Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

I'm thinking of joining a cult.

I'm so bored & lonely. This is how they rope people in, isn't it?

At least I'd get out of the house and meet new people, right? And they always shower the newbies with attention.

by Anonymousreply 1110/11/2012

Sorry, we don't take gays.

by Anonymousreply 110/11/2012

Me too - I always hoped to get recruited by one of those 'fucking for Jesus type' communities.

Closest I got was with two blonde and cute mormon boys that knocked on my door once. I had wank fantasies for weeks over them.

by Anonymousreply 210/11/2012

Or you could take up a hobby and develop meaningful relationships centered around that activity.

Nevermind, that takes far too much work.

by Anonymousreply 310/11/2012

Go on and find people who share your interests. If you have no interests fake it. They are usually good groups and I have had to move several times for work, so when I get to a new city I check out their meet ups. This is NOT a hook up site. This is a networking site, not for sex.

You also might want to find some place to volunteer. Libraries, hospitals, local civic groups a church. Check out whether there's an art fair, charitable marathon races, or music festivals nearby and usually they have volunteer committees to help with those events. Most cities have had to cut services so the recreation department may have volunteer opportunities. Go to the website of yout town or city and check it out.

by Anonymousreply 410/11/2012

Buy a one way ticket to Kauai. Join a commune around Molokai Bay. Pick fruit, wear dorky robes and have baby blessing ceremonies in the bay.

by Anonymousreply 510/11/2012

What's better: Cult or uncult?

by Anonymousreply 610/11/2012

If you join the Moonies, they shower **with** the newbies. Big church presence in central PA.

by Anonymousreply 710/11/2012

"I'm going to sit at the welcome table. Going to sit at the welcome table one of these days!"

by Anonymousreply 810/11/2012

R8 beat me to it.

That is all.

by Anonymousreply 910/11/2012

Find a 12 step program. Any one of them but Gamblers Anonymous has some pretty driven people. Find meeting lists online.

by Anonymousreply 1010/11/2012

by Anonymousreply 1110/11/2012
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!