guy in South Texas who is not going to vote for the President again because he said he is disappointed that O did nothing his first two years about jobs, instead "screwed around with health care."

I told him he is not going to like Romney any better in this regard because Mitt's 1%-er friends will just create jobs overseas if they create any at all. He can't make them, and as a Repuke, Mitt will not create any more government jobs, the only ones he can under his purview.

My friend is in his 60s and unemployed.

I wish he just wouldn't vote, but he's mad and frustrated.

by Anonymousreply 410/11/2012

[quote]I also think that anyone who voted for Obama in '08 would never turn around and vote for someone as reactionary and right-wing as Romney.

You're giving the average American voter far too much credit. Also, many people are voting for Romney simply because they've been convinced via Faux News propaganda that Obama hasn't "done anything" to help the economy.

by Anonymousreply 510/11/2012

R6, we're talking about people who voted for Obama in '08. It's hard to imagine anyone who voted for him in '08 would now be so "anti-Obama" that they would actually vote for Romney. Disappointed, perhaps, but not "anti".

by Anonymousreply 710/11/2012

I actually know tons of former BO cheerleaders. People who gave money and are now not.

by Anonymousreply 810/11/2012

I know some too, R8, but on the other hand, they're not about to vote for Romney.

by Anonymousreply 910/11/2012

Go back to FreeperLand and your steady dose of FauxNews, r10. You're not welcome here.

by Anonymousreply 1110/11/2012

So why is it that BO is not getting the same reception in 2012 as he did in 2008? With people who are leaving...there's even commercials now with former Obama supporters who are voting for MR, but many formers are voting 3rd party - Green, Peace & Freedom, etc.

by Anonymousreply 1310/11/2012

[quote]With people who are leaving...there's even commercials now with former Obama supporters who are voting for MR, but many formers are voting 3rd party - Green, Peace & Freedom, etc.

I have several far-left friends who drank a bit too much of the Obama Kool-Aid in '08 and today are embittered by the fact that he didn't live up to all of his campaign promises (and in a number of cases did the exact opposite of what he said he'd do during his last campaign, e.g. close Gitmo and eliminate the Patriot Act). They're not voting for Romney, of course, but they're going with a third-party protest candidate instead.

by Anonymousreply 1410/11/2012

I hate women, but I love communism. I'm torn.

by Anonymousreply 1510/11/2012

i love r15.

by Anonymousreply 1610/11/2012

People who either don't vote or vote for a third party candidate (i.e., wasting their vote) are going to be very, very sorry if Romney/Ryan get elected. I am disappointed in Obama to a large extent as well, because he did not go FAR ENOUGH with his healthcare plan (i.e., single payer) and some of the policies he has left in place from the Bush years, but there is no way in hell I want to see this country revert back to the 1940's or 1950's, which is exactly what we would get under Romney.

by Anonymousreply 1710/11/2012

Can't stand these attention whores.

We'll have to see them being interviewed after EVERY debate, too.

by Anonymousreply 1810/11/2012

undecided is just another word for "I don't vote for Niggers"

by Anonymousreply 1910/11/2012

"there's even commercials now with former Obama supporters who are voting for MR"

faker than Tara Reid's breasts

by Anonymousreply 2010/11/2012

R20, why do you find it so shocking that a former Obama supporter would vote for Romney this time around? You seem to have forgotten the fact that many Obama voters in '08 had voted for *Bush* in 2000 and 2004. (Did it also slip your mind how many formerly red states went blue in '08?) A majority of the people in this country don't identify as Democratic *or* Republican, and as is the case in nearly every national election, moderates will be the deciding vote (which is why it's so insane that both Romney AND McCain ended up sucking so much right-wing dick in order to secure the nomination, and then doubled down by choosing an EXTREME right-wing running mate).

by Anonymousreply 2110/11/2012

Here's the sad reality: About 46% of Americans are Democrats who know where they stand on the issues and know they will vote Democrat. About 46% of Americans are Republicans who know where they stand on the issues and know they will vote Republican.

The remaining 8% are mostly people who don't give a shit about politics or the issues (if they did, they wouldn't be undecided). So they vote purely on likability or style or other vague personal qualities that have little or nothing to do with how the candidate would govern. Modern presidential elections are won or lost based on the preferences of the stupid people who don't care about politics.

by Anonymousreply 2210/11/2012

[quote] A majority of the people in this country don't identify as Democratic *or* Republican

Not true. Only about a third of the people call themselves independent (38% according to the latest Gallup poll). And when asked, most of the independents admit that they lean one way or the other. When you include "leaners," only about 7% of Americans are truly independent.

by Anonymousreply 2310/11/2012

It's unthinkable that any rational person would vote for Mitt Romney. I don't care if they voted for Obama in 08 or not - it's just plain stupid to vote for Romney.

Why? To borrow from President Clinton - IT'S ARITHMETIC.

5 Trillion is the cost of Romney's 20% across the board tax cuts. Plus 2 Trillion for the Pentagon that they haven't asked for but Romney wants them to have anyway. Plus keeping all of the Bush tax cuts which is another 1 Trillion.

So there's 8 TRILLION fucking dollars, which will not create a single job, and no way to pay for it. Oh. Right. Mysterious Super Secret deduction allowances are going to be taken away. But the only deductions with real money in them are the Mortgage interest deduction, the health care deduction, charitable donations and one other one I'm not remembering. That puts the cost of Mitt's 8 Trillion dollars squarely on the backs of the middle class. Oh, and the poor, who Mitt also wants to tax.

No one with any sense would have difficulty seeing through Mitt Romney's "plan" and deciding to vote for the President.

by Anonymousreply 2410/11/2012

I agree. It boggles the mind.

by Anonymousreply 2510/11/2012

[quote] My friend is in his 60s and unemployed.

then he should be retired, not looking for a job.

by Anonymousreply 2610/11/2012

[quote]It's unthinkable that any rational person would vote for Mitt Romney.

It's also unthinkable that you think we are a nation of "rational people" considering George W. Bush was elected president *twice*.

[quote]Why? To borrow from President Clinton - IT'S ARITHMETIC.

Do you seriously think Mittens doesn't realize his math doesn't add up? Of course he does! He's just hoping enough people don't notice. Also, there is not a chance in hell, even in the unlikely event of the Republicans taking back control of the Senate, that the Romney-envisioned budget, or anything close, would ever pass.

by Anonymousreply 2710/11/2012

Exactly. That's why his "we're going to discuss the cuts with the Congress" is so ludicrous. No congressperson is going to vote to end the mortgage tax deduction or the health care or charitable deductions.

Nor will he be able to get rid of Obamacare as long as Democrats hold the Senate.

He's just so obviously a charlatan. I cannot understand why anyone takes him seriously.

by Anonymousreply 2810/11/2012

r4, the reason your friend is unemployed is because he's an idiot.

by Anonymousreply 2910/12/2012

Seeing the panel of undecideds on CNN's coverage made me want to scream. How can anyone not be leaning in one direction or another? And I hated the reasons on how the based their opinions (e.g. "Biden was MEAN to Paul Ryan!")

by Anonymousreply 3010/12/2012

On that CNN undecided panel, there were 8 people (?). 3 raised their hands for Obama. 1 woman said she's leaning towards Romney. This same woman voted for McCain in 2008. The rest of the panel are still undecided.

This one guy was asked by the reporter why he's undecided and has he been paying attention for the past 2 months or so. He says, he works and comes home and is with his family. He's got no time for this. The way he says it it's like people who pay attention to politics and the news are losers who don't have jobs or are professional pundits.

I bet this guy comes home and grabs a beer, ignores the family and tunes to a football or baseball game. If there's no game on, instead of catching up on the news, he flips to some reality show on SpikeTV. He doesn't read the newspaper obviously.

I don't care for these "undecided" losers. They really are low-information electorates and it would be better for all that they don't vote at all.

by Anonymousreply 3110/12/2012

It might be better if they didn't vote, but they do. Since it's obviously going to be an emotional choice it gives the advantage to the President.

Some will go for Romney but a lot more people are comfortable with Barack Obama than are comfortable with Mitt Romney.

by Anonymousreply 3210/12/2012
Need more help? Click Here.